• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Harper King's Apartment
~ Bethnal Green, London ~

Kerry Patrick

1664641077492-png.1027322
Kerry held Alex tight for as long as he needed her to whilst he sobbed. Even if they hadn't grown as close as they now were, she would have still done everything she could to be there for him in this moment. The fact she was in love with him made her even more determined to be there for him and to give him her all, even if that meant holding back on her own concerns about Harper. Still, his uncertainty about how Harper was doing did little to reduce her own concerns for her friend.

When Alex pulled away, she met his gaze with her own glistening eyes as he desperately asked if he should have gone to the hospital. He fretted about getting in the way and worried about causing more issues. "Alex, no matter what you and Harper have said to each other, you'd never be in the way. Despite everything, I know you two care about each other. You Kings are so close and supportive of each other that it would take a hell of a lot for any of them to want you to stay away." When he eventually said he thought Harper would be okay, Kerry nodded in agreement, wanting to fill both of them with hope and optimism.

Kerry felt Alex's hold on her tighten as he began blaming himself for what was happening with Harper and what had happened to his mother. "Alex, you can't sit here blaming yourself. Of course a big brother would want to protect his sister, but you can't always be there. There's only so much you can do to protect her before it becomes suffocating to her. You lads have done more than many siblings would do and you certainly haven't failed her. You can't change what's happened and put yourself in a different place, but we can choose how we act now. As for your mother, you were just a child, Alex. That was never something you should have been through and it wasn't on you to protect her, nor was it on Spencer," she reassured him. Regardless of whether Harper had come to accept her father, Kerry was under no illusion about Trevor. She'd heard enough about him over the years to know the blame for Laura's death should fall on his shoulders before any of it could land on the King siblings.

Kerry carefully shook her head when Alex apologised to her, their foreheads still pressing against each other. When he said they could go to the hospital to see Harper, she pulled away so he could see her as she nodded. "Yes, let's go see her," she agreed with him. When he returned her words by saying he loved her, she met his lips to softly kiss him. Slowly pulling away, she took his hands in hers and helped encourage him up onto his feet. "Come on, Alex. Let's go to the hospital," she told him. "There'll be time to clean this place up before she comes home. For now, you need to be with Harper and the others."

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Alex)

The Sullivans Pub
~ Dublin City Centre, Dublin ~

Conor Sullivan

1662938318906-png.1021295
Conor's face turned more serious when Aliana hit the table and made a point of smiling upon her realisation of what was really driving his aggression towards Adam. Then she leaned in and pointed out the hypocrisy of his feelings towards Adam being a slut. He rolled his eyes as his wife reminded him that he was no different years ago, that Conor too had been known to sleep around. "Maybe I did do the same thing, but this is different," he told her. He didn't press to explain why it was different once he saw Aliana's face soften, figuring she realised why it was different. He wouldn't care what Adam did or if he was messing some woman about, but Blake wasn't just some woman. She had been the love of Jackson's life and someone Conor had promised to look out for after his best friend was killed.

As Aliana softened, Conor wasn't sure if he preferred her angry as at least that meant he didn't have to open up about it and show weakness in front of Leo. He looked away when Aliana reminded him that Blake was an adult and he had no say on who she dated. He managed a smirk when his wife pointed out that she, Leo and himself had all been whores at some point in time. He managed a softer smile hearing that he'd been the one to make her want to settle down, just as Natasha seemed to be doing for Leo. "Gotta tame us whores, right?" he remarked. She then posed the question of whether Blake was the one to make Adam want to settle down. Despite him deep down knowing it made sense and that he wasn't being reasonable, he was too proud or stubborn to fully acknowledge it. He accepted Aliana's hand as she offered it across the table to him. "Him running into a cabin and risking being killed kind of makes me concerned. Even if he is the one, he's not exactly safe, is he? Blake already lost Jackson and now she's with a bloke who could end up going the same way."

He nodded in agreement that it was Blake's life to lead and she wouldn't appreciate him dictating it to her. "I know..." he reasoned. "Well, who knows... After all this, maybe Adam won't be risking his life if he's not working for me anymore," he remarked. He figured that assumption of his was based on the fact he expected neither of them was going to rush to apologise enough to get back into a position where they would continue professionally as they had been doing up until about an hour ago.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Leo, Aliana)

Chapter 18: Precarious Situations
Saturday 14th September 1985
..7 days later...
Dublin: Evening- Raining, Cool, Windy
London: Evening - Dry, Warm, Clear Skies

1665520000095.png

The Royal Taphouse
~ Bethnal Green, London ~
Spencer King and Christian Brooks

3 days ago...

ezgif-4-859ebe91cf.gifSpencer had asked Christian to join him at the pub for drinks so they could talk business. Whilst it wasn't a lie, there were other reasons for their meeting. Having led Christian into the back room with their drinks, he invited the private investigator to sit on the sofa across the coffee table from him. Despite the situation at the jazz club over a week ago being sorted out at the time, the news soon enough made its way to Spencer. Hearing that the Scotsman had attacked some guy in public wasn't something that would concern him if it was the actions of almost anyone else he knew. Hell, he was the last person to judge anyone for acting violently and he certainly had no problem with the idea of jumping to a woman's defence. May was his sister, so he was particularly grateful that Christian had stepped in. However, it was the fact that Christian was one of the few people he knew who wasn't violent and impulsive that concerned him. Not to mention, he'd not seem his usual focused self lately.

"Whilst I appreciate you looking out for May and I'm glad you were there to step in, we need you focused, mate," Spencer explained. "You could have got yourself locked up for smacking that prick about," he pointed out. "I'm not sure you should be mixing business with your personal life, especially not when it involves you dating my sister. Who, might I add, also happens to be the daughter of the man we've been paying you to investigate. I'm not sure how objective you can be when you're watching a bloke whose daughter you've got the hots for."

"So, you don't like me getting close to your sister is what you're saying?" Christian remarked. "I'm glad I was because it meant I was there to step in and put that arsehole in his place."

CPuf.gif"I'm glad you were too and it's not really about her being my sister. I've already learned that's not something I have any control over, given that Jeremy and Harper are together. The problem is you're distracted and you getting close to May conflicts with what we've asked you to do in terms of looking into Trevor." Despite how upset and devastated he'd been at the hospital whilst waiting for news on Harper, Spencer had not been oblivious to the way May and Trevor had been getting comfortable around each other across the room from him. That in itself made things that extra bit personal and too close for comfort where Christian's role was concerned. "I need you to create some distance from her, at least for now," he said, letting out a deep sigh as he hated the words that were leaving his mouth. "I think you're becoming distracted..."

"Whilst I understand that, I'd like to know if there are any examples of me being distracted," Christian asserted, sitting forward and looking his superior in the eyes.

Spencer sat back in his seat and briefly tapped the chair arms before nodding his head. "Well, there's the fact that we got Callum back home and you didn't provide any of the leads that led us to him. Trevor, of all people, was the one who came to us with the fake identities Sav was using. And it was then Moretti who was able to follow up on that and track down Sav and Callum. I'm made up my nephew is home, but had we been the ones to find him, then the kid's mother wouldn't have ended up taking two bullets. That's the kind of distraction I'm talking about." Seeing Christian nod his head in understanding, Spencer leaned forward and handed him an envelope. "I need you to take a couple of days away, to clear your head and get your focus back - decide how you're going to break things off with my sister." Watching as the private investigator open the envelope, he pointed to the paperwork inside. "I need you to go to Watford and follow up on those leads. We couldn't figure out how Trevor could afford his own business over there, nor the details of the hit and run he claims to have been involved in. Just see what you can find out. He saved Harper's life and he helped find Callum, which I'm grateful for, but that doesn't mean he's not up to anything or hiding some shit. Those are the loose ends we haven't been able to tie up and I'd appreciate if you could find out the truth." With Harper and May already warming to Trevor, Spencer couldn't help but feel concerned. After the abuse he'd suffered from Trevor as a kid and seeing how the man helped to destroy his mother, Spencer couldn't forgive or forget so easily.

Presently...

Excalibur Hotel & Conference Centre
~ City of London, London ~

Spencer King

1665520074410.pngEver since he'd seen Harper being carried out on a stretcher to the ambulance and then spent hours at her hospital bedside, Spencer hadn't been able to get Laura's face out of his head. He may have only been 13 when he found her overdosed on her bed, but he would never forget he ghostly pale face and her blue lips, nor how cold her skin felt, how hollow the previously loving and soft eyes of hers were in that moment. He could never forget and now especially those memories haunted him. When he did manage to sleep, he would often wake up in sweats as he gasped for air, plagued by the vivid recollections of being trapped in the suffocating heat of the burning transit van. As he was still recovering, he hadn't been able to go out for a jog to let off some steam, so would instead either lay awake with Shona in his arms if he'd ended up disturbing her, or he'd sit by Eddie's cot as the sleeping baby was the only other person who could keep him content and determined to stay positive lately.

As he'd been getting dressed for the evening's formal event, there was a big part of Spencer that debated whether it was the right thing to do given everything had happened over the last couple of weeks. Still recovering from his injuries and the sleepless nights he'd been having, he would have much preferred to have a quiet night in and be close to the phone in case anything else happened to Harper. Spencer was still in shock that his sister had attempted suicide and though he'd been to visit her whenever he could, he couldn't shake the feeling that she'd prefer he wasn't there, given the way she'd spoken to him before trying to kill herself and that she'd made it clear that over the years he'd contributed to how she was feeling. In addition to that, Spencer had been concerned when he saw how exhausted and ill Bruce looked that night at the hospital. Now aware of just how much stress his uncle was under and that he'd failed to protect his sister, Spencer knew he didn't have the choice of a night at home to rest. As Bruce's second-in-command, Spencer decided to take on more to ensure his uncle had more time to breathe. That meant that the charity event was in fact exactly where he had to be. Despite his family's troubles and his own struggling well-being, Spencer knew business had to go on and the Kings had to be a strong, visible presence this evening.

The evening had gotten off to a smooth start. With everyone content that Harper was safe and stable in the hospital, the three brothers, Shona, Bruce and Darcey had all arrived at the conference centre on time. Spencer had noticed May and Christian hadn't arrived. Part of him wondered if the private investigator had done as advised and ended things with May. He'd felt bad after telling Christian to keep his distance from her, but when it came to business he was taught to think with his head and not with his heart, and it wasn't smart to keep Christian employed if the man wasn't doing his job properly. Despite what he thought might have happened, Spencer soon realised something more concerning was behind May's absence when Christian had shown up on his own looking for her. The man explained how he'd gone to May's place to pick her up but she wasn't there and Darcey hadn't heard from her either. Given what he'd been told about Josh and that it had been taken seriously enough to have a guard keep an eye on May, Spencer thought the worst, just as Christian clearly did. With Spencer's presence at the charity auction being mandatory, he had no choice but to remain there, even if he was willing to ignore his recovery to help get May back and deal with anyone who might be involved in her disappearance. In the end, Alex and Billy had stepped up to accompany Christian to search for May.

*****​

Ezekiel Carter and Spencer King

1665520086106.pngThe annual charity auction had been in progress for more than an hour. The large function room was lavishly decorated in a gold and white theme, with tables set out for the guests who chose to be seated and various areas around the room for those who wished to get up and mingle. With businessmen, investors, politicians and those of other wealth present, it was an altogether formal affair. Although he wore a smart suit when working in the office of Kings Remedial, it wasn't too often that Spencer dressed so formally. As much as he preferred to be dressed comfortably casual, it was more than worth the extra effort as it meant he got an evening out with Shona. He was attracted to his wife in whatever she wore, but the stunning outfit she was wearing tonight only further accentuated why she was the most beautiful woman in the world. From his standing position, with his uncle and Darcey close by but only just out of earshot, he had been about to tell her how gorgeous she was when the pianist ceased playing in the background and another name was called out from the stage to invite the next important guest to go up and give a speech. Placing his arm around Shona and resting his hand on her low back, Spencer kissed the side of her head. He sent Bruce and Darcey a smile, along with a knowing raised eyebrow, before focusing on the stage a short distance away.

Of course, the four of them already knew the man on the stage well enough. Ezekiel Carter, of Carter Technologies, was a business partner of the Kings. Although the man's father, Isaac Carter, remained the boss of the family business, it was clear to anyone that Ezekiel was practically running the show and it was only a matter of time before Isaac, in his rapidly declining health, handed his son full control. Spencer had spent some time with Ezekiel in business and at social events, from which he had come to like the man and had found him naturally easy to work with. Unlike the opinion he had formed of Gabriel Moretti - one which was growing more sour by the day, accelerated by the man's input in having Callum brought home which had resulted in Savannah being shot without regard for her life. Regardless of his family's war with the Sullivans, Spencer did not agree with almost killing Savannah, the mother of his nephew. He may have had direct altercations with the woman over recent months and she may have taken Callum from Alex, but Spencer would never have tried to hurt or kill her. Before his mind had time to wander, Spencer focused back onto the stage where Ezekiel had already started speaking.

"It's a pleasure to be a part of this evening and to have my beautiful wife, Lilith, here with me this evening," Ezekiel spoke in his clear and confident voice, which barely needed a microphone to reach across the room. As he outstretched his arm to point out his wife in the crowd, a fond and adoring smile adorned the man's features. Although on the podium in front of him were notes and cues, he barely needed to take a second glance at them as he continued through his speech. "Two years ago, my son was diagnosed as having a brain tumour. It was successfully removed and my boy is now almost fully recovered from his operations. It is with thanks to not only the dedicated and experienced staff at The Royal London Hospital but also to the technology we now have available. This life-saving technology is rapidly evolving and I have no doubts as those resources advance, more lives can be saved, but this type of medical equipment costs a great amount of money." Ezekiel outstretched his arm to the side to direct the audience's attention to the poster board propped up on the stage that carried the hospital's name and various photographs of its facilities. "As a sign of gratitude to those who helped out my family when my son needed it most, Carter Technologies will be donating various pieces of imaging and diagnostic equipment to The Royal London Hospital. In addition to that, all of the proceeds from the items I have donated for auction this evening will go directly to the hospital so they can continue to offer the first class service I have become so familiar with." Ezekiel paused and smiled as the audience began to applaud. Once the crowd had fallen silent, Ezekiel continued his speech, bringing it to a natural close and charismatically reminding everyone of the extravagant buffet. He then departed the stage so it could be cleared ready for the auction to be set up for later.

1665520099199.pngHaving already sighted them from his spot up on the stage, Ezekiel decided to make his way over to speak with Bruce and Spencer. With Lilith by his side, he approached the Kings, greeting the two men with a firm handshake and then moving on to place a kiss on the back of one hand each belonging to Darcey and Shona. Realising Spencer hadn't been present the last time he had a meeting with Bruce, Ezekiel soon fixed his attention on him and Shona. "Congratulations on becoming parents," he said, a genuine smile on his face. "Bruce told me you'd named him Edward. Edward King. A good, strong name," he enthused, placing a firm hand on Spencer's shoulder.

"Thank you, Ezekiel. Eddie gives us a run for our money but we wouldn't have him any other way," he said, looking to Shona and sending her a fond smile.

Naturally, things soon progressed to Ezekiel inviting the two men aside for some business talk, leaving Darcey, Shona and Lilith together. As he led Bruce and Spencer to a small, empty table, he sat across from them both, flagging down a waiter to get them some drinks. "It's good to see you again, Bruce. How has business been going in the world of pharmaceuticals? If you need any new equipment, I'll honour the same prices as the last time," he assured them. Sitting back in his seat, he looked at the area around them for a time, an air of confidence about him. He looked to Spencer briefly, acknowledging what remained of the cuts and marks from his near death experience a couple of weeks earlier. "Never mind business, how are you two doing? With the explosion at the nightclub and those battle scars, you gentlemen look like you've been going through it lately. Don't forget to relax," he suggested. "My father never took time to breathe and if there's one thing he now tells me time and time again, it's that he should have taken more time for himself and admitted when he needed to rest."

Pyroclast Pyroclast (Bruce)
Mentions: Pyroclast Pyroclast (Shona) Bellz Bellz (Lilith) Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Darcey)

Callahan Family Home
~ Sutton, Dublin ~
Savannah Callahan

1665520113446.pngThe bullet that had sliced into the side of Savannah's thigh had been a minor wound. The wound to her abdomen had just managed to avoid the liver and any other organs, but she'd had to spend days in the hospital in Corfu. As soon as she was able to be discharged, the Sullivans had rushed to arrange a flight home for her and Danny. It hadn't come soon enough for the blonde woman who had been restless the entire time as she couldn't calm her panic at having Callum taken from her. The doctors had ended up sedating her at times to calm her down and reduce the risk of more damage being done to her wounds.

By the time she was home, Savannah was more subdued, the exhaustion finally catching up with her after the journey home. Having been upset and worried, mixed with feelings of guilt for giving up on her daughter, Sinead had been very insistent Savannah stayed at the family home until she was better. Of course, this also opened Savannah up to being visited by Conor who wanted to know who was involved and him then promising to storm to London to get Callum back. This had only upset Savannah further to the point of demanding Conor and everyone else kept out of it. She would get her son back on her own terms and if one thing had been proved time and time again, it was that the Sullivans and Kings throwing their weight around in her son's name was causing so much pain. It hurt to know so many people had been hurt using Callum's as an excuse.

When Roxie arrived at the house, Sinead had been quick to welcome the woman inside and offer her a drink. The redhead even went as far as handing Roxie a tray of cakes and snacks, hoping she might encourage Savannah to finally eat something. Ushering their friend upstairs, Sinead opened the door of the spare bedroom Savannah was occupying and told her she had a visitor, stepping aside so Roxie could enter the room. Leaving the two to talk, Sinead had reluctantly closed the door and walked away, hating seeing her eldest daughter so depressed.

