• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Rikers Island Prison
~ Rikers Island, New York City ~

James Porter and Nicholas Ramsey

giphy-gif.873664
James had already told the man standing in front of him to "fuck off", yet from his seat at the bench his view of the exercise yard was still being obscured by the man standing in his way. James looked up to the man's face, which was barely an improvement from starting him in the trouser crotch. "I told you to fuck off," he warned Nicholas one more time. Clearly the man wasn't in a hurry to comply, which prompted James to get to his feet.

"I'm not the only one who's waiting for your answer, Porter," Ramsey informed him, cocking his head to the side to signal towards the four corrections officers standing by the doorway that led back inside the jail complex. "If you don't do your bit, then it stops them from doing theirs, and then you all piss of the boss. You've got drugs to sell and snitches to kill. Just because that whore wife of yours and little Oli--" Nicholas was unable to finish his sentence on account of his throat suddenly been crushed and restricted in the strong grip of James' hand. The Irish man slammed Nicholas's back against the wall as he maintained the constricting hold around his neck.

"Get it into your thick head that I'm not doing anything else for your boss. The drugs and the snitch are not my problem!" James hissed, bringing his face within inches of Nicholas'. He loosened his grip on the man's throat as he saw the guards approaching from out the corner of his eye, but he didn't let go entirely. "From now on, you need to stay away from me. There is nothing left for your lot to threaten me with. Whether I die in here today or in 20 years time, I don't give a shit."

Despite James still threatening Nicholas, the COs remained a short distance away and didn't intervene, seemingly waiting for Ramsey to give them a signal. When James finally released Nicholas' throat and took a step back, the other man took a moment to catch his breath back, having had his airways briefly cut off. The first thing he used his regained ability to breathe for was to let out an exaggerated laugh. "After what you did to Moretti's family? I expect you'll have to wait a long while before you get to die in here. He will repay you with as many painful and torturous years as possible... You should just do as you're told and continue to enjoy the privileges he's allowed you to have for the last few years. It's a no-brainer."

tumblr_piv2o6rgqH1upkpglo4_400.gif"I'm done, Ramsey. Moretti will have to get someone else to do his dirty work in here for him." Deciding the COs were taking too long to step in, James dealt a heavy punch into Nicholas' jaw, which prompted the four COs to rush towards James to take him down. The lead officer kicked James in the back of the knees before hitting the back of his head with a baton.

"Hey now, officers. No harm done here," Nicholas said, laughing as he wiped his now bloody mouth with the back of his sleeve. "Porter's just handed in his resignation and he hopes you'll give him the full welcoming party in the box." Nicholas crouched down to James' level on the floor and flashed a devious smile. "And we'll make sure your new friends don't miss you too much. I'll ensure Bradley gets plenty of attention and that he knows he can thank you for every bit of his suffering. Kid should have stayed well away from you."

Before James could protest, he felt the weight of two guards on his back as they forced him face-down on the ground, pushing the side of his face into the gravel, hard enough for the stones to pierce his skin. "I'm looking forward to this. Mr. Moretti sends his regards," one of the COs quietly threatened James directly into his ear. Once the Irish prisoner's hands were restrained behind his back, the guards dragged him back onto his feet and one of them slammed his fist heavily into James' gut for extra measure. He was then ushered by the four COs into the prison building and down to the solitary confinement cells, clearly our for blood.

Mentions/Nearby: BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 (James, Bradley) Pyroclast Pyroclast (Kurt)

Last edited:
Rexford Murphy

The Docklands, Dublin

Headshot.jpgWhen Rexford came to the corner of the building, he stopped to listen for anything out of the ordinary before as he slowly poked his head to scan the parking lot. While looking apparently devoid of life, he could barely make out a low idle, but unsure as which vehicle it was coming from. At least until a man stepped out of the car.

"Bloody hell, Clayton..." he started under his breath before continuing it in his head, "...is this how you make your bits?"

Rexford had drank with the man before a number of times, although they didn't always agree with the gambler, he learned a few things from watching Clayton work the barroom. The man would tell any tale, to anyone, if he thought they'd prefer it. And he'd heard so many versions, even Rexford wasn't sure himself which one was true. But now he was about to witness the truth and started moving excitedly to the other end to warehouse to confirm what he'd suspected.

As he cautiously rounded the corner, his heart now beating hard, and his mind working on possible exit routes, just in case. If he was right about what he stumbled upon, then he'd have a possible lead for work he actually enjoyed. As the backs of the two men from the boat came into view, Rexford strained his ears in hopes of overhearing the interaction, but was confused by the few words he did manage to catch, such as "Megamouth". This cryptic exchange was cut short when he saw the men's backs stiffen. The viscera pop out from the back of one of their head a split second before the tandem rifle shots caught him off guard, and by the time he finished flinching, a third shot popped a similar hole in the second man's head. It didn't click in for Rexford what had happened until both the men lie crumpled on the ground.

Instinctively, he took a few steps backwards as the echoes of gunfire died. His senses kicked into overdrive as he weighed whether or not to check on Clayton was a safe thing to do. The sound hurried footsteps caused him back pedal toward the building's side, stopping only as two figures, Clayton and someone he didn't immediately recognize, duck into the alleyway he was now trying his best to blend into by remaining as still as possible.

Amidst wishing that he heard nothing about diamonds was when the woman's voice asked him to identify himself. "Uh..." he trailed off, his brain desperately sorting through what the best answer to give in the couple seconds he unintentionally bought himself. Not finding one, he decided to default to playing dumb, "...I, I just work here, miss," he said gesturing to to the relatively uniform attire the dockhands tended to wear. "Ain't that right, Clayton?" he added reflexively. Rexford visibly cringed as he silently chastised himself for playing dumb a bit too well.

"Look, I ain't no hero, just wanna walk out of this alive," he said, trying make his intentions perfectly clear.

Misty Gray Misty Gray |Emery
Bellz Bellz | Clayton

Bruce King
Syd Porter

1629214976080.png The warning that Conor gave in response to Bruce's passing threat drew no verbal reply from the man. Instead he simply held his stony eyes on him as he wondered how the Sullivans might react when they found out they were up against not only the Kings but also the Morettis. Bruce was happy to let them feel confident, knowing that they would be in for a shock when the fight really got going. Judging by Conor's words and behaviour, it was becoming clear that a war between the gangs was inevitable. It wasn't the outcome that Bruce wanted, but he had given Conor the option to compromise and the man still seemed set on sorting out the dispute the hard way.

The Irishman showed a glimpse of his reasonable side when he sympathised with Bruce's desire to see more of Callum. Bruce knew he had it in him; as powerful as Conor was and as ruthless as he could be, he was also a family man at heart. He refrained from rolling his eyes, however, when the man went on to suggest that the King's would punish Savannah if she set foot in London. "Is my word not good enough for you these days?" Bruce asked as he brought his whisky to his lips for a sip. "How about this, then: Savannah don't go where she don't want to and instead I send someone to pick Callum up and bring him to London. If that someone comes back with so much as a scratch, I'll level one of your establishments. I ain't gonna fuck about on this one, Sullivan. Alex ain't out for revenge, long as he gets to see his boy. If he don't see Savannah ever again that's alright with him, same as Spencer, and they're the only hotheads involved in this matter. Just let ‘em see Callum and you and Savannah ain’t got nothin’ to worry about.”

Without reacting, Bruce kept his eyes firmly set on Conor when he described their situation as already being a mess. He went on to describe a shooting aimed at Savannah’s sister Emery and implied his suspicion that the Kings were behind the attack as a retaliation to the ambush they had made on Spencer. “I have no interest in spoilin’ what’s left of our working relationship, Conor,” he assured the man, lifting his hands slightly in defence. “You lot are a powerful connection to have and it’s a privilege to be in business with ya’. That’s why I came here to sit down and talk it out, try and salvage the situation. I could’ve gone nasty on ya’, but what good would that do? Come on, Sullivan, think about what I’m after. Killin’ one of yours ain’t gonna get me the kid.”

Reaching for his tumbler once again, Bruce downed the last of its contents before placing it down in the centre of the table and leaning forward. “Right. I think I’ve made myself clear enough. Either we can draw up a calendar now, or -” He held up a finger, looking between Conor and Syd. “You can continue to isolate Callum from his lovin’ family down in London and see what happens. Given you’ve clearly already got some sorta’ fight on your hands, I suggest you think about this wisely.”

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray Conor, Kane

Billy King

tumblr_93fa292b08b7c7c9f6a89787286d9094_4e447c97_250.gif As Erik scoffed at his heartfelt words, Billy felt helpless. He had tried pleading, he had tried pouring his heart out to the man, but Erik was more stubborn than he had thought. Billy didn’t mind deep, personal conversations with people he trusted and felt close to - in fact, he quite enjoyed them - but the confrontational aspect of this one made it deeply uncomfortable. He had never been the kind of person to openly express his feelings, so it had taken a lot for him to tell Erik what he meant to him. Even then, his words had come out completely unrehearsed and even though he was trying to speak from the heart, he wasn’t sure if he would have more to say had he had more time to prepare. Perhaps then they would have been making some sort of difference; as it stood, however, Erik appeared unmoved and even sceptical.

Work and the family business had trained Billy to expect the unexpected and he had always been a keen problem solver when the problem was a logical one, but emotional issues were something he was far less confident at dealing with and therefore didn’t often do a very good job. The hot tingling on the palm of his hand was enough of a reminder that he needed to remain in control. Frustrating as it was, Billy’s anger had all but left him the moment he had hit Erik, so his frustration instead took the form of a desperate, gnawing fear. Erik wasn’t budging and Billy was running out of ways to get through to him.

There was a heavy silence between them as he waited for Erik to respond. It pained him to see his friend so clearly conflicted and it hurt more still that he might have had a better chance of avoiding a fight if he had known what was going on. Except that it didn’t feel like just a fight this time; the way Billy saw it, this conversation could be their last.

Eventually, Erik spoke up to express that he needed a few days, presumably to get his head together and decide how to go forward. Billy interpreted this as him giving up and for a moment just continued to gaze at the man, his heart pounding - but then a surge of determination overcame him and he knew he had to keep fighting. “And then what?” he said, before Erik could walk away. “What’s gonna change in a few days if I let you go? Erik, face it - all a few days is gonna give you is more time to get high and stew in your anger. You're better off just havin' it out with me now.” He paused to wave a hand towards the cocaine in Erik’s pocket. “Who sold that stuff to you, anyway? Is it ours?”

A small part of him was concerned that Erik was buying from their competition, or stealing from the Kings’ inventory, either of which he would feel obliged to tell Spencer or Bruce about. If it was really drug abuse that he was witnessing, that would certainly be of the Kings’ concern. However, informing his family of anything was far less of a priority to Billy at that moment than was Erik’s well-being and the future of their relationship. It was the business side of him that had made him ask the question - right now, he didn’t actually care too much about the answer. He just wanted Erik to be okay. In all honesty, Billy knew that he himself could have done with a few days to process everything Erik had told him - but still, he had a grave feeling that if he let him walk away now, he would soon hear from Bruce that the man had moved back to New York.

He was nervous that Erik wanted to hear him admit that he was gay, but even if that was the only way to keep him from leaving, Billy didn’t see how he could do it. Seeing how upset he was, part of him was tempted to just tell him what he wanted to hear, even if he didn’t believe it to be true. However, he was growing increasingly doubtful of himself. Even though he was clearly high and agitated, Billy had always had Erik down as an honest person - he couldn’t remember a time when the man had been wrong about something. There was also the fact that he had an eidetic memory...which was extraordinarily reliable, but especially so compared to the alcohol-induced gap in Billy’s memory. Besides, Erik had never been aggressive towards him before - it was clear he believed strongly that Billy had tried to have him in the back of the taxi that night.

Folding his arms tightly across his chest, Billy glanced around before taking a small step forward. “Are you upset because of…what you're sayin' happened in the taxi?” he asked, cheeks reddening at the thought. “Or because I don’t remember?” Painful memories of David were beginning to resurface as he replayed Erik’s words in his head and the same deep sense of dread stirred within him as he realised how similar the two situations were. If Erik was in love with him, then he would need some time to figure out how to deal with it in a way that didn't ruin their relationship. It wasn't often that he thought about David or what had happened to him - what he had done to him - but somehow the conversation he was having with Erik was stirring up a piercing guilt in his chest that he had kept buried. "Well, I ain't walkin' away from you, Erik Snowden," he concluded, letting his hands drop into his pockets and taking a step back. "That's all I can tell ya'. I'm here and I ain't walkin' away."

