• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Family Buisness' Suck!

As Tamera walked over, the retort she had died abruptly in her throat as her sister grabbed he wrist and brought her gaze over the cut, her eyes gaining a new hue as her mouth seemed to open, focused entirely on her neck. Sky's eyes widened, Tamera's grip tight and frightening cold. "Heyyyy... I, uh... didn't really mean what I said just then..." She doubted she was listening, however. Seeing as there was little else she could do, Sky gave her an abrupt shove, hoping to catch her off balance. If she was successful, the young woman would then try to wrench her wrist free.

Once out of her grasp, she would rush towards her bedroom where her cellphone lay, slamming the door in the process. Grabbing the device and quickly dialing her mother's number, she recalled what Hank had drilled into their minds ever since he revealed his beloved profession.

'Once infected they're driven off of instinct. Don't even think about hesitating even if I were the one coming at you.'

She eyed the various objects in the room around her, the knife she hadn't returned to her father lying on her bedside table, the vampire who had tried to kill her last night's blood still coating it. Sky knew she was most likely overreacting and that she'd receive an earful from her mother and Oxford for trying anything but... was her father even somewhat right?

"Sky?" The sound of her name ripped her from her thoughts. "Mom, Tamera's fucking lost it." There was a muffled curse on the other line. "What did you two do?" "We...got into a fight… I accidentally cut myself and a now-” “Where are you?” “My Room.” “Don’t open the door and don’t leave. The last thing I need is her being incurable and you getting infected.” With that she hung up.

Remaining silent for a few moments afterwards, she would listen to see if she could hear her sister, half expecting her to still be under the influence of the bloodlust she had been thrown into.

Vampunk Vampunk

Her mind still hazy, the scent of Sky's blood oh so intoxicating, Tamara didn't take into account that her sister might not just let her bite her that easily. Sky's squirming managing to throw her off balance and making her tumble backwards, taking a few moments to realize the bloodbag was getting away.

Blinking with those cloudy rubies of hers, a malicious smile crept unto her face, slowly following Sky with long, quiet steps. Her finger tracing the staircase's handrail as her cold fingertips drummed onto the wood in anticipation for the feast.

Coming to stand in front of Sky's room, Tamara's hand tried pulling on the doorknob, letting out an annoyed hiss as it turned out to be locked. The blood-crazed woman knocking carefully on Sky's door.
"Sky, sister mine, what's the matter? Why do you lock yourself in? You don't have something to hide, do you?" Tamara cooed, resting her tall frame against the door, her hands coming to slide into her jean's pockets.

"Are you still angry at me for embarassing you in front of your girlfriend? I can call her and apologize, maybe even offer to make it up to her if she were to pay us a little visit? Would that be enough to make you forgive me?" The red-eyed woman asked, her voice, while still Sky's sister, sounding unnatural and full of predatory malice.

"Oh come on, don't you even trust your own Sister? Open up..." It was obvious that Tamara's patience was wearing thin as every minute or so the sound of her trying to open the door echoed through the hallway, silent as a crypt.

"Sky? Don't make me do something I'll regret later." Tamara finally growled, the sound of her shoulder slamming against the locked door making the walls shake ever so slightly.
"Sky! Open the bloody door!" The vampire finally snapped, taking a step back as her foot came crashing down on the door.

And again...

Followed by the sound of her nails digging into wood...

And the thud of her stiff body pushing against the door.

"SKY!"

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Tamera's words were haunting. The way she spoke was vastly different from the few minutes earlier. It was calm, coaxing almost. Trying to get her to come out. When she didn't open the door, the door handle was tried, Sky slightly relieved the lock had decided to work this time. But that wasn't going to stop her, beginning to throw herself at the door, the wall shaking as violently as her voice sounded.

The rusted hinge on the structure wasn't going to hold...

At this point, Sky was terrified. All the color had drained from her face as she realized that her sister was trying to kill her... Or rather eat her alive but that wasn't the point. "Tamera, you know I'm not going to open it!" She cried, moving over towards her window. Throwing back the curtains, she tried to roll up the blinds but soon remembered that they were jammed.

The door began to splinter, one blow away from caving in.

