• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Chase Zegarra

1619993452445.pngAdam’s reaction to Michael choosing to spend time in church didn’t surprise Chase in the least. “I know you, man,” he chuckled. “If you had said anything different, I would have choked on my beer!” Taking a swig of his drink, his eyes moved away from Adam and he shrugged again. “Anyway, I don’t think Michael has a lot of mates. He’s a quiet kid, stays out of trouble even without church. If you ever wondered what I was like at his age, you just have to look at him!”

Jasmine then painted for him a mental image of their son preaching to them, and he had to join in her laughter. The situation was purely hypothetical, of course, but he sincerely hoped that if Michael did ever find God that it wouldn’t come between them. Joking aside, Chase was pleased to know that Adam and Jasmine would support him. He had always been an introspective child who took things to heart and they all knew that. Chase saw a lot of himself in his son, particularly when he had been that age - behind the blank expressions, he could hear the cogs turning in his mind, processing everything internally rather than verbalising his thoughts. He didn’t think there was a way to truly get Michael to understand just how similar they were in that respect, but hoped that it wouldn’t matter, as long as he could recognise the functions of his son’s introverted personality.

On the subject of Adam’s life, Chase was pleasantly surprised to hear the man was doing so well. Whenever the mob was shaken by an event like the shooting of Matthew Moore, it often fell upon people like Chase and Adam to work longer hours while security was increased. The extra effort could take its toll, yet Adam seemed remarkably upbeat. Chase nodded, a smile forming on his face as he wondered if there was a particular reason for his cheerful mood. Maybe he was just feeling fulfilled, considering his work was going well. “Well, that’s good, you deserve some time to relax,” he smiled, raising his bottle towards him. “I’ll have to come by the gym and try out the new upgrades. You need someone who won’t sue you if something falls apart!”

His curiosity was raised when Jasmine prompted Adam to expand on his brief reply, suggesting that she knew something more. Chase looked to her with a puzzled smile and as soon as she informed him that Adam had invited Blake over for a ‘romantic date’, he turned back to his friend with eyebrows raised. “And I thought you dressed up for me,” he tutted, failing to hold back a grin at the man’s blushing. He wasn’t sure he’d ever seen that look on him before. It didn’t surprise him when he objected to the use of the word ‘date’, since the man didn’t typically pursue romantic ventures. Equally surprising to him was the fact that it was Blake he was interested in. Not being especially close to her, Chase didn’t see the way she grieved her late husband, but he remembered the night he was killed like it happened yesterday. It had understandably had a devastating effect on her, as she had remained single ever since.

Seeing the glow on his cheeks and the effort he had put into his appearance, Chase was tempted to tease the man, but he restrained himself for the time being. Although he only ever brought up Adam’s romantic life as a joke, deep down he was keen to see the man in a loving relationship someday. The last thing he wanted was to put him off the idea or mistake his teasing for a lack of support. Instead, he let his smile soften. “I didn’t know you felt this way about her, asere,” he lightly commented. “It’s just a surprise, that’s all. A good surprise, of course, but...I mean, you don’t want to make a big deal about it but this is kind of big, right? I haven’t seen anyone make you blush like that in God knows how long.” He chuckled lightly, but let his amusement drop soon enough as he genuinely wondered what had changed in Adam to make him consider getting involved with Blake. “You been thinking about trading in the bachelor life for something more? Or is it all unexpected for you, too?”

Given his macho personality, it made sense to Chase that Adam would act nonchalant about it and not want to make a fuss about a date - but for her sake, he had to make sure that he knew what he was doing. “Blake has been on her own since she was widowed, right?” he asked, lowering his voice slightly. “If this is her first date, then I’m glad it’s with you. I know you haven’t been a big relationships guy in the past, but you’re a good man and you’ll respect her. If you don’t, I’ll kick your ass. And so will Jasmine. In fact, there’ll probably be a queue...” He took another swig of his beer before glancing back at his friend. “You may not want to call this a big deal, so we can act cool about it if you want. As long as you’re aware it’s probably a big deal for her.”

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray Adam, Jasmine, Emilia & Safia

Bellz Bellz Blake (mentioned)

Blake McCarthy
Natasha McCarthy

The Sullivan Home

~Sutton, Dublin~
Black dress white background .png
Blake smirked slightly as Leo insisted that he didn't forget about dinner with Natasha, watching as Ali rolled her eyes at her son before turning to look at Blake who also rolled her eyes at the young man's insistence. Blake and Natasha went back and forth as the young woman teased her about her date before Ali chimed in, saying that it was sweet that both of the McCarthy girls were going on a date. Blake and Natasha both groaned lightly, their cheeks red as tomatoes before Leo insisted that Nat and he were just going to dinner. Looking to see what Natasha thought of that, Blake found her daughter's face to be unreadable as she nodded her head in agreement with Leo before rolling her eyes. "The only one who's going to make us late is you if you don't hurry and get dressed." Natasha berated him again before pointing towards the exit.

Once he was out of the room, Blake looked to her daughter and Ali with a smirk on her face. "Boys are so clueless. That's why I always secretly hoped you'd be a lesbian." Blake told her daughter to which Natasha smacked her mother's arm playfully. "As fun as that sounds, I like boys, mam. Deal with it." She said before moving to give her mother a kiss on the cheek. "Have a good time with Adam tonight, let me know if your date turns into a sleepover." She teased running off quickly before her mother could yell at her for being inappropriate. Blake rolled her eyes and groaned once more before turning to Ali. "I might need something stiff to deal with what my daughter just said. What do you have that won't get me too hammered to drive?" She asked lightly before standing to help herself to one of the many liquor cabinets in the house.

Once she settled on a drink, she brought the bottle to the table and poured a little bit in her empty glass. "Why the hell am I so nervous about this?" She asked Ali suddenly. "I mean, I'm a grown-ass woman who's been on plenty of dates in the past! Why do I feel like I'm going to somehow screw this up?" Moving to take a long sip of her drink, she made a slight face at the taste of it before sighing. "I feel like a teenager again...and I don't like it." She said with a stiff laugh. Looking at the time, Blake knew she would need to head out soon. "Where the heck is your boy toy? Wasn't the meeting he had supposed to end a little bit ago??"
with: Ali + Leo Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

~Riker's Island: Bradley Beckett & James Edwards~spider-man-mcu-sony-tom-holland.jpgBradley and James continued to take their breather, as both men were still winded from the altercation that they had been swept up in early into their free time in the courtyard. Bradley couldn't help but wonder why he was jumped within his first thirty minutes of being in Riker's Island. If anything, it made him regreat stealing that car more then he already is. Nonetheless, he was still rather shocked that a complete stranger stuck up for him and even defended him against the other prisoners that were attacking him. On the other hand, James was just waiting for a Prison Guard to come over and handcuff him for what happened, but so far none had approached. Another thing that the younger prisoner would notice is the Navy SEAL Trident tattoo that was on James' Forearm. Having learned about the SpecOps group in High School, he was a little shocked that one would end up in a place like Riker's Island. Couldn't he escape if he really wanted though? Probably best not to ask. No one likes a nosey person.

_methode_times_prod_web_bin_5e82f004-5e17-11ea-b7c6-f147bdd17b5b.jpgIt wasn't long until they were joined by another Inmate. At first, Bradley flinched, but James wasn't phased. It would take a lot to scare him, especially with all the fucked up shit that he has seen as a Navy SEAL. But Riker's Island is probably filled with a bunch of fucked up surprises anyway. Although James had seen this man around before, they had never fully interacted, mainly because James was a Solitary person and kept to himself, staying out of the gang-related ordeals as his sentence slowly progressed. Well, until today, because he wasn't about to leave a kid get beaten up, especially now that he knew that it was only his first day.
Nicholas said:
"That was quite the display."
James looked up at the inmate who had joined them, granted he was standing a few feet away. "Thanks. Kinda was hoping I wouldn't have to do that...But I wasn't gonna be leaving a kid to get beaten up." James responded, scratching his beard.
Nicholas said:
"Either you already did something to piss them off, or they saw you as an easy target, kid. With the Top Dog having his visitation, they took the opportunity to pounce while they could."
Once he made eye contact with the other Inmate, Bradley kinda frowned, because he was still winded from being beaten up. "There's no way I pissed them off in my first thirty minutes in this place." He said, agreeing with James' earlier statement that they probably saw him as an easy target.

e1e055b20868a37920f7a4d86b9c8ba3.jpgFinally, James was able to put a name on the face. Nicholas Ramsey. Soon after, he started telling Bradley that James wasn't going to always be there for him and advised him to make the right friends as quickly as possible, even telling him who the 'Top Dog' was and how he did not like seeing someone his age getting beat up and how the man was a Father himself. Bradley looked over at his new friend uneasily. James returned a slightly reassuring look. "If you're worried about going to see the Top Dog alone, I'll go with you. Ramsey here might think that I won't always have your back." He looked over at the other gentleman. "But I'm looking to prove him wrong. If I don't have your back, kid, my Brothers would be disappointed." He said, referring to his Navy SEAL Unit as the younger man saw his Navy SEAL Trident.

Bradley scratched the back of his head. While he did make a new friend rather fast, and with a former SpecOps Soldier no less, he was going to take Ramsey's advice and go see the Top Dog. "When its not visitation time for him, where can I find the Top Dog?" He exchanged a quick glance with James. "And big man's coming with."

Misty Gray Misty Gray (Nicholas Ramsey) (James Porter -Mentioned) Pyroclast Pyroclast (Kurt Reznik - Indirectly Mentioned)

Last edited:
Roxie Carriveau
Julia Avvocata

Roxie Carriveau's Residence

~ Ashtown, Dublin ~
Blue eyed smoking .png
Roxie didn't possess the energy to fight with Ricky when he had accused her home of smelling like an ashtray. She was sure it smelled horrible but her nose had grown accustomed to the disgusting smell as soon as she started smoking more than a pack a day. She leaned back against the couch she was sitting on and listened closely as Ricky said that there were a few possibilities as to who could be behind the shooting. Hearing that people within their own organization were against her being in charge made her scoff lightly as she brought her cigarette to her lips once more. Taking a long inhale, Roxie held her breath as Ricky went on to suggest that perhaps Moretti was behind the shooting before letting out the smoke from her lungs thoughtfully. Roxie looked to Reina to see what she thought of everything Ricky was saying, her mind swarming with so many thoughts that it was hard to keep track of them all. She had never felt this lost before. Roxie had been in more stressful situations before but Syd had been there to save her...Matthew had done the same but ended up paying the ultimate price for it. For someone who had thought she had control over her life once again, she was starting to realize that the control she once had was now falling from her grasp. She felt unstable, which she hadn't felt like in over a decade. Ricky asked how something like this could happen without Conor knowing about it, saying that Syd had been all about spying on her family's every move before. "I have been keeping Syd and Conor at a two arm's length for the past decade, Ricky. You know that...and they have been respectful of that ever since I drew the boundary."

It felt painfully ironic to Roxie now, that she had kept Syd and Conor from meddling in her life...from invading her family's privacy. Perhaps if she had been a little more lenient Syd would have done what he does best and stopped this whole thing before it had a chance to begin. However, that was wishful thinking, and now she was left to pick up the piece of the mess she had made. Roxie was snapped out of her self-loathing as Ricky announced that people in New York were getting restless and not because of her grieving or turning into a chimney...as Ricky so lightly put it. Apparently, before her fiancé was killed...people were concerned about her rushing back to Ireland so quickly. Her jaw clenched as Ricky mentioned Gabriel, it was clear that he had talked to that awful sack of shit by the way he was talking to her now. Ricky finished applying his pressure by saying insisting that there needed to be decisiveness in how the business would be run from here on out.

Roxie stared blankly at him for a long moment before looking to Julia who was being unusually silent. Roxie hoped she would stay that way as Roxie looked back to Ricky. "Now...I may not know much about this business, Rick. But it sounds like to me we are in a damned if we do, damned if we don't type of situation here. Because to keep the peace between these two increasingly stubborn gangs, it seems like I have only have three options. One, I could uproot my entire family's life and move back to New York with the children...which would not only put me in a terrible position with them but a terrible position with Syd and the rest of his family. Two, I could continue to stay here and ignore what you, Gabriel, and the others within our own organization think about me being here and continue to try and keep the peace from the position given to me. Or three, I could give the position that was given to me to you, appease Gabriel and those who believe I don't belong and watch all of the efforts your father made go down the drain because Gabriel ends up giving you some sort of offer you cannot refuse." Roxie pressed her cigarette into the ashtray before moving to cross her arms.

