• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fandomronpa: Side γ [Closed]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
- louise ariadne worth, district attorney -​

"Weell... An angry man dressed in red describes a few warlords I've seen in my past... Oh! And some soldiers I fought alongside. No shortage of those, given enough time. But I doubt they're the same one you know about. Mind if you tell me more? I'm a real fan of stories, you know?"

There was an intrigued look on her face, one that only grew more prominent as Fushi spoke about his plight... Involving being mistaken for a 'god'.​

"He says he's an actor - or used to be one," she said, her eyes shining oddly, almost as if someone was speaking through her, or she was reciting something. "A man who cannot die, who strings puppets along from a large, dark manor. A terrifying, mocking, powerful man who thinks he's the hero of every story. A man who keeps people in the walls-"

She blinked, coming out of her trance. "I... was his prisoner for a very long time," she finally said, shaking a little. "I haven't talked to any new, real people in... a long, long time."

COVE HOLDEN
Zenterfold Zenterfold Takumi98 Takumi98 York York Gummi Bunnies Gummi Bunnies @Others

Cove listened to Fushi's explanation of what the Church and the Force was, yet even though it was short he was still confused.

"Didn't understand any of that," Cove said, "But nobody can bring back the de-"

THWOORP

The sound interrupted Cove's thoughts, and he turned to look at Nian, chattering away. "You talk a lot," he said, before casually picking up the cheese on his plate.

And then came the breeze, Kagerou used his vision and, even though the intention was to knock out Power, a backdraft accidentally blew away the cheese that Cove was gonna eat and made it land right on the floor. "My food..." he said, before starting to eat his salad and returning to his conversation with Fushi.

"But yeah, nobody can revive dead people, that's like movie stuff," he said.​

Rixia Mao
Interactions: Charles Babel Charles Babel Josh Josh
Others Present: @LabCafe

Rixia_Mao_Casual_-_Portrait_12_%28Ao%29.png
As Rixia began to make her way toward the Lab Cafeteria with her new companions in tow, she looked toward the older man as he spoke to her while they walked. "Hmm? Oh, well, I was... a stage dancer. For a theater troupe called Arc-en-Ciel. Maybe you've heard of it?" She replied, biting her lip ever so slightly as she spoke. It had admittedly been a small while since she last danced, due to circumstances outside of her control, but it wasn't exactly like she could go around advertising what she had been doing since then, so here she was. Either way, between Cater and now the man, and probably everyone else here if she had to hazard a guess, it was almost simultaneously concerning and a relief that no one seemed to recognize who she was, or her old troupe, but all the same, it raised a myriad of questions in her head.

Little did Mike or even Rixia know however, as she looked into his eyes as she spoke, Rixia found herself thinking about the old man in a similar way to how he was thinking, though on the other side of the coin.

He seemed to be an astute and level-headed man. But it also seemed like he wasn't exactly normal.

Rixia kept those thoughts to herself however, and once they'd reached the Lab Cafe, she couldn't help but giggle slightly at Jester's energy. "Well, I do enjoy a spot of cooking every now and then. Baking sweets is actually a bit of a challenge for me though, but I could certainly give it a shot if..." She began to say, but found herself stopping before too long. Rixia suddenly found the idea of making some food here a bit morbid, as if already resigning herself to this place, but it did raise yet another question. Why was this group left with easy access to what seemed to be a functional kitchen?

Shaking her head as if to compose herself, Rixia cleared her throat. "On second thought, I don't imagine we'll be staying long enough to have to make use of the foodstuffs here, don't you think so?"
a slight smirk placed on Power's lips as people moved out of her way, knowing their place.

"Hear me, mortals! Bow down to me, and make me a meal!" Her voice echoed into the cafeteria, hearing someone mention hotpot she pointed to the woman.

View attachment 1069945

"You! False devil! Make me a hotpot!" She demanded before moving to the tables, grabbing two meals- and shoving them into her face.

No one was there to boss her around or threaten her, this would be good.

Everything was going to hell quickly. These people, it was like herding cats! Looking at Rixia, the stoic man's eyes would flash with anger. That girl is causing an issue, and the other is annoying. That and the fact he still wasn't understanding what he was seeing.

Before he could step forward, a slim woman seemed to scold other women. It wasn't a scold. Mike was experienced. He could read what kind of person like a book. Have doing his line of work many years, you can tell your kind at a certain point.

1678037201446.png

"The lady's right." Mike steps forward, moving past people like parting waves. Looking at the group, he held himself like a professional. Looking at Power, He just shook his head. "Can you please stop whatever the hell you're doing? You're giving me heart palpitations!" Mike spared dryly. "Look, people, we don't have to be friends, or hell, even like each other but it's been, what? Five minutes and we are a at each other throats"

Gathering his thoughts, Mike continued.

"Truth is, we could be here for weeks, maybe months. The fact there is so much food should tell everyone we were brought here for the long haul. So, my suggestion to everyone here is to take a deep breath, take a step back, and relax. It's all we can do till we get more information. It's the only play."

1678037333383.png

Another pause "Now someone, not sure who mentioned sharing where we're from and our powers. Well, I don't have any powers—just an old man. I was in the army than I was a cop for twenty-five years in Philadelphia. After that? I retired. Moved myself to New Mexico, where I did a little bit of everything. P. I work, security contracting, you get the picture."

Funnier President Funnier President Charles Babel Charles Babel Verite Verite Ghost_Candy Ghost_Candy Takumi98 Takumi98 Capri Capri Zenterfold Zenterfold @ whoever

Last edited:
Josh Josh
- louise ariadne worth, district attorney -
The woman gave a rare smile - a slightly sad one, but a smile nonetheless. "Thank you for your service. One of my friends was a soldier - William J. Barnum, maybe you know him?"

Jester raised her hand after Mike spoke. "Hi! My name is Jester! I'm a cleric, some would say I am the cleric. I can do all this cool magic stuff like heal you if you hurt yourself create spirit weapons and like, like, lightning and cool shit like that. I'm like, really powerful, you guys. No joke."

She thought about for a moment before continuing. "Well I should be able to anyway cause I've been trying to get a message through to Fjord, my boyfriend, Fjord. He's also really cool you'd all love him but he's not responded to either of them so...maybe I can't? Could like...someone accidentally hurt themselves or something so I could try it out? Just as a test cause I totally know I can do it but, you don't have to do it, unless you want to?"

Funnier President Funnier President Josh Josh Verite Verite Ghost_Candy Ghost_Candy Takumi98 Takumi98 Capri Capri Zenterfold Zenterfold @ whoever[/FONT]

[ Kagerou ]

226d636123d16bfea1e027df408996fcc125cec0.pnj

Gods, people really liked to talk about themselves in this group. Kagerou didn't really understand why this was their way of breaking the ice, revealing certain powers like they were open books. It wasn't like they would be any closer in leaving this place by exposing their whole life stories to one another.

Not particularly acknowledging Cove's comment about his hat, the puppet tilted his head at Fushi's question. The fact that most of them possibly came from other worlds entirely should be obvious to some, but unfortunately that wasn't the case with the boy who just spawned a pear from his hand.

"The Church of Bennett doesn't ring any bells, and I doubt it even exists back home." Kagerou shook his head, ignoring the strange namesake that reminded him of the unlucky Mondstadter that the traveler would tell him about.

Then came Nian with that supposed hot pot she kept on talking about. If anything, it seemed like a person's struggling rendition of the dish Adeptus Temptation. As Power ate food in a gluttonous fashion that was reminiscent of Paimon, Kagerou narrowed his eyes at Nian upon her own life story being put out for everyone to hear. So his hunch of her being close to an adeptus was right on the mark, and it only cemented his general dislike of the divine.

"If anyone is expecting me to share details about myself, I'm not obligated to, and I honestly don't care about all of that nonsense." Kagerou speaks up, making it clear that he wouldn't be so open like everyone else has been. "But just so no one gives me a stupid nickname, my name is Kagerou. I'm not anything special, just a traveling wanderer that got taken away to this dump like the rest of you."

