• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
kenneth-camaro-city-wall-color-sharpen.jpg
The walled city of Desara, the grand capital of human achievement. For over one thousand years the Leo bloodline has ruled over the territory, building Desara's fortifications and strength. Inside the castle grounds of Desara a grand marble church houses a man and woman... The Leo family have always been religious, to the point they follow the churches word as law. Richard Leo was no different. As a young boy Richard was there as his father announced the new married couple, the man and woman chosen by God to become the next prophets.

Fifty two years later the prophets had their first vision...
A evil rises, grows, A demon from the depths of the ground...
the demons life brings terror in its wake...
It changes the land and sea we live upon, as it's foul twisted form reaches the surface of our world... the demons ambition will raise a army, towers will break the soil and emerge housing violence and fear...

only one person can make a difference. This woman is a light for the coming darkness, a holy flame that will ignite the wicked and burn demons to ash... this flame has a treacherous path to walk, but she commands legends... men and women whose skill and power shall shield the flame from the harsh cold winds of evil...

The prophecy was vague and longer... but king Leo drank in each word, asked questions and tried to draw understanding from it all.

Needless to say. Everyone in Desara was skeptical, "god bless Leo," "he wishes he had the same tale as his grandpa," "Like anything could ruin this time of peace! Humans rival elves now!!"

That is until a massive dark tower grew in the distance, seemingly overnight. Monster population also doubled in the area. Goblins, slimes, gnolls... A inconvience grew to a threat as the farms outside the walled city soon fell to monsters. Desara's guards and all the kings army fought the monstrous numbers, despite winning each battle only suffering small casualties and low death counts. The creatures always return in higher number, some of the guards claim the goblins and gnolls are getting smarter...goblins.jpg
gnoll.jpg
(A gnoll, the smartest of these monsters wear and use items from it's victims.)

King Leo demanded this light be found!
Demanded that people who are skilled and powerful step forward!
Only the light and the party of legends could possibly thwart evil as the church has suggested.
Leo was slightly starting to lose hope, all the women and young girls so far who had stood before him and the prophets were apparently, "lacking the light"
-------------------
As stated you can join how you like, I shall control Npcs and enemies.. If story doesn't go fast enough I shall push it along as needed via npc or timeskip.
Please only post if you start in the city or are currently travelling there.
animegirl20 animegirl20
Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread
Pilgrim59 Pilgrim59
koala koala

Last edited:
ccgIoPg.jpg
Odinel RenierLocation: Outskirts of Desara​

The morning air was cool but it was growing hotter by the minute as the sun was beginning to awaken. Light barely streamed through the trees and across the horizon, painting the lower part of the sky a combination of orange and yellow. The birds were singing and he could faintly hear other wildlife yawn to life. Odinel's hood was loosely covering his head, tufts of white hair popping out from under the cool cloth. Tiny beads of sweat were beginning to form along his hairline as a few of them succumbed to gravity and trailed the intricate lines on his neck. He let out a deep breath, and it was followed by a puff of frost that momentarily chilled his face. It was a blissful moment, but it was too short and much too small to make his body feel any better. The only thing he could do was try and distract himself by humming an old tune he'd learned as a child from his people up north.

There was no true destination for his journey, or there wasn't one until eighteen years ago. Before he was a wandering guard, he was an adventurer with an eye for treasure. However, things changed two decades ago when the birthmark on his chest burned hotter and brighter than the sun itself. It was a minor impediment that only occurred once at the same time annually, but it hurt enough that he wanted answers. Unfortunately, his dragon ancestors liked to migrate, hide, and use their magic to remain hidden unless they wanted to reveal themselves, so he spent a good five years looking for them. It was then that he learned about the truth of his birthmark and the so-called "Harding Family." He'd wanted to become employed by them, but his family said he would know when it was time.

Thirteen years later, it was time. The crescent moon on his chest suddenly burned him awake a couple months ago, a loud roar erupting from him and startling the people that were residing in the same inn as him at the time. His scales nearly popped out and he had to use all his strength to keep his nails from growing longer. It was a bit terrifying, and that came from someone who had experience with terrifying things. In the end, he'd gathered his things and followed where the pain left him. Sometimes it hurt a little more when he got closer, but it was really an internal feeling he couldn't describe. Something was drawing him somewhere, so he could only define it as the owed favor his ancestors had proclaimed.

"Run! Everyone run for your lives!"

The sound of screaming and yelling brought Odinel's attention to his right, where at least a half dozen soldiers were appearing from the woods. There looks were fear and panic-stricken and a handful of them even dropped their swords to move faster. The half-blood watched from afar for a second and contemplated on helping them. For one, it was hot and he was growing increasingly tired and somewhat irritated. Secondly, he didn't even know what they were running from. For all he knew, it couldn't just been a hoard of boar. However, his questions were soon answered as he saw multiple pairs of red eyes following after the men. Goblins, at least twenty of them, were chasing after the soldiers with looks of hunger in their eyes.

One of the men noticed Odinel idly standing by, and he could immediately recognize the look on his face. Please don't come over here, Odinel thought, even though he was already reaching for the onyx bow attached to his back.

"Hello," Odinel said casually as man stopped a mere foot away.

"Please. Please." The man sobbed, his face covered in dirt, sweat, tears, and blood. He was shaking as he held on to the sleeve of Odinel's dark attire, leaving a streaking of something that would eventually have to be washed off. "You have to help us. Please. They-they ambushed us. We thought there were only a small handful of them!"