Interactions
Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Erik

Elena Velazco

1629398660668.png "Yay!" Elena beamed at Thomas when he agreed to have a drink. She remembered him telling her that he didn't drink much these days so she was pleased he considered her birthday a worthy reason to break the rules. He then told her he was going to buy her a drink once she was finished with her current one and she blushed, still smiling from ear to ear. "You make me get drunk in work, Tomás," she warned him with a playful wink.

Once she had placed his drink on the counter, she picked up her own and raised it to him. Their gazes met and she let herself fall into his ocean blue eyes for a few seconds, almost forgetting what she was doing. Eventually she broke the moment with a light clink of their glasses. "Salúd," she softly said, before bringing the drink to her lips.

Despite Thomas' visible discomfort at the mention of the scratches on his face, Elena found it hard not to smile at how flushed he appeared. She could almost feel the heat emanating from his pink cheeks and had to turn around to hide her own blushing, placing her glass behind her again as an excuse. "Bueno...I make a rule here," she said, turning to face him again with a knowing look. "No cats in this pub. They come in here, I fight them." With a small smirk, Elena stretched an arm out towards the fire extinguisher next to the bar and gave it a knock. She wasn't much of a fighter and didn't even own a single weapon, but she considered herself to be quite resourceful and if someone was out to get Thomas, she wasn't going to hesitate to step in and help him in whatever way she could.

Her eyes narrowed in concentration as Thomas began to explain in some detail why she hadn’t seen much of him recently. Something about living with his mother and older brother, and moving into a new place of his own. He ended by inviting her over to see it, before turning hesitant and making some attempt to take it back. But Elena was captured by the idea. With a flash of a smile, she raised a quizzical eyebrow at him and pushed herself up against the bar to be closer to him. “You want that I come to your apartamento?” she asked in a hushed tone. “Or no?”

Despite his hesitance, Elena could tell what he really wanted. “Bien,” she shrugged, with a teasing smile. “Maybe I come tomorrow...y hacerte sonrojar.” Casting all subtly aside, Elena reached out once again and stroked his arm. She had only had a few sips of her drink but in Thomas’ presence she felt somehow twice as intoxicated as she should be. Stepping back, she took her drink into her hand and looked down into it. Lovely though Thomas was, she had to remind herself not to get carried away. He wasn’t her ticket to freedom, he was just a young man with his own problems. Still, she couldn’t help but envy him for having a real place to live. There was a fantasy in there somewhere, but it wasn’t one she could force into reality. For now, she would just be going back to bed with her new vulgar roommate.

“In Havana I live with all my familia,” she told him. “Very small apartamento. I never have a room for just me, I am never alone. Always with familia, day and night. No locking doors, no secretos. And then I come here to Dublin and it’s just me...” Of course, it wasn’t just her anymore - since being evicted from the hotel, she had been sleeping with the hotel manager in his private apartment. It dampened her excitement of finally being free and independent as she was now essentially depending on him for shelter, paying rent with her body. She shook the thoughts out of her head but they were immediately replaced with memories of her old home: the chaos, the fighting, the lack of boundaries...the whispered conversations with her younger brother at night, her grandmother’s blunt sense of humour. She couldn’t decide if she missed it. She didn’t want to miss it, but there were times when she had to force herself not to think about it too long just in case one too many good memories popped into her mind. Now, she decided, was one of those times. So, she gave another shrug and put the smile back on her face. “You like to be just you?” she asked Thomas. “Leave your mother and your brother and be solo? It’s not too quiet for you?”

Interactions
Bellz Bellz Thomas

~Stella Kwon~Dublin, Ireland | Bodyworks Gym Parking Lot
360875dd68a0050368eff4203a6865f9.jpg
Olivia reaffirmed that neither Conor or Adam would want Law Enforcement involved and the Bounty Hunter was inclined to agree because even with the arrangements and agreements made with Law Enforcement Officials, letting them around the properties associated with the Sullivan Family would just be providing them with Blackmail Material to use as leverage. Not to mention it has been a long and fast rule that Law Enforcement Officials were not to be harmed unless circumstances were extreme and such hits were authorized by either Conor himself or one of his top Lieutenants. Nonetheless, Olivia seemed a little nonchalant about Stella's remark in throwing the Sweeny Brothers in the River, which gave her the impression that it wouldn't matter if she resorted to murder to resolve this issue at hand. Stella was used to resorting to the extreme when resolving certain matters. When asked about the investigation into the Drive-By, Stella simply straightened out her jacket. "Yes, we got a description of one of the perpetrators from a witness that was threatened. Once I find him, I don't think it'll take me very long to find his partner. But I was asked to bring them in alive. Not that I'm happy about it, but that is what Mr. Sullivan requested when I spoke with him. Personally, I'd just spray them with my Chicago Typewriter, but I'd rather piss off the Boss." She frowned.

ce366-caption-who-would-not-want-one-of-these.jpg
As Katsya was waiting for her, Stella quickly and quietly went back to the trunk of her Mustang to grab a bigger gun, as a decorated pistol wasn't really gonna scare anyone. At least not in her little hands. Finally she grabbed a Guitar case from the trunk, not opening it until they were back inside. "Was gonna save this for a rainy day, but I guess I don't mind." She said nonchalantly before grabbing the drum magazine for the golden Thompson Machine Gun that she now had. "If it comes down to it, they get to learn the hard way that regrets are measured...in bullets." She then loaded the gun, turned the safety off after the drum magazine clicked into place before loading one in the chamber. "Oh and concerning the other mess, I'll take all the help I can get."

Once the girls went back out, Katsya asked her to handle crowd control, to which Stella nodded. As they confronted the Sweeney Brothers, one of them made a loud whistle before adding a sexually-charged remark, which Katsya responded by grabbing the man's privates with a hard grip. This prompted Stella to raise her Tommy Gun as the other Sweeney Associates attempted to intervene. Once Katsya said her piece in having Phelan telling his boys to stand down, Stella put her finger on the trigger. "Make any sudden moves and I'll be turning you both into Swiss Cheese!" She said coldly, anger lacing her voice as she kept the gun pointed at them as Katsya laid out the conditions they are to follow if they want their bikes back.

Interactions: Misty Gray Misty Gray Olivia Sullivan | Mitheral Mitheral Katerina 'Katsya' Grey​

Sullivan Residence
~Sutton, Dublin~
Alexander King
Heath-heath-ledger-15156400-494-500.jpg
Alex watched Savannah intently, knowing full well he had just walked in on her crying. He was no stranger to her crying whatsoever seeing as he was the cause of it. There were times where he felt bad for putting her through it but then again why should he? She knew what she was getting into when she got in bed with him. He watched her put the cup on the counter and nodded his head. "Said he wants cookies too. Got any of those?" Really he wasn't worried about the cookies and just wanted something to fill the dead air with. Uncomfortable silences were not his forte. At the mention of her aunt, he couldn't help but let out an amused chuckle. Aliana was one of the fun members of her family if he remembered correctly. She didn't trust him right off the bat but he figured there was a reason behind that. The older woman had even threatened him with castration if he hurt Savannah in any way. Good thing she wasn't around at the moment.

"Savannah," he started, hand raised to stop her from talking. "I know all of that, okay?" Obviously, he couldn't take his kid to any of the clubs or concerts he normally attended. Did the thought of trying to cross his mind? Maybe, but he wasn't going to really do it. She had every right to be concerned considering he was a man-child. He didn't want to hear any of it from her right now. "I'm sure I can find things kids can do. Sandcastles or some shit." He paused. "And no, there will not be early nights. He gets to stay up as late as he wants because I'm the fun parent." He said in an attempt at a joke. Fidgeting with his fingers, he looked down at his hands while she spoke. She was right and there was no denying it. Things were toxic and he never wanted it to get to this point. At some point, Callum was going to be affected by it and the only thing he wanted was to make sure that never happened.

With a heavy sigh, Alex pushed himself from the wall started walking towards her. "Look, that may be the case but the way things are now I don't see it being easy from here on. But I do know that me coming to see him here and here only is not an option. We can argue about who he should live with all we want but at the end of the day, your uncle has it out for me and there is no way in hell I can visit him here. Ever." It felt like they were going in circles at this point and he could only hope Bruce was having a better time speaking with Conor. "I mean, would it be so bad for him to live in London and I bring him to visit?" He was standing in front of her now with his arms crossed. He was still annoyed by this whole situation but he managed to keep it all from his voice. Another argument - this time where people could hear - wasn't exactly what he wanted to start up again.

Savannah, Callum ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )​

~Brooklyn Heights, Manhattan~
Ava Moretti & Elvian Moretti
Angelina-Jolie-shutterstock_100544575-e1462820046122.jpg
Elvian had always been a homemaker and was very satisfied with the life she found herself with. Taking care of her home and family was something she found joy in. It wasn't until her children were grown-ups and had lives of their own that she branched out to have a business of her own. Even though she was okay with having a life like this she knew not everyone would be. And that everyone would be her daughter. All three of her children had grown to be independent of the dreams she and Gabriel had for them and she couldn't be more proud. "It's a fifty-fifty sacrifice, darling. There are a lot of those in marriage and especially now that you have children. Sometimes it'll feel horrendous but as wives, we have to make sure our families remain together and strong. The men may think they are the head of household or the backbone but really it's us." She winked at the ladies at the table. "Don't tell them this, of course, we still have to maintain the illusion." Turning to Quadir she gave his shoulder a pat. "Remember this for future reference."

Ava nodded along with Elvian's words taking them as a learning experience. Considering this was her first marriage and the fact that she hadn't been married for too long, any advice she received she appreciated. On the topic of Elvian getting a tattoo, Ava nodded in agreeance with Valentina. "Like a nice flower?" She said in a sing-song voice. "Harmony has one of my best pieces! She can vouch for me." Elvian shook her head, raising her glass of wine to her lips to sip. "Gabriel will have a heart attack! No thank you. I'll stick with the cute little temporary ones my darling granddaughter gives me." She said matter-of-factly. Ava just laughed and picked up her own glass. "I guess that's the best we'll do, Val."

"They're so fancy though!" Ava exclaimed. "My wedding dress was an exception, but I haven't worn a dress since then." She paused to think for a moment before smirking. "Well, one that you can wear outside the bedroom, anyway." She drank from her cup then placed it down, waving her hands at them. "No, in all seriousness, I feel so restricted in 'em. Like I can't move freely and have to sit a certain way. No thank you." Elvian shook her head. "You just want to deprive the world of your legs. That's okay." She joked, letting out a small laugh. Ava just shook her head in return.

Catherine-Zeta-Jones.jpg
Elvian turned to Valentina at the mention of another shopping spree. "There are tons of events we'll more than likely have to attend this year. Business, galas, Ava's sure to have more opening nights at her gallery, so you'll need plenty of dresses for them." If there was anything Elvian was truly good at it was justifying the need to have a shopping spree. Her closet had been full of clothes in which half of them still had the price tags on. The only way to stop her from buying more was to take her cards and cash away. "That's a very good point," Ava said to back her mother-in-line up. "Or he knows there's no point in arguing with me about it," Elvian said. "When you've been married as long as I have you learn to work your husband." She raised her glass in the air before drinking from it again.

"Maybe you need a really good hobby. Something to do while the kids aren't home so you can get out and enjoy the day. If you're ever bored you can come over or we can do something together since I don't have kids." Ava didn't realize how weird it would be to say she didn't have kids, considering she had been trying. But now wasn't the time to get into that. "And if you need something to keep little Paolo busy, I have an art studio that he can absolutely wreck whenever he wants. Might even be able to sell his canvases."

Valentina ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )
Quadir, Harmony ( BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 )

Victoria Park
~Tower Hamlets, London~
Erik Snowden
EDNg4TQXUAAU_h-.jpg
Erik should've known better than to assume Billy was going to agree to leave him be just like that. But he was hoping for it. "Goddammit Billy!" He snapped, looking around for nothing in particular. Why couldn't he just let him go? Why did he always have to force him to talk it out? He ran his fingers through his hair several times, noticing people watching them. One person was staring intently while walking by that Erik snapped on them next. They quickly scurried away and Erik turned his attention back to Billy. "I need to-to think, okay? I can't think it's so noisy." Except it wasn't that loud. Sure, they were in a park, but there wasn't a lot of noise pollution here. The noise was all in his head and it was throwing him off. "I just-... Why can't I just be alone for a day or two, huh? You that obsessed that you need to be with me?" There it was again, saying things he didn't actually mean. But it was like word vomit and he couldn't stop the words from leaving his mouth.

