• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Roxie Carriveau
Thomas Porter

The Porter Family Home

~ Sutton, Dublin ~
d6c72e814d3478411fea1de12d06861a.jpg
Thomas had the familiar sense of deja vu as he looked at his older brother, a lump forming in his throat. He had been 11 the last time he'd seen him this way, in the back seat of his parent's car, way too young to console the 30-year-old but doing it anyway. Thomas had felt it unfair for years, that responsibility was put on him. But after the shit he had been through in Iran, it didn't even breach the surface and he'd happily do anything for his brother, all he had to do was say the word. Thomas learned that Syd loved just as hard as he lost, which was a skill that Thomas had yet to learn. Syd was uncontrolled in it, but Thomas still admired such passion even in the moments where it seemed to be tearing him apart. At least he could feel it. When Roxie had caught him crying, it had been the first time in a while that he'd felt such a strong semblance of regret, of sorrow. While it hurt more than anything, it was relieving to know that he did still feel.

"Roxie's right, Syd. Whatever you want, you got it. Mom's taken care of, Conor and Sinead got her. We are here for you and you alone." He said to his brother, trying to give him a soft smile. It was sad, but given the event...how could it not be? Thomas shifted in his seat as he watched Syd look at Roxie as she mentioned their mother smiling, he simply whispered that it was good. Then the silence hung in the air, thick but not in an uncomfortable way. The three of them were different but yet alike in the sense that they didn't need to fill the room with a conversation if they weren't in the mood for it, instead just taking comfort in the presence of one another. Roxie just kept a close eye on Syd and Thomas, quietly observing them both. In her head, she was already going through a checklist of the things she would need to do before she left the house tonight, things she needed to grab for dinner, and what she needed to stock up on for the kids. She had taken the liberty of packing go-bags for each of them including Syd, ready to grab them all from the trunk of her car at a moment's notice.

Not knowing exactly when the raid would happen was enough to set her on edge but with everything else going on, she was simply on autopilot. When her mind had finished going over its mental checklist, Roxie noticed Syd looking back at her now, his eyes filled with fresh tears. The brunette opened her mouth to speak, ready to ask him if he wanted to talk about anything when he went ahead and told her exactly what was on his mind. Unable to keep her own eyes from burning with tears at the mention of Ricky, Roxie shifted uncomfortably in her seat not liking the sudden rush of emotions that overcame her without her permission, especially in front of Thomas. But she had just revealed some of her hurt to him moments ago, hadn't she?

8236feaccf3147dd41ee13aa603e9dfe.gif
"S-Syd." Roxie's voice cracked barely above a whisper, trying to get him to stop talking, to stop blaming himself. She mentioned her father, the guilt he still cared for over a decade ago for a man she still felt conflicted over and probably would for the rest of her days. Roxie sucked in a breath through her teeth, the motion making a slight hissing sound as he said that he made her feel this, which she assumed meant what he was feeling right now. But his question, asking about how she could stand him for what he did was what made her tears spill over, falling down her cheeks finally after days of denying herself such things. Slowly, making sure not to startle either of them, she stood and walked to him before kneeling on her knees in front of him. Delicately, Roxie's hands reached out to take his face in her hands, placing them on either side of his cheeks before lightly forcing him to look at her.

"None of that will ever be your fault," Roxie told Syd honestly, her thumbs swiping under his eyes to catch some of his tears. "You freed me, love. I was miserable...absolutely..." Roxie's lip trembled her face looking back to where Thomas was, who had been looking anywhere but at the couple to give them privacy. "Ricky, I loved him, I did. But, he tried to hurt me, he could have hurt our babies. He killed a man I had loved for a title. If it wasn't for Matthew if it wasn't for you...Syd, I wouldn't be here. That wasn't my cousin, at least not the one I grew up with." Roxie shifted on her knees, moving a hand to wipe under her own eyes for a minute before saying, "My father deserved every bit of what you and Jackson gave him. Though some days my heart will go back and forth on it because there is still this part of me that rationalizes that he was my father and had my best intentions." Roxie scoffed, "But I saw James and Conor, and how you are as a father...you might not be perfect Syd but you would never do what my father did to me. No one who truly loves their child would ever do such a thing."

"All of my life, I was the fault for all of my parents' problems. But I learned quickly that...they made their decisions and they can scream as loud as they want that it's someone else's fault but the evidence is damning. I was just too young to know better."
Taking a deep breath, she looked down, trying her best to keep herself together before looking back up when she felt she wouldn't fall apart on him, "My father and Ricky made their own choices. You don't get to take the blame for the way they treated their flesh and blood, because, at the end of the day, they hurt me more than you ever could."

Roxie reached out her hand, offering for him to take it so she could squeeze it and then place a kiss on his palm. "What you are feeling, I cannot even begin to fathom, because you lost a parent who loved you more than life itself. I may go through the same stages of grief but at the end of the day Syd, my family didn't love me in the same way and I didn't love them in that way either. I regret things I've said, things I've done with them. But that's my guilt to bear...not yours." Roxie bit her lip, wondering if it was out of turn to say what she was feeling but decided to just say it anyway, "But I know I love you in that way, and your family, Thomas that means you too." She could hear the young man shifting in his seat. "You all took me in when I was outcasted by my family, so you ask me how I can stand you for what you did? It's because, to me, you didn't do anything. There is nothing to forgive. I just want you to stop blaming yourself and stop hurting yourself, because I feel it here," Roxie said, pressing her hand to her chest, "Just love yourself as much as I love you, please. As much as everyone loves you."
with: Syd Pyroclast Pyroclast

The Wedding in the Park
~ Somewhere in London, London ~

Christian Brooks

1680180640002.pngChristian had been more than surprised to hear Bruce and Darcey were getting married. It had been clear for a long time the couple were close and no doubt harboured feelings for each other, so the surprise wasn't that they would get married. It was that it was all happening so suddenly. Christian liked to analyse matters and investigate things that caught his interest, however, he knew better than to stick his nose in where his employers were concerned. Of course, they were by now his friends and almost family too, but there was a fine line between asking questions out of curiosity and actually digging deep like they would pay him to do to others. For once, he decided to roll with it. He had enough stress in his life lately that he was willing to attend something so positive with nothing but an open mind.

The ceremony was beautiful and Christian couldn't help but smile as he watched Bruce and Darcey repeat their vows. Whilst he wasn't known for being so open with his emotions, May was, especially given the pregnancy hormones that were affecting her along with her recent ordeal. He kept his arm rested across the back of her chair throughout, turning to her and quietly checking if she was okay from time-to-time, even though he knew her tears today weren't exactly sad ones.

Once the ceremony was over, Christian congratulated Bruce and Darcey before he found himself standing with Erik and Jeremy, along with May close by his side. With the group either all expecting a baby or having one recently come into their lives, it was inevitable their conversation would be on the subject of children. Christian smiled as Erik mentioned planning playdates. He nodded in agreement when Jeremy pointed out such events wouldn't be short in supply. He then let out a laugh when May mentioned all of the hands in everything. "Alright. That sounds messy," he began, pretending to be worried about said mess. "How do I submit my nominations for Spencer or Alex to provide the playdate venues?" he asked, playfully looking over his shoulder to the men in question. "They've got the most experience. Only the best for the kids, right?" he remarked. When May squeezed his hand, he returned the gesture, before putting his arm around her waist and resting his hand on her hip, taking her physical gesture as her being comfortable with it.

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Erik)
BasDorcha BasDorcha (Jeremy, May)

The Porter Family Home
~ Sutton, Dublin ~

Conor Sullivan and Sinead Callahan

1679698684059-png.1075357
Conor couldn't help but smile as Lucy spoke about James and how he'd be complaining about the party if he were there now. The two men had been opposites in many ways. James had always been a serious, sensible and more introverted man, whilst Conor had for the most time been playful, silly and extroverted. Whilst Conor had always been a lover of parties and gatherings, it was no secret James preferred to avoid them. Yet somehow, aside from a few disagreements and fallings out over the years, the pair of them had been not only family but great friends too. "You know, Jimbo would be sat right where we are right now. Quiet spot, but where he could still see what everyone's getting up to," he remarked.

Sinead let out a scoff when Lucy spoke of hers and Conor's bickering, but her features soon softened to a fond smile when she acknowledged that James had been proud of them. "We've all had beautiful children and they all loved their uncle James. And Syd, Thomas and Olivia loved their father," she spoke of James. Her smiled grew as she thought back about when they'd all been younger, with her barely out of her teens. "He was so patient, even back when he was in his twenties and I was calling him an old man. I remember he'd stand so focused all evening as he was guarding the clubs whilst I performed on stage. Then when he had to drive me home he had to listen to me talking his ear off for the whole ride. He barely spoke a few words the whole journey, yet I still knew he was listening - it still felt like we'd had a conversation..." She gently squeezed Lucy's hand and looked directly to her sister. "I'm so glad our dad chose James to protect us back then and even more so that you both chose each other. Between James and Ali, you both found the most perfect people to bring into our family," she said, a stray tear running down her cheek.

1679698695652-png.1075358
"And you bagged Pete, Tink. All three of us were spot on when it came to our partners. Sullivans have great taste." Conor held back his own emotions as Lucy spoke of how proud she was of them. "Likewise, Luce. And I know that Mam was proud of us all, and Dad would have been too. No matter what mistakes we might have made along the way, he would have loved us all the same," he said, briefly glancing between Sinead and Lucy. He knew both of them had carried guilt when their father was murdered; Lucy for falling into the trap that allowed Angel to kill Emmet, and Sinead for at the time having fallen for Angel. They'd all made mistakes over the years, but they were human. "No matter what happens in the future - Jimbo, Mam and Dad have always been proud of us." Feeling the heaviness of the day getting even heavier as thoughts of Interpol and the unknown future caught up to him. He knew he couldn't let his own inner stress of secretly trying to sort things out for his family show itself. "And I love you two to bits, even when we're bickering," Conor said, turning to Sinead and playful ruffling her hair.

"Conor!" Sinead protested, lightly slapping his arm before she set about smoothing her hair.

Letting the smile fade, Conor turned back to Lucy and gently rubbed her shoulder. "What do you need from me, Luce? You've done so much over the last couple of weeks, let us help you now."

Bellz Bellz (Lucy)

Natasha McCarthy
The Porter Family Home

~ Sutton, Dublin ~
310e7d7690d500cd7b45fc78cb70e7c3.jpg
Natasha didn't have to force a smile as Ali teased them, calling them lovebirds. Reaching to hug Ali, Natasha gave her a tight squeeze, she had been thankful to still be able to hold all of the adults in her life after that Halloween party. Given the event they were currently at, Natasha knew everyone felt the same way, as they all grieved losing James. "Think we are holding for the most part..." Nat said lightly, she had cried a lot at the funeral but was feeling like a weight was lifted after. Now, a different type of weighted feeling was on her chest as she looked between Ali and Leo, who had yet to answer his mother's question.

Natasha knew Leo wasn't the best at sharing his feelings, though it had become easier with her than with other people in his life now. There was a slight pause between the trio before Leo said that it was hard but felt that it would be okay. Natasha leaned against him with a small smile on her face, her arm closest to the one wrapped around her waist resting partially over it. Lacing their fingers together, Natasha let them both go on teasing each other.

Nat had picked up on the slightest pause before Leo let out a laugh, heckling his mother further. Looking between the two of them, she was wondering if she was just making up some sort of tension there before Ali went on exchanging pleasantries. She didn't skip a beat, welcoming such exchanges with a smile on her face, buying as much time as she could before they had to tell Ali.

It was short-lived. The conversation naturally turned to Leo suggesting that they had something that they wanted to talk to Ali about. He turned to her and their eyes met, the panic in them was most likely clear as day as he asked her where to start. That was a loaded question. Where did they start?

"Uh, yea..." Nat fidgeted with her outfit, biting her bottom lip nervously. The plate of food in her other hand seemed like the last thing on her mind now as she looked at Ali. There was no way she could be upset about it. Untangling herself from Leo a moment, the blonde set her plate of sweats down on the nearby table feeling a little woozy thinking about the fact that they may be upset with them. The last thing she wanted was to make anyone upset at a funeral. Well anymore upset.

"Okay, so..." The words were escaping her but she was gonna push through. "Leo and I... we are...I am..." Natasha just had to spit the words out, just had to get it out into the open. "I took a test. Two. The first one didn't give me an answer, the second one..." The blonde looked to Ali now with wide eyes before looking at Leo. "I'm pregnant." Natasha finally blurted out.

Realizing other people could have heard, the blonde looked around the room for a moment. Fortunately, no one else was in earshot, "We have been talking about this and went to get it confirmed at a physician's office. Leo and I have decided we want to be parents...and we really, really, really want your support because we love you, Conor, and my mom so much." Nat's eyes watered, "If you are mad at us, I understand." She squeaked out, hands going to her mouth to cover it.
with: Leo + Ali Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

The Wedding in the Park

Bruce King

1680308019614.pngThe bliss he felt when Darcey accepted his proposal was the most at peace Bruce had been in a long time…so he couldn’t be too surprised when Spencer passed on the news to them that their family was being watched by Interpol. Bruce’s life had never been straightforward or easy, and so he came to expect trouble around every corner. What he did know was that nothing was going to stop him from marrying Darcey, and with the possibility looming that the family could be split up, the couple decided to move up the wedding to be as soon as possible. As far as Bruce was aware, only he, Darcey, Spencer, Shona and Erik knew about what was happening - and he expected Billy did too, by now. Fortunately, the family was in dire need of a celebration after all the pain and suffering they had all endured in the past few months, and so regardless of whether or not they had heard the news, they all quickly got to work on helping with the wedding plans.

For the longest time, Bruce had never thought he would one day marry Darcey Hargraves. Their life together had been something straight out of a love story, but the type of love they shared had always been in question. Was it friendship, a sort of sibling relationship, or something more romantic? There was a reason Bruce never thought about it in much depth, and that was because he needed to prioritise stability within the family. He couldn’t ever risk losing Darcey, not when he and the four King siblings needed her in their lives. At this point in their lives, however, he knew that he never would. They had been side by side for 45 years and he couldn’t think of a single thing that could end their relationship. They understood each other inside and out; they knew how to cheer the other up, how to argue without causing any hurt, how to support each other through anything that life threw at them.

The wedding was beautiful. Bruce hadn’t wanted a traditional ceremony inside a church, having done that already with his late wife, Olga. Darcey deserved something unique and special. Besides, on a practical level, they needed something they could throw together quickly, without any waiting lists. Somehow everyone quickly came to be on the same page: in spite of it being November, it was to be an outdoor wedding located in the park. Knowing what was to come, Bruce cherished the preparation period as his entire family came together. He bonded with Spencer as his best man and enjoyed the duo that was Billy and Harper, making arrangements and somehow putting together an overflowing folder of details and designs even though it really was a minimalist ceremony.

To see the siblings he and Darcey had raised walk arm in arm down the aisle brought on a huge sense of pride. Bruce watched with an uncontrollable smile on his face as he watched them, noting how grown up they all were and how far they had come. Spencer and Harper were first, his eldest and youngest, followed by Shona and Billy with Eddie and Charlie in their arms. They were the flower boys, but they looked more like two cherubs playing with petals as their parents carried them down, something so sweet that it almost brought a tear to his eye as he stood waiting at the wedding arch. Kerry came next, guiding little Callum to the front so that he could deliver the rings. Bruce gave the boy a beaming smile and a thumbs up, but his attention was soon diverted towards Alex walking the love of his life down the aisle…It was a vision that Bruce would never forget.

He took Darcey’s hand from Alex and quietly thanked him. Any nerves he had been feeling fell away as soon as she came to stand beside him, and with everything being so unconventional, he almost went to kiss her - but that was one tradition he very much wanted to hold onto, and so he decided he would save it until they were pronounced husband and wife. She went first with her vows, and he couldn’t help but smile the whole way through - he even laughed when she mentioned how stupid they had been not to get together sooner. By the time she was done, he had to clear his throat, not realising he had got a bit choked up.

“My dear Darcey,” he said. “You mentioned how stupid it was for us to not get together sooner, and maybe we were…but when I look back on our life together, I never think about what I would change. Only that I have been so lucky to have you. You have always been my partner, from the day we first met at Mulberry House. Just two kids away from home, we were, tryna’ get on with life in war time…Who woulda’ known that I’d meet the love of my life at the age of just eleven?” He smiled, and as he took in her beauty he recalled the few photographs he had of them as children, still seeing the same sweet smile on her face 45 years on. “What we had then may be different to what we have now, but I always knew I was okay as long as I had you at my side. So, to repay you for the lifetime of happiness and adventure that you have given me, I vow to cherish and take care of you until the day I die.”

He kept the kiss relatively modest for the family and friends present, but he felt the passion deep in his heart. They were married, finally, and he couldn’t be happier. At their table, Bruce and Darcey took some time together just the two of them, basking in the love and excitement of becoming newlyweds. Ever since finding out that Interpol were investigating them and looking for an opportunity to make arrests, he had been taking in every moment he had with his family in London in case they didn’t have much time left. The wedding was perfect; with everyone he loved surrounding him, he was able to look around and just enjoy seeing them together, chatting and playing and having a good time. It had been a long time since he had seen them all this happy.

