• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Nation Building Experience?

Orikanyo said:
Dwarves tend to expand as the rescieve resource, if they have a huge population, you damn well know they have a lot under their belt, or atleast a lot of friends they can trade with to get what they need.
They tend to be self sufficient. They seem to not reproduce quickly and so im guessing I will have much lower population than most- and be overflowing with resources

GrieveWriter said:
Well dwarves are often portrayed as simple minded miners who are occasionally overtaken by greed and are often sturdy enough in battle.
I'd say Natural Resources of four, but until you decide where your territory should be I can't really give you an Estimation.
whats skill point limit again?

GrieveWriter said:
Each skill can have up to five points given to it. Natural Resources of Four is about B-Grade
I mean the total u can put, not listed in the thread as of yet

I think I'll be sticking around middle ground for most things, probably make education a priority.

Thing is do the populations have to to be a single race or can they be a mixed bag of nuts? I understand if so It messes with the cultural benefits and problem problem represent, however it could be presented as a middle ground.

For the most part I would like to have populations consisting of one race each, not because I don't mind entertaining the idea but because I think it might be a bit much.

what about Confederations and Unions bettwen players? such as creating a United Repulic or Empire?

Last edited by a moderator:
(@DefendKebab1918 ) If you and another Player decide to join forces then yes, that is allowed.

Okay everyone, I feel as though all the necessary stuff is complete. I will link all of you to the Overview of the RP where you shall read the rules and determine if you wish to continue or not.

If so, make a character sheet, wait for approval which will be signified by Me liking the post. Then we wait until enough nations are ready, afterwards I will make the starting post.

(@drummerboi )(@AyyyLmao )(@Bobisdead123 )(@Sha )(@Mena )(@Fezzes )(@Dtheraider )(@Idea )(@DefendKebab1918 )(@Orikanyo )

How is this game coming along? I'm running a Fantasy Nation Building game as well, so it'll be cool to watch this and if you want to share Ideas let me know! :D

Beckoncall said:
How is this game coming along? I'm running a Fantasy Nation Building game as well, so it'll be cool to watch this and if you want to share Ideas let me know! :D
it died sadly. Me and grieve tried to keep it going but players dropped

Why do you think that happened? I'm new to play by post so I don't really understand the cycles of interest. I guess a lot of PbP games die out... I just don't understand why people just walk off when they lose interest... when it's an opportunity to say what you'd really want in the story and see if it can be developed....

Beckoncall said:
Why do you think that happened? I'm new to play by post so I don't really understand the cycles of interest. I guess a lot of PbP games die out... I just don't understand why people just walk off when they lose interest... when it's an opportunity to say what you'd really want in the story and see if it can be developed....
not sure, you just lose interest somehow, its happened to me.

Well, I'm having a lot of fun so far -- but I am not sure if PbP will become a favorite medium of mine if this is sort of the norm.

I was also thinking about running 1-off 1x1 adventures in chat... with characters and themes being flexable... just lighter RP to tide me over while waiting for more posts.

Beckoncall said:
Well, I'm having a lot of fun so far -- but I am not sure if PbP will become a favorite medium of mine if this is sort of the norm.
I was also thinking about running 1-off 1x1 adventures in chat... with characters and themes being flexable... just lighter RP to tide me over while waiting for more posts.
good idea. Engaging your players keeps them interested

Users who are viewing this thread

Back