Well, Robin was expecting some sort of power showcase... and Power's obnoxious behavior was starting to get on his nerves despite not really being addressed directly by her. This was a good enough excuse, if anything.

The turquoise amulet, which was attached to the upper torso of this clothing, shone a bright glow. The activation of his elemental power stemming from his own Anemo Vision. A subtle change in the air could be felt. Not giving anyone a word of warning, the wanderer merely swung his arm in Power's general direction, a stream of wind was sent her way like he had summoned an abrupt gust indoors for a mere moment. Depending on what she did in reponse, she would either be knocked over or not, and probably the food would be the only casualty in the short exchange.

After that, his Anemo Vision dimmed and lost its glow, and Kagerou looked back at the others as if he didn't do anything wrong.

"What? I thought you wanted a showcase of our powers, so I did my part." He feigns innocence, his voice portraying that he didn't feel the slightest amount of guilt over possible soiled food.

Zenterfold Zenterfold Ghost_Candy Ghost_Candy York York Takumi98 Takumi98 Capri Capri Funnier President Funnier President @LabCafe
- louise ariadne worth, district attorney -​

"He says he's an actor - or used to be one," she said, her eyes shining oddly, almost as if someone was speaking through her, or she was reciting something. "A man who cannot die, who strings puppets along from a large, dark manor. A terrifying, mocking, powerful man who thinks he's the hero of every story. A man who keeps people in the walls-"

She blinked, coming out of her trance. "I... was his prisoner for a very long time," she finally said, shaking a little. "I haven't talked to any new, real people in... a long, long time."
COVE HOLDEN
Zenterfold Zenterfold Takumi98 Takumi98 York York Gummi Bunnies Gummi Bunnies @Others

Cove listened to Fushi's explanation of what the Church and the Force was, yet even though it was short he was still confused.

"Didn't understand any of that," Cove said, "But nobody can bring back the de-"

THWOORP

The sound interrupted Cove's thoughts, and he turned to look at Nian, chattering away. "You talk a lot," he said, before casually picking up the cheese on his plate.

And then came the breeze, Kagerou used his vision and, even though the intention was to knock out Power, a backdraft accidentally blew away the cheese that Cove was gonna eat and made it land right on the floor. "My food..." he said, before starting to eat his salad and returning to his conversation with Fushi.

"But yeah, nobody can revive dead people, that's like movie stuff," he said.​
Everything was going to hell quickly. These people, it was like herding cats! Looking at Rixia, the stoic man's eyes would flash with anger. That girl is causing an issue, and the other is annoying. That and the fact he still wasn't understanding what he was seeing.

Before he could step forward, a slim woman seemed to scold other women. It wasn't a scold. Mike was experienced. He could read what kind of person like a book. Have doing his line of work many years, you can tell your kind at a certain point.

View attachment 1070177

"The lady's right." Mike steps forward, moving past people like parting waves. Looking at the group, he held himself like a professional. Looking at Power, He just shook his head. "Can you please stop whatever the hell you're doing? You're giving me heart palpitations!" Mike spared dryly. "Look, people, we don't have to be friends, or hell, even like each other but it's been, what? Five minutes and we are a at each other throats"

Gathering his thoughts, Mike continued.

"Truth is, we could be here for weeks, maybe months. The fact there is so much food should tell everyone we were brought here for the long haul. So, my suggestion to everyone here is to take a deep breath, take a step back, and relax. It's all we can do till we get more information. It's the only play."

View attachment 1070180

Another pause "Now someone, not sure who mentioned sharing where we're from and our powers. Well, I don't have any powers—just an old man. I was in the army than I was a cop for twenty-five years in Philadelphia. After that? I retired. Moved myself to New Mexico, where I did a little bit of everything. P. I work, security contracting, you get the picture."

Funnier President Funnier President Charles Babel Charles Babel Verite Verite Ghost_Candy Ghost_Candy Takumi98 Takumi98 Capri Capri Zenterfold Zenterfold @ whoever
Josh Josh
The woman gave a rare smile - a slightly sad one, but a smile nonetheless. "Thank you for your service. One of my friends was a soldier - William J. Barnum, maybe you know him?"
Jester raised her hand after Mike spoke. "Hi! My name is Jester! I'm a cleric, some would say I am the cleric. I can do all this cool magic stuff like heal you if you hurt yourself create spirit weapons and like, like, lightning and cool shit like that. I'm like, really powerful, you guys. No joke."

She thought about for a moment before continuing. "Well I should be able to anyway cause I've been trying to get a message through to Fjord, my boyfriend, Fjord. He's also really cool you'd all love him but he's not responded to either of them so...maybe I can't? Could like...someone accidentally hurt themselves or something so I could try it out? Just as a test cause I totally know I can do it but, you don't have to do it, unless you want to?"

Funnier President Funnier President Josh Josh Verite Verite Ghost_Candy Ghost_Candy Takumi98 Takumi98 Capri Capri Zenterfold Zenterfold @ whoever[/FONT]

Nian
Zenterfold Zenterfold Ghost_Candy Ghost_Candy Funnier President Funnier President Gummi Bunnies Gummi Bunnies Takumi98 Takumi98 Capri Capri Verite Verite Josh Josh Charles Babel Charles Babel @Lab Cafe

eLdtGn2.png

"Sounds like he'd have felt right at home in the Crimson Troupe... Eh... Back when they were still around. Tough crowd is what they are... Can't say I'll miss 'em. Most of 'em... But not all of them joined willingly. Not since that 'mouthpiece' of theirs showed up." Nian said.

There was a flash of sympathy on her face as she seemed to contemplate something now.

"Well... Feel free to chat me up anytime, 'kay? When I'm free anyway. I got plenty of stories myself. And... Something tells me you could use a few happier ones."
She paused, grinning a little.

"There's this one I always like to tell... About a certain New Year's beast that used to terrorize Yan. And-... Oh boy. One sec! Looks like we got troooouble~." There was a click of her tongue as she moved, grabbing Kagerou by the arm playfully.

"Hey now... No need to blow things out of proportion, hm? Unless you're looking to start..." There was a pause as she menacingly lifted one of the bowls found nearby, full of the 'plain' soup she had not been the most eager to try out.

"A food fight~?" She grinned now, striking a mock-pose, similar to the exagerrated kind one would see in a low-tier martial arts movie.​

Clementine finished her meager meal in record time, before any of the other dishes could be made. She had the manners of a girl half her age, gobbling down the bread and ham in large, desperate bites. Her stomach grumbled loudly all throughout, reminding her how little her last meal had been, even compared to the food before her. When she was finished, she wiped her arm across her mouth and finally stood back up.

So, who the hell were all these people?

Vague, confusing memories flashed in Clementine's mind and she had the sense that she knew the names of some of the people around her, though these names were just at the tip of her tongue. She wracked her brain, realizing then how strange it was that she, well, didn't find this all so strange!

Of course, a lot of people weren't finding it too strange either. She might have expected people to be a bit more frightened. Though, even without her feeling strangely calm, Clementine figured she would not find this very frightening at all. After all, she knew the real horror that waited beyond the walls of this building.

An old man seemed to be trying to get the room's attention, talking about keeping calm. Clementine figured it was stupid to try and get anyone to keep calm right now, but they really did need to get their shit together.

Leaving the group for a moment, Clementine hobbled her way to the kitchen and soon found the food reserves. It was nothing too glamorous, but the amount of food was staggering. The meats would not last forever, but the the stuff that wouldn't go bad...

Clementine returned from the kitchen and slammed a fist down on one if the cafeteria tables. "He's got a point," Clementine said, raising her voice and gesturing toward Mike. "By my count, we have enough food to last us not weeks, but months. Maybe even a year. This is huge. Where I'm from, this would be impossible. Really, you're all impossible. None of you make sense. But..."

She trailed off, looking down toward her feet. This situation was beyond her understanding. Probably beyond everyone's here.