Not knowing what else to do, Sky dove across her bed and grabbed the knife, her hands visibly shaking as she pressed her back up against the wall...

Watching the door fall inward.

Vampunk Vampunk

If she were still human it would have taken Tamara a lot longer to destroy the wooden door separating her from her victim, but vampiric strength and insatiable hunger would lead her body to funnel everything it had into slamming against the door.

And the force of the impact was enough to send splinters flying as the door's angles were starting to bulge inward, the wood giving in to the blood-crazed woman flinging herself against the door.
One last slam sent the ruined wood flying inwards, coming to slide along the floor and coming to a stop at Sky's feets.

Allowing her to gaze at Tamara's hunched over form, every one of her labored breaths making her frame stir as her raven-black hair obscured her right eye, making the left one stare at her with a piercing glare, resembling burning coal more than human eyes.
"Skyyyyy....." Tamara hissed, her lips curling into a wide grin, revealing all eight of her sharpened fangs as she took a step towards her sister, purely driven by instinct and the infection urging her on to finally accept the metamorphosis and become a fully fledged night prowler.

Step after step Tamara accelerated her pace, bare feet carrying her effortlessly towards her mark.
"Look what you made me do. You really thought that door would keep me out forever?" Tamara spoke, icy cold and alien, devoid of any empathy.

"But now you're mine, sis." The vampire growled, her smile growing into a mocking grin as she lunged towards Sky, wrapping her slender arms around her waist as the two of them tumbled to the floor in a mess of tangled limbs and bared teeth.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Sky couldn’t speak as Tamera (or what was her) finally approached her, giving her a smug little speech before finally throwing herself at the woman.

The two began to tussle on the floor, the blue-haired woman desperately trying to get out from underneath her, the knife lost in the process of the struggle. But because of her sister’s unnatural strength and speed, she finally managed to pin her to the floor, not wasting any time finding her way to her neck.

Yet as she finally decided to close down… Instead of simply allowing her to feed, she instead felt compelled to throw the woman off of her and keep her from killing her. It began as an intense pain flaring throughout, her body soon on autopilot as she snarled back, pushing Tamera back, ripping her teeth from her neck as she stood, waiting for the woman to stand. Her eyes had began to take on an amber glow similar to her sister’s red.

“Get away from me.” She growled, the instinct of survival bypassing all potential familiar relations of the woman before her. Tamera wasn’t her sister, not anymore. Just a threat to her survival.

Vampunk Vampunk

As Tamara finally managed to pin Sky to the ground she did not waste any time and sunk her fangs into Sky's neck, her blood tainting her ivory teeth a rich crimson as the taste of hot blood on her pierced tongue made the craving inside her demand more...
But just as she tried to bury her fangs deeper in her sister's flesh, Sky managed to throw her off her, making Tamara flinch as she collided with one of Sky's bookshelves, making the wood creak under the force of the impact and burst, followed by an avalanche of books burying Tamara...

Just for her to get to her feet with a sour expression and an even crazier expression on her face, Sky's blood clinging to her thin lips as her pierced tongue protruded, savoring the metallic taste that made her want MORE.

Only for her eyes to meet Sky's own...A rich Amber that burned with anger, just like her crimson ones were filled with a primal craving for blood.
Baring her teeth at Sky, Tamara took a step closer towards her, radiating an aura of madness as the infection gripped her tightly, demanding to be satisfied and be allowed to turn her into the kind of bloodlusting monster they used to hunt.

"What the hell's up with your eyes? Are you finally showing your teeth, is that it?" Tamara mocked Sky, flexing her taller, slender frame as her fingers twitched in anticipation, wanting to just wrap them around Sky's throat and feed on that precious red life that would gush from her veins.

Both of them fully driven by their primal instincts Tamara took the first step, ducking swiftly before jumping towards Sky, a toothy grin spreading from ear to ear as her crimson eyes widened at her cold heart pumping pure adrenaline through her veins.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

As Tamera mentioned her eyes, Sky would frown but not speak, knowing the question was only a distraction. If she accomplished anything at all in the given moment, it would be staying alive. So as her sister would rush towards her, she'd shift to the side, narrowly avoiding her. Using this to her advantage, she then tried to ram into her again from the side, but as there wasn't much space in the corner of her room, she had to rely on strength alone. While she was now almost evenly matched for the soon-to-be vampire she now fought, she wasn't physically all that's strong to begin with.