Billy King

1680308171019.pngFor Billy, having Erik back in his life changed everything. He had been trying to kid himself that he was fine being without him, and raising Charlie with the help of his family stepping in - and he would be eternally grateful for their help, of course, as well as cherishing the time he got to spend with them. The family seemed to be closer than ever now that the war was over. Harper was in higher spirits and improving physically, Alex was entering a mature relationship with Kerry and had sorted things out with Savannah, Spencer and Bruce were making peace with Trevor for the first time, and now Bruce and Darcey were getting married. Everything was changing for the better, it seemed. If only Billy could ignore the looming threat of Interpol, he might have felt like he was falling into a perfect life.

Getting to take part in the wedding plans was greatly energising for Billy, as he excelled in organisation and loved to collaborate in making plans - especially when it was for somebody he loved, who in that case were Darcey and Bruce. Although he always enjoyed being part of the groom’s party, as he had been for his brothers, it was getting to work so closely with Harper on the actual event planning that he loved the most. In the last several months he had felt like he and his sister were beginning to lose the closeness they had always shared, for all the tragedies and fights and suffering that had afflicted them - and especially her. But seeing her in her element, and sharing that passion with her, it felt as natural as it had when they were two kids just playing.

He laughed when his sister jokingly suggested they should start planning weddings professionally together. “We’d be the nation’s most in demand wedding planners, you and I!” It was a nice fantasy, but he couldn’t entertain the idea - not when his family’s freedom was under threat. They reached Darcey and Bruce’s table where they happily pulled up a chair and joined them.

Harper’s sweet words and enthusiasm put a loving smile on Bruce’s face and he leaned over to give her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. “We couldn’t have done any of this without you lot and the effort you put in,” he reminded her, sliding his hand around to cup Harper’s face. “You’ve made your old uncle a very happy man today. Honestly, you should be proud of yourselves, both of ya’.” He sent Billy a smile, which was instantly returned. “You’ve all turned out to be such inspiring individuals, and all Darcey and I want now is for you to just keep bein’ yourselves. Seein’ you smile after everythin’ you’ve been through means the world to us both, it really does. We will always be proud of ya’.”

Interactions
Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess darling wife 💍
Bellz Bellz precious sister and niece

The Porter Family Home
Dublin, Ireland
Samuel McKinsley
1680312591626.pngThe funeral had been everything a funeral normal was - sad, solemn , full of tears and breaking hearts, and Sam felt it deeply for those around him. He hadn't been particularly close to James, not the way many of these people had been, but it was easy to see they loved him dearly and that everyone who attended had been affected. He kept a careful eye on Olivia from a distance most of the day, attending to his job and keeping his distraction to a minimum but he couldn't help the occasional sneaked glance or lingering look. He wanted to hug her and never let go, he felt so terrible for her. The pain was written plainly on her face for him to see, and he knew there was only so much anyone could do for her right now.

Having ridden in a separate care from her, he knew she was in good hands with Adam and was he was able to relax for a few minutes. When they got there, he'd been standing guard near the entrance when Adam approached and offered to let him off. He gave him a small, dimly lit smile while he looked over to Olivia. He would gladly take the chance to be near her, he just wished it was under better circumstances. Nodding, he gave Adam's hand a quick shake and slipped into the house. He asked around politely for the drinks, and returned with a flask filled with whiskey for the two of them - his flask, their whiskey. He found her sitting, and quietly took a spot next to her, at first saying nothing.

A few moments passed and he pulled out the flask, taking a sip before handing it over to Olivia by means of an offer. "Here. It won't fix nothin', but it'll make it a little less harsh for the moment. You doing alright? I'm here… if you want to talk or just sit together quietly. Whatever you need." He touched her hand gently as he nudged the flask into her grasp, letting it linger comfortingly for a moment before withdrawing.

Misty Gray Misty Gray - Olivia

The Wedding in the Park

Shona King

1680363563615.pngShona had always been good at keeping her mouth shut. She had done it for her sister when the girl would run into trouble, for her mother when she wanted to keep her father’s domestic abuse under wraps, and for any of her friends growing up who needed protection from the police. She thought her trustworthiness to be one of the reasons she and Spencer had always worked so well…he could tell her anything knowing that she would keep it strictly between them.

So, naturally, he told her about Interpol as soon as he found out they were on the family’s tail, and she hadn’t said a word to anyone about it since. She didn’t even know who else knew, aside from Erik, Ava and Bruce, and presumably Darcey, maybe Billy, too. Nobody talked about it, instead just getting on with organising Bruce and Darcey’s wedding without ever discussing why it had to be done with such haste. Their engagement was the happy news they all needed and the planning was a welcome distraction. Shona was honoured to be a part of Darcey’s bridal party and happily threw herself into designing and making the wedding cake, as well as preparing a buffet and other baked goods for the ceremony.

“Didn’t you do well, my angel?” she cooed at Eddie, brushing away a stray petal from his hair. “You and Charlie were the most handsome little flower boys!” Looking at his sweet face always made her smile, but this time it faltered a little. With the family’s future up in the air, she couldn’t even be sure that he and Charlie would be growing up together. It depends if they had to go into hiding, or if Interpol managed to make arrests and take the boys’ fathers away. With the wedding having already brought her emotions to the surface, she found herself suddenly having to stave off tears at the thought.

Shona’s eyes soon fell on Spencer who was heading over to her and Eddie, and she automatically smiled at him. It almost made it harder not to cry in his presence because he was such a comfort to her, but she swallowed the lump in her throat and continued to fight off her emotions. Thankfully, his complement distracted her a little and her smile turned genuine as she returned his kiss. “I would marry you over and over again if I could,” she replied. “It was the best decision I ever made.” The man took Eddie from her and she watched the pair with adoration in her eyes. Seeing her husband with their baby in his arms was something Shona would never grow tired of.

Alex and Kerry soon came over to join them. Shona loved seeing those two together - when she first got to know her brother-in-law, she couldn’t really imagine him settling down with a serious girlfriend but now it was hard to imagine him being without her. The man asked the question of who would be next to get married in the family, suggesting himself before his other siblings, and Kerry reminded him not to propose too casually if he was planning on it. “Oh yeah, it has to be romantic!” she agreed. “Kerry, don’t say yes unless he puts real effort in. However he does it, it’ll set the tone for the marriage. So, Alex, don’t just rush it for the sake of bein’ next!”

She smiled at Spencer as he mentioned how well he had done at being Bruce’s best man. It had thrilled her to see him bond with his uncle over something that wasn’t yet another tragedy. They both seemed to really need it. When Eddie grew tired, Spencer moved to set him down in his pram and Shona instinctively focused on them for a moment. Her husband asked her if she was okay or needed anything and her efforts to quash her emotions almost faltered. “Only for this moment to last forever,” she said with a sad sort of smile, and turned back to face the other two as her husband did, ready to put her true feelings aside once again. She caught the tail end of Kerry’s teasing remark about keeping Alex in line and grinned at him. “All the women in this family are strong,” she reminded him with a wink, placing a gentle hand on Kerry’s arm. “I’m sure Alex knows that we’ll all gang up on him if he ever steps outta’ line, so he’s gonna be nothin’ but an angel to you. Ain’t that right, Alex?”

Interactions
Misty Gray Misty Gray Spencer, Kerry
Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Alex

Wedding in the Park
~Somewhere in London~
Alexander King, Darcey Hargraves King, & Erik Snowden

1680387848853.png"If?" Alex repeated, face scrunched up. He shook his head. "No, when. If you think I'm gonna marry anyone else, you're crazy. You know too much about me and have seen me at my lowest- I'm not allowed to be with anyone else." He joked. In reality, Alex had already decided he wanted to marry Kerry and it wasn't because he'd opened his heart to her. The fact that she'd seen the kind of person he was in the past and yet gave him a chance to be good for her- to be great for her meant more to him than words could ever express. He could spend his whole life trying to and it wouldn't amount to how he truly felt. Shona then warned him not to propose half-assed and he shook his head. "And it won't be casual," he said, looking down at her. "Nah, you're worth way more than casual proposals." Maybe it was the energy of the wedding or how great Alex had been feeling lately but showing his adoration and devotion for Kerry in front of his siblings didn't make him nervous or embarrassed. He wanted them to know - as well as Kerry - just how much he cared about and loved her. He leaned forward and kissed her forehead. "Think I've a romantic trick or two up my sleeve," he smiled.

Kerry then mentioned keeping him in line and he couldn't help but laugh. Not because he didn't believe her, but because he did. And he knew that if he ever stepped out on her or broke her heart she wouldn't be the only one coming after him. For a second the thought did cross his mind; if he would truly be able to break that self-sabotaging cycle, destroying the best thing to ever happen to him. His smile faltered and he had to look down at his feet to hide it. He shoved his left arm into his pocket and wrapped his right arm around Kerry's shoulders, gently pulling her into him. Nah, he would never. He couldn't do that to her and he was a different man now. That meant he was going to remain faithful to her and talk and make it through whatever life threw at them. Because that's what grown-ups did; that's what people who loved each other did and by God did he love her. His smile turned genuine and when he looked at her he could feel his face turning the lightest shade of pink. Spencer mentioned that it should be them next and Alex didn't dare tear his eyes away from hers. "Yeah, maybe you're right."

It took him a moment to realize what he'd said completely before turning to look at him with a playfully confused look on his face. "What? Hey, I don't like all this slander you're talking. You ain't exactly the golden child either, Spence. 'M sure there's plenty of times Shona's had to kick your ass into gear," he teased. When asked if he was going to be an angel to Kerry he nodded before bringing her completely in, wrapping both his arms around her and gently rocking her side to side. "Ooooof course I am," he placed a kiss on the top of her head before standing still and releasing her from his hold. "Plus she knows how to use a gun and I am very attached to my life so." Alex's eyes then drifted towards his sleeping nephew, reminding him to look out for his son. "Callum, stay close, kid," he warned, not wanting him to wander off before turning back to the group. He gestured toward Eddie then between Spencer and Shona. "So. When do we get another one? I mean. I know the family's about to be overrun with babies," he said, gesturing towards Billy, May, and Harper. "But, how many more are we talking? One? Two? And can we expect this one to be named after the best uncle in the entire world?" Alex winked at them both hinting at naming their next kid after himself. "I'm calling dibs now."

After a few more moments, Alex looked to Spencer. "Hey Spence," he started, nodding his head off to the side. "Let's chat, yeah?" He let go of Kerry and placed a quick peck on her lips. "Need a few words with the older brother," he then turned to Shona. "I'll have him back in a moment." Alex shoved his left hand into his pocket before placing his right hand on Spencer's shoulder. When the two of them were out of earshot of their partners he gave him a quick pat on the bag. "Hey, so. I... Never got to thank you before," he got to the point, not wanting to beat around the bush. "I know I caused a lot of shit 'cause of my actions and fuckin' around and you paid for them. Yet, you were always in my corner advocatin' for me." Alex dropped his arm and stood facing the man, kicking at the ground. "I don't... Show it enough but I appreciate you, Spence. Everything you did for us as kids and everything you been through," he said, noting the abuse from Trevor. "Everything. Maybe it's the wedding makin' me all sentimental but it's been on my chest and I could never find the right moment to say it so. Thanks, Spencer. You're the best brother anyone could ever ask for. And I mean it."

1680387991796.png

Despite knowing that this was such a temporary moment, Darcey couldn't wipe the smile off of her face. Her cheeks were starting to hurt and though she tried to give them a break it didn't work. Everything about the day was perfect from the weather to how things turned out for her wedding. And thanks to Harper they had pictures to document it all. Tears began to well up in her eyes as she glanced down at them as if seeing it all from a different perspective. They were already developed and didn't seem to have any flaws. It was so different from seeing it in real-time and experiencing just a few moments ago. The mirror didn't do the dress she wore justice at all and she'd never thought she'd be in one. "Orange was definitely the right color," she whispered, tracing the dress in the picture with her finger. Her eyes drifted to where Bruce stood in front of her, the moment they exchanged rings forever frozen in the small, rectangular photograph. "Oh," she sighed, her voice breaking. "You look absolutely terrified here, Brucie," she joked, sniffling as she handed him the picture. She turned to Harper with adoration in her eyes. "Babygirl, you don't have to thank us for taking care of you. I would do it over and over again for you. For all of you," she said looking up at Billy. "I may not be your birth mother but you're all my kids just the same."

Hearing Harper call her and Bruce her parents made the tears fall down Darcey's cheeks. She didn't even care that it could ruin her makeup; she was already married and most the pictures were already taken! Save for the 18 months she'd gone and 'traveled' to find herself, Darcey had always been in their lives. There wasn't a step she missed or a first word she hadn't heard. She was there for first arrests. First boyfriends and secret girlfriends and weddings and now babies! For so many years she tried to convince herself she'd never be a good mother or wife and yet here she was. Sitting next to the love of her life surrounded by the children she helped raise. She'd gone and proved to herself she was wrong and now she was riddled with regret. The tears falling down herself had been a mixture of that and happiness but she would hide the sadness away. With the information about Interpol looming over her head, the last thing she wanted was to ruin such a happy moment - a happy day. So instead she laughed at herself and her tears. "Dammit, I said I wouldn't cry today," she sighed, gently wiping the tears away. "And yet here I am. When did I get so emotional?" She turned to Bruce with a loving smile on her face. "Or have I been that way since I was a child?"

When she finally gathered herself she turned back to Harper and Billy, Bruce saying a few words of his own. His sentiment mirrored her own and she nodded in agreement of every word spoken. "Your brothers as well," she added. "But you two! You're about to be parents! And you've found-," she paused, visibly trying to find the right word. While she had her own... Reservations about Jeremy and Erik both, they seemed to make her kids happy and she didn't want to say anything to upset them. "The right partners for yourselves to start a family with. And I know it isn't easy because it wasn't planned," she caught Bruce's eyes - the one person who, besides herself, knew that better than anyone. "Your uncle and I are veterans in that department." She turned her attention back to the both of them with a smile. "But you've both got it in you to get through it. To be the best parents ever and I just- oh, here come the waterworks again." Darcey fanned her face as if trying to dry the tears up before they left her eyes. "Bruce, tell them before I end up a mess." She asked before gently and carefully laying her head against his shoulder.

1680388174803.png

Ever since meeting Charlie, Erik had become infatuated with him. From every giggle to every cry he loved little Charlie as if he and Billy had gone half on him themselves. And while he would never genetically be his Erik was more than excited to call him his son and to raise him alongside Billy. Genetics didn't matter to him as much as the family he and Billy were now starting was. And when their house was finished being built and they moved into things would officially be just the way the two of them imagined. Erik shifted to hold Charlie facing outwards, carefully holding him with two arms. May and Jeremy agreed that playdates wouldn't be in short supply and Erik let out a soft chuckle. The thought of domestic life - unlike some - interested him and he couldn't wait. "We'll be overrun with kids if we're not careful," he joked. "But not you, Charlie, 'cause if you're anythin' like Bill you'll be too nervous to cause chaos. My little spy on the inside." He kissed the side of his head before turning back to his own group.

Erik let out a playful scoff at Jeremy's comment, nodding his head toward Harper, Spencer, Alex, and Billy. "You seen those King genes," he stated before softly bumping his hip against May's. "You too. Our kids'll be breaking all the hearts of London," he stated. 'That is, if Interpol don't ruin it first,' he thought to himself. Knowing that things were about to change but not knowing how was beginning to eat at Erik. Despite Ava being more on the inside than he there had been no more information given from Klaus other than him getting them to safety. Ava assured him that Klaus was going to take care of them and he trusted her more than her boyfriend. But instead of dwelling on it - considering he wasn't supposed to bring attention to nor tell anyone else - he focused on the moment; the now and what time they had left.

Christian nominated Alex and Spencer as hosts of the playdates and Erik couldn't help but agree. "Agreed. Once the construction on the house is built I'll need another year or two to break it in before letting the rugrats make messes," he looked down at Charlie. "Includes you. You're cute and innocent now, but the moment youse start walkin' it's baby gates and bells for you," he teased. Christian then stated only the best for the children and Erik nodded in agreement. "That's our argument when we state our case! Knew you had skills outside o' bein' a PI, Brooks." He gave the man a friendly smile. Ever since his relationship with May had taken off, Erik begin to see him as more than just an employee for the King family, but a potential friend. The two of them were similar in that they were the outsiders of the family; the boyfriends, if you will. With Jeremy, it was different. He'd known Harper since she was a kid and was around the family so much that he was considered as such. But Christian and himself had been around a significantly shorter amount of time. If there was anyone he thought would relate it was him. "It might seem a bit daunting at first," he said to him, "Dating a member of the King family. Just don't break promises, make them feel less than, or cheat and you're golden!"

Porter Family Home
~Sutton, Dublin~
Aliana Sullivan & Leo Sullivan
1680387832998.png
Aliana wouldn't be the perceptive mother she claimed to be if she didn't pick up on how different things felt. It wasn't a bad difference either, but she definitely couldn't put her finger on it. Ever since the two of them had gotten back together, Ali rarely saw one without the other. They were always out and smiling and laughing and staring at each other the way she hoped they one day would. They were so in love and it felt so innocent. It reminded her of how she felt about Conor the first time she told him she loved him. And sure, there was chaos going on in the background but it was the first time she'd felt such a strong emotion for him. Besides, who would Ali and Conor be without such chaos in their relationship? Looking at Leo and Natasha - the former staring down at the latter - she could tell that that love was present and strong and pure. Deeper than the day she saw them together after Leo had gotten hurt and she wondered what changed.

