• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Fantasy, Dystopian, or Supernatural, oh my! (M// Novella/Adv. Lit.)

Ephi

Write Your Heart Out
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello there!

If the title managed to catch your eye, I hope the rest of the post does as well! Just to avoid wasting anyone’s time, I’m going to list right off the bat things I’m not interested in. I realize that sounds a tad harsh to start off with, but there’s nothing worse than reading a lengthy post only to discover something that completely throws a wrench in things right at the end.

💢 Zero Interest:
  • Mafia/mob/”crime”-family based RP. I don’t mind having these themes as background factors to an RP, but I don’t want it as the focus.
  • Marvel/DC universe (the only sole exception being something akin to X-Men)
  • Heavy futuristic/sci-fi (ala Star Trek, or heavy robot-usage, gundams, etc.)
  • Hardcore “realism” – I write to escape the real world, not continue to dive deeper into it. I want magic! I want supernatural themes! Not everything should be work, come home, clean up, talk to your partner/do a few things, then go to sleep and repeat.
Haven’t scared you off yet, eh? Alright then! Let’s move on to some information about me, writing preferences, the whole Big Deal. If you’ve glanced over it and feel like we might be a good match, check out the other tabs to look at a few ideas I have and some fandoms I’m open to exploring. Please PM me, don't post on this thread here! Alternatively, check out the TL ; DR at the bottom if you want to skip reading the finer details.

⭐ About Me:
  • I’m 27 and employed full-time. Luckily, I have few duties outside of work for the most part, so I’m usually either gaming, writing, or salivating over the new Witcher series.
  • I’m primarily available early afternoon (3PM CST), as well as very late at night (11PM CST). My schedule is wonky and difficult to explain, so if this is an issue please PM me and I can elaborate.
  • I am usually good for a post every day, sometimes every other day. Frequency of posts isn’t such a huge issue for me in a partner so long as we get a couple solid replies every week, so for those who aren’t available every single day like I may be, don’t worry! I don’t bite, and I’m very understanding if you need time.
  • In terms of platform for roleplaying/discussing plot, I would prefer either private messaging on here (PMs) or discord. I may be swayed for gdocs.
  • Just as forewarning, I’m a friendly person and will probably chat you up to try to break that ice-cold internet barrier and become friends. Also, it’s just kind of nice to be able to talk with your partner—not just about the roleplay but other interests too.
⭐ Writing Requirements:
  • I write in 3rd person, past tense.
  • Side characters are just as important as main characters, whether they’re just background “NPCs” or side characters that are involved with our main characters in some way, shape or form. I have literally had roleplays happen where the side characters are simply so good that they actually transition to being main characters, or evolve into having greater storylines of their own. Let’s keep our world colorful and growing, shall we?
  • I’ll be blunt, if you write anything less than a page (or about 500-600ish words) I will lose interest fast. Not that I don’t understand the appeal to shorter posts, but they should be an anomaly in the place of normal writing flow between us. On average I easily tackle 1,000+ words per post and consider them for the most part devoid of excessive fluff. My point is that our posts should paint an image in either of our minds, they should pull us in like we’re reading a book from alternating perspectives. Leading on from that, grammar is obviously important, but mistakes will happen, and that’s ok! I’m sure that I have a few typos in this post, even.
  • Whether we do character sheets or not is up to you; just for note however, I am not the biggest fan of real life face claims (though it isn’t something that’ll break a roleplay for me, just know if you request one I will most likely use a drawn/artsy reference, possibly anime if that’s your forte). Additionally, if we do character sheets, expect them to merely glaze over on the details. I view them as a chance to catch a glimpse of what a character is like versus an in-depth biography about a character.
  • I’m not fancy with the coding or anything on this site, so if we roleplay in PMs/a forum thread on here—either that or discord/gdocs, which I’m open to—expect plain text for the most part with little razzle dazzle.
⭐ Themes & Character Types:
  • Give me fantasy, adventure, supernatural… and all the drama and angst you can throw my way. Settings are flexible: modern, historic—there are few things I dislike. I'm also tentatively open to Omegaverse, pending it's done right.
  • My title seems light-hearted, and while I DO enjoy the lighter aspect of things, I also enjoy extremely dark themes as well: grungy, heart-wrenching survival themes; abuse or trigger topics (physical and emotional, amongst other things); darker themes such as death and suffering. I have no issue writing the bad guy as much as I do the knight in shining armor, and everything in-between. My ideal roleplay has a strong dose of both, and because of this I request that my partner(s) are hopefully 18+, or have a very, very mature outlook on things.
  • This might sound cliché, but romance is a must. I do believe romance should happen naturally between characters, yes, but it’s something I enjoy pursuing even if it doesn’t “work out” between characters. I want someone who is as passionate about building relationships (of all types) in-character as they are about building a realistic world we can explore together. Whether the relationship stems from something pre-established in the past that was broken off, new romance, star-crossed lovers, slow-burn (extremely slow burn—let’s build up the angst!), or even love at first sight (with a few boundaries in place), I’m probably down for it. Hell, if the relationship is literally doomed from the get-go, that’s alright too.
  • My main character’s personality varies. I’m generally flexible in terms as to what he’s like, but as a general rule of thumb, I tend to prefer writing dominant, charismatic characters that are constantly toeing the line in terms of boundaries. Forward, perhaps a bit asshole-ish, but deep down he gives a shit about who and what matters most to him. And lo and behold, he is capable of being a gentleman with a bleeding heart when it’s necessary. If the setting is a bit more dire, such as in an apocalyptic setting, that might be reigned in more (and I’m perfectly capable of writing more stoic characters as well).
  • What you write is wholly up to you! I’m not controlling in that manner at all. Whether your character is strong or weak, I won’t shun it. That’s right—have a female/male character that’s overly headstrong, perhaps to a fault? No problem. Are they the total opposite – a wimp, overly feminine, prone to being emotional? No problem! I’m probably one of the few that see the worth and growth potential no matter what kind of character you want to RP.
  • None of the ideas I’ve listed are set in stone. They are available to be revamped or modified, so if something doesn’t strike your fancy or you have another idea altogether, just tell me. I’m also chill to just throw ideas back and forth until something sticks and we develop it from there. There’s no timeline on creating something great that we’ll both like.
  • Leading on from the above, the ideas I have listed below are general summaries—you *must* be willing to plot with me to expand on them. Some I might have more in-depth background prepared with several plot points I’d like to hit at some point, but ultimately this is a team effort. I don’t control everything; you don’t control everything. Plotting is almost as enjoyable as roleplaying to me, so please be willing to take some time to iron out details and get something setup.