Regardless if Tamera went toppling or not, the sounds of someone entering the house and rushing out he stairs to her room was thundering in her ears as none other than their mother appeared in the doorway. Looking a bit more worried than pissed off, her gaze would flick between Sky and Tamera, lingering longer on the younger of the two before moving forward and grabbing Sky, beginning to pull her out of the house. Confused she simply stumbled along with her, the two making their way down the stairs with the third most likely in pursuit. However once they reached the first floor, Cara pulled Sky out the front door with her, the two bathed in sunlight that would hopefully keep them relatively safe.

Sky would squint uncomfortably, giving a faint snarl and struggle of protest as she tried to get back into the house to finish what was started. Cara didn't want that. "Sky, listen to me." She commanded, holding her up against the car she had just finished driving. "You need to calm. Down."

Slowly she did. First slowing her protests until finally falling somewhat limp in her grasp, mind fogged by eyes and general physical status returning to normal. "Fuck..." she mumbled, her mother slowly allowing her to slide down into a sitting position as she checked her wound. "It's... almost already healed..." she'd mutter, taking Sky's wrist and checking her pulse. Elevated but strong. There were no signs of infection, aside from how she had been walked in on in her room. "What's wrong?" The young woman would finally ask in a groggy tone. "Did she infect me?" "No... I did." Sky would raise an eyebrow at this, raising a hand to check her neck, but aside from the blood that had already dried the wound... wasn't there. "Wait so... am I-" "I don't know." She snapped. "You're not showing any signs so we'll just... have to wait for Oxford."

After saying this she would stand and move towards the door, inching her way inside. "Tamera...?" She would ask, ready to bolt if necessary.

Vampunk Vampunk

Hell hath no fury like a Vampire scorned, and as Tamara bolted towards her sister, the blood-crazed woman would appear just as otherworldly and haunting as the vampires they had fought before. Narrowly dodging Tamara and sending her tumbling through the air with her well-timed counterattack Sky would be met with the image of a furious Tamera flying through the room and coming to land on all fours like some alley cat.

Her eyes mirroring the feline nightstalker's as her round pupils shifted into almond shapes, giving her glowing red eyes an even more eerie appearance as they glared at her from within a pale visage covered by small blue veins, showing that the infection was rapidly changing her sister as every passing moment would cause human tissue to wither, die, and be reshaped into the body of a child of the night.

But just as Tamara rose from the ground, fingers twisting into curved claws intent on wrapping around Sky's throat and drain the life from her, Cara would pull her sister out of the room, leaving the vampire watching the rest of her family leave her alone in the trashed room.
Rising to her full height a crooked grin came to adorn the vampire's pale face, her sunken eyes closing for a second as she shook her head slowly.

"Oh, dead sister, you cannot escape me." Tamara mused as she made her way out of Sky's room, her tongue coming to lick over her bloodied canines and savoring the taste she had gotten from sinking her fangs into her sister's neck. Her body demanded more, and it would not be satisfied before she had fed, hunger taking over as rational thought and emotions were repressed by the vampiric instinct that feral vampires were a slave to.

Making her way down the staircase her claws would leave their mark on the wall, dragging them across it as she followed the faint scent of blood and the sound of two hearts racing, pumping the sweet lifeblood through their veins.

Arriving at the window Sky and Camara would be able to see a shadowy figure with burning red eyes glare at them with an inhuman stare that saw them only as prey before disappearing...
Only to appear at the doorway, standing tall and looming over Cara as her eyes seemed to see past her as if they were just watching the blood inside her veins race faster as her heartbeat quickened.

Just for Tamara to swiftly lash out with her hand, trying to grab a hold of the blood vessels in front of her but narrowly missing as Cara would step back into the light, causing Tamara's fingers to meet the burning touch of sunlight and making the vampire's face warp into an expression of pure agony.
A vampire who was on the verge of turning into a fully fledged one was extremely susceptible to sunlight, more so than usual, with well fed and rested vampires being able to bear the light when properly equipped to do so...