York York Ghost_Candy Ghost_Candy Funnier President Funnier President Gummi Bunnies Gummi Bunnies Takumi98 Takumi98 Capri Capri Verite Verite Josh Josh Charles Babel Charles Babel @Cafeteria

Yotsuya, Miko
@EveryoneAround

latest.png
By now, seeing everyone interact with the cafeteria food, Miko was convinced this was a special case—no spirits, just very bizarre appearances. Then again, this whole situation was anything but normal.

Miko had stayed out of the way mostly, unwilling to interrupt some of the more rambunctious and talkative of the group. It was funny how her 'normalness' made her feel like an outlier. When people began introducing themselves, she waited until an opportunity.

"I'm Yotsuya, Miko... I'm a high school student from Japan... And that's it." Well, not all of it, but... though they definitely mentioned sharing their powers with each other, she didn't feel comfortable with that just yet. Perhaps that resulted from having to carry the burden alone back home, but she omitted revealing her spiritual sight. Miko focused her gaze on her untouched tray of food. At least they knew her name now.

"Wow, fake devil, this is good!" Power said, blissfully sucking up some of the spiced noodles. A moment later she felt the pots under her arms be pulled and saw flowers materializing near her hands.

1678172862143.png

"What the fuck?" she hissed as the food was taken away from beneath her. She looked up at the raven-haired woman, shooting her a look of anger. Though, as the woman finished her spiel, Power couldn't help but scoff.

"HAHAHA, are you fucking serious? What kind of shitty contract did you take? A flower devil? You think you can scare me?" Power continued to laugh in Nico's face before her expression darkened.

She ignored Nian and the bald man's words, her face turning blank as her wrist slit and her blood molded into a hammer. She then swiftly attempted to strike Nico.

1678172950614.png

-----------------

Zenterfold Zenterfold York York Funnier President Funnier President Capri Capri Gummi Bunnies Gummi Bunnies Josh Josh Charles Babel Charles Babel @LabCafe

It was then, rather suddenly, that the lights went out throughout the facility, plunging the group into complete and total darkness.

In the seconds that followed, some kind of presence could be felt, moving quickly. Everyone felt something tough the wrists of their right arms. It was only a few seconds later that the lights came back on, as if nothing happened at all.

Except, now everyone had a fancy little watch on their arms. They were nothing special and looked like your average smartwatch. The screen on the face of the watch seemed rather large and was currently displaying the time. The physical design of the watches seemed to match that of the owner, though they all seemed to function the same. By pressing on the face of the watch, the user could access the device's applications, which included a MAP, a MEMO function, and a list of profiles.

Each watch then received a notification: Please proceed to the center room!! ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ♡

Gummi Bunnies Gummi Bunnies York York Ghost_Candy Ghost_Candy Funnier President Funnier President AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa Verite Verite themagnoliaofutah themagnoliaofutah HanikamuKitten HanikamuKitten SilverDingo SilverDingo GamblingGoblins GamblingGoblins Takumi98 Takumi98 Charles Babel Charles Babel Capri Capri LuckycoolHawk9 LuckycoolHawk9 Josh Josh

"Wait, we shouldn't--!" Rixia began to exclaim toward Power as it appeared she was about to move in for the kill toward Nico.

The young woman admittedly wasn't in the know of how this skirmish had begun, having had her attention directed elsewhere when it had gone down, but once she saw that someone was about to get hurt, her mid quickly raced to figure out how to put a stop to the fight before it'd even properly start. Her arm reached out for something, anything within reach, and one might have even spotted her coming close to reaching a knife before she'd even finished talking, before the lights had so abruptly went out for just a moment.

She gasped out in surprise when the room blacked out and she felt something strange clasp around her right wrist. In the dark, Rixia jerked her arm back, taken aback not just by the sudden darkness, but also by the implication that someone else was here, and had perhaps come close enough to her to touch her... or even kill her if they so wanted.

When the lights came on again and Rixia was able to see the strange new device attached to her, she blinked, at a loss for words for a moment. Some strange device reminiscent of a watch... but also like one of those newfangled computers that she had heard about back home in Crossbell. It even reminded Rixia of an orbment, but with no quartz slots to make use of. Rather, it seemed to have an entirely different function, as she apprehensively tested it out, only to see a decently thorough list of everyone here, among other items.

And then came a message that appeared as quickly as the watch itself, telling them all to report to the Center Room.

"What the...? Could this be... from whoever brought us all here?!" Rixia wondered aloud, before her eyes widened as she decided to shift topics for a second. "Oh, a-and is everyone alright? Jester, Mr. Mike? Cater? No one's hurt?"

Fushi
Kagerou's statement caused Fushi's brow to furrow slightly, though he didn't comment.

Some of what Nian was saying didn't make much sense to Fushi, but he felt he understood parts of it.

Fushi smiled at Cove, amused.

"That's fine, I guess it's a lot more complicated than I made it sound, really." He replied, mentally picking up the fact that quite a few here seemed to be immortal or knew someone who was in some form based on how they talked. It was weird, since he was so used to being...alone in that sense. Watching as Cove’s cheese landed on the floor, Fushi took cheese off of another plate and set it on Cove’s.

"Well, no, I-" he started, only to tilt his head at Cove and ask, "what's a movie?"

Clementine finished her meager meal in record time, before any of the other dishes could be made. She had the manners of a girl half her age, gobbling down the bread and ham in large, desperate bites. Her stomach grumbled loudly all throughout, reminding her how little her last meal had been, even compared to the food before her. When she was finished, she wiped her arm across her mouth and finally stood back up.

Vague, confusing memories flashed in Clementine's mind and she had the sense that she knew the names of some of the people around her, though these names were just at the tip of her tongue. She wracked her brain, realizing then how strange it was that she, well, didn't find this all so strange!

Of course, a lot of people weren't finding it too strange either. She might have expected people to be a bit more frightened. Though, even without her feeling strangely calm, Clementine figured she would not find this very frightening at all. After all, she knew the real horror that waited beyond the walls of this building.

An old man seemed to be trying to get the room's attention, talking about keeping calm. Clementine figured it was stupid to try and get anyone to keep calm right now, but they really did need to get their shit together.

Leaving the group for a moment, Clementine hobbled her way to the kitchen and soon found the food reserves. It was nothing too glamorous, but the amount of food was staggering. The meats would not last forever, but the the stuff that wouldn't go bad...

Clementine returned from the kitchen and slammed a fist down on one if the cafeteria tables. "He's got a point," Clementine said, raising her voice and gesturing toward Mike. "By my count, we have enough food to last us not weeks, but months. Maybe even a year. This is huge. Where I'm from, this would be impossible. Really, you're all impossible. None of you make sense. But..."

She trailed off, looking down toward her feet. This situation was beyond her understanding. Probably beyond everyone's here.

York York Ghost_Candy Ghost_Candy Funnier President Funnier President Gummi Bunnies Gummi Bunnies Takumi98 Takumi98 Capri Capri Verite Verite Josh Josh Charles Babel Charles Babel @Cafeteria

"Wow, fake devil, this is good!" Power said, blissfully sucking up some of the spiced noodles. A moment later she felt the pots under her arms be pulled and saw flowers materializing near her hands.

View attachment 1070834

"What the fuck?" she hissed as the food was taken away from beneath her. She looked up at the raven-haired woman, shooting her a look of anger. Though, as the woman finished her spiel, Power couldn't help but scoff.

"HAHAHA, are you fucking serious? What kind of shitty contract did you take? A flower devil? You think you can scare me?" Power continued to laugh in Nico's face before her expression darkened.

She ignored Nian and the bald man's words, her face turning blank as her wrist slit and her blood molded into a hammer. She then swiftly attempted to strike Nico.

View attachment 1070835

-----------------

Zenterfold Zenterfold York York Funnier President Funnier President Capri Capri Gummi Bunnies Gummi Bunnies Josh Josh Charles Babel Charles Babel @LabCafe
"Wait, we shouldn't--!" Rixia began to exclaim toward Power as it appeared she was about to move in for the kill toward Nico.

