• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Family Slice of Life RP

Some thoughts on my prospective characters (assuming I'm allowed to have both. If I'm only allowed one, I'll play the nom only)

Mom (37-39)
  • I'd like her to be in an educational career. A college professor, maybe? Since the dad ( Alexei Voryarrick Alexei Voryarrick ) designs indie games, she's the breadwinner for the family.
  • She is Deaf. Maybe her job includes work as an ASL teacher/interpreter?
  • She isn't religious, but is open-minded about her husband's faith and encourages her kids to decide when they're older.
  • Since she would be the only one affected by this (unless the family uses a hyphenated surname), her maiden name is Blanchett.
  • She's a master mediator. Kids fight a lot, but she can sort out just about anything with a quiet discussion and a few cookies.
  • And plenty more! I love brainstorming characters, so please, please talk to me.
Middle Son (11-12)
  • The risk-taker in the family, probably something of a class clown at school.
  • He's a major procrastinator for every subject except science! He seems to have a photographic memory when it comes to 7th grade Biology, On a more serious note, he genuinely does struggle in school, which he's incredibly conscious of.
  • Probably the messiest room. :ghostxx:
  • He's also Deaf, a trait he inherited from his mother's side.
  • He likes to figure things out by taking them apart. This is why his locker at school no longer has a combination lock...
  • An emotional open book, all the way.
  • Ditto to the bottom note on mom's list!

Oldest Sibling (16-17)
  • He's physically disabled from a premature birth, He has full control of his arms & hands, but his legs are disabled. So, He gets around in a wheelchair.
  • He suffers from Depression, Caused by his disability, though he tries to hide it with a smile.
  • His favorite subject is History & just like his brother he struggles with school.
  • He doesn't know sign-language, but he will write down what he's saying to his mom or brother.
  • He's the quiet one in the family, Though he will occasionally hang out with his friends & girlfriend.
  • He loves reading & researching things.
  • He uses a laptop at school for his classes.
  • He enjoys retro & modern technology.
  • He likes comic books.
  • He's a helper, he likes to help with things around the house. as long as he can reach or physically do them.
  • He believes in his own interpretation of God, one that isn't perfect & not bigoted or hateful, He will sometimes poke fun at some of the absurd things about religion. but it's mainly in a joking way. He uses more critical thinking in terms of religion but is still respectful of his dad's beliefs.
  • He likes everything Sci-fi & Horror.
  • He plays Guitar, He started out slow & He thought about giving up. But with the encouragement of his sister & learning about disabled artists like Jeff Healey & Jason Becker, He continued & has improved greatly. His influences include Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jeff Healey, Gary Moore & David Gilmour. He uses the Amp & Effects simulator software Guitar Rig 5 Pro to practice, but when he plays live he has an FX rig that contains all of his pedals that his guitar tech takes control of for him. He & His sister will sometimes perform or record covers & original songs in his bedroom. He uses a guitar holder to hold the guitar firmly in place when he plays.

Last edited:
I'm gonna throw out my thoughts on the Dad:
  • Mom is not sole breadwinner, indie games, if well made, can turn a surprising amount of profit for the amount of work that goes into them, and if you don't just do an endless succession of redesigns of the same thing, they never really stop producing a trickle of income, which eventually is almost pure profit..
  • Dad's titles include: "Lost Souls": a kinda weird half-four-X/half-chess game. "Constellation": Another simple turn-based strategy game, about influence and galactic domination. "The Battle of Polytopia": kinda the successor to 'Lost Souls', but far more advanced and less chess like. (He's still actively working on this one, though it's already been 'released'.)
  • Dad comes from fairly well-off family but is kinda the 'black sheep' for not going into something like upper corporate management or investment banking.
  • Dad learned ASL as a child and met the mom in college while working as an ASL/speech interpreter.
  • Dad doesn't like to shave, the razors make him nervous.
  • In fact, he's not a fan of anything with a cutting edge being anywhere near him.
  • Dad's favorite color is green, his favorite soda is coke, and his favorite food is pizza with pineapple, ham, and mushrooms.

Last edited:
(Note: What I meant by 'breadwinner' is that she has the steady job, not the highest paying. You can make money doing things like game design and art, and lots of people have it as their primary source of income, but it's not... reliable. Sorry for the confusion!)

Oldest Sibling (16-17)
  • He believes in his own interpretation of God, one that isn't perfect & not bigoted or hateful, He will sometimes poke fun at some of the absurd things about religion. but it's mainly in a joking way. He uses more critical thinking in terms of religion but is still respectful of his dad's beliefs.

Actually, this is very close to how the dad interprets things too: except that for him it's not that god isn't perfect exactly, just that he's not omnipotent, so while God loves everyone and wants to help us all be the best people possible, he cant STOP people if they decide to do evil instead of good: he doesn't chose to _let_ them do it, there's literally nothing he can do about it except _maybe_ to nudge someone else to try to stop the guy...

Probably the grand uncle is on the mother side and will come from England at the start of the rp, since ge’s Retired and has no other family over there.

Coolio!

Middle child: (15-16)
- She's a art child
- Singer / Songwriter
- Aspiring novelist and poet
- Lead actress in most every school show
- She has a crippling fear of failure
- She has bad depression, but she feels bad about it because her older brother does too, and he has it worse, so how dare she feel like her life is worthless?
- She is quite calculated at times
- She is very strong in English and Art subjects but can't figure out science or math for the life of her
- If it's not some shade of grey or red, she won't wear it.
- She has undiagnosed ADHD
- this leads to executive functioning issues and lots of missing assignments

I was thinking Lynn, Ariel or Brielle for the mom and Linus, Daniel or Toby for the middle son, but feel free to give me suggestions!

I also like Anthony and Amber <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back