"Now I know we are supposed to be the middlemen between Moretti and the Sullivans but you have just made it crystal clear what Moretti thinks of me. What do we have to gain for continuing to feed his throbbing ego? There have been many times within the 13 years that you and your father have had to come begging to him on your knees to agree to things! While that may have worked for you both, I am not the type of person to beg or work overtime for a man who is only difficult because he gets off on people pleading before him." Roxie's voice was void of emotion despite the angry look on her face. "You speculated that Moretti could be warning me that my loyalties don't only lie with the Sullivans and I just want you to elaborate on that further...do you know something I don't, Ricky? I know how good you are at lying...I know how good you are at withholding information. Did Moretti say anything to you? Either of you?" Roxie glared at Julia again to which the woman shook her head. "Ricky wouldn't lie to you about this Roxie...he would tell you if he knew Moretti was behind this. He's your only family left, you don't betray your family like that...I know he would do that." Roxie let out a dark chuckle. "Don't get me started on family betrayal, Julia. I know how my cousin feels about his father's decision..." Roxie looked to Reina to see if she wanted to chime in before she looked to Ricky again.

" Or perhaps, maybe it wasn't Moretti...Ricky? You claim to know what our members are up to. Surely you would have heard if one of them was set out to kill me? Or was that something you just decided to turn a blind eye to? Roxie regretted the words coming out of her mouth but due to the number of drinks she'd had this week and the lack of sleep, she was dancing on the very thin line of delusion and paranoia, which was an unusual feeling for the normally rational woman. But given the fact that in her past she had been betrayed by her own father and then Syd less than a year later made her feel understandably on edge. It made sense that Ricky could know something about this shooting, more than he was willing to let on. Men could carry a lie to their grave if women weren't smart enough to figure them out.

"Regardless of what you, Gabriel, or any of our members think...I'm not going to just give up this position so easily. Everyone I've talked to besides my dear sweet fiancé and Reina has had doubts that I am fit for this position...and if I were to just hand it to you now after I lost the only man who truly understood me, I'd be confirming to you all that you were right while simultaneously desecrating the faith that Matthew and your father had in me." Roxie shook her head as her lip quivered. Sucking in a breath through her nostrils, Roxie stared at Ricky for a long moment. "Now if you are here to discuss how we can move forward while I uphold my position, I am happy to hear it. But if you want to continue to try and persuade me to give it up...I'm sorry to tell you that you will have to pry it from my cold dead hands."
Black shirt .jpeg

Julia looked to Ricky to see what he thought about that before looking to Reina and then Roxie, "You know...I'm sure the people who doubt you are only thinking about the safety of you...and your children. This is a dangerous game you're playing, a reckless one at that. Your children are the bait that is just waiting to be used and as safe as you think they are here...it doesn't last forever." Roxie glared at the woman letting out a humorless chuckle. "Is that a threat, Julia? Because I assure you my kids are safe. And you may think my decisions are reckless, but I am a damn good mother who has thought about nothing but the wellbeing of my children for the last 13 years! They've lived their entire lives with the neverending possibility that something could happen to them and so far we have managed to keep them alive and well. Anyone who questions my decisions and uses my own children against me can take a fucking hike, I know the risks!" Roxie's voice raised as she pointed at Julia angrily. "This delusional thinking that somehow a man can keep his family safe and more secure than a woman in the same position is fucking backward!"
with: Ricky Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Reina Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

Harper King

Billy's Place

~ Bethnal Green, East London ~
red lips.jpegHarper raised her brow as Billy didn't return her smile, just staring into her eyes for a long moment before gesturing for her to sit down. After pouring herself a large cup of black coffee, Harper took a seat at the kitchen table. Billy revealed that the little meeting she was angry about was no picnic and Harper's brow raised even higher as she wondered what happened. Taking a sip of her coffee lightly, Harper's eyes went wide as he told her that the inside of his car had been coated in blood and that chunks of brain had been peeled off the ceiling as they slid down the windows. Harper made a face of disgust as she moved her lips away from her mug and set it down lightly on the table, suddenly not wanting the taste of coffee in her mouth as the mental image stuck in her head. Hearing that he had been strangled by the corpse before he killed him, Harper just then noticed the bruise around her brother's neck as she reached out gently to take his hand for support.

Billy told her to imagine herself in the position he was in and in all honesty, she couldn't really imagine herself dealing with that at all. As much as she wanted to be involved, even the sight of a gross bug freaked her out...so she wasn't too sure how she would be able to handle the sight of blood and brains. A physical shiver could be felt running down her spine and she clenched her jaw in an attempt to conceal it. When he said that she would have to deal with arseholes on a daily basis, Harper nodded her head in understanding. She felt the urge to tell him that she already dealt with such fools at work hitting on her all the time but she kept it to herself. As he admitted that she was a good-looking girl, Harper smiled slightly at her brother before once again nodding her head in understanding, she knew exactly how men could be. He explained that he wasn't trying to scare her, that he was just trying to tell her how it was in the business and she understood it well. Billy and she had a relationship that she didn't have with her much older brothers. He was always honest with her, he always told her what they were up to for the most part so that she could be aware of just how dire their situation in the business was. Alex and Spence sometimes tried to sugar coat things with her to put her at ease, but no matter how much she tried to tell them, they would never understand that she appreciated being told the truth more than not knowing and being left in the dark.

"Ahh well, I know I always have a seat at the family table, Billy. But I am just as crazy as you testosterone-filled men, I want to be a part of the action, or at least...I want to know how to take care of myself. I'm away from you all a lot of the time...and I know you guys have your goons looking out for me but...I feel that protection only goes so far, you know?" She looked from Billy to her cup of coffee before deciding to take another tentative sip now that the gruesome details were out of her head. After she took a drink, she looked from her mug to her brother again and caught him smirking at her. He looked down at his hand and Harper looked at it with interest before she saw what he was doing. "That's gonna get infected if you don't take care of that now." She said softly before he asked her if they were gonna continue to bitch over coffee or get to work. A large smile formed on her face and before she could get up, he lightly kicked her shin under the table. Harper gave Billy a playful glare before smirking proudly, "I will have you know I still pack a good punch! Though those cheap shots get me a long way...I just got my nails done so if I scratch your eyes out, I am apologizing now." She teased. Once they were both in a standing position, Harper took a hold of her brother's hand to inspect the splinter embedded in it. "Don't want you injured before we tussle...I don't want you using it as an excuse." She teased, "I'll be right back." She said before practically skipping towards the living room to grab her purse. After shuffling through it to grab her wallet, she fished out her credit card. "Now hold still." She told Billy lightly before taking his hand and using the card to gently push the splinter out from his hand. "Alright, prepare to get your butt thoroughly kicked." Harper said after she successfully got the splinter out.

Moving to take one more sip of her coffee, Harper set the mug down before moving towards the backyard. "Okay teach...what's first?" She asked as she got into a fighting stance with her fists up.
with: Billy Pyroclast Pyroclast

Kurt Lee Reznik

tumblr_adaf1154012cb8b5addd5b4c4bae72fc_a6352da0_400.gif Over the twenty odd years that Kurt had spent behind bars, he had come across thousands of other inmates all coming and going, many of whom were also fathers. There was a lot to learn about a person, he came to realise, from the way they spoke about their children. Some parental relationships were twisted and rocky, some were distant and some had become estranged altogether, but there were many he had met who missed their children terribly. Whilst he couldn’t speak for everyone, Kurt had a feeling that most of the fathers he had met wanted better for their child. To not follow in their footsteps, or to have better luck in life. Kurt had gone over the night of his arrest a million times in his head, trying to work out exactly where he had gone wrong to have ended up getting shot down, but he didn’t remember it very clearly and the memory only got hazier as time went on. But as cold and unpleasant life in prison was, he was grateful to have come out of the coma so that he could continue to be a father to his son, even from a distance. He wouldn’t trade their relationship for anything in the world.

It meant more than Kurt could express to see how well Benjie was doing. Being raised by Aiden on Kurt’s behalf, Benjie had a fair chance at walking the same path that Kurt had walked, and if he chose to do that then there wasn’t much Kurt could do besides offer his advice. Nothing was worth risk in their relationship - it was the really only thing keeping him going. However, the boy was looking healthy, happy and enthusiastic and that was more than he could wish for. As he described his intention to get in shape ready to go rock climbing when the weather improved, he imagined his son scaling rock walls and cliffs, free to explore Ireland’s great outdoors. Part of him longed to join him, of course, but his longing translated into happiness for his son’s freedom. He hoped to God that freedom would never be taken away from him.

The joke about smuggling in a pillow for him put an amused grin on his face, but it softened when Benjie explained, in a more serious tone, that he had brought him a gift. As soon as he heard him mention his mother, Kurt looked expectantly at Benjie’s hands, readying himself to see the photographs of his beautiful late wife. However, he was soon told that he would have to ask for them after visitation. He wasn’t sure he could express how much it meant to him to have a picture of Benjie and Dolores with him in his cell, but he was sure he wouldn’t have to. Benjie was the only other person in the world who missed her as much as he did. There was a certain flicker of sadness that always crossed his features when he thought about Dolores, and Benjie drew it to the surface when he told him he only had one roll of film left to develop. “Well, you save it for a rainy day, okay?” he said, reaching over to give Benjie’s arm a gentle squeeze.

“No touching, inmate!”

Kurt didn’t merit the CO’s order with any kind of response, other than naturally withdrawing his hand as he would if the order hadn’t even been given. “Thanks, son,” he murmured with a soft smile. “You do remind me of her, you know. God knows you didn’t get that sweet nature from your old man.”

His smile broadened into a look of pride when Benjie reminded him of the promotion Conor had given him to become the manager of his restaurant. “I remember,” he nodded. “Good to hear you’re doin’ well there. That Conor is lucky to have you on board.” Hearing him enthuse about getting to meet people through his work, he wondered briefly about his son’s social life. They didn’t often talk about his friends and in twenty years he had never seen him interact with anyone other than himself, a few COs and Aiden. Never having been to the restaurant himself, all he had was a rough idea in his head of the atmosphere based on what Benjie had previously told him, but he figured it must be a decent place if Benjie enjoyed the company. Given the young man’s sweet, friendly character he was confident that he wouldn’t end up mixing with the wrong crowd.

It pleased him even further to hear about the photography gig that he had landed, knowing how much he enjoyed that kind of work. However, he had to raise an eyebrow when the mention of a female piano bar owner set him off smiling and blushing. Kurt didn’t probe him with questions immediately, instead waiting for Benjie’s feelings about her to reveal themselves. He was quick to clarify that he didn’t have a girlfriend, despite going on a few dates, but naturally veered back to the topic of Lorelei. It was obvious by the way he described her that he was taken by her. He smirked when his son quickly defended his little display of infatuation to insist that his relationship with Lorelei was purely professional. “Hey, who am I gonna tell?” Kurt teased. He didn’t press him for details, though - the evidence was all over Benjie’s face as it was.

Although it interested him, he didn’t find it surprising that Lorelei was connected to the Sullivans. He understood that the mob was extensive, especially in the Dublin area, and being in a gang like that made networking natural. However, his eyes widened upon learning that she was James Porter’s niece. “You don’t say,” he said, briefly glancing over his shoulder to where James was sitting with his wife. “It’s funny you should mention him. He’s actually my cellmate. Sittin’ right over there.” As he jerked a thumb in James’ direction, a smile formed on Kurt’s face at the new connection he and Benjie had discovered between themselves. “Since we realised what we had in common on the outside, we’ve been getting on real well. You know, those photographs you brought in here could have been too precious to keep in a place like this, but I actually have a decent amount of trust in this guy.” He paused to pass a hand over his eyes, letting out a light chuckle. “My son and his niece, huh?” he mused. “That could sure make things interesting for me in here. But hey, don’t let that stop you likin’ her - one look at those cute photos of you and mom and the old mob boss will soften right up!”