The young woman admittedly wasn't in the know of how this skirmish had begun, having had her attention directed elsewhere when it had gone down, but once she saw that someone was about to get hurt, her mid quickly raced to figure out how to put a stop to the fight before it'd even properly start. Her arm reached out for something, anything within reach, and one might have even spotted her coming close to reaching a knife before she'd even finished talking, before the lights had so abruptly went out for just a moment.

She gasped out in surprise when the room blacked out and she felt something strange clasp around her right wrist. In the dark, Rixia jerked her arm back, taken aback not just by the sudden darkness, but also by the implication that someone else was here, and had perhaps come close enough to her to touch her... or even kill her if they so wanted.

When the lights came on again and Rixia was able to see the strange new device attached to her, she blinked, at a loss for words for a moment. Some strange device reminiscent of a watch... but also like one of those newfangled computers that she had heard about back home in Crossbell. It even reminded Rixia of an orbment, but with no quartz slots to make use of. Rather, it seemed to have an entirely different function, as she apprehensively tested it out, only to see a decently thorough list of everyone here, among other items.

And then came a message that appeared as quickly as the watch itself, telling them all to report to the Center Room.

"What the...? Could this be... from whoever brought us all here?!" Rixia wondered aloud, before her eyes widened as she decided to shift topics for a second. "Oh, a-and is everyone alright? Jester, Mr. Mike? Cater? No one's hurt?"

While Fushi was taking in the revelation of Clementine's words, Power had moved to attack Nico, causing Fushi to rise from his seat quickly.

"Wait a second-" Fushi called out to Power just as Rixia had, moving to try and stand between both Power and Robin but not getting very far just as the room suddenly went dark.

It was then, rather suddenly, that the lights went out throughout the facility, plunging the group into complete and total darkness.

In the seconds that followed, some kind of presence could be felt, moving quickly. Everyone felt something tough the wrists of their right arms. It was only a few seconds later that the lights came back on, as if nothing happened at all.

Except, now everyone had a fancy little watch on their arms. They were nothing special and looked like your average smartwatch. The screen on the face of the watch seemed rather large and was currently displaying the time. The physical design of the watches seemed to match that of the owner, though they all seemed to function the same. By pressing on the face of the watch, the user could access the device's applications, which included a MAP, a MEMO function, and a list of profiles.

Each watch then received a notification: Please proceed to the center room!! ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ♡

Gummi Bunnies Gummi Bunnies York York Ghost_Candy Ghost_Candy Funnier President Funnier President AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa Verite Verite themagnoliaofutah themagnoliaofutah HanikamuKitten HanikamuKitten SilverDingo SilverDingo GamblingGoblins GamblingGoblins Takumi98 Takumi98 Charles Babel Charles Babel Capri Capri LuckycoolHawk9 LuckycoolHawk9 Josh Josh

When the lights went out the immortal had considered changing into Gugu's form and lighting a torch, but quickly came to realize that that wasn't the case after feeling something suddenly clamp down on his wrist, startling him briefly.

Fushi's gaze went to his right wrist, greatly confused once the lights were back on.

"Cove, what is this?" He asked motioning to his watch, though kept an eye on Power and Robin in case they butt heads again.

Zenterfold Zenterfold Capri Capri Ghost_Candy Ghost_Candy Verite Verite @Others @LabCafe

[ Kagerou ]

The puppet's eye twitched as he say Nian grab his wrist like he was some misbehaving child. Who the hell did she think she was? Ignoring the brewing chaos going on with everyone else, he had the idea of at least showing up the obnoxious horned woman. There wasn't any traveler or Nahida to hold him back, but he knew to reign it in and not go all out. It wasn't like he could in these circumstances, he just didn't want to let this go.

"Oh I'll give you more than a meaningless food fight," Kagerou shot back a smug look at Nian, activating his Vision and building up swirls of Anemo energy when-

The cafeteria went entirely dark, like they were sent into the Abyss levels of darkness. There was no rhyme or sensibility to this as something clasped at his wrist and had no intentions of letting go. No, it wasn't like that horned lady who was chastising him earlier. It felt more like a tight shackle.

As the lights came back on, Kagerou immediately noticed the new device attached to his other wrist. Bearing aesthetic features that were like the Akasha and the forbidden technology of Khaenri'ah, he was at a loss on what the hell it was.

"Tch, is this some sort of a sick joke?" He grumbles, completely forgetting about the fact that he was going to fight Nian over something so trivial. Eventually from randomly running his fingers for some sort of button on the watch, he blinked in the unexpected surprise of the device turning on. Yeah, he had no idea how this thing really worked.

"Whatever this is, way more advanced than anything that was available in my home world," Kagerou noted audibly, fumbling around through the watch's interface until he managed to navigate his way into the profile list of everyone present.

"What... the fuck? Who does the creator of this device think I am?" He felt a vein pop in his head from the mild offense. Well, he was to be working on his personality and all, but some old habits stick around. Also, Ultimate Wanderer felt more like an insult than a title. Before he could voice his irritation with the device for everyone to hear, a notification popped up on their watches.

"I suppose whoever this is, they must like shepherding us like cattle, wanting us to follow their every command," Kagerou commented when Rixia spoke up about how this could be from the one responsible for bringing them all here, "Then again, we don't have any other options besides comply. I'd wager that they'll find a way to forcefully move us back into the center room even if we decided to try and hole up in this cafeteria."

A hint of pent up frustration was in his voice. He didn't like the situation at all. It reminded him too much about the majority of his life, being swayed by someone else pulling the puppet strings.

Zenterfold Zenterfold York York Verite Verite Takumi98 Takumi98 Ghost_Candy Ghost_Candy @LabCafe

She had barely processed the lights going out before feeling the watch fastened around her wrist. When she looked at it, she was surprised to find a classic Vacheron Constantin styled watch - except the display was a strange, glowing type of thing she'd never seen before. The little bear at the end of the message caught her off guard too - Mark was clearly being casual with this. Or maybe he was using someone else- the colonel, maybe?

She felt proud to be called the Ultimate Lawyer, though. She hadn't been in office all that long, but - well, she had done her very best.

Nico Robin, Ultimate Former Assassin

"Not quite a contract, and not quite a flower devil" was the only answer Power would receive on that notice...

Well, this was unpleasant. She had hoped that the pink-haired girl would have taken the hint to at least calm things down slightly, but it looks like her bruised pride wouldn't allow it. Quickly crossing her arms, she prepared to manifest several ar-

Oh?

Suddenly, the room was plunged into darkness. Silently sidestepping left incase Power attempted to try anything, she prepared an extra set of arms should she continue to blindly wreak havoc.... but found her right arm suddenly being grasped by something. It couldn't have been the girl as whatever was grasping her certainly didn't feel like her arm.

As the lights turned on, she looked immediately at her arm... to find a strange watch on it, decorated with flower petals. There was something off about them... leaning in closely, she was shocked to find the language of the Poneglyphs inscribed on them. However, they translated into nonsense.. if rather violent nonsense. "bear murder blood pink knife despair" were but a few of the odd phrases she found with a glance. Perhaps she could examine them later, but for now... there was still the issue of a certain pink-haired girl.

"So. Here is the deal I'll offer you. For now, you don't attempt to lash out at me or anyone else present while we investigate. If you want to have a "food fight", go right ahead. Be unruly? Fine. But attempt bodily harm, and well..." Power would feel a sudden weight from her chest. Looking down would reveal that Robin had manifested an arm between her shirt and jacket, and it happened to be in convenient reach of her neck.... vanishing into petals that instant, Robin left the threat hanging in the air.

"I suppose whoever this is, they must like shepherding us like cattle, wanting us to follow their every command," Kagerou commented when Rixia spoke up about how this could be from the one responsible for bringing them all here, "Then again, we don't have any other options besides comply. I'd wager that they'll find a way to forcefully move us back into the center room even if we decided to try and hole up in this cafeteria."

Listening and viewing from a slightly distance as others used their watches, she attempted to turn hers on. It didn't take her as long as others to figure out the technology, and she was already investigating the map- which was rather bland, as of now. Not much to see. Now at the profiles, she looked across at the profiles, noting diffe-

Ah.