Occupying one half of the queen-sized bed, Savannah sat up but remained under the covers. Patting the empty side of the bed to her right, she waited for Roxie to join her. Other than Danny and Liam, Savannah hadn't been up to speaking much to anyone else. She'd been for the most part holding back her emotions, an empty, hollowness in her face as she remained in a sense of shock at what had happened. However, as soon as her friend was at her side, her emotions practically burst out of her as she broke out in an uncontrollable, heartbroken sob. "Is it too much to... to just be happy?" she gasped.

Taking a moment, Savannah tried to compose herself. For the briefest of times whilst in Corfu, she'd seen a glimmer of hope. She had her son with her and Danny had expressed his shared love for her. For that briefest time, she felt truly happy and loved, and she felt like she was somewhere safe - free of violence and fear. Now she realised she would never be able to have love, happiness and safety. She wondered if she would even be permitted to have one of those things for more than five minutes.

"Rox, I miss my baby so much. I want my little boy back but I don't know how I can get to him." She placed her hand to her chest and let out a strained breath. "It feels like my heart has been ripped out of my chest. It hurts so bad, Rox," she cried. "That evil man might as well have shot me in the heart. I'd rather be dead than have to keep living like this."

Bellz Bellz (Roxie)

..7 days later...

Screen Shot 2022-10-11 at 2.24.44 PM.png

Lilith Carter
Excalibur Hotel & Conference Centre
~ City of London, London ~

kerry-raresag.jpeg
Lilith absolutely adored events like the one tonight. Coming together for a good cause was nothing short of exciting for her. Tonight was, extra special to Lilith, for they would be donating to The Royal London Hospital, a place that Lili would hold near and dear to her heart for saving her son’s life. Despite knowing he’d have to go on stage, Lili held close to Ezekiel until the last possible moment, not letting him go until she fussed over his tie one more time. "You look dashing, my love. I’ll be right here waiting for you." She said, a beautiful smile spreading wide across her face before watching him leave.

Holding the drink, Lilith stood off to the side of most people. While she wasn’t one to shy away from social gatherings or people for that matter, she hadn’t felt the need to interact with many just yet. At least not on her own anyway. Ezekiel began his speech, starting off by saying it was a pleasure to be a part of the event this evening. She was caught slightly off guard when he motioned to little old her, standing out in the crowd but Lilith once again put on her best smile, her cheeks warming as people turned to look at her for a moment. She didn’t meet any of their eyes, just staring at her husband with so much adoration in her eyes as her husband spoke with such confidence. It pleased her to know that she was the only one in the room who could make him smile like that, that smile that she fell in love with all those years ago.

The confidence in his voice, and the power behind it, were all things that Lilith had fallen in love with as well. It was rare to meet a man with such confidence, one that didn’t come off as cocky but rather humble. Ezekiel had always been a humble man in her eyes. That’s what she loved about him the most. Lilith’s smile faded slowly as her husband talked about their son’s fight with a brain tumor. It had been the most horrible news she could have received. Lilith was a fierce mother who would do anything and everything to protect her children. That day when the Doctor’s told her that medical science would have to help her boy, it had been the most helpless she had ever felt in her life.

Every word her husband spoke up on that stage was true. Lilith owed everything she had to that hospital, to the staff, to the technology. Knowing what they would be donating, her heart swelled with pride. The crowd seemed to have just the same feelings as her and when Ezekiel was through with his speech, Lili made her way to her husband from the crowd, only momentarily being stopped by a few people who wished to tell her that she and her husband were generous. Thanking them for their kindness, she continued to make her way to her husband until her arm looped through his.

"Absolutely wonderful, as always, love." Lili complimented her husband, moving to place a kiss on his cheek before they made their way to speak with the Kings. Handshakes were exchanged all around, Lilith smiling sweetly at all of the Kings before Ezekiel mentioned Eddie. When the conversation had come to a natural split, the men soon moved off to speak of business, and Lilith was left with Darcey and Shona.

"Being a parent, it’s indescribable. I’m so excited for you, Shona!" Lili said sweetly, moving to take a sip out of the drink in her hand before looking at Darcey. "Do you have any children of your own, Darcey? Or does the King bunch keep you on your toes?" The woman asked with a small laugh. "I do apologize for it taking so long for us to be properly introduced. My own children like to keep me on my toes, my eldest is 16 and she’s more like me than I’d care to admit. But she’s got a good head on her shoulders. And after my son was diagnosed with that brain tumor, I’ve spent a lot of time focusing on them….don’t want to miss a minute because you never know when it will be your last."
Was With: Misty Gray Misty Gray
Now with: Pyroclast Pyroclast ; Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess
Natasha McCarthy
Collin McCarthy

Adam Harper's Bachelor Pad

~Dublin~

32d3816a1415f7e55680272bc1ab1ff7.jpegWhen Adam had come to her about proposing to her mother, Natasha had been conflicted. Not because she didn’t like Adam or feel that he wasn’t deserving of being a part of her family…but because it was just shocking. Adam and Blake had only been dating for a smaller amount of time. But Natasha had to rationalize with herself that those two had been great friends for years, and they had been in this flirting cycle for just as long. Plus, her mother looked so happy. Natasha wasn’t sure if she’d see her mother smile just like she had been lately again. Who was she to stop that? Nat knew her mother still love Jackson, but in a way that was meant to help her move on.

"Collin! Where did you put the bags of rose petals!" Natasha called out. The boy was tagging along to help Leo and Natasha set up Adam’s place. "I put them on the couch, Nat. Where do you want me to start spreading them?" He asked, his footsteps coming from down the hall to look at Leo and Nat. "Start at the front door and spread them in a path to the living room. Try not to get them anywhere else so poor Adam has less to clean up." Natasha said and Collin smiled, "I’m so happy Adam is doing this! I’ll have another dad! We’ll have another dad!" Natasha’s heart slightly ached at him saying that, but Collin didn’t know any better. Their father had died before their mother even had the chance to tell him about Collin. Of course, this would be exciting for him, Collin would finally have a complete family.

Natasha came up to Collin and ruffled his hair, pulling him close. "That’s right, kid. The family you’ve always wanted. But just remember dad loves you too, yea? Even if he’s not here with us." The blonde wasn’t sure why she needed to remind him of that. Was it for him or for her? She needed to stop. Biting her bottom lip, Nat released Collin. "I know, Nat…but I’m just excited for Adam to finally be with mam. Dad would be happy for her, wouldn’t he?" That question caught her off guard. When she didn’t answer quickly enough, Collin took that as his cue to get the other stuff done.

When he left, Natasha was left in the entryway for a long moment before she moved to the living room to see Leo. He was lighting the candles. So many candles. "I promised Adam that I would supervise you lighting those. I’m not doing a very good job am I?" Natasha laughed. Walking towards him, she waited for him to light another candle before moving to give him a hug. "Is it weird to feel…conflicted about this? I mean, I’m so stoked for my mam. I know she deserves this, I know Collin deserves this too. He’s been wanting a father figure in his life since he was small…but I just feel…" The blonde swallowed harshly, looking away from Leo for a moment as she pulled back from the embrace.

"This is awfully romantic though, isn’t it? Adam’s got a whole side to him that I wasn’t aware of. My mother is going to be all swoony." Natasha laughed before trying to change the subject off of how she felt about it all. "You ever think about how you’d propose to someone?" She asked curiously, a smirk forming on her face. "Like…if you were going to propose to me, right now. How would you do it?"
with: Leo Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

Harper King
The Royal London Hospital
~ Tower Hamlets, London ~

One Week Later...
“She should be waking up any moment now, the anesthetic is wearing off."The doctor in charge of Harper's care explained to Jeremy, who had only left the woman's bedside when he needed to. The doctor kept him and everyone in the loop on her condition, and her chances of coming out of the coma they had induced her into successfully. There was one thing that he'd only shared with Jeremy...feeling that perhaps it was something that didn't need to be said to the rest of the family. He'd been in practice long enough to sense things like that. The chances were good today and after seeing major improvements they had decided to see if she would wake up once eased off the anesthetics. "I'll leave you alone for a while but I'll be back to check in on her. If she wakes up, press the call button and I'll come by to do my evaluation."He told Jeremy before lightly patting his shoulder, offering the man a kind smile.

When he left the room, it was nearly an hour later before Harper would stir. Her brows furrowed together in her lucid sleep, her face forced into a deep frown compared to the emotionless expression that dawned on her face for the past week. Suddenly, her eyelids moved and flickered open. Her eyes burned, the light in the room causing a sharp pain to radiate through her skull. "Ah.."She let out a pained sigh, moving her hand to shield her eyes from the fluorescent lights. The beeping sound confused her, wondering where it was coming from before she suddenly felt panicked. Weak arms pushed her into a sudden upright position, her head struggling to catch up as the blood rushed to it. The world spun around her as she tried to focus on where she was, the heart monitor starting to beep more and more as her pulse grew faster.

She tried to move her left hand only for it to tug on something beside her, turning, she saw the I.V and her confusion grew. Why was she in the hospital again? The beeping of the heart monitor, and the sound of a PA system in the hall, all brought her back to the night of the Mercury and the woman let out a whimper. Her head turned, hearing a movement and when her eyes locked with Jeremy's the tears that welled in her eyes were unexplainable. "Is-is this another dream?"She asked softly, her voice sore and hoarse from the tube that had been taken out of it a day prior. "Jeremy...why...why are you looking at me like that?"The look he was giving her was so pained that it hurt her heart as it continued to thrum past her control.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f...gif
Her eyes looked away for a second, looking down at her arms which were heavily bandaged and the woman suddenly remembered what she had done. Her right hand went to her mouth as she once again looked back up at him. Harper had been comfortable with what she was leaving behind at least in her psychosis and prepared for it. But Harper hadn't prepared herself for if she had been unsuccessful. The guilt was...nauseating. As she looked at the man who she loved but no longer knew if he loved her, Harper's brows furrowed again as she tried to keep herself from falling apart. "D-did you find me?"

The last week from hell had yet to end. It had gotten better, knowing that Harper had stabilized, but that was the best thing so far. The night of the dinner party, Jeremy had seen Harper driving off as his taillights disappeared around the corner. He had rushed to her house after that, arriving just after Trevor had moved her to the living room. He had come into so much blood, broken glass, and other objects on the floor he thought he was in a horror movie. When he realized who was there and what was going on, Jeremy jumped into action, helping Trevor however he asked, much like the last time only this time his head wasn’t as boggled.

When the ambulance showed up, he had waited at the stairs to bring them up, Trevor keeping her wrist up high and her heart pumping. He couldn’t quite remember when everyone else got there, it was all a blur. It was a repeat of the Mercury but at her own decision. It destroyed his heart, he had not felt a thing for days except despair. Once she was in a room, and the majority had left to go take care of children, spouses, lovers, and themselves, Jeremy stayed in the waiting room outside. Everyone stayed as long as they could, but Jeremy had nowhere else to go. Harper was all he had left, having effectively quit his job, pissed off Bruce, and pretty much ruined himself all in one night.

As she lay sleeping, he dozed off and on outside until the doctor said they were taking her off the induced coma. Knowing Harper might want a familiar face, he moved inside, sitting at her feet away from her, able to be there and answer questions when she awoke. He was right, of course, when she awoke the first thing she asked was why, and he couldn’t answer her. Instead, she figured it out herself, looking around and seeing the bandages on his arms, and his heart broke into smaller pieces. She didn’t deny it, instead asking if he had found her.

With a gruff voice, not looking at her directly, Jeremy gathered his strength to speak, “Trevor did that, right place, right time for once. He also was the one who administered the overdose meds, right in time I gathered. I showed up not too long after… I’ve gone back and cleaned since then, so you don’t have to worry about it when you get out… if…” His voice trailed off, a shell of what used to be full and filled with life. Jeremy looked empty, pained, and like he hadn’t eaten in a week - which was mostly accurate. The doc made him drink a thing every morning or he wouldn’t update him on Harper’s condition. Otherwise, he barely touched anything.

Screen Shot 2022-10-11 at 2.00.55 PM.png
“Been ‘bout a week now. Doctors decided it was safe to wake you up. I should go call your family, let them know you’re about. They’ll want to see you.” Jeremy stood, shoving his hands into his pockets. “Anyone, you want me to ask for in particular?” He paused at the door, still not looking at her, waiting for a response with his hand on the knob.

Harper was surprised to learn that Trevor had been there, what had he been doing at her house? The overdose had been...a decision she immediately regretted. And she felt that she was going to have to spend eternity now explaining it to the man she loved as he stared at her with a hollow expression. He told her that he'd cleaned up the apartment. The images she had thought had been erased with the trauma suddenly hit her like a punch to the face.

He said it had been a week since then but before she had any time to react he stood up, saying that he should go call her family. Jeremy wasn't looking at her, wasn't expressing any relief to see her alive. When he asked if there was someone, in particular, she wanted to see, Harper's bottom lip trembled beyond her control. She'd ruined it, what they had. Trying to end her own life had caused him nothing but misery and because of her actions, he'd changed.

Despite knowing how selfish she was, the woman shook her head slowly. "Just you...I don't...want to see anyone but you right now." The blonde said in a small voice. "Don't leave...please," Harper begged, hoping he'd stay. When she thought he would stay, the woman tried to get him to meet her eyes. "I love you..." She breathed out and her body shook as anxiety gripped her. "I know, I know it doesn't seem like that after what I tried to do but I do."Harper's voice trembled as she moved her hand to her mouth once more as she tried to keep herself in check.

"I wasn't thinking straight..."

Jeremy stood frozen at the door, listening as tears filled his eyes. It was what he wanted to hear, but his heart hurt so terribly, he found himself doubting everything. He couldn’t understand how you could love someone so deeply, yet hate life so much you’d want to end it. It didn’t make sense to him. In his mind, as long as he had Harper, he had a reason to live. She didn’t feel that way and it felt like they were no longer on the same wavelength.

Slowly, he turned, making his way back to the bed. He still couldn’t bring himself to look at her yet, it broke his heart fresh every time, but he did gently pull her to him by wrapping his arms around her shoulders. He squeezed tightly, holding her close as he tried to force his lungs to breathe. It felt like he was suffocating, just being near her, but he couldn’t be away from her either. This was the definition of purgatory. He had never been a spiritual man, but things were quickly changing. Someone, somewhere, wanted Harper alive, and on a level, none of them could understand to have protected her for long and through so many traumas.

“I know you weren’t Harper. I’m… I’m sorry, I wasn’t there, that I couldn’t do enough to stop it. I thought… Well, it doesn’t matter what I thought, I just need you to be okay.” He thought about what the doctor had said, the news he had given him, but Jeremy couldn’t bring himself to say it yet. It might make her freak out all over again. As he hugged her close, a hand slipped up to the back of her head, combing through her hair. He didn’t make any noises, but a few tears fell, landing against her neck.

Despite him pulling her into an embrace, Harper could tell things had changed and it was a fate worse than death. He still wasn't looking at her as his arms tightened around her. Her arms curled naturally under his, her face burying into his broad chest. Jeremy apologized for not being there...for not being able to do enough to stop it. Harper's shoulders shook as she silently cried.

Was that what he thought now? That he wasn't enough for her, that he couldn't do enough to stop her from killing herself? He took too much responsibility for her actions. But this was all her. She fucked this up, she fucked it all up and now she was going to have to deal with the consequences. Jeremy said he just needed her to be okay but Harper wasn't even thinking about herself anymore. All she was worried about was him. He wasn't the same, hadn't been the same even before she tried to end her life.

The guilt was trying to manipulate her brain again but any and all thoughts were effectively shut out again. His hand brushed through her hair and they sat in silence for a few moments until Harper felt tears falling against her neck. "Jere..." The woman whispered, moving so that she could see his face. "Please...look at me. I just need you to-" Harper unwrapped her arms from him and moved them to capture his face in her hands. With her small hands on either side of his cheeks, she wiped away the remainder of the tears with her thumbs.

"It's not that you couldn't do enough, luv. It's that I thought I couldn't be enough for you, for any of you." Harper's throat felt like it was closing as her hands shook. With his face in her hands, it was hard to avoid her gaze and she hoped he would meet it. "You shouldn't be sorry, you should never be sorry for the mistakes I've made. That's what it was...a mistake. My mind...it made me feel..."The woman swallowed harshly.

"You've spent all this time trying to prove that you are enough for everyone, that you belong with us. But I've felt like a stranger my whole life. And the last few weeks, I've been trying to prove that I was enough for you." Harper's hands slowly slid away from his cheeks, her eyes now looking away. "What I did to you...that's not what someone deserving of you would do. And I understand if you can't...be around me. Because all I've wanted the last few weeks is for you to be happy. That's never going to change, even if we have."

Harper guided his face to hers, forcing him to look at her, he finally lifted his eyes. He felt terrible, he didn’t want her to see the pain, the tears, he was trying to be strong for her. “You never needed to prove you were enough for me, Harper. I always accepted you, regardless of any self-assigned flaws. And please, don’t say that. I will always want to be around you, but this isn’t going to be something I can just pretend didn’t happen. It hurt everyone around you as much as it did you.”

He sat back, moving to caress her cheek. “You are a part of me, that means I can apologize too. I know, somewhere, there was an answer, I just wasn’t fast enough to find it.” He sat back, holding her hand, sniffling. He thought again about what needed to be said. Part of him felt it needed to be kept a secret, her mind was not steady enough for it. The flip side of that was that if he didn’t tell her if she didn’t know, would she try something stupid again the minute her brain forced her into a depression?

Jeremy gulped, deciding he’d leave the choice up to her. “Look, there’s something you need to know, the doctors found out when they were evaluating you, but if you want to wait, we can wait and discuss it later, as long as you promise - really promise, Harper - that you’re not going to do anything again without talking to someone first. Anyone, so long as you don’t do… this.” He touched the bandages again with a break in his voice, the pain renewing in his chest.