Suddenly, a loud, ugly cry came from the goblins. A soldier cried as he fell to the ground and a goblin mounted him. The filthy creature was about to stab the human in the eyes when a single arrow pierced its chest. Slowly, the goblin backed away as it looked at where it had been struck. It looked angry before it went into attack the human again, who was curled up on the ground in fear, but it ice grew from the arrow's location until the goblin was frozen. Odinel walked over slowly and gave the frozen figure a nice tap, and it shattered into a million beautiful pieces.

Silence then filled the area as all the goblins felt their comrade fall. There was one goblin that appeared somewhat larger than the rest, and Odinel assumed he was the leader. The leader let out a blood curdling command as the remaining nineteen charged at the archer. Lifting his bow, Odinel took in a deep breath and wiped his sweat. He could see heat waves rising from the earth which made his vision somewhat blurry. Nonetheless, his fingers moved from the length of the bow to the string, an arrow made of ice forming along the way.

Then he released it. The arrow, with great speed, traveled lowly and froze all the goblins that stood in its path. It's final destination was the heart of the goblin leader, whose hungry eyes were filled with fear and what seemed like regret. After they all froze and fell, the humans gathered themselves. They looked from the goblins to Odinel, who'd returned his bow to his back at that point. A moment of awe passed before they suddenly erupted in cheer.

"You saved us!"

"Thank you!"

"A worthy warrior!"

The same man who had cried to Odinel approached him. Color had returned to his face and he wore a look of gratitude. "You are a strong warrior. One that is worthy of being a hero. Are you traveling to Desara to be tested?"

Somewhat weakened but curious enough to listen and converse, Odinel responded, "Desara? What test?" Truth be told, he just wanted to sit in some shade at that point. On a normal occasion, he would've been able to shoot multiple arrows but he'd stayed up the night before and used a lot of power already. The lack of energy also explained his inability to keep his body colder than the sun allowed him, thus weakening him further.

"Yes, I thought you might've not known since you don't sound like you're from around here." The man began as he pointed off to the distance where the silhouette of city walls could be seen. "The capital where King Leo resides. There has been a prophecy of a hero and her party that will save us all. You must go!"

"Desara..." Odinel repeated quietly, eyes blurring as he continued looking at the walls. The birthmark on his chest burned hotter the longer he looked and he knew that must've been where he was being called towards. "Desara..." The male said once again before the heat and exhaustion finally overtook him and he fell.

Last edited:
Rosey and her small squirrel companion, Sandy were sleeping deeply until someone bust through her door and woke her up. "Rosey!" Rosey slowly sat up and glared at the man standing in the doorway. "Don't give me that look I told you to get to bed early last night. I got some things I need you to get. Come on it's the end of the week you know this place is going to be crowded. So I need you to buy the things on the list and prepare to entertain tonight." He tossed her the list and a bag of coins and headed back downstairs." Rosey then fell back on her bed then turned her head to look at Sandy who was sound asleep next to her on Rosey's pillow. "Sandy come on get up."

Once Rosey was up and dressed she grabbed her bag and headed downstairs with Sandy sitting on her shoulder. Before leaving she stopped at the bar. "Hey! Mr. Brown...I was wondering could I....." The man looked up at her and raised an eyebrow. "Please don't tell me you spent your pay from last week already..." Rosey gave an innocent smile. "What I just wanted to get a new outfit and it was totally worth it don't you think?" Rosey spun around and posed. Mr. Brown showed no enthusiasm. "Rosey I'm not giving you early pay if you spent all your money that's not my problem." Rosey puffed out her cheeks. "Jeez, your so mean.....Oh! By the way, before I leave can I have breakfast?" He started cleaning the bar. "No" Rosey widen her eyes. "No!? Why not?" Mr. Brown looked at her irritated. "You get no food till you get everything I need off the list now go!" "Fine fine I'm going"

While picking up things she needed in town her stomach refused to stop growling. "I swear I'm going to pass out before we get back." As she was walking she heard a couple of girls talking. Apparently, they just tested a girl yesterday. They thought they had the one but apparently was mistaken. Rosey would hear people all the time talking about this prophecy. "Jeez, Sandy you think they would have tested all the women in town by now as much they go on about it right ?" Rosey looked to her shoulder and noticed Sandy wasn't there. "Sandy? Sandy where'd you go?!" Rosey felt something move in her bag and looked inside to see Sandy holding on to a pearl necklace? Rosey took it out and looked at it. "Wha.....Sandy....where you get this?" Suddenly a woman walked up to Rosey looking very angry. "There's my necklace! You thief! Thought you could get away huh?" Rosey eyes widen. "Oh no! It wasn't me I swear I-" The woman started yelling to the guards for help. "Not again" Rosey then took off when the guards went chasing. Sandy climbed out of the bag snatched the pearls from Rosey's hand and climbed back into her bag. "Seriously!?" Sandy ignored Rosey and held on to her new shiny thing as Rosey ran for dear life trying not to get arrested....again.

The men who had survived the ambush of goblins thanks to Odinel, that mysterious hybrid of a archer... The recuit soldiers,
(I mean why else would they drop their weapons at the sight of a goblin raid party)
Picked their saviour off the dirt road and supported his weight, the cowards who dropped their weapons retrieved them. "Lets never speak of this again..."
"What the handsome archer who just saved our asses?"
"No I mean you me and Tomas dropping our swords and running once the green bastards snuck up on us"
"God, we are cowardly bitches..."

The three nodded in unison as the soldiers regrouped. The largest man carrying Ordinal over his shoulder with a average man carrying the archers equipment.
"Lets take him to a healer, they'd be able to say why he collapsed." The average soldier stated as he admired the strange bow the archer used.
The bigger man began walking the road toward Desara and the rest followed.

