• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Fantasia

Should I reboot this or turn this into a school RP?

• Reboot

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • School RP

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

SomebodyElse

Caught in a storm
Ever heard of a tragic ending? It's not something that's supposed to happen in Fantasia.
Somehow Walt Disney did discover something magical. The stories he created were real.
It was always happily ever after. Yet years later when he returned he eventually died.
To this day his descendants ran his companies and kept up the legacy.
In Fantasia, the fairy tale character you knew and loved grew up as well. Time passed at a different pace but now those characters are grown up and have kids.
But nothing good lasts forever. The villains of the stories have taken over, the parents trapped or lost. Many kingdoms of Fantasia are now overrun with darkness created by the villains. The task is left to the descendants to save Fantasia.
Meanwhile in the real world, The modern day descendants of Walt Disney are at a gathering reading the grandmother of the family's will. Most got things like large sums of money or shares of the company.
Unlucky for me I got none of that. A slip of paper. What am I supposed to do with that.
I know grandmother enjoyed riddles. I'm not sure what FNTSA means but I'm determined to find out.
But I got more than I bargained for. Now I meet a cricket and I'm supposed to help save a world of fairy tales?
How am I supposed to find all these keys to these kingdoms without dying or getting lost?

Fantasia
Ruled by many kingdoms, It is a world that Walt Disney discovered by coincidence. While it is true that magic does exist, most of the time the ability to do so resides in people who are not normal, perhaps wizards or witches, but usually magical creatures like fairies. Magic is generally not a well understood ability. For a long time Walt Disney took advantage of the real world's scientific advancements and many assumed his powers were due to him being a fairy. The reality is that they were mostly just technology or tricks that existed in his world.

Each kingdom has a Golden Key which is heavily guarded. The one who obtains all the keys shall be named King or Queen of All of Fantasia and all their descendants will inherit the position by birthright.
This was originally accomplished by Walt Disney himself, who after years decided to return to the real world, missing his family dearly, after leaving he left the position to his good friend Mickey and his Queen Minnie, with their human handmaiden named Shirley. The keys are useless after being collected for the first time.

Although the kingdoms still recognize Walt Disney as the true king.
Fantasia awaits the hopeful return of Walt Disney, not knowing he is dead and has had descendants.

Are the villains the only ones trying to do something or is there a greater evil? Why are the keys important if they've already been collected? What's really going on in fantasia?

Rules:

Okay so you will all be playing as descendants of Disney characters or descendants of Walt Disney in modern day and as such many of those characters would be royalty if descendants of royal characters. And of-course have abilities similar or of a blend of their parents. They would've been raised by their parents and taught the ways of fantasia. Sometime after their parents settled down and the kids grew up to be teenagers, they were sent to a high-school where all the descendants would be together.
However the story begins with the school closing after the kingdom the school is located in is attacked by Maleficent and Queen Aurora and King Philip are gone.

The real world descendants of Disney receive nothing but a slip of paper which turns out to be a clue to get to fantasia, and they know nothing about it and end up meeting with the descendants of the fairy tale characters. From then on it's a lighthearted but sometimes emotional/dark adventure across the kingdoms of fantasia with an overall arching plot but some flexibility of events leading up to the finale.
I believe in not having too much looseness in a RP as it lets RPs often falling apart or going nowhere. So many of the events will be scripted or written out before hand but we'll keep suggestions open and be flexible when necessary.

I don't particular require posting orders or writing samples but I don't want people to post less often than once a week, although I do treat this like a college professor teaches their students, You can show up or you can not show up and come back later. You'll be required to do the catching up on your own but if you want to leave and come back, unlike other RPs that is actually possible. I want to give this a more drop in and drop out flexibility but keep it rewarding for those who stay.
But I might force you to do a mini arc within the current arc where your character turns out to be alive and became evil before becoming good again and joining the cast. Or some kind of thing to reintroduce your character

I plan on focusing arcs on each individual played character and working with their descendants of the fairy tale characters to establish lore for the kingdoms.
The modern day descendants will be abit more limited as to positions but they'll have an integral part of the story but not as much to do with establishing lore or having history with fantasia.
While not all the kingdoms are taken over by villains, the villains will still have something to do with the ones that don't. I plan to incorporate some cheesy lesson or moral of the story at the end of each arc which will tailored to the characters we play.
So someone might learn that relying on friends is okay or that it's ok to be scared or something cheesy like that.

This is a long term RP with alot of planning and world-building.

Okay so this RP has begun but it seems most people didn't really even try to post once and it has died. So I'm going to give us the option of rebooting this or turning it into a school RP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back