The Unknown of Salem Magic Academy

The Queen

I RULE YOU! (Or Nah if you have a gun)
On this page all the information that you need to know will be posted. Please don't post on here w/out permission. Thank you!

What You Need to Know/Background

In the world of Regia there are two powerful kingdoms. One is the Han empire and one is the Qin. (Both are Chinese Dynasties, I know.) You live in the Han empire, and are about to attend the Salem Magic Academy. This academy trains magicians to become warriors and fight in the battle against the Qin. After three years in this school you will be tested in the final exam, and will become a warrior. Although, the war may come sooner than expected.

At Salem you will enter with an exam test to figure out what rank you will become. Yellow is the lowest, then green, and red is the highest. There are a few who are placed in the Unknown which I will explain later. Your classes will be based on your rank. (You can choose your rank but you must request to be an unknown.)

All powers are based off of a weapon you either inherit, buy, find or steal. These weapons each contain a magical spirit that powers your body when using the weapon. There are two ways to use this weapon. Halfheartedly and Wholeheartedly (You can say HH and WH.) HH is when you just use your magic and transmit it through the weapon. An example in making your weapon catch on fire, or spew out water. The way your weapon reacts is based on the amount of magic that flows inside you.

Magic is classed as Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Lightning, or Dark. Dark magic is rare and must also be requested. Though, there is also magic called Unknown. This magic seems to call on a source of life energy, like how the dark energy works. This is when the four spirits come in.

Four spirits live inside the magic of four different people. They produce a purple light that is just like pure energy or life force. It is extremely powerful but is not always seen as good. These people were chosen by the spirits to choose the next empire and they must work together to do so.

Dark magic comes from killing. If you have killed someone on purpose then you posses dark magic. Most dark magic is not seen, but it can accumulate by the amount you kill. Dark magic is not accepted into the academy but can be shielded is your magic flow is strong enough so there are some who sneak into the school.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Character Sign-up Skeleton

(What I want to see in a sign-up application)

Name:

[Picture of Character. Preferred to be Anime]

Date of Birth:

Body Structure: (Height, weight, body shape.)

Eye Color:

Sex:

Sexual Orientation:

Blood type:

Skin tone:

Voice: (If you could give me an example that would be fantastic)

Description: (what the character wears, and body)

Weakness and Strengths:

Personality: (One or Two Paragraphs)

Bio: (I would love at least three paragraphs. Contact me if you need to know about history of Regia)

Weapon:

Magic Base: (Element) If you want unknown or darkness put -Darkness Request- I will edit and either say -Darkness Denied- or -Darkness accepted-

Grade:Do the same as Magic base.

Other:

Thats it! Feel free to take your time on this because it is a lot of information. If you come in after we start you will just be a transfer or new student.

Weapons For Magic

(Accepting weapon requests.)

Air Based Magic:

• Bow

• Wooden Staff

• Three small daggers

Fire Based Magic:

• Long, Bronze Sword

• Spear

• Large Curved Dagger

Water Based Magic:

• Trident

• Katana

• Long knife

Earth Based Magic:

• Mace

• Large Hammer or Axe

• Bulky Sword

How Magic and Magic Tools Work

Air Magic:

If you have a magic tool you have a low attack power but you are great at dodging and stealth. Your accuracy is also very good so even if you don't attack often you can hit home.

Fire Magic:

You have great attacking power, and can light your weapon on fire, and absorb fire. Your defense is not the best but you can create heavy damage.

Water Magic:

You are good all around and have a good defense and offense. You can manipulate the water around you and shoot water from your weapon. You are very fluid in your motions and can attack furiously.

Earth Magic:

You have an amazing defense but low attack. You can manipulate the earth around you, and can use your weapons to make earthquakes or avalanches.

Dark Magic:

The ability to turn people into hating monsters that look like this.

images

You can control what they do once they become this way. Your weapons can plant dark seeds in others.

Unknown Magic:

Purple energy that can create a shield or defend. Very Powerful yet drains body easily. Can also be used as a powerful attack, how it works is strange and depends on the persons personality.

Society: Social Standings

(Use this to help create character)

Royal Family

The King and his immediate family all live in the palace. They have huge influence and lead in the war. You can be a royal just request it please.

Nobles/Generals

Own vasts amount of land and

Soldiers

Enforce the law, and what most of the magicians coming out of this school will become. The ELITE soldiers are magicians that have attended Salem.

Citizens

Middle class, own small businesses and farms. Are drafted into the army.

Refugees/Slaves

Refugees from the Qin empire, or prisoners of war. No rights, and almost always poor.

Qin and Han Attributes

Pure Qin:

• Dark hair
  • Purple eyes
  • Pale with strange scarring on the back

Citizen:

• Various Hair color because it is an immigrant nation
  • Various eyes
  • No scarring

Pure Han:

• Red Hair
  • Blue eyes