Harper knew this wasn't something that would just go away. This was going to stick with them for...quite possibly the rest of their lives and hers. He kept firm on his belief that he should apologize and as much as Harper wanted to fight him on it, her energy was nearly nonexistent. But she was going to make sure they were okay. The woman owed Jeremy that much. Once again another beat of silence blanketed the room, the only noise coming from the machines connected to her.

When he said there was something that he needed to tell her, something that the doctors found out, Harper went rigid. Jeremy gave her the option to wait to have the discussion until later but whatever it was, it seemed to be causing him some sort of conflict internally. The man told her to promise that she wouldn't do anything again, to talk to anyone so long as she didn't...

Jeremy's fingers traced the bandages on her arm, his voice breaking. Harper looked down at the bandages, her jaw clenching as for just a moment, she could see the wound beneath, the glass shard from the liquor bottle glistening with her blood. Blinking once and then once more, the image was gone, the bandages clear as day. The woman nodded her head softly, her eyes moving to look at him as she said, "I promise." Her voice was hoarse with emotion. But when she thought about it...she didn't want to wait. It would continue to nag at her if he didn't just tell her.

What could they have possibly found? Was she sick or something? Harper swallowed harshly before saying, "You can tell me now, though. I-whatever it is...it won't freak me out." She said, knowing that was probably the reason he was being so hesitant. "Whatever it is...we can get through it together."

Jeremy knew that Harper was likely still going to disagree with him, but one day she would understand that the kind of love he had for her, it was like being one person, not two. If one of them failed, they both failed, and if one succeeded they both triumphed. He watched the transformation of her face from aware to distant and back again. He still seemed hesitant. Jeremy was not foolish enough to think that she could have guessed this, not even for a moment. Harper had barely come around to the idea, much less living it. He rubbed the back of his neck, looking away for a moment, his hand still holding hers.

“Harp…” He looked up, and even in the gloom there was a flicker of light in his eyes, a small glimmer of hope that something would turn out right, but the rest of him was waiting for the bad news. “You’re pregnant. About two months, give or take.” Unintentionally, he squeezed her hand, giving her something to squeeze back, hoping he made the right choice in telling her now. “It’s going to be okay… but… you have to make a decision sooner rather than later, as to… as to what you want.” It killed him to say it, but Bruce was right, he had to put her health first, and a child right now would not help, if she didn’t truly want it.

His free hand lifted, touching her arm lightly but flinching away, settling on her shoulder instead. He wasn’t sure if this was good news, though he had always wanted children, when so much was wrong right now.

She wasn't sure what she was expecting him to say. Maybe tell her she had some sort of cancer or something, but when his eyes met hers again after he looked away, and told her she was pregnant...the room suddenly felt hot. Not only was she pregnant, but about 2 months pregnant. "How..?" The question came out and she shook her head, knowing exactly how it happened, but she was wondering how she ignored all the signs. He squeezed her hand, seeing the flicker of light in his eyes and Harper felt sick. The heart monitor started up again, betraying the nearly straight face she had managed to keep in place.

The urge to pull the stickies off like she had when she was in the hospital the last time was strong, but she knew Jeremy would just put them back on. The tears to her eyes were fresh as they burned, her skin feeling hot as she searched his eyes. He said it was going to be okay. How was it going to be okay? Make a decision...? Her mind scrambled in its chaos to figure out what he meant by that but Harper suddenly remembered May and what she had told her about abortion. Oh.

The blonde watched his hand move to her arm before flinching away, moving to her shoulder. Harper looked down at her lap then. "I-"The words started to come out before they were cut off by tears closing her throat. "This isn't just about...what I want." Harper finally was able to say. "2 months? 2 whole months! How did I miss that?" The blonde asked, not expecting him to answer as she let out a stressed sigh.

Harper never desired to have kids, and never pictured herself being that person. She wasn't a nurturer, or maternal. And she just tried to kill herself. Having a kid? She clearly proved that she would be a terrible parent. "I don't want to be her, Jere." The woman whispered, "...what if I-we...have them and I go and fuck up?" Tears fell down her cheeks as she shook her head, "I swore I would never have kids because I didn't want anyone to go through the same shit I went through...the same thing you went through. My brothers too. And now the universe is playing some...game." Harper hoped he wasn't hurt by her saying that, but it was what it felt like.

Harper’s reaction was about what he had expected, and that small flash in his eyes died out. He didn’t say much, letting her process the news first before he tried to talk to her about it. Annoyed, he reached over and shut off the sound on the machine, not needing it to tell him what he already knew. With the sound off, he didn’t look back at her, instead staring at his lap as if waiting for her to make her decision right then and there. He knew what she would pick, and why, even if he had hoped at one point she would have felt differently with him. She still could with time, but he didn’t know how he would feel by then. He loved her deeply, he’d never love another, that did not make him immune to pain, heartache, scarring, or his own mental issues.

When she mentioned that it wasn’t just about what she wanted, Jeremy shook his head. “Right now, it is about what you want. It is your decision, I will support whatever you want.” His voice was flat, already trying to accept what he assumed her decision would be. “Your health has to come first right now, and you have to want this, no one will force it on you, even me.” He took a deep breath, looking back up and catching her gaze, “Whatever you decide, we will figure it out, one way or another. But you’re not her, Harper, and the sooner you truly believe that the better off you’ll be. You would never subject a child to some of the things we had to deal with, and because of that, you will be a better mother if you choose to be.”

Of course, it hurt, and right now Jeremy really just wanted to walk away. Everything he had been so confident about was lost right now. Harper was not going to be able to just return to a normal life, and in that time, she might realize she made a mistake with him. Never had he thought Harper was capable of doing what she had done, he wasn’t sure how he could have been so oblivious. It was a little too late, but he knew now that even he couldn’t help Harper, and he had messed up by saying too little. If he had spoken up sooner, and not been so cocky, maybe she wouldn’t be in this position now, having to make such a choice that he could not even help her make - he would not force her to become a mother if it was something she did not want, regardless of what he wanted.

Harper had been thankful when Jeremy turned off the sound to the heart monitor. It was only assisting in the pain and heartbreak they were both feeling over the situation. He was telling her that this was about what she wanted right now, that her health was first. She had to want it. Whatever they decided he promised they would figure it out one way or another.

Her mind tried to convince her that Jeremy was just saying that she wasn't her mother. She nearly met the same fate as Laura a week ago and now he was telling her she wasn't her. It had to be a lie. Harper shoved the negative thought out of her head, needing to hear what Jeremy had to say with a clear and open mind. He was right, she wouldn't subject a child to some of the things they had to go through...it was what caused Alex and her to have a fallout in the first place. Callum didn't deserve the same struggles they all had. He was a clean slate, just an innocent mind who was dependent on his family to give him a good life.

Harper had no faith in her ability to be a mother. It just wasn't possible at this time. But...maybe that would change with time? The idea of having a child was always something she pushed out of her thoughts because the family she had around her ruined any ideals she had as a kid. Just like any other little girl, she wanted to get married, wanted to have three children and a cat and a dog with a house to call her own. But as she grew older, the worse she got at healing and recovering from the trauma she faced...the further she pushed that dream aside.

Now, the ideas she had as a kid were sitting in her lap. Sure, she'd just tried to kill herself but the universe, while she was sure was playing some game right now...was also offering her a chance to start fresh. The blonde's eyes looked into Jeremy's silently. The first date they had...she had said she would do exactly what she swore she wouldn't. The marriage, the family...all of it. That night seemed so far away now in the fog of her brain but it was there. "Maybe..." She started, moving to take his hand as she played with his fingers. "This is why...I survived." Harper wondered if she was making any sense. The woman had never been a spiritual or religious person. But she did believe things happened for a reason.

"You're right, I would never subject our child to the things we went through. But the more I got compared to Laura, the more I started to believe it. Doing..what I did, didn't prove anything to anyone. Except for the part where I'm here talking to you now." Harper eyed her lap again, looking to her middle for a long moment before biting her bottom lip. "Maybe this is a chance to work on me, to figure out who I really am behind all of this...illness. I know I've always said I never wanted to have children...but I was young enough once to dream of that."

When her eyes dragged back up to Jeremy's, she offered a small smile. There was a glimmer of something in her eyes now, excitement maybe or it could be seen as fear. But her words confirmed how she felt then. "I'm not going to get an abortion. It may seem like the logical thing to do, and I'm sure my family is going to push it. But I love you and I could see a future with you like having a family." She knew those words might have stung considering she just tried to take her own life, effectively ruining two aspects of his future.

"Is the timing poor, yes...but I'm not going to treat this like it's some sort of curse. I just don't want to let them down...and I don't want to let you down, again."

Jeremy watched as she tried to process everything. He knew this was hard on her, and even though he didn’t want to tell her how badly he wanted to try and move forward, the keep the baby because it was their baby, he wasn’t going to make the decision harder by putting in his opinion. Bruce was right, he had to stop thinking about his happiness and start to think about hers, and he’d been an asshole not to do so up to this point. If he had just done his job and kept his feelings to himself, would they be here now? He wasn’t sure, and the more he thought about it the more he wondered if he pushed Harper into all of this, into emotions she didn’t have, or into situations she didn’t really want to be in.

When she started speaking again, he looked up, determined to make her believe him that they would find a way through regardless of her choices. Her hand took his hand, fingers teasing at his as he unconsciously began to play with them back. He didn’t immediately change back to feeling hopeful, instead just silently gauging what she was saying and how she might be thinking. As she continued on, agreeing that everything she did hadn’t proved a point, but that it might be the chance she needed to work on herself and figure out who she was. She went on to explain she had dreamed of marriage with kids once as a kid, and he tried to give her a weak smile. He had promised her all of that when she was ready, but it didn’t seem to have helped much in getting her to this point. Instead, it took the crisis she went through to see it.

The glimmer in her eyes almost gave him hope, but he refused to let it build back up just yet. There was too much that could still go wrong, and he was scared to put himself back out there at 100%, unsure how much more pain he could take. The normally strong man felt weak as a newborn babe. He gave her hand a gentle squeeze, nodding.

“Regardless of what you choose, you won't let me down, but you know if you choose to keep the babe, I will be there for them, and I will be a father. I won’t be leavin’ as Trevor did. I love you.” His words were steady, though his voice wasn’t the happy thing he once figured he’d have when he found out he was going to have a child. All the excitement and joy he imagined them having had been ruined by the events that happened, taking the moment that he thought they would have when he was told he’d be a father. He’d hold up his end, he’d be a father, but he had to move past his own pain first to get there.

Sometime a little later....
Jeremy had left her to go make a few phone calls after they talked. Whatever they had, seemed to disappear. And Harper knew why. It didn't make it any less painful, though. But when she was finally alone in the room she wasn’t sure what to do with herself. The doctor had stopped by to do another evaluation on her only a few minutes prior. He called her lucky, given she survived two separate near-death experiences. Harper didn't feel lucky. She had clearly hurt her boyfriend, now the father of their child who had been the biggest surprise out of all of this. And god knows what her family would think of her now. The blonde's eyes once again traveled to her middle as she swallowed hard. The tears had been non-stop since she woke up but had ceased suddenly. The numb feeling was back, the way she had felt before the attempt and it scared her senseless.

tumblr_f4e3287850e0bfd2411c820d9702166d_304daa7e_250.gifHer hand reached for the call button, just wanting someone to be in the room with her, to save her from herself. But she didn't press it. If she couldn't fight herself would she really be able to continue on as she had just promised Jeremy? The internal battle inside of her head was giving her a headache as she reached up with a shaking hand to rub her right temple. The room was so silent, the beeping of the heart monitor having been shut off by Jeremy during their conversation. Now...she just needed something.

That something suddenly knocked on the door and Harper croaked, "Come in." She was expecting it to be Jeremy, "You don't have to stay in here with-" She started only to be silenced as her eyes met Alex's. The numbness feeling throughout her body was kickstarted with a sudden stabbing pain in her chest as her lip trembled. "Alex." Harper's voice trembled, unable to say anything more.

When Alex was told there was nothing more he could do at the hospital and told to go home, he didn’t. He’d gone to the place she shared with Jeremy, the place she felt he couldn’t tell him about. The door had still been unlocked, luckily, and when he walked inside he paused. The scene a few hours prior, the chaos, the limp body, people telling him it was going to be okay- it felt like the night Laura died. The feeling in his chest wasn’t one he could describe as he made his way to where she’d done it. The blood was still all over the floor and as he stared the only thing that popped into his mind was that he needed to clean it.

Because, “This is your fault,” his mind told him. If he hadn’t called her Laura. If he hadn’t outed her at the dinner table and spoken to her the way he had then she wouldn’t have done this. He was her big brother and was supposed to protect her from all sorts of pain - not cause it. So this - cleaning the blood off the tiles of her floor - was the least he could do. It may have taken him hours and his knees and muscles may have been sore but none of it mattered. He wasn’t going to let her come home to such a memory.

Jeremy had also been present, though the two of them hadn’t spoken. There were things left unsaid and unsolved. Alex didn’t have the energy nor the mental capacity to deal with his relationship with him at the moment. All he cared about then was Harper and he was sure Jeremy felt the same. The air still felt heavy with tension but the weight of the aftermath was heavier.

When he was finally allowed to see her Alex had been by every day. He and Jeremy still hadn’t been speaking to each other so he kept his distance from him. He’d check the visitors log first to see if he’d been there and if there was no out time scribbled in he waited patiently, just as he’d done a second ago. Opening the door to her room his heart tightened at the sight of her. Her eyes were open and he could hear that waver in her voice as she called out to him. His legs quickly carried him to her side and he immediately place his hands against her cheeks, kissing her forehead.

Then the tears came. Nonstop and staining his face with their trails. She was alive and he was more than happy that she was. But how was he going to fix the mess he made? “You have to stop,” he whispered with a soft chuckle. “I’m gonna go grey because of you.”

Tears flowed down her cheeks once again as her brother quickly walked towards her, immediately putting his hands on her cheeks and kissing her forehead. Harper's eyes closed, as he did, her shoulders shaking as she silently cried. Everything had changed, the anger she felt for her brother no longer existed, as if her heart just didn't have the capacity to hold onto that grudge any longer. Not after the dreams, she had over the past week.

The anger that had hardened her heart for so long had crushed it completely and now she was forced to rebuild it. When her eyes opened, Alex told her that she had to stop, a chuckle bubbling past his lips as he added that she was gonna go grey because of her. A genuine smile formed on her lips through the sad tears, "Grey would be a good color on you, I'm sure Kerry would love it." She whispered back.

Harper sniffled and shook her head, "Just when I thought I didn't have any more tears to cry, they always start back up." She said softly before looking into Alex's eyes. "But...Alex, I..." The woman was trying to form an apology, but the words weren't coming out. She truly was sorry, the guilt was eating her alive, but sorry just didn't seem to be enough anymore. "Is sorry even the right thing to say anymore? I mean, I feel it...and I am. But I feel like the boy who cried wolf now, everything I continue to do is only hurting you guys. How can I continue to say sorry when I just turn around and do the same fucked up thing over again?"

Harper's lower lip trembled once more and she tried to suck back her tears with a breath. "It all happened so fast, Alex. I mean...I had been thinking about doing it for weeks. Weeks. But I didn't have a plan...I did have a note but -" Suddenly she paused, looking at her brother with wide eyes. "The note...did...did you guys find the note?"

Screen Shot 2022-10-11 at 2.01.03 PM.png
As Harper sat in bed crying Alex kept stroking her hair, his forehead pressed against hers. He could feel it - the pain she was feeling because he felt it too. Their fight and all the arguing they’d done was stupid. There was no reason for them to be at each other’s throats when so many people were trying to hurt them and their families. This was supposed to be the time they stood up for each other and Alex couldn’t believe he didn’t see that sooner.

He shook his head, sniffling as she said his hair would look nice grey. “Then we’ll dye it.” After leaving another kiss against her temple he let go, taking a step back and grabbing her hand instead. His thumb rubbed over the small tube stuck to her hand as he continued to look her over. When she started talking again he looked into her eyes. He felt like he knew what she was going to say and when she did he shook his head. “Listen,” he started, sliding a nearby chair closer to her bedside. “We said some very fucked up things to each other. Things we didn’t mean. And it’s all in the past.”

He let out a chuckle after she mentioned fucking up over and over again. “So the family has two fuck ups. Nice,” he joked. “You-... You try your best. You’ve given me chance after chance, Harper. And I’ll always do the same for you.”

She then tried to explain what happened - the incident - he kept calling it. Because to say, “Harper’s suicide attempt” was too much for his heart to bear. At the mention of the night, his eyes welled up with tears again. He looked at the ground, his head nodding and sniffling. “Yeah I-,” his voice cracked as he tried to wipe the tears away. “We did.” He needed a moment to settle before looking back up at her. “Truth is. In a lot of ways, I was like Trevor. And the moment I saw that I wanted to change but it was all so half-assed. So no. You don’t have to apologize for what you said because it was the truth. And Jeremy… He’s good for you. I shouldn’t have told the family that way.”

There was so much regret, so much guilt that Harper felt sick. Or maybe that was the new little surprise just reminding her that they were in her womb. Either way, her mouth dried as Alex told her that they both said things they didn't mean. It was hard to let go of the past that she was regretting, which was part of the reason she did what she had...but eventually, she would have to. But right now, she allowed herself to sit in that regret, the guilt...at least a little bit. It was nice to feel those things again. To feel anything really.