As he thought back to the deep conversations he had shared with James over the past 10 days, he remembered something important to tell his son. “Hey, listen,” he said, knocking a fist against the table to draw in Benjie’s attention. “I was talkin’ to Porter the other day, and you know what he said? He said he’s got guys that fly out to New York on business from time to time, said he could arrange for you to join ‘em if you ever wanted a chance to come see me. What do ya’ think of that?” A smile formed on his face once again that he made no effort to hold back. “One of them is Adam Harper, who I actually met in prison way back in the 60s - good guy, far as I could tell - but he said there are others, I think. And Porter has kids of his own livin’ out in Dublin, too...Syd, Thomas, Olivia...you know those names? If you do meet ‘em, you tell ‘em I say hi.”

Life had changed so much for Kurt since he was put in prison that he didn’t consider himself a member of that gang anymore, but hearing about it from Benjie and James always interested him, as if part of him couldn’t fully let it go. Kurt figured he would always remain affiliated, even if purely through his son’s involvement, however loose that was. “Good luck with that photography gig, too,” he said, shooting his son a knowing look accompanied by a smirk. “Sounds like the owner of the bar is a real catch, so don’t screw anything up with her, got that? Porter may be old now, but I still don’t wanna be stuck in a cell with a defensive dad!”

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray Benjie

Bellz Bellz Lorelei (mentioned)

Adam's Place
~ Drumcondra, Dublin ~

Adam Harper and Jasmine Zegarra

1620246846653.pngAlthough the signs were there, Adam was still surprised to hear Chase say he didn't think Michael had many friends. The boy was quite reserved and never did strike him as the confident type who would actively accumulate popularity. Even so, having never had trouble making friends, he had to consciously force himself to see it from Michael's point of view. Adam grinned back at Chase when he compared Michael to his younger self. "Hmmm. I'm struggling to see it. Michael's miles cooler than you've ever been," he teased his friend. He then took on a more serious tone. "He doesn't need a lot of friends to be happy, though, and Liam seems to be a reliable one. As long as he isn't being bullied or any of that shit," he trailed off.

"No, I'm sure we'd know if it was anything like that," Jasmine reassured Adam on the subject of Michael being bullied. "He's just reserved, like Chase," she said, sending her husband a loving smile. "It's the Zegarra women who have the confidence and assertiveness. I don't think the males could get a word in edgeways if they tried."

"Adam. Can you show me how to replace a spark plug?" Emilia spoke up as she continued to sit on the carpet flicking through one of the man's car magazines.

"You're not that far ahead yet, kid. Let's start you with oil and tyre changes first, alright?" he said letting out a chuckle. "Definitely inherited your bossiness, Jas," he remarked.

1620246855132.pngAdam and Chase tended to tease each other or at least trying to evoke an embarrassed reaction from one another. On this occasion, Adam could see his friend was showing restraint, and though he was always prepared for some kind of banter, he still found himself feeling appreciative about being spared, this time around. He returned his friend's chuckle as Chase pointed out he hadn't seen him blush in a long time. "I've been thinking about settling down for a while," he admitted, his face turning more serious. "I mean, not to brag or anything, but I've had a lot of opportunities to hook up with women." Catching Jasmine's groan, Adam sat forward and quickly shook his head, holding his hand out to request she let him finish. "No, no. Hear me out... I was saying that I didn't follow through with any of them. That just doesn't interest me anymore. It surprised me at first, but yeah," he began, looking directly to Chase, "I know I want something long-term, now. A plus one who's going to accompany me to more than just one party," he remarked.

Adam listened as Chase spoke about Blake being on her own since Jackson had died, prompting him to silently nod his head. He faintly smiled when his friend said he was glad her first date would be with him. He hadn't really known Blake when her husband was killed, and he'd only met Jackson on jobs weeks earlier. Yet, when the man, along with Rebel and other members of the Mob - other soldiers - were killed, it hit Adam hard. He would have killed those responsible that night, and he was ready to put a bullet in Kerry Patrick's skull until Chase had talked him out of it. Though he didn't know Jackson, he would never forget having to help Conor and Syd carried the man's lifeless body out of that old train station. He had a good idea of how Blake had been devastated by losing her husband, and he would never set out to hurt or disrespect her. "Hey, I have no intention of messing Blake about. If I am disrespectful, you and Jas have permission to beat the shit out of me, if Conor and the rest of them don't get to me first," he said, letting out an exaggerated apprehensive sigh. Despite the smirk that followed, he was fully aware some people really would want to kick his arse if he did mess Blake about. "I know it's a big deal for her, I'm just acting cool in front of you lot so you don't start teasing me. It's a big deal for me too," he said, looking Chase in the eyes to assure the man he was being serious. "I just hope I don't fu--fudge it all up," he said, minding his language with the kids around. "Me and Blake get on real well, along with the banter and all that. I just don't want to lose her as a friend if I mess up this date."

Letting out a deep breath and feeling his cheeks burning again, he looked to his watch. "How long do detentions last nowadays? I can't say I ever saw one through to the end, and I used to get detentions for skipping detentions..." he remarked, unashamedly changing the subject. "Seriously, don't be late on my account. I don't want Michael to be sat shivering on the church doorstep praying to God for his parents to pick him up," he said.

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Chase)
Mention: Bellz Bellz (Blake)

♡ ♤ Lucky's Casino ♧ ♢
~ Dublin City Centre, Dublin ~

Emery Callahan

VainCelebratedGiraffe-max-1mb.gifEmery ignored the huge man Clayton had referred to as 'Jabba', if only so she wasn't tempted to make some childish comment about the man's size herself. When Clayton did turn to look at her, Emery maintained a broad smile as she kept her eyes on the man. She was pleased to hear Clayton had indeed had a win against Jabba, which surely meant he had very little excuse not to hand over to her what was owed. The man only seemed willing to accompany them outside when Braden made his presence known. She chose to let that slide for the time-being. "Oh, you're full of compliments, blue eyes," she remarked upon being called a beautiful redhead. "Good choice," she said as he moved to stand up. "We'd hate for you to upset the Dark Lord and have the whole Empire on your back, et cetera, et cetera," she said, giving her own Star Wars references that she was aware of, from Liam's obsession.

Upon hearing the click of a gun, Emery groaned and rolled her eyes, taking a sidestep to avoid being caught up in any crossfire. She watched on as Braden pointed out it was official mob business and the other men soon backed off from wanting to shoot Clayton themselves. "Much appreciated, fellas," she added, sending Percy a smile.

Once they were outside, they forced Clayton down an alleyway until he was trapped against a dead end wall. With Braden and Stella either side of her, Emery stood directly opposite Clayton. "Yes, it's about the money you owe!" Emery repeated the man's words, her tone reflecting an exaggerated annoyance at his question. When he referred to her as a sweet cherry pie, she subtly shook her head. She returned his smile when asked what she was doing caught up with the mob. "I made a lot of mistakes in my life. Crossed a lot of people. Now I'm trapped until my knight in shining armour saves me from these terrifying people," she embellished, glancing to Braden and then Stella. "Thing is, you owe a lot of money and the Boss wants it, as of weeks ago," she said, in a matter-of-fact tone, shaking her head in disappointment. "Now, I don't want my 'beautiful' face to get all messed up, and I think it would also be a waste if your pretty face had to be pieced back together. If you just give us what you owe, we can both keep our lovely faces and we're all happy. If not, he'll probably beat the shit out of you, and she'll probably put a couple of bullets in your legs," she said, referring to Braden and Stella. "Ain't that right?" she asked, looking to Stella with a smirk.

BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 (Stella)
Bellz Bellz (Braden, Clayton)

~Dublin: Stella Kwon~13_35eda64d020b0189a6d2b71f48e00775.nbcnews-fp-1200-630.jpgAt the click of a gun, Stella only blinked and stared at who seemed to be one of Percy's Men as she maintained a tight grip on Clayton's broad shoulder. 'How cute.' She thought. Staring at the gun that was now being pointed at Clayton, it wasn't long until Braden had his own gun out either. Stella didn't entirely think about drawing her own, but instead thought about how she could disarm the man before her since the gun was practically right next to her face. As her Colleague stated that it was official mob business, everyone in immediate vicinity grew quiet and Stella could feel the fear resonating from the people who were watching, though she herself did not even flinch. As the guns were holstered one by one, the Bounty Hunter helped her friend take Clayton away, out one of the rear exits.

WhatsApp-Image-2021-01-16-at-10.14.25-AM-2.jpegIt was not long until they had arrived in an alleyway and the bigger man was shoved to a dead end and Braden signaled for her to stand by Emery, covering all the possible escape routes that Clayton could possibly have. Stella wasn't all that thrilled with the seemingly casual flirting that he had with Emery, but maintained her composure as this was a debt collection, not a beat-down or a hunt like what she was accustomed to. When Emery sarcastically referred to her as terrifying, Stella briefly responded with a playful pout, but as soon as she returned her attention back to Clayton, that pout turned into an ice cold and stoic expression. Emery proceeded to explain that their Boss wanted the money he was owed weeks ago, before proceeding to explain that if the money was given to them, that Braden would beat the shit out of him, or Stella would put a couple of bullets in his legs. In a swift response to Emery's smirk, she drew a gold pistol and thumbed back the hammer, then racking back the slide to chamber a round and pointing it directly at Clayton's kneecap as she maintained a secure and tight grip on the gun. "And I can assure you...that I don't miss." She said coldly, placing her finger on the trigger, ready to pull it at a moment's notice, such as if Clayton were to attempt to grab the gun. "So...We getting our money...Or...Is your Mother gonna weep as she has to push you around in a wheelchair for the rest of your life?"
Misty Gray Misty Gray (Emery Callahan) Bellz Bellz (Braden Callahan) (Clayton Byrie)​

Last edited:
~Miami: Harmony Ryu~original (1).jpgDespite having the feeling of extreme caution, Harmony felt nonetheless relieved when she opened up a little about her past to the Wycliffs. Thankfully the children were not within in earshot and seemed to be occupied with playing in the sand and with each other. Her past wasn't exactly something a child should have to hear about, mainly because they'd be too young to understand and even if they were to be in their early teens, Harmony would still be reluctant to share with them. Though her days in Los Angeles were well behind her, the only thing that continued to linger in the back of her mind was the deep-seated racism that she had endured from Korean-Americans during her youth. And left her with two unanswered questions: 'What do people have against interracial relationships?' and 'Was being biracial a bad thing?'. Granted it was probably best that these questions weren't answered, not to mention the answers she would receive are probably inane or outright messed up.

She snapped out of the darker part of her past once Theodore expressed his sympathy concerning the loss of her Father. Given his tone, Harmony thought it was because he had a similar experience, but overall she was hesitant to ask. Mainly because questions like that were reserved for stronger friendships or bonds...and they had just met only a few days ago after Gabriel said that she was going to be safeguarding the Wycliff Family.
Theodore said:
"Sorry to hear that. It's rough losing a parent, especially one you care about."
"I miss him very much. But I don't know how he would feel if he saw the woman I've grown into." She said, thinking about the fond memories she had of him...at least until it came to the Cancer Treatments, which were painful and she hated remembering that.

Soon, Valentina expressed sympathy as well concerning the loss of her Brother, whom she missed dearly to this day. Overall, she was troubled because her Father died not knowing of the sins that had stained her soul...and that of her Brother's. Though that was probably for the best and the same applied to her Mother.
Valentina said:
"Do you have many people to confide in now you're in New York? I bet some of the jobs my father has you doing can feeling quite lonely and isolating. Except this task, of course, because you get to spend time on the beach with the Wycliff bunch."
"No, I don't have too many people to confide in. At the end of the day, most of the people I work with aren't exactly my friends. Just...Co-Workers. And I wouldn't trust the Taylor Brothers with what I had just shared with you both." She said, referring to Don Moretti's supposed 'Top Drug Dealers', whom she had worked with the most early on in her employment to the Moretti Family, as she had to earn the Don's trust. "You're not wrong, a reasonable majority of the jobs I went on were lonely, but I wouldn't say they were isolating because I wasn't...alone on any of them, thankfully."