That curiosity, however, seemed to be short-lived. Natasha and Leo both shifted their positions - Nat setting down the plate she was just holding. Ali watched with curious eyes as Leo moved behind Natasha, gently placing both hands on her shoulders. He could tell that she was nervous - so was he - but he was going to be supportive. It was the reason why he stood behind her as if to both be ready to catch her in case she fainted and to show that he was metaphorically behind her as well. That they were in this together and he would be there for whatever she needed. Ali looked between them both with a hundred percent of her attention on them. Her stomach was in knots as the anticipation of what they were about to tell her grew. The moment she mentioned a test, however, he brain immediately knew what it was. She'd stopped listening and instead was examining Natasha with her eyes for signs. She was glowing, sure, but she thought that was because of her relationship with Leo! But as she glanced at the plate of sweets it clicked for her. Both herself and Blake had been dying for sweets when they were pregnant which meant-

smiling-clay-spenser.gif
"What?" Ali's face was blank - her brain still trying to process the information. She placed a hand over her stomach trying to steady herself. Leo looked over his mother but didn't dare leave Natasha's side. "Mam," he called out, Ali turning her head to look at him with her lips pursed. "Nat's pregnant," he slowly repeated. "I'm gonna be a dad. And you're- you're gonna have a grandkid." He let out a brief chuckle before pulling Natasha closer into his chest, arms gently wrapped around her and sitting on her shoulders to allow her to hide if she needed to. "You're gonna be a grandma." It was the word 'grandma' that caused her to start tearing up immediately. And sure, she was a grandmother already through Michelle, but this was different. She hadn't said anything yet as Natasha then went on to ask for her support, stating that she and Leo really wanted to be parents.

Leo didn't need to see the look on Natasha's face to know how she felt. He placed a soft kiss on the top of her head before setting his chin there. Looking directly into his mother's eyes he could see she wasn't angry. "She's not mad, Nat," he softly spoke, not breaking eye contact with Ali. Ali shook her head, before quickly nodding. "No, no he's right I'm not mad I'm-," she gasped. "Oh god, I'm-," she couldn't find the words, her emotions all a mess before she urged herself to move forward and wrap her arms the best she could around Natasha. "Oh baby, I'm sorry, I'm not mad," she breathlessly chuckled, realizing her reaction wasn't exactly helping. "No, I'm just surprised!" She pulled back and placed her hands on her face. "I mean, I was hoping you were just gonna tell me you guys are finally movin' out but this- this is..." She was, again, at a loss for words. "Of course you have my support and Blake and Conor they'll tell you the same. We love you and it may be happening fast and just-," she paused, taking a deep breath. "I couldn't be happier for the two of you. It may not seem like it now, but I promise you I am!" She squealed. "I'm wrapping my mind around being a- a grandma!"
tumblr_inline_pcpqq7w0Yt1tkzrhy_250.gifv

Ali took a step back and looked at the two of them - Leo a relieved smile on his face. He'd grown up into such a fine young man and now he was about to be a father. Though, Aliana couldn't say she wasn't worried. With the lifestyle he was choosing and the things that he'd gone through in just a few months, she worried if he was ready. He was so emotionally shut off sometimes and denied the things that happened to him so frequently that she wondered if having a child would change that; hoped having a child would change that. But so long as they were together Ali was more than happy to help. "We have to go find them," she blurted. "Your- your father. And your mother. I mean, not me your mother," she said pointing to Natasha. "Yours. Your mother." Leo chuckled at how excited and frantic his mother had turned, whispering in Natasha's ear. "Told you it'd be okay." He kissed her cheek before listening to his mother list off people to tell. "The whole family! We have to find them and I- I know this is a tough time for everyone but- this is just what we need so come, let's find them."

Attachments

• 1680388922712.png
    1680388922712.png
    65.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The Wedding in the Park

Spencer King and Kerry Patrick

1679765288124-png.1075542
Spencer could tell the same thoughts were on Shona's mind as the ones he was trying to keep pushed aside too. He had the constant feeling that he needed to make the most of every moment everyone was together. He didn't know what the future would have in store and whether he would get to stay with any of his family at all, including his wife and son. If it wasn't for the fact his family were present along with the innate need to keep them happy and protected, he was sure he wouldn't be holding it together as well as he currently was. But he'd had practice. Like Shona, he wished the moment they were in could last forever. He didn't want to lose any of the people around him - everyone he cared most about was with him now.

Spencer couldn't help but smile as Shona joined in with reminding Alex that the women of the family would gang up on him if he wasn't good to Kerry. "I'd take her seriously, mate. Take it from someone who's been caught with just Shona and Harper on at me," he joked, using his hand to playfully imitate the ladies in question talking his ear off.

Kerry couldn't help but blush at the conversation, briefly looking to Shona as the woman placed her hand on her arm. Kerry no longer had family of her own, none that she knew of, and even before the trauma that was New York, she'd struggled to feel like she belonged in anyone's lives. For most of the last 12 years, the only people who had really fought her corner had been Maddox, Ani, Savannah and more recently May. But now, she felt like she genuinely belonged with the Kings. Then to have Alex love her and her love him in return made everything that much more perfect. Kerry knew these were the best moments of her life, so far. She'd gone from being someone she considered weak and a victim who for some time in the seventies had wanted to end everything, to becoming a strong woman who loved her life and wanted to enjoy everything it had to offer her. She knew most people could change and their lives could end up going down a completely different path to what was expected, which was perhaps part of the reason she believed in Alex; that he was able to accomplish anything if he tried, regardless of what some people might had grown to expect from him.

Alex assured her she was worth more than a casual proposal and mentioned have romantic tricks up his sleeve, whilst he leaned in to kiss her forehead. That caused Kerry's cheeks to redden further. She playfully used the flattened palm of her hand as a makeshift fan to cool her face. "Alex, you're killing me," she breathlessly joked, unable to hide how good his words made her feel. She was sure it was too early to be seriously discussing marrying Alex, but maybe it was the mood of the ceremony that made her begin to imagine that she could one day be Kerry King and she liked that thought.

1679765296610-png.1075543
Spencer held back his natural urge to tease Alex and Kerry about their soppiness. Given that he was glad to see his brother happy and the most settled he had been, he wasn't about to belittle that. He wanted Alex and Kerry to be together for the long term, seeing that they were good for each other. Spencer grinned when Alex suggested Shona would have had to kick him into gear before. "You get used to it, over time, brother. You learn to embrace it," he teased, playfully nudging Shona before putting his arm around her waist and gently stroking the top of her hip with his fingertips.

When Alex told him to stay close, Callum huffed before stamping his feet on his way towards his father, which prompted an amused snicker from Spencer which he briefly masked by bringing up his free hand to cover his mouth. His amused expression soon straightened when Alex asked how many more kids he and Shona were going to be having. It wasn't just the uncertainly of where everyone's lives were shortly going to take them and if Alex would even be in Eddie's life much longer. It was also that they were still getting settled with Eddie and the business had kept him too busy to be ready for a second child just yet. "Ah, not just yet, mate," he said, turning to Shona to see her reaction. "I know I'd love at least one more, but maybe not so soon after Eddie. We'll let the little man have his limelight a bit first," he said, smiling at Shona before looking back to Alex and Kerry. "Name the kid after you?! That sounds like child cruelty. Can't name my kid 'Dickhead King', can I?" he teased Alex.

When Alex asked him for a chat in private, Spencer narrowed his eyes before nodding his head. He then smiled when Alex told Shona he needed to talk with his brother. Spencer leaned in to kiss Shona's lips before Alex lead him to a private area to talk. Surely he didn't know about Interpol, considering those who did were all definitely keeping it quiet considering the huge risk if they didn't. Having heeded his dad's words to stay close, Callum set off following Alex before Kerry called the child back and told him to stay with her and Shona. Callum did as Kerry asked and stood at her side, reaching up to hold her hand. He looked up to Shona and sent her a bright smile. "Auntie Shona, please can I have another sleepover at your house? Eddie can watch cartoons with me," he excitedly asked.

At first, Spencer couldn't help but wonder what it was Alex needed to tell him and if he somehow needed his help. He would always help his brother, but given the Interpol problem, Spencer found himself wondering if anything he could do for Alex would soon be out of his own hands. As it happened, his brother actually started by wanting to thank him, which was something of a relief to Spencer. Alex acknowledged the trouble he'd caused and how Spencer had paid for them, which no doubt included him taking a beating or two from the angry Sullivan mob. Spencer simply nodded along, knowing there was no point pretending at least one of those ambushes on him wasn't linked to Alex's actions. As Alex fell silent and kicked at the ground, Spencer took the moment to speak up. "I'd do it all over again. You did make mistakes and fuck around, we won't pretend you didn't. But I will always have your back, Alex. Nobody outside of this family lays a hand on my brother, nor do they get the right to judge you. I appreciate your appreciation and gratitude, but it's what good brothers do. And I'd like to think you'd have my back too," he told him.

It took a lot in Spencer not to break down or let his emotions get the better of him when Alex told him he was the best brother anyone could ask for, along with expressing his appreciation for what he'd done for them when they were kids. He wished he could promise he'd always be there in the future, that he could say those words without them likely being a lie. "Come here, soft lad," he said, pulling his brother in for a firm hug and patting him on the back for a moment. When he pulled away, he looked Alex in the eyes. "You did make mistakes and ones that pissed me off at the time, but none of us are perfect. It wasn't out of family obligation that I fought your corner, but because I love you and I believed in you, that you could fix things. What happened with Sav was a learning curve and no matter how bitter it turned, you grew from it. But let's face it, Sav is great the way she is but she wasn't right for you. Whereas Kerry seems like a better match and she won't let you walk over her, which I'm counting on," he said, grinning. "Believe in yourself like we do and I have no doubts the pair of ya will be walking down the aisle one day."

Spencer fell silent for a moment before putting his hand on Alex's shoulder and facing him directly. "It's not just with Kerry that I've see my faith rewarded, y'know? And it's not just with you stepping up with Callum now. It's the business too. A few years ago, I wouldn't have dreamed of leaving any of my places in your hands, with you jetting off to Ibiza without notice. But now I know you'd be able to take on anything me or Bruce throws your way. I'd even trust you with my pub," he said, The Royal Taphouse being his favourite since the Mercury Nightclub had been reduced to rubble. "I love you and I'm proud of you, Alex. You can reward me for my faith by just keeping on this great path you're on, alright? And if you make mistakes, know I've still got your back."

Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Alex)
Pyroclast Pyroclast (Shona)

The Porter Family Home
~ Sutton, Dublin ~

Olivia Sullivan-Porter

1679698708482-png.1075359
Olivia watched Sam approaching from the corner of her eye. When he sat on the wall next to her, she stayed quiet. Whilst she was glad for his presence, she was struggling to find any words to speak or to even turn her head at all. Eventually, she saw his hand come into view and noticed he was holding a flask out towards her. After a brief hesitation, she reach out and took it from him, taking a few sips of the whiskey and barely acknowledging the strong alcohol it as it ran down her throat. "Whiskey was his favourite," she finally spoke up, fully aware of James' preferred drink.

Olivia handed the flask back to Sam and finally looked up to meet his eyes. "Thank you," she said. She shuffled closer, resting her head on his shoulder and taking hold of his hand. "I remember my mother's funeral as clear as if it was only yesterday. A lot of the same people were at that funeral too," she said, aware Arlene had been popular with not only their family but their employees too. "Lucy and James didn't have to take me in back then, but they did and they've been my parents ever since. I..." She brought up her free hand and used her sleeve to quickly wipe the tears from her face. "Even though we knew it was coming, I deep down kept expecting he'd just get back up and let himself out of the hospital. He always seemed so invincible but now it's so final."

Even though she knew she would have pursued Sam regardless, she was at least glad that James had given his approval of him before he died. She wouldn't have to live questioning what her adopted father's wishes would have been. Turning to Sam, she wrapped her arms around him, moving in for a tight hug. "Thank you for being here," she softly told him. She was sure it was too early to be feeling so close to him, but as each day passed, she felt herself falling deeper for him.

BasDorcha BasDorcha (Sam)

The Porter Family Home
~ Sutton, Dublin ~

Syd Porter

b94252884e0e0d57db81c270f23484b1.gifAll the energy that Syd now possessed was stolen by his grief and guilt as the anxiety that had been building up inside him made him shiver and rock back and forth involuntarily. He felt the need to hold onto something, so he just held his head and let it twist in his hands as he sobbed. When he looked up, through his tears he could see Roxie now crouching before him. She reached out, slow enough that he could back away if he couldn’t handle it - but instead he just waited, and eventually she cupped his face in her hands. Even though, at that moment, he couldn’t understand why, he could tell by the look in her eyes that she didn’t blame him for the grief he had caused her.

Roxie began to remind him of what Ricky had done, how he had tried to assassinate her and had put their children’s lives at risk, killing Matthew in the process. It became hard to look her in the eyes, so instead he let his tearful gaze fall to the floor and let his eyes glaze over as he listened. Syd knew that Roxie’s connection with Ricky ran deep and that her cousin’s attempt on her life wasn’t all she remembered him for. He also knew that the man had been her last remaining family member besides her own children. So he was still sorry that by killing Ricky, he had robbed her of someone who had been important to her - no matter how much he despised and distrusted him. Still, it felt somewhat comforting to hear her validate Syd’s reasons for hating him, and not blame him for killing him on the spot.

She then went on to recall her father Stefano, whom Syd had shot dead while rescuing Roxie from the man’s torturous hand. He never regretted that one, because he still believed he would have ended up murdering Roxie and their unborn twins if he hadn’t shot him in time, but now, as he felt the tremendous loss of his own father, he couldn’t help but dwell on the complex grief Roxie must have gone through because of Syd’s actions. The memory of that day had Syd glowering through his tears as he continued to stare at the ground. The conflict over what he had done was fairly minimal; the only thing he would want to do differently if he could go back in time would be to find Roxie sooner. He wouldn’t hesitate to kill anyone who had the love of his life and their unborn children at the barrel of a gun. Still, with his grief over his own father so fresh and raw, he needed to hear her tell him that what he had done was okay.

Roxie reassured him by reminding him how different Stefano was to James or to Conor or even to Syd himself, pointing out that they would never hurt their children the way Stefano had hurt her. “Never,” Syd spat, tears rolling down his face. He looked up at Roxie and reached out to hold onto her arms, now fully facing her as he listened. He shook and nodded his head according to everything she was saying to him. He could see that she was getting emotional talking about her upbringing and how her parents used to blame her for all of their problems, and he felt that protective instinct, that anger building inside him again. “It was never your fault,” he urged with a shake of his head. “Never.”

Despite the persistent trembling and the painful emotions still stirring within him, Syd found comfort in Roxie’s presence and decided that he could get through the day as long as she was there with him. He let her take his hand, appreciating the gentle kiss she placed in his palm. Further tears rolled down his cheeks as she reminded him that their grief was incomparable simply for the fact that her parents never loved her the way his family loved him - the way she loved him. At her inclusion of Thomas, Syd glanced at his brother sitting beside him, feeling a little sheepish about his emotional outburst. He wanted to hug him, but he didn’t want to make him uncomfortable nor feel like he had to comfort Syd. He just wanted to grieve with him and show him that he appreciated him, without the struggle of articulating that into coherent words.

All too often, Syd wondered if Roxie was actually a human or if she was instead some kind of angel. The way she overlooked his flaws and wrongdoings, and the endless love she had for him, he couldn’t understand how she did it. He certainly didn’t feel deserving of it most of the time. Still, she insisted that he hadn’t done anything wrong by killing Ricky and Stefano, and so she had no reason to resent him and nothing to forgive him for. Just like that, it was like she had wiped his slate clean. Finally, she asked him to stop blaming and hurting himself, and to love himself like she and everyone else loved him. By that point, he had stopped crying, instead just gazing into her eyes in silence as he processed what she had said. Syd found it hard to love himself. He never had in the past and he didn’t now. All he knew was how to love others…Roxie, his children, his parents and the rest of his family. He would die for them without hesitation, there was no doubt in his mind.

“I…” he uttered, almost in a daze. “I love you…I’m sorry.” His voice fell to a whisper as he looked down at his arms, thinking about all the cuts and cigarette burns beneath the sleeves of his shirt. He hadn’t mentioned it to Thomas so he was pretty sure his brother didn’t know, but he hadn’t been very good at keeping track of what anyone knew lately. “I don’t mean to make you hurt,” he said to Roxie, his voice barely audible. “It’s just been hard. I just want to make it stop but it won’t stop...” Even listening to the words coming out of his mouth, he was aware that he wasn’t making total sense, but his brain was so clouded that he couldn’t articulate himself properly. “I love you so much,” he repeated, and then turned to look at Thomas. “Thomas…I know I’m not…always here. But I love you, and I’d do anything for you. You know that, right?”