Oh, dear.

Ultimate Former Assassin wasn't exactly a title you wanted. She could think of much better ones to be called. Ultimate Archaeologist sounded much better.

"Well, I see no reason for us to take our mysterious kidnapper wait. Let's get going."

Saying that, Robin casually walked out of the room towards the center area, her stolen pear halfway eaten.

@Labcafe to @Centerroom

COVE HOLDEN
Zenterfold Zenterfold Takumi98 Takumi98 Gummi Bunnies Gummi Bunnies Funnier President Funnier President Ghost_Candy Ghost_Candy @Others

Cove stood up as Power attacked Nico. He didn't want anyone to get physical, but there was a part of him that believed that this Nico character kind of had it coming.

That's when the power went out. When it went back up he found the smartwatch on his wrist. It had a water-based pattern on it, depicting several sea creatures like a dolphin on it. On the clasp holding it together was a ceramic white poppy.

Fushi's question caught his attention, "Uh... this? This is a watch, it looks like a smart watch... let me see..."

He taps on the screen and the display lit up, showing the map, memo, and profile options. He scrolled to see the profiles, a few of them catching his eye, that Nico character was the Ultimate Former Assassin, which freaked him out. That dude who thinks gods are real is a wanderer, and Fushi is apparently immortal. Some titles (Forge, Blood Fiend, Decapitator) he didn't get, and some (Influencer, Student Council President) were people he had never seen.

The Ultimate Sarcasm was one who he'd like to keep his distance from since he doesn't really like sarcasm.

And then there was his profile.

Easily-flustered

"H-hey! I'm not that easily flustered!" Cove yelled out, blushing. It was at that moment he realized that he was that easily flustered.

He turned his attention back to Fushi, "If you touch the screen, it'll open stuff up and you can press stuff. It's like a phone, I think. I know my partner Jamie has a smartwatch but I don't like wearing watches,"

He saw the memo that said to go to the middle room, and he heard Kagerou say something about shepherding us off like sheep. He saw Nico leave and huffed.

"Why can't she just keep her hands to herself?" Cove said, venting to Fushi, "I don't like that she acts like she's above us when she stole my food and then threatened someone,"

With a sigh, and considering Kagerou's comments, Cove got up and left the cafeteria, looking over his shoulder to see if Fushi would follow him.​

Last edited:
COVE HOLDEN
Zenterfold Zenterfold Takumi98 Takumi98 Gummi Bunnies Gummi Bunnies @FunnierPrez Ghost_Candy Ghost_Candy @Others

Cove stood up as Power attacked Nico. He didn't want anyone to get physical, but there was a part of him that believed that this Nico character kind of had it coming.

That's when the power went out. When it went back up he found the smartwatch on his wrist. It had a water-based pattern on it, depicting several sea creatures like a dolphin on it. On the clasp holding it together was a ceramic white poppy.

Fushi's question caught his attention, "Uh... this? This is a watch, it looks like a smart watch... let me see..."

He taps on the screen and the display lit up, showing the map, memo, and profile options. He scrolled to see the profiles, a few of them catching his eye, that Nico character was the Ultimate Former Assassin, which freaked him out. That dude who thinks gods are real is a wanderer, and Fushi is apparently immortal. Some titles (Forge, Blood Fiend, Decapitator) he didn't get, and some (Influencer, Student Council President) were people he had never seen.

The Ultimate Sarcasm was one who he'd like to keep his distance from since he doesn't really like sarcasm.

Easily-flustered

"H-hey! I'm not that easily flustered!" Cove yelled out, blushing. It was at that moment he realized that he was that easily flustered.

He turned his attention back to Fushi, "If you touch the screen, it'll open stuff up and you can press stuff. It's like a phone, I think. I know my partner Jamie has a smartwatch but I don't like wearing watches,"

He saw the memo that said to go to the middle room, and he heard Kagerou say something about shepherding us off like sheep. He saw Nico leave and huffed.

"Why can't she just keep her hands to herself?" Cove said, venting to Fushi, "I don't like that she acts like she's above us when she stole my food and then threatened someone,"

With a sigh, and considering Kagerou's comments, Cove got up and left the cafeteria, looking over his shoulder to see if Fushi would follow him.​

Fushi stared down at his own watch. It was plain white and a bit rounded, with little drawings along the band. Fushi felt...sad, realizing that the little drawings were of some of his forms in that familiar style the boy drew in. Along with that sadness was also slight...irritation.

"We don't have smart watches or...phones were I'm from." Fushi replied. He wasn't even completely sure he saw a watch in the last 200 years, now that he thought of it.

At Cove's question regarding Nico, Fushi shrugged.

"I don't know, but as long as they don't hurt each other...or try to again, then I think we'd have an easier time finding answers to this place." He replied, staring down at his screen curiously. He'd feel if someone got hurt, he was sure. Like back in Jananda all those years ago, he didn't want others to get hurt or possibly killed. The thought made him queasy.

Ignoring the feeling, he followed after Cove towards the center room, like the little words on the screen said to. Speaking of...

"Why does that thing look like bread with a face?" He asked, pointing to the little bear emoticon at the end of the odd message they all received.

Capri Capri @Others @LabCafe to Center Room

COVE HOLDEN
Zenterfold Zenterfold Takumi98 Takumi98

"I think that's meant to be a bear," said Cove, "But... you don't have phones where you're from? Really?"

He put a finger to his chin, "There are phones everywhere. Everyone has one where I'm from. It's basically a device that people use to call each other, converse with each other by sending instant messages, take pictures, and like a lot of other stuff, too. As for watches, they're usually just for telling time, but smartwatches do other things, it's like a phone on your wrist,"

"But... wait... where are you from?"

Jester was about to step inbetween the fighting, or sit down and watch what would happen. Sadly, she didn't have any say in the matter as the lights went out and she got something weird on her arm. "Oh? Yeah, yeah sure I'm okay!" Jester replied to Rixia as she continued investigating the device, mouthing out every beep and boop that it made. "This is weird, right? Is this like a magical item or something? Pretty cool that I get up a list of people though. Oh wait, that's us, right? Should we...do what the weird device is saying?"

Ghost_Candy Ghost_Candy Funnier President Funnier President Verite Verite Josh Josh HanikamuKitten HanikamuKitten

♦️Cater Diamond♦️

GamblingGoblins GamblingGoblins Capri Capri Takumi98 Takumi98 Verite Verite @anyonelol

When Cater and the others had arrived at the scene of the lab cafe, hell had already broken loose. So much so, that he decided to stand at the entrance and observe. He figured he’d be better off as a wallflower. He also figured the blond girl would appreciate it too, easily scared as she was.

Cater observed many interesting new faces. The old guy, the guy with the big hat, the white haired guy, the green haired guy, an entirely blue person, two different girls with devil-like horns?

There was way too much going on for Cater’s liking. He never was a fan of parties, despite what he may tell people. He preferred a much quieter atmosphere.

Cater tugged on the girl’s arm, which he realized he was still holding on to. “Hey, c’mon. We checked out the place now we should just-“

He didn’t get the chance to finish his sentence before the lights went out. He finally dropped his grip on the girl’s arm when he left something brush past his own.

The lights came on and various noises of confusion broke out from the group. "Oh, a-and is everyone alright? Jester, Mr. Mike? Cater? No one's hurt?"

Cater was thankful for Rixia’s concern of him. “I’m fine. You?” he calmly asked.

He looked down at his fancy new watch. Huh. Some kind of smartwatch. He immediately started poking around with it. It was just like his phone for the most part, except for the fact it had way less apps installed.

Cater glanced through the profiles, taking note of his observations from before and assigning them to the proper profiles. And… he finally had a name for the girl.

“Marie? Sorry you never gave me your name before, but it’s right here. It’s a pretty name.”

And familiar. But he didn’t think he’s ever met a Marie before.

He took another look at the profiles. This would certainly help him decide who to talk to.

