• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Family Ties

She frowned and shook her head. “No. He hurt mommy.” She told him and held onto him tightly.

He frowned and shrugged looking to Lilith. “Where we going kiddo?” He asked her quietly

Hvitserk frowned softly and shook his head some "Listen Lulu, I know he may be stinky but I promise you and know for a fact he would never hurt your mommy." He told her seriously "He saved her life bringing her here."

Max smiled as Lilith said she wanted her favorite pizza place "Ooo I've never eaten there. Is it good?"

Bill paused and turned to look at her. “I don’t know… Lilith… what pizza place you talking about cause we’ve never gone out for pizza before.” He chuckled. They’d only ever ordered pizza.

Carmen started coming around a few hours later, still feeling really dizzy but frowned some seeing Ubbe sat with Lulu on his lap chatting with her, just feeling confused and not remembering much.

Lilith gasped and pouted "The one we pass all the time daddy remember?! With the games?" She said pointing in the direction of Chuckee Cheese.

Ubbe smiled softly as Lulu sat with him chatting a bit. She had finally warmed up to him and he was giving Hvitserk a break so he and Amma could get dinner "Really now? Your favorite color is purple? I like purple too." He said softly

She frowned and reached over, her hand slipping a bit but managing to lightly tap his knee.

He grimaced a little and sighed. “Tell you what, I’ll strike a deal. We can go to the arcade, but let’s have lunch somewhere else.” He begged her “it’s not good food kiddo.”

Ubbe looked up when he felt something tap his knee. He went wide eyed and smiled even wider seeing her awake "Lulu, why don't you turn around." He said softly smiling more when the little squealed 'Mommy!' And tried to get on the bed.

Max laughed as Lilith thought long and hard about his offer. Ultimately, she did take him up on it and they found themselves at a small italian diner as a compromise.

Carmen smiled a little trying to reach for her little girl and let her snuggle in close “I feel really woozy… what happened?” She asked him quietly, stroking lulus hair out her face slowly and just kept laying back.

Bill sighed tiredly once they were sat down and Lilith had insisted on sitting next to max but she was colouring quietly now and he glanced over the menu. “Are you okay to stay at the penthouse tonight? I think I have another late one. My cousin is busy so he needs me to run things tonight.” He told her

Max smiled softly as she looked over the menu and gave a small nod to Bill "Yeah that shouldn't be a problem. Will it be okay if I lay in the guest room?" She asked softly

Ubbe frowned softly "You lost a lot of blood. They're trying to find a donor match so you can get a transfusion." He explained softly he didn't want to get into any kind of gritty details with Lulu there

She frowned and just gave him a thumbs up, not even attempting to nod, seeing Amma walk in to take Lulu home anyway. “See you later pumpkin. Give teddy kisses from me okay?” She mumbled, quite glad they were taking her out of here. She sighed a little when it was just her and Ubbe left. “It’s deja vu… from moms ‘accident’. Last time you wouldn’t even look at me though. Couldn’t face telling me…” She trailed off as she got sleepy, reaching for his hand for comfort while she was out of it.

He nodded and smiled some. “Yeah that’s fine…. Lilith you know what you want?” He asked her quietly, watching her a little and not able to help thinking about the fact he needed a break from being a dad. Needing a holiday away for a bit. But he would wait til school started up again

Ubbe frowned softly as he took her hand in his giving a small nod "Yeah...." he said quietly before kissing her hand gently "I'm not leaving you side." He whispered before she fell asleep. He sighed heavily rubbing a hand over his face

Max smiled softly when Lilith pointed to the kids pizza "Pizza daddy! I want pizza!" She said excitedly before turning her paper over and showing her coloring "Look daddy! I got it in the lines!" She looked over at Bill who was doing his best to nod happily but she could tell he was tired. It was hard beimg a single parent, she knew that, and she hoped he wouldn't get burnt out soon.

He sighed quietly and watched her some, chatting with max here and there until they eventually ended up back at home, getting Lilith down for the night as they’d been at the arcade far too long as well, going to sit for an hour before he needed to leave for work. He looked over at max when she came and sat in the lounge as well, frowning some “Her mom died when she was two.” He explained as the heavy tension had been sitting there since before lunch

Margrethe called him for the tenth time since last night, knowing he was safe st least but still freaking out over where he was and whether he was coming home anytime soon. “Ubbe!” She yelped a little when he finally answered. “Where have you been?! I’ve been trying to call you since last night. Hvitserk said you were all held up what’s going on?” She asked him worriedly

Max sat with him in the lounge after their time out and gave a small smile as she watched him. She frowned softly when he mentioned Lilith's mother "Lilith told me she had gone to Valhalla...I'm sorry Bill." She said softly before scooting a little closer and placing a comforting hand on his knee.

Ubbe frowned when he noticed his phone going off again. He sighed heavily and got up to take it once he knew Carmen was asleep. He listened to Margrethe "I'm alright. We had a girl get stabbed outside of the club. She's a friend of Hvitserk's and mine. We're watching and making sure she is okay." He explained quietly

He sighed a little. “We weren’t together anymore by that point. In fact we were never really in a serious relationship. But she was a great mom. And I work such crazy hours to be raising a kid… I love my daughter. But I’m not cut out to be a father.”

She sighed a little in relief. “Okay… as long as you are okay.” She told him quietly. “Come home when you can alright? I’ll get some soup and a sandwich done for you and you can get some rest.” She told him.