Because of how kind both Theodore and Valentina were, Harmony did hope that this assignment would be more permanent, as the thought of having to work with the Taylor Brothers again left an uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach. Then others she had met, like Damien, Tony or Tatiana, left her uncomfortable most of the time. Between those three, she wasn't sure of who was the worst, but Harmony didn't exactly want to find out. "If we are being honest, I'll take a day at the beach with a loving family over having to be in an alley or a dark basement again." She said, scratching her head and smiling nervously in a rather poor attempt to play along with Valentina's joking tone.
Misty Gray Misty Gray (Valentina Wycliff) Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Theodore Wycliff)
Mentioned: Don Moretti, The Taylor Brothers, Tatiana Moretti, Damien Nicolosi, Tony Harris ( RayPurchase RayPurchase )

Last edited:
Father Silas Healy
Michael Zegarra

1620320540415.pngSilas nodded when Liam asked him if Matthew Moore’s murderer would have to come to confession in order to repent for their mortal sin. He seemed only vaguely familiar with the concept of baptism. “Two boys with biblical names, you must both have been baptised, yes? Probably when you were too young to remember…” Although Silas knew many of the families in the local community and was familiar with Liam and Michael through school, he didn’t recall their baptisms taking place in his church. “Do either of you have Godparents, do you know?”

“I have a Godfather,” Michael mumbled, keeping his eyes on the flyer he was currently working on.

“Well, then you must have been baptised. That’s one requirement ticked off already.” Michael raised his head to meet Silas’ gaze, and seeing the priest smile his way drew a small smile from him in return. He returned to his artwork but remained engaged in the conversation happening around him when Liam went on to vocalise his thoughts, as though it might help to untangle them.

Silas enjoyed hearing the boy use his own sense of morality to pick apart the issue of what the teacher’s killer deserved. He seemed concerned and confused by the fact that murder was still considered a mortal sin in the eyes of God even when it was done to save another life. There were moments when Silas felt he could have jumped in and continued his preaching, but he also caught the grief in the boy’s words and so decided to instead let him think on it further. “Don’t worry, my son,” he said, keeping his voice soft and steady. “They won’t be going to Heaven. Not unless they turn themselves around and surrender themselves to God’s good will. Only He can save them - but first, you remember, they must want to be saved.” Silas paused to heave a sigh, feeling the weight of grief tug at his heart. “I pray every day that they find the light and turn their backs on the hatred and violence that drove them to commit murder. God knows we need more peace in this world.”

Since the boys clearly had a lot to think about already, Silas decided not to press Liam when he denied having anyone in mind while asking about sin, repentance and the consequences of killing to save somebody else’s life. Instead, he allowed him to return to his colouring, believing that he would think more on the question of morality in his own time.

Just as he was beginning to examine his organiser, a knock on the door prompted him to raise his head. Patience leaned through the doorway and beckoned him out of the room. “Excuse me, boys,” he said to the pair. “Keep going with those flyers. You’re doing a grand job.”

Once the door was pulled closed behind him, Patience informed him that Sinead Callahan had arrived and appeared troubled. Silas nodded his head at her offer to sit with the boys while he went and had a word with the woman. “Thank you, Patience, yes,” he uttered. “I won’t keep her long.”

Upon entering the nave, Silas immediately spotted Sinead seated on the back row of pews and made his way over to her. “Good afternoon, Mrs. Callahan,” he greeted her with a warm smile. He took a seat in the pew in front of her and turned around enough that they could face each other. “Creative boy, your Liam. He and his friend are doing a very good job helping me out with some flyer designs for the upcoming charity food drive. I’ll have them out of there in a minute.” He eyed her briefly, noticing her weary expression. “How have you been doing, Mrs. Callahan?” he asked. “I know you and family have been through a lot in recent weeks. If you’d like to light a candle for your mother or Mr. Moore, you’d be more than welcome. And I always have time, too, for anyone in need of a listening ear.”

1620320611957.pngThe way that the priest got to his feet slightly awkwardly drew Michael’s attention. Even though he had always noticed his gait to be different from the other adults at school, he had grown used to seeing it. It was just another feature separating him from the rest - like the fact that he was dressed in clerical clothing, where most of the staff wore suits or dresses. In a more private setting, however, it was much more noticeable. Michael watched curiously at the man’s uneven walk as he left the room, and when the door was closed, he leaned in towards Liam and whispered, “Do you know why he walks like that? It’s like there’s something wrong with his leg, but...it’s never got better.”

Not a moment later, the door opened again and Michael spun around, fearing that the priest may have heard what he had said to Liam. It turned out not to be Silas, but a woman who entered the room. She was extraordinarily beautiful: her large eyes seemed to sparkle even in the soft light and her blonde hair swept across her shoulders in neat, graceful waves. Michael’s wide eyes remained fixed on her until she took a seat beside him, and then he hunched over his flyer, conscious that his cheeks were burning in her presence. The compliment she gave them on their artwork only deepened his blush and he put down his felt-tip pen, suddenly too self-conscious to work in front of her. Her voice was soft and angelic and lovely. It made him feel sick. “Hello,” he mumbled, barely audible despite the room’s hollow acoustics. After a moment, he dared himself to lift his head and managed to meet her gaze. “Are you...a priest?”

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray Sinead, Liam, Patience

Roxie Carriveau’s Residence
~ Ashtown, Dublin ~

Riccardo Biancardi

1619121341125-png.875312
Ricky stayed quiet as Roxie weighed up what the limited options were, that they were damned if they do and damned if they don't. He figured he'd give her time to go over the ideas out loud herself and hope something reasonable would come from the thoughts. She mentioned how the Biancardis had to keep peace between the Morettis and the Sullivans, who were indeed stubborn. Though as time went on, Ricky was concerned cutting ties with them, especially those they shared New York with, could have a severe effect on the Biancardi business. The first idea of Roxie uprooting the children to move back to New York certainly seemed like a more favourite option from a business perspective, even if the personal and sentimental aspect would be stressful. The second option, where Roxie ignored both Ricky and the Morettis, drew an uncontrollable scoff from him before he composed himself and straightened up. Trying to keep the peace from Dublin was a stupid idea and Ricky was sure his face was telling her that, even if he remained silent. The third option Roxie spoke about was, of course, the best one in Ricky's opinion. Gabriel would be happy with Ricky in charge. Those against Roxie's ascension to power would be happy. Roxie's children would be happy they were able to stay in Dublin with their family and friends. "Well, objectively, the last option is the better of the three. Take away my own feelings and you will see it is the most sensible way forward if our family name is to retain its power and profit. Clearly, Giovanni wasn't being sentimental when he overlooked me, even if he was still incorrect and has risked our business with his decision.

When Roxie went on to question what they had to gain from continuing to feed Gabriel's ego, he let out an irritated sigh, but still let her continue. "Okay... So does that mean you would prefer to cut ties with Moretti? Excellent. What's the plan? You must have some kind of business plan in mind that makes it easy for our family to end the agreement. We have some very profitable areas under our control, especially Queens. But how would we compensate for the businesses Gabriel has allowed us to expand within Manhattan? If he doesn't drive us out of there, then he'll sure as hell hike up our rent and insurance. I just don't think there's room for the Biancardis to expand in Dublin to compensate for our Manhattan losses."

Roxie focused the conversation onto what Ricky had said about Moretti possibly warning her about where her loyalties were. She seemed to be accusing Ricky of withholding information, wanting to know what Moretti had said to him. Julia spoke up to defend him, saying he wouldn't lie to her about whether Moretti was behind it. Sure, it would be easy to throw Gabriel under the bus, especially as Gabriel was likely everyone's number one suspect in Matthew's murder, but Ricky wasn't willing to damage their business relationship by pointing the finger at the Morettis. "It's no surprise Gabriel wants you out and that he's a bit backwards with the whole sexism thing. But he's a businessman and he obviously wants what will benefit him the most. Aside from you perhaps denting his poor fragile ego by snubbing him to return to Dublin, it's just bad business form, Roxie. As the new boss of the family, you should have had a meeting with him before leaving New York. All that aside, I did have a meeting with him, the same day Matthew was killed. Only, it wasn't until hours after the meeting that we found out what had happened. Gabriel had been pushing me to sort this out, to get you to step down from the business. If he'd arranged for you to be killed, I think it would have been more obvious, even for someone as ruthless as he is. Not to mention the fact we've seen and heard what that family have done in the past. If he'd arranged this, I'm certain you wouldn't still be here. H'd have pulled out all the stops, I'm sure."

When Roxie turned the focus onto their own members, Ricky shook his head. "Now you're just being paranoid," he firmly assured her. "There's a lot of people not happy about this, but they wouldn't go behind my back." Realising what she'd said about him turning a blind eye, Ricky allowed his jaw to visibly drop. "Are you fucking kidding me? We know I don't agree with you being in change over me, but you think that means I don't care about you? My own family?"

Roxie asserted that she wasn't going to give up the position, no matter what he or anyone else thought. "Don't get a tone with me, Roxie. Other than coming to see my cousin who has just lost her fiance, I was here to discuss business. Haven't I been saying you leaving New York without second thought wasn't the professional thing to do? There's a lot of assholes in this business but you've got to suck it up keep going. I've spent 13 years in meetings with the same pricks. Gabriel, Conor, Syd. You and Giovanni think I'm incapable of doing this, but in those 13 years things have stayed pretty damn peaceful. I've adapted to dealing with Gabriel's ego and Conor's short fuse... and Syd's." Ricky chose not to comment on Roxie's statement that he'd have to pry the business from her cold dead hands... a phrase Gabriel had funnily enough used when encouraging Ricky to take the business back from her.

Ricky turned to Julia as the woman spoke of how people might be more concerned about Roxie's position because they were thinking of the children's safety. Roxie soon made a comment about it being a threat and then defending her skills as a mother. "Hey, I'm sure any woman with the knowledge and experience to run a business can do it just as well, if not better, than a man. The same goes for protecting her family. Incidentally, where are the kids? I brought them some American treats over - the stuff that's not sold over here."

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Reina)
Bellz Bellz (Roxie, Julia)

Rikers Island Prison
~ Rikers Island, New York City ~

Nicholas Ramsey

1619121268089-png.875304
Nicholas nodded his head when Bradley assured him he couldn't have pissed off the other prisoners so soon. "Then it's definitely because you have 'easy target' written all over you, kid," he confirmed whilst a slowly nodding. "I'm sure you might figure soon enough, or know already, but one of the biggest rules you need to stick to in here is the no-snitching rule. Even if some of the other prisoners here seem to have any kind of dodgy deal going on with any of the COs, you still never tell the COs anything. If you see some guy getting beaten up, you don't alert the staff. If you get beaten up, you don't alert them either. Hell, if you witness a guy get murdered, you saw nothing, okay? The code of silence is one of the few rules all prisoners can agree on."

When James assured both Nicholas and the Bradley he would always have the kid's back, Nicholas let out a low chuckle. "That's a noble gesture, I'm sure. However, you can't be everywhere," he assured the man. "If anyone wanted you out of the way so they could get to the kid, they would make it happen. Trust me, I've seen it happen before. It pays to have more than one ally watching your back." he firmly assured Bradley.

Bradley then asked where he would find the Top Dog when it wasn't visiting time. "I'm sure you'll find him soon enough. He's in jail for the long run, so you'll have plenty of time. This place operates on a pretty consistent timetable, so, unless he doesn't want to be found, I'm sure you'll find him. Furthermore, if the opportunity comes around, I could introduce you both to him. Although..." he began, pointing to James. "Your cell is next door to Porter's anyway. Not that sleepovers are a thing in here," he joked.

BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 (James, Bradley)

Lucy Porter
Rikers Island Prison

1620370289091.png
When James asked if there was any chance that Matthew had been the intended target, Lucy shook her head gently silently answering despite knowing that his question was a rhetorical one. James went on to say that although the situation at hand was no doubt Biancardi business, it was important for Lucy to stay vigilant in case something bigger affected their family. Lucy knew that, of course, after decades of dealing with what felt like the same old pattern of events...she always knew that one seemingly untimely event lead to a plethora of perfectly timed ones. It pleased her to know that James thought that Gabriel would have plenty of reason and a motive to make an attack like the shooting on Irish soil, but he did make a compelling statement as he expressed his surprise at Roxie not being dead. It was true that the man rarely failed and it was also true that he would go to lengths to make sure someone was dead...as they had dealt with the tyrant back in New York more than a decade prior but Lucy wasn’t so sure that was grounds for dismissal. Laughing at her husband’s last comment dryly, the blonde looked around her for a moment before meeting James’ eyes. ”I mean...even the most ruthless men in the world tend to make mistakes, I think you and I have plenty of experience to know that to be true.”