Interactions
Bellz Bellz Roxie

Natasha McCarthy
Blake McCarthy

The Porter Family Home
Was in Kitchen en Route to Conservatory

~ Sutton, Dublin ~

310e7d7690d500cd7b45fc78cb70e7c3.jpeg
Natasha felt like she was going to faint. Maybe throw up, no faint...no actually, maybe both. Ali's face had gone completely blank, so unreadable that Natasha thought for sure the woman was going to flip or maybe even throw up and faint herself. Leo had moved to stand behind her but she'd barely noticed up until the moment Ali asked, What? Causing Natasha to stiffen slightly, her back now pressed up against Leo's broad chest. Nat briefly looked up at Leo who was looking at his mother, she was grateful that he had stood behind her, supporting her just where she needed him to. Natasha looked back to Ali as Leo called out to her and Ali looked back at him as Leo confirmed her words again. The words gave her goosebumps and gave her butterflies in her stomach as a smile formed on Natasha's lips. Leo's arms gently pulled her closer to his chest and she took the opportunity to hide her face for just a moment in them as tears poured out of her eyes. She was trying not to be too happy but also trying to keep herself together in case Ali was super upset and it was all such conflicting feelings that it was knocking her sideways, but Leo didn't move, holding her tighter and being the rock she needed at that moment.

When he said Ali was gonna be a grandmother, Nat looked back up just in time to see tears in Ali's eyes and when Leo kissed the top of her head before resting his chin on top of it, Natasha knew Ali wasn't upset. Leo echoed her thoughts, speaking softly to her and Ali shook her head before nodding and gasping out that she wasn't mad, but that was when the words stopped. Ali was speechless and Nat asked, "Are you okay, Ali?" softly. The woman then moved forward to hug her as best as she could in Leo's arms and Nat accepted the embrace happily as tears stained her cheeks. "Surprised is good, better than mad!" Nat said with a soft laugh, trying to rein in her tears as she wiped at her eyes. When Ali said that she was hoping they were going to tell her they were moving out Nat smirked, which grew into a smile again as Ali said that they had her support. She insisted her mother and Conor would say the same and Natasha hoped so, she knew her mother was much more laid back, but she had her moments. Natasha bounced on her feet as Ali said that she couldn't be happier for Leo and her and that she was wrapping her mind around being a grandma.

Nat looked up at Leo after Ali took a step back and the natural smile that formed on her face at seeing his smile was hard to control. He looked just as relieved as she felt. With Ali's reaction, Natasha knew they still had to tell her mother and Conor but they had the support, Natasha had no doubts they would get it now. The funeral had made her feel things that she hadn't felt since her father had passed and yet here she was, her heart now feeling so full. It was strange how such small moments could bring about such big bouts of joy. When Ali blurted out that they had to go find them, Natasha felt much more prepared to face the others in announcing such news. She was frantic which caused both Natasha and Leo to chuckle. His mouth reached her ear, I told you it'd be okay, Natasha's eyes narrowed slightly but she couldn't argue with him on it and even if she wanted to, he kissed her cheek and that warm and fuzzy feeling she had in her chest returned making her heart full again. As Ali listed off all the people they were going to tell, Nat stole a glance at Leo, her boyfriend and soon-to-be father of their child. Out of all the moments they had, this was the moment. The one that separated itself from all the others, the one that reminded her just how much she loved him and why she fell in love with him in the first place. It was all fast..very fast...but in time, Nat wanted the life they had talked about at Adam's Place with Leo. She wanted to be his forever and she understood now just how much he wanted to be hers.

As they were being ushered out of the kitchen area to find the others that they were meant to tell, Natasha waited till Ali turned and walked ahead of them before turning to face Leo, pulling his face down so that she didn't have to stand her toes as she kissed him deeply. After a moment, she broke the kiss, "I love you." She said softly, "And yes, you were right." Pushing him away, she attempted to dart out of the room playfully to follow after Ali as she went to look for Blake who was already making her way toward the kitchen.

21fb494f86da5c58fc0a88442a93b966.jpg
"Mam!" Natasha said gleefully, causing the blonde woman to look at her with raised brows. "Nat, lovely. Is everything okay? Looks like you had a hanger in your mouth." She said to her daughter, her tone teasing before she looked to Ali who had been mimicking her daughter's expression, "You too, Al." Blake also saw Leo then and when she saw him smiling the woman knew something was up, "Alright, Leo is also smiling...so either you three have something you want to tell me or I'm about to be pranked which would be messed up to do at a funeral party might I add." Blake said, her tone teasing though she was being serious about the pranking thing, she didn't need to tell the adults at this funeral party that. "We aren't pranking anyone, mam. Do you have a moment to talk? We just want to talk about something." Nat said and Blake nodded her head, "Sure I've got a minute, was just on my way to get a booze refill...though should I do that before this conversation?"

Natasha rolled her eyes, "No, mam, you don't need to refill your glass for this conversation. If Ali didn't need a drink then neither will you. Come on." The blonde said, motioning for her mother to follow as she pulled Leo forward with her this time in her quest to get people together. That left Blake to fall in line with Ali as they walked towards the conservatory Blake offered the woman her arm for Ali to take, "You know something I don't for once and that is what is freaky here, normally I know all the hot gossip before you." Blake teased as she followed her daughter and Leo toward the conservatory.
With: Leo + Ali Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess
mentions: Conor Misty Gray Misty Gray

Roxie Carriveau
Thomas Porter

Feat. Natasha McCarthy
The Porter Family Home
In the Study

~ Sutton, Dublin ~

8236feaccf3147dd41ee13aa603e9dfe.gif
Roxie's words were careful in their delivery, were slow and coherent but the most important thing....they came from such a place of pure love that Roxie didn't feel like she had to walk on eggshells in situations like this anymore. While she hadn't loved him for as long as she had imagined she would have when they had been together, Roxie had taken important steps to ensure that she could support Syd at his lowest. She wanted desperately for it to work out, to make all of his pain go away, to make him better. While seeing a mental health professional for herself she had also asked from time to time how to handle someone else's crisis, not alluding to who that person had been, but painting a picture in her therapist's head and asking if her choice of words or choice of action had been the best route to take. All Roxie knew was that she couldn't lose Syd. But when he'd hurt her, and lied to her, she'd lost that sense of responsibility to help him like that. Why help someone who had broken her heart? The real casualty of all of what Syd had done was the fact that Roxie lost herself for years throughout their separation. She was vindictive at a man she was trying to force herself to forget, a man she had given her entire heart to. But none of what he had done, she had realized with time as it tended to heal most things, would ever amount to the hurt her family put her through. If she had just listened...

Blaming Syd for all of what happened, wouldn't do anyone any good and would only serve to hurt the man she loved so dearly. If he didn't feel regret or sorrow, or anything at all, Roxie might have felt some sort of anger or resentment toward him. But it wouldn't do any good. Together or separate, all Roxie ever wanted for Syd from the moment he allowed her to know him was for him to be happy. Seeing his tears stop, it was relieving to see that her words held some merit still, that he was still listening to her after everything she had put him through. He seemed to be processing her words about loving himself, which she knew was easier said than done. His eyes gazed into hers and she kept her gaze steady as if offering him a reflection to see himself in the light she saw him in through her own eyes. Matthew had been her everything too, and that was a grief that had yet to go away. But the old flame that is Syd Porter had never really been blown out. Try as she might, Roxie couldn't get it extinguished and now she'd let it ignite her in flames if that's what it took for them to finally have what the universe had denied them both time and time again.

Syd finally spoke, saying that he loved her but it was followed by an apology which caused her to gently shush him, "No apologizing, Syd. You have nothing to be sorry for." Roxie's voice matched his volume, finding herself looking down at his arms as she noticed his attention turning to them. Roxie's eyes burned with fresh tears as she sniffled, head dipping slightly as she brushed her lips against one of his arms. Syd's voice was barely audible and Roxie was sure he was keeping it down because Thomas was in the room, "I know, baby. If we can't make it stop, we will find ways to lessen it, okay? You are not alone." Her voice was also barely audible, wanting to respect the fact that Syd wanted to keep this as private as possible. The words didn't make sense but they came from a place of pain. Roxie's own emotions were hard to contain as she found herself turning her face into her shoulder, squeezing her eyes shut. It was hard to watch the one you loved destroy themselves over something they thought was their fault, hard to feel so helpless. But Roxie had to remember that none of this was about her, which was why she had made amends were her demons for what Syd had done to Ricky weeks ago. Syd had enough in his head that he blamed himself for. Right, wrong, or otherwise it didn't fucking matter, Roxie knew she loved him, you didn't throw fault in the face of your loved one especially when they were down. Syd did it to protect her, and his family, from a man who had a reputation for turning on his own. Twice. That was that. He had saved her twice and now she was going to save him, even if that meant saving him from himself.

c1def121870b1f163c75c81a93045b02.gif
"I love you so much too," Roxie told him honestly, having watched the wheels practically turn in his head. When Syd looked at Thomas, Roxie did the same and the man had been looking towards the window. When his name was called, Thomas turned to look at his brother, fresh tears burning his eyes. "I-I know, Syd," Thomas said, moving to stand from the chair as he walked over to the couple. Kneeling next to Roxie, the woman shuffled over to give them room as he looked up at his brother, "I love you too but...you don't always have to be here. Did I use to get a little butt hurt about it as a kid, you not always being around? Sure, but I was kinda punk. But our age difference makes things a little tricky. You got a whole family to look after, I'm just trying to figure out if I want one. Seems like we are always playing catch-up with one another but I think that's partially my fault. Mom doesn't hesitate to remind me that I'm about as keen on sharing as Dad was, but I'm working on it. And I'm sorry, for anything I said before. You've been the best brother a kid could ask for, we are getting older but that doesn't mean we still don't have time to still be brothers." He reasoned, knowing that Syd felt just as guilty as he did for the time they had lost. It wasn't going to fix anything now, all they could do now was try to make up for that time and move forward. And boy, was Thomas going to try his hardest.

On the way to the conservatory, Natasha saw Thomas, Roxie, and Syd from the corner of her eyes in one of the rooms. Stopping she let Blake and Ali go ahead and Nat looked to Leo before she knocked on the door lightly, causing Thomas and Roxie to look at Nat. They all looked so upset, of course, they did, it was a funeral. Natasha bit her bottom lip wondering if it was best to interrupt but it was too late to go back now that she had. "Um...we...Leo and I had a little something we wanted to announce if you guys wanted to join us in the other room." Nat looked to Thomas and then to Syd, offering the older man a sympathetic look, "Ali thinks it might make some of you guys feel better...not sure if that helps." Nat looked to the three of them then and then excused Leo and herself, not forcing anyone to follow if they didn't want to or feel comfortable.
with: Syd Pyroclast Pyroclast
mentions: Leo Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

Lucy Porter
feat. Blake McCarthy

The Porter Family Home
In the Study

~ Sutton, Dublin ~
a649af32ee207de4f39a0834a8aab9ae.jpeg
Lucy's head had bobbed silently as Conor pointed out that James would have been sitting in the conservatory as they all were right then, in a quiet spot but still able to keep an eye on the party. Lucy had caught on to her husband's mannerisms early on in their friendship when he chose to stand off to the side at most events he was forced to attend while watching the three of them. She had always found his quiet demeanor intriguing given she couldn't manage to keep her mouth shut for more than a few moments and it was much of the same with her brother and sister. But Lucy had grown to respect it and even enjoy the silence once in a while when she felt like she needed it, but even when she talked his ear off, James never expressed to her that he was annoyed and seemed to enjoy it even. Lucy had at one point thought that she just imagined him humoring her in such conversations, but looking back at it all now...their feelings for each other couldn't have been more obvious.

Every word that spilled from her lips had been nothing but the truth, when Sinny mentioned all of their beautiful children and how much they loved James, Lucy's lips turned up in a sad grin. Turning to look at her sister as she spoke about her late husband's patience, Lucy's eyes watered at the nickname old man. It had been a term of endearment that they had given him, as the man acted so much older and wiser than the rest of them. They were rowdy, messy...emotional at times and he was just so controlled never showing emotion or at least Lucy had thought that of him before he let her in. Sinny spoke of how she talked his ear off and though he spoke few words she knew he was listening and it still felt like they had a whole conversation. The tears that had been burning at her eyes spilled over as her sister squeezed her hand and Lucy squeezed it in return as she met her eyes. The blonde could only find herself nodding in agreement, her throat tightening with emotion as Sinead said she was glad that their dad had chosen James to protect them back and even more so that they could both choose each other.

Seeing the tear fall down her sister's face, Lucy reached her hand up to wipe it away as the woman said that Conor and she had found the most perfect people to bring into the family. Conor mentioned Peter and Lucy agreed, "That we do, we do have great taste." Her words were clearer when she said that she was proud of them fortunately and when Conor said likewise Lucy found herself able to smile again. Though that smile slowly faded as he mentioned their mom and then their dad, which a lot of guilt still weighed down on her for her dear father's death. Lucy's eyes barely met Conor's as he said that their father would have loved them, all the same, no matter what mistakes they would have made along the way, knowing he knew just how much guilt she carried. Lucy's hand squeezed Sinead's knowing she also carried a lot of guilt still.

Swallowing harshly, Lucy managed to contain her tears using her free hand to wipe under her eyes as her brother went on to talk about the future and that no matter what happened all the people gone in their lives have always been proud of them. Lucy's eyes went to the ceiling for a moment as if she could imagine James, her mother, and her father all up there as they spoke about them. She hoped her brother's words were true, and she just hoped she wouldn't have to wait a whole other life to be right there with them. Lucy was pulled back from her thoughts as Conor said that he loved the two of them, "Love you both too, more than I can ever begin to say." Lucy said, another half smile forming as she watched Conor ruffle Sinead's hair and the redhead going about smoothing it as she protested.

"Some things never change, hmm?" She asked, softly before Conor turned to her asking what she needed from him acknowledging that she had done so much over the last couple of weeks and to let them help her. It was the sweetest sentiment, letting them help her. She wanted to. But after years and years and years of pushing through, the last thing Lucy knew how to do was sit back and let others do the dirty work for her. "Just enjoy the little get-together, yea? That's all I want from both of you. Just enjoy. No need to fuss over me." The woman said softly and was about to say more when several people start to file into the room.

"Oh, was there some sort of meeting going on today that we weren't aware of?" Lucy asked, trying her best to joke despite feeling in low spirits, looking at Ali and Blake expectantly. The fellow blonde looked to Lucy and shrugged, "Hey, don't look at me. Ali knows more than I do, a first. I have no idea what is going on here but apparently, the entire house needs to know." Lucy's brows furrowed as she looked at Ali, "Everything okay, Ali? Kids didn't get into the liquor cabinet again did they?"
with: Sinead + Conor Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Ali + Leo Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess
mentions: maybe following behind further down? Syd Pyroclast Pyroclast

The Wedding in the Park
~London~

Maeve Thatcher and Jeremy Gray
1679948061317-png.1076249
May felt herself relaxing more as the group continued talking, her brain sinking into the baby-infused conversation allowing her not to think about other things. Each day felt like it was getting easier, and moments like this almost felt normal. "I think Spencer and Alex will make wonderful locations to have playdates - after all, they're already equipped and baby ready. We'll have a lot still to do, to be ready, I think. I'll have to pick everyone's mind to make sure I get the best advice!" A smile broke over her lips as she looked around the wedding again and took in all the sights. It was beautiful, Darcey looked amazing, and for a moment, everything was perfect. It was a relief to have that ominous overhanging feeling gone for the time being, and to feel like her old self. Christian's arm around her made her smile bigger and brighter, a relief to know she hadn't made the wrong move and that it was okay to continue on. She leaned her head against his shoulder, enjoying his warmth.

1679948179010-png.1076250
Jeremy watched the two of them with a half-cocked grin. May definitely was feeling the same for Christian as he felt for Harper - that much was obvious. Much like her, lately most of them had felt a heavy cloud above that was darkening everything. Today was a much needed break for love and light to show through. All the men in their suit and ties, Bruce looking plucked and glowing. It was a day Jeremy hoped would go on forever.

The sound of soft voices chatting around him brought him back to the conversation, listening as they offered up Spencer and Alex as host for the kids. Jeremy shook his head. "Maybe some days, but I think I'd like my kid home some of the time too, messes and all." May laughed a bit when Erik bumped her hip, covering a very brief flash of tenseness. "I can hope all day they won't be heartbreakers, but I think I know enough about my family now to throw that out the window. There's bound to be a few of 'em at least."

Jeremy clapped Erik on the shoulder and laughed quietly. "Younger Billy was filled with chaos, you just have no idea. You will have your hands full." Jeremy thought back to growing up with what felt like siblings, and knew in that moment this child would not be their last. Every kid needed a sibling to grow up with. He didn't know when, or how Harper would feel, but he felt certain that if he had any say in the matter, one day there'd be another little one to care for as well.

Misty Gray Misty Gray - Christian
Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess - Erik

The Porter Family Home
~ Sutton, Dublin ~

Syd Porter

ef8fc3c10bdb8015657a2f700e07a25c.gifExhaustion often made Syd quiet, particularly when he was emotionally drained. In the aftermath of a bout of intense upset or anger he would reach a point where he lacked the energy to speak up or even formulate coherent sentences. But Roxie, being so in tune with him, knew how to communicate with him no matter his state. She would lower her volume to match him, and her soft, deep voice would soothe him. If the brain fog was settling in, she would make him feel like it didn’t matter - that he could just slow down and rest, fall asleep if he needed to, without any pressure. Her patience and her presence was something he loved about her and would always be grateful for. And so now, when she hushed him and told him he had nothing to be sorry for, he just let himself believe her.