He narrowed his eyes when he gestured to his pocket. At first, he wondered if he were going to try and take it away from him. Did he have enough strength to fend Billy off? As far as he knew Billy didn't go to the gym so maybe Erik was stronger than him. Yeah, he'd be able to take him if he needed to. Then he asked him where he got it from. "Why're you all in my shit? If it matters that much to you, yes. It's yours but before you go getting fucking crazy I paid for it." He just knew Billy was going to accuse him of theft and decided to defend himself before he even got the chance. If the man was calling him a liar surely he was going to call him a thief next. Billy was questioning Erik's character a lot in the short time they had been here talking to each other and it pissed him off the moment he realized it. It never occurred to him that if he told his brothers about this that it could very well get him sent back to New York. Then Ava would know. Then Ava would know. He thought to himself.

His eyes grew wide at the realization and the last thing he wanted was to worry or upset her. "You can't say anything about this, Billy, if Ava finds out." He covered his mouth with his hand and shook his head. Suddenly he was pacing a few feet in front of Billy. "Fuck, fuck, fuck, if she finds out she'll be so upset. I told her I wouldn't fuck up here and if you-," he stopped pacing and looked at Billy, suddenly desperate again. "Billy, you can't say a thing, alright? Sh-She-She can't know. Ava helped me get here, Billy and if I fuck this up," he paused again shaking his head. Screwing up wasn't in his intentions but he also never thought things would get this bad with him and Billy. He put his hands on Billy's shoulders first then moved them up to his face. "Please, Billy, you have to keep this between us. Ava's just getting settled and I can't fuck up."

Taking a step back he then listened to Billy ask him what he was really upset about. It was an honest question and it made Erik scratch his head in thought. What was he really upset about? Surely it couldn't be because it had happened considering Erik was more than happy that it was happening. If that were the case then it meant he was upset because he didn't remember. No, that wasn't right either. Billy had a shitty memory and Erik couldn't fault him for that so maybe- "No. I-... Don't know why okay? Because I can't get my thoughts together and you won't let me! I don't fucking know why and I don't know how to figure it out and you're so adamant about not letting me be alone." He pinched the bridge of his nose again as Billy informed him - for what seemed like the thousandth time - that he wasn't going anywhere nor was he leaving him alone. "Fine!" He shouted with a frown. Even though he was trying to convey that he was angry, tears started streaming down his cheeks. "If you don't want to just leave me be then why don't you come with me? Hold my hand for the rest of the day." His voice cracked, taking away the seriousness, sarcasm, and venom he was trying to give off.

Billy ( Pyroclast Pyroclast )​

Drugs, abuse, sad times

Dolores and Benjamin Reznik
Francesco Moretti

~ East Harlem, Manhattan ~

Thursday 19th September, 1968
Astrid Berges Frisbey.jpgDolores had been clean for a few months now, having fallen back into Francesco Moretti's hands two years ago. The Italian had taken advantage of the situation when he learned Kurt was safely locked away from the woman he'd first dragged into his world when she had barely turned eighteen. It had been the same as every time Francesco was in her world. The man had once again generously given her money and drugs, until he knew she was hooked on the stuff again, and then told her she had to start repaying him for it. Not only did she have to once again sleep with Francesco to earn her keep, whenever he demanded, but she was also made to return to prostitution to bring in more cash for him.

For months, Francesco hadn't been near Dolores and she hadn't been able to get her hands on the heroin fix she desperately needed. It was when Aidan had stopped by at the house that he realised the young mother was sick, suffering from severe withdrawal symptoms. Despite still grieving for the loss of his son in 1966, Aidan stepped in and had some of his colleagues help Dolores get through the torture of going cold turkey.

Dolores managed to get clean and even found work in a café, working shifts whilst Benjamin was in school. It had been difficult to adapt, but Dolores was once again getting things back on track and for the briefest of weeks, she'd believed she could succeed in giving Benjamin the normal life he deserved. Unfortunately, Dolores had been lost her job at the café, four days ago, her manager stating they were apparently overstaffed and she had to be the first to go. Having already struggled to makes ends meet whilst in employment, it worried the woman greatly that she would soon run out of cash to support herself and Benjamin.

As she often had to do, Dolores had painted on a brave face when she picked Benjamin up from school and as soon as they got home, she took him back outside so they could play in the nearby park. The boy had always loved the outdoors and they were both happiest when they were playing together in the park. As Benjamin stood clinging onto the roundabout, Dolores pushed the playground ride around by the handlebars, laughing when her son playfully screamed as it sped up. Something nearby caught her eyes and she brought the spinning ride to a stop. "Look, Benjie!" she quietly got his attention, pointing to the two squirrels that had climbed down onto the grass nearby. She knelt down on the ground as she took hold of her camera ready to photograph the animals. After taking a couple of snaps, she carefully handed the camera to Benjamin, placing her hands over his to help him hold and aim it in the direction of the subjects. "Your turn," she softly told him.

The two critters ran off out of view before Benjamin had chance to take the picture. Though he was at first disappointed, he soon turned to Dolores with a smile on his face. "Say cheese, Mom," he said, now pointing the camera at her. She quickly smoothed out her hair before smiling brightly for the camera. "That's a pretty one," he proudly informed her.

After leaving the park, any joy was sucked from Dolores' face when they approached their run-down apartment building to see an expensive car parked across the street. She looked away, holding Benjamin's hand tighter as she tried to divert her eyes anywhere but on the vehicle. As they reached the door to the building, Dolores caught the reflection of the commanding figure in the short distance behind her. She crouched down to Benjamin's eye-level and handed him the key to their apartment. "You go on ahead of me and I'll be right behind you, Benjie," she instructed him. Only when he'd understood and walked indoors did she stand back up and turn to face the well-dressed, older man now standing at the bottom of the concrete steps. She glanced to his car across the street, acknowledging the two heavy-set guards who were standing by watching. Her attention was then drawn back to Francesco when he commented on how beautiful and healthy she now looked. It felt like he was taunting her, as he knew it was his fault she'd got in such a bad state the last time he'd been in her life and how easy it was for him to mess her up again. Not only had she just lost her job; the only source of the minimal income she was earning, but seeing the Italian instantly made her deep-rooted urges resurface. The sight of Francesco repulsed her and filled her with dread, but his presence also waved the temptation in her face. His presence showed how fragile her rehabilitation had been. She slowly nodded her head to Francesco, confirming her submission to him. "Just not yet. Not tonight. Give me tonight with Benjie," she asked. Francesco nodded his head to permit her request and he then confirmed he would return to have her the next day.

Friday 10th January, 1969

The afternoon sunlight shone through the large window into the luxury hotel room. Dolores would have enjoyed spending time in the comfortable, king-sized bed, were she not having to share it with Francesco Moretti. "You're beautiful, Dolores," the man, 25 years her senior, whispered close into her ear. The first time Francesco had her sleep with him had been 10 years ago, before she met Kurt. It never got any easier. Letting him have his way with her minutes ago had been every bit as unpleasant and repulsive as it had been that first time in 1959. She had learned the hard way not to tense up or dodge his advances, instead, she forced herself to lean into Francesco as he now kissed the side of her neck. "You're beautiful, but a drain on my wallet, so I need you to earn the gifts I give you," he said, referring to the cash and heroin he supplied her with. "I have room 12 booked this evening and you will entertain my guests. Make sure they're not left disappointed."

"But I don't have anyone to babysit my son--" Dolores' argument was put to a stop as Francesco grabbed her by the throat and pushed the back of her head against the wall.

"I've told you before not to argue with me. Blame the child's father for leaving you both in this situation, but do not blame me. I am the one who is helping you and I'm being very generous. Show some damn gratitude and apologise to me," he ordered her, slowly removing his hand from her neck so she could comply.

"I'm sorry. Thank you," Dolores quietly told him. When he pretended not to hear her, she repeated herself, speaking louder the second time. On the inside, she wished she could stab the man, kill him there and then, but she was sure she would end up in an even more dire situation than the one she was presently in with him alive. Still, it frustrated her to hear Francesco speak ill of Kurt. She'd tried defending her husband before, but it had resulted in a black eye the last time. Francesco often switched between telling the woman she was nothing but a waste of space, to being possessive over her and showing signs of jealousy towards Kurt. She'd learned it was safer to stay silent on the subject of her husband, not wanting to have the Morettis bring trouble to the incarcerated man and also wishing to avoid Francesco taking his jealousy out on her.

"Good. Now put some clothes on and go home. You will wear a nice dress and do something with your hair, before arriving back at this hotel five hours from now. Your boy can look after himself for tonight, else I'll make sure he never gets in the way of our arrangements again. Do you understand me?" he calmly warned her.

123.jpg
Thursday 1st May, 1969

Tears streamed from the woman's sore, red eyes down the pale cheeks of her sunken face. She knelt down on the floor, clutching her hands together, tightly, as she looked up to Francesco with a desperate pleading in her eyes. "Please, I need some more," she cried. She used the back of her shaking hand to wipe away the mucus from her now persistent runny nose. Francesco had been withholding both money and drugs from Dolores, apparently enjoying watching the woman in anguish. Despite that enjoyment, he also showed a look of disgust towards her; the effects of the heavy addiction having stripped away the fresh, natural beauty the young woman had displayed before he'd stepped in to ruin her life.

"You disgust me," Francesco coldly responded, crouching down before lifting her head up by the chin and forcing her to look to him. "You have nothing left to give me. I've been very generous to you for too long and it has to stop now." With his hand still holding her head up by the chin, he squeezed her jaw and shook his head. "Such a waste of a beautiful face." He let out a sigh before standing up straight and smoothing out his suit. "Maybe I'm too soft. I will have someone come here later tonight and he will give you what you want," he told her, making it sound like he was doing her a kindness. In reality, the mafia boss had lost interest and patience with the woman he'd slowly destroyed. She was now nothing more than a drain on him and he'd decided it would be more humane to put her out of her misery.

In the hours after Francesco had left, Dolores spent time with Benjamin. After letting him play with the few toys he had, she tucked him up in bed and sat herself on top of the covers next to him. "You've taken so many photos already," she told him, holding a roll of film between her index finger and thumb. Her voice was hoarse and weak, but she tried her hardest to sound happy for her son. "We'll get them all developed soon, I promise." She kept trying to keep some money aside so she could pay for the photographs developing, but so far hadn't been able to do so. Hearing the knock on the apartment door, she set the roll of film down on the bedside table. After placing a kiss on Benjamin's forehead she struggled up from the bed. "Remember. Stay in your room until I say it's okay for you to come out." She wasn't sure if Francesco's guy would want something in return for the delivery, but either way, she didn't want her son to see her once she'd shot up.

Once the Italian man was in her apartment, Dolores looked to him and awaited his instructions. The man didn't exchange words, instead handing her the needle with the heroin ready to inject. He sat in the armchair across from where the woman was seated. Once he was satisfied she'd administered what was in fact a lethal injection, he stood up and patted the woman on the shoulder. "Francesco sends his regards," the man finally spoke up. Those were the only words he spoke before turning his back on her and leaving the apartment.

Mentioned: Pyroclast Pyroclast (Kurt)

Last edited:
The Sullivan Residence
~ Sutton, Dublin ~

Conor Sullivan and Savannah Callahan
& Kane Stenberg

1627248477987-png.901016
When Bruce asked if his word wasn't good enough for Conor anymore, the Irishman openly shrugged his shoulders. The London boss always seemed like a decent man and one who could be trusted, but Conor was becoming less sure with each day about who he could trust. If his suspicious mind hadn't been growing strongly enough, the recent shooting in Dublin had been enough to bring Conor to question who he could trust. The fact that Matthew had been killed in an attack intended for Roxie had certainly given him plenty of reason to question the trustworthiness of those he was in business with. Though more specific to the matter of the Kings, Alex betraying Savannah had managed to affect the London family's integrity, in Conor's eyes. He knew in the Kings' place, he'd do anything to get his son or nephew back, so why would he expect the Kings to be any different?