Lucy’s lips turned into a deep frown as she thought about what the current events would mean for their family in the long run, for the most part, things had been rather peaceful. Lucy had always wished for it to stay that way for the sake of those she held near and dear to her heart but it seemed like the world had other plans for them all. ”As fitting as Gabriel is as a prime suspect, I can’t help but think that someone else is at play here. I just don’t know who...which bugs the hell out of me. I know that Conor has been talking about having quite a bit of trouble with those English brothers...but I don’t see any reason for them to act out that way...especially to someone relatively disconnected from the family like poor Roxie.” Lucy’s brow furrowed in concentration before shaking her head, ”I know her cousin, you know Ricky, that jokester wasn’t too happy with his position being handed to her...but Syd had poked his nose as far as he could into that family for quite a while...surely he would have found something damning?” Sigh, Lucy squeezed James’ hand once more before giving him a bitter sweet smile. ”We have more little ones than we know what to do with compared to all the other trouble we had going on before, I would hate for any of them to be traumatized like some of our kids were. That’s why I hope Conor and the rest can nip this situation in the bud before it crescendos into something we can’t control.”

Letting things get quiet for a moment between them, Lucy suddenly smiled at James fondly, ”On a brighter note, I should have started with this...but your grandbabies miss you and say hello. I know they want to do a phone call soon to catch you up on all the pre-teen gossip they got going on in their lives right now.” She chuckled, ”Before the shooting, I think they were very close to having Syd start ripping his hair out. But from what I gather they are being on their very best behavior now. Wonder how long that will last before they start bickering again? I think Syd will be very appreciative that you insisted that I go to Ireland.” Lucy said lightly before she tilted her head in curiosity at him. She had got the look in his eyes, she had always been able to read her husband when others couldn’t…”I know you want me to patch things up with Thomas...but is there another reason you want me to go to Ireland? You’ve been so comfortable with Olivia and I being close to you. What changed, love?” She briefly wondered if someone was giving him a hard time, she knew how much control Moretti had within the prison walls.
with: James Porter Misty Gray Misty Gray

St. Saviour's Church
~ Beaumont, Dublin ~

Sinead and Liam Callahan
Patience Davenport

ty-simpkins-620x430-jpg.875431
Liam raised a curious eyebrow when Silas mentioned how his and Michael's names were 'biblical'. The word 'biblical' sounded quite dramatic and exciting, but remembering it was in relation to the Bible took any fun out of the cool sounding word. He nodded his head when asked if he'd been baptised. He'd been far too young to remember it but he'd been told about it on occasions and seen family photographs from the ceremony. Though it wasn't done in St. Saviours Church, he at least knew it had been done in Dublin. When asked if he had godparents, Liam answered with a simple "yeah" and listened as Michael gave a slightly more detailed answer, stating he had a godfather. Liam smiled at his friend and then directed the same smile to Silas when the man said they'd already met one requirement by being baptised.

Liam was glad to hear Matthew's killer wouldn't be going to Heaven, unless they surrendered and truly wanted to be saved. "At least Mr. Moore's going to Heaven," he softly reasoned.

As he focused back on the colouring he was doing, Liam wondered if he'd be attending his teacher's funeral himself. Having only attended his grandmother's funeral a few weeks ago, he was apprehensive about sitting through another, even if he did like Matthew and was now more familiar with Father Healy. He knew Savannah would be attending as she was due to return to Dublin to support her close friend, Roxie, along with supporting her three godchildren. He wasn't sure how he felt about his mother potentially encouraging him to attend too.

Liam briefly looked up when he heard the knock at the door, but once Silas told the boys to keep working, he returned to colouring in, albeit watching from the corners of his eyes as the priest got up to walk out of the room.

*****​

1619996787772-png.878607
Sinead was deep in thought when Silas first entered the nave, only breaking out of her thoughts when he was approaching the rear rows of pews. Her eyes widened as she watched the Priest, realising he was intentionally approaching her. "Good afternoon, Father Healy," she sweetly returned his greeting. She watched as the man moved to take a seat in the pew in front of her, turning so he could directly face her. Given this was her son's second detention in a very short amount of time, she expected Silas' words to be of a negative or judging nature. Instead, the man pointed out that Liam was creative and also being assisting with preparations for a charity event. "Oh, yes. He's very creative, and helpful, too!" she was quick to assure Silas. Her smile dropped as she acknowledged the reason Liam was in the church at all. "Liam is a good kid, with a big heart. He doesn't make a habit of getting into trouble. He'd only just got over losing his grandmother and now Mr. Moore's death has got to him too. He was quite fond of his teacher."

When the Priest enquired about how she was doing, Sinead wasn't sure what to say, at first. She didn't make a habit of entering churches, so she figured Silas wouldn't be interested much in how she was. Still, it felt nice to be asked by someone who seemingly had influence in the form of being close to God. "Maybe I'll get Liam to light a couple of candles with me once he's finished his detention," she said, accepting the man's suggestion. She then flashed a broad smile when he said he always had time to listen. "Oh, I wouldn't know where to begin. I've lost a lot of people in my life, yet it doesn't get any easier. Even if you only knew the half of it, you'd wish you'd never asked, or I'd be thrown out of your beautiful, albeit cold, church," she said, with a nervous laugh. "I'm afraid I don't actively attend the church, Father Healy, so I understand if you would prefer I wait outside... After everything I've been through in my life, I sincerely doubt God is looking out for me."

1619996802103-png.878608
Liam had noticed the way Silas walked when he left the room, but he wasn't going to speak about it until Michael did first and broke the ice on the subject. "Yeah, I noticed that too," he said, turning to look at his friend. "I dunno why he walks like that. It can't have been anything exciting, like being injured in a fight or getting shot, because he's a priest and all that. Maybe he was just born that way or something..." Like his friend, Liam fell silent when the door was opened. He was glad to see Patience enter the room, as he might have felt awkward if it was Silas so soon after they'd been talking about the man's walk.

Although before getting to the church, Liam's expectation had been slacking off under Patience's watch, he was now more interested in actually working on the flyers. Whilst Patience was younger than a lot of adults in his life, Liam still felt like she was too old for him to have anything in common with. Liam caught the way Michael sat wide-eyed watching the blonde woman take her seat. This was followed by noticing Michael's cheeks were turning red. The boy wanted so desperately to ask Michael what the deal was, but there was no way of doing so that wouldn't attract Patience's attention. Liam couldn't hold back a brief laugh when Michael asked the woman if she was a priest. "Of course she's not. Girls can't be priests!" he pointed out.

"Oh, no, I'm not a priest," Patience softly assured the boys. "I'm the Church Administrator, among lots of other duties, but I'm not a priest," she assured Michael, though she kept a neutral expression so as not to embarrass the already blushing boy. "I help Father Healy keep this place tidy, the gardens pretty, and events organised. It all keeps me very busy, but I wouldn't want to be doing anything else," she explained. "What about you boys? What do you enjoy doing, and do you know what job you want to do when you're older?" she asked, hoping to help Michael relax, as he seemed uncomfortable.

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Silas, Michael)

Clayton Byrne
Braden Callahan

♡ ♤ Lucky's Casino ♧ ♢
1620439092145.png
Clayton couldn’t help but continue to smile amusingly at the redhead and her crew. He tilted his head curiously at her saying that she had made a lot of mistakes in her life and was just waiting for someone to save her from the so-called terrifying people. Although she seemed to be gifted with smooth talking, Clayton knew a lie when he heard one. Nodding his head lightly, Clayton understood that he had needed to pay back the mob for weeks now. "Sweetheart, life is a gamble and you never know what hand you are going to get...I’ve been pretty broke the last couple of weeks so I’m afraid I’ve had to put your boss on hold.” Knowing full well Emery wasn’t going to believe that, she continued on to say that in order to save both of their lovely faces, he needed to cough up the funds. She looked to the man and woman with her to confirm they would mess him up if he didn’t give them everything he owed...which was starting to worry him only slightly.

The woman assured him that he didn’t miss and Clayton raised his eyebrows amusingly, ”Willing to bet some money on it?” He asked teasingly, watching her before his eyes looked to Braden, who seemed to be getting more annoyed with the man by the minute. ”Unlucky for me, I don’t have a sweet old mam to push me around in a wheelchair for the rest of my life. Both my parents died in a car crash when I was young.” He said, shrugging his shoulders gently before looking solely at Emery again.

”Thing is, I know how much money I owe your head honcho, and it’s not nearly the amount I have at this moment. Now I can pay you half of what I owe...perhaps work out a deal to meet again to give you the other half.” Clayton negotiated before Braden shook his head abruptly, ”You have had so much time to try and get the money returned to us in full, why should we give you any extra time? Any money you get now I’m sure you will just gamble it away.” Braden looked to his sister to see what he thought about Clayton’s proposal. They could just kill the man and take whatever he had in his pockets, but he was sure that his Uncle wouldn’t be too pleased with not getting all of his money back. As if he read his mind, Clayton smirked, ”Well, I don’t think you all would want to place yourself in the position where you had to tell your boss that you messed me up to the point where I couldn’t give you the rest of the money. And if he wants it back as bad as you say…it would seem that he would want me fully intact to be able to get the rest?” The tall man looked to Emery, knowing she would be the one to make the final call. ”I’ll sign anything you want me to, hell, if we want to be juvenile about it I’ll seal the deal with a pinky promise...or perhaps even a kiss He winked at Emery, giving her a devilish smile.

Braden’s jaw set as he took a step forward, ”You say one more inappropriate thing to her and I’ll shoot you in the sac.” He growled out threateningly.
with: Emery Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Stella BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27

Rikers Island Prison

James Porter

arrow-season7ep1-preview-images-jpg.875766
James was glad to hear Lucy wasn't focusing all of her attentions on blaming Gabriel for Matthew's murder. Whilst the Italian was the obvious and most likely suspect, it was still important to reserve judgement and stay alert for other potential threats. "The English. When are they not causing trouble?" James remarked, referring to the country as a whole rather than specifically the King Family. "No, I don't know why they would risk that. I'm aware the peace and cooperation between our two families has always been hanging on a thread, but I'm not aware of any reason they'd want to jeopardise that. Unless they've got something under their belt Conor is unaware of, it seems highly reckless that the Kings would take such a risk and for what reason?" With mention of Ricky, James let out an exasperated sigh. "Well, there's a motive there, but would he really be that obvious about it? I mean, he can be erratic. But to try kill his own cousin?" He returned the squeeze on Lucy's hand, sending the nearby CO a glare before the man bothered to berate them for the physical contact. "The kids can't go through this shit again, Luce. They've gone all this time in Dublin without having to suffer through a war and it needs to stay that way."

James returned Lucy's smile as she spoke of their grandchildren. "Damn right I need a call with them. I'm dying to hear about which girls they've fallen out with and then become best friends with again. Or why some boy is such an immature loser," he sarcastically joked, mocking the typical pre-teen gossip. "But I would like to chat to them. Even if it does mean listening to their dramas. It'll make a changed from the same old stories in this place.

When Lucy pressed for answers as to why he was now encouraging her to go to Dublin, James knew he couldn't tell her the real reason. Although they were always honest with each other, he didn't want her to start worrying about something she couldn't stop. He also didn't want her to change her mind and stay in New York, especially if it was to become dangerous. There was every chance James' refusal to do Moretti's dirty work would have dire consequences for him. "Luce, I don't have a life now I'm stuck in this place, but you shouldn't sacrifice yours too. I love our visits and it'll be hard not seeing you for a while, but our family is in Ireland. You and Olivia are apart from everyone every day, for the sake of an hour with me every week or two. I want you to go to Dublin so you can help Syd out and sort things with Thomas. Also, just so you can be around everyone again." He let out a sigh as she pressed about what had changed. "Look, it's always been risky you staying in New York whilst I've been in here. Giovanni made sure our part of Queens remained a peaceful zone and that Moretti stuck to his part of the deal. But now Giovanni has gone, I'm concerned that the peace won't be upheld. I don't want you and Olivia in a dangerous position if the truce collapses."

Briefly drawing Lucy's attention to Kurt, James decided to change the subject to something more positive. "Hey, so I got a new cellmate. After the initial urge he had to knock me out, we ended up chatting and we've got plenty in common. Kurt was practically brought up by your Uncle Jack, along with Arlene. He's a good bloke," he told her. "Aidan took care of Kurt's kid when the boy's mum died," he added, figuring Lucy would remember Aidan as the Sullivan security guard James was often talking to back in Dublin, years ago. "Benjamin is Kurt's son - he works at one of Conor's restaurants. If you happen to see him back in Dublin, make sure he's doing good, yeah? Francesco Moretti got his clutches on the boy's mother quite a few years back, so it's safe to say the lad has had it rough," he explained. He was sure Lucy would share his sentiment that Francesco got what he had deserved, in the end.