Alex chuckled and Harper once again couldn't help the smile that formed on her face, moving to wipe at her eyes as he said that she'd given him chance after chance and that he would do the same for her. That seemed to make two people in her life that would give her unlimited chances. Harper at her lowest point couldn't understand why. She'd hurt them both, Jeremy and Alex. Yet they stayed steady, were even comforting her in her moments now.

The blonde watched as her brother's eyes welled with tears again at the mention of her note and Harper immediately wanted to take the question back. But when he said in a lot of ways he was like Trevor, she stayed silent. He mentioned his attempts after seeing it to change were all half-assed and Harper could see that her own attempts to not let her addiction win were made of the same effort. Alex then mentioned Jeremy and that he was good for her, apologizing for telling the family that they were together the way he had.

"I'm not..."Harper's voice broke, "I'm not mad at you...for saying it." The blonde looked down at her lap again, "I should have been honest with you all, about my relationship with him." Harper bit her lip, "I've never felt this way about anyone before...but," She looked up to Alex, "You and him need to talk. Jeremy's felt like his entire life, he's been expendable. That you guys would push him out or could without a second glance. He loves you idiots." She cracked a smile, "And I'm the idiot in love with the idiot who loves the idiots."

"I think...I might have ruined what we had. He's...not the same with me now." Sighing, Harper knew what she needed to say, but it was hard to be so honest when she was afraid of the answer she would get. The last thing she needed was Alex mad at Jeremy or her again. "...Can I tell you something? And...just promise, not to freak out okay?"

There was silence for a moment as her mind scrambled to try and convince her that telling Alex was a bad idea. "...Jeremy found out from one of the doctors, he just told me a little while ago...but I'm-" The woman let out a deep breath, "I'm...Pregnant."

The relief Alex felt when she informed him she wasn’t upset with him was immense. It was another thing he’d lost sleep over in the past few days. So to get it off his chest made him feel so much better. It would have been nice, he thought, to have been able to have a conversation about their relationship when it started. Ever since that night at the Mercury, Alex had been the only one outside of Harper to know how Jeremy felt about her. The number of jokes and teasing he’d planned would go unsaid.

Knowing that she felt she couldn’t tell any of them about it - tell him about it made him feel shitty. He’d been in his own shit lately, not bothering to take a pause and check on her more often. “We didn’t exactly make it easy for you to be able to, did we,” he asked, rubbing his hands together. After the big blow-up, he realized exactly how much they’d truly been sheltering her; or rather, been trying to.

At the mention of Jeremy, she told him the two of them needed to talk. It took everything in him not to roll his eyes, but he knew she was right. “Yeah, I plan on it.” He scratched the back of his head, leaning back in his seat. “One apology at a time, alright,” he joked, “This is all still very new to me.” Alex never thought about the way Jeremy may have felt when it came to his role and position in the King family. He’d always seen him as Spencer’s best friend, but he knew he was more than that.

He was happy that she’d found someone who made her so happy. Even if that person was her brother’s best friend. But Jeremy was a good guy and if there were anyone he would approve of dating his sister it was him. Before he could make any sort of comment she asked him not to freak out about what she was about to say next. His face grew serious, hand over his chest as he prepared himself for the worst. However, the moment she told him the news his eyes grew wide.

His little sister was pregnant. With a kid. His kid sister was having a kid. Immediately his hand flew to his mouth, trying to cover up the shocked look on his face. And for a moment he just looked at her. He tried to find the words in his brain and force them out but it took a minute. Clearing his throat he lowered his hand and nodded, smiling at her. “You’re gonna be a great mom, kid.”

Harper was chewing on her bottom lip nervously, just watching her brother's face as she told him the news. She half expected to get yelled at, to be told that she was clearly not ready to have a kid. Maybe that's what she wanted to hear because she wasn't sure if her decision to keep the baby was the right one quite yet. Jeremy had already been through so much heartbreak as it was, she couldn't just shatter any dream he had of becoming a father by telling him she wanted an abortion. She wasn't even sure if that was what she wanted either. Her thoughts were just a tangled mess of emotions and feelings, some she was acknowledging and some she was just pushing away for now.

Either way, she wasn't expecting the response Alex gave her as his face went from shocked, hand over his mouth to smile as he then lowered it. He then told her she would make a great mother and Harper let out a low, hoarse laugh. "You don't have to say that, you and I both know that I won't be. At least...not in the state that I'm in right now." Harper had no confidence in herself to do right by her child. Especially since she already endangered the baby's life with her suicide attempt. "I already put them in harm's way...granted I had no idea they existed, but that's not the point." Harper murmured softly. The tears had stopped and a feeling of numbness was starting to make her body feel tingly again.

"Jeremy was...well, how can either of us be happy about this news after what I did?" The young woman looked to Alex, who at first would have been the last person she would have gone to for advice...but Callum had been a surprise to him too. "What...what do you think I should do, Alex? I mean...I know you were in these shoes at one point. Not in the same way, but still..." Swallowing harshly, she shook her head, "I don't want to disappoint him if I say I want an abortion, but I also don't want to disappoint him if I turn to drugs again. I want to do right by this kid, they could be the motivation I need to learn to love myself again, to kick the drug addiction. But I won't lie, I'm scared."

"Every one of you says that I'm not like mum, but the universe seems to want to connect the dots in some sick way. I could see this as my chance to rise above but I also see that this could end terribly again."

Alex immediately shook his head the moment Harper started to doubt herself. “Maybe not in the beginning, but I think that’s just a King thing,” he teased. He’d been shit in the beginning. Spencer had been shit in the beginning. It was only right if Harper was shit, in the beginning, only to get better in the end. Though it was true she’d nearly killed herself and her unborn child, Alex didn’t think it counted. Especially when she didn’t know they existed. “Not in this current state, no, but you’ll get better. Because you’ll have someone to be better for.”

Alex listened intently as she explained how Jeremy reacted to the news. While he understood to an extent how Jeremy was feeling, that brotherly part of him wanted to slap the man upside the head. He knew better, however, than to say this out loud so he kept it to himself for now. She was asking him for advice - some sort of words of wisdom and he sat quietly for a moment trying to find them. Once he had he nodded his head as if agreeing with his conscience. “When Sav told me she was pregnant,” he started, “I pretended I was happy when really I wasn’t. Me? With a goddamn kid?” He chuckled, shaking his head. “The fuck was I gonna do with a kid.” He paused, thinking about the 9 months leading up to Callum’s birth.

“I didn’t want any of it. And I think that’s also what drove me to act the way I did towards Sav - because I felt this was her decision and not mine but you need two people to make a kid, so… Anyway, when he was born and I held him for the first time it was over. I fell in love. I mean, I had no fucking clue what I was doing, but I was excited.” Alex rubbed his hands together, resting his elbows on his knees. “But, then I started to revert to my old ways, leaving Sav to do all the hard shit. But as the kid got older and I realized how he looked at me - that he looked up to me I realized I had to change. I wanted to be better not just for the rest of you guys, but for him. It may have been a goddamn accident but I’m glad Sav gave me Callum.”

Looking up at Harper, he smiled. “What I’m saying is this. You keep that kid, they’re going to make your life so much better. I know they are because, as much as I hate to say it Harp, me and you are the same kid. And if Callum is the light of my life this kid will be yours. Now, if you have the abortion because you truly feel you aren’t ready then do it. Jeremy… Will just have to understand that. Because no kid should grow up feeling like their parents didn’t want them,” he said, voice cracking. “Whatever it is you’re fighting - whatever it is you’re trying to overcome you can. Because you’re a King. And we overcome the damndest of obstacles.”

Alex's reassurance did make Harper feel a little better. Her head was so full of self-hate and doubt, it was hard to get out of it. Not to mention, it was a little slow at the moment from all the anesthetics she had been on. She was responsive and interacting but her head was on autopilot again. Harper was afraid of that the most, being on autopilot. It was what led her to do what she had. Harper knew it was probably weird for Alex, for her to be seeking some sort of wisdom or advice from him. But...he was her big brother, one of them anyway, and sure, he had made mistakes but it could help her learn from those.

He nodded to himself and Harper wondered what he was thinking, but he started to speak and said that when Sav told him she was pregnant, he had pretended to be happy when he really wasn't. A small broken smile formed on Harper's face. The same questions were running through her own mind. What would she do with a kid? Really? Any faith she had in herself was nearly shattered after all of this, what right did she have to put a kid through any pain that she had faced? Sure, Jeremy had said she wouldn't do that...but how could he be so sure after she broke him the way she had?

Alex went on and Harper's smile turned genuine as her brother said the minute he held Callum, it was over. Harper had seen the way her brother looked at her nephew, she could see how much he loved his kid. Which is what was breaking her heart towards the end because he was being reckless in his decision-making. When he mentioned that he reverted back to his old ways, the smile faded into a straight face. Harper had spent so much time convincing herself that Alex and she were not alike, but here they were. Here they had always been, trying to do better for the people around them in their lives rather than themselves. When you hate the person you've become, it's easier to just continue to focus on others around you in order to tune yourself out.

Harper had been doing that with May over the last few weeks, and if it wasn't May...it was Jeremy. Now, when she needed to focus on herself completely, she now had another little person to worry about. Perhaps...finding balance in it all ways the key. Alex that despite it being an accident, he was happy that Savvy gave him Callum. Her lower lip trembled when he looked up and smiled at her. It was nice to hear this from him, after everything they had been through. When he told her that if she kept the kid, they would make her life so much better...she believed him. Even before he said that they were the same, the conviction in his voice was enough to convince her.

She was scared of the unknown, where before...it seemed like a challenge. A welcomed one, in fact. But after everything, the unknown of what would come next...it was anxiety-inducing. This accident...could be a blessing, because she knew what would come. It was the only sure thing in her life right now. Harper had seen the small glimmer of light in Jeremy's eyes when he told her, something that made it clear to her that they were not past the point of redemption but her mind was trying to convince her it was just an illusion. Either way, this kid...could give her a reason to keep going. Even more so than Jeremy. This kid needed her, just like she needed Laura. Just like she needed Darcey.

Her brother's words brought another wave of tears. "It's funny isn't it...how you and I just skirted over the fact that we are the same? Not wanting to admit it to the world when really we should be? Alex, you and I have been through the worst of it all, I think. I mean...I never had to see, what you saw...with...you know." Harper wasn't going to bring up Laura directly as she bit her bottom lip. "But you and I have...thought of ourselves like strangers a bit. I've always felt like I didn't belong here. That I was the wrong piece to this puzzle we call family. But really...we are all the wrong pieces." The blonde's brows furrowed as she realized it sound wrong.

"I mean...we are perfectly imperfect in the fact that we all don't belong in some mold. That's what I love about you all the most."Harper rested her head back against her pillows, a feeling of weakness flooding her now. "We need to start living for ourselves, Alex. If we are truly the same, you have been living for everyone else just as long as I have. Which...let me be the first to tell you, it doesn't end well. But this decision, to keep them, I think is the first decision I am making for myself. Even if...everyone else thinks I'm not ready. I know they'll be loved in ways that we all wanted to be. And that's enough to convince me."

Alex waited for a moment, studying his sister’s features for any signs that she understood the words he was saying. He knew that he hadn’t always been the best brother. He knew that because of his past transgressions his words may not hold any weight. But by god did he mean them. With the amount of time he had spent reflecting there was a lot he had learned both about himself and the world around him. Life had a funny way of teaching lessons when you least expected them to.

Alex let out a slight chuckle as she pointed out that the both of them had brought up the fact that they were similar. He playful made a face, sucking in air through his teeth. “Shit,” he said smiling, “You noticed that too?” He wasn’t actually trying to ignore the fact that they were thinking the same; he had long since accepted that fact. But because of how heavy the nature of their talk had gotten he was trying to, in some light way, lighten it up. However, at the mention of their mother, it didn’t seem to do much.

Ever since that night, Alex had been having dreams as far as Laura was concerned. Some nights it would be about the night he watched paramedics load his mother up and clothes some sort of warm memory. She was always smiling in those; a frown never touched her face. And sometimes he would dream about her being alive; getting to know her grandchildren. Those were his favorites. It wasn’t until the night of the incident that he realized he’d never come to terms with her death. That he was holding back some repressed emotions about it. But with Kerry’s help, he’d been working through it.

He listened as she suggested that it was their imperfections that she loved the most. Alex couldn’t help but chortle, leaning back in his seat with his arm thrown over the back. As she explained what she meant he rubbed his upper lip with his index finger in thought. He looked down and the moment he heard the words, ‘We need to start living for ourselves, Alex,’ his head snapped back up. Tears welled in his eyes as she stated that she had decided to keep them. They began to slowly drift down his face, not bothering to hold them back whatsoever.

“You’re her older brother, Alex. And you’ll get to watch her grow up and it’ll be your job to help her make the right choices.’

Laura’s voice echoed through his mind as he stared at Harper. There were so many things he regretted. So many things he wished he could change. But he knew. He knew and understood that he couldn’t go back in time to change anything. He couldn’t go back to change how he reacted when she was born or how he disappointed her. None of his past transgressions could be changed but that was fine. She had forgiven them and given him the opportunity to make it up to her; an opportunity he wasn’t going to let slip through his fingers.

Alex pushed himself back from the chair, walking over to her bedside once more. He smiled at her and softly grabbed her hand. “Well, honestly speaking, you aren’t.” He smiled. “No one ever is and if anyone tells you otherwise, they’re full of shit.” The tears had long since stopped but the evidence of them were clear on his face. “But that’s okay because you’ve got plenty of us to turn to. You ain’t gotta be perfect, Harp. None of us are.” He leaned down to kiss her forehead before pressing his own against hers. “We love you, Harper. And we’re gonna do better.”

The Present...

After her conversation with her brother, Harper was feeling slightly better. Not nearly enough to really calm her nerves though. But regardless of how calm her nerves were, despite having been practically asleep the entire week…Harper was exhausted. For some time Jeremy and she just talked about things, him filling her in on what she’d missed over the week and where her family currently was. Harper had listened, mostly silent as she just nodded her head in response. But by the time they got to the end of their conversation, her eyes were starting to close once more. The doctor in charge had stopped by the room to inform her that Dr. Parker had been notified of everything since she was under his psychiatric care and would be stopping by sometime soon to do an evaluation. Harper wasn’t exactly sure what that meant but it would be nice to talk with him.

Their last session had ended on a nice enough note, but Harper had been so muddled in her thought process that she had found herself just agreeing with whatever the man said. Looking back on it now, she wondered how she had even made it so long doing that. Her head, although not perfectly clear now, was much more clear than it had been before. Something about the whole experience made it so she was able to think a little more rationally. But the fear of what she’d done to herself was there, as was the fear of everything her family could have lost. She had told Alex they needed to start living for themselves but it was hard to break old habits.

Harper just wanted to get better for her family, for the man sitting in the room with her right now. But really, she should have been more worried about getting better for herself. That would come with time, she supposed. Lots of it. It was probably the biggest hurdle she would have to cross. She wasn’t sure just how long she had been dozed off in a dreamless sleep but when there was a knock on the door, she shifted.

"Come in." The blonde called out and when Dr. Parker walked through the door, Harper tried to force a small smile on her face. "Dr. Parker, it’s nice to see you. Dr. Miller told me you’d be stopping by today." She murmured, her eyes then looking to Jeremy. "This is Jeremy Gray, my boyfriend. One of the many people I’ve talked your poor ear off about." Harper’s cheeks reddened, "In a good way, of course." Harper tried to not hang on to that, letting the men introduce themselves before clearing her throat, "Dr. Miller says you’re here to evaluate me…"
with: Jeremy BasDorcha BasDorcha ; Maddox Misty Gray Misty Gray

..7 days later...

womanyellingcat-1573233850.jpg
flatten;crop;webp=auto;jpeg_quality=60.jpg
img5424.jpg

Sullivan Family Home
~Dublin~
Aliana Sullivan
4d784f26ce26e79c12ed39004821911a5eba307a.jpg

Aliana Sullivan was known for meddling when it came to disputes between the men in her family. When Thomas and Leo were having their disagreement, she’d wanted so many times to butt in and force them to fix it. Not only were they cousins who’d grown up together but they were best friends and needed each other. Ali wasn’t sure if she could call Adam Conor’s best friend, but she did think of the two men as being close. He was a trusted employee and friend and had been around for years, so when she’d heard the two men had come to blows she was confused. Well… Not really. Ever since Blake had accepted the fact that she had to move on and had chosen Adam to do it with, Conor had been pissy about it. It wasn’t until she sat and talked with her husband that she finally got to the root of it and he had a proper reason to give her. To Ali, it didn't feel like Conor had truly mourned and accepted Jackson's death. He'd taken on this role as the sole protector as a tribute to his dead best friend, which Ali found honorable. But, she didn't find it fair that he tried to dictate what they did with their lives. "You see how well that worked when you tried it with everyone else," she warned, putting on her earrings. "Let's try not to make the same mistakes.

Ali wasn't blind to her husband's reasonings, either. He wanted the absolute best for Blake, as did she, but Blake was a big girl. She knew what she was doing and walking into with a man like Adam, and she didn't mean the part about him being a former slut. All the outside women and men knew what they were getting themselves into when they discovered what their respective partners did for a living. They understood the risks that were involved and, by staying, accepted them. Blake had done so - twice now - meaning she had a better understanding than most. And Ali just wanted Conor to see that. For his own sake and for the sake of his relationship with Blake and Adam. Blake truly was Aliana's other half and if Conor ruined that because of his stubborn attitude she was going to kill him. So, in her meddling little ways, she forced him to be present for drinks and even asked Blake to do the same. Adam and Conor were going to make up one way or another.