After half a hour of walking and fabricating a story, the men figured out what they would say...
"we faced brutal odds but we killed at least thirty of the little shits, when twenty more jumped from the trees this stranger saved us with a two arrows... it was like magic how it pierced each one, a showing of skill like many would wish to have in their possession. He then fainted and our honour as soldiers required us to take him from the battlefield and present him to king Leo"
"Right" the rest sounded off. Wiping the dirt, blood, and failure from their faces.
"And.. and.. The goblins pee while fighting"
"That was just you tomas" Two of the soldiers chuckled as Tomas sulked in urine and defeat.
The larger man and the average man left Ordinel at the closest healer they could think of. A middle aged woman with a knack for magic.
All she was able to do strip Ordinel and lay a wet cloth over his forehead.. she assumed it was heat stroke. The average soldier attempted to strike a conversation up with the healer as he laid The hybrid man's equipment on a bed next to him.
It went nowhere and the man took to sitting inside waiting for Ordinel to awake, or smoking his pipe out the front of the healers house.
koala koala

Desara's finest, despite being some of the most capable men and women... as well as some dullards who can swing a sword properly. Can only do the best with what they are given. When a women,
(dumb or oblivious enough not to notice a rodent steal a necklace she's wearing)
gives a description of the thief "a rodent and a attractive young girl!"
The guard sighed reluctantly "a rodent stole your necklace?"
The woman fumed. A overachieving guard had apparently seen the confrontation between the dumb woman and the thief, promptly chasing after them in a mix of less then average parkour, pushing through crowds and yelling "stop! by the order of Desara!"
Rosey remained a good ten feet ahead of the pursuer for most of the chase until the guard after her performed a sly move, he whistled loudly as he spotted two other patrolling guards. The two men quickly scanning the area notice Edison running, a young woman also running...
The more competent of the two guards ran at rosey, the other spat to the side before effortlessly throwing his metal bolas at the fleeing brown haired girls legs.

bolas.jpg(for reference, but a bit bigger, metal and chain)
Rosey's ankles tied together as the bolas wrapped quickly forcing our hero to trip! (hopefully catching herself and not faceplanting)
The competent guard sighed as he switched from chase to apprehend
"Dammit tobi you look for any excuse to throw those!" The guard muttered loudly as the people made room for the guards.
"I catch criminals, don't matter how I do it" Tobi slurred back.
Edison caught up and in a mixture of relief and anger started giving the rundown. "....so I gave chase, but dam Tobi" Edison snarled
"I know you get results but you're a loose cannon dammit!"
Tobi lifted his visor to spit once more giving a dead blank stare as he let his mask clank back onto his helmet. Edison backed off seeing as he got no response.

The competent guard pulled Rosey to her feet after snatching the bolas off her ankles.
"So, this is the infamous Sandy and rosey thief duo... I've heard of you actually."
animegirl20 animegirl20

Last edited:
Aria Ferrin

"Of course I'm not the light that the world need, you silly." Aria laughed hard at Ezekiel's proposal. The old priest wanted the vampire to try taking the holy test. They were THAT desperate, but who know? Maybe she's the chosen one all along? Nah, impossible. Aria ditched the thought immediately.

"Things are getting darker now. It might still seems quite peaceful here in the middle of the city, but its getting more and more dangerous on the border. The HQ even sending lots of inexperienced new recruits just so we can protect more ground." Ezekiel sighed, he sipped the last remaining of the tea that Aria served to him. He didn't said it but she actually forgot to put sugar inside the tea so it's a very bitter drink that he gulped down. "Thank you for talking to me, I feel a bit better. I will head back to my office now, please excuse me."

"You're welcome Ezzy. Don't hesitate to visit again." As her old friend vanished from her sight, Aria thought it would be nice if she could somehow find the woman in the propechy. She doubt she will though.

Anyway, it's almost 9 a.m, she was supposed to delivers a specially breeded rooster to a customer now. She went into her backyard and grabbed the said rooster. The special thing about this particular chicken was the size, it's small, it's cute and it's colorful. The kind of rooster that was suitable as a pet. She put the chicken inside a specialized chicken basket.

It's funny how things turned out for her. She was breeding some chickens so she could have constant food to quench her bloodthirst every once in a while, but it turned out to be a fun work and in the end, she turned her backyard into a small poultry.

The morning breeze welcomed her with a gentle sweep on the face as she stepped outside of her house. The sunlight was not so gentle as it shone its early light straight into her face. Aria covered her face with a handkerchief and walked slowly toward her designed randezvouz point with her customer, a bar owned by Mr. Brown.

Along the way though, unexpected thing happened. Aria heard loud noises as she saw three guards chasing a girl. It's rare to see this kind of action early, she was glad that the guard was enthusiast on their job, but wait! One of them throw bolas at the girl feet and grounded her. The other guard took the bolas off but its too late because something inside Aria had been triggered.

Aria lowered her body before she leaped into the air, then landed right between the guards and the girl. Her right hand reached deep inside her pocket and pulled a small thick book. Written in the cover: How to be a Good Citizen for Dummy, by Ezekiel Dominicia.

"Stop it!!" She stood boldly in front of the guards. The chicken inside the basket squealed wildly as it certainly was not expecting that two stories leap.

"That's not how you catch criminal!" She opened the book to page 53. "According to the guideline, a city guard must not use any means that might cause permanent damage to citizen, unless absolutely necessary. Criminal is also citizen so they're not excluded! According to the guideline, I will have the right to tell you guys to the chief guard so you can get proper punishment! I will also save this girl from your inproper handling and deliver her myself to the nearest station."