Bellz Bellz (Lucy)

The Sullivan Home
~Sutton, Dublin~
Aliana Cartwright-Sullivan

Leo Sullivan
DlugWxZUYAEyGLl.jpg
"Wha-what's wrong with what I'm wearing?" Leo asked, looking down at his blue t-shirt. He thought it was a nice shirt, though it was clear the women in the room disagreed strongly. "Everything," Ali stated, nodded her head to the stairs. Even his own mother had been against what he was currently wearing causing him to sigh. He turned his back to them and quickly made his way upstairs, shouting as he climbed the stairs. "Don't talk about me when I'm gone, either!" Ali just shook her head along with Blake and Natasha, wondering where she went wrong. "He's his father's child, I swear. You must have a ton of patience to even want to go out with him." She joked, turning her attention to Natasha. She knew her son would be a handful to whatever girl he seriously dated and just hoped they would be able to stick with him through all of it.

Ali raised her glass to her lips and nearly choked on her lemonade at the mention of Blake preferring Nat to be a lesbian. It was an unexpected comment which caused Ali to laugh. "Aw, don't worry. He not only has a nosey sister to make sure he isn't too much of an idiot but his mother as well. We'll nudge him in the right direction for you." She shot her a wink before listening to her speak to her mother. Ali had to purse her lips to keep from bursting out laughing while watching Natasha depart from the room. Blake asked her for something stronger than lemonade, to which Aliana motioned towards the liquor cabinet not too far away. "Something stiff, huh? You sure the alcohol is what you're talking about?" She teased, watching Blake sit back down with a bottle. After she poured her own drink Ali slid the bottle closer to her so she could make one herself. Listening to her friend's concern, she shrugged her shoulders. "It's been a long time. I think it's only normal to feel nervous, Blake." She took a sip and pointed at her. "I bet it's because you don't know what to expect. Or simply because of your relationship with Adam. You guys have been friends forever and to start dating makes things... Weird? I mean, when Conor and I took our friends with benefits relationship further it felt weird, so I understand how you're feeling." She took a pause to think before shaking her head. "You're thinking too much; it'll be okay." She reached out to grab her hand, giving her a reassuring squeeze. There was a brief pause before she narrowed her eyes at her, a joking smile on her face. "Are you really just worried because you haven't had sex in a while? It's like riding a bike, Blake." She joked.

Their conversation soon turned to her husband, Ali looking at the clock as well. "Ah, I stopped asking myself that question a while ago. Meetings run long, shit happens and he comes back late..." There was a hint of bitterness in her statement, though she knew he didn't mean to be away so often. Work kept him busy and work was important. It still didn't dismiss the fact that she missed his presence when he was away. She swirled her finger around the rim of her glass before giving her friend a smile. "I'm sure he'll be around here soon, but shouldn't you be getting to your date? Go, go. The girls will keep me company for now."

222%2B%25282%2529.jpg
The moment Leo was free of the women in the kitchen, he quickly looked for a different shirt to change into. He made sure to re-apply his deodorant before throwing it onto his bed and leaving his room. He ran back down the stairs until he saw Natasha and gestured to himself. "Pretentious blue button-down. Does that make you feel better?" He asked as he dug in the closet for a nicer jacket. "Mom, Mrs. Blake! We're out of here!" Without a second for them to respond, he grabbed onto Natasha's hand and gently pulled her out the door. "Well, since you were talking forever in there we have to get going, don't we?" Knowing full well it was his fault they were going to be late, he grinned at her while tossing his keys up in the air.

Natasha, Blake ( Bellz Bellz )

Roxie's Residence
~Ashtown, Dublin~

Reina Richards

64c326a780c6ee4119a9e0cbd5d2e107.jpg

Reina just sat and listened as the three of them spoke to each other, trying to separate whatever lies they may have been telling from the truth. It went without saying that she was always going to be skeptical of the two of them considering they stood to gain the most out of her death. At first, Reina was going to bite her tongue and just listen but she found herself injecting more than she meant to. At the mention of Roxie rushing back to Dublin too fast, she couldn't help but disagree. "Roxie doesn't live in New York, she lives in Dublin and that's where her children were. Of course, she would return home." Reina pinched the bridge of her nose, unsure as to why anyone would fault the woman for that. Of course, they had jumped to conclusions because Dublin was where the Sullivan's resided as well. That was the one thing she hated about this line of work, the conclusions and the rumors and people who liked to underestimate others. It was exhausting, to be quite honest, but what was there to be done about it?

She sat and listened to Roxie explain the three decisions she had pertaining to the situation she found herself in. To be quite honest, she hadn't expected the woman to go as far as she had. The change she saw over the past few days was a huge one, though it was understandable. She was grieving and in her grief, she was angry that someone came after her and ended up killing her fiance instead. Reina hadn't been in love in a long time, but she would have felt the same way, she thought. Hearing her accuse Ricky of doing something, threatening her family, she paid close attention to Ricky and Julia's reaction to her statement. Julia came to Ricky's defense, which made her narrow her eyes for a moment as she looked between to two of them. Though Reina prided herself on minding her business and not telling anyone about some of the things she saw and her, she couldn't miss the way they looked at each other. But, one suspicion at a time.

She had to sit up in her chair the moment she heard Ricky had had a meeting with Moretti himself, though he was not the head of the business. For some reason, it rubbed her the wrong way as she slightly tilted her head. "You... Had a meeting with Moretti? Without Roxie?" She looked at her boss, looking for any sign that the bodyguard has been crossing any lines that she should not be. If she were being quite honest, she could care less if she was considering it was hard for her to bite her tongue. The fact that her loyalty to Roxie had been sewn even deeper because of Matthew's death was her main cause to jump so readily to the woman's defense. But as she listened to Ricky explain what the meeting had been about, Reina slowly backed off from her own interrogation of Ricky. The man didn't have to tell them what the meeting was about, but he had just given them information about the whole thing.

Reina then turned her attention to Julia, shaking her head in disbelief. "I'm sorry, her children? You're really going to bring her children into this as if she's the first mob boss to have children? For fuckssake, Moretti has grandchildren. Sullivan's youngest is in fucking single digits and they're all capable of keeping those kids safe, so tell me. What makes you think she wouldn't be able to do the same?" She took a pause, frowning as she shrugged her shoulders and stuffed grapes into her mouth. "I mean unless you're threatening her with her own kids." Roxie apparently thought the same, thinking Julia was threatening her children. Reina had been privy to seeing Roxie go mother bear about her children before, but never with this intensity. Julia had definitely overstepped her boundaries by mentioning the children. Reina turned her attention to Ricky and chuckled. "Does she not have the knowledge and experience, then? Obviously so if Giovanni left her in charge." She stared at him when he asked about the children, narrowing her eyes again. "They're safe, don't worry about them. You can leave the snacks and I'll make sure they know good ole Cousin Ricky brought them."

Julia, Roxie ( Bellz Bellz )
Ricky ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )​

Roxie Carriveau
Julia Avvocata

Roxie's Residence

~Ashtown, Dublin~
Blue eyed smoking .png

Roxie was silent as she listened to Reina defend her choices. The young woman looked to her for a moment, clearly wanting to make sure that she wasn't crossing any lines and Roxie nodded her head slightly once in approval. Roxie didn't have a lot of people who were on her side with things these days, or that was how it felt. With Matthew dead and the children at Syd's, Roxie felt like she didn't have anyone left in the world. Ricky was sitting right before her, her own flesh and blood but now he was beginning to feel like a total stranger to her. The pair had never fought this much before...they were normally on the same side of things but it seemed like this time would be different. It already was. Roxie's jaw clenched as her cousin emphasized that any woman with the actual knowledge and experience to run a business could run it just as well, if not better, than a man. Clearly, a dig at her because the truth was that she was grossly under-qualified...at least in the traditional sense. He then asked where the kids were, saying that he had brought them treats and Roxie scowled at him feeling as though that was another dig. Reina told him to not worry about where the kids were, that they were safe and Roxie nodded her head to confirm it. Roxie felt that she had done the right thing by continuing to let the kids stay with their father but perhaps in other people's eyes, it was her taking the easy way out. As was heading straight back to Dublin after the will reading.

Extremely stressed and tired, Roxie put her head in her hands for a long moment...she felt a strong desire to just scream at the top of her lungs in frustration but she knew that would only further her cousin's case that she was in way over her head. "I may not be knowledgable and experience in the way that you are, Ricky. But clearly, Giovanni found my knowledge in other areas useful." Roxie said to her cousin as she moved to lean back in her seat once more. Crossing her arms, she stared at him for a long moment. "I may not have a body count like you, Conor, or Gabriel...but I think I possess something you all lack. Do you know what that is?" The brunette paused as she looked between Ricky and Julia. "I know you might not keep track of my work, Ricky. But if you ask Mitch, there has only been a handful of cases I've lost in my 10 years as a lawyer. I work not only as our family's attorney but also as an attorney for some of the vilest people in New York and Dublin." Anyone who knew Roxie knew that she didn't brag about her work, but this wasn't bragging, this was simply bringing a point to the forefront of everyone's mind. "I not only know how to run two successful firms, but I am an artist at negotiation, and my hunger to find the truth is insatiable. I also have many many many former clients who owe me all sorts of favors. Favors that perhaps your father felt would be important to our business later down the line. Given Moretti's bipolar behavior with our current agreement...I would say your father was smart to leave me in charge." Roxie's smirk was hollow as she sat up in her seat straighter. "I've come to learn in my years of representing the worst the world has to offer...that Gabriel isn't the only one with power in New York. His power only covers a small fraction of what the entire U.S. has to offer. Our family's businesses may depend on his support now...but it sounds to me you are getting pretty tired of dealing with him. Plus, we still have a good amount of businesses on the West Coast...since the Olympics last year Los Angeles has been booming. New York is becoming old and irrelevant. I might not have a business plan off the top of my head at the moment...but I could have it ready for you after I bury my fiancé." It pained her so much to say that, but she wouldn't allow the anguish to show on her face.

Julia raised her brow, "While I don't doubt your skills or knowledge as a lawyer, Roxie. There is a big difference between running a firm and running this type of business. There are so many different things at play here-" Roxie silenced her with a curt laugh, "This can hardly be any different. I mean, of course, it is, I've seen how this whole business and how it works with my own eyes, let's not forget. I have seen up close and personal what it's like to be in the middle of negotiation what it's like to be a hostage. But besides the blood you all spill, the body count you rack up...your job is hardly different than that of mine. At times, you play my part, arguing in defense of your beliefs, your crime, and what you believe is rightly yours. I think Giovanni chose me for this position because unlike Conor and Gabriel, who have been quick to play just executioner, I possess the ability to play all three. Judge, jury and if it comes to it in the end...executioner." Julia seemed to keep her mouth shut so Roxie looked to Ricky once more. "I'm not sure if you were aware, but your father didn't believe that this treaty would last much longer...he had little faith in Gabriel and Conor's ability to be patient much longer and I believe that perhaps now he was right."

"Whether Gabriel likes it or not, I am not giving up this position. Call me what you will, but I am not going to bend to the will of the sleaze bag like so many others have in the past. Now as for you, I told you that you and I could work together as a team on this." Roxie sighed, "I know I came back to New York quicker than I should...but I had three children who needed me home. As Reina said, it shouldn't be seen as anything other than me coming home to my kids." Moving to push a strand of hair from her face, Roxie shook her head and looked at a picture of Matthew and her that she had yet to take off the fireplace. "You want to prove you care for me, Ricky? Then stand by me on this. Hell, teach me. I'll ask for your guidance if that makes you feel better. And the next opportunity I have, I'd like to meet with Gabriel myself. We have a lot to discuss."
with: Ricky Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Reina Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

(HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISTY!! 🎉🥳)

♡ ♤ Lucky's Casino ♧ ♢

Emery Callahan

vaincelebratedgiraffe-max-1mb-gif.879571
"Enough with the 'sweetheart'! It's at least two successful dates before anyone should even consider calling me sweetheart," Emery berated Clayton. She wasn't impressed about him saying life was a gamble, even if she liked to live her personal life in something of a more spontaneous manner than when conducting business. Plans were fine when it was work, but in reality, she liked to live for today without worrying too much about where she'll be in five years. "Things is. My boss really doesn't like being put on hold..." she said, pulling an uncomfortable expression. She wasn't uncomfortable, but Clayton would be if he didn't pay Conor soon.

