• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Fantasy. Role Playing. Game.

Agent

Lance
Have you heard of "role-playing"? I ask, using my fingers as quotation marks.
Well of course you have! But have you tried "role-playing games"? Well duh! But if not then you'll learn quick.

Let's just do this: A roleplay but with turn-based combat thrown in using my newest experimental combat systems. You're probably worried about the word "experimental", but fret not, because every combat system I make is experimental. Except the Fire Emblem one. We refined that to the best of our abilities.
We'll... also throw in the occasional puzzle for good measure.

Now, this RPG will have like, five races, and we have no predesigned classes. So make your own class and I'll see about their capabilities.
Whenever I make an RPG of some kind, I always add "party rules" that lets the crew modify the game experience to be good for the team.
Now anyways, I've said enough. I'm not just gonna talk at length about something that people care about, riiiiight?

Usually I have RPGs with around 5 people, to keep the group relatively diverse. Don't know if I can roll with X amount of people, unless some of them make two characters to use.

Hmm... do I need more people? Unless... one or more of you are the type to create multiple characters for a single RP?

IsaacGaming IsaacGaming Circe Circe mindicree mindicree Cerise Cerise Veil Walker Veil Walker
Alright, while i'm generating character sheets with all the necessary information on the side, cast your votes to determine the party rules, which will influence certain parts of the game permanently.

1. Should everyone be higher level?
Some people are just tired of starting as noobs and want to get into the action immediately. By voting Yes to this option, all characters will gain a few extra levels from the start.

2. Should experience be 100% shared?
Experience will be split between the party and everyone will always level up at the exact same time if this option is chosen. If you vote no, it'll be different; party members will receive 25% of the experience gained from killing an enemy when someone else kills an enemy(One gets 100xp, Others get 25xp)

3. Would you like a tutorial or just notes?
You'll be forced to do reasonable actions at the start of the game, but everything will be explained in excruciating detail. Otherwise, you'll just receive notes on how certain mechanics work.

4. Do you want most items to be consumable, or refilling?
Consumable items will be removed from the inventory permanently upon usage. Refilling items can be used a certain amount of times in combat, but will refill at the end of combat. Some items won't be affected either way, however.

5. Fast Burn, Slow Burn.
At the start of combat, everyone will have none of the "energy" needed to perform their stronger attacks. By turning on Fast Burn, all characters will have half of their maximum "energy" from the start to kickstart combat.

6. Elemental Rock-Paper-Scissors.
When enabled, each character will have a certain "element" associated with them that increases their effectiveness towards a specific "element", and decreases it towards another one. Additionally adds a tertiary element with balanced effectiveness.
Example: Fire > Air > Earth > Water > Fire.

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Tutorial
4. Consumable
5. Slow burn, though not too familiar with mechanics yet
6. Enabled, I guess, but again, may depend on the mechanics

sorry Agent Agent , i've been busy with my existing rps and finals season is approaching so i'm realizing i probably won't have time for another ^^" i'll go ahead and open up my spot in the group. thank you though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back