• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mai_Artwork

Tired AF All the Time
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hi, I'm Mai! I've had this account for a while now... Almost 10 years, but was recently convinced to brush it off and try to get some new stories going! I've been roleplaying for about 12-13 years, so I'm well-versed and experienced when it comes to writing. I'm no expert, mind you, but at least I can tell the difference between reality and fiction.

Simplified Rules:

1. 18+. I write with a lot of adult themes so I prefer older partners!
2. 3rd person/past tense!
3. Original characters and stories! No fandom RPs, sorry.
4. Humanoid characters only. I do not consider animals to be main characters, but if your character has a familiar, or could change into an animal, that's fine. (Wolves and Dragons are banned, however. Cliche, overused, and boring.)
5. No god-modding! I like to control my own characters and scenes, so please don't control them for me! I'll provide the same respect for your characters and plotlines!
6. I love lengthy replies, but sometimes it's okay to go a little shorter if need be. I think about 3-5 paragraphs is just the right amount!
7. Ghosting. It's happened plenty of times to me that I'm just jaded by it, so if you're not interested, I get it.
8. Pairings. I welcome romance in stories but I am not going to force characters together. It should be fluid and natural!
9. I play all kinds of characters, from male to female, even NB! I like having groups of characters so I will double up!
10. I'm online nearly all the time, so my replies will come in fast, but don't feel pressured! I'm very patient and will understand if you only can reply on weekends or evenings. Take your time!

I do have a few plots in hand, so the sub-genres I've selected are basically what I'm willing to add, not necessarily what will be used. The genres I like the most, however, are:

• Fantasy
  • Adventure
  • Action
  • Mystery/Thriller
  • Horror
  • Drama
  • Romance (Optional)

Pairings are NOT plots! I am a story-driven writer, and I have no qualms about pairings.

I love magical worlds, different races, and species that inhabit the globe. Gods, goddesses, spirits, just all around anything that's whimsical and magical feeling. There are five plots I have at the moment. Note: I have plot points already set for a majority of the stories, so please keep in mind there will be a bit of guidance when it comes to keeping the story on track!

The Circus: All across Domaeny, there have been reports of exhaustion. Villagers and townsfolk, from the homeless to nobility, have been experiencing extreme fatigue, to the point of starvation and death. It seems to always follow not long after the distant sound of an organ playing, music fading away into the night. Nights of laughter and fun were tailed by families waking up sluggish, weak and sullen. Just what could be the cause of this?

The answer would be waiting, within canvas and shadows.

The story shall follow 2+ characters whom want to see this circus, whether it is to witness the magic, join them, or put an end to their seemingly dangerous practices.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Leviathan: Across the land, a massive movement in the clouds has caused chaos. A legend says that a behemoth of a monster makes its home in the skies. It is said to have dropped corpses, some having landed in houses, scattered across fields, and even found in the tangles of treetops. One adventurer is tasked to locate the monster and take it down, but they cannot do this alone. They must first gather a party, and form a plan!

The story would follow this adventurer and friends (maximum of 8) as they seek out the monster and try to take it down, whether by fire or by finding a way to the skies. What they may find could be far more dangerous than the legends let on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Forgotten Shrine: An enormous kingdom lay spread throughout a chain of islands, various cultures and societies forming through the mountains, hills, and plains, as well as along the shores and cliffsides. Spiritual energy was abundant, and the spirits themselves restless. They found themselves attracted to the mortals that made their homes, beginning to garner their attention and offer boons of all kinds for worship. This lead to many different spirits achieving godlike status, becoming regional deities for the people that worshipped them. Shrines were built in their honor, and they would request their word being spread. In the ruins of a long forgotten village buried in ivy and vines rested a moss-covered shrine, one deity all alone.

The story would follow the deity and traveler that has awoken the deity via offering. The goal would be to try and help the deity achieve a godlike status in order to grant the traveler a wish.

The Cursed Blade: A land of neutrality, of balance, of mortality. That is what's at stake. A country is in the middle of a tug-of-war between Holy and Void forces, the battle of the ethereal in vain attempts to claim as much mortal land as possible. The Holy, while appearing to be the lesser or the two evils, remained just that: Evil with a sickly sweet mask. Holy spirits promising eternal life, granting wishes and fortune in order to convert humanity to their whims, to control them with salvation as bait. The Void, on the other hand, offer the same without sugarcoating their words. They offer humans strength, power, fortune beyond their wildest dreams! So long as they vowed to grant them their souls. Both want control of humanity to fuel their eternal rule, but there was only one thing preventing this: The God of Mortality, a man who slayed thousands of Holy and Void creatures to harness their energy and grant his fellow humans the ability to protect themselves from the Ethereal call: Free Will. He left behind his sword, a blade capable of dealing extreme damage to the Ethereal, but at a price. Who is willing to take the blade into their hands and protect humans?

The story would follow the person whom takes up the sword, striving to become a Champion of Humanity and drive off the forces of Holy and Void. Will they be consumed by the energy, however? Time would only tell.

The Queen of Cinders: Stories tell of a great cataclysm one thousand years ago. The sky would turn black with ash, foretelling the arrival of the Queen of Ash and Cinders, a giant harpy of flaming feathers and obsidian talons. She brought destruction with her everywhere she went, resulting in the destruction of three islands in the Kohanga Archipelago. Now only thirteen of the islands remain. As a new day dawns, the sky begins to fill with ash, and the legends that were once tall tales begin to come true... The Queen of Cinders has returned.

The story would follow a group that will try and deter the Queen from destroying their homes, even if it means killing the giant.

And that's that! If you're interested, please drop your favorite dessert in the DM! I greatly prefer using DMs for 1x1 writing. Regarding the tags, those are all that I'm willing to do, not what I desire out of the story. Some might have horror, others slice of life. Really depends on what you're looking for. Please read the rules carefully, not skim them! I have a code in blue for a reason!

Last edited:
Updated! Current plots can still be used but I am open to hearing yours if you have any!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back