Despite entering a calmer state, an alarm in his head went off when Roxie dipped her head towards his arms and he tensed up slightly, almost jerking away…but her kiss was over quickly and it didn’t hurt. Still, he moved them out of the way. She was just being affectionate and he appreciated that she wasn’t put off by his self-harming, but his fresh scars were becoming an insecurity to him and he wished he could forget they were there at all. And he wished he had never started. More than that, he wished he could stop.

Their closeness and hushed voices coupled with the tiredness made the interaction feel as intimate as if it were the middle of the night. Syd felt as if he could just take her in his arms and fall asleep right then and there. His mouth hung open slightly as his breathing grew slower and steadier, and his swollen, red eyes followed hers. She demonstrated her endless love and understanding by reassuring him that together they would find a way to lessen his pain and his compulsion to harm himself, reminding him that he wasn’t alone. Though his brain couldn’t formulate the words to express it, he felt immensely grateful to have her.

When she turned her head into her shoulder, Syd gently caught her cheek in his hand and caressed it with his thumb. He could tell she was in pain, too, and he understood that it was from having to see him in such a bad way…but her words of reassurance had reached him somewhere deep and so he didn’t fret this time over making her sad. He believed her when she expressed her love for him and that she wanted to help him, and so even though he would usually get that voice in his head telling him to kill himself to make other people’s lives easier, this time the voice didn’t appear.

Thomas, who had been sitting quietly a short distance away, came over and knelt beside Roxie when Syd addressed him. Seeing them on the floor made him feel like he ought to get down to their level, too, but he didn’t really have the energy to move. The tears in his brother’s eyes weren’t too unfamiliar to him; while Thomas tended to shut himself away when he was struggling, the trauma he brought home with him from Iran was impossible to fully hide. It always hurt to see his little brother in pain but it also made him want to protect him even more. Syd listened as the man explained how different their situations were given the age difference and how that sometimes caused them to be out of sync. It was true that Syd missed him…they both seemed to always have a lot to deal with and somewhere along the way they had stopped helping each other. Despite everything, however, Thomas still expressed faith in their relationship and told him he was the best brother he could have asked for, adding that it wasn’t too late to still be brothers. With fresh tears in his eyes, Syd nodded his head. “I like that,” he whispered, and put a hand on Thomas’ shoulder. “We will always be brothers, T. And if you don’t wanna share, that’s okay, I won’t make you…but I can be there for you in other ways. Whatever you want. Let’s just never lose each other, okay?”

After speaking with Roxie and his brother, Syd felt a lot calmer, if not a little faint from not eating or drinking enough. He was just about to try and head to the drinks table when there came a light knock on the door and Natasha stepped in. The look on her face sent a wave of anxiety to course through him. “Everything okay?” he asked quietly, reaching up to wipe the remaining tears from his eyes. She told them that she and Leo had an announcement that they were about to make in the next room that might cheer them up a bit. She soon left to give them time to follow if they wanted to, and Syd looked between Roxie and Thomas. “Shall we go see what it is?” he asked them, cluelessly. “Could use some good news today.”

Syd stood carefully from his seat, the expected dizziness and nausea hitting him almost instantly. He leaned on the armrest with eyes closed until it passed, and then he took Roxie’s hand and slowly walked out of the room and into the conservatory. Everyone seemed to have moved there; Sinead, Conor, Aliana, Blake and Leo among them. Syd wondered if Natasha and Leo had made some sort of tribute to James and the thought made him a little nervous, knowing that whatever it was would set him off again. He had had enough of crying and frankly he was getting keen to just go to bed.

Interactions
Bellz Bellz Roxie, Thomas, Natasha, Blake
Misty Gray Misty Gray Conor, Sinead
Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Leo, Aliana

Porter Family Home
~Sutton, Dublin~
Aliana & Leo Sullivan
Allen Cartwright

smiling-clay-spenser.gif

"Am I okay," Ali excitedly repeated. "Of course I'm okay!" This was what she saw a few months ago when she sat in the forest bleeding out. Her son growing up and starting a family and doing it all with Natasha. What started out as a dream was becoming a reality and Aliana couldn't be happier. Though a part of her was about to begin worrying about everything else she wouldn't let that put a damper on things; not when Natasha looked as worried as she had. She wanted them to sit in this excitement for as long as they had. They definitely deserved to after the year they'd had. "There's so much we're gonna have to start taking care of," Ali pressed the base of her hand against her forehead. "I mean, so much. You can raid the attic for all of the baby stuff you might need and whatever we don't have someone in this family will and-,"

Leo let Ali ramble to herself for a moment, tuning her out as he focused on Natasha. As excited as he felt there was no denying that he was scared too. Scared of the future and what it held for them. What - if anything - would change. Would he? Would their relationship? And did this whole thing change his mind about his decision to learn the ropes so he could take over for his father one day? There were so many things he needed to think about and discuss and plan but he would be able to do that later. When he and Natasha were alone then they could discuss it all in private. Until then he was going to remain here, present, with the woman he'd fallen so head over heels for. Natasha McCarthy may have been the one who fell first but damned if Leo Sullivan didn't fall harder. She was everything to him and when he thought about it he couldn't believe it took him so long to see it. So long to hold her in his arms the way he was now. And it didn't matter this his mother was standing a few feet away now silently observing how happy they made each other, he didn't see her. He only saw Natasha.
tumblr_inline_pcpqq7w0Yt1tkzrhy_250.gifv

"Alright lovebirds," Ali gently interrupted, "Come, come, come!" She walked ahead of them, her feet taking her toward where she remembered most people being. Behind her Leo had been starting to move only to pause when grabbed by Nat. He leaned down to kiss her, holding onto her hands and he didn't want to let go. The feeling surging through his body wasn't one he could even try to explain, but that was true love wasn't it? When it was real there weren't enough words in any dictionary to help describe it. And when it wasn't you filled a sentence with empty adjectives. Leo would do no such thing. "I love you too," he whispered once they were apart. She then told him he was right and just as he was about to tease her about it she took off. "Don't think I'm not using that against you later!" He walked after her. Just as they'd run into Blake, Allen rounded the corner as well. "Grandpa Al," Leo said, leaving Natasha to talk to Blake. "C'mon, we've got news."

21758e9b7445c739695364cf29043dcf.gif
Allen tilted his head to the side, looking between Aliana, Natasha, and Leo just as confused as Blake be hesitantly replying, "Oooookay." Blake asked if she was going to need a drink and Ali immediately shook her head. "Oh you're gonna wanna be sober for this one - trust me!" Ali then took Blake's arm in her own as they were led by both Leo and Natasha, Allen following right behind them. "Time for a change then, Blake, darling," Ali teased before leaning over to peck her cheek. "Ohhhh but you're gonna love this one as much as I clearly, clearly do," she turned to look at her father following behind them. "You too, Dad." Allen gave her a small smile before nodding his head. "Based on that smile o' yours, Marie, I think I will."

The air in the room felt a bit tense but with the news and knowledge Ali and Leo had they didn't let it weigh on them. Natasha took the lead making sure it was okay they interrupted. Ali knew this was a day of mourning and the last thing she wanted to do was interrupt it. But she just knew that if they heard the news that their spirits would be lifted. A new addition to the family just when they'd lost one felt symbolic. Father Healy would probably say something about its semblance but he wasn't there so.

"Oh, it's not my surprise to share," Ali stated when the question was turned to her. Instead, she moved to be beside Conor placing her hand on his shoulder. She glanced at him with a soft smile on her face. Though she was excited about the news her son was about to share, she was still aware of how her husband had been feeling. She silently asked him if he were okay as Leo get the room's attention. Ali slowly tore her attention away from Conor before looking at Leo with a wide smile on her face. Leo gave it a few more moments before he finally started to explain what all the fuss was about. "Well," Leo started, grabbing onto Natasha's hand. It was his turn to feel nervous about it now. Struggle to spit it out. He wasn't sure how the rest of the room was going to take the news. Even if he knew he had his mother's support, it was his father's he was after. "We um," he let out a hesitant chuckle. "Natasha and I are... Having a baby. We're pregnant. She- she's pregnant."

The Porter Family Home
~ Sutton, Dublin ~

Conor Sullivan and Sinead Callahan

Conor had looked up ahead to notice the once quieter conservatory was suddenly attracting more members of his family. Seeing his wife, son, father-in-law, and others approaching, an invisible lump formed in his throat. Whilst he had no reason to suspect they had any clue about Interpol, it was still difficult sitting there facing so many loved ones. With the knowledge he had weighing on his shoulders, it was hard not to feel guilty for the secrecy and not to feel worried about what the future held for them all. Regardless he sent them all a smile. Despite the sombre day, it was good to be in the presence of those he cared most about.

Having seen Aliana meet Conor's gaze, Sinead got up from her spot beside him and moved to stand alongside Allen, giving him a soft smile. Conor watched Aliana as she sat beside him and put her hand on his shoulder. Catching her smile, he returned one of his own, but the puzzled expression on his face made it clear he was suspicious of why so many people had suddenly gathered. He nodded his head to confirm he was okay, having picked up in her silent concern. "What's going on?" he quietly asked her. However, they were soon distracted and diverted to look in Leo's direction.

Conor could see his son was nervous as he took Natasha's hand. He looked directly at him, willing him to say whatever it was he was struggling with. Was he about to announce he and Natasha were engaged? When Leo finally spat it out, a smile grew on Conor's face, but something was holding him back from expressing just how happy he really felt about the news. It was nothing to do with his promise to Jackson that he would protect Natasha, not when Leo was probably the person he most trusted with her. In the back of his head, he knew it was the Interpol mess that was holding him back. The knowledge that he had no clue what was going to happen to his family and whether they'd all still be together in a few days, never mind if he'd get to meet his new grandchild and watch them grow up. He wished he knew what the future held for them. However, as he saw Leo's and Natasha's hopeful faces, he knew he couldn't leave them hanging like that.

After briefly rubbing the back of Aliana's hand and sending Lucy a gentle glance, Conor stood up and approached the young couple. He wasn't sure if the pregnancy was planned or not, but both seemed happy and he was going to roll with it considering he was excited by the news himself. He first put his arm around Natasha and gently rubbed her back before placing a kiss on the top of her head. He then focused his attention on Leo and pulled his son in for a firm hug, patting his back as he did. After a short time he eventually released his son but kept his hands on his shoulders for a moment as he looked him in the eyes. "You've got this," he quietly assured him. He then let go of Leo and shared his attention between him and Natasha. "Congratulations, you two. I'm suited for you both. I'm made up. You'll both make great parents," he said, bringing his hand to his face to catch the stray tears that escaped. Whilst he would normally crack a joke or two, he was aware everyone's time together was limited and no matter what happened, he wanted Leo to know he had his support and that be believed in him. "This is great news," he added, turning to Aliana to see how she was feeling. In his heart, he believed Jackson would be happy for them too, but he stopped short of mentioning his old best friend given that it was Blake's place to speak of Natasha's father. He maintained his smile as he took a step back to let the others congratulate them and share their own sentiments.

Pyroclast Pyroclast Bellz Bellz Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess

The Wedding in the Park

Bruce and Billy King

1680308019614-png.1077663
The photographs the Harper had taken perfectly documented the ceremony. Just from looking at them, nobody would be able to tell that the wedding had been thrown together in just a fortnight; the whole thing was beautiful and just as Bruce and Darcey wanted it, and Harper had done it justice with her photography skills. Bruce smiled as Darcey softly admired how her dress had turned out in one of the pictures, looking down at it before turning his attention to her. She really did glow in orange. "Radiant as the settin' sun," he complimented, and kissed her on the temple. Rather than respond, Darcey instead drew his attention to another photograph, teasing him about looking terrified. "Ah, trick o' the light, my dear," he said with a sheepish chuckle. And when she turned to him with tears in her eyes and asked him if she had always been the emotional kind, he smiled at her and said, "As long as those are happy tears - I won't have no one upsettin' my bride on our wedding day!"

Billy was enjoying looking at all the photographs that Harper had taken, but his hand remained close to one in particular that made his heart melt. He tuned out of the conversation as he picked it up and let him gaze at it: the focus was on Erik, the golden sun bouncing off his skin, highlighting his handsome smile. Charlie was in his arms, fingers in his mouth and gazing up at Erik. His boys. That was his new family - the love of his life and the miracle baby he never knew he would have. They were so perfect and so beyond Billy's dreams that even looking at the photograph he couldn't quite believe it. "Can I have this?" he asked Harper, showing her the polaroid. It would fit perfectly in his wallet - then again, if that ever get stolen... No, it was safer being framed back at home. Either way, he was about to cherish that photograph for the rest of his life, as he would his boys.

1680308171019-png.1077665
Bruce and Darcey were both expressing their gratitude and pride towards him and his sister, and once Billy had stowed the photograph away in his wallet for now, he looked up at them and smiled, trying not to blush at their compliments. Darcey made the point that while neither his nor Harper's ventures into parenthood had been planned, neither had hers and Bruce's. That struck him, having not made that comparison before, and it filled him with confidence about what was ahead for him. After all, his aunt and uncle had been the best parental figures he could have wished for. She went on to gush about how great they would both be as parents, and Billy found himself gazing over at Erik again, who was sitting at another table with his son - their son - in his arms. His leg began to gently bounce up and down as he watched them. Billy had always been fairly self-assured in most areas of his life, but romance had never been one of them - until now. Despite what Erik had recently done to him, he had never felt more sure of anything in his life, and with Darcey going on about how perfect they would be as parents, Billy knew he had made the right decision. "I'll, um - I just have to go and do something," he announced, standing up. "I'll come and see you again in a bit. Harper, those photos are beautiful." He kissed the top of his sister's head as he passed her, and then headed over to Erik's table.

"I need to borrow you a minute," he softly commanded, when he reached him. "You can bring Charlie, too, I don't mind, I just...I need you to come with me, over here." After briefly greeting the rest of the table, Billy put his hands in his pockets and led Erik to the edge of the party, over by some trees. His heart was in his throat and when he turned to look up at Erik, he realised he was a bit nervous. Taking a deep breath, Billy retrieved the photograph of Erik holding Charlie before holding it out to show him. "Look at this," he said. "You two, together." He paused for a bit, shifting between his feet as he struggled to find the words he wanted to say. "I never knew I could have this, Erik. I mean, I guess I never really knew who I was until you came along, but I still never imagined that I'd end up with someone I loved so much, raising a child together. It's better than any life I thought I'd end up with - better than anythin' I ever dreamed."

He slotted the photograph carefully back into his wallet and then placed a hand on the small of Erik's back, drawing him close. "And I guess with everythin' that's been goin' on, it got me thinking...You can laugh if you want, or say no if you hate the idea, but..." He looked out across the party, the bridal party and groomsmen all in their beautiful coordinated outfits, everyone with smiles on their faces. "I want this," he admitted, looking into Erik's eyes. "I know it ain't conventional - or even legal - but that's us all over, innit?" A small laugh escaped him, which then softened into a smile. "Erik, I want to marry you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you and raise our little son together, live in our big candle house by the Thames."

Letting go of Erik, Billy raised his hands and removed a ring from his finger. It was special to him, one that Bruce had given to him on his 18th birthday - but Erik deserved special. "Erik Snowden," he said, his cheeks glowing pink as he smiled nervously. "Will you wear this ring, and be mine forever?"

Interactions
Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Darcey, Erik
Bellz Bellz Harper

The Porter Family Home
~ Sutton, Dublin ~

Syd Porter

tumblr_818de5cfe1d4c908d8fdb6eb3972d039_629dd17b_540.gifThere were plenty of things a family announcement could be about, but when it came to a happy young couple such as Natasha and Leo, anyone would naturally assume one of three things: moving in together, getting engaged, or becoming pregnant. Syd, however, was so weighed down by grief and fatigue that he lacked the energy to even take a guess. So when he heard the word ‘baby’ fall from Leo’s mouth, it came as a complete surprise. It was like a switch had been flicked inside his mind; his heart rate picked up and his energy levels suddenly piqued as adrenaline flooded through him.

“Pregnant?” he echoed Leo’s words. His Uncle Conor had made his way over to them to express his praise and support, and Aliana had a tearful smile on her face. Syd turned to look at Roxie, whose hand he held in his. “They’re having a baby?” he asked, needing confirmation from her. His eyes hadn’t quite dried from before and now they pricked with tears once more - happy ones, this time.

Not even realising that Blake hadn’t had her chance to respond yet, Syd found himself marching over to Natasha and he flung his arms around her. For a while, all he could do was hold her in a tight embrace, but eventually he released her and cupped her face in his hands. He saw Jackson in her eyes and a tear fell down his cheek. “You ever need anything, you can call me, okay?” he offered firmly, nodding his head at her. “I - I promised your dad I’d take care of you, and…and that goes for your little one, too. He would be so proud.” His breath hitched as a sob threatened to escape him and he pressed his lips to her forehead before moving away from her. In all the excitement, he had begun to tremble again, his emotions building up and up - but instead of a sob, a loud laugh burst out of him. He stumbled over to Leo and swept him into a big hug. “You’re gonna be a dad!” he exclaimed, leaning back to set his tearful eyes on him and resting a hand on Leo’s chest. Between the exhaustion and the hours of outpouring emotions, Syd felt almost drunk. “It’s the best thing in the world,” he told him. “There’s nothing in life more rewarding than raising a kid, Leo. You gotta cherish every moment, okay? You’ll do that?”