But for Tamara the sunlight would feel like diving into fire, making the pale skin of her hand turn an ashen grey as it was set ablaze, making an inhuman scream leave her throat as she crept back into the darkness, clutching her hand tightly and hunching over as she growled angrily.

"Is this how you treat your own blood, huh?" Tamara spat, baring her fangs as she took a step towards her family, her brows furrowing into an angry grimace as the vampire's lips finally returned to form that mocking smile of hers.
"No matter. It'll be dark sooner or later, you can't possibly hope to keep me trapped in here forever...." The vampire scoffed with a malicious chuckle as she crossed her arms in front of her chest, leaning against the doorframe and shooting a venomous stare at the humans unfortunate enough to be related to her.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Cara cursed as she returned to where Sky was. "She's gone... and we can't cure her now because she drank from you." After kicking the car's tire she would take a seat beside her daughter. "This is my fault... I should've known better than to leave you two alone." "No... if we hadn't gotten into that fight then I wouldn't have sent her on this rampage then she would've never bit me and I never would've... turned into whatever that was." She ran a hand down her face.

The two would've remained silent, moving to sit inside of the vehicle as the sun decided to go down to limit any possibility of Tamera having easy access to them. Hopefully Oxford was going to show up soon...

Vampunk Vampunk

But Tamara threatening to finally be set free come nightfall would prove to be just idle words and empty promises of destruction as a black Austin with tinted windows came driving through the gateway, the motor stuttering as the car came to a halt...

Just for an umbrella of the same color to be opened as a well-dressed Brit left the car, several paper bags under his arm as he slowly made his way towards the house, still hiding underneath the black parasol and humming an ancient tune...

Peeking out of his protective umbrella the cheerful humming got stuck in Oxford's throat as he dropped the bags, letting several canisters of a suspicious red liquid and piles of books and herbs spill from the paper bags.
"What in god's name is going on here?!" Oxford shrieked, his eyes coming to glow a pale white as they widened to never-before-seen proportions.

Darting from the feral Vampire in the doorway and the rest of her family, her sister's eyes a vibrant amber, Oxfor let go of a VERY annoyed sigh, long legs carrying him swiftly over to the disastrous happenings.
"What happened here?!..." Oxford asked, his brows furrowing into an angry expression as he pointed towards Tamara.

"Did she?...Forget it, I already know the answer..." Oxford scoffed, turning towards Tamara as he buried his face in his palm, letting go of an annoyed sigh.
"Nothing ever seems to work out the way it should, huh?" The brit mumbled as he retrieved some of the herbs in his bags, examining them before nodding towards Cara and Sky, tossing them a few leaves.

"Eat that, might suppress any vampiric genes and stop THAT from happening." The vampire remarked as he turned towards Tamara.
"Well, seems we have to go for plan C." Oxford sighed as he slid out of his coat and removed his tie, folding both of them neatly before putting them away as he walked towards the feral vampire who eyed him suspiciously as he rolled back his sleeves, still hiding underneath the umbrella.

"Oxie! What are you doing? Shouldn't we be on the same side here, fellow Bloodsuckers and all?" Tamara(?) spoke, her pierced tongue brushing over her extended canines.

"Save me these words, Nosferatu. We've got bigger fish to fry." Oxford remarked in a cold, calculated tone as he stepped into the doorway, leaving the umbrella behind as he dashed towards Tamara.

Catching her off guard as he pinned her against the wall, his own fangs extending as they met cold flesh...
Ripping a gaping wound in his exposed wrist before pressing the bloodied limb against Tamara's lips, forcing her to ingest the century-old vampire's blood...

And causing her to let go of an inhuman shriek as she hunched over, clutching her neck tightly as Cara and Sky were able to watch the infection stabilize slowly.
Blue veins disappearing from Tamara's skin and her eyes slowly turning back into their steel-grey color as her body reverted, no, evolved into its final form of vampirism, leaving her hitting the floor with a loud thud as Oxford licked the blood off his wrist, watching the wound disappear as fast as he had inflicted it.