Bruce went on to suggest that Savannah didn't have to go anywhere she didn't want to, instead having someone pick up Callum from Dublin to allow him to spend time with the Kings in London. Conor furrowed his brows at the idea, before a grin crept on his face at the suggestion Bruce would level a Sullivan establishment if any harm came to the person sent to collect Callum. "You'd do that, would ya? Well, I'd level all of East London in return," he firmly assured him. He let out a deep breath as he listened to how Alex and Spencer just wanted to see Callum, with no interest in getting revenge for the attack on Spencer. The Kings were asserting that they wanted to see Callum, and Conor believed that. Having kids of his own and having spent enough time with Callum, Conor knew the Kings were telling the truth about wanting to see the loveable boy.

On the subject of the attempted attack on Emery, Bruce assured Conor that he had no part in it. Conor briefly rapped the table with the fingertips of one hand. Although he couldn't completely rule the Kings out of his suspicions, the man was right that killing Emery wouldn't get him Callum. Seeing as he believed the Kings genuinely wanted to spend time with the boy, it was sound logic that they wouldn't attack Emery. Unless, of course, someone like Spencer had gone behind Bruce's back to arrange the attack. It was something he would give the Kings the benefit of doubt on, at least until he was able to investigate further and obtain real leads. "As good as it has been doing business with you, you can't deny it's been strained for a while. My mam helped bridge the gaps and keep us all on the right path, but she's gone now. She liked your lot and got along with Spencer, but I can't see past his and Alex's cocky attitudes. I'd prefer to be able to salvage our business relationships, too, but I can't trust Spencer and Alex. If they can treat my niece so badly, given how kind and gentle she is, then it doesn't bode well for how they'd treat a man like me and my business."

Bruce seemed to get the idea they weren't going to accomplish anything productive from the business meeting, so he went on to finalise some kind of plan for Callum sharing time between the Kings and the Sullivans. "Ah, there you go, making more threats. Now I can see where Spencer get the hostility from, especially when he's trying to scare Savvy into letting him have Callum." Just as Bruce finished his drink, Conor downed his own, ignoring the fact he didn't much like the gin that he was consuming. Loudly placing the empty tumbler down on the table, he quickly shook his head. "I don't think you're in a position to decide when your family sees Callum. Despite the influence I have to prevent it, I suppose it's not entirely my decision to make, either. Regardless of whether I trust you lot to keep your end of the bargain and let Callum return to Dublin when agreed to do so, it's not up to me to give the final word. Before we draw up any calendars, I think we need to go out there and hear what Savvy wants to do," he said, thumbing in the direction of the lounge.

*****​

1627248489974-png.901017
When Alex told her Callum wanted cookies, Savannah nodded her head. More than anything, she had been glad for the brief distraction she could use to pull herself back together. Lifting the cookie jar lid, she took two chocolate chip treats out and set them on the worktop ready to give to the boy. Listening to Alex tell her he'd find activities for Callum, all she could really do was nod her head at his comment. She wasn't entirely convinced he had a clue how to entertain the boy on his own for whole, consecutive days, but she at least had faith he'd figure it out when the time came. Hearing him joke about being the fun parent, she rolled her eyes at him. Whether or not it was intended as a joke, she knew in Callum's eyes it held some truth. The fact she spent significantly more time with Callum meant she was the one who had to enforce the most discipline on a day-to-day basis and not every day together could be fun and games. Seeing Callum less frequently tended to mean staying with the Kings was all about having fun and much less of the boring, routine stuff, like learning and having set bedtimes. Of course Alex was the fun parent.

When Alex walked towards her, Savannah folded her arms as she looked him in the eyes. When her ex told her him visiting Callum in Dublin wasn't an option, she let out an exasperated sigh. "Of course you can visit him here. I've told Conor to back off and let you come see Callum without any trouble," she firmly told him. She shook her head in disapproval of Alex's assertion that he could never visit Callum in Dublin. Then Alex asked why their son couldn't live in London and visit her, which triggered an even stronger head shake from the woman. "Yes, it would be so bad. I'm the one who Callum has lived with since he was born. I'm the one who has always has the majority of responsibility for him. It makes far more sense for him to live with me." When Alex folded his arms, Savannah unfolded hers in an unconscious move to ensure she wasn't mirroring the body language of the man she had somehow once loved. "You're crazy if you think your suggestion is at all acceptable. You'd soon lose that 'fun parent' title when you realise how much responsibility it is having Callum living in London with you." With Alex blocking her view of the door and her being so caught up in the moment, Savannah didn't notice when Callum had entered the room.

"Are we going to London, Daddy?" Callum's excited voice asked as the boy approached his parents with a bright smile on his face. "Are we going now?" he asked, looking up to Alex with wide eyes.

"Don't forget, we haven't moved you into your new bedroom over here yet," Savannah reminded the boy. She passed him his drink and one of the cookies to briefly occupy him. "This is just the novelty of you being here, you know?" she told Alex directly. Callum had spent the past few weeks in Dublin, getting used to the Irish side of his family, so of course he'd be eager to spend time with Alex now the man had decided to show his face.

"Okay..." Callum began, pausing to take a bite out of his cookie as he thought about his new bedroom. As much as he was looking forward to a new room and toys, he was also excited about seeing Alex. Considering his dad was standing right in front of him, the idea of going to London seemed more immediate and as such, stole the boy's excitement away from his new bedroom. "But can I go to London now?"

Savannah diverted her eyes away from both Alex and Callum, choosing the clock on the wall to focus her eyes on. Even though she knew Callum was simply thinking in the moment and there was a fickle nature to the boy's excitement, it was still difficult not to take it to heart. She believed living with her was the best and most sensible idea, no matter what the Kings said. However, she had fallen into an extremely difficult position. She knew if she were to refuse Callum now, the boy would be upset and she'd look like the bad guy. She couldn't take the thought of upsetting her little boy, yet the thought of letting him go to London with Alex broke her own heart. She anxiously ran her hand through her hair as she briefly paced a small area of the kitchen. "Seriously, Alex?" she quietly addressed the man, hoping he would speak up to talk Callum out of the idea.

The tension was broken when Conor and Bruce entered the kitchen, with Syd and Kane nearby. Callum put his cup down on the worktop before rushing towards Bruce and giving the man a boisterous hug. "Uncle Bruce! Are we going to London?" he enthusiastically asked.

Conor's eyes shot between Alex and Savannah. As he studied how unhappy Savannah looked, he lightly shook his head. "I don't know about that, kid..." Conor trailed off, his eyes fixed firmly on Alex as he willed the man to speak up and tell Callum he was mistaken.

Savannah attempted to speak but no sound came out of her mouth as she felt her chest tighten and her heart rate rapidly increase. She shook her head at Conor before clearing her throat. She couldn't have Callum getting upset, especially not in front of Bruce and Alex, and risk making her family look like the bad guys. "Callum's right," she reluctantly confirmed, quickly nodding her head. She took a few steps back so she could rest against the worktop to steady herself so she wouldn't physically buckle under the stress. "He's going to spend a bit of time with the Kings and then come back home, here," she said, hoping her uncle would accept it and not saying something that would upset Callum.

"Bad idea, Savvy," Conor firmly told her as he quickly shook his head. "It ain't right him going there... and we all know it," he said, looking to Alex and then Bruce as he spoke.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Alex) Pyroclast Pyroclast (Bruce, Syd)

Billy King

tumblr_93fa292b08b7c7c9f6a89787286d9094_4e447c97_250.gif All Billy could do was watch as Erik vented his frustration at being challenged on taking time alone. He might have felt guilty for upsetting him if he had any doubt that challenging him was necessary, but as it stood he maintained his belief that letting him go would be a bad idea. In the state his friend was in, leaving him to be alone would be careless and he knew that he would just spend their time apart worrying about him and if anything bad happened to him, Billy would feel responsible. Not only that, but he didn’t trust Erik to pick himself up on his own. A few days would easily turn into a week. Now all the times that Erik had disappeared on him made more sense - it wasn’t just that he didn’t feel like talking or hanging out, but that he had a habit to nurture. Or at least, that’s what it was looking like.

After working closely together for so long, Billy had come to trust Erik. Time and time again the man had proven himself an asset to the business as well as a dependable colleague and friend. Yet, as he argued that he had scored the cocaine from the Kings’ business and insisted that he had paid for it, Billy couldn’t help the flicker of doubt that stirred within him. Becoming defensive could make a person lie before they even knew what they were saying and he knew that while he was in this state there was no way Erik would confess to stealing if he had. He just hoped that the apparent drug abuse wasn’t a serious addiction. It was all news to him - for however long it had been going on, he had had Billy fooled - but even looking back, he didn’t remember noticing his friend struggling with money or acting unusual or failing to keep up appearances.

Now, he was acting completely out of the ordinary; his eyes suddenly widened and his hostility suddenly transformed into panic. Alarmed, Billy watched as the man began to pace frantically in front of him, swearing and rambling about Ava. “It’s okay, mate, no one’s tellin’ Ava nothin',” he tried to assure him, struggling to keep up. He didn’t even really know who Ava was. Before, when mentioned in passing, he had assumed she was some kind of romantic connection, but that didn’t really make any sense anymore. Whoever she was, her opinion clearly mattered a great deal to Erik. It even seemed like she had some power over him. “Erik, slow down -”

Suddenly the man grabbed him by the shoulders, before clamping his hands on Billy’s face. Out of the corner of his eye he could see some passersby watching them - a woman with a young child trying to hurry past and a gang of teenagers who seemed to be enjoying the show. Beneath Erik’s hands, Billy could feel his face growing hot. He stared back into Erik’s dilated pupils, seeing how bloodshot his eyes were, and placed his hands onto the man’s arms to gently prise him off. “You ain’t fuckin’ up, Erik,” he told him, though only because he felt he had to. “She don’t have to know, yeah? We’ll sort this out, me and you. Just let go, okay, ‘cause you’re freakin’ me out...”

When Erik finally stepped back, Billy let out a heavy breath. It was clear he was too agitated to think straight and when trying to answer Billy’s questions about why he was upset only seemed to upset him further, Billy regretted asking him anything, understanding now that he couldn’t expect answers from him in this state. Still, he needed the man to understand the situation from his perspective too. “Yes, because if I let you go off on your own I don’t know when I’ll see you again!” he firmly reminded him. “You’re a popular guy, Erik, people know your name in all those clubs and whatever, but there ain't no one watchin’ out for you like I am. If I ain’t there for you, no one will be.”

Finally, the pressure mounting on Erik broke him and he gave in, though he was clearly not happy to do so. To Billy’s surprise, a flood of tears came crashing down his friend’s face. The sight of him made Billy’s heart stir uncomfortably. Despite growing close over the course of knowing each other, he never thought he would see the man cry so openly on top of everything else. He neither looked nor sounded nor was acting like himself, yet somehow it made Billy care even more.

“Great,” he said, before Erik could change his mind. “I’ll take you home, we’ll get you sorted out.” The teenagers were still watching them from afar but Billy felt the damage had already been done by this point so he wasn’t too fussed about what anyone thought. Still, he tried to be discreet as he hooked the cuff of his jacket over his thumb and raised it to dry the tears from Erik’s face. After a slight hesitation, he stepped closer and drew him into a tight hug. Now chest to chest, he could feel how fast and how heavily the man’s heart was beating.

As he pulled away, he gave Erik a firm nod and then slid his arm around him, ready to lead him out of the park and find a taxi. “I ain’t holdin’ your hand, though,” he added, with a small smile.

Interactions
Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Erik

Last edited:
Bodyworks Gym
~ Dublin City Centre, Dublin ~

Olivia Sullivan

1627248540322-png.901022
Hearing Stella's thoughts on being instructed to bring in the drive-by shooter and the driver alive, Olivia shrugged her shoulders. "Those guys tried to kill Emery, so I get what you mean about wanting to gun them down on the spot. But I think my uncle would want to interrogate them, y'know? It takes some guts to cross my family here in Dublin, so chances are they're not working alone and my uncle will want to know who's behind it. Plus, I've heard of men being tortured for lesser crimes. Those guys could have killed my cousin," she pointed out.

When Katsya approached him, Phelan didn't even mask the fact the was eyeing the woman up. Whilst he went for the more feminine, petite ladies, it didn't mean he couldn't appreciate the woman in front of him. He kept his eyes fixed on her as she checked out his car and his friends' bikes. When she posed with one of the bikes, he couldn't help but chuckle as he glanced to his friends. "If you wanted a ride, you should have just said. They might even let you on the bike after," he joked. When she stepped close to him and leaned in, he raised a curious eyebrow. He was about to make a comment about how she clearly had taste by choosing the best of the bunch, but he was for a time silenced as the woman grabbed him between the legs. "Fuucking..." he forced out the words between his clenched teeth.