How to be a Good Citizen for Dummy is not a published book. It's just a single book that Ezekiel wrote so Aria know what to do and what not to do in a society. Part of her rehabilitation you can say.
NeonFlow NeonFlow animegirl20 animegirl20

Last edited:
ccgIoPg.jpg
Odinel RenierLocation: Healer's hut
Mentions: Rosey, Aria​

Grumble. Grumble. Grumble.

Odinel's eyes fluttered open slowly, revealing eyes that were as gray as stormy skies. He let out an odd sound as he slowly sat up, a noise that was in between man and dragon. Scratching at his arms and neck, he could feel the smooth patches of scales that had popped up uninvited. They were annoying to deal with but he'd gotten used to it ever since he left his home so many decades ago. It wasn't as though they wouldn't go away either. Rest and some food usually gave the male enough strength to keep his body cool enough until the worst parts of the day passed. Speaking of food...

A strong, familiar smell floated towards the man's nose. His head turned almost instinctively as he got up to follow the scent, body in somewhat of a daze. When he'd reached the corner of the strange building, he saw short, petite woman cooking something over the fireplace. She'd turned her head slightly to acknowledge Odinel's presence, offering a small smile before returning to her activity. A few moments of silence passed before she even said anything. "Ice dragon, aye?" The woman began to say as she filled a large bowl with meat. "Rare things. I had to dig out some books my ancestors wrote to figure out how to help you." She sighed as she sat the bowl down at a small, wooden table. "Summer must be a pain for you, aye? I can't imagine what that must be like."

Gray eyes traced over the woman's body and the bowl of food. There was clear distrust and hesitance on his face as he instinctively reached for the small dagger at his side, which wasn't there. The woman merely laughed as she nodded her head towards the bed he'd slept on. "I'm a healer. Your soldier friends brought you here. Talkative bunch. I would have been fine with holding conversation if they didn't smell like a horse's behind. One of them is waiting for you outside. Something about the prophecy if that means anything. Now are you going to eat or what?"

- some time later -

The wooden door to the small hut creaked open. Odinel was forced to bend down slightly to exit and it made him wonder how they burly bunch of humans made it through. Speaking of which, the soldier that had previously asked for Odinel's help was leaning against the hut's wall. When they met each other's eyes, Odinel tried to look away but the human's enthusiasm was difficult to ignore. "Hero, you're awake!" The raven-haired man scurried over as he swiftly put out his pipe. "Are you feeling better now? I was surprised when I heard you weren't all human. Imagine that, huh!"

"My name is Odinel," the hybrid sighed as he began walking away and towards the signs of life. They were clearly in a more secluded part of the city where some plant life were left standing. Unfortunately, the soldier began tagging behind like a lost pup.

"Odinel's a good name." There was only silence after the man spoke, but he didn't seem fazed at all. "So where you headed? Are you taking up my offer on getting tested? My supervisor said I should guide you there."

"I'll be fine on my own."

"Oh, well... you're headed the wrong way. It's back over here." The soldier replied as he pointed to the opposite direction. Odinel stopped in his tracks before turning slowly. He didn't show it, but there was a slight feeling of embarrassment. The male pretended he hadn't made a mistake, however, and simply went the way he was directed towards. It wasn't as if he was completely lost. He just figured the place of life was usually the place to go but perhaps Desara was different.

It wasn't long before the pair finally emerged from the shadows of the somewhat tall buildings. Humans of all statures were wandering about, laughing, smiling, and even yelling. They were all in the motions of their daily routines as Odinel walked by. Some people stopped and stared, mostly children, at him. With his scales gone, it was probably because of what he was wearing. From an outsider's perspective, Odinel looked like an adventuring noble. He wore gold and jewelry that no man could possibly make. Even his clothes were of high quality and his weapon something every archer dreamed of holding. It didn't bother him, of course. Staring was something he was used to.

On the way towards the castle, Odinel could feel his birthmark act up again. It was much, much stronger this time, forcing him to place a hand on his chest to try and freeze the pain. While trying to subdue the pain, he failed to notice the black-haired woman, a brunette, and a small rodent in the midst of getting taken away by the city guard. However, the further away he got from that small crowd, the calmer his birthmark got.

Suddenly, a group of small children approached him with wide, sparkling eyes. One of them, whom Odinel deemed the leader, walked forwards with a wide, toothless grin. "Are you the treasure hunter Odinel?" The young boy asked, all of his friends waiting in excited anticipation.

Odinel paused to think how to respond, but he ended up merely nodding and walking away. The kids were all jumping in giddiness as that went there separate ways, announcing to their families that they'd just met the great treasure hunter. Truthfully, the male didn't know how to respond because he was surprised such youngsters knew who he was. It'd been quite some time since he'd went on a treasure hunt so he was sure the stories of his travels, and those that knew him, had long met their grave.

"Ah, so you're a celebrity are you?" The soldier asked as they neared the castle walls

"No, I wouldn't say that." Odinel replied simply before they both stepped through the large, fortified doors of the castle.

Last edited:
As Aria dropped infront of the girl and the guard Edison and tobi's head snapped towards that direction. The woman with a book (A book with misinformation) began spouting off about the correct ways to catch a criminal.
The competent guard almost bit his tongue. Of course Tobi's actions cause a scene...
"Listen you can't just drop down from on high and announce you will take custody of someone. I don't know who wrote down guard guidelines but they change often, as well as... you know, guidelines aren't rules. Just guides to keep us in line, the process of..." The competent guard was interuppted as another pair of Bolas wrapped around the vampire. Tobi walked up quickly handcuffing the triggered citizen's hands before removing the bolas.

