• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Family

Lawrance was on his way home from having lunch with his sister in the hospital when he decided to go look at furniture for his new house that was almost done. He parked in the parking structure then made his way to the elevator and waked to the outdoor mall enjoying the fresh air and the fact he was having a good day. He browsed in the windows of ships as he passed and even stepped into a small China store to look at a tea set for his sister as a gift then into a baby store for the same reason seing as she had her second set of twins on the way. He was in a good mood.

The two shops were fairly close together in a part of downtown along with a variety of other family-owned businesses. It was the kind of place people walked their dogs and sat on public benches to rest and chat. The whole street was bustling but not so much so that it would be a hassle to browse.

A few blocks away, some were having their strolls interrupted by someone running through the streets. They were constantly looking behind them and and pushing people aside. After several minutes of sprinting, this lithe person found a lucky reprieve within a small antique shop. There was so much stuff in this small space, she found an easy hiding place further back. Their legs felt... weaker now.

Lawrance bought several baby outfits then he moved on and saw an antique store he hadn't been in before, he entered and began looking around loosing track of time. He saw some cool things then he hurd somthing, somone breathing and he whent on high alert scanning the shop until he was it, a child, most likly a boy, hiding. He whent over and took a knee infront of the child before saying "hello, whats your name?" Trying not to frighten them.

The young man, it seemed, gasped and looked up at him. He was about 16 or 17 years old and wearing raggedy clothes. A large hoody, covered their torso with the hood up and covering their head. "Sh!" He seemed to plead with the man desperately to not make a sound. "D-don't look at me!" A quiet and frantic whisper came from them. They quickly looked towards the door and started to crawl away to another hiding place.

Lawrance saw they wherent a child and made a split second decision based in instinct. "Trust me" he said just lowed enough for the child to head then stood up and pulled the kid with them and hurried out of the shop "Where have you been, Lisa's been worried. We all assumed you where in GameSpot. Your mums having a fit, you know how she gets" Lawrance said as they hurred along then he pulled them both into a famly bathroom and locked the door. Then he dropped the act "Ok. What's going on, are you ok? Because that's not just a I did somthing stupid and my parents are going to kill me look".

There was a startled gasp as they were pulled from the floor. Immediately there was some resistance but this man had a reasonable grip on their hand. The man started to go on about a mum and Game stop.. what was he doing?? "I-" He turned to look behind him and thought against saying anything out loud. It seemed so fast that he was pulled into a bathroom but when the door was locked, they felt trapped.

"...." They didn't say anything to the man's question, just stared at him with the same startled expression from before. He however started inching towards the door.

"Hey, are you alright? Why are you so scared? I mean I know I probably started you but you where hiding in fear, why? I can't help if I don't know whats going on" Lawrance said then shook his head and said "Alright, that was a lot but Hey, I'm Lawrance, I'm sorry I scared you but clearly something is wrong and I want to help" he showed both his hands to the kid as he spoke showing he ment no harm.

The young man looked down at his hands and back up to his face. It wasn't a moment longer before his expression looked downward and in frantic thought.

"What do I do?" He couldn't just leave! “I... I need to go!” He stammered and made a break for the door.

Lawrance sighed and steped aside to let the kid leave again. There wasn't anything he cound do if the kid didn't want his help. He had tried tho and that was the best he cound do he soposed. He wished he coud do more tho.

It was then that the kid froze before taking a slow step back. The door handle was making rickety sounds as someone tried to open the door.

After a moment’s hesitation, the young man turned around. He didn’t have to say anything. His expression pleaded for help.

"Occupied" Lawrance called and then held his finger to his lips looking at the boy. He needed to not speek but Lawrance did move his jacket enough to show the child he was armed he mouthed "Its ok. Your safe with me" then he tuned back to the door again incase there was a response.

Whoever was at the door didn’t respond and seemed to have left.

The gun made the kid give this man a wide eyed look. Could he really be trusted. They were stuck between a rock and a hard place.. this was their only option. There was a hesitant nod given to the man then.