When he eventually allowed Blake the space to go to them, Syd looked around for someone else to express his excitement to and found his Aunt Aliana and Uncle Conor. A huge smile spread across his face, tears still spilling from his eyes, and he came over and took her hands. “Did you hear that?” he gushed, beginning to sob through the uncontrollable smile on his face. “They’re gonna be parents! They’re gonna be parents, like you and me are, and there’s gonna be another little baby…and it - it’ll be so small, like my little Lucia, and they can grow up together and - and they’ll have the happiest little life because they’ll have this amazing, amazing family to love them!”

Interactions
Bellz Bellz Natasha, Roxie, Thomas, Lucy + anyone else around
Misty Gray Misty Gray Conor, Sinead + anyone else around
Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess Leo, Aliana + anyone else around

Two Days before the Raid

lucas-bravo.gif
Klaus hadn’t stopped pacing, causing Wesley to just watch him, his own knee bouncing up and down. The German hadn’t said anything. They had separated from the other agents, who had all gone out to get drinks before their last round of check-ins, but some of them had decided to stay behind. Those who had said they would rather focus on the mission instead of get pissed at the pubs. “Jesus fuckin’ Christ, mate! Say somethin’!” Wesley finally said, causing a group of 10 to look at him openly. The man stared back, eyes narrowing, “I’m only sayin’ what we all are thinkin’ alright? Man has been pacin’ like a cat for the last 10 minutes. I’d rather hear one of his inspirational speeches over this shit.” Klaus set his jaw as he finally stopped pacing, turning to look at Wesley who took notice and leaned back in his seat. They were all sitting in the apartment Klaus used in London, watching him as he continued to just stare back at them all. Finally, sighing, Klaus ran his hands over his face and said, “Two days from now, we are going to do something that…a lot of us here didn’t sign up for.” His accent was a bit thicker as his throat tightened.

“When I joined…the agencies mission statement was clear, to work together with international law enforcement to protect the innocent and protect against crime.” Klaus looked a few of his colleagues in the eye, specifically Wesley, Thea, and Rory. “But lately, our agency has fallen to ruins, no longer able to see who the innocent are and who the criminals are. Higher-ups being bought by those who can pay the right price and set those who should be behind bars free…while those who merely made mistakes…are locked away.” Klaus’s eyes met Wesley and the young man’s expression grew dark. “I joined nearly 10 years ago now, you are all new enough not to be controlled by the money…by the jargon. We have one job, two days from now…”

Klaus looked between the 10 people, “Half will stay, and half will go to Ireland. We have worked tirelessly to get this far, to get these innocents the escape they deserve. They all might not be innocent…but this move could bring about change. Stop a pattern dead in its tracks.” His jaw set, feeling another stress headache coming on just thinking about the plans again, but they needed to be gone over in its completion once more. “The identification packets have been distributed, with everything they will need, new passports, IDs, birth certificates…you name it. All in correlation with where they will end up and call home. It is imperative that they end up where they belong, and that they get the right IDs. That they all end up there safe and sound.” Klaus said each thing with emphasis, looking each one of his team members in the eye.

“You are a team, you work as a team. You will defer to your captain for direct orders, which for those here will be me, and for those in Ireland will be Thea and Wesley respectively in case something happens to the other.” Klaus looked at the two of them and smiled, or at least tried to…it came across as a little uneasy. “You have trained for this, work tirelessly to get here. We get in, get out…burn the evidence.”
30 MINUTES PRIOR
~ Sutton, Dublin ~
Wesley Roberts

tumblr_inline_p026eo3dmI1sirj9i_250.gifv
Wesley was already anxious as hell. Why? Well because the last time he’d even stepped remotely close to Ireland had been when he was in prison. Didn’t matter if it was just Ireland and not Northern Ireland, he was still spooked. Not to mention they were going to do this raid on the day of a fucking funeral. “Don’t you think it’s like…a sin or somethin’ to kill people the same day they bury someone else,” Wesley asked Thea in the large van that carried them all. The man to his left, while Thea sat on Wesley’s right, scoffed and Wesley looked to him, “If ya have something to say, Leslie ole boy, just common out and say it. Quit sprayin’ it all over me.” Wesley seethed, causing the gap-toothed idiot to grin widely. “As if these freaks believe in some sort of higher power anyway, that mobster asshole is probably six feet under and burning in the deepest part of hell with all the crimes he committed.” The moron said and for some reason, that struck Wesley in a sore spot.

He was ready to knock the mophead sideways through the van like a looney tune but knew that he had to keep his cool. He had a job to do, much more important and much different from the one Leslie had. Deciding to take the high road, Wesley gave the man a disgusted look before saying, “Who the fuck was talkin’ to ya anyways?” The man mumbled something but Wesley was already tuning him out, just focusing on his own mission as he looked to Thea, wondering how she was doing in all of this. Wesley had originally wanted to be in London. And no, it wasn’t to get away from Ireland…though that was a small reason. His cheeks grew warm thinking about the reason why, a certain blonde face flashing through his mind.

Wesley had been trying to get her face out of his head for weeks, desperately doing anything and everything he could to distract himself. Even noticeably taking on extra work, much to his superiors' delight. But no matter what he did, her face was forever branded in his head. But not just that, but the way she smiled, the way her soulful eyes looked back at others. Harper King left quite a mark on him that Wesley just couldn’t explain, and he hadn’t even said one word to the woman.

If he hadn’t been assigned to keep tabs on the Kings, Wesley would have thought himself a stalker, especially the infatuation he developed with her. But there was just something about her, something so…absolute. Wesley had read her file, knew her history…how dark it was, but up until recently, you would never have been able to tell. The way she carried herself showed the resilience and courage she had, the perseverance to continue on and not give up. But she seemed stuck, or lost maybe? Just existing and going with the motions. He knew what that was like and maybe that was why he found her so intriguing.

His thoughts were quickly put to rest, not having to think about it too hard for too long when the van pulled over to the side of the road, just half a mile away from the Porters' house. Taking a deep breath, he followed the others out of the van and looked at Thea. Thea wasn’t in charge of the overall mission on this end, just in charge of her small group of rebels so Wesley kept constantly checking in as her second in command so to speak. The other three had been back at the base, not the one they were planning to take the Porters and Sullivans to, but the actual Interpol base. Ready to take in the prisoners when they were apprehended, but that moment would never arrive. Instead, the three other team members would retrieve the other vans from the base after taking out the few agents that remained there and insist that they were ordered to meet at the location instead with the intended drivers to not cause any suspicion and go from there. It had to work, it would work. Wesley didn’t have any other choice in believing otherwise at this point. “Team One, Let’s go.” A voice said into his earpiece and Wesley looked towards the van before turning to Thea, knowing that she might get nervous the man cracked a small smile. Nodding his head towards her once, that was all he could say as orders were barked at him, urging him to get into the van.

Not wanting to blow the plan wide open before it even started, Wesley ground his teeth and got in. As they inched close to the Porters’ home, Wesley counted down in his head, trying to slow his breathing, reciting the plan that Klaus had so carefully orchestrated in his head.

Blake McCarthy
Natasha McCarthy

Feat. Roxie Carriveau
The Porter Residence

~ Sutton, Dublin ~

06fc27d645153e74158801355ef0b7dc.jpg
Blake raised a brow, unsure of what to make of all the secrecy surrounding such news over her daughter and Leo though her heart fluttered in her chest. For years her eldest had put on the bravest of faces for her and her brother after losing her father, never letting that beautiful smile of hers falter. Blake never asked her to hide her feelings of pain, never asked her to just be happy, overly so. But Natasha always kept her head up even in the darkest moments for her little family, something Jackson had done for the Sullivans time and time again. Which is what Blake had loved about him more than anything. She was aware, however, just how much she missed him, just how much pain had been hidden behind that smile that had been a perfect mix of her own and her father's. Her eyes were Jackson's, couldn't hide it on milestones that would be forever missed, like birthdays, holidays....his death anniversary. Seeing her daughter genuinely smile the way she was now, made hers swell with so much love that when Ali said she would want to be sober, Blake believed her.

As they all gathered in the room, everyone had a look of confusion or concern on their face and Blake looked to her daughter, who continued to look pleased even as Leo started to look a little more nervous. Ali told the room it wasn't her surprise to share and Leo grabbed Nat's hand, which Natasha squeeze reassuringly now, offering the same amount of support he gave her back in the other room. "It's okay." She said, barely a whisper to encourage him, a fond smile with nothing but love in her eyes and Blake had a feeling she knew what was coming. It could be one of two things but either way, she wouldn't be upset. She had decided a while back that Leo was enough for Nat. The Sullivan family had been there for her and her family far before Jackson died and when he passed they were the rock that kept them together. Leo was perfect for her daughter.

Finally, the young man broke the news of Natasha being pregnant and Blake's face broke out into a smile, her hands going to cup her mouth as tears burned her eyes. While she had vaguely expected it, the fact that Leo confirmed that her baby was having a baby of her own brought tears to her eyes nonetheless. Given Leo announced it, Blake held back, but her legs also had been unable to move. Her own heavy anxiety held her there for the time being. Adam was the love of her life now, her moon and her stars, her ending and her beginning but that night Jackson had died came to the forefront of her mind...when Blake was ready to make an announcement of her own to him. She hadn't noticed the hesitation in Conor's reaction but when he finally did move forward to embrace them, Blake had to turn away for a moment. It all felt a little too familiar for a moment. This was their moment and she wouldn't ruin it with her crying, but she just hoped, as she was sure Natasha had after she expressed her fears to Leo...that things would turn out differently for the couple than they had for Blake. Adam, of course, had been that positive in her life that came after the tragedy that was Jackson McCarthy's Death...but for over a decade Blake suffered...she couldn't bear to think of her daughter doing the same thing.

310e7d7690d500cd7b45fc78cb70e7c3 (1).jpeg
Syd's words had caught her attention, turning she could see the excitement suddenly bubbling up in his expression. Roxie nodded to confirm the words, "They are, Syd." She smiled at him, giving his hand a squeeze. Blake hadn't seen him look at anyone like that in so long and her heart once again felt so full. It seemed like Roxie and he was working things through and Blake felt bad for not having caught up with him in a while, but she silently vowed to make more of an effort. While Blake vowed that, Roxie's heart dropped in her stomach, trying to keep her composure as she watched Conor process everything. They were the only ones who knew that this was all going to turn out for the worst soon. When? They didn't know. But soon. The light in Syd's eyes was enough for her to hang onto at that moment, however, watching as he walked over to Natasha and Leo to congratulate them.

Natasha had smiled thanking Conor as he told them they'd make great parents, but when he said it was great news, she noticed something was off. She didn't have time to really sit there and think more about it before Syd was there. "Hey!" She laughed sweetly, as he threw his arms around her hugging her tightly. Reaching on her tiptoes, Nat hugged him tightly in return and pressed a kiss to his cheek, knowing this news would mean so much to him and how hard of a time he had recently. When he released her, he cupped her face and just looked into her eyes, which she returned. Stupid hormones made her bottom lip tremble and Nat tried to pull it together, "You can expect 3 am phone calls when this one won't budge." Nat said, eyes rolling towards Leo her tone teasing. Syd said he promised her dad that he'd take care of her, and Nat gave a lopsided grin when he mentioned that applied to her baby as well. When he said that he'd be so proud of her, her eyes got wide with more tears, "You don't know how much that means to me." Nat whispered, her eyes closing lightly as he pressed a kiss to her forehead. Syd and her hadn't had much time to talk, with his life being pretty busy, raising a family, working, and dealing with his own heartache...but Natasha respected him for his loyalty to her family. In fact, all of the Sullivans were so loyal to them, and even though she'd lost her dad, she had so many wonderful father figures in her life to make up for it. Including Adam who she thought was wonderful for her mother. Watching Syd get excited with Leo about raising a kid, and with Conor and Ali's reaction...Natasha knew she had everyone she needed...everyone Leo and she needed to raise this kid.

Blake wanted to move forward to offer her own congratulations, to give them words of encouragement. But she was still glued to the spot she was standing at. Unable to take her eyes off of the young couple as she watched her daughter's smile, wide and beautiful, so young and full of life, Leo's prideful and loving looks he gave her as if she was the only thing in his universe. It was all she wanted for Natasha. It was all Jackson wanted for her too. They had even talked about somehow getting the kids set up to like each other so that they could infiltrate their way into the family someday...joking of course. And look at that, "They did it." Blake found herself saying to him...even if he wasn't there, it was moments like this, she could still feel him.

wp1934598.jpeg
"Mamm? Mam!" Blake blinked suddenly, realizing she was caught in the act of staring at her husband by their daughter. "Why are you staring at Dad like that? It's weird!" Natasha complained and Blake let out a breathless laugh, her cheeks turning red as she caught Jackson's eyes. "Because I love him so much!" She told her daughter to which the girl made a disturbed face. "Ewwww." She said and Blake rolled her eyes.

Blake wanted to tell him, she was so excited about the news...but as much as she loved her daughter, she figured it would be best to tell Jackson in private about their new little gift wanting to make sure they could break the news to Natasha together.
As he looked up with a bright smile, he felt Blake's deep blue eyes connect with his. With Natasha's comment, Jackson chuckled, nodding his head in agreement. "Oh, go easy on your mother, Tash. I don't make it easy for her," he winked at Blake, his hand trailing across the table to hers. "You both make my life so much easier. I mean it," he said, his tone turning a little more serious. "What kinda' family would drop what they were doin' and move halfway across the world to spend time with their daddy?" He looked at both of them with a tender smile. "Best in the world, I tell you that," He said without slight uncertainty.

Blinking, Blake realized that the best family in the world had been redefined for her and her kids. She would never be able to thank any of these people in her life enough. She was so excited for her daughter and herself, as they were both going to start new chapters now but would never forget the man who gave them everything, to begin with. Stepping forward, she was just about to tell her daughter just how proud of her she was, opening her arms to both Leo and Natasha as her daughter smiled widely at her mother when tires screeched outside and a loud bang could be heard coming from the gate. "WHAT THE HELL?!" Blake said, screaming out without really thinking about any kids around. Roxie turned to look at Conor who she knew would know what was happening. "Conor, the bags!"

“YER LIKE A FUCKIN’ COCKROACH!” Wesley growled from behind a hedge on the outside of Porter's house, his gun firmly wrapped around Leslie’s neck as he tried to choke him quietly. They had managed to let the rest of the team take out the guards on the outside without attention being drawn, it took all of 5 minutes, then Wesley and Thea along with a few others took out their own. But Leslie just had to be the last man standing. “Fuck you!” Leslie gasped out and Wesley threw him to the ground, using the gun around his neck to lift him high off the ground before slamming him into the dirt. The man’s back hit the dirt and the air was knocked from his lungs. He couldn’t use his gun, it would draw too much attention. Instead, Wesley straddled him, throwing his gun to the side and wrapping his hands around the man’s neck and squeezing until he could feel the thin bones in it started to snap. He thought he was gonna be sick, a wave of nausea overcame him and the world spun as Leslie grabbed and clawed at his arms trying to push him off. Tears burned his eyes, squeezing them shut and finally, he squeezed harder shaking the man as he heard a sickening snap. Leslie stopped moving and all was silent.

Wesley quickly stood from his seated position, bouncing on his feet. Grabbing his walkie, he looked around him. “Perimeter secure, moving in for extermination.” He said, still playing his part as if he was moving in to mow down an entire family full of people mourning the loss of a loved one. Wesley rushed back towards the van, knowing the others would be there any minute. They only had thirty minutes.

Getting into the driver's seat, Wesley waited for Thea to get into the passenger seat. “Ready?” He asked, taking a deep breath, and looking at the blonde for a moment as he started the vehicle. “Seatbelts.” She was most likely giving her a ridiculous look but he didn’t fucking care, “Safety first, Thea, safety first. Now let’s get these roaches to safety.” With that, he punched and rounded around the hedges where they had hidden the van, lined it up with the gates of Porter's home, and punched the gas, ramming through the gates at an accelerated speed and coming to a screeching halt inside the driveway. Several other vans followed behind within a minute, much to Thea and Wesley’s relief, unsure if the rest had made it. There were others who were not a part of their little plan in the vans with them but, all in the details baby…they would be taken care of soon. ”Go go go!” Wesley said to Thea, leaving the keys in the ignition as he undid his seatbelt and grabbed his weapon before leaping out of his driver's seat, and shoving the door.

The guards on the inside were outnumbered, taken out in a matter of a minute or two with the tactical team having studied their vantage points for weeks. Wesley didn’t pay much attention as he made it to the front door. Without much thought, the man used his large booted foot to kick the door in, hearing screams and shouts, he cringed, knowing he just traumatized an already grieving family full of women and small children. “Ladies first!” He shouted to Thea, letting her go in first, a friendly face, well sorta, in all of the chaos, hopefully, one that wouldn’t get them shot on the spot as they entered the home. Wesley drew his weapon, but didn’t point it at any of the Porters, “All right everyone! I’m gonna need ya to put your hands up where we can see them! High and Dry! No fuckin’ funny business! We’re here on account of your own government and other international agencies. Anyone shoots, we shoot back.” Wesley followed where Thea did while keeping an eye on people who were not a part of their team.