Katsya used his manhood to threaten him with, telling him to have his friends back down. "Alright, boys. Let's not upset these ladies any further," Phelan told his friends. Although his tone was patronising towards the women, it was Phelan's way of relenting whilst trying to preserve some of his street cred. His big brothers were always ranting at him for causing trouble and not picking his battles wisely. He expected this would be one of those times, but he also figured they were hypocrites, seeing as they'd done their fair share of recently winding up the mob.

When told to leave the bikes and get in the car, Phelan scoffed at the woman. "Are you kidding me? The lads will take their bikes now and save you the trouble of having them towed. I'm sure Mr. Sullivan has better things to be doing with his time. Ain't this Adam's problem, anyway? He's the prick that was whinging about us parking here in the first place. It's a shame he wasn't shot in the head," he remarked, aware of the recent shooting against the Sullivans.

"Woah, Phelan. Let's just cool it, yeah?" one of the bike owners, who had been first to behave crudely towards Olivia, was suddenly quick to try reason with his friend. Clearly, he didn't want to go upsetting the Sullivans. "We'll have your brothers get the bikes back tomorrow. Seamus knows how to handle this shit, okay?"

Phelan scoffed before motioning for his three friends to get into the car. He remained out of the vehicle as he once more addressed Katsya and Stella. "If there's a single scratch on either of those bikes, you bitches will be paying for the damages." He glanced to the gun Stella was holding and shook his head. "Don't your boss, Sullivan, got bigger problems than a few guys parking here? Tell Adam to get a grip. Or better yet, tell him to come to see me so I can tell him to his face."

Mitheral Mitheral (Katsya)
BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 (Stella)

Bodyworks Gym

Katsya Grey

X5QNOt664AngI1UAOe0dz_0OIOSR5PqjYmCnNgus8aGS0CrBjm2k-IGBtI4IY0QFTgHHGgtkB2zkFzGU8B9xd6eQVOwlKOqfQOPC1UajprjLyeJKmGAjo4Kn6iJto7yjk-WBTvk8
If Phelan could talk, Katsya clearly wasn’t squeezing hard enough. She had wanted to avoid physical harm. She hadn’t let go yet, so she clamped down hard until Phelan’s legs started to give way. Then she spun him around hard into a blood choke hold. THAT would put an end to his talking.

10 seconds. No more unless she wanted a man dead.

“Prick?” she quoted the man. “You need to learn some manners and discipline.” Her face and voice had become utterly impassive. “Six, seven, eight, nine, ten.” She let the limp form of Phelan slump to the ground and checked his pulse. “Still alive,” she said as she looked at his friends. “You are all lucky I have been holding back. I clean up messes, not make them. But show up here again or disrespect the Sullivans again and I know where you all live.” She almost said families, but nothing made gangs go apeshit than threatening families. She sometimes forgot that having none to speak of.

“He’s going to wake up with a brutal headache. You might want to have some aspirin ready.” She had pulled out a ballpoint pen and begun to draw on Phelan’s forehead. It was a picture of a dick. Well, the man had used the word ‘prick’ so it seemed fitting. She made the lines extra bold - which would leave the skin red when the ink was washed off.

Finally she nodded to the two closest friends of his. “Take him. Don’t park here again. Next time I won’t play nice. So far there has been no harm done, just insults, pride, and a little pain. Have whichever Sweeney is in charge call the number I am going to give you. No visits, just call.

“Parking here is for members of guests. You aren’t guests. But you are in luck today. I am calling it a woman's prerogative and changing my mind - on one condition. Apologize to Ms Sullivan and try to sound convincing - and I’ll allow you to take the bikes. No more parking here. Next time you will come out of the pub to find every vehicle gone.”

Inwardly Katsya was just annoyed. But she also realized that guys like this had small minds. They didn’t see beyond pride and revenge. Olivia had just wanted them gone. She hadn’t asked to start a gang war.

Personally she was more interested in Stella’s problem. That was actually important.

BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 (Stella)
Misty Gray Misty Gray (Olivia)

~Matriarchs' Bodyguards~
~Harmony Ryu & Quadir Taylor~New York City | Park Avenue Restaurant
Screen-Shot-2019-11-22-at-12.30.53-PM (1).png
Quadir smiled a little when Ava told Valentina about how she and Elvian had been dragging him through a whole bunch of different shops and picking out dresses. As the women all spoke to one another about an upcoming event, he looked over at Harmony, who was quietly munching on her Smoked Salmon, while he had ordered a Chicken Salad with minimal dressing, as it only added more calories, which wouldn't exactly be the greatest. While awaiting the arrival of his meal though, he continued to listen attentively to the conversation the women were having before chiming in briefly. "Please, it is no trouble, Mrs. Moretti. I am glad to be of service. My job is keeping you and your family safe. And if it includes the use of my muscles, it is fine. And some of the shops did have a Men's Section, so I was able to browse the selections available for me. I need to get more formal wear. I can't be walking around in a fur coat in the spring. I'll get a heat stroke." He proceeded to take off his blazer and raise the sleeves, even taking off his glasses since they were indoors. "And carrying all the shopping bags, and walking around helps me too, as I am...trying to lose weight, if you will."

Harmony simply smiled at her co-worker, as he was likely happy to have moved up to protecting the Boss' Wife and Daughter rather then being out on the street and selling illicit drugs. Must have been nice trading in the chains and fur coats for a suit and tie. When Valentina said to let her know when she was going to be booking an appointment with Ava, she would have time off for said appointment. "Yes Ma'am." She said before going back to munching on her salmon, at this point, about two-thirds of the way through.

unnamed (7).jpg
Quadir was, admittedly, caught off-guard when Valentina said that he would make a good husband, and if he was paying attention to the fashion, he could even impress the ladies with the knowledge he had obtained. "Well, I don't know about that yet, ma'am. But I hope you are right for when the time comes." Soon, his salad arrived and he slowly started munching on it, minding his table manners, eating as quietly as possible as to not distract the women from their conversation.

Harmony even perked up a little when Valentina spoke about life at home, as she had befriended the family dog, who did like to play with her on some days, other days sitting in her lap or attempting to give her hugs. Once school holidays were mentioned, Harmony was anticipating on assisting both Teddy and Valentina on childcare, as the kids were fairly energetic and hyper. And with spring break, there would be a lot of days where they'd be up, running around the house and probably making a mess. This also led her to wonder if Teddy had another family vacation in mind, just like how they had gone to Miami about two months ago. Harmony then smiled as Elvian said that wives were the backbone and head of household, even if men think that they are. At that statement though, Quadir smiled and scratched the back of his head when Elvian told him to remember it for future reference, nodding as well. Soon, Harmony ended up in the spotlight, with Ava telling Elvian that she had one of her best pieces. "Yes, Ava is quite the talented artist. Tattoo lovers in L.A would very much appreciate her talent, unlike a lot of New Yorkers." She added, referring to the fact that Tattoos were in fact illegal in the state. "Speaking of, I do have another piece in mind. If you don't have any appointments within the next month or two, I'd like to schedule another one soon once I finalize on what I want."

Both Harmony and Quadir chuckled when Elvian declined the Tattoo offer once more when she said that her Husband would have heart attack and that she would preferably stick to the temporary ones that she gets from her Granddaughter. While Quadir was inclined on another tattoo, he decided that he would get one after he loses weight. "Actually, I don't blame her for not really liking dresses too much. I'm actually the same way." Harmony spoke up, able to relate to the older woman, as she grew up wearing mainly jeans and trousers. "Maybe once I get Tattoos on my legs, I'll consider it though." She said before straightening out her luscious rainbow hair.

Afterwards, Harmony finished her lunch while Quadir was almost done with his. "By the way, Harmony, there was a place I wanted to check out on my next day off. If you're free too, mind coming to check it out with me?"

"Sure. If I'm off." Harmony responded.

Interactions: Ava Moretti, Elvian Moretti Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess | Valentina Wycliff Misty Gray Misty Gray

Gwen Costello
Costello Residence

- Dublin -
Lace dress .jpeg
Despite her love for the theater, Gwen tended to be the less dramatic one in her relationship, however, the letter had shaken her to her core. She had fought extremely hard to put her troubled past behind her, not wanting her daughter to ever find out what happened to her father for fear that she would lose Lorelei completely. Watching her husband with wide eyes, if the shock hadn't consumed her whole being she would have been impressed that Jason was being so calm about the letter and photo.

She felt like she'd just ran a marathon as she placed a hand to her chest to try and regain control of her breathing. He stated that they would call Lucy or Conor in the morning, anyone who had been there to help Gwen out when she made her sudden move to live with family once more from Los Angeles. Gwen desperately wanted to speak with her brother but Jason seemed to read her mind, stating that it would be too risky to call him with all the cops around. Clenching her jaw, she nodded her head firmly. Jason then went on to remind her that the letter didn't state any demands or real threats which did relieve her to a degree but it also left her mind racing with a million questions as to why someone would take the time to write her.

He took a step forward, reassuring her that he would call guards to the house and make her something to eat. He hesitated as he moved a hand to her cheek which she covered with her own hand as she watched him carefully. Gwen had to really think about it when he asked if she would feel better if the kids were back with them for the night. Knowing how tense things were between her husband and Lorelei, Gwen was sure that their daughter would protest spending the night at their home. Cian was set to spend the night with his sister and she knew the boy would be sincerely disappointed if plans changed. Despite all those thoughts, she felt a strong sense of protection, wanting to make sure her children were within reach but at the same time, she felt that they might be safer if they stayed where they were. Whoever wrote the letter couldn't possibly know where Lorelei lived...right?

Gwen let out a soft sigh in frustration, shaking her head before frowning. "I think they'll be safer at Rory's house," Gwen admitted. "I know you say it's just a letter and the person simply put pen to paper to scare me...but having witnessed the shit my brother and his family went through, I can't help but think it's more than that. We'll call Rory first thing in the morning though." Gwen murmured. Her mind wanted to fixate on what that letter could mean, she wanted to dissect every word to try and figure out if there was some sort of hidden message but as she glanced at the letter and photograph facedown on the table she knew that she had dwelled on the past for so long during her relationship with her husband that it would be extremely unfair to him to dwell on it now. It was most likely the only night they would have alone together for quite some time again and they weren't getting any younger, that was for sure.

Taking a deep soothing breath, Gwen offered Jason a soft smile to try and reassure him that she would be okay for the evening at least. "I'm not gonna let some coward ruin our good time, nights like these don't happen very often anymore..." Gwen said, her soft smile turning into a mischievous smirk. "So...where were we before I panicked? After our dates, this is normally when you scoop me up and carry me over your shoulder towards the bedroom. But I don't want you to hurt your back this time around." Gwen teased.
with: Jason Pyroclast Pyroclast

Bruce King and Syd Porter

1629906245748.png It was true that Bruce couldn't deny the strain that had been placed on the relationship between the Kings and the Sullivans since Shannon passed away. She had been the glue holding the two families together, more so than little Callum - the two bosses both knew this even while the woman was alive, but it was only in her absence that it became clear just how integral she was to their alliance. With Conor being in the advantageous position over Bruce, the man seemed to no longer have reason to play nice when he didn't want to. Despite claiming to prefer maintaining a positive relationship with the Kings, he made a point of vocalising his distrust of Spencer and Alex, something he had previously kept quiet about for business' sake. Bruce let out a sigh, as if he had been waiting to hear those words from Conor for a long time. "A grown man like you shouldn't need his mum to keep the peace for him," Bruce remarked. "You'd be more than capable of holding things together if you wanted to, you know I came over here with an open mind. You're also more than capable of confronting Spencer and Alex yourself, so you can stop usin' them as your excuse. If you want out of our alliance, don't waste my time, mate. Just spit it out."

As tiresome as the meeting was becoming, Bruce kept his expression neutral, even when Conor blamed him for Spencer's hostile nature. He could have reminded him of how Savannah's behaviour was the cause of his nephew's mounting frustration but he felt they were only going round in circles at this point. "He weren't tryna' scare the girl," he argued. "We've been over this, Conor. Quit playin' dumb."

Seeing Syd shift in his seat, Bruce looked over and got himself caught in the man's unrelenting glare. "Got nothin' to say, Syd?"

