• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Fantasy Mercenaries: The Light Lotus Company

About guns: gunpowder can easily be replaced by fire magic, plasma too.
In this universe we got half-orcs? Engineer, Tinkeerer?
I'm very interested tbh.
You can have a projectile weapon that shoots blasts of fire fueled by Ardanor. In this universe Half orcs could exist, sure. Engineers, Tinkers, I don't see why not. Just people who are working with Science to enhance Ardanor based technology (which is pretty much ALL technology.)

So, to all the peeps who made a CS, I have signed some CS' and sent them letters. To those of you who haven't gotten a signature or letter yet, give me time as I need food.

scorpiodragon scorpiodragon Quados Quados explosiveKitten explosiveKitten StryxRiver StryxRiver animegirl20 animegirl20 Sana Natsuko Sana Natsuko StaidFoal StaidFoal Absurdisan Absurdisan ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi SilverbackActual SilverbackActual Viper Actual Viper Actual Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture MToki MToki

So I have 13 players who have currently submitted a CS. A few of you with multiple Characters. 16 Characters plus my two makes 18. Three over the 10 player limit and also the 13 character limit (Not including mine) I intended to allow and that's not counting any late arrivals. Four sheets remain to be read and approved. I am willing to start with this immense amount of players.

However, I need to make something clear to you folks. I am 1 person, working 40 hours a week getting off at 8:00 P.M. every evening, getting home at 8:30. I do this work on my Laptop and Cell phone, I used my cell for a majority of today's work. While I am so deeply flattered by the huge interest I got for this story and I cant thank you enough for that, I want to be honest to you. With so many players, personalizing interactions with individual players is going to be very hard to do at a reasonable pace. (The letters in your inboxes should be an example of that) It allows me to make a more complex setting for missions, but that also relies on the level of commitment I get from you guys. (Get in what you put out scenario)

So, here is what I am thinking. I can do one of a few options.

A: Continue with my original plan and use every player in all scenes regardless of their ability. (This allows for everyone to be a part of the action all the time, and not be left waiting or wanting. But this would take about a week per Scene to do properly, with that same amount of love and effort provided in the interest check.)

B: Divide the large group into 2 smaller groups, one led by Janet, the other by Ramirov. Use One or parts of both in scenes based on character ability. (This would be along the lines of practicality. A merc company wouldn't send every merc to every mission every time, but players not in a mission would have to wait for whole scenes before getting a chance to play at times. It would allow the Vacay room to be put to use more regularly but it's essentially 'wait your turn!')

C: Trim the herd regularly. Have mercs die off at a healthy pace, permanently ending their time in the RP, but allowing their chance to shine. (People die all the time, in Anime, games, shows, it would be natural to have characters die during certain situations. Characters marked for death would either be done by volunteer or a live random drawing. It would make things easier as things progress but then a character's story ends permanently. No new ones being allowed, unless for special temporary circumstances.)

D: Trim the herd now and avoid future dilemmas. (This is my last option for a reason, where I simply revoke or deny entry into the story to make things easier for me. Players could voluntarily withdraw or I could deny players based on my opinion of their character/s. That means you wont be a part of the story and your character will not be used at all.)

My reasoning for bringing this up is because I want to face this issue now and not suppress it. My previous dealings with large #s of players by myself ended with mental exhaustion from me trying my best to give full individual interaction to each player, mainly because players didnt always voluntarily choose to interact with eachother or those who did try to interact with others got ignored for whatever reason. (Which hurts, alot.) Plus with my plan for the story being one mission after the next in different scenarios, it would demand solid commitment from all parties to keep it going at a regular pace which is hard for many. (Its definitely hard for me, but I know I can do it.) And I know life happens. Theres that college paper, a big exam, job interviews, sick days, work, other roleplays, playdates with family and loved ones, a huge plethora of things. For me it was being promoted to full time which took away a lot of free time.

Ultimately my message is this. If you ALL want to be in this Roleplay I will be expecting a solid effort to work with me and other players to make this story great. This will be a long one, but will be one to remember if done right. Give me your thoughts, either here or DM if your shy. In the mean time, I will read the final sheets and prepare Scene 1 Part 1.

I get attached to my characters and have a difficult time letting them go. You are also right that players tend not to interact with others very well, has happened to me multiple times when I join, which is why I don’t rp anymore but in the rp I manage.

I like the idea of option B. Maybe alternate the groups. Say...this person, you, that person go with Jane one week. Then switch to other person another week. That is just a suggestion but might be confusing so maybe just ignore me in that regard.

Personally, I like Option B the best, because waiting for my turn would allow me to focus on other things I'm busy with. It would allow more "screentime" for each person, as it wouldn't be too crowded for each mission. More importantly, it sounds the easiest to handle, meaning less mental exhaustion for you!

I'm up for whatever. Because I'm currently undergoing military training I can't post very often beside late evenings and weekends during leave but I always try to do my best.

Option B seems the most questworthy. It would allow everyone who submitted a chance to play. However we don't want you overworking yourself either.

Option B or D sounds best to me to allow for manageable, quality roleplay without overwhelming either you or us.

I'm really okay with whatever,I think some people will probably drop off once the rp starts going.

Option B sounds like a winner so far! And I agree, it does seem to be the best out of them all, allowing a nice amount of time for each character and giving everyone a break to deal with life.

I think B or C are the best from a narrative source. Also, with all the characters and interest, I'll not add a character. Just letting everyone know my opinion.

I gotta agree it is highly likely be the time this starts half will have dropped out or will do so after the rp picks up.

Responses will be sporadic from me tomorrow. I got a cooking group that starts at 4pm but pickup starts at 3pm eastern. In the morning, not sure of the time, will be going to Kroger’s to pick up pumpkin bread for thanksgiving meal on the 15th which starts at 11:30 am I think.
Monday I got therapy and Tuesday I got a doctor appointment at 3:20 pm eastern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back