She'd let it sit for a week, hoping that by the time they were forced together again they'd have had time to calm down. Drinks in the privacy of their own home - and away from prying, nosey eyes and ears - were planned. Dinner came with the risk of food being knocked all over the place; drinks... were easier to clean up. Conor had been giving her shit and grief over the plans leading up to it. He didn't see any reason for the conversation to be had but Ali didn't care. She walked out of her closet shaking her head at him. "I don't care, Conor. The two of you need to fucking kiss and make-up." Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail and she nervously tugged at it. She didn't want things to blow up and get out of hand the same way the Thomas and Leo fight had gone. The only difference there was they didn't necessarily have anyone there that would be able to pull them apart... But would they even want to at that point? "Just," she started, letting out an exasperated sigh. She walked over to him and reached to place her hands on his shoulders. "Please just try, okay? And don't do that thing you do." A smile formed on her face before she reached to caress his cheek, letting it linger before playfully slaping his face. "Otherwise, we're not having sex."

Ali had the four of them set up in the observatory. She hoped the calming ambiance of the room would keep things under control but she knew that with both men it wouldn't last. Though they were only meeting there for drinks Ali decided that perhaps some snacks would help too. Rhiannon had helped her put together a fancy-looking charcuterie board. Ali set it in the middle of the table and when the doorbell rang she decided she should be the one to answer. "Get all your grumpy faces out of your system now, Conor," she said, leaving the room to greet her guests. Opening the door she greeted both Adam and Blake with individual hugs - Ali placing a reassuring kiss on Blake's cheek before letting them enter the home. "I don't think I can ever get over finally seeing the two of you together," she teased, a smile on her face. "Thanks for coming over."

Adam, Conor ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )
Blake ( Bellz Bellz )

Sullivan Owned Pub
~Dublin~
Marco Jiminez
45675760b88e05c6bf5eff7cc9c1f653.jpg

Following his evening with Michelle, Marco had come to the conclusion that he was definitely playing with fire. During their dance things had gotten heated and it took everything in him not to take her home. She was the boss' daughter, for starters, and Marco didn't want to cause any ripples... Yet. Of course, the decision not to sleep with her had gone out the window when she looked at him with those wide eyes. Dancing the bachata was more than dangerous and Marco had known this. That fire that had erupted between them was difficult to douse and when she stated the proposition, he agreed. Besides, who was he to deny her? After all, she was the boss' daughter and she got everything she wanted. The two of them had seen each other a few more times after that - always being careful. Gossip like that getting back to Conor wasn't going to be good for him whatsoever.

It was rare for Marco and Dermot to both have the evening off and when they did Marco tried to spend it unwinding. He invited the man out to the pub for drinks and to catch up. The two friends had been busy and working harder lately considering what had happened to Savannah and Danny. How the Morettis were able to just pop up and snatch the kid away was beyond him but it had left a heavy effect. Security was beefed up and he spent long hours working on a rotating schedule. He had more people to train and look out for and babysitting, he thought, was not in his job description. Alas, Marco was going to do what he was told and do so without complaint... Well, out loud, that is.

The pub had been bustling that night - Marco being able to secure himself and Dermot seats at the end of the bar where they could keep an eye on things. Though they were here for leisure, Marco was sure that if something broke out the two of them would have to handle it. He'd flagged down a short blonde, asking for a round of shots for the two of them and two large pints. If he were going to unwind he was going to do it properly and that meant drinking as much as he could before the night was over. "So, compadre," he said, slapping a playful hand down on top of his shoulder. "¿Qué ha estado pasando en tu mundo, eh? What has the ever-charming Dermot been up to? Have these stressful times been causing you to go grey too," he asked, stroking at the salt and pepper-colored beard growing on his face. "Makes me feel older than I am... Ah, but the ladies like it so how bad is it really?"

*Translation: What's been going on in your world?*

Dermot ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

Last edited:
Chapter 18:
..7 days later...

1665522646761.png

Medina House~Somewhere near Bethnal Green, London~
Josh Medina & Maeve Thatcher

******12 September 1985 - 2 days ago….******

1665522720405.jpegMay was downtown, walking from one shop to another as she searched for the dress she was going to wear to the Gala. Darcey had invited her to it a bit ago, before all the things that had happened in the last two weeks. A part of her felt bad for even considering going, but she had already told everyone, and she wasn’t going to cancel on them either. The last time she seen Christian, she had confessed her love to him while he had gently told her he cared for her, but he wasn't ready to say it yet. May had been sad, but she tried to just brush it off. It was hard trying to be understanding when she didn't want to be.

Since then, things had only gotten worse. The next night had been a family dinner, an event she hoped she never had to endure again. Emotionally, she had been a wreck since then. The apartment was empty, so more than once she found herself at Darcey's door, or at the hospital, or checking on Jeremy - she figured that Harper would want someone too. She called Trevor daily and gave him an update after she got home from checking on Harper herself. Force herself to eat, go back to sleep, wash, rinse, repeat.

Today though, she had to get a dress before she was out of time. She had spent the better part of the morning walking from boutique to boutique looking for the perfect dress. She lunched at a café, and was about to give up when she found the perfect dress, finally. Strapless, sage green, opera gloves and a faux pearl necklace was going to make it perfect. She found all the items she needed in the store, and stepped out to try it on with a smile. It was beautiful. If she added in some curls, a touch of makeup, pair of heels, she'd be ready to go. She was nervous, she'd never done anything like this before, much less been invited or been the one to ask out a guy.

As she walked out of the shop, she looked around, considering if she was going to do more shopping or not. May could feel eyes on her, but she assumed it was the gentleman who had been following her, courtesy of the family, all day long. May didn't live far from the shops, so he just hung back and kept his distance while she enjoyed her task. May started to walk home, cutting a corner down the alley so she could take a shortcut back to her place. With the bag in hand, she thought about what she needed to do in the next few days - telling Christian she was pregnant. Part of her smiled, the first immediate thought bringing a warm smile to her face only to dim a moment later when she remembered that he may not react well.

As she exited the alley on the other side a car came to a stop in front of her. A basic, dark colored car with dark windows prevented her from being able to fully exit to the sidewalk. Out of nowhere, the passenger doors opened and two men stepped out. May's eye's widened, taking a few quick steps back as she placed her hand on her back hip and let her purse slide down. As if knowing she was going for a gun, the men both ran at her at the same time, each one grabbing an arm and dragging her back with them. She let out a scream that pierced the air and echoed down the alley, before being silenced.

*****Later that day:*****

1665522997472.pngThe room was dark and smelt stale. The only light she had was from a small ventilation window at ground level that got sun in the afternoon but not in the mornings. Two nights, two full nights, she had been here. On arrival the men had taken her to the basement and tossed her in unceremoniously and locked the door behind her. She had sat crying in the floor for a long time before the door above finally opened. Fear shot through her as she looked around and saw nothing in the room aside from a closed in toilet, a bed and a chair, a small table and other odds and ends. The light from above hurt her eyes, causing her to blink rapidly and squint as she rushed backwards into the darkness again, back hitting the wall.

A light flicked on above her head, hanging high above her on a single swinging cord. It burned her eyes, but she didn't need to see once she heard the man coming down the stairs speak. "I'm sorry I wasn't here to great you, Maeve, but I had to make sure I had some items I'm sure you're going to need in hand first." He threw a bag on the bed as she tried to look around but her eyes were slow to adjust. "Aren't you going to say hello? We're going to be together a long time, you might as well just accept it. Talking to me will make it less painful, I promise."

Josh was speaking with a sickening sweetness that belied the hate he felt underneath. It was like adding sugar to poison. May instantly began to cry, trying to put space between them but his hand reached out and snatched her by the hair, dragging her backwards. He lifted her up from the ground and onto the bed before he released her. "Did you think I wasn't serious? I guess now you'll believe me at my word. You should have just been nice to me." Josh looked at her, shaking his head. It was pathetic, the way she whimpered and scampered about like a filthy creature, but he'd train her to be the best servant.

As he advanced on May and she screamed, kicking out at him, hitting him in the chest. He knocked her foot away, back handing her before laughing as awareness came and went for her, blood running down her chin. "I owed you that one, bitch. Better get used to it, because until you do what I want, when I want, the way I want at any given time of day, you'll not be getting any lesser treatment."

Misty Gray Misty Gray - Christian Brooks
Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess - Alex King
Pyroclast Pyroclast - Billy King

The Paddy Pub
~Dublin, Ireland~
Samuel McKinsley

1665523027938.jpegThe morning had been a relatively slow one. Sam had wrapped up some work at the warehouses first thing, then went and seen Olivia at the gym. After a workout, he stopped by the front to say hello and spend a few minutes chatting with her. To be fair, he was coming to work out a lot more than normal now that he knew he could see her most days. He hadn't had a chance to talk to Thomas since he ran into him at Olivia's place, but he had the feeling that Thomas didn't want to see him and that made him gloomy to think about - so he didn't, as much as possible anyways. After he had spent the better part of an hour standing at the counter bullshitting with the beautiful blonde he asked her if she wanted to go out with him later that evening. When she agreed, he grinned a big doofy grin and got himself out the door. He had things to do.

His first stop was the local Halloween shop. He knew that fake flowers were not as cool as real flowers, but since Olivia liked horror he figured she might like non-traditional flowers, so he bought a bouquet of black roses that almost felt real, before also picking up some spider shaped chocolates. Afterwards, he went and found himself an outfit for the evening, cleaned the car, and hurried home to dress shower and change. By the time was all said and done, he was already headed out the door again. He drove slow, not wanting to show up extra early and surprise her or seem over eager.

When he pulled up outside, he took a deep breath to calm himself, before heading up to her door with the gifts hidden behind his back. At the door, he knocked, shifting from foot to foot before she answered. He gave her a crooked smile and handed her the gifts waiting for her reaction. She looked pleased with them as she put them inside before joining him back at the door. Like a proper gentleman (See Thomas, this is me respecting her) he opened the door for her on the car, allowing her slide in before closing it and heading to the driver's seat.

He took her to a local dinner for dinner - nothing super fancy, but it had a nice down to earth feel and was full of random things on the walls like old signs, random wood creations, pictures and more. It had good, local favorites and the best milkshakes, which he didn't have them get because of the alcohol they were going to be having later. He'd hate to make her sick because the milk and alcohol did not mix well. He loved spending time with her, it was easy, she was laid back and relaxed and any conversation they got on flowed without issues. She smiled and it would make him smile.

After dinner, he followed his same routine, helping her into the car before driving, parking just down the street by the family Pub. "I know you probably don't want to go to a family place, but it really is the best around. If you hate it though, I promise we can leave and go do something else." He held his hand out to her. Once she grabbed it, he grinned, giving her a quick pull that lifted her out of seat and straight into his chest. Ready, he caught her, holding her close for a moment as the desire to kiss her rose in his throat and he swallowed, shoving it back down. He was going to kiss her, but it would be right moment.

"Jeeze, I knew you wanted to dance, but let's get inside at least." He winked at her, releasing her and offering his arm to her. "Shall we enter and cause a scene? I'm sure your dad will be more than aware of me after this, suppose I should have thought about that but I'm not changing plans now," A light laugh filled his chest as they headed in, holding the door into the building and casting a quick glance around. For the moment, he didn't see anyone that red flagged in her mind and it seemed like a pretty mild night so far.

Misty Gray Misty Gray - Olivia Porter

~Dublin~
Leo Sullivan

44d45d5b0286d6ca57c09de2d7959637.jpg
When Leo was asked to help set up Adam's apartment for a proposal, Leo felt... Conflicted. While he himself held no ill-will towards the man, it was clear his father did. Leo didn't want the man to think he was choosing sides and that he's chosen Adam's. However, Leo stood by his belief that Adam truly did love and care about Blake. Otherwise, he thought, the man wouldn't be doing something so cheesy. Rose petals and candles didn't seem like the man's style, and yet here the three of them were littering the floor with them. He chuckled to himself at the thought as he looked up to watch Natasha give Collin instructions. "I think cleaning up is going to be the last thing on his mind, Nat," he said suggestively on his way to the living room. Natasha had trusted him with the candles, a lighter in his hand as he made sure they were away from anything flammable.

He could hear the conversation Natasha and Collin were having - the latter excited about the proposal. Yet as he listened to Natasha's response he could hear how she felt. He couldn't imagine not having his father in his life. Even when the man was locked up he did his best to be present and a good father. But Natasha and Collin didn't quite have that. Sure, Conor did his best to help as did Ali but it wasn't the same. He was in the middle of lighting yet another candle when she entered the room, joking about him being unsupervised. "That joke was so funny I nearly forgot to laugh," he teased, letting out a sarcastic chuckle. He added the candle to the rest of the already lit ones before turning to her. His arms wrapped around her shoulders as he hugged her close, placing a kiss on her head.

Natasha's concerns were more than valid. Though Adam was not and would never be a replacement for Jackson, it sure felt that way at times. Leo gently rubbed her back as she spoke, trailing off. There were no words to quite explain her feelings, Leo trying his best to be comforting. She pulled away from him and he scratched the back of his head, trying to find his words. "I mean... It's weird having another guy who isn't your father marrying your mom, I get it. I can't even see Ali with someone who isn't Conor. But, I think you'll come to appreciate it. He's not replacing Jackson, Nat, he's just...," he trailed off, trying to find the proper words to say, shrugging his shoulders. "Stepping in." Looking at her now he could tell this was going to be difficult. So when she changed the subject, he followed suit.

Only, the new topic of conversation was what he'd do to propose. His face turned red at the question, eyes growing wide and his eyebrows shooting up. "P-Proposing?" It wasn't like Leo hadn't thought of the sort of life he could have with Natasha. A house, kids, dogs. The whole works. But such a thing happening right now didn't seem like proper timing; after all, they had only just gotten back together. However, it was definitely something he would want to do in the future. However, now he was being put on the spot. Recovering himself, he cleared his throat and chuckled. "Well," he started, peeking around the corner for Collin. "For starters, we wouldn't have any clothes on, ya know? Me and you between the sheets and just when you're about to hit that sweet release I'll ask. And if you say no, well," he shrugged his shoulders, wide grin on his face as he crossed his arms. "We both know what happens."

Natasha ( Bellz Bellz )

Blake McCarthy
Sullivan Residence

~ Sutton, Dublin ~

jennifer-aniston-sleep-2-8249afa0856b492fbbba22b221b9e133.jpeg
Blake wasn't exactly thrilled to be going to the Sullivan house under the circumstances they were going to face. Adam told her what happened between Conor and him and she wasn't happy about it. But, she approached it from an understanding that she felt not many people could give. While Blake was irritated that Adam punched Conor, she could see why it had been done. Conor...hadn't exactly moved on as she did. And that's what worried Blake the most. While she appreciated the sentiment of him taking his promise to Jackson very seriously, Blake was afraid that he would use it to not focus on his own grief. Blake had been the same at one point in time, using the children as a crutch to now talk about how she felt over her husband's passing, focusing on how everyone else felt about it. At one point, Blake was focusing her attention on Conor and Syd simultaneously. She was worried about both of them, but she couldn't be bothered to worry about herself. She didn't think she deserved her own care for her well-being.

Delaying grief, not facing the music. It wasn't healthy. Blake had learned that the hard way many times. Jackson wouldn't want Conor to do the same. And although Blake had moved on, she still loved her late husband enough to make sure that Conor properly moved on too. At least, in the sense of knowing he didn't have to take care of her family anymore. She loved Conor and Ali enough to help him get through this as he had helped her for so many years, as they both had."I hope I don't have to tell you to be on your best behavior, love." Blake murmured as they started to walk towards Sullivan's front door. Giving Adam a look, she couldn't help the smirk that formed on her face. "The last thing Ali and I want to do is show you who is really in charge here." The tease was lighthearted though it didn't exactly match the mood she was in.

When they were at the door, Blake bit the inside of her cheek, her finger hesitating at the doorbell. While she had confidence that this would go well, there was a small little voice of doubt in her mind. Blake didn't want to lose Conor. She knew she wouldn't lose Adam, he would be by her side no matter what. Ali would also be there. But Conor...was the only man who knew Jackson just as well as Blake did. Losing him would be like losing another part of her late husband. The anxiety in her chest grew heavy but her finger finally pressed the doorbell. With a deep breath, Blake looped her arm through Adam's for support, needing it at that moment as she waited for the door to open. When it did, she was relieved to see Ali's smiling face first.

"Hello, my love." Blake said sweetly, kissing her best friend's cheek in return as they hugged. Blake let Ali greet Adam before they were allowed inside. Once the door shut, Blake moved to shrug off her coat. A laugh escaped her as Ali said she didn't think she'd ever get used to seeing Adam and her together. "You and everyone else!" She said before nodding her head as Ali thanked them for coming. "Well, I didn't give Adam much of choice. It was either this or staring down the end of a hissy fit me. Even though both of our men were incredibly stupid last week, he's smart enough to know better than to mess with me." Blake said, giving Adam a playful glare. "Conor in the observatory?" She asked, though she was already headed that way.

When she found the man, Blake's face broke out into a naturally easygoing smile. He didn't look thrilled by this meeting, but she was always happy to see him. "Hey stranger, don't you look excited to see me?" The woman said, moving to punch his arm lightly. "Don't I get a hug? I mean I know you're upset with Adam but don't let that transfer to me!"
with: Adam + Conor Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Ali Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

The Hospital
~Bethnal Green, London~

Jeremy Gray

192e4845910d8f4c74bb9697793e12f7fd40496f.gifv
Jeremy had gone to Harper's place after they talked to pick up some of her things. Alex and him had finished cleaning the apartment a few days before in silence with each other. Jeremy was still upset with Alex, but he was more upset with the situation as a whole. Thing's had calmed down, Bruce and himself on better ground even if they still needed some time to talk once this was all over. Jeremy knew the two of them would have to talk eventually - he was going to marry Harper one day, so Alex would just have to find a way to work through this together with him.