"What are you doing!!" The guard almost forgot about Rosey, (he didn't release his iron grip of her wrist though)
Tobi didn't even remove his helmet to spit, "this here is the Crimson Queen. A Criminal from back in the day... I catch criminals."
Tobi picked the vampire up to her feet "she may not have acted like a criminal in over six hundred years but legends tell of a short girl who has the strength of ten men.... lucky for Desara..." tobi lifted the visor of his helmet to spit as well as finish his out loud thinking.
"I have the determination of eleven men."
The clank of his mask that followed after punctuated his words. These criminals would see the holding cell, Tobi is just a determined guy...
The three guards escorted the ladies to the captain of the guard.

The first reason. He is qualified to speak with the heads of the church, arresting the Crimson Queen on charges no one can remember or even testify to would probably require someone from the church.

The second reason...
Animal law. If a person is using magic to direct or control a animal. Specifically to steal or harm. The mage is charged with allegations per the norm.
But Rosey's rodent has stolen before, through rigorous testing the captain deduced Rosey had no magic to influence animals of any sort. The third time Sandy stole something rosey was warned "we can't arrest a chipmunk but we will certainly fine you over it... If this keeps happening I will personally snap that critters neck."

As the competent guard escorted Aria and Rosey into a holding cell they could thank the heavens they shared a somewhat clean and empty cell.
Tobi was left to watch over the prisoners, the two holding cells packed with degenerates, murderers, thieves and worse.... shut the hell up and sat down crosslegged or stood still if there was no room. Tobi's presence was enough to prove he was the most dominant force in Desara's guard.

The church was notified somewhat quickly as (despite tobi's confidence) no one trusted their cells could hold the legendary 'queen'
Pastor Ezekiel would most likely be on his way to clear up any miscommunication. He would probably arrive before or after the captain of the guards.
Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread animegirl20 animegirl20
_________
You both share a cell, a hybrid dragon man is slowly making his way towards rosey and another girl character has entered the harem rp.
(I may allow a Male protag to join just so we don't have seven people chanting "rosey!" At any given time lol)

Last edited:
"No we're not sending a magic knight, the Kingdom is looking for a rarity like you Sicarius." the Anti Magic knight mocked his father. He was irritated at for every goblin and Knoll he killed two more took their place. Not to mention the Knolls wielding weaponry of their past victims which seemed to include highwaymen, Desara soldiers, nobles, barbarians, and adventures. The knight's sword was drenched in blood as if he had dipped the blade in a river of the red liquid. "Damn it! Stop showing up!" Sicarius roared before extended his sword arm and placing one foot back, then in one grand pivot he swiped his blood through the air. Suddenly nearby goblin in the general direction of his sword swing were all split in two. With his other arm, the threw his shield to cave in the skull of a Knoll. The knight danced over the Knoll slashing a few goblins that tried to attack. The knight sheathed his sword and instead picked up a spear the Knoll, now on its knees dead, had been using. The knight made sure with a rapid succession of thrusts the spear found its home in the marks in the bodies of more goblins. He finished by throwing the spear into the right eye socket of the last Knoll pinning it to a tree. Sicarius let out a sigh to ramp down from the fight, he pulled his shield from the skull of the Knoll he threw it at.

Sicarius had been fighting so long he didn't notice just how close he was to the city, it was only then did he understand how dire the situation was for him to encounter such numbers in such close proximity to the city. It was 45 minutes of walking before he was marching through the city gate, along his journey was sure to take actions to ride his armor and equipment of excess blood. However, there was still some Knoll blood on his shield where the kite shield had been embedded in the creature's skull. The citizens of the city parted for the knight in armor except for some huddled of a crowd up ahead. Sicarius wondered if the commotion was the city testing people in the middle of town. Perhaps, it was street performers trying to entertain the citizens and put their minds at ease. Whatever it was, it was in Sicarius' way no doubt.

NeonFlow NeonFlow Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread animegirl20 animegirl20

Evelyn Avonn

A cold, dark, and crowded cell was not a place Evelyn was known to frequent. However, she had her reasons for being here. Legally speaking, she was in the cell because she had stolen a bit of food from a shopkeeper. (She could totally get out of a charge for a crime like that.) She was actually here because she needed a place to hide out, since "Lord and Lady Avonn" were in Desara. They were only Lord and Lady because after Evelyn's apparent "kidnapping" her Aunt was the last remaining Avonn. Naturally, her Aunt came to be tested.
Evelyn was leaning against the wall closest to the cell door, having planned on eventually escaping, when two new criminals were brought into holding. They were put into an empty cell across from her. Evelyn wouldn't have cared, except that one of the criminals had a chipmunk. Or it might have been a squirrel. She was leaning towards chipmunk, but it was almost impossible to know with certainty.
Internally, Evelyn was kind of freaking out. She wanted to steal that chipmunk and snuggle it forever and ever. Externally, Evelyn's face was completely blank.
"A chipmunk." She stated, staring directly at the small creature. Because of her blank expression, it was almost impossible to tell why she was interested in the rodent. Did she want to eat it? Was she allergic to small, furry tree dwellers? Who knew.
The other criminals in the crowded cell she was in paid her no mind, having their own problems to deal with.