"Ok, so...you want to tell me what's going on?" Lawrance wispered incase the other person was still there. "And no. I'm not going to shoot you, the gun is for self defense"

“I-I...” He couldn’t get the words out. Their head started shaking as they looked down. “P-please... I just need to hide..” they grabbed their baggy hoody and twisted it in their hands. He had sweat coming down his forehead now and even though he had had some time to catch his breath, he panted still. Now that there was time for a reprieve, his skin looked somewhat pale and his cheeks had sunken in. Hands trembled some now they nervously gripped the fabric of the hoody. The hoody was dirty and had patches that were roughed up... and blood stains. There were small blood stains on the stomach where he'd been touching it.

Last edited:
"Ok...ok" Lawrance said and nodded then "wait here, I'm going to go get clean cloths and some soap for you so you can blend in better....are are you bleeding?" He asked noticing the blood all of a sudden.

"....." The kid looked down and turned their palms upward. In the center of his palms, cuts lined the bigger creases. Dried blood stained the area surrounding them. The expression on the mysterious kid's face turned to shock. Before they could look at them any further, the kid clenched his hands and gripped his hoody again in what looked like embarrassment. "I-I-It's nothing.." He said quietly and looked down at his feet.

The fact this stranger was offering to do so much for him confused the kid some. However it was much better than the alternative. There was nothing else that came to mind anyway other than running out of a back door or window. If there even was one..

"Wait here, I'll be back as fast as I can, and I'll bring first aid stuff, uh, would, er do you have any requests for clothes? Dress, scurt, maxi scurt, pants, shorts, romper, t-shirt, blouse, ummm, undergarments? Oh. And your size, atlest shooe size?" Lawrance asked trying to think and not wanting to get the kids gener orientation wring.

"I... just something big..", the kid said, "I just want to get out.." Their expression started to look very tired now as they rubbed their face.

"Ok, uh...is a dress ok?" Lawrance said then "I'm sorry, I don't want to make you uncomfortable and you look exhausted, um. Maybe scratch that plan and we high tail it to my truck insted and you can shower then barow some cloths at my house and we can order pizza because you must be hungry, you like pizza right?" Lawrance said nurvice and wishing wolf wasn't sick this week.

The kid shook his head vigorously. Once he heard about leaving though, he lifted his head. There was a nervous nod then as they looked up. As far as pizza went, if it was food, he'd eat it. "You don't... work for them do you?" Another nervous question came trembling out of his mouth. There was a soft cough that surprised him then which he quickly stifled. Now he had to lean against the wall to stand. He was so tired all of a sudden..

"I work as a bartender weeknights" Lawrance said then "How about I carry you to the car, is that alright? You look about to collapse. I live about half an hour from here and you can nap on the drive"

The kid's brow furrowed as this stranger explained what they did on the weekends. "N-no.." He stood up straight again and got closer to the door. "Is someone still there?" He whispered still. His frame was tense and rigid as he approached the man. He prayed he wouldn't have to run from this man too. "Please... please don't let this be a mistake."

This man didn't smell like them. There was a difference they couldn't put their finger on or articulate. His eyes slowly blinked now. It was getting harder to focus now too.

Lawrance reached out and cought the kid who looked about ready to collapse "Hey, look. I really think I should carry you. Your about to fall over, do you want me to take you to the hospital? Or just my house?"

The young man flinched though when he refocused his vision and saw hands coming towards him. "N-" There was a step back in hesitation. "No.. no hospital! Just.. I don't know.. I need to get away from here." His jaw tensed as he swallowed hard. "No one can find me.. please.." The boy now pleaded.

Lawrance nodded and picked the child up and held them to his chest before heading to his Truck. He put the kid in the passenger seat and bucked them in before closing the door and puting his things in the back seat then he got in and started the engine and pulled out "Your safe, your gona be ok" he promised as he drove off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back