As he had left the hospital, he had seen him outside, giving him a brief nodding acknowledgement as their eyes met. As he neared the counter, he stopped and picked up the phone for public use and called Bruce. One by one, he cycled through the numbers to let them all know that Harper was awake. Everyone must have been busy getting ready for the big event tonight, but he left a few messages and headed out, making it to Harper's near empty apartment in no time. Like he'd been doing for the last few days, Jeremy packed another few boxes and carried them out. With the help of some hired civilian hands, he had moved most of the furniture to May's apartment the day before and now just had small things left to take.

After loading up the stuff he prepared this round, he drove the route to his house in silence, his mind once again thinking about everything at once. Without thinking, he lifted his thumb to his lips, his teeth already nibbling at the torn and sensitive skin. Wincing, he dropped it back from his mouth. He quickly unloaded, grabbed a shower and clean clothes, and headed again back to the hospital. As he drove and came across stop lights, he idly stared into the buildings around him when something shining in the last ray of light caught his attention. He wasn't sure what it was, but something about it drew him in.

A few moments later, he was walking inside a small antique store. The place smelled like a meadow, surprisingly. Flowers stationed around the room of purple and white gave their sent to the room. Wet grass on his feet added to it. In the front window was a jewelry display, most of the items in bad taste, even in his opinion. The one glittering was a silver heart, carved delicately by hand. A set of worn initials was scrawled across the bottom, unreadable now. It was like the jewelry called to him urging him to pick it up and take it with him. Deciding it would be a nice gift for Harper to celebrate their news, he took it up to the front and rang it up.

1665640193079.pngAs he left with a floral decorated box, he picked up a bouquet of flowers from the street vendor and made his way back to the hospital. When he first got back, he left the items in case Alex was still with her. After he left, Jeremy came back in, focusing on her as she had appeared weakened even more since he left. It had chased the thought of gifts from his mind. It wasn't until she fell back asleep that he slipped back outside and returned a few moments later with the flowers and box. He sat it down on her nightstand, taking a seat on the couch as he laid back, awkwardly long over the small couch, and closed his eyes. He had a half sleep nap as he let Harper rest, before both of them were awaken by a knock.

As Maddox entered, Jeremy looked him over with a scrutinous look. He was not a big believer in therapist, especially since the one's he had as a child were not affective in the least, but it was obvious they needed more help with his girlfriend than they thought, and this man was paid to do it. Holding out his hand, he offered it to Maddox with a tip of his head. Afterwards, he leaned down and kissed Harper on the forehead. He was still in a stoic mood, his face masked well as he pulled the chair up beside her and sat down. "Nice to meet ya, Doc."

Jeremy reached out and took Harper's hand, stroking it tenderly while he watched the scene carefully.

Misty Gray Misty Gray - Maddox
Bellz Bellz - Harper

Sullivan Pub
~Dublin, Ireland~
Michelle Romano

1665668063828.jpegThe last week had been full for her. The kids started school, she started her job, and she had already gotten her first check. It was only a few days, but she wanted to celebrate. The kids had already started making friends at school, and both had joined those friends for sleepovers - one for a footie game that was going on the next morning, the other just for the sake of being able to do her hair and nails and everything else girls did at sleepovers. Michelle was alone for the first time all week - between work, the kids, and her two gentlemen callers, she had been steadily staying active. Truth be told, she was kind of ready for a night away from it. Not to complain, but she hurt in places she wasn't aware was possible.

Part of her felt more than a little bad, she had started to crush on both men without the intention of it. Dermot had this air about him that just drew her in - something in the eyes, the depth of his voice made her skin vibrate with excitement. Marco reminded her of home, giving her a warm feeling deep inside. She recalled the dance they shared and how long it had been since someone had treated her that way, and could easily see herself spending an equal amount of time with him. As she examined herself in the mirror, she wondered if she should make a decision soon before it did become something more dramatic than she wanted to handle.

Michelle did one last check, admiring the fully opened back dress that snugged her hips and not much else. While her front was fully covered, the rest more than made up for it. A couple of long looping chains hung off her back, attacked to the dress at the shoulders. Her ears hung pretty dangling ear rings, a dark smokey make up look, and six inch stilletos graced her feet. Excited, she hurried down the stairs, calling Emory on the phone as she grabbed the rest of her items and purse. Letting her cousin know she was on her way to pick her up, Michelle tossed the phone on the hook and headed out.

Before she knew it they were in the pub, Michelle dragging Emory along with her to the bar. "Four shots of tequila, two pints, and whatever else this woman wants," She said, pointing her thumb at Emory. As the shots arrived, she shoved split it down the middle before holding up her shot to cheers. "To better days and better lays!" Michelle laughed, tipping both shots back one after the other. She may be a mom, but she had never been a single adult in her entire life - it was time to see what the rest of the world had been insisting she missed out on.

Misty Gray Misty Gray - Dermot/Emory
Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess - Marco

Maddox Parker

1665690944639.pngMaddox had been informed about Harper's attempted suicide the morning after she'd been admitted to hospital. Aware that she was being kept under induced sedation, he requested to be informed once she was awake and able to speak with him. Although he had seen Kerry over the last week and helped her overcome her own devastation at what Harper had done, he'd made a point of steering clear of Kerry's interpretations of why her friend had tried to kill herself. He would help Kerry on a personal level, but anything pertaining to Harper was to be kept confidential and he wanted to approach his patient with a clear, objective mind. From anyone who wasn't Harper, he only wished to hear facts.

Although it was a Saturday evening, Maddox hadn't hesitated in agreeing to attend the hospital when he received the call to advise Harper was awake. Cases like this one were urgent and fitted the purpose of his requirement to be on-call. After saying goodnight to the children and leaving Ani will an apologetic kiss, he left the house and headed straight to the hospital. Once there, he spent some time with the doctor, being updated on Harper's condition, which included being made aware of the young woman's pregnancy. Based on the notes he'd had shared with him, it became evident that the doctor was leaning towards Harper being sectioned, but he wasn't a mental health expert and as such did not have the final say. Maddox trusted his own judgement more than theirs on such a matter and so he intended to make his own mind up about where Harper should be. Making a decision to have a patient committed was his least favourite part of the job and so he wasn't going to go in direction unless he believed it was the best course of action. The fact Harper was pregnant certainly made matters more complicated.

After glancing over the to-be-completed checklist that was pinned to his clipboard, he tucked it under his arm and approached the room Harper was being kept in. After lightly knocking and hearing Harper call out for him to enter, he stepped into the room, carefully closing the door behind him and setting the clipboard down on the side for the time-being. When his patient greeted him, he smiled back at her and nodded his head. "It's good to see you, Harper," he replied to her. He then followed her focus so he could look to the man she was with. The young woman had spoke about Jeremy during their sessions and so he was aware Jeremy was her boyfriend. "Mr. Gray, it's nice to meet you and to put a face to the name," he greeted him, returning the man's handshake.

As Jeremy took a seat, Maddox retrieved his clipboard and took a seat at the opposite side of Harper's bed to where Jeremy had sat. Although he would have to complete the paperwork no matter the final decision, for now, he placed the clipboard down on the floor, not liking having it with him at all if he was being honest, but procedures had to be followed. For now, he was more interested in talking to Harper without the barrier of red tape. Thankfully, Harper was already aware and understood he was there to evaluate her, having been informed by Dr. Miller. "That's right," he confirmed. He glanced to Jeremy before looking back to Harper. "Before I start, can I confirm you are happy for Mr. Gray to remain present throughout? Some of the things we talk about will be personal to you, Harper," he informed her. Whilst he would treat everything as confidential, it was up to Harper and Jeremy who they shared things with outside of his assessment. In addition to assessing Harper's psychological state, he also needed to weigh up her support network and environment. Maddox was aware of the background she came from and the kind of lifestyle the Kings led, so he knew they were contributing factors to how she was feeling and would need to be considered when deciding if letting her return home would be the best decision for her recovery.

Regardless of Harper's answer as to whether her boyfriend could stay in the room, Maddox wanted to take some time to speak with her away from the distraction of paperwork and diagnostic checklists. He knew the method's she'd used to try take her own life and so the bandages around her wrists came as no surprise to him. Nor did they come as a shock, with him having dealt with such cases in the past. "How have you been feeling, physically, since waking up?" he asked, an encouraging smile briefly showing as he maintained an open and relaxed posture.

Bellz Bellz (Harper)
BasDorcha BasDorcha (Jeremy)

Harper King

tumblr_efdf47f8c4919756b13e1aaba38269a4_f2afbe39_1280.png
The tension in the air was evident. But she was sure the majority of it was coming from her. The sleep she had managed to get was fitful though she hadn't moved an inch from it. Thanks to her attempt, she was going to be reminded of it in her dreams for the unforeseeable future. Jeremy was nice enough to Dr. Parker, much to her relief. When he leaned down to kiss her forehead, she welcomed the contact, eyes closing for just a moment. When they opened, she turned to look at him as he pulled up a chair beside her, then noticed the flowers and a small box. Harper tilted her head curiously at the items, some semblance of a warm smile she used to dawn forming on her lips as she looked at Jeremy with one eyebrow raised.

He is way too good for you. The insecurity in her head would always remind her of that. Having to force that negativity out, she turned to Maddox, her hand wrapping around Jeremy's as he took it. The soft movements he made on her skin were enough to keep her leveled though she was feeling a bit terrified of what was to come. Dr. Parker asked if she was happy to have Jeremy remain present throughout the evaluation, stating that some of the things that would be talked about would be personal to her. Harper's shoulders tensed slightly, mostly because she didn't want to put Jeremy through any sort of additional trauma. She was sure they'd have to talk about the moments leading up to...

He deserved the truth, he deserved to know where she was during those final moments. Perhaps it would help to alleviate the blame he felt in his head. Or it could make things worse. A little voice in the back of her head prodded at her. "I want him here." She said, her voice strained as she tried to quiet the thoughts in her head. There was a beat of silence and Harper wished there wasn't. Looking down at her lap, she caught her bandaged wrists once again. The stitches itched underneath, feeling like her skin was being pulled apart. Harper swore she could see blood slowly soaking them, growing into a massive spot on the pure white fabric. Her jaw clenched, teeth grinding before she closed her eyes.

Dr. Parker asked how she had been feeling physically since she woke up. Harper's eyes opened in response, blinking a few times as the bandages were clean once more. Looking up at Maddox, Harper saw his smile but she couldn't force herself to smile back. Physically? It felt like she was in someone else's body. Like she had been an unwanted visitor who was now just taking up residence by force. She felt uncomfortable in her own skin. Harper couldn't look at Jeremy, not wanting to see his face as she admitted how she felt.

"Uh..like I'm not meant to be here right now. If that makes any sense." She started, clearing her throat a little bit. "It's like..." God was she going to sound crazy saying this? That's what she was, crazy. A few screws are loose. "It's like I'm just looking from the outside in, that none of my body is actually mine. My head feels like something is just wrapping around it so tightly, that it's...it's hard to feel like any of this is real." The blonde swallowed harshly, letting out a hollowed and broken laugh. "I know that sounds crazy, which is why I guess you are here, isn't it?" Harper's eyes looked to Maddox for a long moment before they went to Jeremy, wondering if he thought she was crazy too. Harper wouldn't blame anyone for thinking it. Her mind snapped and she was sure she was never going to be able to pick up all the broken pieces it left behind.
with: Misty Gray Misty Gray BasDorcha BasDorcha

The Sullivans Pub

Dermot Murphy and Emery Callahan

1665701376781.pngIt had finally happened last night. Dermot had spent an evening with Michelle that hadn't actually ended - or even started - with the two of them having sex. It had been a regular date where they could just talk and hang out. In honesty, Dermot wasn't sure what had gotten into him. Since his messy divorce with Melinda, he had avoided anything remotely leading to or resembling commitment. His separation from his ex-wife had been a breath of fresh air and like the shackles had been removed from around his wrists and ankles. Which then brought him onto the subject of his 19-year old daughter, Violet, who had caught sight of him on the said date last night and wasted no time in bringing it up when she came over to his house for lunch. Whilst she preferred living in Dublin rather than close to her mother in England, Violet still didn't miss an opportunity to call her father out on his failed marriage to her mother.

After a stressful week, Dermot was now glad to be out having drinks with Marco. The day after he'd had to step in between feuding Adam and Conor, Dermot had also learned about Savannah and Danny being attacked, with Callum getting snatched from them in the process. Since then, security had been beefed up and with Adam on some kind of unconfirmed strike, he hadn't been around to lead and coordinate the increased security measures. So, as he sat at the end of the bar with Marco, he was ready to knock back some drinks and switch off for an evening.

As they waited for the waitress to get their shots and pints, Dermot slouched on the bar stool as his friend playfully slapped his shoulder. When asked what he'd been up to, Dermot let out a laugh, a mischievous glint in his eye. "Well, since stopping the two meatheads from twattin' each other, work's been keeping me on my toes, as I'm sure it has you. I may have been letting off a little steam with a risky little beauty in between it all," he remarked, knowing Michelle being Conor's daughter was the risky part. "Violet's pissed about it though. After how shit went south the ex-wife, I don't think she wants me getting with any other women," he said, rolling his eyes. "How about you, my friend. What have you been getting up to. Go on, you can tell me..." he playfully teased.

*****​

1665701385866.pngEver since Savannah had been shot, Emery had been worrying about her sister. Thankfully, she'd returned home and was now recovering, Granted, her sister had barely spoke to her given how exhausted and upset she was about Callum. Apparently, suggesting storming into London and "fucking up the Kings" wasn't the answer - Sinead had made it more than clear that opinion was wrong and not to be repeated. So, after trying to get a normal conversation out of her sister, Emery had given up and returned to her own place. She'd planned to go out for drinks with Michelle and as the evening approached, she needed to get blind drunk more than ever.

Michelle had picked her up and the two cousins soon found themselves at the pub. When Michelle ordered the drinks and then let Emery order anything else she waned, she suddenly saw it as a drinking competition of sorts. "Ohh, we'll be ordering the same as each other all night," she told the bartender, ready to compete. After knocking back the shots, she nodded in agreement with Michelle's toast. "And to more days with more lays!" she added.

Having seen the two women enter the pub, Dermot couldn't help but smirk to himself as he recalled his times spent with Michelle. Turning back to Marco, he nudged his friend. "Now there's danger if I ever saw it. Either one is dangerous - but both together? That's a risk I'd love to take. What about you?" he suggestively asked, figuring Marco had seen Michelle and Emery enter the pub. "The Sullivan women are certainly blessed with good looks," he commented.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Marco)
BasDorcha BasDorcha (Michelle)

Sullivan Owned Pub
~Dublin~
Marco Jiminez

Marco had heard, through the channel of gossiping guards, that Conor and Adam had had a little bit of a disagreement. Over what he had no clue. But he did understand that the latter had over-stepped his boundaries when he struck the boss. "Eh, I feel as if Adam Harper is the only one who can get away with such transgressions, mm?" Marco shook his head looking at his drink. "Although, he may want to tread carefully. I don't believe jefe to be a man who lets such things go too easily." Dermot when on to explain the risque behavior he'd been getting into as of late - a grin forming on Marco's face. Now their conversation was getting interesting! Marco listened with unwavering interest and when Dermot brought up his daughter, Marco nodded. "Ah, bebita being a bit of a cock-block," he joked, shaking his head. "I would mention karma but you've heard me the lecture about it enough, he continued to tease. "Ah, but you be careful with whatever risk you've been taking," he said, aware of the hypocrisy of his words. "Women have a lovely little way of getting us in trouble."

Marco couldn't help a similar grin from creasing his lips when asked about his own leisure activities. Immediately he thought of Michelle and their lovely little night; or rather, nights. After taking a swing of his drink and sliding a toothpick into his mouth Marco shrugged. "I've been... Finding my own ways of letting off steam. Dublin is full of eh... Relaxing, entertainment." He chuckled to himself as more lewd thoughts of Michelle appeared in the forefront of his mind. He sat there for a moment replaying some of those moments The moment his eyes caught sight of both Emery and Michelle walking into the bar, however, that grin on his face grew. In an attempt to hide it he looked down at his lap and shook his head. What impeccable timing, he thought, for the woman he'd been thinking and talking about just then to appear. And with yet another attractive member of the Sullivan household, no less. Dermot nudged him, causing Marco to wipe the grin from his face and instead replace it with a slight smirk of his own. He directed his attention back to Michelle and Emery, asking which of the Sullivan women he'd prefer.

"Ooouu," Marco started, placing a hand over his chest. "That's a difficult one. Emery is a pequeña pelirroja ardiente," he said, nodding his head before turning to Dermot. "And I like spicy so," he then turned his attention to the two women once more nodding his head. It was difficult to talk about Michelle as if he hadn't already slept with her, but Marco was going to do his best. "However, Michelle. She's... The opposite, I feel. Like she needs a break from pretending to be so dominante all the time." Marco paused for a moment, clearly trying to decide when he chuckled. "Both. I like a little danger and they both offer such." As Dermot commented on how the Sullivan women were all very attractive Marco couldn't help but rap his knuckles against the bar top in agreement. "The luck of the Irish, hermano! Now, should we approach as gentlemen or see how bold they'd be to approach us instead is the question."

*Translation: Fiery little redhead*
Dermot, Emery ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )
Michelle ( BasDorcha BasDorcha )

Maddox Parker

1665690944639-png.1030576
Maddox noticed the way Harper took Jeremy's hand, no doubt to take extra comfort from her boyfriend's presence. It was clear to see the two of them were close and that she trusted Jeremy enough to seek out his reassurance. It didn't escape his attention that Harper had tensed upon being asked if she was happy for her boyfriend to remain in the room, but she soon seemed to come to a decision. He nodded when she said she wanted Jeremy to stay. "Of course, that's perfectly fine," he assured her.

