• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Fantasy Medieval RP Partner Search! ~always open~

ShakinMcBacon

ばかです
I'm looking for someone who's interested in a historical or low-fantasy RP, as the title would suggest.

I don't expect much of my partners, but here's a few things to keep in mind:

1: Be literate. The occasional typo and spelling mistake is fine (goodness knows I do it), but keep your writing nice to read.

2: Take an equal part in developing and carrying the plot as we go. Sure, sometimes you might not be feeling creative, but its frustrating when someone gives a completely noncommittal response. This is a story we're both writing, and it's no fun when it's only one person doing the work.

3: Sort of a vice versa of the previous point. When making a post, I try my best to give the other person something to go off of (unless the characters are each doing their own thing). Please try to do the same, I've dropped a few RPs simply because the other person gave me absolutely nothing to respond to, even when our characters were in an interaction. Again, this is a team effort.

4: Whenever you have a question or idea, don't be shy to share it with me in our OOC chat. I love to collaborate on building worlds, plots, characters, etc. If you're feeling uninspired or want to speed things up/ slow them down, just ask.

Note: I'll write characters of either gender, but primarily write males.

Alright, now to the plots.

(Those marked with asterisks are ones I've been wanting to do)

In the cold north there lies a being. It is ever present, it is in the frenzied blizzards and chill winds, in the shifting snow banks and the cracking of ice upon rivers. Now it has turned its all-knowing gaze to the lives of men and mer, manifesting itself into the "Unbeing", the men and women consumed by the force. Trappers, servants, soldiers, butchers, all will wake suddenly in the night and disappear. Now they are the subject of folklore; figures that come to snatch away children and burn down grain barns. Our characters can either be skeptical foreigners or disgruntled locals, but either way, the Unbeing must be understood and ended.

in the sprawling city of Goldmire, a distrubing discovery has been made. A series of catacombs, built by the ancients and seemingly endless, lie beneath the city, unknown to the world above until now. Scholars, thieves, and treasure-hunters alike now delve into the dark depths, seeking knowledge and treasure alike. What dark horrors await them? How does one explain the recent rise of a cult that worships the "ones below"?

Two apprentice mages awake to find their master missing, the library and study ransacked, and nothing to guide them but a note that reads "Do not follow". The apprentices will face a journey of hardship and mystery, as they unravel the secrets of their master's role in the intricacies of politics and magic.

In the spire of Arianvar, the veiled city, lies an expansive library, a wealth of knowledge that knows no rival. In those spiraling halls is a very special book. A grimoire. A store of ancient, forbidden knowledge, and an item that is kept closely guarded. It is said novel that thieves have been tasked to find, in return for a fortune beyond measure.

King Teron II's 33rd Wyvern Knights Regiment, the last of its kind, has fallen before the forces of chaos. In the heat of blood and battle, the regiment's commander sent the two youngest and newest riders with a message. A message to take to the capital, and warn the rest of the kingdom's forces of the calamity to come. And so, on ragged wings and with the cries of their comrades echoing in their ears, they fly, from one maelstrom to another.

A kingdom receives a foreign diplomat as a gesture of goodwill between the two factions. Unbeknownst to the king receiving the courtier, his new court member has their own plot, to spy on the matters of the kingdom and eventually kill the king, as well as his heirs. Character A is one of the king's children, and character B is the foreign diplomat.
Leave a reply on this thread with what plot you're interested in, and I'll pm you.

Last edited:
hi! i’m with you on all fronts ~ the collaborative effort, the engagement, and the OOC communication. “the frozen hearth”, “down below”, and “the missing master” all sound right up my alley. PM me if you’d like to discuss further/set up an rp!!

Hello! I'd love to try and roleplay one of these plots with you! (Preferable "The Missing Master." And "Adventure, Danger, and Death.")

I would love to do Down Below, Missing Master, or Wilds Untaimed. Pm me if you want to discuss characters/plot stuff!

You had me at low-fantasy! If you're still looking - seeing as you have plenty of interested peeps - I'd be happy to plot with you for either 'Down Below'; 'Wilds Untamed'; or 'Adventure, Danger, and Death'. Shoot me a PM if interested~

I am so interested in all of those plots!! Haha I’m down to roleplay any of your choice, they are your plots after all... I’d love to discuss possible story routes and characters with you! :)

All these plots are amazing - I can see why everyone here is having a hard time choosing. "The Frozen Hearth" and "The Missing Master" are my favourites. Please let me know :)

OOF I love low-fantasy!
And your roleplay guidelines pretty much line up with mine as well! Communicating OORP? Hell yeah! Equal effort in developing the story? Sign me up!
If I were to pick favourites ( it was hard given that all your plots intrigue me) I would choose either Wilds Untamed or Adventure, Danger & Death.

"Behold, for it is bumped," Said he, and all around him knew it was so, for the thread had indeed been elevated, and they wept openly in awe and joy.

It lied unbumped for many days, and there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth. Then, on the seventh day, he came unto the people of RpNation and bumped it again, bringing elevation once more.

Hey, I’m not sure if you’re still looking for a partner, but I’m definitely interested! The plots “Down Below”, “Wilds Untamed”, and “Adventure, Danger, and Death” piqued my interest the most.

I like how you think, but I'm not completely interested in any of your plots.
They get close tho. So if we can change them a little bit we can RP for sure.

I'm down for any of these, but mostly the two youth going on an adventure for riches and glory as I've got a craving for that type of story. Would you like to go on an adventure with me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back