Tags: Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread animegirl20 animegirl20 NeonFlow NeonFlow
green-brown-girl-anime-picture-with-original-long-hair-single-tall-image-short-hair-looking-at-viewer-brown-hair-green-eyes-fringe-midriff-lips-braid-braids-brown-hair-green-eyes-girl-actress.jpg
Code by ~ ~ B e a u t y _ B e l l e

Lady Avonn was tested and quickly asked to leave, she was not the light the church searched for. She was just 'another woman in the way' the majority of Desara's females had been tested but none show signs of being able to summon a Holy weapon.
Evelyn was in a cell for stealing a Apple. A Apple costs two gold coins, her freedom cost ten, coincidentally she could have rented a room for five gold coins... either way, Lord and lady Avonn have no clue as to where the thief is.
Lunaria Silver Lunaria Silver

Tobi glared at all in the cells from behind his helmet. It was obvious to him nothing interesting would happen until the captain of the guards or pastor Ezekiel arrived.
( Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread did you want to voice papa E or shall I aha)

As Sicarius walked through Desara he would find a crowd of people infront of one of the many churches dotted throughout the massive walled city.
A single file line of women led into the church, the door opposite was where each failed testee would exit. Sicarius could hear his father's words in his mind...

"Old king Leo has called for legends, travel to Desara's castle, tell the guards of your skill, show the king your power! I'm certain you have the stuff of legends boy! After all... you came from my seed"
Neuro Vampire Neuro Vampire
---------
(Expect bigger posts when more information is needed to be shown aha)

Last edited:
Just when Rosey thought she was going to make it she suddenly felt something wrap around her ankles and started to fall luckily she caught herself and didn't face plant but boy was that a close one. Sandy peaked her head out then hid back in the bag knowing very well this was basically all her fault. As the guards began to argue she quickly try to somewhat crawl away but was soon pulled up and whatever was wrapped around her ankles was taken off.

"So, this is the infamous Sandy and rosey thief duo... I've heard of you actually."

"Hey I'm not a thief! And we're not some thief duo....Sandy just like shiny things." This might of sounded like an excuse but they truly had no idea just how true this was. Suddenly some girl landed right in between the guards and Rosey, pulled out a book and started talking about guidelines on catching criminals. As they were going on about that Rosey was trying to decide if should try to get out of the situation was in but seeing as they actually caught her. She thought best not to start a fight with the guard though she very well could but she rather not get more in trouble with the law then she already was. Finally, they took her to a holding cell along with the Crimson Queen? She was pretty sure that was what they called her though she was now trying to figure out just how the heck did this girl get arrested as well. She wasn't paying much attention earlier.

Rosey sat down with her legs crossed. "Great! Just great! Seriously Sandy what's your problem?! How many times do I have to tell you no stealing?!" Sandy came out of the bag and went in front of her and started fussing at Rosey. "Really your yelling at me?! Your the one with the problem." And yes she was sitting here talking to the squirrel and somehow understanding it. The squirrel started talking again and Rosey threw her hands in the air. "Are you serious I was not bringing those jewels mother and father said I could only bring supplies and the clothes on my back. I can't help they wouldn't let me take your little collection." Yes the squirrel had a collection of jewels....she little spoiled. Rosey was going to say something else but suddenly she heard some speak from the other cell.

"A chipmunk."

"....Squirrel actually....?" The girl seemed to be just staring at Sandy. Rosey turned to look at her cell mate. "So any reason why they call you Crimson Queen?"
NeonFlow NeonFlow
Lunaria Silver Lunaria Silver

Aria Ferrin
This was like, the tenth time she got jailed for trying to help other people. The last time was when she try to save someone's laundries from getting soaked in rain, the guards caught her because they thought she was the rumored underwear thief. Why nobody understand her intent?

The guard threw her into the cold hard cell. She let them do their job. Of course she could just punch through the wall or bent the iron bar barehanded if she so desire, but that's not how a good civilans behave! It's clearly stated in the book that she must not exploit her power to gain advantage against the law, if there's misunderstanding then she must resolve it in the proper way! The proper way including begging to the guard to call Ezekiel. They said he would be on his way soon.

As she weeped in the cell trying to contemplate where things go wrong. Her cellmate, the girl with the chipmunk thief approached her and asked casually about the reason she's called the Crimson Queen. The simple question triggered an exaggerated reaction on Aria, whose face turned impossibly red. As if she would explode from embarassment soon. She didn't answer the question and instead just huddled on the corner of the cell while covering her face with both her hands.

"I-it's nothing!"

Flashback of her past actions flash on her mind. Things that she couldn't recall without making her cringe and want to smash her head into nearby wall. She was hoping that Ezekiel would came soon so she would be saved from this chaotic feeling. Her prayer came true as the old priest walked toward the cell with another guard that unlocked the cell for him.

Aria, streaming tears of joy as her savior came to bail her out, jumped from the corner of the cell toward the priest. She was met with a thick leather book that smacked her head and sent her faceplanting into the floor. Ezekiel was mad that Aria made another unnecessary ruckuss for him to solve, she might need another three hours lecture this weekend. He opened his mouth to spew Aria with some scolding but his eyes met Rosey's eyes. That brief moment was enough to tell him she was the one.

The aura permeating through the girl's body was never seen by him before. It's as if the god put a glowing 'HERE' sign on top of her. Voice trembling with excitement, he grabbed both Aria's and Rosey's hands.

"Both of you, follow me to the prophets."

NeonFlow NeonFlow animegirl20 animegirl20

As the captain of the guard escorting the pastor let the vampire and the "chosen one" out of the prison he gave a worried look between the packed cell block and the many empty cells. "Tobi why did you put everyone in one cell? It's cramped and inhuman."
Tobi lifted his mask to spit before giving his reason. "Suppose I should treat criminals to a luxurious room with a small feast each."
The captain sighed. "At least separate the men and women. How many people truly need to be in here."
Tobi was silent for thirty seconds but sighed defeated. "The two drunks and the young girl can afford the fine, they never brought up paying it though..."