Maddox subtly observed as Harper fell silent. He noticed her looked down towards her bandaged wrists. Though the dressing was clean and the stitched up wounds were out of sight, the young woman was looking to her wrists as if there was something she could see that set her on edge. It could simply be the thoughts about what she had done to herself, or it could be something more concerning. For now, Maddox would keep it in mind but had to reserve judgement on his observation. The clenched jaw and closing of eyes certainly made it clear something was making her anxious.

The therapist listened as Harper answered his question. She told him how she didn't feel like her body was hers, that she wasn't meant to be where she was in that moment. It sounded very much like she was experiencing some form of depersonalisation disorder, which seemed likely a symptom of depression if not something more. Given her use of drugs and attempted suicide, there were many factors that could now be causing the depersonalisation to manifest. "I'm here to talk with you and determine how we can best help you recover, to help you feel better in yourself again," he reassured her. "Harper, you've been through a great deal of trauma and pain. The mind is an amazing and complex structure, but just like the body, it can buckle and become unsteady after repeated or persistent pressure. From our previous conversations and your personal history, I'm aware of the pressures you have been facing."

Maddox took a moment for Harper to reflect. He looked to Jeremy, checking the man was still on board and that Harper could continue to take comfort from him before to pressed forward with more sensitive questions. "In order for me to best approach how we can help you recover, I need to ask you some questions about what you remember from the time leading up to your attempted suicide. I understand this may be quite upsetting, but it's important I hear about what happened from you," he gently told her. He would then proceed to ask her a series of questions, giving her time to answer each before moving on to the next. "How long had you been thinking about attempting suicide before last week - was it the first time you tried?" he first asked. "It okay if you don't have an answer, but why do you think you went through with it when you did?" he asked, glancing to Jeremy to see how the man was taking Harper's responses. "When you took the pills and injured yourself, do you recall what you were thinking and how you were feeling in those moments?" he asked. Although the questions were direct, he had to know how Harper had been feeling and how much of that evening she remembered. Given the disassociation she seemed to be experiencing, he wanted to know how much she was willing and able to acknowledge.

Bellz Bellz (Harper)

Roxie Carriveau
Callahan Residence

~ Sutton, Dublin ~

be62e4d2976914d918a70d405957b2d6.jpeg
Nearing the end of her pregnancy, with only 3 weeks until her due date, Roxie was advised to take it easy. She was listening right up until the point that Savvy and Danny had been flown home. While she had been intent on visiting her friend, she also wanted to make sure to respect Callahan's space. Sinead had been very informative, filling Roxie in on Savannah whenever something changed. Callum being taken had caused such a disturbance in everyone's lives and Roxie wished she could do something to help. But again, she was scolded by her doctors that she needed to keep her blood pressure down, as her high blood pressure had been to blame for the twin's premature birth.

It was becoming increasingly hard to manage it, despite doing her best. Syd and the kids had been helping her constantly as well as Reina whom she fussed over helping her. Roxie hired her to be a bodyguard and that was what she wanted her to do, not help her waddle down the damn stairs, she was sure it had to feel demeaning somewhat.

Having arrived at the house, when Sinead opened the door the first thing Roxie did was throw her arms around the elder woman. Sinead looked frazzled as she offered Roxie a drink. "Water is just fine, thank you Sin." Once that was taken care of, the woman even handed her a tray of snacks and cakes. Sinead continued to tell her that her best friend wasn't eating, which made Roxie heartache. She knew what that was like. Roxie was nervous when they made their way up to the spare room Savvy was staying in. She wasn't sure what shape she'd see Savvy in but whatever it was, she was sure her heart would break.

When Sinead opened the door and told Savvy that someone was there to see her, she opened the door wider for Roxie to step inside, "Hey you." Roxie said, a lump forming in her throat as she tried to smile brightly. Savvy looked so hollow, the light that had once exuded from her dimmed. When the door shut, Savvy patted the empty space to her right on the bed and Roxie moved to sit with her. Setting the tray on the bedside table beside her, she shuffled a bit awkwardly onto the bed due to her size. Once settled, Roxie looked at her friend, not saying anything as she observed her face.

The moment she did, Savvy's face changed from the hollow look she'd seen moments ago to complete anguish. Roxie's arm immediately wrapped around her shoulder's pulling her in for a hug. "It's not, love. It's not. I'm so, so sorry, Sav." The brunette's heart felt so tight in her chest, her voice breaking as she tried to hold herself together for Savvy. She could see the blonde try to compose herself but Roxie didn't want her to worry about that. "Just let it out, Sav. You don't need to hide any of this from me." Roxie encouraged her.

Hearing her friend let out all of how she was feeling was a good sign. "Breathe." Roxie said, taking in a deep breath as she heard Savannah take a painfully shallow and strained one. "I know it hurts, trust me I know." Roxie had been in a similar yet painfully different scenario months ago. The pain she felt would always remain with her. Even if her heart was moving on. This was different, of course. Roxie wouldn't be able to handle anything if her children went missing or were hurt. As a mother, Roxie could sympathize with that greatly.

When Savannah said she'd rather be dead than have to keep living the way she was right now, Roxie froze slightly. She knew what that was like too. Drawing in a shaky breath, the brunette steadied herself as she rubbed her friend's back soothingly. "I know it feels like that, I know how bad your heart hurts. But you don't want to die, not with Callum still out there. He needs his mommy alive. We need you alive, Savvy." Roxie's lower lip trembled but she bit down on it to remain in some emotional control.

"We'll find him. It's going to be okay. I know it doesn't seem like it now but it will be. I'm just so sorry you have to go through this. Like this. But your baby boy is out there and we'll find him."
with: Savvy WHO IS NOT ALLOWED TO DIE Misty Gray Misty Gray

Natasha McCarthy

~ Dublin ~

32d3816a1415f7e55680272bc1ab1ff7.jpeg
Natasha knew that while she was so accepting of Adam and her mother being together, it was going to take some time with this new milestone they were headed into. She also knew that Leo was right, that Adam wasn't going to replace her father...just step in. But even stepping in, Natasha was going to find it difficult to get over at first. She had made it this far, so what's a little more to go? Her uneasiness was simply washed away the minute Leo gave her a deer-in-headlights look at her question. A giggle escaped her, pausing in helping with the candles now as she looked at him openly. "Oh if I only had a camera!" Natasha said, all smiles. Of course, she was expecting him to know what he would do right then and there. But...things between them seemed serious enough to just talk about the idea casually.

Nat watched as Leo recovered, clearing his throat and shifting before laughing himself. She raised one eyebrow at him as he peeked around the corner. Looking for Collin, she determined. But why? When Leo continued on, saying that they wouldn't have any clothes on, the blonde immediately rolled her eyes and scoffed. Moving back to light a few more candles, Natasha listened with interest, though she pretended to be completely disinterested as she busied herself. When he finished speaking, Nat looked back at him. "Sweet release, hmm? What makes you so sure I'll even hit that." Natasha said with a surprising attitude and confidence in her voice. She wasn't one to burst people's bubbles, but Leo wasn't just a person in her life. He brought out the playfully sassy personality in her.

Turning away from one of the candles she lit, Natasha walked towards him slowly. Her eyes scanned him from the top of his head to the tip of his toes through her lashes before her hands grabbed his biceps. "Theoretically, if I were to say no and I didn't know what was to happen. Would you...be able to show me? After all, I'm not very well versed in that kind of stuff. My poor innocent brain doesn't have the dirty capacity yours does." She pouted lightly before playfully punching his left arm a little harshly. "And as romantic as that does sound, I think you're gonna have to do a little better than that in order to get me to say yes." Nat laughed, "But don't try to tell me, I like surprises."
with: Leo Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

Harper King

tumblr_efdf47f8c4919756b13e1aaba38269a4_f2afbe39_1280 (1).png
While Dr. Parker's words were well intended, being reminded of just how much she'd been through was a blow she hadn't been expecting. But in the blow, was the reminder of just how validated her feelings were. Not that she needed any validation...or at least that's what she was trying to tell herself. Any reassurance from herself was getting muddled inside of her head, which was still trying to work out if she was meant to be here. It was hard to feel like what she'd been through was personal when she didn't feel like she was even in her own body. It was like she was looking at the trauma and pain through an outsider's lens. But at the same time, she felt it all. Every little bit of it. It was giving her a headache.

Harper knew what questions would be coming next but when Dr. Parker asked them, she still flinched somewhat. Her hand in Jeremy's squeezed it just a little tighter, having to remind herself that he was there. "A-alright." She answered, her voice sounding strained. Some of what she couldn't remember was slowly coming back to her but she had been content with just never speaking of it. Maddox was here to help her, even if the questions hurt and the answers hurt Jeremy who was sitting next to her. Holding it in wasn't going to help her, but god did she want to just lock those memories away and never let them out.

First, he asked how long she'd been thinking about attempting suicide before last week and if that was the first time she'd tried. There had been many times in her life when she had been thinking about killing herself. To some degree, she felt some sort of imposter syndrome. Like she had no reason to feel that way or be depressed. Her upbringing had been at least on the surface, a happy one. Some would tell her she was extremely lucky to have the family she did. Which is why she'd keep it to herself. "Before last week? I mean...it's been something I've passively thought about for a long time. As long as I can remember, actually." Harper's eyes glanced at Jeremy, wondering what he was thinking before they turned to look down at her arms again. "But I never acted on it. I always had my family to remind me of what I'd miss." Her hand squeezed Jeremy's a little tighter, just to remind him silently he was a part of that.

Dr. Parker then asked why she thought she'd gone through with it this time. It was okay if she didn't have an answer, but she knew why. She was silent for the moment, however, her head still hanging as Dr. Parker went on to ask her if she recalled anything that she was thinking and how she felt in those moments that she'd taken the pills and hurt herself. Anxiety threatened to close off her airways but the feeling was dulled almost instantly as her brain scrambled to protect her. The feeling of not being connected to her own body intensified as she opened her mouth to speak. "I...I do remember." She clarified, clearing her throat. "I had just ruined a perfectly good meal at my Uncle's one that I know Darcey had slaved over." Harper's voice was raspy as if she were crying though no tears escaped her, unable to feel anything at that moment to cry or formulate her emotions in her head.

"I saw...the pain in everyone's eyes. The distress. I felt it. Like this giant boot crushing my chest, pressing further and further. I was angry, so angry, and ashamed. But I couldn't shut up, I wanted to burn all the bridges, every relationship I had I wanted to just hurt it." Swallowing harshly, the blonde's hands shook though she couldn't feel it at that moment. "After that, I felt...emptiness, nothing. I had hurt so many people that I loved that I just felt...alone." She clenched her jaw, taking a deep breath before continuing on.

"I just remember getting back to the apartment and it was so quiet. That feeling, the emptiness the feeling I was alone. It was just endless." Harper knew she had a support system, people to who she could turn. Jeremy had been with her since the bombing, right there to talk to her if she needed it. But even knowing that, her mind convinced her that she was truly alone. "I think...I went through with it, because of that feeling or rather, lack of feeling. I chased to feel something. Absolutely anything. Be it pain or otherwise. I just needed to feel." Biting her bottom lip, she felt the familiar stinging sensation of biting too hard and it brought her relief. "But I don't remember how I went about it. I just remember feeling that emptiness leaving my Uncles. And when I walked into the apartment. The intensity of it. How I got there, or how I did it...it's like my head blocked it out."
with: Maddox Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Jeremy BasDorcha BasDorcha

The Hospital
~Bethnal Green, London~
Jeremy Gray

192e4845910d8f4c74bb9697793e12f7fd40496f.gif
Jeremy knew that what was coming was going to be hard. He made a mental note to himself that he needed to remember whatever happened now was not about him, but about Harper getting what she needed in order to heal up. Almost unconsciously, he set his mind to work mode, though the hand holding Harper's never let go, and just casually kept stroking her palm as a reminder that he was still there. The look on her face when she noticed the gifts gave him even more hope that things were capable of being fixed, for her, for them, for the family. She was still in there, he just… he had to wait. He wanted to help her, to do whatever he could to bring her out, but at the end of the day there were things out of his control even if he didn't want to admit it.

Even though he didn't watch her directly, he kept her in his peripheral vision, mentally noting and watching each reaction, each moment of panic, and giving her hand an extra squeeze, or touch, or played with her fingers, anything to keep her remembering that he was beside her no matter what. It wasn't easy to hear the conversation, and had he been a weaker man, he may have cried for Harper to hear how she was feeling. Part of him felt like a disappointment, like he had failed her but he couldn't afford to let himself get in that mind state at the moment. Jeremy had taken several classes over psychology and advanced psychology in school and knew enough to understand that he wasn't anything any of them could do if there was a mental disorder that was forcing her.

If the questions broke his heart, the answers were slowly killing him. His grip on her hand tightening, but he was careful not to tighten so hard it would hurt her. Instead it became a game of squeeze and release, her going first, then him, then the reverse. He listened intently the entire time the two of them talked, knowing it was not his time or place to speak, regardless of what he knew that she may or may not have already discussed with Maddox. While Maddox was here to do a job, Harper was his only priority, and he wasn't going to help the man decide it was time to admit her to the ward. If he could, he'd be keeping her with him, twenty-four-seven.

Still… he just wanted to do what he could for her. He knew he hadn't reacted the best when she first woke up, but he had been dreaming about his mother turned Harper again, the same dream he'd been having every time he closed his eyes for the past week and it had messed up his mind. Since she ended up back here, he was struggling to stay positive, stay strong, and not break down and just join Harper in the next bed over. He was having to come to terms with the fact that he might not have been able to stop this no matter what he did, as well as being proven wrong that love could in fact simply be enough. Maybe it was for him, he knew loving Harper was the only thing he needed, but maybe she needed more and he knew he needed to understand that.

Sullivan Pub
~Dublin, Ireland~
Michelle Romano
1665906073941.jpegMichelle laughed when Emery decided to order the same as her the rest of the night. Looks like the girl were going to need a driver home when this was done. Looking around, she nearly snorted tequila out of her nose as she saw Dermot and Marco sitting together and her face turned vibrant red. They knew each other? Of course they fucking knew each other, they both worked for her father at the very least. Why hadn't she thought of that. She was going to need more liquor if they were going to make it out of this without her embarrassing the shit out of herself. Turning to Emory, Michelle intentionally placed her back to the men to prevent them from reading her lips. She wasn't sure if either of them could read lips but based on how highly they were in the Sullivan system, they had to be pretty good at things in general.

"Uh… So, funny story Em, I'm going to need you to help me out with a problem…" Michelle waved down the bartender, ordering four more tequila shots, and told them man that every time he saw them empty she wanted it reupped - and of course no one was going to tell the bosses daughter no. She could dance naked on a table and they wouldn't do a thing about it - at least not the workers. Two certain men might. Blushing deeply, but not seeming the least bit remorseful, Michelle pulled Emery in conspiratorially.

"I know you know the two guys behind me as you've been around where as I haven't. In any case, seems I've made an error in judgement… or opened up the possibility of having some fun, which one I'm not sure. See, I maybe kinda have been seeing ambos hombres guapos. Yes yes, maybe more than just seeing. I uh…" She shifted awkwardly, glad the second round of shots had arrived. "Well, I don't know this is going to go. At the very least, we're due for some entertainment tonight." She winked at Emery, grabbing up the new round of drinks, nodding her head towards the guys. "Let's go say hello." A devilish grin graced her lips, and trouble danced in her eyes.

Keeping Emery close the two made their way over before Michelle came right up to the table, setting down the four shots and handing them out. "Hello boys, you have just become out entertainment for the night. Bottoms up, I believe I have a point to prove. Emery here thinks she can out drink me. I think she's going to be surprised. You guys can be the judges, unless you can't keep up that is." She gave them both a smile, and for a moment, she had the fleeting thought of what it would be like if they would just be okay with her seeing both of them, no jealousy - after all, both had made it clear they weren't looking for relationships, and while she had grown a crush on both of them, she wasn't going to fool herself that they might want more. Not yet, at least.

Misty Gray Misty Gray Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Bellz Bellz

The Sullivan Family Home
~ Sutton, Dublin ~

Conor Sullivan and Adam Harper

giphy (1).gifWhilst Conor did secretly acknowledge that he shouldn't have let things escalate with Adam, he was too stubborn to back down and admit his fault in the fight. They'd each exchanged words, trying to press each others' buttons, but in the end, Conor knew he'd instigated the physical fight the moment he pushed Adam backwards in an confrontational manner. But when it came to it, the guy shouldn't have questioned his cognitive functions following the Kings hospitalising him, nor should Adam have lost it enough to punch him first. Again, though, even that was Conor not admitting to the real cause - his concerns over Adam's relationship with Blake.

Aliana had arranged for Adam and Blake to come over for drinks, clearly a ploy to get the two men to resolve their issues. Conor wasn't sure it was going to work, knowing Adam was strong-willed and cocky enough to not apologise. Funnily enough, that was more like himself than Adam. Conor had made a number of comments to Aliana about the planned evening being a waste of time. As they finished getting ready, Aliana reminded him of how people didn't like having their lives dictated to them. "Yeah, but look what happens when I sit back and don't intervene? Now the Kings have Callum, and Savvy won't get the kid back doing things the soft, passive way." He tightened his jaw at the thought. Even his later offer to try speak with Bruce and Alex on a peaceful level had been shot down by his niece, who clearly didn't trust Conor to do things the right way.

Conor sat back on his bed, having not made as much effort to get dressed up as Aliana was doing. It was just drinks in the house that would no doubt be over pretty quickly, so it would be a waste of smart clothes. "When he apologises, then I'll consider making up with him," he informed her. When his wife approached him, he prepared for more lecturing. In exasperation, she asked him to at least try, following up by saying she'd withhold sex if he didn't. "Hey now, let's not be so hasty. I'll try, alright?"

