• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Nation Building Experience?

GrieveWriter

U-Incorporated 2nd Class Type Unit
I've been part of several of these in the past, but due to lack of interaction they always seem to dry up young. Therefore, I'd like to give it a go at running one of these myself in order to find how much of a burden it could truly be.

Simply speaking, I plan on opening a fantasy Nation Building RP focused on World/Character Development and story-telling.

The Players will each create a nation for them to play as, whether it be a nation sparsely populated by majestic trees and scattered archer tribes or a densely packed wasteland teeming with Imps shall be up to you. You will need a ruler, of course, but you will also get to play as people of importance or just regular members of your nation.

There will be a map which we shall label all of our national borders, whether these nations already know each other or are just discovering each other shall be up to the Players.

The Positives and Negatives will be determined via a Point system whereas you will spend a predetermined amount of points on whichever you the player deem most important for your specific nation.

There is much more to consider, of course, but many fundamentals have been listed.

Shows of interest and/ or questions about this Rp?

Well yes, but keep in mind this is nation building... An will focus on what can basically be seen as an entire country worth of individuals. Also I'm considering having it be Detailed so as to avoid drops in quality.

It isn't as foreboding as Simple Players make it out to be, just focus on meeting the Post Minimum with as little grammatical errors as you can and you'll be fine.

Good sir! I am insulted you have not tagged me!

I am in of course! I could also tag some friends

Well this seems like enough people to start, so depending on when I can finish up setting the tabs up and everything we should be good to start accepting Nations tomorrow-ish if everything goes swell.

Hmm... Sounds quite interesting, are you going to set a limit for entries?

I'm probably going to have to, too many nations will most certainly get jumbled... but once the threads are situated I'll consider having a cut off time for entries or actual limits. So until then consider it open to all who have the time to put effort into this.

I think I`m in. Question: In what kind of things will these "points" be spendable on? What parts are entirely free to the rper`s imagination, exactly?

The points will be used to determine a nation's strengths and weaknesses, for any gamer out there consider it similar to Fallout's S.P.E.C.I.A.L. System,

Things like:

Education

Magic

Military

Wealth

Natural resources

Will be determined by how many points you spend on them, there will be a maximum number of points so pick strengths and weaknesses carefully. Each may have up to five points put into them, and you may spend only 13. In addition, Military points will be used to determine which branches of your nation's military outclass the other. You will have a choice between Land, Air and Sea forces, and each force may only be given up to three of the points which were used for Military.

So Military works like this: If you spend four points on Military then you must decide which branch gets how many of those points. And even if you use all five for military then there will leave room for other major weaknesses.

As such there will always be useable strengths and weaknesses for every single nation.

Questions?

Also things like history, population, government and environment description will be up to the player. But they will have to match up with what you've chosen as your nation's strengths and weaknesses.

For instance: A nation with A military of Five but an intelligence of two will have inferior tactics to a smarter nation but will probably have superior Armaments in general.

Similarly Nations with high populations but low Wealth or Natural resources will be more dependant on trade due to the inability to support themselves.

Things like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, this is a fantasy rp. That (in some cases) implies other races. I had something in mind for this kind of thing, but I`d like to know how far we can considering racial advantages (naturally elves would be physically superior to humans, for example)

Idea said:
Well, this is a fantasy rp. That (in some cases) implies other races. I had something in mind for this kind of thing, but I`d like to know how far we can considering racial advantages (naturally elves would be physically superior to humans, for example)
aren't elves weaker but more agile?

Oh yeah, races will have various traits, which also aligns with the point system.

As you've said, Forest elves will have superior athletic abilities prompting an increase in Military points.

High Elves are often displayed as superior in forms of intelligence and should likewise be given more Intelligence by their creator.

Humans are often portrayed with tenacity and though it won't give them as much room for intelligence things like wealth will undoubtedly rise.

Orcs often have superior military aspects but lower intelligences.

Goblins though weak often have superior bartering skills, increase of wealth.

In the end I trust you as the Players to align your Skill points to favor the strengths and weaknesses of whichever race you choose.

Bobisdead123 said:
aren't elves weaker but more agile?
I`,m not sure this is the place to have this discussion (besides, it was just an example), but in many depictions (take LOTR) elves are simply humans with an upgrade so to speak.

GrieveWriter said:
Oh yeah, races will have various traits, which also aligns with the point system.
As you've said, Forest elves will have superior athletic abilities prompting an increase in Military points.

High Elves are often displayed as superior in forms of intelligence and should likewise be given more Intelligence by their creator.

Humans are often portrayed with tenacity and though it won't give them as much room for intelligence things like wealth will undoubtedly rise.

Orcs often have superior military aspects but lower intelligences.

Goblins though weak often have superior bartering skills, increase of wealth.

In the end I trust you as the Players to align your Skill points to favor the strengths and weaknesses of whichever race you choose.
Oh, so we choose one of the races you already came up with?

Oh no, feel free to make whichever you want... that is totally up to you guys. But I do expect to see their strengths and weaknesses highlighted with the distribution of points.

GrieveWriter said:
Oh no, feel free to make whichever you want... that is totally up to you guys. But I do expect to see their strengths and weaknesses highlighted with the distribution of points.
Ok then. Looking forward to this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back