Participant #14 Cove Holden Age 18 Ultimate Marine Environmentalist Sweet | Caring | Easily Flustered

Cove was his age, and overall just seemed like a normal guy. He figured if he had a shot making friends with anyone else here it would be him. Besides, he wanted someone that wouldn’t scare the daylights out of poor Marie.

Cater, presumably with Marie in tow, began walking to the green haired boy. He was only able to catch a piece of his conversation.

"H-hey! I'm not that easily flustered!"

Cater could use this. With all the usage of powers he witnessed, he decided to test out his own. Carefully though, he didn’t have a magestone and really didn’t want to risk overblot. He doubted anyone here would know how to handle that.

He waited until he watched as Cove began to leave the cafe. Another boy- Fushi, he recalled- followed suit. Cater pivoted in attempt to get avoid both of them, and with a whisper of the phrase “split card!” there were suddenly two of him.

He followed both of them out towards the center room, happy to leave the loud cafe behind. The quiet meant that Cove and Fushi’s conversation could be heard easily. They were talking about phones. Now Cater was invested.

Cater and his clone jumped on Cove from behind, wrapping their arms around his back, now one Cater on each side of him.

“Were ya talking about phones? Haha! Sorry to interrupt, but Cay-kun couldn’t help but overhear! Wink!”

(yes. he said wink out loud. while winking.)

COVE HOLDEN
Zenterfold Zenterfold Takumi98 Takumi98 HanikamuKitten HanikamuKitten

"EEP!" Cove squeaked out as he was suddenly squeezed by two identical men. Twins?

He blushed fervently, yet quickly wormed his way out of their grasp.

Cove was at a complete loss of words as he stared at Cater and his clone. "U-uhhh, is that how you greet people?"

Unlike the cafeteria and the bedrooms, the other doors within the building had small electronic panels next to them that seemed to require a password or some kind of interaction with the smartwatches. It seemed one could not directly go to the center room without passing by the laboratories that surrounded it. However, if anyone was to approach any of the doors leading to the Chemical Lab, Organic Study, Electrical Room, or the Medical Center, the displays above their doors would flash red.

ERROR

Instability within lab center, likely due to a broken door. Due to possible breach, please proceed to Decontamination for cleaning.

The rooms to the South of the building were then unlocked, including the Toilets, Decontamination, and Laundry Room.

When this message was displayed, it was relayed to everyone's watches and updated their maps.

fs-png.1069059

HanikamuKitten HanikamuKitten Verite Verite themagnoliaofutah themagnoliaofutah @anybodystillinthelabcafe

awate_bk.png"...Ah,"
the blonde murmured dejectedly, her features falling slightly at the revelation that no one present knew of Ren's location. "I understand." For whatever reason, something inside of her had told her that that would be the case, but she'd hoped that her notion was wrong. And honestly, the suggestion that they were in a hospital didn't help a whole lot. She personally wasn't familiar with any sort of medical facilities, given her status as an unwanted peasant girl from ages past, but she did vaguely recall it being a place of concern to Ren.

Regardless, her dismay didn't have long in this world, for the sudden physical contact from Cater startled it out of her in entirety. Marie flinched in surprise, extraordinarily unused to physical contact. She'd experienced it in small degrees since meeting Ren and his friends, but that didn't make it any less startling; especially since Ren himself was the only reason she could be touched without mortifying consequences. And yet, despite that, another part of her shock came from just how familiar his touch was. Why did that gentle warmth feel like something she'd experienced and cherished just yesterday? And... why did she dread the idea of it letting go?

Lost in these strange and entirely unfamiliar thought processes, Marguerite freely allowed Cater to pull her up and lead her toward the cafeteria. She was a little overwhelmed and confused by the bellowing about cupcakes(whatever those were), and the din of the cafeteria itself when they arrived was even more baffling. Awkwardly, she shifted on her bare feet, unconsciously scooting just a little closer to Cater. "Um. Why... do those people seem so angry?" she quietly inquired, a little uncomfortable with the brewing tension in among the group. Naturally, the sudden blackout did little to ease that anxiety, and the girl yelped audibly when she felt the tug on her wrist. On instinct, despite him letting go of her, she reached for Cater in the darkness and clung to.... probably his arm. Unfortunately, if anyone else had happened to be close to them, she might've made a grab at the wrong person.

When the lights came on again, her eyes were wild with confusion and panic. "What--" she softly gasped, though the former mute struggled to find the words she needed to express her dismay. What had just happened? Who had done that, and what was the purpose? She worked to calm down, though her lips were still fixed in a frown as she did her best to answer Rixia's query. "...I'm okay."

"...?"
Hearing her name, she glanced back to Cater through her curtain of hair, a little caught off guard. "Pretty?" she repeated, uncertainly. Did he really think that? How odd. And honestly, there was no time to process that, either, because the notification buzzing against her wrist startled her once more. "No!" Another yelp escaped her as she tried to jump back away from the device, which was naturally a redundant attempt and only led into her awkwardly waving the offended arm around in an effort to shake the thing off. "I-it's attached?!" she cried in terror. She knew what devices with flashing screens did. They explode. She didn't want her arm blown off! But... perhaps it was inevitable. She ought to accept her fate and die with honor. Or as much honor as a visibly terrified and cowering woman could muster, anyway.

Huh. This was taking a while. She kind of expected the explode-y death to come a bit faster.

GamblingGoblins GamblingGoblins , HanikamuKitten HanikamuKitten , Verite Verite
"...central room? Are... we not in the central room?" She was evidently confused by the layout of the place, probably due to the fact that the only surroundings she was really used to were a void and a pane of glass.

She quickly turned her head to look at the panicking girl, concern written on her face. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

Yotsuya, Miko
@EveryoneAround

latest.png
By now, seeing everyone interact with the cafeteria food, Miko was convinced this was a special case—no spirits, just very bizarre appearances. Then again, this whole situation was anything but normal.

Miko had stayed out of the way mostly, unwilling to interrupt some of the more rambunctious and talkative of the group. It was funny how her 'normalness' made her feel like an outlier. When people began introducing themselves, she waited until an opportunity.

"I'm Yotsuya, Miko... I'm a high school student from Japan... And that's it." Well, not all of it, but... though they definitely mentioned sharing their powers with each other, she didn't feel comfortable with that just yet. Perhaps that resulted from having to carry the burden alone back home, but she omitted revealing her spiritual sight. Miko focused her gaze on her untouched tray of food. At least they knew her name now.

View attachment 1070834

View attachment 1070835

-----------------

Fushi
Kagerou's statement caused Fushi's brow to furrow slightly, though he didn't comment.

Some of what Nian was saying didn't make much sense to Fushi, but he felt he understood parts of it.

Fushi smiled at Cove, amused.

"That's fine, I guess it's a lot more complicated than I made it sound, really." He replied, mentally picking up the fact that quite a few here seemed to be immortal or knew someone who was in some form based on how they talked. It was weird, since he was so used to being...alone in that sense. Watching as Cove’s cheese landed on the floor, Fushi took cheese off of another plate and set it on Cove’s.

"Well, no, I-" he started, only to tilt his head at Cove and ask, "what's a movie?"

While Fushi was taking in the revelation of Clementine's words, Power had moved to attack Nico, causing Fushi to rise from his seat quickly.

"Wait a second-" Fushi called out to Power just as Rixia had, moving to try and stand between both Power and Robin but not getting very far just as the room suddenly went dark.

When the lights went out the immortal had considered changing into Gugu's form and lighting a torch, but quickly came to realize that that wasn't the case after feeling something suddenly clamp down on his wrist, startling him briefly.

Fushi's gaze went to his right wrist, greatly confused once the lights were back on.

"Cove, what is this?" He asked motioning to his watch, though kept an eye on Power and Robin in case they butt heads again.

Zenterfold Zenterfold Capri Capri Ghost_Candy Ghost_Candy Verite Verite @Others @LabCafe

[ Kagerou ]

The puppet's eye twitched as he say Nian grab his wrist like he was some misbehaving child. Who the hell did she think she was? Ignoring the brewing chaos going on with everyone else, he had the idea of at least showing up the obnoxious horned woman. There wasn't any traveler or Nahida to hold him back, but he knew to reign it in and not go all out. It wasn't like he could in these circumstances, he just didn't want to let this go.