The Golden Rule: If you are losing interest or do not want to roleplay with me anymore (or just want to put a tack in it, or hell, just like chatting with me as a friend vs writing with me) just tell me. If you aren’t mature enough to even give me one line saying you don’t want to continue, then kindly do not engage me.

Too Long, Didn't Read! 600 words per post minimum (both of us should be “novella” writers); no crime/mafia/heavy sci-fi, nor DC/Marvel; my availability varies, but the goal is one post a day if not every other day; I enjoy dark, gritty themes as much as light-hearted ones; I prefer playing male characters, typically more dominant/charismatic ones; some kind of fantasy/supernatural/otherworldly touch should be in the RP as well as some kind of romantic element.

Ideas below!

YC = Your Character
MC = My Character
If roles are labeled as “Character A/Character B”, it means I have no preference for which role to write.

• Just to knock these puppies out real quick… and please note unless specified, I usually only do OCxOC. I’m open to “AU” versions of their worlds, too!

• Harry Potter, any era setting. I am open to writing Remus or purely OCs, and either following canon or f’ing things up.
    • GoT. I would love to explore events following the conclusion or dive into an older time period for the world.
    • Witcher. Pure OCs, any time setting.
    • World of Warcraft (I know, I know, but I’ve got some mad love for it). Any setting/timeline, just no pandas or tauren please. Also, OCs only.
    • FFXIV. OCs, any timeline/setting.
    • Sabrina. OCs, and I’d be down for roleplaying a few gender-bendered characters.
    • Mortal Instruments. OCs, I’ve also only read the original trilogy, just so you’re aware!
    • Monster Hunter. OCs only.
    • Tokyo Ghoul-esque (basically AU or taking this world/theme and plopping it in another)

Please PM me, don't post on this thread here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back