The captain sighed and separated the criminals into more humane conditions.
Tobi pointed out the two drunk men and Evelyn to stand out of the cells "for property damage and public indecency it's three hundred gold, each. For theft of small means it's ten gold"
Tobi left their goods on the table, free to pick their equipment (and coin) back up and pay their fine. One of the drunks was short fifty gold and was put back into a cell. Lunaria Silver Lunaria Silver

When Rosey and Aria finally found themselves before the Prophets their aged eyes opened wide in shock. "The light from my vision!"
The woman gasped. The man was silent, no words came to his lips as his mouth was open in shock.
"we must alert the king, but more importantly child, please. Tell us your name, Are you aware of the power residing in your immortal soul?"
The aged woman approached slowly, her face one of kindness and hope.
The man had left to fiddle with something in a chest to the side...
animegirl20 animegirl20

As they were escorted to the church on castle grounds, the king would soon be notified. But Odinel would probably feel the burning sensation with each step miss Harding took. koala koala
The king was halfway through hearing about the legendary archer with dragon anatomy when his introductions were cut short by a urgent message.
"My king, Pastor Ezikial has found the light. The prophets speak to her at this moment."

The king moved like someone had set a fire in his heart, his greying hair seemed alight again and his eyes shined with the sort of devout belief only one with the fear of god would have. "we must go at once! Please join me Ordinel, the prophets can tell who the light is they can tell us if you are one of the destined to journey with this saviour."

King Leo left in a hurry and it was up to the guard to escort Ordinel to the church, if he chose to come that is.

Last edited:
ccgIoPg.jpg
Odinel RenierLocation: Castle > Church
Tags: NeonFlow NeonFlow animegirl20 animegirl20 Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread

Odinel had to wait a decent amount of time before his meeting with the king, which was not a surprise at all. It was obvious that the leader of a country would be busy and a sudden meeting would have likely put a dent in his schedule. There was also the chaos with searching for the "Prophesied One" or whatever they were calling her. Truth be told, he almost felt bad for the female. He didn't know who she was and she was sure she didn't know who she was either. He simply felt that being in her situation when she did find out would be too much to bare, especially if she was a human. Humans were fragile creatures so it didn't take much to break them. God only knows why a human would be deemed the hero.

"King Leo is ready for you," a messenger said, his small frame stepped out from behind large doors. Odinel nodded and followed both the guard from earlier and the messenger to the throne room. Sitting on the throne was someone with the air of a royal, but King Leo was not someone Odinel felt intimidated by. The draconic man had met plenty of people in powerful positions throughout his lifetime. While he used to be in awe of them during the early beginnings of his trek, the amazement swiftly died down. There was nothing commendable about them at all unless they were truly for the people--a rarity with all its worth.

After introductions were made, the king listened patiently to the guard who'd witnessed Odinel's power. Odinel didn't say much, merely nodding and adding input where deemed necessary. He'd honestly wasn't at full power when he helped the soldiers that morning and he wondered why the man made such a big deal about it. It wasn't as if there weren't other people like him out there. There were plenty of humans and non-humans alike that possessed power.

Odinel could faintly hear rushing footwork making its way to the throne room, an advantaged offered by his dragon heritage. While he was mostly human, some of his traits were heightened slightly. Things like his sight and sense of smell were better, but they weren't as great as an owl or a dog. They were only somewhat better than a human's perception.

"We must go at once! Please join me Odinel, the prophets can tell who the light is they can tell us if you are one of the destined to journey with this saviour."

Looking at the guard, who merely gave the archer a shrug, Odinel let out a sigh before his mark acted up again. He winced and let out a loud hiss as he felt the mark burn his skin like salt and ice against a burning. A hand clutched his chest, nails digging into his skin hard enough to draw blood. It was unbearably painful, painful enough that he would've fallen to the floor if not for the guard's assistance.

With a worried expression, the guard asked if the pain-stricken male was okay, but Odinel waved him off. The dragon pushed the human off him and adjusted his attire once the pain subsided. Letting out a deep breath, he asked the guard to lead him the way to the Church. It would've have hurt to see who the "Light" was. Perhaps she was related to the Hardings or she a Harding female could have humorously been the Light itself.

How funny, Odinel thought to himself as the two entered the Church. Upon arrival, his mark burned like nothing ever before. For the first time ever, he could feel tears threaten to form at the corner of his eye. The male was forced to take a knee as it felt like he was being torn apart from the inside. A deep, dragon-like growl escaped his mouth as puffs of frost were escaping his lips. He looked up and searched the small crowd of people frantically. Who was it? Who could it be? His fate was calling him. A Harding was in the room.

"Is there a Harding... in this room?" Odinel asked, his voice pained and somewhat out of breath. By that point, his dark pupils had elongated vertically and his eyes turned into a stormy gray. In addition, silver scales were slowly appearing on the surface of his skin, covering the lower parts of his neck and parts of his hands.

Aria Ferrin

You know what Aria didn't like when she visit the church? The constant holy aura radiated by the magical artifact placed on the altar. It made her wants to bathe in cold water. Fortunately for her the clothes she's wearing was able to dampen the effect to some degree, also she wore a pair of black glasses and mask to cover her mouth. Now she's ready!

She didn't even know why Ezzy also brought her here. She looked at the girl beside her as they stood in front of the prophet. What could she do...? The only thing she could do was smashing things. Wait, was that it?