Max frowned softly as she listened to him more "Even if that is what you think, you're still here for her, and that says a lot." She said quietly before squeezing his hand gently "In time you'll fall into the role a bit easier. Its a lot to juggle, especially when you're a single parent." She explained quietly before leaning forward and giving his cheek a friendly peck "You're doing a good job Bill."

Ubbe gave a small smile and nodded "Will do, see you soon." He said quietly. It was times like that, that he remembered why he loved Margrethe. Though he just wished she was like that all the time for him.

-2 years-
Carmen woke up early and just lay there, staring at the ceiling. The past two years had been great, her and Ubbe were back to being good friends and she’d finally been able to quit the club and work at a salon. Lulu was happy and doing good. Only one thing was ruining it and it was the problem that she had fallen in love with Ubbe all over again but today was the day he was getting married.

Bill rolled over in bed and pulled max in close, burying his face into her hair. “Morning.” He grumbled a little, holding onto her tightly. It had been six months after starting over that max had finally given in to dating him and the past year and a half had been wonderful. She was finally close to moving in with him now and he was excited as well as nervous about having to share a bedroom permanently with someone.

Max smiled softly as she cuddled up close to Bill. After a year and a half of being with him she was beyond happy. She knew she loved him and she was excited to move in, but she could tell Bill was nervous. It was a big step for him and Lilith, so she understood the hesitation but she only hoped he wouldn't change his mind.

Ubbe took a deep breath as he looked himself over in his tux. He shook his head some trying to get his nerves down but something felt wrong. Two years had gone by since Carmen's accident. In that time he had grown close to Carmen and Lulu, it was with them where he felt most at peace. He knew he loved her, he knew he wanted her, but today was his wedding to Margrethe and he was wrestling with his emotions.

He sighed quietly and just yawned. “We have the wedding to go to today… we should probably get up.” He mumbled, kissing her head and pulled himself out of bed, going to get Lilith up as well, a little nervous to have max around his whole family for the first time.

Bjorn was the one standing with him, watching his younger brother a little. “What are you thinking?” He asked him. He knew how hard it had been on Ubbe when she walked out. And he had always known margrethe was just filling that space. Not helping it.

Max laughed lightly and nodded softly kissing his cheek before she got up and ready to go. She gasped lightly when Lilith came down in her beautiful dress "Oh Lilith you look beautiful!" She said happily "Come here, let me do your hair real quick." She murmured

Ubbe frowned softly at Bjorn "I'm thinking how Margrethe is a good woman.." he said quietly taking a deep breath "But my heart is not there. I'm still in love with Carmen."

He nodded and leaned back, “So will you marry margrethe and drag her along for longer? Or are you going to go see her? Ask her?” He questioned. “How do you feel when you’re going to see Carmen? And then how do you feel when you come home to margrethe?” He asked.

Bill had mostly thrown himself together and headed downstairs to see his girls. “Right ladies… are we ready?” He asked, slipping an arm around maxs waist.

Ubbe frowned more as he listenes to his father and gave a heavy sigh "I feel at peace, happieness when going to Carmen. Margrethe I feel drained." He muttered before taking a deep breath "What if she doesn't love me?"

Max nodded happily and smiled at him "Yeah we are." She said happily watching as Lilith tried to get his attention "Tell Lilith how pretty she looks." She whispered quietly to him knowing she wanted him to say how nice she looked

“I got her dressed. I know she looks good. Cause I am stylish.” He chuckled and picked her up, taking her down to the taxi he’d booked.

Bjorn shrugged again “Then there’s women out there who don’t feel like you’re drained at the thought of going home. What you got to lose?” He muttered, holding out his car keys to Ubbe

Max rolled her eyes laughing softly as Lilith squealed when he picked her up "So is your family a rowdy bunch?"

Ubbe chuckled quietly and gave a small nod. He took the car keys and left quickly speeding over to Carmen's place.

He chuckled and nodded. “I would say so. You’ve already met Alex and my father.. the rest are the same. And the cousins are even worse.” He pointed out.

Carmen frowned some hearing the banging on the front door, making her way to answer it while Lulu had her snacks and did her homework in the kitchen, frowning more seeing Ubbe stood there. “What the hell are you doing here right now Ubbe? I was just about to leave to come down to the wedding.” She told him, feowning

Max laughed lightly and gave a small nod before kissing him gently "I think your father and Alex are pretty tame." She said before getting the car with him

Ubbe grabbed her face and kissed her lovingly as she answered the door "I love you, I'm in love with you. I never stopped and I cannot marry Margrethe knowing I belong to you." He admits quickly staring into her eyes hoping he hadn't lost his chance.

She stood in shock, staring at him and trying to process what was happening. “Ubbe I.. I know we’ve got close again but I don’t want you thinking I’m the same as when we were younger.” She frowned, wanting to say yes but even two years in she was still scared that her father would find them. She glanced down though when she felt something hit her legs and saw Lulu there grinning up at Ubbe, starting to think about how much of a father figure he was becoming to her.

He shrugged. “What do you think of uncle Ivar kiddo?” He asked Lilith and chuckled watching her go wide eyed. ‘He crazy!’, she told 5hem and bill nodded. “There you go.” He smiled at max, reaching across the back of the seats to hold maxs hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back