"That certainly makes things more difficult..." Oxford sighed as he carried Tamara off, putting her on the couch before calling Cara and Sky to join him, taking a seat on one of the living room's armchairs as his fingertips met.
"I think you all got questions, huh?" Oxford asked, brushing his long fingers through his dark hair.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

They were relieved to see the old brit, Cara not bothering explaining what had happened as she moved to enter, passing them some sort of herb before he did. "It kinda already did..." Sky would mumble as her mother rolled her eyes, handing her some of the leaves. They tasted rather awful but if it would keep her from ending up like Tamera... it didn't really matter.

Once the newer vampire had finally been stabilized and the two of them entering the house with the bags Oxford had dropped in hand, they were set on the table before gathering around the couch where Tamera had been laid. "I'm assuming we're out of options now..." Cara would sigh. "With Tamera at least..." Sky would raise an eyebrow at this. "What?I'm the one still sane and breathing." "Trust me, it was hard to tell when I dragged you out of here."

Vampunk Vampunk

"I'm not familiar with these cases where strains of vampirism already resides in an organism but I might have some...friends....in the covens who might help me with that, but we have bigger problems here. I doubt you'll be able to hide Tamara's condition from Hank, not to mention Sky already showing some signs of dormant vampirism starting to become increasingly more active." Oxford remarked with a sigh, leaning back into the chair and resting his hand on his forehead, his eyes wandering over to the still somewhat human Connors.

"I should have warned you more about what consequences your affliction would have if you ever decided to have children." Oxford mumbled as he straightened in his chair, glancing over to the sleeping Tamara, the transformation still in effect and draining her body of all excess energy.

"We have to get her away from here, somewhere safe, there's no way around that. But for you, Sky, I do not know if you want to leave this all behind, at least for a while, until Cara and I figure out if there's an actual future to work towards. Until then I suggest you'd keep a low profile, there are already murmurs of more hunter and coven activity in this area, wouldn't want you of all people to get tangled in that nasty web." the vampire sighed, his mind clearly racing and the entire situation weighing heavily on his conscience.

"I do not know if there's even a way to stop the vampirism in you from ever actually awakening and I would have to consult some experts on the matter but for now we need to find somewhere to hide and get that foolish girl back up on her feet. A human existence is already out of the question for your dear sister but you still have the chance to keep your old life and stay here with Hank and Cara, If you so desire."

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Sky wasn’t all too happy with the situation, nor the black and white options, but she knew that there really wasn’t any other option. “I’ll stay…” She said eventually. “I don’t like the idea of leaving Mom behind if Dad is going to come back from the hospital soon, and having someone else here to explain where you went would be much easier than just one person.” Cara frowned. “But we still don’t know about your condition, what if it begins to progress and Hank notices?” Sky simply shrugged. “We’ll cross that bridge once we get to it I guess.”

They would speak for a bit longer before Oxford would want to get going before Tamera could become coherent enough to complain about the current situation. They said their goodbyes before the house became oddly silent as the door shut, the sound of his vehicle soon pulling out of the driveway. Being the first to move, Sky would make her way back upstairs to begin repairing her room. First was the bookshelf, setting it back upright after a bit of struggling with its weight and replacing all of the items that had been on its shelves. After she finished Cara had entered the room, simply watching her silently as she straightened out her bed that had been moved and a few other things here and there that had been knocked out of place. “What happened?” She asked gently, the younger woman shrugging. “You walked in on most of it, and I gave you the rundown earlier.” “Specifically, Sky.” With a slight grimace she took a seat on her bed. “I cut myself and she approached me having already lost it. I pushed her away, ran up here and called you. After you hung up though… she broke through the door-” She gestured to the structure lying on the floor. “And came at me. She… did manage to bite me though when she did I…” She trailed off, unable to really describe the sensation. “You’re alright…” Cara hummed softly, moving forward to take a seat next to her daughter. “I already screwed one of you over and I’m not going to-”

Cara was cut off with the sound of the front door opening. “Cara? Sky? Tamera?”

They cursed in unison. Hank was home.