Slowly but surely, Aria reinforced her resolve. She turned her head towards the girl and grasped her shoulder in a firm and encouraging hold.

"Don't worry. If you're really the chosen one, then I will help you to save the world!" She said to the girl while giving a thumb up. Might be not as encouraging as she thought due to her current appearance but she really meant it.

animegirl20 animegirl20 NeonFlow NeonFlow

Amy.(Suisei.no.Gargantia).600.1916529.jpgRosey watched as the girl's face went completely red. "Hey are yo-"

"I-it's nothing!"

Rosey raised an eyebrow. Why was she so embarrassed?....."Hey Look I didn't mean to-" Suddenly the girl jumped over to the priest? Guess he was bailing her out.....Rosey eyes widen. "Oh no that means...Mr. Brown is going to have to bail me out." Rosey fell on to her hands and knees and stared at the floor. I'm so dead he'll kill me for sure......."Suddenly she grabbed Sandy and started shaking her. "This all your fault you know that!" Looking like she squeezing the life out of the squirrel. It was more comedic then anything else. As her and Sandy were yelling at each other she suddenly the Priest grabbed on to her arm and her and Sandy both looked up at him.

"Both of you, follow me to the prophets."

"The prophets?" Rosey let go of Sandy, who ran into the bag and followed him and the girl to go see the prophets. Once they reached the prophets Rosey was a little stunned on what was said next.

the light from my vision!"

"we must alert the king, but more importantly child, please. Tell us your name, Are you aware of the power residing in your immortal soul?"

"Rosey Harding....wait Immortal Soul? Are you saying you think I'm...."

"Don't worry. If you're really the chosen one, then I will help you to save the world!"

"Save the world?....." Rosey was the type of girl that would brag about being able to do anything even if she couldn't. But thinking she can be the one that could save the world....that was actually bit much for her to imagine.....Wait.....Rosey stared at the girl...."Uh why is your face covered like that?" Man this girl was weird. Before she could =get an answer she heard a pained voice speak up.

"Is there a Harding... in this room?"

Rosey turned to see a young man with scales? He also looked to be in pain. "...I'm Harding Well Rosey Harding anyway." She walked up closer to him. "Are you alright?"
NeonFlow NeonFlow

koala koala

ccgIoPg.jpg
Odinel RenierLocation: Church
Tags: NeonFlow NeonFlow animegirl20 animegirl20 Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread

One of the females approached him--the one whose body was not covered from head to toe. The name "Rosey Harding" left her lips as she gazed down at Odinel. He looked at her, storm gray eyes and elongated pupils still broadcasting the pain he was feeling. Slowly, his hand reached over to her. His nails had grown slightly since he'd first entered the church. They were pointed at the ends as if they were claws, but he was sure not to touch the girl with them. Of course, Odinel had grabbed her arm without asking which he would have considered rude if someone had done that to him. The situation was different though. Something was calling him and he'd only came to after his hand actually touched her bare arm.

The effect was almost immediate. It was like a wave of tranquility spread throughout his body. His scales and nails retracted and his eyes returned to their normal calm. He could feel the burning sensation retreat to the mark on his chest until there was no more. Finally, the dragon could breathe again.

Realizing he was still holding onto the small girl, Odinel quickly let go of her arm. He muttered a quiet "My apologies" as he brought himself to his feet, looking quizzically at the girl. She was rather short so he had to strain his neck downwards, but that didn't bother him. The male was relieved to have finally found the cause of his pain. He could finally fulfill whatever idiot promise his ancestors had made to the Hardings.

"I don't know if you are aware," Odinel began as he fixed his disheveled appearance, "but I am Odinel Renier, grandson of the Grand Wyrm, Asa Hon. My family promised to assist yours in a time of great need." The white-haired man looked at the crowd, noting the prophets and their expressions. "I suppose this is your time of great need."

Evelyn Avonn

'It was a squirrel after all.' Evelyn thought upon the girl's answer. She continued watching the girl's antics with growing amusement as she shook the squirrel, making her grow concerned for the small creature's safety. Before she could say anything, however, the priest started going on about her being the light. This really caught Evelyn's interest.
This girl looked as though she had no real strength. Certainly she seemed pure enough to be the light but...
'Ugh.' For some reason, Evelyn found herself concerned about the girl's safety. It was absolutely ridiculous. And if this girl was indeed the light, she would be sent out into the world on some dangerous quest.
These ridiculous concerns kept bouncing around in Evelyn's head as she paid her fine.
As she exited the jailhouse, she paused. This was silly. She didn't even know the girl. She had to stop being so impulsive.
'I might as well get a chance to pet that squirrel' Evelyn rationalized before rushing off to the church. She was briefly concerned about running into her aunt, but continued forward regardless. Evelyn doubted she was still there anyway.
Evelyn opened the doors to the church just in time to hear a man introduce himself as the grandson of...something that Evelyn didn't really care about. He seemed to be pledging himself to the squirrel girl.
Upon entering, Evelyn slipped off to the side so as to not disturb them. Her face remained impassive. One part of her thought she should make her intentions to accompany the girl, (if she was indeed the light) clear, but the more in control part of her said 'shhhh. Stand there like a creeper and say nothing.'

Tags: NeonFlow NeonFlow animegirl20 animegirl20 Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread koala koala
green-brown-girl-anime-picture-with-original-long-hair-single-tall-image-short-hair-looking-at-viewer-brown-hair-green-eyes-fringe-midriff-lips-braid-braids-brown-hair-green-eyes-girl-actress.jpg
Code by ~ ~ B e a u t y _ B e l l e

Users who are viewing this thread

Back