People who wouldn’t hesitate to shoot children or women. One such dick was aiming their gun at one of the kids. A small 5-year-old girl by the looks of it was screaming and crying for her mother. “Fuckin’ point that away from her!” Welsey growled, unable to help it as he looked at the poor child in distress but the woman didn’t move her aim, “What ya daft?” He could feel his anger boiling beneath his skin, which he’d worked hard to carefully control up until now. These people were terrified. Their own guns draw.

2ca9ac3acbc95f8cc11214f3a2c518a6.jpg
Making their way towards the conservatory, Wesley saw a group of people he only recognized in pictures Thea pointed out before Conor Sullivan and Roxie Carriveau. The only people who knew about this raid. “Tell yer men to back down!” Wesley said, his Irish accent a little thicker as his emotions made his throat tighten, looking between Conor and Roxie. “We don’t want to hurt no one!” That sentence was all too soon followed up by one of the Porter guards drawing their guns, ready to shoot, causing one of the other Interpol agents not involved in Wesley and Thea’s team to shoot, killing him. Wesley quickly turned, shooting the agent in the head before he could even think, or breathe. “Oh fuckin’ hell!” He suddenly said, turning to look at Thea, then Roxie, then Conor.

“If your family wants to make it out of here alive, you have to come with us. We’ll take care of the others. Just get the rest to get into the vans!” Wesley said, looking at the three of them and Roxie turned to look at the others. Lucy was on her feet, shaking like a leaf, pale as could be and Roxie was moving towards Syd who was no doubt going to freak as her hands reached out towards Lucy. Her husband's funeral party had been ruined. She could not imagine the pain. Her chest ached. But right now she was in survival mode if they were all going to get out alive. "Look, we can explain everything, Conor and I can but we have to get out of here, okay? You have to trust us. Thea and...uh, this guy. Are here to help. Conor?" She said, looking to him for guidance, he was boss after all, head of the family. He was the voice of reason. It was his job. By this point, the other agents were taking to their own and rounding up the rest of the family members, the kids, and all and leading them to safety into the conservatory. Roxie was trying to remain calm but then she heard Lucia's cries causing her to look to Thea and Wesley, "I have to go upstairs." She said firmly and Wesley looked towards Thea, who was technically in charge of the mission. "We can't-'" "It wasn't a request." The older brunette said, her voice deep as she stared at Thea as if Wesley didn't even exist. He understood the urgency, the baby upstairs screaming away. Shit. "Alright alright, but no one else fuckin' leaves! Come on!" Roxie looked to Syd and Conor, "I'll be right back. Get them out. Get the bags."
with: EVERYONE Misty Gray Misty Gray ; Pyroclast Pyroclast Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess BasDorcha BasDorcha neverbackdown neverbackdown The End is near....

Last edited:
Two Days Before The Raid
Agent Aurora Walsh
3b79ec44a00b9941dc58df3a6fae2021.jpg

The CIA had never been a clean organization; Aurora knew this. She’d seen first hand just how villainous they were and the lengths they’d go through for their own specific gains. The first indication she’d had of how…Morally corrupt they had been during training. Her training had been… Specific. Undercover work. Fitting in where she didn’t belong and yet making it seem like she did. Making connections that seemed deeper than what they actually were to earn the trust of her targets. With most people, such a training task would’ve been difficult. You had to break someone down before building them back up and mold them into the agent you wanted them to be. But for Agent Walsh it was different. She was already broken and the CIA appeared in her life at just the right time. Just when she was looking for a way out. But Aurora wasn’t a moron. She knew the CIA didn’t really care about her. All the cuts and scrapes and bruises; the broken bones and tests showed her that much. But they gave her a purpose. A reason to keep on breathing when she didn’t want to anymore and therefore felt like she owed them at least for a little while. So when she was told her first job was joining a team in the UK she agreed with little to no pushback and was on the first flight there.

Meeting her teammates had been interesting. Klaus appeared to be just like any other leader. Confident, meticulous. Ruled with an iron fist. Nothing out of the ordinary. And then there were those he ruled over. Rory wasn’t the kind of person who normally worked with such a big group. Really she preferred to work alone but in desperate times and all that. Thea hadn’t seemed like a reliable sort of ally. Emotional, easily skittish. Rory wondered how such a girl was even placed in a predicament like this. Every meeting they sat in with each other she looked like she was going to piss herself and yet was given the undercover assignment over Rory; which, she wasn’t upset about. Thea was better with people than Rory and it showed. Surveillance was just interesting when you knew how to make it so. Wesley, she thought, was harder to peg down. Other than the annoyingly high energy he radiated off his person, there wasn’t much to be said. Well, that and that he was attractive. Wesley looked to be capable enough to her though which was more than she could say for a lot of them. Perhaps, she thought to herself, the team wasn’t so bad and things would work out properly.

“We’re what?” The day Klaus told her what they were really doing she was… Conflicted, to say the least. Helping the very people they were investigating? That they were supposed to be herding up like cattle? It was laughable - which was exactly what she’d done. Keeled over with her hands on her knees she raised her index finger at him. She was trying, honestly, to stop laughing but it just sounded so ludicrous! How was this guy - this leader of their little rag-tag group of degenerates - now saying their mission was changing? That instead of rounding up the bad guys to arrest them they were helping them instead? Why? Because he and Thea had gone and fallen in love with two of them? “You’re telling me I spent 18 months as a trainee, and the other 18 doing covert work just to be asked to flip the switch?” However, the moment she said it aloud her laughing slowed and she genuinely thought about it. The past couple of weeks she’d spent with Klaus she could tell he was a different leader to the ones she was used to. They only cared about making the bosses happy and not really about their agents. They were replaceable - expendable, if you will. But when it came to Klaus it was different. He cared about his team and she could see it in the way he interacted with Wesley. A mentor to a criminal. Maybe it was because of her own broken and fucked up life that she’d suddenly come to respect and become loyal enough to him that she wouldn’t question it too much. And it was because of that that she’d found herself standing upright, hands on her hips staring at him. “Shit. I’ve thought about it and now I’m on board,” she sighed. “Ahhh, you’re a sick, sick man and I’ve no clue why I’m agreeing so. Tell me the plan before I change my mind.”

Night Before The Raid
Agent Thea Ryan
Dublin
0779aafc7a948fef7c94b0e5846e8aef.gif

Stupid, stupid girl.

So much time. Thea had so much time and so many opportunities to tell Tom the truth before today. After their time in the woods.A week ago. Two days ago. A day ago. This morning. It was smart of her not to, in terms of a logistical standpoint. She couldn’t run the risk of him doing something to jeopardize her or the plan that had been brewing. It was the reason she strongly advised Roxie and Conor against telling anyone else about Interpol. Things were so delicate, too important to be messed up so she bit the bullet. She pretended things were okay even though they weren’t. She pretended like things weren’t due to change any minute for the sake of her blossoming relationship. He would never trust her again, surely, but maybe he would see how important he was to her. How much she loved him.

The night before the raid, Thea had asked Tom to meet her at the garage. She’d been coy about her reasoning why, using that soft smile to deter him from asking any more questions. It sickened her to be using tactics she learned in training against him - Thea throwing up after he left. The whole thing did, really, especially whenever she glanced at the promise ring on her finger. No one had told her love was a risk when it came to this job. Otherwise she wouldn’t have gone along with it. Thea had called one last meeting to make sure everyone understood their jobs and their places. She’d been eyeing the clock the entire time; fidgeting with her fingers and tugging at her plaited hair. Not only was she nervous about the job but she was nervous about Tom and had Wesley not been there she was sure she’d have lost it.

As soon as the meeting was over, Thea left in a hurry. One of her teammates tried to stop her - asking if she were okay. She blew him off. Thea had more important things to worry about then. She couldn’t get caught up in a back and forth conversation. The short drive to the garage felt so long and yet she knew it wasn’t. The weight of what she had to say was weighing on her and it wouldn’t go away. She wondered if she shouldn’t tell him. Just let him get arrested and deal with the consequences later. Then he would never know she was involved. She would never show her face again and then-

No, she couldn’t do that to him. Her conscience would never have it. She’d sooner kill herself than to let him rot in cell, wondering what happened to her. She pulled up to the garage and parked just outside of it. “Tom,” she called out, once she’d entered. Though she felt Tom would never hurt her, she’d still brought her gun. It was tucked in her waist band behind her, covered by her jacket. And she hoped she wouldn’t have to use it. “Tom?”

Tom had a been on cloud nine for weeks. Thea made him float, made him feel normal, made him feel alive. He had never felt love before, real love, not like this. The days had been filled with guard work, mechanic work, and very little free time but any time he had it, he filled it with her. Over the last few days he had started to have little bells going off in his head, but he chalked it up to his own paranoid nature and let it go. Nothing was wrong, he was just trying to crash and burn the only good thing happening for him, and he wasn’t going to let himself do it. So he shoved it down, and ignored that she had been acting more and more… what? What was it exactly that she was doing that was setting off the warning? It was this thought that prevented him from saying anything outloud. She still acted the same, so why was she feeling so… different to his brain?

When Thea had asked to meet him at the garage, he agreed, not that it took a lot of convincing, he was always happy to see her. So he took a late shift and stayed behind after everyone left, working on his latest order. He was in his mechanic overalls, slid up under a car covered in grease and oil when he heard Thea enter. With a screw between his teeth and his hands working on a bolt, he didn’t immediately answer, instead hurrying to finish what was going on in front of him. A moment or two later, he finally pushed out from under the old car he had been finishing up and stood, dusting his hands on his pants as he called back to Thea, “Hey, yeah, in here.”

It had gotten dark, something he hadn’t realized as he’d run a light under the vehicle to be able to see, but outside of his space it was nothing but shadows. “Shit, sorry Thea, I didn’t realize so much time had passed. Let me get a light.” He rushed to the switches and flipped one, throwing the room into a bright state that left the eyes watering a bit. Squinting, he turned to look at her, smiling. “Okay, that’s better. Hello, beautiful.” He walked up, sliding a hand around her neck and burrowing it into her hair as he pulled her close and kissed her. “I think I like seeing you here, reminds me of working on my car together.”

Thea rounded the corner to the work area, legs peeking out from underneath a car. She quickly deduced that it was Tom based on the sound of his voice. Thea took a quick glance around the garage to make sure no one else was present. It was bad enough she had to do this with Tom she didn’t need any other distractions. She could hear and make out Tom’s figure in the dark. Once he’d turned the light on and her eyes adjusted, she took him in. He didn’t seem at all suspicious of her or anything else for that matter. Great.

Before she could get any sort of word in, he grabbed her close and placed a kiss on her lips. And for just a split second she’d forgotten why she was there. Her fingers instinctively wrapped around his wrists and she kissed him back. She couldn’t help the giggle that escaped her. When they pulled away she shook her head and gently dragged her thumb down his lip. “You’re just- so good at that,” she whispered. Tom mentioned the two of them working on his car together and she couldn’t help but reminisce with him. The frustrated grunts and clinking of tools together. The satisfying sound of the engine turning over when they were done. Even the grease stains of their skin and clothes was something endearing to look back on.

But now wasn’t the time for looking back on good times. And the moment she remembered this her smile faltered. “Tom,” she gasped, creating distance between them. “I have to tell you something and it’s important and it’s important you hear me out completely before you freak out, do you understand? Tell me you understand.” When he agreed, Thea looked down at her feet and took a deep sigh. “I just-,” she looked back up into his eyes and cradled his face delicately in her hands. “I love you, okay? I’m so so in love with you and in the beginning- it was different, yeah, but now it’s real for me. Just like it is for you.” Thea swallowed the lump forming in her throat - tongue swelling to prevent her from talking but she pushed through.

“I wasn’t honest about who I was. Not completely. I’m not- I’m not just a bartender. I’m a Special Agent with the Australian police. I’ve been assigned to Interpol to investigate the Sullivans along with a few others.” Tears welled up in Thea’s eyes as she continued searching Tom’s for any sign that he still loved her; still cared about her. “Tom th- Tom we’re moving in on your family tomorrow morning.”

Tom groaned a bit as she kissed him back, smiling into the kiss. He was crazy about her, that part had been obvious to him for ages now. Her giggle made his smile bigger, but it came crashing down when she created distance and her whole presence changed. It put him on guard, not because of her, but thinking maybe she had picked up on something around them he hadn’t. Instinctively he cast a glance around the viewable parts of the building, listening for the odd noise. When nothing happened, he turned his eyes back to her, slightly narrowed now. What was this about? Why had she suddenly changed before him? Her next words began applying a crushing pressure to his chest that grew heavier with every word she said.

It took a long moment before Tom could force himself to nod, stepping back from her and breathing deep. What was this? The moment she took his heart and stomped it? Was this what normal people felt when they were in love?

“Just say it, Thea, whatever it is, get it out.” He cut her off only to have her take his face in her hands and he stood rigidly, accepting it and preparing mentally for the worst. She professed love, yet said it was only real now, not in the beginning and he wondered how that could be. It had always been real for him. How was it not? His body grew harder against her as she continued on, before completely breaking free and beginning a quick pacing as reality set in. She was a fucking fed. A FUCKING FED. Tom ran his hands through his hair, breathing as deeply as the crushing sensation on his chest would let him. This was too much.

“A FUCKING FED, THEA?” He finally rounded, his voice louder than intended. He forced more air into his lungs, pacing a few more steps. “I’ve got to go, now, I have to tell them.” Tom looked around as if looking for his items, but his mind couldn’t slow down enough to even think about what he was doing. Where were his things? Where had he set them? Who were these others? Fuck. Tears started to stream from his eyes, his chest heaving faster and faster until he felt like he was gulping for air. He looked up at Thea and stared, pausing in all his movements. “I trusted you, I trusted you…” He had fucked up. The family, the family he was just getting to know, getting to be in with on a closer level, would never forgive him for letting a fed that close. Once they found out, he’d be lucky to be alive. The panic in him caused a tremble in his form, unable to move as he muttered mentally, stuck on the line that he’d trusted her.

Tom went rigid in her hands and Thea could feel it. She could see the change in him as soon as the truth left her lips. And it broke her heart. Her lip trembled in fear and she opened her mouth. No words came out. When he yelled at her she flinched - hand instinctively moving behind her back only stopping short when she realized who was in front of her. Tom - her Tom and he was never going to hurt her. Not even with how angry he rightfully was. She watched as he walked away from her and started to search for his things. "T-They know, Tom," she said, trying so hard not to dig her fingernails into her arm. "I told them already. I told them a week or so ago." Yet another reason for him to go and hate her. She'd waited all this time to tell him and yet she'd told his family first.

Tears ran hot down her face then. And when she heard the way his voice broke when he spoke again she let out a soft sob. "I know and I'm- I'm so sorry, Tom, but things changed! I fell in love with you and my eyes were opened and I just couldn't let them take you when you did nothing wrong and-,"

"Agent Ryan?" Thea immediately stopped talking. That voice, she thought, that familiar fucking voice. She turned toward the voice, a man stepping into view with his gun trained on Tom. Thea immediately took her own weapon out and without hesitation aimed it at him. He was wearing the same jacket as Thea - the words 'Interpol' printed on the back. "What are you doing? Tell me it's not helping a goddamn fugitive get away!"

"Bradley, you don't understand, alright," her voice trembled, but she wasn't going to let him intimidate her. "It's above your pay grade, alright, so you leave and disregard everything you've seen and heard you understand?" Bradley laughed and shook his head, arguing with her. "You think I'm about to let you ruin this op?! I'm taking the both of you in," he stepped forward and Thea shot at his feet missing on purpose. The moment she did the two of them started arguing. Things were getting more and more intense and she could feel it. The proper thing to do would have been to de-escalate but with Bradley's gun trained on Tom she wasn't thinking that way.

A shot rang out, followed by four more and a thud. She'd just killed Bradley. She'd just killed a member of her team who definitely would've died tomorrow. But now, she had a mess on her hands. "Tom," she said, turning around. "I have to get you out of here, okay, and I'll answer any questions on the way."

Everyone knew but him? That stopped Tom in his tracks, his hands clenching and unclenching as his brain tried to processes everything. It was like a storm had just kicked into high gear in his head and he was stuck in the middle, only there was no eye, only furious winds and torrential rains. His breath was coming in shallow gasp and he couldn’t feel the world around him. Everything was crashing down, and he could not control it - and Tom hated not being in control. “Nothing wrong? Thea-” He turned, ready to yell at her that she had no idea the wrong or right things he had done because he never told her about it. He kept her safe - or so he thought - on the outside away from that part of his life for a reason. Instead he was cut off by another voice, a man’s voice.

Within a flash Thea had her gun out, trained on the man who was training a gun on him. Past images of bloody bodies and the sound of guns going off filling his head. He saw a different time, different place, before his eyes and he grunted, squinting his eyes closed as if that would make them go away and leave him in peace. Only it didn’t. He opened his eyes again and he was standing in a dirt walled room, the space dark except for sunlight filtering through the windows. A man yelled in a foreign language and pointed a gun at him with a woman and child behind his back. He threatened over and over, before pointing the gun at the woman instead as if that would make him understand. Tom took a step forward, but it was the wrong move as the man shot, the woman crumbling to the ground. A scream ripped from his chest as Tom unloaded his gun into the man’s chest, more rounds then reasonably planted in his lifeless body.