Emery watched as Stella brought her gold pistol into view. "Ohhh, isn't it pretty? I wonder if the bullets are gold too. You could fish them out of your kneecaps and try sell them on for more cash to gamble away." She grinned whilst sending Stella a sideways glance. "She doesn't miss," she repeated, to confirm the other woman's assurance.

Emery listened as Clayton explained that he didn't have all of the money he owed Conor, offering to pay half now and work out a deal to pay the rest later. She looked to Braden as he pointed out the guy had had enough time to the get money together already. He pointed out that the man would likely just keep gambling away the rest of the money he owed. Emery knew she had been told to take charge of this job, so it was her decision in the end. She knew she couldn't return to Conor empty-handed, but Clayton also went on to mention if they roughed him up enough that he couldn't pay up the rest then Conor would be disappointed too. Regardless of the fact Conor could live without the money Clayton owed, it was a matter of principle and not letting people get away with crossing the Mob.

When the man made his remark about sealing the deal with a kiss, Emery was about to call his bluff. Perhaps move in to kiss him and follow up with a swift kick between the legs. Braden's reaction, however, soon caused her to retract such a thought. Her brother wasn't playing in his defence for her. "Alright, there'll be no kissing going on here. Give us all the money you've got. Half, you said?" she ordered him, taking a step closer. "We'll be meeting again to take the rest, and interest will be added every day it's not paid back in full. However, there may be other ways you can repay the Boss. As long as you owe him money, he owns you. We're always in the market for a disposable errand boy," she told him, with a wink.

BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 (Stella) Bellz Bellz (Braden)

Shona King

1620584008872.png“No seafood, gotcha,” Shona acknowledged with a nod, pleased that the meal she had planned wouldn’t be a problem for her guest. “Yeah, my midwife gave me a list of food to avoid, too, and it mentioned some fish...Thankfully cod wasn’t on there, though. What would life be without fish and chips?”

Shona gently blew on her tea as she listened to Shirley give an account of her background. She smiled slightly at mention of Dublin, having picked up on her accent already. Having lived in London all her life, she might not have recognised it straight away were it not for her friendship with Savannah. The two hardly saw each other since her brother-in-law Alex had driven her away, breaking off their engagement. Shona didn’t consider it her place to get involved, but she did wish that Savannah would visit more often, even if just so they could have a catch up.

Hearing that both of her parents had played active roles in the Korean War caused her to raise her eyebrows. She wondered about the impact that would have had on her childhood, and, though she would never say it out loud, wondered if her own childhood would have been better if her father had enlisted in the army. If he had been sent away even for a few months, she imagined that life would have been far easier for her and her family. “That’s quite the journey,” she remarked, upon being told that her family had emigrated to Ireland for a chance at a more peaceful life. “Do you see them much these days? They must be keen to meet their little grandchildren. My own mum’s in a home now with Alzheimer’s. She struggles to remember me most days, but I’m still planning on introducing her to my little one. I just want to see her with my baby in her arms...Whether she knows they’re her grandchild or not, I know it’ll make her happy.” She smiled softly at the image. Visiting her mother could be difficult at times, but she had mostly grown used to her mental state by now and had learned how to get the most out of her company on each visit.

As Shirley told her about what she did in her free time, Shona had to consciously clear the sympathy from her expression before the woman noticed. It hadn’t escaped her attention that in all the times they had spoken, Shirley had never once mentioned any kind of social life. She hoped that with a few more invitations, the two would build up enough of a friendship that she could be sure the woman wasn’t completely alone. When asked about her own hobbies, Shona took a sip of her tea as she thought about how her life had changed throughout the course of her pregnancy. “Well, my mum was a seamstress most of her life, so growing up with her taught me some things...I find making clothes for the baby helps pass the time. Something I don’t have to be on my feet for, you know?” She exhaled and closed her eyes for a second as she sank back into the sofa, feeling herself grow tired from her earlier outing. “I still like going to parties, of course, if there are comfy seats somewhere,” she went on, shooting Shirley a playful wink. “And I go down to my husband’s pub fairly often. Not to drink, of course - but the people in there know me and they treat me well. Spencer and his siblings frequent the place, so it makes a nice opportunity to get out of the house and socialise.”

She paused to consider how much she would be able to keep a secret from Shirley as they continued to spend time together. Despite not being involved in the action, Shona was complicit in the King family’s crimes as Spencer’s wife. The gang made up a significant part of her life and she knew she would have to be careful to keep it hidden from any external friends she made, including Shirley. “I like to play host, too,” she decided to add. “As well as a big family, Spencer has a few friends and colleagues that he’ll bring over from time to time. Even though it can be tiring preparing the house and the food, I like the company. They’re always sweet to me, no matter who they are. Probably ‘cause they know what Spencer would do to them if they weren’t!” She giggled to herself, proud of her husband’s protective nature. Having been in enough abusive relationships prior to Spencer, Shona understood well the difference between a possessive man and a man willing to stick up for the woman he loved. “One of these days, I’ll invite you to one of our little get-togethers. I’ll make us some fun alcohol-free cocktails, put out a spread, get some good music going. You know, once our babies are born, parties will be harder to make time for - us girls need to get our fun time in while we can!”

Interactions
BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 Shirley

Rikers Island Prison

Benjamin Reznik

jeremy-irvine-exclusive-portraits-2-jpg.877369
Benjamin was glad Kurt shared his feelings about saving the last roll of film for a rainy day. Some people called him sentimental about matters, but they didn't know about his childhood. Every memory and sentimental item he had from his parents was something he would hold onto. In his mother's case, all he had left were memories and gifts she'd given him before her death. Be it her beloved camera or simply the toy car she'd found whilst walking home, he would treasure them because she had thoughtfully given them to her boy.

Benjamin smiled when Kurt reached out to squeeze his arm, but the expression faltered as he heard the guard order the physical contact ceased. The CO's words irritated Benjamin and it was only his father's calm lack of acknowledgement for the instruction that kept Benjamin from protesting out loud. He hated the way a father and son couldn't just be left to mind their own business. He longed for the days they could hang out together without some jumped up CO breathing down their necks. He lightly shook his head but was soon drawn out of his frustrations when Kurt said he reminded him of Dolores. "Oh, you're right there. That all came from Mom," he chuckled as he teased his father. Once his amusement faded, it made way for a serious expression. "I'm sorry I didn't save her. After everything she did for me, I should have been able to protect her," he sadly admitted, his eyes lowering to focus down to the table for a short time.

Knowing his father didn't need to be troubled or have his mood brought down, he actively pushed his insecurity aside to make sure the visit was as pleasant as it could be. All he wanted to do was give Kurt positive news to keep him going once he was locked up in his cell again. Talking about his work and Lorelei had improved the mood again. He laughed as Kurt asked who he would tell if he did have a crush on Lorelei. "Hmm, I don't know. I bet you and Aidan are all about the gossip when you speak on the phone. That's all it takes before he's relentlessly teasing me about 'fancying a girl'," the young man joked.

Benjamin was curious when Kurt's eyes widened at mention of James Porter being related to the pretty redhead. He pulled a slightly puzzled expression as Kurt glanced over his shoulder. Once he'd explained James was in fact his cellmate, Benjamin's cheeks uncontrollably blushed again. "Oh shit," he whispered, but a smile then formed to match Kurt's. Judging by his father's reaction, it wasn't a bad thing that James and Kurt shared a cell. "Phew. I'm glad you're getting along. It would have been too awkward if you hated each other," he remarked. Although Kurt reassured him he didn't have to stop liking Lorelei because he shared a cell with her uncle, Benjamin wanted to make sure his father wasn't just being nice to him. "Are you sure? I don't want to make things uncomfortable for you in here. You don't get much say in who you share a cell with, whereas I have a choice in whether I pursue any attractions," he reasoned. "But yeah, anyone will soften up when they see Mom and my adorable little face in those photos."

When Kurt knocked his fist against the table to draw in his attention, Benjamin sat forward and looked to his father's face. When he spoke of the mob members who often flew out to New York, the younger man processed what he was getting at and smile whilst quickly nodding his head. "I'd love that. You know I'd be here much more often if I could afford the flights," he assured him. As he spoke of Adam Harper, Benjamin let out a laugh. "Oh yeah, I know that jerk," he joked. "No, you're right. He is a good guy. We often have a chat when he checks on the restaurant," he explained. When asked if he knew any of James' kids, Benjamin listened to the names and slowly nodded. "I think I've only heard mentions of Thomas and Olivia before. I've met Syd, though. He's like, Conor's second in command or something? I remember Conor introduced him as being pretty high up, and we've spoken on occasions," he said, unable to supress a smile at being able to talk about shared connections with Kurt. "I'll make sure I tell them you said hi."

Benjamin laughed as the conversation turned back to Lorelei, and Kurt warning him not to screw anything up. "Hey, I'll have you know I'm a complete gentleman. Any father or uncle would be happy to have me dating the young lady in question. Even the scary old man you share your cell with," he said, lowering his voice on the last sentence.

Before he could say anything more, the bell sounded for the end of the visiting period. This was followed by one of the numerous COs instructing the visits to come to the end and the visitors to leave through the appropriate door. The prisoners, meanwhile, would have to remain in the seats until they were ordered otherwise. "Shit, already?" Benjamin grumbled. As he got up from his seat, he took the opportunity to give Kurt another quick embrace. "Hurry up and get your ass to Dublin," he lightly ordered, though it was clear he deep down meant the words. "We've got a lot of ground to cover out there," he added. It wasn't meant to make Kurt feel bad, if anything, he hoped it gave him hope and motivation to get out of jail one day.

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Kurt)
Bellz Bellz (Lorelei, Lucy)

Chase Zegarra

1620658617346.pngAdam’s teasing comment drew a smirk from Chase, but as soon as he planted the idea of him being bullied into Chase’s mind, his smile faltered. His grades were fairly average, though possibly brought down by his poor attendance record. All those sick days the boy had pulled, the bad moods he would come home from school in, the tears and arguments when Chase refused to let him stay home, not believing that he was too ill to sit in a classroom and do some work. The thought had crossed his mind before, but whenever he asked Michael why school made him so upset, the boy refused to tell him anything.

Before he could think too long, Jasmine assured Adam that they would know if their son was being bullied and that he had inherited his reserved personality from his father. He mirrored the loving smile she then showed him, forcing his concern to the back of his mind, and let out a chuckle at her observation of the Zegarra women being the assertive, confident ones in the family. As if to prove her point, Emilia drew everyone’s attention by asking Adam if he could show her how to replace a spark plug. Chase wondered if she even knew what a spark plug was, but he had to admire her budding interest in car mechanics. It gave her something in common with her Godfather, whose relationship with his children he loved watching develop.

The room turned more serious as Adam spoke of wanting to settle down and admitted to having moved on from meaningless flings and one-night-stands. He smiled warmly at his idea of bringing the same partner to more than one party. Even since being married, Chase didn’t have trouble attracting women when he was out without Jasmine, but he had always found the interactions awkward, and despite watching Adam achieve it countless times in the past, he couldn’t imagine himself getting comfortable enough with a stranger to end up in bed with her by the end of the night. Flirting didn’t come naturally to him at all and his relationship with Jasmine had developed so slowly that her patience alone demonstrated to him that she was the right partner for him. “I’d like to see you get serious with someone, too,” he told Adam. “I mean, they say looks fade, and we all know you ain’t getting any younger!”

Despite the temptation to tease his friend, Chase really did want to see Adam in a loving relationship and was hopeful about the idea of him settling down with Blake. It wasn’t often the man was so open about his feelings so he didn’t want to ruin the moment. “Blake’s a special one, it’s true,” he said. “Can’t imagine how hard it’d be to date someone who wasn’t already used to this kind of business, let alone someone you know you can trust with it. The fact you already have a good friendship with her makes a big difference, too. You’re a mature guy who’s spent enough years looking after yourself so at least she won’t have to worry about you depending on her to cook your meals and iron your shirts - and even though this dating thing might be new for you both, you know she’s just as strong and independent as you. To me it sounds like a good match. And hey - if things ever do go wrong, Jas and I are right here, if you ever need a hand. Almost 12 years of marriage, now.” He couldn’t help but smile proudly as he turned to face his wife, and planted a quick kiss on her lips.

