• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Fantasy High School

If you were to join, what gender would you join as?

• Female

• Male

• Other

• One of each

• More female characters than male

• More male characters than female

Results are only viewable after voting.

Comix

Chaos Queen
I was considering making a fantasy high-school role play that will always remain open and is completely character driven without a plot. The goal is for it to be self-sufficient, characters interacting whenever they'd like with whoever they'd like. There would be regular events where for a certain week, there would be a school festival or field trip. There would be classes that could be role play as players please and other locations to go to as well.
I would set up the various locations, add Events (perhaps they could be voted on?) and accept / deny the characters, but other than that, it would be in the player's hands.
Opinions and suggestions?

Do you think I'd have less people if I made it into a more detailed roleplay? Minimum of a paragraph post and the like?

Some people like having a detailed role-play it helps them see what's happening in their head, but it's all up to you as the creator of the rp.
Do you think I'd have less people if I made it into a more detailed roleplay? Minimum of a paragraph post and the like?

Any suggestions on how to lay out settings so it won't be so cluttered? I have pictures and descriptions to use of the school, the surrounding area, and the nearby town but I'd like it to be organized and I'm a waste at coding. I'm basically using freebie codes, but can't seem to find one to fit the settings.

Can you answer a few questions?
  1. What type of world are we in? I know it's a fantasy, so I'm expecting edgy demons, and a shitload of mages, but besides that - what kind of world is this?
  2. What kind of limitations are imposed on us? IE: Can I make janitors/bus drivers, or teachers? What kind of races can I, or can I not make? I was, in fact, thinking I'd make an orcish janitor who is a past war veteran with a lot of experience, often giving the youngsters life advice (most of which consists of "brutal, bestial acts of murder and how to perform it" type of advice, because murder solves problems,) and who endorses and supports fights between students instead of stopping them, because "a true warrior must face his inner challenge." In fact, most people wonder how come he still works there. Would that even be possible?
  3. Some detail about the school itself?
  4. Also, is this a modern, or an older, more medieval world?

1. I was going to go for a modern world not unlike our own. The only difference is that the "Gifted" leave among us and are persecuted by the government so secret school for them. Kinda like X-Men but all fantasy creatures are accepted (within reason)
2. Be a janitor! Sounds fun!
3. I'm still working on that but will definitely post that when I can.
4. Modern
Birdsie Birdsie

1. I was going to go for a modern world not unlike our own. The only difference is that the "Gifted" leave among us and are persecuted by the government so secret school for them. Kinda like X-Men but all fantasy creatures are accepted (within reason)
2. Be a janitor! Sounds fun!
3. I'm still working on that but will definitely post that when I can.
4. Modern
Birdsie Birdsie
Already have an appearance.
shadowrun_orc_by_elifsiebenpfeiffer-d5pb8p1.jpg

I'm also probably gonna be making some form of 'Jerk with a Heart of Gold.'
Bonus points if I give him a literal heart of gold that some villain may try to steal.

Already have an appearance.
shadowrun_orc_by_elifsiebenpfeiffer-d5pb8p1.jpg

I'm also probably gonna be making some form of 'Jerk with a Heart of Gold.'
Bonus points if I give him a literal heart of gold that some villain may try to steal.
Hecka yes! Sounds fun! And it can be turned into an event where the students have to defend their school

Hecka yes! Sounds fun! And it can be turned into an event where the students have to defend their school
Damn, now I have to go into some contrived reasons as for why his heart is made out of gold.

Angelic parents?
A curse/blessing?
Some form of shitty metaphor?

Would also love to join if you'll accept me that is. Been interested in something that is more open ended and has free movement of characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back