On the ground between two dead forms the child cried, and Tom, tears on his face mixed with blood, ran to scoop him up. The child fought against him, but he didn’t care. He held him closed and left the building, looking around. The fight had moved further away, and a cautious group of men and women - unarmed and herding a group of young ones - stood in the opposite direction. He carried the squirming child over and sat him down, the child running into the group without hesitation. One of the women seemed to thank him in her strange tongue, and Tom only nodded, regretful for having caused him his mother. “I’m sorry, tell him I’m sorry.” He said gruffly.

Tom blinked rapidly, and suddenly the world around him was back to normal, the gun shot was him this time. The warm feeling of liquid running down his chest was vivid in his consciousness, and Thea was talking about getting him out of there. A numbness filled him as he realized he didn’t have time to let his mind take control, he had to focus and get out of here, with or without the traitor who had just shot someone for him. He couldn’t help it, she was a traitor. She had been the enemy all along, he just hadn’t known it. Sure, he was aware women could shoot guns, and be police, but the idea of running into a female soldier had never really occurred to him - and that’s exactly what she was. A soldier for the wrong side. He stared at her blankly at first, his free hand moving to apply pressure to the wound in his right shoulder that was bleeding profusely.

“Yeah, right, you’re right. Let’s go.” He gulped, moving past her, forgetting his things, headed for the door. “We have to get out of here before the cops show up for the sound of guns going off, I need to-I need..” He realized there was nothing he could do. They didn’t have time to clean the body up, to tell Syd what happened, to warn the family. What was he going to do? What did this mean for his life? The life he had really just gotten back too? A deep sigh escaped his lips as he nodded and waved for her to lead, he didn’t have a choice, he’d have to follow her.

The moment Thea set eyes on Tom’s wound they grew wide. The safety clicked on and she quickly shoved it back in place. Without thinking she shot her hand out to the wound, her fingertips now dripping with blood. “Oh, no, no, no,” she panted. The bullet seemed to go straight through his shoulder. Thea let out a sigh of relief before placing her bloody hand against his cheek. Despite the man clearly angry with her - the betrayal was clear on his face even after just being shot. As much as it broke her heart there was no way she could address it. Not when she had just shot a member of her team prematurely.

She helped him to his feet and watched as he walked right past her. Thea swallowed the lump in her throat, biting back her tears. “They- They won’t be,” she reassured, voice shaky. Thea then moved over to the now dead body of her fellow Interpol agent. She confirmed he was dead and momentarily hung her head. This was all happening too early. Far too fucking early. What was she going to do now? Should she call Klaus? No, he was in London. Maybe she should call Wesley! She paused for a moment rubbing her nose with the back of her hand. No. She couldn’t call him either. This was her fuck up which meant she was going to fix this.

Thea ran her hands through her hair and took a deep breath- several in fact. She could feel herself losing control and she refused. She’d been meek. Emotional. Something of a crybaby. She needed to get her shit together in that moment otherwise… “Okay… Okay, okay,” she said to herself. She could hear Tom rambling to himself and walked over. “Listen to me. We’re gonna go back to your place, okay, and you’re gonna grab some stuff- the barest of minimums and then we’re going back to my place for the night and I-... Tom, I’ll explain everything there and give you a choice but right now?” Her eyes drifted to the wound in his shoulder - making it her first priority. “Right now I have to get you outta here.”
That Morning
Rory met with Klaus earlier that morning to discuss their final plans. With Thea and Wesley off in Dublin, she and Klaus had remained in London. She’d been as cool as a cucumber, as per usual, while checking her weapons and pockets. The plan rang out in her head over and over again making sure she hadn’t missed any details. It was important they got this down as there wasn’t going to be another shot at it. Members of her team kept trying to talk to her, excited about taking down such an influential family and all Rory could do was glare. Not just because they were annoying but because she didn’t see what they were so happy about. As someone who’d never had a real family, she couldn’t imagine being excited about tearing a happy one apart. And while she had destroyed families in the past, she was never gleeful about it.

When they arrived at the park, Rory groaned silently to herself. A wedding. They were doing this at a wedding. “So fucked,” she mumbled, climbing out of the van. Even though she could feel karma rearing up, she was still about to take care of business. She was dressed in her tactical gear same as the rest of the team that had arrived after them. Klaus’ team had told them they would pull up the rear for support. No, they were already there and waiting to take out the ‘competition’ as Rory liked to call them. Looking through her binoculars she smiled. “I will say. The orange looks nice on her,” she admitted. “And at least we waited until the vows were all said and done before we got started..” She then turned her sights on the black-clad figures moving through the trees before tucking them away. “Show time, traitors.”

Currently
Wedding in the Park

~Somewhere in London~
Darcey King & Erik Snowden
1680387991796-png.1077864

Bruce commented on the tears falling down her face and Darcey gently cradled his face in her hand. “The happiest,” she whispered, placing a soft kiss against his lips. Darcey would be lying if she said she’d never imagined this day before. There was one such time - around the time he’d met Helga - that she wondered if her choosing such a path was a good idea. She was in love with Bruce then and wondered if she wasn’t being an idiot about marriage and children. Maybe marrying him and having children wouldn’t be so bad after all. She could still start her own business and grow it while being a wife and mother - she could do anything she set her mind to! Alas, when it was clear that Helga and Bruce had fallen in love with each other, Darcey realized it was too late to profess such love. She swallowed it instead and never looked back. And sure, it tore her apart for a few years after but she had no one to blame but herself. It was her own hubris that stood in the way of marrying the love of her life sooner. But, they were married now and that’s what mattered. It didn’t matter how long it had taken them to get to this point so long as they had each other. Her eyes remained glued to Bruce’s - not even the sound of Billy excusing himself brought her out of her momentary trance.

3zX5.gif

Meanwhile, Erik was just about to respond to Jeremy and May when Billy approached him. His smile slowly faded looking at Billy’s face, suddenly filled with concern. There was no hesitation in Erik’s next action. He stood to his feet - not bothering to properly excuse himself, before following Billy with Charlie in tow. Erik had become so attached to the child that he didn’t dare think about leaving him behind. “You alright,” he asked, the moment they were far enough away. He reached into his pocket and Erik craned his neck over to see what it was. Seeing the picture was so unexpected but it was a nice surprise. He chuckled. “So unprofessional you are,” Erik teased, looking down at Charlie. “We talked about that.” He kissed the boy's forehead before turning back to Billy. Erik listened intently, smile never leaving his face as Billy spoke about the life he didn’t know he could have. The two of them had been through a lot over the past couple of months. Their relationship had been such a rollercoaster - one that nearly flew off course. But like the other obstacles in their life they got over it and were made stronger because of it. Even now, knowing that things were about to get even more hectic, he knew they were going to make it. They had to. Otherwise, he thought, what was all of it for?

Erik didn’t dare interrupt, saving his words and thoughts for the moment Billy finished. It wasn’t everyday the man shared his true thoughts and feelings - everything he was holding in his heart for him. And it was definitely a rarity of him to do so in public. But ever since fully accepting himself and the love he had for Erik, Erik had seen him become more open. There were still times he kept it under wraps but Erik could handle that a lot more than being completely in the closet. Billy went on and Erik couldn’t even help the way he looked at him. He was completely and utterly in love with him. No amount of words or sophisticated metaphors could express how much. Billy healed wounds he didn’t know he had; loved him in ways he didn’t know was possible. And because of that he’d do anything for him. Billy then looked out at the small group of people before stating his desires. “The wedding,” he asked for clarity, clearly confused. Billy’s brief laugh made Erik smile. “What’s goin’ on in that head ‘o yours, Bill,” he whispered. “Think your daddy’s finally lost it.,” he said to Charlie. Billy’s next words, however, wiped that smirk right off his face.

For a second Erik felt like he couldn’t breathe. He’d heard the words Billy said - swore he could see them in front of his face. The words he understood. It wasn’t the words that had caught him off guard, it was the fact that it was Billy saying them. Just a few months ago, Billy had denied who he was; Erik suspected and knew him to be so much more than what he let others see. He’d denied the attraction he had toward Erik. Denied that first kiss in the back of the cab. And when he did accept that he was gay he still wanted to keep things a secret. Seeing such progress himself up close and personal made Erik’s heart swell. He was so proud of how far he’d come and the fact it was he who was proposing made it even better. “You kiddin,” he said, letting out a breathless chuckle. “Billy,” his voice cracked. The moment Billy reached for his hand he shifted to hold Charlie safely with one arm. His eyes watched Billy’s every move from the way he gripped his ring to his sliding it off. “Are you dense? Of course, I will.” He was impatient and helped Billy slide the ring onto his finger - sniffling as tears filled his eyes. Erik wasted no time in closing the gap between them the best he could while holding onto their son. Ignoring the news of Interpol and that they were close to ruining his life, everything felt so perfect. Things were the way they should be. He and Billy were together, happy, raising Charlie together. In just a few months their house would be ready for them to pick out tiles and paint and decorations. And even though it would be exactly legal, they would have a small ceremony of their own. Erik could see it all. But the moment he opened his eyes and saw a black shadow moving in the distance, that dream began to fade.

***​

056e9dc31504af45afe27543176d6b25.gif

Things popped off a lot more intensely than Aurora had thought; had planned. The first team had moved in faster than anticipated, causing the others to do the same. The first team pushed in on the King family, disrupting the conversations that had been taking place. “Fuck,” Rory stated, scrambling to her sniper rifle. It’d been propped up in the grass and she nestled just right behind the scope. With careful precision, she silently took out four men getting a bit too close. By now, however, she knew the King family knew chaos was ensuing and only hoped they’d taken the warning seriously. She could hear Klaus’ voice on the other end telling her to get the van and get down to them. The moment she stood up, however, a knife was thrown into her thigh. She let out a yelp and looked at it. “What the,” she gasped, gripping the hilt and yanking it out. She swore she could hear the muscles shredding as she did, trying to ignore the pain. When she saw the direction it came from she groaned. “Oh, wow. That was unexpected.” Carny, a member of the team who’d been relentlessly trying to tell her she wasn’t a good enough agent, had appeared with his gun trained on her. “I told you, Walsh, women shouldn’t be agents.” Rory rolled her eyes. “C’mon, Carny,” she put her hands up “Let’s settle this then? No guns. We’ll see who’s better.”

fcb050e9afd981e4adfe37b77462aa9d85b7e8fd.gif
Carny had played right into the palm of her hand. She knew the bigger man - standing at 6’4 and weighing more than 200 pounds - couldn’t wait to slap her around. The wicked grin on his lips said as much. He clicked the safety of his rifle on before taking it and tossing it to the ground. “Little girls like you should really watch their mouths,” he spit, putting his fists up. The moment he did, Rory reached behind her and took out her gun. “How embarrassing for you,” she chided, shooting out both his kneecaps. “To have been beaten by a little girl.” He shouted profanities at her, calling her a cheater and dishonorable for not fighting him with her hands. “Dude.” Rory walked over, and squatted next to him with her gun pointed directly into his chest. “You’re like a jolly fuckin’ giant. And I’m clearly built like a… Faerie. I know what battles to fight and which to avoid.” She pulled the trigger twice then before standing up. Her shoulder was throbbing, and burning, but she had to get to the Kings before it was too late. “Klaus, I’m moving in,” she said, gathering up her weapon. She didn’t hesitate to move towards one of the white vans and hopped inside. The keys were still in the ignition so she quickly started it up and started down toward the hill.

The only person who didn’t know what was going on was Alex. He’d picked Callum up into his arms, holding Kerry close as he looked around. None of their guards were in sight as the family was approached by what he thought to be police. “Spencer,” he started, “What’s-,” he cut himself off the moment he heard Darcey. “I thought we’d have more time.” Nothing was making sense and he couldn’t wrap his mind around what was happening. Rory jumped down from the van, taking out two more men who weren’t on her team. Klaus and her other teammates had taken care of the rest. “Howdy kids,” she said, still on guard and looking around for anyone else. Though she knew what their plans were and their positions it was possible they changed. She didn’t want any casualties from the King family. “You guys know the drill,” when she was sure they were fine for the moment, she went around and opened the back of the van. “In you go. And please, don't take all day unless you wanna get caught.”

Last edited:
The Porter Family Home
~ Sutton, Dublin ~

Conor Sullivan

Adam had made his way to the conservatory just in time to hear the family congratulating Natasha and Leo. When he then heard the young woman was pregnant, a broad smile grew on his face as he looked to Blake who was clearly happy with the news. He didn't get a chance to congratulate the couple as attention was soon diverted to the sound of the tyres screeching and the loud bang. He first rushed to Blake's side as she screamed out, but it only took seconds for his other instincts to kick in and his mind switched to wanting to rush out to investigate. Instead, he was surprised to have Conor place a firm hand on his chest to instruct him to stay where he was. Catching the looks between Conor and Roxie, Adam furrowed his eyebrows. Was this anything to do with the non-descript bags Conor had a couple of the guards sneaking into Lucy's house earlier? Adam hoped they were filled with guns and he'd be instructed any moment now to retrieve the weapons.

Whilst he was still lowering his hand from in front of Adam, Conor's eyes had caught Roxie's and he nodded when she mentioned the bags. He stepped out of the conservatory to the locked closet under the stairs where he'd had his men stash some bags earlier, whilst everyone had been gathered for a toast to James' life. The guards had been under strict instructions not to check the contents and they knew better than to ask questions of their boss. As Conor was walking back to the conservatory carrying a bunch of duffel bags, he heard the doors being kicked in. Once in the conservatory, he dropped the bags in a heap on the floor just as Thea and Wesley came into view, ordering everyone to put their hands up. Conor couldn't hide his anger as he saw even a child being threatened by others on the Interpol team. Were the circumstances not so serious, he would have let out his frustration and given Adam the go ahead to take action, but this time he couldn't and he certainly didn't want to get Adam killed under his orders.

When Wesley addressed Conor to tell his men to stand down, he momentarily glared at him before raising his hands at shoulder level to demonstrate to his family and employees that he wanted them to comply. "Everyone stand down," he firmly commanded. "We'll explain soon. Weapons down and hands up," he told his men, locking eyes with Adam in that moment to confirm he meant it. He knew Adam was likely thinking up a plan of action, some way to get the family out of safety, but that was too risky.

When Wesley suddenly turned and shot one of the other agents, Conor tightened his jaw, trying not to let the cries of those around him get to him. He nodded along as Roxie tried to reassure everyone and then looked to him for guidance. "Everyone, I need you to do as this bloke says and get in the vans. Me and Roxie will explain, but right now, we need to do as I say. It's non-negotiable," he said, looking around to check everyone was holding up. "Tink," he said, meeting Sinead's eyes as he recognised her anxiety setting in as she struggled to control her breathing. "You've been through worse than this. You're going to be okay. Trust me."

When Roxie went to get Lucia, Conor shifted his focus on Syd at that moment, knowing the man would be going crazy with it all. "Syd. Take this bag," he commanded, grabbing one Roxie had prepared. "Get your kids and your mother out to the van. Focus on them right now and make sure they're safe. I know what's going on and I will explain when we get out of here. Right now, I need you to help Luce and the kids," he firmly commanded his nephew. "That goes for everyone. Get to the vans and we'll all be okay," he reassured them. As he did, he made sure to pass a bag to Peter, to Adam, and to others he'd subconsciously made responsible for their direct family members. "Ali..." he said, gripping their bag handle before passing it to her. "Keep the girls close," he told her, kissing her on the lips. "I love you," he reassured her.

The Wedding in the Park

Spencer King

1679765288124-png.1075542
Spencer and Alex had rejoined Shona and Kerry following their private talk. After briefly rough-housing with Callum who had once again asked about a sleepover, he returned to Shona's side and placed his arm around her. Having successfully distracted from having to make a promise to his nephew that he wasn't certain he could keep, he was about to suggest joining some of the others. Before he could, the same black shadow in the distance that had caught Erik's attention was noticed by Spencer too. He instinctively pulled Shona closer in that moment as his eyes scanned the area to notice more unwanted figures coming into view. His heart sank, even before he caught sight of the confusion in Alex and Kerry.

"Alex..." Spencer began, but they all heard Darcey's words about thinking they'd have more time. With Callum already safely in his brother's arms, Spencer released Shona and told her to take Eddie out of the pram so she could hold their baby close. Spencer caught the shock in Kerry's face and having some idea of what she'd been through in New York, he was sure the present situation was making her anxious. Reaching under the pram he retrieved the two bags he'd stowed away there. Throwing one over his shoulder, he practically pushed the other into Kerry for her to grip hold of. "Keep this with you and don't leave Alex's side," he instructed her, looking her in the eyes to make sure she understood. He then looked to Alex and did everything he could to hold himself together. "I'll explain--" He was broken off as he watched Rory jump out of the van, taking two of her supposed teammates down in the process. When the woman told them to get into the van, Spencer clenched his fist before looking to Alex and nodding. "Do it. It's the only way for us," he firmly assured his brother. "Everything I told you, I meant. I love you and I'm proud of you."

Spencer then focused his attention to the rest of his family and guests, echoing what Bruce and Erik had likely already told those nearest to them to do. "Guys, we need you to get in the van. Don't make this any harder," he commanded, shifting his focus from his siblings to Jeremy and Christian. He noted Bruce and Erik then taking the lead on directing those around them to get into the van. Just as he was about to do the same with Shona and Eddie, Spencer momentarily turned to his uncle and looked the man in the eyes. They didn't know what exactly awaited them from that moment, but Spencer knew this was more than likely the last time he'd see most of his loved ones. "This is it, Bruce," he said, a finality to his voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back