"Oh I'll give you more than a meaningless food fight," Kagerou shot back a smug look at Nian, activating his Vision and building up swirls of Anemo energy when-

The cafeteria went entirely dark, like they were sent into the Abyss levels of darkness. There was no rhyme or sensibility to this as something clasped at his wrist and had no intentions of letting go. No, it wasn't like that horned lady who was chastising him earlier. It felt more like a tight shackle.

As the lights came back on, Kagerou immediately noticed the new device attached to his other wrist. Bearing aesthetic features that were like the Akasha and the forbidden technology of Khaenri'ah, he was at a loss on what the hell it was.

"Tch, is this some sort of a sick joke?" He grumbles, completely forgetting about the fact that he was going to fight Nian over something so trivial. Eventually from randomly running his fingers for some sort of button on the watch, he blinked in the unexpected surprise of the device turning on. Yeah, he had no idea how this thing really worked.

"Whatever this is, way more advanced than anything that was available in my home world," Kagerou noted audibly, fumbling around through the watch's interface until he managed to navigate his way into the profile list of everyone present.

"What... the fuck? Who does the creator of this device think I am?" He felt a vein pop in his head from the mild offense. Well, he was to be working on his personality and all, but some old habits stick around. Also, Ultimate Wanderer felt more like an insult than a title. Before he could voice his irritation with the device for everyone to hear, a notification popped up on their watches.

A hint of pent up frustration was in his voice. He didn't like the situation at all. It reminded him too much about the majority of his life, being swayed by someone else pulling the puppet strings.

Zenterfold Zenterfold York York Verite Verite Takumi98 Takumi98 Ghost_Candy Ghost_Candy @LabCafe

She had barely processed the lights going out before feeling the watch fastened around her wrist. When she looked at it, she was surprised to find a classic Vacheron Constantin styled watch - except the display was a strange, glowing type of thing she'd never seen before. The little bear at the end of the message caught her off guard too - Mark was clearly being casual with this. Or maybe he was using someone else- the colonel, maybe?

She felt proud to be called the Ultimate Lawyer, though. She hadn't been in office all that long, but - well, she had done her very best.

Nico Robin, Ultimate Former Assassin

"Not quite a contract, and not quite a flower devil" was the only answer Power would receive on that notice...

Well, this was unpleasant. She had hoped that the pink-haired girl would have taken the hint to at least calm things down slightly, but it looks like her bruised pride wouldn't allow it. Quickly crossing her arms, she prepared to manifest several ar-

Oh?

Suddenly, the room was plunged into darkness. Silently sidestepping left incase Power attempted to try anything, she prepared an extra set of arms should she continue to blindly wreak havoc.... but found her right arm suddenly being grasped by something. It couldn't have been the girl as whatever was grasping her certainly didn't feel like her arm.

As the lights turned on, she looked immediately at her arm... to find a strange watch on it, decorated with flower petals. There was something off about them... leaning in closely, she was shocked to find the language of the Poneglyphs inscribed on them. However, they translated into nonsense.. if rather violent nonsense. "bear murder blood pink knife despair" were but a few of the odd phrases she found with a glance. Perhaps she could examine them later, but for now... there was still the issue of a certain pink-haired girl.

"So. Here is the deal I'll offer you. For now, you don't attempt to lash out at me or anyone else present while we investigate. If you want to have a "food fight", go right ahead. Be unruly? Fine. But attempt bodily harm, and well..." Power would feel a sudden weight from her chest. Looking down would reveal that Robin had manifested an arm between her shirt and jacket, and it happened to be in convenient reach of her neck.... vanishing into petals that instant, Robin left the threat hanging in the air.

Listening and viewing from a slightly distance as others used their watches, she attempted to turn hers on. It didn't take her as long as others to figure out the technology, and she was already investigating the map- which was rather bland, as of now. Not much to see. Now at the profiles, she looked across at the profiles, noting diffe-

Ah.

Oh, dear.

Ultimate Former Assassin wasn't exactly a title you wanted. She could think of much better ones to be called. Ultimate Archaeologist sounded much better.

"Well, I see no reason for us to take our mysterious kidnapper wait. Let's get going."

Saying that, Robin casually walked out of the room towards the center area, her stolen pear halfway eaten.

@Labcafe to @Centerroom

COVE HOLDEN
Zenterfold Zenterfold Takumi98 Takumi98 Gummi Bunnies Gummi Bunnies Funnier President Funnier President Ghost_Candy Ghost_Candy @Others

Easily-flustered

Fushi stared down at his own watch. It was plain white and a bit rounded, with little drawings along the band. Fushi felt...sad, realizing that the little drawings were of some of his forms in that familiar style the boy drew in. Along with that sadness was also slight...irritation.

"We don't have smart watches or...phones were I'm from." Fushi replied. He wasn't even completely sure he saw a watch in the last 200 years, now that he thought of it.

At Cove's question regarding Nico, Fushi shrugged.

"I don't know, but as long as they don't hurt each other...or try to again, then I think we'd have an easier time finding answers to this place." He replied, staring down at his screen curiously. He'd feel if someone got hurt, he was sure. Like back in Jananda all those years ago, he didn't want others to get hurt or possibly killed. The thought made him queasy.

Ignoring the feeling, he followed after Cove towards the center room, like the little words on the screen said to. Speaking of...

"Why does that thing look like bread with a face?" He asked, pointing to the little bear emoticon at the end of the odd message they all received.

Capri Capri @Others @LabCafe to Center Room

COVE HOLDEN
Zenterfold Zenterfold Takumi98 Takumi98

"I think that's meant to be a bear," said Cove, "But... you don't have phones where you're from? Really?"

He put a finger to his chin, "There are phones everywhere. Everyone has one where I'm from. It's basically a device that people use to call each other, converse with each other by sending instant messages, take pictures, and like a lot of other stuff, too. As for watches, they're usually just for telling time, but smartwatches do other things, it's like a phone on your wrist,"

"But... wait... where are you from?"

Jester was about to step inbetween the fighting, or sit down and watch what would happen. Sadly, she didn't have any say in the matter as the lights went out and she got something weird on her arm. "Oh? Yeah, yeah sure I'm okay!" Jester replied to Rixia as she continued investigating the device, mouthing out every beep and boop that it made. "This is weird, right? Is this like a magical item or something? Pretty cool that I get up a list of people though. Oh wait, that's us, right? Should we...do what the weird device is saying?"

Ghost_Candy Ghost_Candy Funnier President Funnier President Verite Verite Josh Josh HanikamuKitten HanikamuKitten

♦️Cater Diamond♦️

GamblingGoblins GamblingGoblins Capri Capri Takumi98 Takumi98 Verite Verite @anyonelol

When Cater and the others had arrived at the scene of the lab cafe, hell had already broken loose. So much so, that he decided to stand at the entrance and observe. He figured he’d be better off as a wallflower. He also figured the blond girl would appreciate it too, easily scared as she was.

Cater observed many interesting new faces. The old guy, the guy with the big hat, the white haired guy, the green haired guy, an entirely blue person, two different girls with devil-like horns?

There was way too much going on for Cater’s liking. He never was a fan of parties, despite what he may tell people. He preferred a much quieter atmosphere.

Cater tugged on the girl’s arm, which he realized he was still holding on to. “Hey, c’mon. We checked out the place now we should just-“

He didn’t get the chance to finish his sentence before the lights went out. He finally dropped his grip on the girl’s arm when he left something brush past his own.

The lights came on and various noises of confusion broke out from the group. "Oh, a-and is everyone alright? Jester, Mr. Mike? Cater? No one's hurt?"

Cater was thankful for Rixia’s concern of him. “I’m fine. You?” he calmly asked.

He looked down at his fancy new watch. Huh. Some kind of smartwatch. He immediately started poking around with it. It was just like his phone for the most part, except for the fact it had way less apps installed.