Syd tilted his head slightly and narrowed his eyes further. "What is it you want me to say, Bruce?" he asked with a shrug. Given that the two hadn't spoken since Syd had played his part in ambushing Spencer, his guess was that Bruce was after some kind of apology, but at the same time, he didn't seem to be in the best position to ask for one. Either way, Syd wasn't about to give in.

Though the Sullivans were technically family, Bruce had always viewed them more as business associates, as he was sure they also considered the Kings. However, all the times they had seen each other in a familial setting did nothing to ease the tension between them now. Regardless of how the two families were to proceed, Bruce decided he wouldn't mind never speaking to Syd again after what he did to Spencer. Being on the receiving end of his piercing glare for the rest of their shared time on Earth was a small price to pay. After a few seconds of staring each other down, Bruce sighed and returned his attention to Conor.

In a conclusive tone, the Irish mob boss then announced that neither of them were in a position to decide when the Kings could see Callum, and that it was instead Savannah's decision. "Brilliant," he said, as he pushed himself up onto his feet. "Thanks for the drink."

1629906892750.png The moment they entered the kitchen, Callum came bounding towards him and sprang into his arms, eliciting a playful grunt from Bruce. He swiftly picked the boy up into his arms to return the embrace. "'Ello, little rascal," he greeted him, with a broad smile. "Cor', you ain't half gettin' heavy!"

Callum didn't hesitate to ask him if he would be going back to London with them, to which Bruce glanced at Savannah before smiling back down at his grandnephew. "You'd like that, would ya'?" He set the boy back down on the ground and rested a hand somewhat possessively on his shoulder as he set his eyes on Savannah. "’Fraid that’s up to your mum."

Though he kept his expression free of menace, he watched Savannah struggle under the pressure of the situation until she finally caved and offered to let Callum go to London with them. Predictably, Conor fired a glance at Alex and Bruce and expressed his disapproval of the idea. But Bruce just smiled and tousled Callum's hair. “Well, that’s very kind of you, Sav,” he said, before looking down at the boy. “Ain’t that nice of mummy to let you stay with us, Callum?”

Catching the way Savannah was supporting herself against the kitchen counter, Syd edged closer to her. He hated the way the Kings walked all over her, and how Bruce clearly saw her discomfort yet chose to ignore it. “Sav…” he began, turning his back on the Kings and keeping his voice low. He knew it would be hard for her to take back the offer given that Callum had heard it, but he couldn’t stand to see her be put under such pressure. “It doesn’t have to be now. We can think about this.”

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray Savannah, Conor, Callum, Kane
Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Alex

Gabriel and Francesco Moretti
Valentina and Paolo Moretti

~ Gabriel Moretti's Residence, Miami, Florida ~
Current ages: Gabriel, 45; Francesco, 52; Valentina, 20; Paolo, 21

Thursday 17th October 1968
1630085899425.pngToday was Francesco's birthday and, as usual, his family had to drop everything to ensure the man celebrated it his way. This year, Francesco had decided he would spend some time at his brother's mansion in Miami, bringing his wife, Carlotta and now grown up kids, Alvino, Pippa and Paolo, along with him. Usually Francesco and Gabriel would invite their parents and their sister to such an occasion, but the birthday man had talked the three of them out of the 'exhausting' journey. Gabriel may not be the eldest of the three siblings, nor did his father respect him as much as he believed he should, but Gabriel believed he was the wisest of the Morettis. It didn't bother Gabriel as much as it had done when they were teenagers, because he had since learned to manipulate people's ignorance and use it to his own benefit. On this occasion, he knew full well why Francesco hadn't invited their commanding father along. If old Silvano were present, Francesco wouldn't be able to go out and indulge his adulterous desires. Gabriel loved and would do anything for his brother, and nothing could get between the loyalty he felt towards the man, but that didn't mean he wasn't persistently infuriated and disgusted by the man's behaviour. How Silvano continued to put all of his faith and trust in Francesco was beyond belief.

Whilst the two men waited for Elvian and Carlotta to finish preparing dinner, they sat alongside each other on the sun loungers at one end of the large swimming pool. "This is the life, mio fratello. You've got it easy here, haven't you?" Francesco observed as he sat forward. He turned his head so he could fix his judgemental eyes on his younger brother. Gabriel removed his sunglasses so as not to obscure his trademark stern glare; one which was evidentially more judging than Francesco's. "You wouldn't last a day in New York after having it so easy here."

Gabriel couldn't help but chuckle at his brother's comments, shaking his head in disbelief. "Let's switch places and I'll show you how easy New York can be. The reason I can relax here now is because, for years, I worked hard and fought to secure Miami. I earned this day off," he assured his brother. "Father is too proud to admit he was wrong putting you in New York and sending me here. You sent Liam Sullivan to his grave three years ago and you're still no closer to running that city. You're letting those Irish rats walk all over you," he said, laughing at his brother's expense.

"These things take time and you'd do better than to question me," Francesco warned him, not used to anyone daring to challenge him. "When I get rid of the Irish, I'll make sure it's for good. The counsellor I was telling you about is full of useful information and a bitterness for the Porters which I can take advantage of. Remind me to have you meet Dr. Parker some time. Maybe he can sort your head out and get you to relax a little. Teach you how to have fun once in a while."

"We have different definitions of fun. You broke your wedding vows long before you even spoke them and I would never dream of betraying Elvian in such a way... I know full well what you get up to behind Carlotta's back and with women even younger than your own daughter," he said, referring to 26-year old Pippa. "That is not fun," Gabriel seriously lectured his brother.

"After all of the people you've killed and tortured, do you really have time for selective morals? Live a little, Gabriel. Those women I screw are whores, so it doesn't count... Pippa is worth more than them and it's not my problem how those women live. As for my wife? Carlotta is luckily to have this lifestyle and she knows it," Francesco assured him. He then shook his head. "I guess that means you won't be accompanying my associates and me out to Miami's finest bars tonight?" he sarcastically asked. "When you all come to New York for next year's party, I won't give you a choice in the matter."

"I look forward to it..." Gabriel drily remarked. "Enough of the small talk. We need to discuss how you will deal with the Porters, once and for all."

*****​

1630085914428.pngValentina loved parties, especially when it meant her extended family came to visit. Though she wasn't fond of her Uncle Francesco and she was disappointed her grandparents couldn't join them in Miami, having her cousins over from New York made up for it. She loved being able to catch up with them and having them around for the last few days had been a breath of fresh air. Both being the youngest in their families and of similar ages, Valentina was closest to her cousin, Paolo. Sitting at the opposite end of the large swimming pools to each of their father's, the two young adults weren't exactly holding back in their conversation about Gabriel and Francesco.

"I swear, the man still thinks I'm twelve," Valentina complained about Gabriel as she reclined back in the sun lounger. "He's unhappy with me at the moment because I refused to stop dating Calvin. Honestly, Papa must want me to be single forever. Calvin is smart and rich and he's so attentive towards me. But even he's not good enough for Papa. The stubborn man can't even give me a good reason for not liking Calvin, other than just getting some kind of bad vibes."

Paolo sat forward and studied his Uncle Gabriel for a moment, his sunglasses obscuring the fact he was staring for a time. He then turned to Valentina and lifted the shades from in front of his eyes, propping them up on top of his head. "Both of our father's are strict as hell and a damn pain in the neck, but at least Gabriel cares about you. My father imposes so many rules on us simply because he can; because he likes to control us. Gabriel wants to protect you, Val." After sending a cold stare in Francesco's direction, Paolo laid back in the sun and pulled his shades back down over his eyes. "I'd give anything to live here in Miami, but I couldn't leave the others to put up with him." Paolo was fully aware Francesco often cheated on his mother; and Carlotta herself was aware, but even if she had a desire to, they all knew Francesco would never free the woman from her marriage to him.

"Well, you already know he's my least favourite family member. He may be your father, but he's just awful," Valentina seriously told her cousin. There was a brief awkward silence before the two of them broke the tension and laughed together.

"Yeah, he is a piece of shit," Paolo lightly agreed. "Hopefully he goes out after dinner, so the rest of us can get drunk and have fun."

Last edited:
Clayton Byrne
Industrial Estate
~ Dublin Docklands, Dublin ~
beard.jpeg
Despite the lighthearted conversation happening in the car, Clayton's expression quickly turned serious as he made his way out of the vehicle. The instructions that he was given were running through his mind on a continuous loop very aware that if he screwed anything up, he would be dead within seconds.

Taking a deep breath, Clay walked at a pace that he usually didn't take as he normally didn't care if he was late to anything. Knowing that the mob was watching his every move was making him uncharacteristically nervous. Seeing the two men, Clayton flashed them a small smirk and when one of them greeted him, Clayton returned it. Clay's eyes briefly looked to the case full of cash as he squeezed the pouch of diamonds in his hands. The man commanded him to go first, requesting the password Emery had told him to say. Clayton spoke the password he'd been given but before anything could be done, Clayton was suddenly grabbed by the shoulders being forced to the ground. Seeing a flash of red hair, Clayton was shocked to see Emery but was even more shocked when he looked up to see one of the guards he was meeting with getting shot right in the forehead. Emery looked towards the top of one of the storage containers and Clayton stared at the gunmen with wide eyes, wondering if the man was going to shoot him next.

That moment didn't come much to Clayton's relief as Emery pulled him towards the direction of the dark alleyway. She quickly asked if he still had the bag of diamond's and the man nodded his head quickly before placing it in her hands. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw someone and instinctively moved to place Emery behind him. Looking at the stranger fully, Clayton recognized him immediately. "Bloody hell, Rexford. What the fuck?" Clay asked as he shook his head. Rexford seemed at a loss of what to say, having just witnessed something he clearly shouldn't have. He finally told Emery that he just worked at the docks to which Clayton quickly nodded to reassure Emery that Rexford wasn't spying on the exchange.

"He works here all right, gotta earn that money to keep up with my gambling." Clayton said, giving his friend a cocky smirk before it was wiped clean as he looked at Emery. "What the hell happened back there?" He asked.
with: Emery Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Rexford Fletchawk Fletchawk

Ani Parker
The Parker Residence
~ Islington, London ~
d42d48c7d604bc246cfbb8255dfefd9b.jpeg
Ani was glad to know that her husband felt the same about having Kerry in London and she secretly hoped that they would be able to convince the woman to stay but she didn't want to keep their friend in London if she wanted to leave at the same time. When the doorbell rang, Ani was first on her feet to go answer the door. Walking towards it, Ani was all smiles as she answered the door. "Hello Kerry!" Ani said enthusiastically as she moved to hug the woman. Ani wasn't an expert on human emotion or psychology like her husband but she didn't need years of schooling and experience to feel the tension that rolled off her friend. Nonetheless, Ani continued to have a cheery disposition as she opened the door wider for Kerry to walk through.

Once greetings were out of the way, the adults made their way into the dining room where Maddox immediately asked how she was feeling, getting straight to the point of asking why Kerry felt the need to leave London. Kerry's first answer was that she didn't want to get stuck in the middle of the feud between Savvy and Spencer and although Ani didn't believe that was the only reason for a second, she stayed silent, returning her husband's glance before he replied to Kerry.

It was clear Maddox didn't believe that first answer either as he pushed her to tell them what was really going on. Kerry moved to sit at the dining room table and any went to do the same as Kerry insisted that she couldn't stay and that she thought they shouldn't either. Ani's blood ran cold with a feeling of dread. Kerry informed them that an important meeting with a secret party had gone on the night she'd quit her job. Ani immediately had her suspicions on who it was but when Kerry told them the Kings were speaking about Moretti and that it made sense the family had met with them it still left Ani out of breath.

Ani's first instinct was to run, Maddox and she had made it their mission to get as far away from Moretti and the Sullivan's as they could possibly manage not wanting to spend the rest of their lives walking on eggshells, wanting to start their family in peace. Ani also wanted to believe that Kerry misheard what the Kings were saying but she wasn't oblivious to the fact that perhaps this partnering between the families was inevitable. Kerry insisted that she couldn't say in London if there was a chance Moretti would be around. Ani felt the same sudden urge to run but unlike Kerry, Ani had others to think about especially their children. "But Ireland, Kerry? I know Savannah is there now...but...the Sullivans aren't going to be as welcoming as she is." Ani wanted to suggest that maybe if Maddox and she decided to leave with their kids that Kerry could come along but Ani wasn't sure what her husband wanted to do.

