• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Fantasy Pirates - One piece style rp

QuirkyAngel

White Masquerade's Blue Oni
Plot: Two brothers, thieves from Fantalia Island, dream of adventure, treasure, and all that lay beyond the horizon. Well, the smarter one that is. So, packing their bags, they left their home for the glory piracy. First thing's first though. They needed a ship. A merchant from the port city of Rindor promises the best ship on the island. For a price. An incredibly large one. When stealing the boat didn't go as planned, they did what any other pirate would do in there situation. They bargained. Lend them the boat and they would take it to the Isle of Dread, find King Geldion's buried treasure, and use that to pay off the ship. A bold statement indeed, considering the island has been known to be infested with monsters, undead spirits, and many other horrors. But that was what they said would and that was what they must do. At least, if they want to keep their ship that is. In order to accomplish their mission they would need a good crew to join them. A brave, capable crew with able sea legs and willingness to venture into the dangerous unknown. And so the recruiting process began.

Are you willing to join them?

880253-3252052544_e963d49762.jpg
moogle.png

Setting: Let's say North Blue, Crescent Island, for the start. This will be a One piece style rp so all the basics will be there (Marines, world goverment, etc). However, you don't really need to know anything about the fandom as every island has its own rules and customs and I don't really have any intention of touching One Piece lore all that much. In fact, if all goes well, you all will get the chance to create your own island for us to play on.

How this rp will work: After the first arc, we take turns coming up with plot as our characters go from island to island. You'll all get the chance to be gms (coming up with npcs, villains, etc. for that arc). Of course, I'd still be the head gm when it comes to disputes and such, but for the most part the current gm for the arc will have full authority to make things fun for the other players as they please. As such, I'm going to be looking for solid writers who are confident in their creativity to join me in this. We'll also be going round robin, so I'll also be capping at 6 players (not including myself) max. Everyone reacts. When it's your turn to post, you get 3 days to toss up something (at least 2 paragraphs, 5 sentences each) else your turn is skipped. If your turn is skipped 3 times (without any notice), I'll start looking for a new player.

Any questions, feel free to ask. If interested please respond here so I have an approximate size of the crew.

I’d be interested! Do you allow a player to control two OCs? Also, ICly, how much (or little) experience do our characters have to have in sailing/piracy?

85BB52CE-5035-4D2C-860E-9C8FB03A644A.jpeg
What an amazing chest, Gwenivere... I’ve found a rare rp!
Gimme that spot I’ll keep it inside me

I’d be interested! Do you allow a player to control two OCs? Also, ICly, how much (or little) experience do our characters have to have in sailing/piracy?

Certainly. Since I'm capping at 6 players feel free to make and play however many OCs you can manage. Though the more you make the more work you'll have. You'll be making villains, npcs, etc. when your turn to gm comes around anyway.

Since this is the beginning of the Fantasy Pirates little experience gives more room for more character growth/development, but their background will be entirely up to you.

Certainly. Since I'm capping at 6 players feel free to make and play however many OCs you can manage. Though the more you make the more work you'll have. You'll be making villains, npcs, etc. when your turn to gm comes around anyway.

Since this is the beginning of the Fantasy Pirates little experience gives more room for more character growth/development, but their background will be entirely up to you.
Ah did I miss out then?

I’ll delete my reference and start my own pirate rp. With blackjack.. and hookers!
You know, forget the blackjack!

Ah screw the whole thing...

Ah did I miss out then?

I’ll delete my reference and start my own pirate rp. With blackjack.. and hookers!
You know, forget the blackjack!

Ah screw the whole thing...

Not yet. You're 5th player to show an interest. Well, 4th.

In all technicality no one's accepted yet until they complete their CS.

Well then I’ll keep blackjack and hookers to my arc when I’m a co gm after completing a character cause not to be sans,
You’re gonna have a bad time/get dunked on

before Im definitely in, is that really not a problem if I dont know one piece at all?
Ive googled it up quickly and the covers only confused me, seeing as some seemed modern, some historical, some victorian era-ish...

before Im definitely in, is that really not a problem if I dont know one piece at all?
Ive googled it up quickly and the covers only confused me, seeing as some seemed modern, some historical, some victorian era-ish...

It's not. I probably won't be touching much lore stuff, but if I do, I'd explain it either IC or OOC if it was important. You can always ask questions, but wiki is probably better because, tbh, I didn't watch too far into OP either. Just up to thriller bark arc. I do know some stuff because my brother likes spoiling things tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back