“He wasn’t supposed to be released for another day or two…” Her mother muttered, standing and moving to go downstairs. Sky was quick to follow, they both arriving in the kitchen as Hank entered. “There you two are.” He sighed, embracing his wife before looking back towards Sky. “And I see you’re alright… how’s your ankle?” She realised that it hadn’t been bothering her since the night before, but played it off. “Alright, still hurts like a bitch though.” He gave a slightly relived sigh. “And your sister?” Cara hesitantly responded. “She’s… staying with some friends.” He clearly didn’t buy it. “Really?” His face seemed to fall. “Tamera hasn’t been that social for a while.” The older woman slowly took a seat in one of the nearby chairs, color seemingly draining from her face. “Hank…” The man cut her off. “No. Don-” “Hank.” She snapped. “She was infected. She was bit last night.” Hank froze. “Why wouldn’t she tell me?” He asked softly, the couple basically ignoring that Sky was currently in the room.

Hearing him say this, Cara seemed to be put on edge. Abruptly standing she would’ve taken a step towards the vampire hunter, snarling “Because you would’ve killed her!” Hank took offense to this. “And let her live like one of them?! You know she would’ve been lost!” Cara felt silent, her eyes boring into the taller man’s. “How do you know they are lost?” Her voice was quiet. “Is it easier to believe what you are hunting is nothing more than a mindless animal?” “It's been proven that they can’t reason for themselves, you know this!” “Then why didn’t you kill me in that alleyway?” Hank was more than confused. “What do you mean? When I found you?” “Yes. If I was going to become a living corpse, why didn’t you kill me right then and there?” The vampire hunter was becoming increasingly more agitated. “I thought you were able to fight it off, so why wasn’t Tame-” “Do you really think that’s possible? That I really was able to resist the infection?” “It’s what you said, and you’re… alive…” He trailed off, gaze warping slightly.

“I didn’t survive, I was cured two years after.” “You were-” She didn’t let him speak, her voice raising. “So before you even think about telling me what a vampire is, I advise living through it yourself.”

Both fell silent. For a long while. Hank almost recoiling from this, taking a step back. “Um…” Sky would clear her throat, the two finally remembering her existence. He looked from her eyes to her neck, causing her to raise a hand to awkwardly try to rub off some of the dried blood. “Were you bit too?” He asked, his voice brimming with various emotions. “Its… complicated…” “What do you mean?” She gestured to her mother, the woman explaining what she had already been told.

Once again, a moment of silence as the man realised he was living basically with a family of vampires the entire time.

“My wife… my children…” He mumbled, numbly making his way towards the staircase, trudging up the steps up to the master bedroom was and slamming the door.

“That isn’t how I planned this…” Cara hissed, taking a seat once more and running a hand down her face, Sky sitting beside her. “He just needs to process this… right?” She gave a dry laugh. “If we’re not dead by morning something’s wrong.”

Vampunk Vampunk

Muffled voices and awfully bright glimpses of light was all Tamara was able to notice in her drowsy state, feeling Oxford's vampiric blood start putting the infection in place, reverting a lot of the damage she had suffered from being subjected to what would be best described as bloodsucker-rabies. Only for her body to slowly complete its metamorphosis and making her feel exhausted, drained, and very, very cranky....

Blinking lazily at the sound of an engine being ignited and tires squeaking Tamara raised herself, feeling her forehead bump into the car's roof and making the vampire inhale sharply, groaning to herself as she rubbed her head...And watched her home become smaller and smaller in the distance.
"H..Hey! What are you doing?" Tamara exclaimed, her eyes widening as they wandered over to Oxford who was driving silently, his sunken eyes fixated on the road as they drove off.

"Me? It's no longer just my choice, young lady. Thanks to your recklessness we're both in, and excuse my french, deep shit." Oxford spoke, every word still retaining most of his usually calm and concise air, yet it was obvious that he was not thrilled over this situation.

"You bit your own sister, and now the infection is irreversible." Oxford continued as he looked back, his pale eyes meeting her own as a faint smile crept unto his lips.
"Means this is plan C, which constitutes that you're going to be stuck with me, or rather the other way around. So you better learn some proper manners, I doubt Cara would pride herself with having a daughter that doesn't even know proper etiquette." The vampire added before returning his attention to the road.