Ani's usually steady hands twitched with anxiety as she moved to take Maddox's hand to soothe her. "I...I don't believe you misheard what they were saying, Kerry. But I don't think Ireland is the best choice either. If you were to move don't you think it would be best to move as far away from all of this chaos as possible?"
with: Maddox + Kerry Misty Gray Misty Gray

Julia Avvocata
Gabe's Office/Apartment

~Tower Block, Murray Hill, Manhattan~
0eb94918a6f24bf8ad263028104bb25e.jpeg
Hearing that Gabriel would tell his guards to have some common sense and decency was music to Julia's ears, she didn't like feeling gross every time she had to come to these meetings, it threw off her professional groove. Luckily for her, she was able to recover quickly enough. Hearing that Gabriel's wife was doing well, Julia nodded her head softly, "That's great to hear. Happy wife, happy life, hmm?" She said in a teasing manner. At Teddy's suggestion that they should come over for dinner sometime, Julia smiled sweetly, "That would be lovely." She said before Gabriel wasted no time turning the conversation to business. He asked how things were going on their side of the business before he stated that he expected Roxie was still running things. Gabriel sent Julia a knowing look to which she returned one of her own. "Not currently, no." Julia answered him, "She's been awful quiet since her last visit." Julia took that as a sign that perhaps the woman was starting to realize that she was in way over her head. From what she had been told from her contacts in Dublin, Roxie had somewhat isolated herself, which was more to be expected after losing someone important. Julia was both shocked and irked that the stubborn Italian woman continued to hold onto her position of power when she wasn't bothering to learn the ropes.

Despite wanting to say more on the subject, Ricky went on to say that the business was running smoothly and that he wasn't aware of any issues between their families' businesses. Julia had been trying to insist to him that if he didn't act wisely and if Roxie didn't step up, there would be more than just issues between the Moretti's and their family. Julia didn't want to lose Ricky because of Roxie's inability to lead, the woman wouldn't last long in her position of power if anything happened to Ricky because of her actions...Julia would make sure of that.

Julia looked between Gabriel and Teddy as Ricky prompted them to speak up if either of them disagreed with his statement. When they both answered, Ricky, went on to say that he wished to discuss the business that Moretti had with the Sullivans. As Roxie had informed them a few days ago, the last of the Sullivans who had the freedom to leave had done so already. Ricky brought up James Porter and bluntly asked what the man was doing for Gabriel now that the leverage the Italian had over him was now gone. Reading Gabriel's ever-growing stern face, Julia understood that this was a touchy subject for the man but Ricky held out his hand to insist that he had more to say. He went on to say that he felt New York would thrive without any Irish influence which Julia and he had talked about extensively before the meeting. The idea of cutting a deal with the Sullivans had been something that Ricky and her agreed would be appealing to Gabriel but seeing the look on his face now made Julia weary that he would just to such an opportunity without more in it for himself.

b]"If I may..."[/b] Julia suggested...looking to the men in the room before clearing her throat. "While our goal should be to spill as little blood as possible, that doesn't mean you can't manipulate this situation you have to get as much out of it as you want. Perhaps getting rid of James Porter so soon would put you at a disadvantage...perhaps we could get more bang for our buck..." The cogs in Julia's head were turning quickly, an idea forming in her head as she looked at Gabriel openly. "We could use this to both our families' advantage." Julia stated as she looked at Ricky. "I know we want to give Roxie a chance and I know Gabriel, Teddy, and myself are being extremely patient but if she doesn't deliver maybe we use James to our advantage to drive her out. Let's face it, Ricky, you and I, hell everyone in this room understands that it should be you running things and you are practically already doing that. She may not be as chummy as she was with Porter's back in the day but James Porter is her kids' grandfather...I am willing to bet she'd do anything to guarantee his safe return to Ireland. Including giving up her position."
with: Ricky + Gabe Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Teddy Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

Harper King
♥️ Royal Casino ♦️

- Whitechapel, London -
Black and white full .jpeg
Harper listened with interest as the man she'd decided to make small talk with spoke about not having any family. There was a bitterness to his tone that led her to believe that he either cut his family off or something terrible must have happened to them. She raised an eyebrow as he asked her one of the cheesiest pickup lines she'd ever heard and she was about to call him out on it when he asked on a scale of 1 to 10 how bad it was. The blonde let out a small laugh as she rolled her eyes, about to answer him as he went on to try and "perfect" the line with other cheesy nonsensical rubbish. Taking a drink from her glass, she waited for him to finish before he chuckled, insisting that he'd done that for the pickup line, not for the interest of picking someone up. Harper let out another small laugh. "If it helps, that was one of the first lines I used to pick up a woman...some fall for it, some laugh in your face."

Hearing that he was not in the area for business was interesting to her, although she saw the potential of her home country to bring in tourists, she found absolutely nothing of interest living here. She wanted to travel and when the man told her where he'd been she was secretly jealous. Being the youngest in the family was already hard but being the youngest sister of 3 older brothers was absolutely suffocating. It made her wary of asking if she could travel, they would just send their bloody guards everywhere with her and she wouldn't truly be alone. It was boring being constantly watched. Her brothers always asked her why she was hanging out at their family's establishments but to her, it honestly didn't make a difference where she went anymore...she'd always have someone lurking in the shadows. At least this way, she'd be able to see the people guarding her clear as day and not left wondering where the hell they could be.

"As so a traveler and a bug connoisseur, how very interesting. I hate to say it but we don't have any juicy insects on the menu here and London is way more boring than the places you've traveled to." Harper said with a slight bitterness to her tone. Moving to take another drink from her glass, she listened as Xavier asked where security was. Turning back to look at him with interest, Harper's eyes watched him closely as he said there was a card counter who was bad at doing so. Xavier seemed concerned that he was being rude to guests and the staff. Harper would have been quick to call him a spoilsport but hearing the concern in the man's voice made her think that he was just trying to be good-natured. Her eyes looked over towards the back of the main playing room where she knew some of the security guards hung out near one of the back doors. "The waitresses here are pretty useless...I can talk to Eddie for you, he's head of security here. I'm sure my brother would want to know if someone's cheating and treating his guests and staff poorly." Harper nodded her head for Xavier to follow her. "Come along, I'll take you to the head honcho."

They made their way to the back of the main room where a bald burly man who looked like he could fight off a grizzly bear and win was surveying the area quietly. "Eddie, love! I've got something exciting for you to handle!" Harper said excitedly as she approached the man with Xavier following behind her. "Tell Eddie what you saw." She insisted.
with: Xavier Mitheral Mitheral

Finn Sullivan
Lucy Porter

Ginn's Residence
- Dublin, Ireland -
Black and white Finn .jpeg
Finn listened intently as Shinoa told him about her contractions and even though he didn't exactly show it, he was a little concerned. She seemed to be having them for quite some time with little symptoms which was great for not having to deal with them but perhaps she may have gone into labor and had her water break without her knowing. If that were the case she was very prone to infection at this point and so was the baby. After helping her get comfortable, Finn continued to listen as she said that the pain she had was like a really bad stomachache. He hadn't heard that much from most women he'd known who were pregnant, but perhaps Shinoa's pain tolerance was a lot higher than most. The women inside his family had a pretty high pain tolerance as well so it wasn't atypical.

After Finn removed her shoes, he immediately noticed the expression on her face. "No need to be embarrassed, love. I've had to treat people for things that are truly embarrassing." Finn wasn't even going to get into the stories about having to remove objects that didn't below inside a person at any point in their lives. Shinoa went on to answer the questions he asked, informing him that the contractions were far enough apart, stating they were at least 7 to 9 minutes apart in the last hour. Finn was once again worried by her answer but instead of showing it on his face, he smiled at her calmly. Shinoa insisted that the baby was probably just being stubborn which made Finn laugh lightly and although he was trying to be lighthearted with his story he could read that the teen was getting more anxious by the second.
Smiling .jpg
With Finn and Shinoa having their own conversation, Lucy chuckled as George stated that she was a mind reader before insisting that if she wanted to rearrange the house that she could let Lucas shadow her. "Aww, a kid after my own heart. I used to do that all the time when I was younger." Lucy said sweetly. George went on to say that Lucy should let Syd have a little organized mess in his life which caused the blonde to sigh, "I suppose you are right...just so hard when my OCD brain wants to make sure everything is in its place. This is why I'm going to start looking for a place to live." Looking to Finn, Lucy could read the expression on her cousin's face very well and understood that despite his smile, something wasn't sitting right with him.

Seeing Shinoa take a sip of water helped Lucy to relax a bit and when the teen insisted on having a bit of chocolate, Lucy smiled once more. "Let me break you off a piece." The blonde said, moving to grab the bar of chocolate to unwrap it. Just as she unwrapped the bar, Shinoa had moved to set her water on the table before announcing to the room that she thought her water just broke. Without a second thought, both Lucy and Finn jumped to their feet. Finn looked to his husband, "Would you get the car started while Lucy and I help her to the car?" He asked urgently before turning to Lucy, knowing she knew what to do. "Alright dear, we are going to help you up and then we are going to get you to the hospital...a living room is no place to have a baby....unless it's planned, of course." Lucy said to which Finn nodded his head, carefully starting to lift her up. Once Shinoa was on her feet, Lucy and Finn helped her to the car as quickly as they could piling into the car as Finn gave George a quick kiss goodbye. Finn got into the driver's seat as Lucy sat in the back with Shinoa. "Deep breaths, love. There is no need to panic..we are gonna get you to the hospital."
with: George Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Shinoa BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27

Blake McCarthy
The Sullivans Pub
Leather jacket Blake.jpeg
Blake smiled lightly as Adam confirmed that he knew where they were both at now in their relationship. "Good, don't make me remind you again, Mister," Blake said, pointing a finger at him teasingly while glaring playfully. Adam then admitted that she was right about him being very hesitant. Hearing that this whole thing was new territory for him confused Blake a little, wondering what exactly was new for him. He went on to clarify and Blake was left a little speechless. Her cheeks reddened quickly as he stated that he should've taken the risk sooner but was scared he would lose her.

She was glad she could lighten the mood when she called them an item. His smile was contagious, making her smile even wider than she was already. Hearing that he was ready to take the step she talked about was music to her ears. She, of course, had her reservations about the relationship for the future but all that mattered was this moment they had, in the present. Blake spent so many years worrying about the future that she just wanted to live day by day, it wasn't worth the fuss trying to predict what would happen in the future. Death was a fickle thing, the one you lost was somewhere out there and here you are just trying to predict when life was going to take someone else away from you. Although she wouldn't say it to Adam, that night she'd been told he'd been shot sent her into a bit of a mental spiral. Her anxiety had gripped her, convincing her that everyone she came into romantic contact with would die...like she was somehow cursed. The morning after had been spent in mind-numbing silence after the kids left the house. The silence helped however, while some didn't like to be alone with their thoughts, Blake was perfectly comfortable with thinking things out. Her mind was most dangerous when she acted on impulse.

Hearing that Adam didn't want to be left wondering what could have been made Blake happy. She took had the same thoughts, it would drive her insane if she didn't take this chance...she had thought of almost every single scenario at least 100 times. Although there could be a lot of negative outcomes, Blake wanted to risk it...she would risk it all to be happy again, to find what she'd lost in Adam. She knew it wouldn't be the same thing she had with Jackson but she was ready for whatever the relationship brought to the table. Her cheeks once again turned red as Adam complimented her and before she had the chance to say something, Adam beckoned her forward. Eagerly pressing into him a little more as they kissed, she was disappointed when they had to eventually break away. But the disappointment didn't show on her face, her cheeks hurting so much from smiling. She couldn't remember the last time she'd smiled so much. "I'm all in, love," Blake said in agreement as he asked her to take this chance.

Blake only spoke the truth as she insisted that Adam deserved to have people worrying about him. If he said anything different, she'd argue him on it. Luckily for him, Adam decided to cave and nodded his head in agreement, effectively avoiding having to deal with Blake's stubborn ways. Hearing that he thought having people care about him was quite the responsibility, the blonde let out a soft chuckle. "Try having kids." Blake said teasingly, "Every single thing I do, I have to think about how it'll affect my kids...good or bad." She murmured quickly before listening as Adam talked about Elena. "Ah, I think that's exactly what it is. Anyone who witnesses that sort of thing is going to be concerned after it's all said and done. Physical wounds may heal but mental wounds take years to fade away." Blake said wisely. "I think everyone needs to worry about an idiot like you." She joked, "I think she is closer to you given the fact that you are both Cuban. You don't meet a lot around here. I think she needs something that reminds her of home."

