• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Nation Building Experience?

@DefendKebab1918

I find your rping satisfactory in terms of Simple Rps but I have no experience with how you deal with Detailed Rps, so I have no way of judging.

So you can make a sheet to be looked over and if it matches with the criteria you'll be fine.

@Idea

I've actually already made the threads, just haven't finished implementing all the tabs, I plan on making a large map for all of us to label our territories. But if I'm unable to find a decent enough map I shall tag you all within the next two hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Evening folks, looking for another potential nation?

As I said before, there currently isn't a limit. Just keep in mind the style of fantasy involved, I already have one person who jumped the gun and tried adding in a bunch of sci-fi stuff without studying up.

...that... that's pretty foolish by any standard, no offence meant to the person that is.

Regardless have we a merchant city yet?

I haven't even finished making the world map yet, if you wish for your Nation to be trade heavy then you may do so using the Point system I've got prepared for when I open it to the public.

Also since I want to be Nomadic...can I say the Capital is the Yurt of The Khan? or His camp?

You can choose to be nomadic yes, but without a central kingdom your gonna have to miss out on points for education and natural resources and stuff, but I have a feeling you'll still go for Nomads so be my guest.

So while I'm here I might as well explain to you guys how the map is gonna work.

Basically, I will create a massive world map with continents major islands and stuff like that using some programs I recently came across. If you're making a nation you will take the file for this map and use whatever you need to in order to label your nations official borders.

Hopefully if we do finally reach a limit to players and are established I can use these to make a map of the nations. And all of you can use it for things like travel and diplomacy or whatever

Bobisdead123 said:
Your always either nomads or the Turks :P
what can I say,its much easier for me to rp as Nomads as I knowh a lot about its governing system and organization and I favour it since I like Monogol Khanate,Huns,Göktürks Etc. Plus it gives me a Reason to viallote other Nations borders and raid them.

Last edited by a moderator:
DefendKebab1918 said:
what can I say,its much easier for me to rp as Nomads as I knowh a lot about its governing system and organization and I favour it since I like Monogol Khanate,Huns,Göktürks Etc. Plus it gives me a Reason to viallote other Nations borders and raid them.
haha. My Battlehammer Clan warves will cut them down!

GrieveWriter said:
You can choose to be nomadic yes, but without a central kingdom your gonna have to miss out on points for education and natural resources and stuff, but I have a feeling you'll still go for Nomads so be my guest.
So while I'm here I might as well explain to you guys how the map is gonna work.

Basically, I will create a massive world map with continents major islands and stuff like that using some programs I recently came across. If you're making a nation you will take the file for this map and use whatever you need to in order to label your nations official borders.

Hopefully if we do finally reach a limit to players and are established I can use these to make a map of the nations. And all of you can use it for things like travel and diplomacy or whatever
Ghost in the Machine is dead for now :(

Perhaps you should make a post to stir some new activity and interaction?

Hmm, I see... Seems I shall have to get crafty with my negotiations. Perhaps have a nation of diabolists? A house system?

My so many ideas, I wonder what I shall do~! And whom I shall have as friends, or rather allies of convenience?

I can't really post anything in GotM yet until Neo does, and since I haven't much to do yet Neo doesn't have enough to post about. And since the rest of you are preoccupied with Atom the only thing the RP can do is wait until Atom breathes life into it again.

GrieveWriter said:
I can't really post anything in GotM yet until Neo does, and since I haven't much to do yet Neo doesn't have enough to post about. And since the rest of you are preoccupied with Atom the only thing the RP can do is wait until Atom breathes life into it again.
hm....

I have a feeling we shall be great friends. @Bobisdead123

I shall await await thread to create the nation, it is a strange thing about nations, they can have similar situations, but completely different ways to do things.

I'll focus on fluff before I go for the crunch of the stats.

Nations may have whatever population they want. In my time here I've found that a large population can be more hazardous than orc or raider hordes.

Basically, if you want a large population you're going to need a LOT of natural resources. Food, lumber, craft materials and more all account for the necessities of a large population. Without enough Natural resources to sustain it your nation, or band of nomads in this case, will slowly starve to death and I can promise you that.

And since you're a band of traveling Nomads I would suggest keeping your population low or else you'll just end up settling eventually.

GrieveWriter said:
Nations may have whatever population they want. In my time here I've found that a large population can be more hazardous than orc or raider hordes.
Basically, if you want a large population you're going to need a LOT of natural resources. Food, lumber, craft materials and more all account for the necessities of a large population. Without enough Natural resources to sustain it your nation, or band of nomads in this case, will slowly starve to death and I can promise you that.

And since you're a band of traveling Nomads I would suggest keeping your population low or else you'll just end up settling eventually.
What d you reccomendf for my Dwarf Clan? im basing it off of a book and it doesn't mention population :(

Dwarves tend to expand as the rescieve resource, if they have a huge population, you damn well know they have a lot under their belt, or atleast a lot of friends they can trade with to get what they need.

Well dwarves are often portrayed as simple minded miners who are occasionally overtaken by greed and are often sturdy enough in battle.

I'd say Natural Resources of four, but until you decide where your territory should be I can't really give you an Estimation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back