*****​

1665924256131.pngAdam had refused to do any work for the mob in the last week, sticking to running his gym and spending time with Blake. Whilst he missed his work, he wasn't about to crawl to Conor and drop things without the mob boss admitting he was out of order. Part of him wondered if it was the fact he was in a relationship with Blake that had stopped him from facing any repercussions since punching Conor, but he liked to think it was more the fact the boss knew he was in the wrong and was still capable of being reasonable. Regardless, Adam didn't regret punching Conor and would do it again if he had to, even if it was extremely dangerous to punch a man like Conor Sullivan.

Aliana and Blake had agreed to drinks, where both men would also be in attendance. Adam knew what the women were doing and it was because he was a reasonable man, who loved Blake, that he didn't resist. He would try hard to make the evening as smooth for the women as possible, but without sacrificing his own principals and backing down if he were in the right. "For you, I'll be a good lad," he assured Blake as they walked towards the house. He'd dressed smartly, but in reality the effort wasn't so much for drinks at the Sullivans, more for what he had planned for Blake afterwards. "You can be in charge any time you like," he flirted, leaning in to kiss Blake on the lips before pulling away to let her press the doorbell. "Let's not spend too long here, though. I want you all to myself for some of the evening," he casually told her, underplaying how important it was to have some alone time with her later.

When Aliana opened the door, Adam flashed a broad smile at the woman, but remained where he was standing so Blake could hug her friend. Once invited inside, Adam stepped in placing his hand on Aliana's should for a moment as he thanked her for having them over. Blake had already started making her way to the observatory before Aliana and Adam could walk with her, but he didn't rush to catch up, figuring she could have a few seconds alone with Conor.

Conor, who had remained seated and trying to get his grumpy faces out of his system, sat up straight when he saw Blake enter the observatory. He warmly smiled at her, even after she lightly punched his arm. Standing up, he nodded when she questioned if she would get a hug. He indeed went on to embrace her, holding her a little longer to make sure she knew his beef wasn't with her at all. "I'm not upset with you in the slightest, love," he assured her.

Conor pulled away when Aliana and Adam joined them, sitting back down in his seat before acknowledging the other man. "Evening," he greeted him with a single nod.

"Evening, Conor." Adam replied. Turning to Blake, he offered her a seat before he sat down beside her. "What's for drinks, Ali?" he asked, flashing her a charming smile. Sitting back in his seat, he rested one arm around Blake's shoulder whilst relaxing back. A silence filled the room as neither he nor Conor exchanged further words. Adam was perfectly comfortable with the silence, figuring something resembling an apology or olive branch from Conor might help break the ice.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Aliana)
Bellz Bellz (Blake)

Last edited:

Maddox Parker

1665690944639-png.1030576
Harper explained how she'd passively thought about committing suicide for as long as she could remember, but it had been only passive, with no progression towards actually attempting to carry it out. She explained how she'd always had her family to deter her from it. "Your family had stopped you from acting on the thoughts in the past. What had changed to stop the thought of missing them preventing you from trying this time?"

Maddox could see how anxious she became as she recalled the events leading up to her suicide attempt. He sat forward, his face encouraging and reassuring. "It's okay, you don't need to rush. Take deep, controlled breaths. You're safe here," his soothing, but firm voice told her. When Harper spoke, she explained how she'd believe she'd ruined a meal at the uncle's house. Her voice reflected how upset she was at the thought. It was clear to Maddox that she felt she'd angered and had upset her family. Harper explained how she'd wanted to destroy the relationships she had with those closest to her. The fact she'd mentioned her family had been the ones who had stopped her from attempting suicide in the past naturally concerned him that the support network he'd relied on to help her recovery at home may not be as stable as it once was perceived to be. If Harper felt like she'd hurt her family and her family were upset, desperate to make sure they wouldn't lose her again, how effective could they really be? It was important for her loved ones to be there to comfort and reassure her, but they also needed to be objective and willing to go against what she wanted if it was in her best interests. Maddox wasn't yet convinced her family could offer the immediate help Harper needed to fully recover, with this early stage of intervention being extremely crucial.

Maddox remained silent as Harper explained how she thought she'd gone through with it because of her lack of feeling, that she needed to feel anything, even pain. He'd heard similar from patients in the past and in every one of them. He believed it was understandable and genuine to feel that way given everything she'd been through, along with the psychological difficulties she was clearly facing. "Thank you for being open with me, Harper," he gently told her. "You said you felt empty and alone. That you'd hurt the people you loved. How do you feel about that now?" It was important for Maddox to address the immediate future in his decision; to put some focus on the best course of action to prevent Harper from trying to commit suicide again. He glanced to Jeremy, hoping the man's presence wouldn't influence the answers to his next questions. "Which people do you feel closest to now, Harper? Are there people around you who you feel you can turn to with anything? It's important I know if there are people you consider a part of your support network," he explained.

Bellz Bellz (Harper)

The Back Alley Pub
~London~
Phil and Abel Stewart

1665937714937.jpegIt had been a few days since the run in with Trevor at the rest home and Phil couldn't stop thinking about the conversation he had with his brother. He hadn't taken a lot of time before then to consider if his brother was genuine in his attempt to be a better person, assuming it was all a sham and that he was after something but after their last conversation he had been beginning to think maybe he was wrong - something he didn't like admitting often but wasn't afraid to when it did happen. After he had left, he had completely forgotten it at that time thanks to the tender administrations of his beautiful wife and their night alone. It had been way to long since they had a night alone and it was just what they needed.

As for tonight, Abel had asked if he would go with him to a some bar he'd never heard and see a band that sounded like Tom Petty with a touch of Eric Clapton. Being that it was a new town and his son hadn't yet made a lot of friends, he agreed. Even if his son had a lot of friends, he still would have gone - he knew before long that Abel would ask him to be around less and less as he became more and more of his own man. Once they had arrived him and his son found a seat with a clear view to the band as they sound tested the stage and people milled about.

1665937764020.jpeg"Dad, thanks for coming with me, I think you're going to like this band, they do a lot of cover song of bands we like, without all the drama of a large crowd and giant show. Plus, I can't remember the last time we went out together and did something." Abel was all boyish grins and plenty of girls around the place were already looking at him. Phil suddenly realized Abel had brought him so he wouldn't look like a creepy loaner while he tried to find himself a date. Phil narrowed his eyes teasingly at this son.

"I don't suppose that you bringing your old man had anything to do with the birds about? Not wanting to look creepy and alone, aye?" Phil playfully jabbed his son with his elbow, who had the decency to at least look ashamed.

"I mean, it doesn't hurt. I really did want to spend some time with you though, the move to London kept you busy and away for a while, so you know, it's nice to spend some time together." He smiled at his father, reaching out to squeeze the man's arm. Phil patted his son's hand before grabbing a waitress walking by. "I'll just take a soda, luv, and the boy will take-"

"Bourbon, on the rocks please." Phil rolled his eyes. Abel was not the big drinker, but here he was sounding like a professional. His cheeks turned a pale pink, grinning at the pretty girl who smiled at him and went off to take their order.

Misty Gray Misty Gray - Trevor

The Sullivans Pub

Dermot Murphy and Emery Callahan

1665701376781-png.1030631
Dermot had nodded in agreement when Marco said Adam may be the only one who could get away with hitting Conor. Regardless of whether Dermot believed he could give his boss a fair run for his money in a fight, Conor was one man he would never challenge - he was smart enough to know that wouldn't work out well for himself. Sleeping with Michelle was enough of a risk for him and the consequences of her father finding out was something Dermot was prepared to remain ignorant about for now. He'd worry about it later. "You're right. I'm hoping Adam will just back down on this... and come back to work. Shit's getting busier right now and I need him back here to tell us what to do," he half-joked. Adam was his superior and without him, things didn't feel quite so organised.

"Violet's still blaming me for the divorce. Granted, I was the one who had two affairs and cheated on Melinda. But the woman was intolerable. If she was so perfect, the kids wouldn't have chosen to come live with me after suffering alone with their mother!" he remarked. Regardless of who was at fault, his kids were grown up and needed to stay out of his life when it came to the women he chose to spend his time with now. "Women do get us into trouble," he agreed, with a mischievous smile. "And that's what makes it so much fun."

Dermot grinned at Marco as he admitted to finding ways to letting off steam himself. Judging by the man's chuckle, Dermot had some idea of what he was getting at. "Well, whatever your relaxing entertainment is - I have no doubt they're worth it, judging by your face right now," he teased.

Marco deliberated over the choice of Emery and Michelle, before he eventually decided on both of them. "Good choice. I wouldn't kick either of them out of bed," he remarked. Granted, he'd already slept with Michelle on a number of occasions, but directing his attraction onto both of them was a good way to keep away any suspicion. Besides, Emery was hot too and he really wouldn't say no to her if she came onto him. When asked if they should approach the ladies or wait for them to come, Dermot lightly shrugged. "These are modern times, my friend. Let them come to us," he decided.

*****​

1665701385866-png.1030632
Emery was curious as Michelle had them turn their backs to the two Sullivan employees. "You want me to help you with a problem? Hmmm, I'm usually helping to create them, but try me..." she drily remarked. She watched on as four more shots were ordered by her cousin. "Just because you've inherited your Da's alcohol tolerance levels, I'll have you know I've been known to give even Uncle Boozy a run for his money myself," she joked.

As Michelle started talking about the nearby men, Emery nodded along. "Yeah, Dermot and Marco. I know the hotties," she remarked, picking up on the vibe that her cousin was attracted to at least one of them. Michelle confirmed she'd been seeing them both, prompting a devious laugh from Emery. "Well, way to go you. I fail to understand how that's a problem," she commented, seeing no issue with the revelation. "Is the problem you want them both together? Because I get the feeling they'd only be into a threesome with two women," she observed. She was aware one of them was certainly into having multiple relationships, even whilst he had been married. "Look. If you're wanting me to break any awkwardness, I'll do my best. I'm sure I can cause some controversy or fun to mask your own controversial situation."

Emery walked with Michelle to join the two men in question. "Shouldn't you lazy bastards be working?" Emery playfully greeted the two men. When Michelle told them about their unofficial drinking competition, Emery nodded her head. "She's relying on having inherited Conor's alcoholism. I'm counting on experience," she informed them.

"Oh, I don't think I could keep up with either of you ladies - I'm no match for the Sullivan gene when it comes to drinking," Dermot teased. "Besides, it sounds like someone's going to have to be sober enough to look after you two ladies by the end of the night." On his last words, he made a point of looking Michelle in the eyes, his gaze lingering for a time. "So... What brings both of you ladies out together? I'm pretty sure the world isn't prepared for the chaos of having you both in one place." Dermot looked to Marco, sending the man a knowing look. He wouldn't say no to having both of them in one place if it was back at his place.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Marco)
BasDorcha BasDorcha (Michelle)

Sullivan Family Home
~Dublin~
Aliana Sullivan
4d784f26ce26e79c12ed39004821911a5eba307a.jpg

Ali nodded her head in both understanding and agreeance at Blake's words. "Oh, you and me both, love. Had to pull the no-sex card on him," she softly said, winking at her. When asked about Conor's location she just nodded and pointed down the hall, though she knew Blake had already known her way around. As Blake quickly disappeared down the hall Ali took the few moments she had alone with Adam to speak in private. "Hey, um. We don't get to chat much as of late," she started, gesturing between the two of them with a smile. "But thanks. For taking care of Blake, I mean. I don't think I need to tell you how hard things have been for her but knowing that she's got someone like you in her corner makes me feel better." Blake had been a big part of who Aliana had become when she first lived in Dublin, securing her a place in her heart forever. Making sure that the woman was fully taken care of would always be something Aliana wanted to make sure of.

The two of them then joined their significant others in the observatory - Ali momentarily stopping by the kitchen to grab a tray holding glasses, liquors, and different mixers. She'd heard both Conor and Adam addressing each other - cordially, of course - which seemed like a good enough start. Setting the tray next to the charcuterie board she took her seat next to Conor and directly across from Blake. She figured Adam and Conor facing each other would be a lot better considering the nature of their little get-together. As Ali took her seat next to her husband, she gave his shoulder a reassuring rub as if trying to calm any nerves or anger that may be secretly starting to stir up inside of him. When Adam asked what was for drinks she smiled over at him. "Oh, a lot! But first," she said, bringing their attention to the four, small glass sitting atop a wooden board. They were all different shades of brown and Ali started with the lightest to begin explaining.

"So the other day, right, I was approached by a vendor who handles all of our alcohol distros and he asked if I was willing to try some new whiskeys for a client and who the hell am I to turn down free liquor, right? So I said yes and he gave me the bottles but I decided to share with the people I love most because I'm obviously a saint," she joked with a smile. "So from left to right, Irish whiskey - obviously -, bourbon, scotch, and blended. Don't ask, because I don't know what that means." While Ali considered herself a sommelier of wine - sort of -, it was a different ball game when it came to whiskey. She just liked alcohol. "We'll try them all together and then the two of you can make up," she suddenly said. Though her voice was light and the look on her face cheery, it was clear she meant business and wasn't fucking around. "What should we try first?"

Adam, Conor ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )
Blake ( Bellz Bellz )

Sullivan Owned Pub
~Dublin~
Marco Jiminez

Marco couldn't help but let out a chuckle as Dermot explained his reason behind cheating on his now ex-wife. "But hermano," he said, clamping a playful hand down on his shoulder. "You married said intolerable woman, no? Willingly. Difficult isn't always fun now is it?" Marco teased the man. He nodded his head in agreeance when stated that dangerous women were fun. "Keeps you on your toes - never a dull day in your life." Marco then threw back the remainder of his glass before ordering another and two shots. "Juuuust have to make sure they don't know how to use a gun or a knife. I can only take being shot and stabbed by an angry woman once in my life, you know?"

Realizing there was no way he would be able to hide the amusement on his face, Marco just bit his lip and looked to Dermot. "You've no idea," he simply said before their conversation turned to Emery and Michelle. The man agreed with him and Marco let out another amused chuckle. "And, the best part, you know? They're taboo. Fruta prohibida. And don't get me wrong - I believe in karma and the universe but," he paused, sucking in air through his teeth with a grin. "This I'm willing to pay for." Dermot then stated they should let the two of them come over instead and Marco waited with interest. It didn't take the two of them too much longer to approach the two guards, Emery immediately calling them lazy. He turned on his bar stool, leaning against the counter to offer her a mischievous smile.

"Ahh, the pequeña pelirroja ardiente and her prima juguetona," he teased, looking between them both before settling on Emery. "I'll have you know, senora, we are working. Secretly. Undercover," he then reached out to gently grab her fingers with his own. But since we're working undercover how about the two of you help keep us entertained and we'll return the favor?" He shot he gave her a mischievous smile before gently letting go of her hand. Michelle then stated that he and Dermot were now being tasked with taking shots. Again Michelle tested his drinking skills and he had to stop himself from making it known that she had. Instead, he turned to Dermot with a knowing smile on his face. "Would you believe me if I told you this was perhaps the third time a mujer hermosa has tested me on my drinking capabilities," he said, turning his attention to Michelle. "Very rude," he simply said. Dermot immediately bowed out, Marco feigning heartbreak with his hand over his chest. "Hermano! You're going to leave me hanging?"

Marco returned the look he received from Dermot in kind, piggybacking on his comment. "Ah, maybe it's you too we're supposed to be looking out for. Make sure you don't cause too much trouble - only the right amount, hm?"

Dermot, Emery ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )
Michelle ( BasDorcha BasDorcha )

~Dublin~
Leo Sullivan

44d45d5b0286d6ca57c09de2d7959637.jpg

Leo had an idea, thanks to the setting up of Adam's proposal, of what he wanted to do for Nat in terms of his own proposal. It was the timing that needed to be right. And Leo had shit luck with timing, so... There was also that. But listening as she laughed at the shock shown on his face told him he was safe; that she understood though he may not be ready to be married, he knew that when he was it would be to her. Listening to her tease him about his faux idea for a proposal, the quick wit, and tone of her voice that followed, only solidified the reason even more. His eyebrows shot up with a shocked, yet playful grin on his face. "Oh, that's not what you were saying in the pool last time." He looked at her, rubbing his chin in thought. "What was it again? Oh yeah. Leo, keep going. I'm almost there," he teased in a falsetto before letting out a laugh. Leo was more than confident in himself when it came to sex so hearing his girlfriend - his satisfied girlfriend tease him about it was humorous.

Leo watched with curious eyes as Natasha seemed to check him out, walking closer to him. "Nat," he said his tone filled with a warning before shaking his head. "Quit looking at me like that." She then grabbed at his arms and it was hard not to just take her somewhere out of the apartment. She asked him to show him what he was talking about, alluding to the fact that he was more skilled in sexual deviancy than she was. He let out a soft laugh before looking down at her. "What, you want a tutorial right now?" He joked, looking around. "I mean I got time." As serious as he may have sounded, Leo knew it would be rude to just have sex with her in Adam's apartment. Plus, Collin was there. And no one wanted to hear their family member having sex.

"Ow!" He rubbed his arm, walking back from her before she could hit him again. He picked up another candle, tilting it so he was able to light it up. "Relaaaax," he started, "The real proposal will be so fucking romantic it'll knock your socks off. And you know it's the truth because we both know I'm... Not... Exactly romantic," he confessed through uncertain words. "But, for you I will be." Setting the candle down he turned to her. "But, okay. Since we're on the topic now, little miss proposals. What does being married to me look like to you? How many kids are we talking and where are we living?" He crossed his arms, a boyish grin on his face. "We still having sex more than once a month in this marriage? Tell me."

Natasha ( Bellz Bellz )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back