"But on the bright side, I think when she's not worried about you she's flirting with Thomas, which I have yet to tell Lucy about. They would make a cute couple I think."

with: Adam Misty Gray Misty Gray
mentions: Elena Pyroclast Pyroclast

Xavier Thomas
♥️
Royal Casino
♦️

- Whitechapel, London -

oEoMDcHGe9dcNH200kX1A1fQ-GLnZFFbHiWh1RLJXX0F4tsh7LV_Ybb9YMXnG4XMLoNulaN2w4-G2uW6ljGvMQuMz26S2WPlkNyL7iaquTCI4iVO6eQMDjrIgGIG6sJQO6E4pkrL=s0
Xavier looked a little like a puppy who had had his nose smacked with a newspaper. used to pick up a woman and she laughed. Ouch. Strikes one and two. Of course, she had blushed, so maybe he wasn’t as far off the mark as he feared. Well, he was hardly a pickup artist. That would be uncharted territory. He had had to run a few times when certain hardcore hardbody women had taken an interest in him - and their boyfriends objected. But Harper was a classy lady. Most guys would have said she was out of his league. But he didn’t believe there was such a thing.

Then Harper shocked him by revealing that she was, in fact, related to the owner and/or manager of the casino. Danger Will Robinson! Well, his name wasn’t Will, so he ignored the warnings. Instead he followed, trying to keep his eyes up and not dropping down. That could definitely land him in trouble if her family noticed.

Xavier grimaced. He had wanted to be more discreet about speaking with security and Eddie’s appearance just screamed SECURITY. While the man’s visage didn’t scream genius, he wouldn’t be head of security if he wasn’t smarter than he looked.

“Normally I wouldn’t bother with this, but the guy is greedy. And though he hasn’t gotten bad here yet, he’s been annoying the cra - heck - out of some of the staff and guests - the ladies - wherever he goes. Back in Vegas he would have had a broken hand by now. Blackjack table 4. Second man from the left. He’s counting. If he notices me talking to you, he’s gonna make a break for it. You might want to use your radio to tell your men to cover exits. You are one of six casinos that he’s been skimming off the top. Heavy slice - 2%. Should be the other way around favoring the House at 0.5% or maybe a little more. He is using worry beads and his chips as counters, so he isn’t even good. But he does have a system. Yes, I count too; I can’t help it. I have hyperthymesia - perfect total recall. I just don’t gamble based on what I count. I use the House system, and play single hands. Basically I lose and don’t care. I don’t need the money. He recognized me when I sat at his table. So my guess is that he won’t stick around much longer.”

Xavier sighed and looked at Harper. His timing bit today. Now he was regretting sticking his nose into the casino business. He would much rather have just continued talking to her. The past year of his life had been a nonstop blur of travel. For the first time in a long time he wanted to slow down a little. Xavier had a bad feeling that Eddie was going to want to drag him into this up close and personal.

“Let me guess. You want to drag me along?” He glanced at Harper and grumbled. “No good deed.” Then he looked back at Eddie. “I was born and grew up in Las Vegas. Gambling is in my blood, like it or not. Can’t seem to get away from it.” He glanced again at Harper. “Sorry about this. I was enjoying talking. Maybe you’d like to grab a bite later?” He flushed.

Bellz Bellz (Harper King)

Industrial Estate
~ Dublin Docklands, Dublin ~

Emery Callahan & Aidan Byrne

1627248502405-png.901018
When Clayton handed Emery the bag of diamonds, she was quick to grab them from him and then pull up the bottom of her jacket so she shove the bag securely into the front pocket of her trousers. She knew as far as Conor and the business were concerned, the only thing she should be protecting and ensuring safe return of right now was the bag of diamonds - not Clayton. It would at least work in her defence when asked why risked her own life to help the guy. Although she had just dragged him out of the path of any stray or potentially intended bullets, she was surprised when Clayton then placed himself in front of her. She was quietly curious about the man's action, deciding he'd placed himself between her and the stranger to protect her. Were it not a serious matter, she'd have made a teasing remark about him protecting her. Instead, the her face covering easily masked her small smile.

Rexford was clearly startled by what had just happened by the docks, but he soon stuttered out that he worked there. The fact both Clayton and Rexford acknowledged each other by name made it clear they knew each other already. She pinched the bridge of her nose in frustration as the man assured her he wasn't a hero and just wanted to walk away. "Jesus Christ!" she lowly snapped at the two men, whilst slowly shaking her head. She knew she had to make a decision whether to alert the two nearby Sullivan gunmen to the unwanted presence that was Rexford, or take into account that he hadn't intended to get involved. She unconsciously pulled the scarf up to ensure it was still concealing the lower half of her face.

"Those two shitheads back there were imposters, that's what. They were probably going to rob us blind," she quietly answered Clayton when he asked what had happened. She then cleared her throat and nonchalantly shrugged her shoulders as she looked between Clayton and Rexford. "I mean, how the fuck should I know? I was just innocently minding my own business when I heard gunshots and ran for cover. I didn't see a thing. Just like you two didn't. Did you see anything, Rexford?" he asked, her eyes fixing on the newcomer. "Dublin really isn't a place for heroes, but you know that, don't you? We have to turn blind eyes or risking losing them. Eyes, hands, lives... best not to lose any of those things, am I right?" she knowingly asked Rexford. She then reached out to squeeze Clayton's shoulder and looking directly to him. "Perhaps the three of us should continue that nice walk we were having, before we were startled by unexplained gunfire." Emery wanted them to get away from the docks before the Garda decided to show up, but she also wanted to be certain Rexford wasn't going to be a problem. "My driver should be nearby, so hopefully by the time I reach him, I'm convinced you boys didn't see a thing at the docks tonight."

Fletchawk Fletchawk (Rexford)
Bellz Bellz (Clayton)

Ginn's Residence
~ Sutton, Dublin ~

George Sanderson-Sullivan

screenshot-2021-04-02-150139-jpg.869618
George was surprised to realise that Shinoa's waters had broken so soon after arriving at the house. He took a step back as both Lucy and Finn jumped to their feet; springing into action. For all of his life, George had managed to avoid being present during childbirth and he was really hoping that record would continue for many years to come. Once again, he was stumped about what he should do, as this was a situation where the bookworm was clearly out of his depth. Thankfully, Finn gave him an instruction to start the car and he quickly nodded his head to confirm his understanding. "Of course. I know how to drive. I can start the car!" he agreed. After a brief hesitation, he flashed a smile at his husband and rushed to get the car keys. He was glad he could make himself useful in the situation, no matter how minor his assistance was. Plus, it meant he could go out in the fresh air and avoid making Shinoa more anxious if she saw how out of his depth he was in the situation.

George started the car and pulled it out of its usual spot so Finn could drive straight out of the driveway once he and the ladies were in the vehicle. With the engine still running, George got out of the car and opened the rear doors for when the two ladies needed to climb in. When the three of them approached the vehicle, George rushed to assist Finn in helping Shinoa into the back seat. After closing the rear doors behind Lucy and Shinoa, George stood up straight and turned to face Finn. He returned his husband's kiss before giving him an encouraging squeeze of the shoulder. "Call me from the hospital, love. Drive safe," he lovingly told him.

Mentions: BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 (Shinoa) Bellz Bellz (Finn, Lucy)

George returned into the house as Finn drove away. He closed the front door in time to see Lucas descending the stairs. When the 13-year old asked what was going on, George let out an exhausted sigh as his face reflected a light disbelief. "Well, Shinoa got here a short time ago but she hadn't even settled in before going into labour. Finn and Lucy have taken her to the hospital." He placed his arm around his son's shoulder and pointed into the lounge. "I think they'll be a while. In the meantime, we could do some reading... or watch TV?" he said, adding the second option as he remembered not many kids Lucas' age wanted to spend all of their time reading.

"Definitely TV, Dad. No schoolwork in the evenings," Lucas reminded George.

"Well, it was worth a try," George remarked. He was never one to pass up on helping others study. Once in the lounge, George let the boy switch on the television and pick a channel to watch. "Sinead suggested you could have a sleepover with Liam soon. How about Friday?" he asked. When Lucas enthusiastically agreed, the man smiled back at him. "I'll let the Callahans know tomorrow. Just don't have Liam taking you along to church with him. He's a great kid and it's okay if church is his thing right now, but you don't need to be getting involved in any of that." George had grown up in a devout Catholic family and religion had been a big part of his upbringing. However, he'd turned his back on that long ago. When he had told his parents about his sexuality, they rejected him and condemned him. Their words were made harsher by labeling his lifestyle as immoral, stating he would not make it to heaven. Religion brought a bad taste to his mouth ever since. Although it was a certainty in Dublin that Lucas would be attending a Catholic school, he didn't feel the boy needed to do anything other than humour the subject. He certainly didn't need to be spending his free time hanging out at church.

The Sullivans Pub

Adam Harper

1627248530504-png.901021
The fact Blake was on the same page as him and hadn't gone on to let him down gently was a weight off of Adam's shoulders. Though his work was dangerous and risky, it wasn't the kind of thing that played on his mind. He was able to focus on any job his boss gave him and emotionally distance himself from the task at hand. His business with Blake was very personal and he'd struggled to switch off from those thoughts. The sudden sense of relief was refreshing. Having made progress with Blake, he could barely keep from smiling at the woman.

Adam let out a dry laugh when Blake told him to try having kids, pointing out the whole other level of responsibility that came with. "Oh, God no. I'd be a terrible father, and I wouldn't wish another version of me on this world," he joked. Growing up, he'd never been close with his parents. His siblings were intelligent, over-achievers, whilst he was frequently in trouble and had no interest in furthering his studies once he was done with school. It had been 25 years since his first stint in prison, which had been the final nail in the coffin. His family made no effort to visit him and as the months went on, he came to the realisation he didn't care if he never saw them again. He never did see them again. The nature of the business and having never felt like he'd fit in with his family led to him having no interest of starting a family of his own. For many years, working for the mob and having one night stands had been the best lifestyle Adam could imagine. Of course, he'd had a change of heart in recent years and he was aware it was likely he'd left things too late to have his own family. However, he felt like the Zegarras were the next best thing and by now he had learned he was capable of truly caring for others. Despite joking that he'd be a bad father, Adam relented with a smile as deep down he knew it wasn't true. "I do get it, though. I love my godchildren and the thought of any of them coming to harm genuinely scares me. So, I can imagine how much more amplified that is for you, Chase and Jas," he seriously told her.

Adam stayed silent as Blake spoke of how Elena was bound to be concerned for him after she'd had to see him in a bad way and injured. Her words brought some relief to him as it confirmed what he'd been trying to convince himself of - that it was a more plausible explanation than the barmaid being his daughter. With the significant blood loss he was experiencing at the time, he had clearly imagined hearing Elena tell him she was his daughter. He was glad he'd kept that detail to himself as he was sure Chase and Jasmine would have got a great laugh out of it at his expense.

When Blake pointed out both he and Elena were Cuban, Adam quickly shook his head. "Cuba has always been a second home for me. I have a lot of good memories and experiences from being there, so much that I feel a big part of my heart is Cuban, but it''s not in my blood," he corrected her. "My dad was from the Bronx. My mom was from Spain and she emigrated to New York... I suppose when I think about it, you're not wrong. I'm related to my parents only by blood, nothing more, as there was never any sentiment there. But Cuba gave me more than they ever did," he concluded, giving her hand a gentle squeeze. "I guess Elena does make me think of my Cuban home."

It was rare for Adam to getting involved in such deep subject matter and it seemed to flow so naturally with Blake that he wasn't about to bring it to an abrupt end. Knowing returning to the others in the pub would put a sudden end to the conversation, he opted to sitting on the nearby bench. Leading Blake to join him, he sat next to her, resting his arm behind her, across the back of the seat. Keeping his head turned to face her, he was pleased to hear Elena was still flirting with Thomas. The young man was in need of something to drag him out of his troubled head and back to the world of the living, so perhaps Elena was exactly what he needed. "Yeah, they'd be good together," he agreed. "Tom needs something to drag him out of that unhealthy mindset he's stuck in. Maybe a sweet girl like her is just what he needs."

Adam fell silent for a time, taking a moment to observe their settings and the passing vehicles. When he looked back to Blake, his expression was neutral though he was clearly about to ask her something. "You mentioned having to think about how your actions will affect your kids. How will us being an item affect them? Are they okay with you dating? If I were to come see you at your place, is that going to cause problems?"

Bellz Bellz (Blake)
Mention: Pyroclast Pyroclast (Elena)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back