Sensing Adam’s anticipation for his upcoming date, Chase took the hint and knocked back the rest of his beer. “Ahh, I’m sure Liam wouldn’t leave him behind,” he said, only to ease the man’s concern. “But we might as well go, get out of your hair. Don’t want to be here when your date arrives and take away from your first interaction.” Removing his arm from around Jasmine’s waist, he got to his feet and moved to toss his beer bottle in the bin. “Come on, chicas,” he called to his daughters. “Time to get your brother and go home.” Allowing Emilia a moment to tear herself from the car magazine she was looking at, Chase turned to Adam and reached out to pat his arm. “Hope tonight goes well,” he said with a smile. “I’m proud of you, man.”

With a playful growl, Chase stooped to pick up Safia and pressed a kiss into her plump cheeks. “Say bye bye to Adam,” he said, gently nudging Safia’s wrist with his finger to prompt her to wave. He chuckled on his way out of the door. “See you soon, asere. Come on, Emilia...”

Misty Gray Misty Gray Adam, Jasmine, Emilia, Safia

Bellz Bellz Blake (your cue!)

* * * * *​

Saint Saviour's Church
~Beaumount~

Father Silas Healy
Chase Zegarra
1620683444923.png The way that Sinead responded so enthusiastically to Silas’ praise for Liam gave him a glimpse into the kind of relationship she might have with her son. She seemed to believe in his good side, eager to explain his recent behaviour by the grief he had been going through, not just from his teacher but also his grandmother. “Mm, I can see that,” he quietly commented, looking off distantly towards the vestry where he had left the two boys with Patience. “Well, he’s young, your boy. There’s plenty of time to train the aggression out of him yet.” He turned back to face her again, offering her a smile - but from his eyes shone a look of deeper understanding. “Even Liam knows there’s enough violence in this city as it is.”

Silas kept a neutral expression when Sinead told him with a sheepish laugh that opening up about her troubled history would likely have her thrown out of the church altogether. He didn’t feel a need to ask. “You may consider me young and lacking in life experience, Mrs. Callahan, and I wouldn’t blame you - it is never my intention to marry or have children like you yourself did, and I spend a great deal of time in the church and the school and I have never lived outside of Dublin. But I can assure you, in my relatively short life, in this small but eventful city, I have known my fair share of woes. That’s why people seek my counsel, you see - and why people pray to God. A burden shared is a burden halved.”

“It isn’t my duty to pry, Mrs. Callahan, only to listen,” he assured her, maintaining a gentle tone. “And that I am willing to do for anyone, regardless of creed or lack thereof. There is a passage in the Gospel of Matthew in which Christ says, ‘come unto me, all you who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.’ That rest he offers is not conditional, Mrs. Callahan. It is available to whoever seeks it. Rest assured, there is nothing the Church would turn you away for.”

Before they could continue their conversation, their privacy was interrupted by the creaking of the old, heavy door. Silas looked up to see a heavily-built man with a toddler in his arms, accompanied by an attractive woman and another little girl, and excused himself from Sinead so that he could stand and greet the family. “Hello,” he said, bringing his hands together in front of him as he moved towards them. “Are you Michael Zegarra’s family?”

“Yes, we are,” Chase said with a polite smile as he lightly bounced Safia in his arms. It had been many years since he had last found himself inside a church and upon stepping through the door, he felt immediately vulnerable, as if he was being watched and judged. He tried to tell himself that it was just a building - after all, it didn’t look all that similar to the church he used to attend back in Viñales - but he couldn’t deny the effect the atmosphere was having on him. Hoping to make the trip a quick one, he asked, “Is he being good?”

“Good as gold,” Silas assured him, allowing his smile to reach up to his eyes. “I’ll go and help them finish up and bring them out to you.” With that, he set off back towards the vestry and disappeared behind the door, plunging the room into silence.

Michael Zegarra
1620685310003.png Michael didn’t understand why Liam was laughing at him - he was already embarrassed enough in the presence of the beautiful woman, but his cheeks reddened even further to be made a fool of in front of her. “Why can’t they?” he argued, annoyed at his friend for making him look stupid. Patience gently assured him that she wasn’t a priest, but a church administrator. Michael dared to look at her again to show that he was listening, but he failed to hold his gaze for more than a couple of seconds before staring down at his flyer again. Still, he continued to listen as she listed a few examples of what her job entailed, noticing that all of her duties seemed to place her on the church grounds.

When asked about what he enjoyed doing and what his thoughts were on a future career, Michael thought for a moment, keeping his eyes on the flyer he had designed. Then he shrugged. “I like drawing,” he confessed, before looking up at Patience with more ease. “My dad’s an artist. He doesn’t call himself one, but he paints things. Pictures and stuff. But he doesn’t sell them, though. I don’t know if it counts as a job.”

Michael turned to look at Liam, then, hoping that he would take over the conversation so that he wouldn’t have to keep talking. Then again, as scary as it was being in the spotlight, part of him liked having Patience’s attention. Something inside him, something he didn’t understand, was compelling him to impress her somehow. He just didn’t know what it would take. Before long, the priest opened the door and stepped in.

“Your families are here, boys,” Silas announced. “We’ll continue this another time. I hope you’ll both think some more about what we discussed today. Any more trouble with those classmates of yours, you can take it to me.”

Michael looked down at his unfinished flyer. While he was always glad to go home, the perfectionist in him was disappointed to have to leave it behind. Looking up to the priest, he asked, “Can I come back and work on these again?”

“Any time, my son,” Silas replied with a smile.

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray Sinead, Patience, Liam, Jasmine, Emilia & Safia

Blake McCarthy
Natasha McCarthy

The Sullivan Home
~Sutton, Dublin~
Nodding her head as Ali said that it was normal to feel nervous, Blake couldn't help but think about how weird it was to feel that way. Even with Jackson, she had been nothing but confident in her actions, but that was when she had all the time in the world to find someone. Now in her 50s, she felt like now was either the time to find someone to spend the rest of her days with or live them alone. She had been content, in the beginning, to live the rest of her life a lonely widow because she couldn't see a future past Jackson but time had informed her that she did have a future and the 13 years she had spent grieving him were long enough. "I guess I really don't know what to expect...which is unusual for me. I was always so good at expecting the unexpected back when I was younger. I always understood where things were headed before shit hits the fan." Blake mentioned to her friend before taking another sip of her drink. Ali was right that it felt weird to be going on a date with Adam. Sure, they had been casually flirting back and forth for a long time now, but Blake had always made it somewhat clear that that was as far as she would dare to go. Now that they had taken it to the next level, Blake was afraid of where that might take them and if things didn't work out...Blake wasn't sure if she would recover. If it were some random man she was going out on a date with, she wouldn't be fretting as much as she was...but this was Adam. So her anxieties about how it would all end for them were valid.

Blake glared at Ali as she joked about her being worried about sex. "Hey! I still got it! I think..." Blake said as she made a worried face. "But I don't think I'll have to worry about that tonight. Oh god, I didn't even think about that. Thanks a lot, Al." Blake joked uneasily. After Blake had asked where Conor was, she gave the woman a small smile as Ali answered her. There was a bit of bitterness to her tone that Blake knew well...it was the same tone all the married women in the family used often. Placing a hand on Ali's shoulder, Blake smiled a little wider, "He'll be home soon, I'm sure of it. I bet you as soon as I leave here, he'll show up." Ali agreed that she was sure he'd be home soon before ushering Blake to get a move on with her date. "Oh alright, I guess it's time to go." Blake said with a fake sigh before standing to give Ali a hug, "If I'm not home before midnight...just assume I'm leaving the kids with you tonight. I'll make sure to return the favor so you and Mr. Boss can get a night out away from the kids too."

Natasha had been impatiently waiting for Leo at the bottom of the stairs as her mother walked into the entryway, clearly on her way out. Blake stopped in front of her daughter and gave the girl a kiss on the forehead, "You behave yourself tonight, don't give poor Leo too much of a hard time, okay?" Natasha scoffed lightly, "I'll try not to." She said jokingly before rolling her eyes and moving to hug her mom. "I told Ali that if I'm not home by midnight to assume that you and Collin are just going to spend the night." Natasha nodded her head lightly, "I don't want to know why you wouldn't come home but...just have fun, okay? You've grieved for more than a decade...I think-I think dad would want you to live the rest of your life out with someone who makes you happy, I hope Adam is that someone." Blake's eyes immediately watered as she smiled at her girl, pushing some blonde hair from her face. "I love you." She told her daughter, giving her a final squeeze before calling out to Collin. When the boy didn't answer, Blake turned to Natasha and told her to give her brother a hug for her. Moving out the door just as Leo was down the stairs, she shut it before quickly moving towards her car once she saw the time on her wristwatch.

Natasha smiled widely at Leo, "Much better." She said in response as he dug in the closet for a nice jacket. Once he was ready he called out to his mom and Natasha's to which the blonde smiled, "Oh she headed out the door before you even came down the stairs. Slowpoke." She teased just as he took her hand. Her cheeks felt warm as he gently pulled her towards the door. He blamed their tardiness on her talking forever to which she groaned and rolled her eyes. "Oh yea, it's my fault." She said with a bit of attitude as they made their way toward his car. The gate was already open as her mom's car was just passing through so they were easily able to get out of the driveway and onto the main residential road with ease.
with: Ali Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess ; Leo Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess
Blake McCarthy

Adam's Home

~ Drumcondra, Dublin ~
Black dress white background .png
The drive was relatively short to Adam's but it gave Blake plenty of time to think. She had felt the strong urge to call off the date and just go home despite everyone's approval but she had fought the urge and continued driving. Once she was parked across the street from his place, Blake sat in the car for a moment and pulled down the sun visor to look in the mirror. Moving to apply another coat of lipstick, she smacked her lips together lightly before moving her hands to her hair to tease it. After a final look in the mirror, Blake took a deep breath before pushing the visor up and moving to get out of the car. The place was different from what she expected...but honestly, she wasn't exactly sure what she was expecting visually.

Blake looked both ways before crossing the street, her heels clicking lightly as she walked up to the door. She heard other voices behind it and was curious to know who he had over. Her hand hovered over the door momentarily as she forced herself to take another breath. After another moment, she knocked on the door three times before returning to hold her clutch in both of her hands nervously swiping her thumbs against the fabric as she waited for someone to answer the door. She waited only a few seconds and then the door opened to reveal Adam, "Hi." Blake said lightly, smiling sweetly at the bunch as she took in Adam's appearance. "Well don't you clean up nice?" She said teasingly.
with: Adam + Jasmine Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Chase Pyroclast Pyroclast
Natasha McCarthy

Le Steakhouse

(...I didn't have time to come up with a name)
~Downtown Dublin ~
black and white dress .jpg
Luckily for them, Natasha and Leo were able to make it within the time frame before their table was given to another couple who hadn't made a reservation. After they were seated at the rounded booth in the corner of the restaurant, Natasha felt like she could finally relax. "You are one lucky man." Natasha joked, "If we would have lost our reservation I wouldn't have been a happy camper. But, if we were forced to eat McDonald's down the street that wouldn't have been too terrible. I am a sucker for that Big Mac." She chuckled before her eyes took in Leo's full appearance. "You look nice, I don't think I had the chance to say that to you at the house...but thanks for cleaning up." She said smiling softly before a waiter came to take their drink order. After ordering herself champagne the waiter asked for Leo's order before asking if they would like anything to start. Natasha shook her head lightly but made it known if Leo wanted something he could get it. Once the waiter was gone, Natasha moved to look at the menu.

"Not sure if I care or not if it's unladylike to order the biggest steak on the menu..." Natasha chuckled, "I forgot to eat lunch while running errands with my mom so I am confident I could finish off a huge steak." Once she decided on what she wanted, she waited for Leo to decide before they both set their menus down. "So besides school being boring...are you at least learning something valuable?" She asked lightly, wondering if that was a good place to start their conversation for the evening. So far, Natasha was trying hard to make it at least a little obvious that they were on a date...but Leo had clearly stated that they weren't and Natasha just didn't know how to break it to him without weirding him out. Biting her painted red lip nervously, Natasha moved a hand to her hair and started twirling a strand around her finger.
with: Leo Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back