Cater glanced through the profiles, taking note of his observations from before and assigning them to the proper profiles. And… he finally had a name for the girl.

“Marie? Sorry you never gave me your name before, but it’s right here. It’s a pretty name.”

And familiar. But he didn’t think he’s ever met a Marie before.

He took another look at the profiles. This would certainly help him decide who to talk to.

Participant #14 Cove Holden Age 18 Ultimate Marine Environmentalist Sweet | Caring | Easily Flustered

Cove was his age, and overall just seemed like a normal guy. He figured if he had a shot making friends with anyone else here it would be him. Besides, he wanted someone that wouldn’t scare the daylights out of poor Marie.

Cater, presumably with Marie in tow, began walking to the green haired boy. He was only able to catch a piece of his conversation.

"H-hey! I'm not that easily flustered!"

Cater could use this. With all the usage of powers he witnessed, he decided to test out his own. Carefully though, he didn’t have a magestone and really didn’t want to risk overblot. He doubted anyone here would know how to handle that.

He waited until he watched as Cove began to leave the cafe. Another boy- Fushi, he recalled- followed suit. Cater pivoted in attempt to get avoid both of them, and with a whisper of the phrase “split card!” there were suddenly two of him.

He followed both of them out towards the center room, happy to leave the loud cafe behind. The quiet meant that Cove and Fushi’s conversation could be heard easily. They were talking about phones. Now Cater was invested.

Cater and his clone jumped on Cove from behind, wrapping their arms around his back, now one Cater on each side of him.

“Were ya talking about phones? Haha! Sorry to interrupt, but Cay-kun couldn’t help but overhear! Wink!”

(yes. he said wink out loud. while winking.)

COVE HOLDEN
Zenterfold Zenterfold Takumi98 Takumi98 HanikamuKitten HanikamuKitten

"EEP!" Cove squeaked out as he was suddenly squeezed by two identical men. Twins?

He blushed fervently, yet quickly wormed his way out of their grasp.

Cove was at a complete loss of words as he stared at Cater and his clone. "U-uhhh, is that how you greet people?"

Unlike the cafeteria and the bedrooms, the other doors within the building had small electronic panels next to them that seemed to require a password or some kind of interaction with the smartwatches. It seemed one could not directly go to the center room without passing by the laboratories that surrounded it. However, if anyone was to approach any of the doors leading to the Chemical Lab, Organic Study, Electrical Room, or the Medical Center, the displays above their doors would flash red.

ERROR

Instability within lab center, likely due to a broken door. Due to possible breach, please proceed to Decontamination for cleaning.

The rooms to the South of the building were then unlocked, including the Toilets, Decontamination, and Laundry Room.

When this message was displayed, it was relayed to everyone's watches and updated their maps.

fs-png.1069059

HanikamuKitten HanikamuKitten Verite Verite themagnoliaofutah themagnoliaofutah @anybodystillinthelabcafe

View attachment 1070984"...Ah," the blonde murmured dejectedly, her features falling slightly at the revelation that no one present knew of Ren's location. "I understand." For whatever reason, something inside of her had told her that that would be the case, but she'd hoped that her notion was wrong. And honestly, the suggestion that they were in a hospital didn't help a whole lot. She personally wasn't familiar with any sort of medical facilities, given her status as an unwanted peasant girl from ages past, but she did vaguely recall it being a place of concern to Ren.

Regardless, her dismay didn't have long in this world, for the sudden physical contact from Cater startled it out of her in entirety. Marie flinched in surprise, extraordinarily unused to physical contact. She'd experienced it in small degrees since meeting Ren and his friends, but that didn't make it any less startling; especially since Ren himself was the only reason she could be touched without mortifying consequences. And yet, despite that, another part of her shock came from just how familiar his touch was. Why did that gentle warmth feel like something she'd experienced and cherished just yesterday? And... why did she dread the idea of it letting go?

Lost in these strange and entirely unfamiliar thought processes, Marguerite freely allowed Cater to pull her up and lead her toward the cafeteria. She was a little overwhelmed and confused by the bellowing about cupcakes(whatever those were), and the din of the cafeteria itself when they arrived was even more baffling. Awkwardly, she shifted on her bare feet, unconsciously scooting just a little closer to Cater. "Um. Why... do those people seem so angry?" she quietly inquired, a little uncomfortable with the brewing tension in among the group. Naturally, the sudden blackout did little to ease that anxiety, and the girl yelped audibly when she felt the tug on her wrist. On instinct, despite him letting go of her, she reached for Cater in the darkness and clung to.... probably his arm. Unfortunately, if anyone else had happened to be close to them, she might've made a grab at the wrong person.

When the lights came on again, her eyes were wild with confusion and panic. "What--" she softly gasped, though the former mute struggled to find the words she needed to express her dismay. What had just happened? Who had done that, and what was the purpose? She worked to calm down, though her lips were still fixed in a frown as she did her best to answer Rixia's query. "...I'm okay."

"...?"
Hearing her name, she glanced back to Cater through her curtain of hair, a little caught off guard. "Pretty?" she repeated, uncertainly. Did he really think that? How odd. And honestly, there was no time to process that, either, because the notification buzzing against her wrist startled her once more. "No!" Another yelp escaped her as she tried to jump back away from the device, which was naturally a redundant attempt and only led into her awkwardly waving the offended arm around in an effort to shake the thing off. "I-it's attached?!" she cried in terror. She knew what devices with flashing screens did. They explode. She didn't want her arm blown off! But... perhaps it was inevitable. She ought to accept her fate and die with honor. Or as much honor as a visibly terrified and cowering woman could muster, anyway.

Huh. This was taking a while. She kind of expected the explode-y death to come a bit faster.

GamblingGoblins GamblingGoblins , HanikamuKitten HanikamuKitten , Verite Verite
"...central room? Are... we not in the central room?" She was evidently confused by the layout of the place, probably due to the fact that the only surroundings she was really used to were a void and a pane of glass.

She quickly turned her head to look at the panicking girl, concern written on her face. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

Nian
Zenterfold Zenterfold GamblingGoblins GamblingGoblins Verite Verite Takumi98 Takumi98 Ghost_Candy Ghost_Candy HanikamuKitten HanikamuKitten Verite Verite themagnoliaofutah themagnoliaofutah Gummi Bunnies Gummi Bunnies @LabCafe

At Clementine's words, Nian actually seemed to reconsider her idea of 'fun', lowering her bowl as she thought for a moment.

qRsbWek.png

"Weeell... You're probably right. Food's not gonna last us forever, so we should make the most of it right-...?" She said, then... Seemed to swivel towards Kagerou as he prepared to... Try to blow her away, a nigh feral grin on her face.

"Oh? You're on! Just no kill-... ... Hey! Who killed the lights?!"

She cried, as soon as everything went dark.

With a huff, she snapped her fingers, causing one of her hands to begin, literally burning, unveiling red scales as she created a light source to look around.

It was then that she noticed that strange device on her wrist, to which she quirked a brow.

"... Hmm... That's new. Handy, but... I bet there's a catch. These things are on tight." She mused.

Seeing the others start to filter out of the Cafeteria, she decided to go help wrangle any stragglers, just as a safety precaution.

"Hey... You there... Blo-... Wait..." She quickly flipped through the interface on her watch, settling on a profile that seemed to match the appearance of the woman who seemed to be in a daze.

"Ah! Marie. Let's get going. Before we-... Huh..." She frowned, seeming to realize something about Marie in that moment.

"You look... Shell-shocked as they'd say. Like a Terran soldier up north... Who's seen much more than their mind could handle. What gives? Did you see something when the lights went out...?" Her tone seemed to change from her usually playful, almost carefree one, to something more resembling actual concern.

Though she didn't know exactly what was wrong, she had a feeling it was best to get to the bottom of it... Before she followed the others to that center room...

There was a double-take though, as she noted the mention of 'decontamination'.

She just hoped it wasn't for something as dangerous as oripathy...​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back