"Wait...where are we going?" Tamara mumbled, raising a pierced eyebrow at Oxford as the old vampire smiled into the rearview mirror.
"Home." Earning himself a rather puzzled look from the fledgling vampire, gazing back towards her childhood home as they drove off...

And it would be days, weeks even, dragging on without Cara and Sky receiving any word from the two vampires, having left of in a hurry and having left them alone with Hank. Who had become increasingly more suspicious and spent a lot of time alone in his office, or being out of town for extended periods of time while ceasing to take Sky with him when heading out for hunts.

Hunts that could have made him cross path with Oxford and Tamara, the two of them not even having stayed in touch with the rest of the family truly being a reason for concern as soon the first of October marked a whole three weeks of not having heard anything regarding the pale eyes Vampire and his fledgling....

Just for a sealed letter to arrive at the Connor household, inconspicuous and addressed to Sky Connors.
A letter that was way too brief to really be considered an update on the writer's situation, but short enough to be considered an invitation.

And invitation to a little Café just in the heart of town, the date specified but the exact time simple being "after dark".

And a certain someone would be waiting there.
Sitting at a tall table, long legs ending in heavy combat boots dangling in thin air as the jacket's hood obscured the figure's face, the faint glimmer of metal shimmering in the light as the cup of coffee on the table started to grow cold without even a sip being taken.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Those three weeks in the Connors household was… interesting to say the least.

Hank did seem to distance himself from the family, even more than he normally did. Hunts were more frequent as was him being locked into his office or the basement (which Sky and Tamera hadn’t ever been allowed in, as that was where he kept his hunting equipment.) Even now there was a new silver lock placed on the door to make sure that no one was getting down there.

Cara and Sky remained relatively quiet for these weeks, barely speaking even when the vampire hunter wasn’t around. The older woman slept downstairs as she didn’t bother even trying to go and join him in bed while Sky had moved down there herself after a night or two seeing as she didn’t want her alone should something occur.

Even though thinks with Hank were somewhat stable, Sky was still in denial about the subtle changes that were soon becoming much more noticeable. First it began with a change in sleeping habits, she unable to fall asleep at night while being passed out during the day. When her mother first had confronted her about this, she simply shrugged it off as a case of insomnia but that explanation was soon invalid as it progressed. Stomaching certain foods was already out of the question, and those she still could manage were still a chore, more often than not she was stuck with each meal making a reappearance. Because of this and basically refusing to eat, she had lost a decent amount of weight causing her to gain a reasonably sickly appearance.

The day they had received the letter, the two had already decided they were going to be moving into a hotel room and not risk being around Hank, especially with Sky’s worsening condition. (Although she was still very much living… which didn’t make much sense, to Cara at least.)

And so after checking and settling in, Sky left after the sun had set, hands rammed into her pockets while she mumbled something about the cold, nearing the detailed meeting place. Upon entering the establishment and seeing an all too familiar figure sitting at a table, she’d make her way over and slide into the seat across from her. “Long time no see..”

Vampunk Vampunk

As Sky seated herself in front of her, Tamara looked up from her coffee, a hazy mist rising from the warm beverage. Her eyes finding Sky's own, the last time their gazes had met they were far different colors, but this time crimson and amber would not meet but instead an all too familiar steel-grey greeted Sky.

Her hand coming to pull down her hood, Sky would be able to see Tamara's pale visage in all its glory, her raven black hair seeming even darker in contrast with her deathly pale skin that really spoke volumes about her current condition.
"Tell me about it, sister mine." Tamara spoke, her lips curling into a genuine smile, far from the mocking grin that would usually cover the lower parts of her visage, as she brushed a strand of black hair out of her face, revealing a new set of piercings adorning her brow.

"So...Uh...How's Mom and Dad? How are...you? I know we didn't really part on very good terms, huh?" Tamara spoke slowly, her fingers brushing through the stubbly short hair on the left side of her face as she averted the gaze.
"I reckon I should have at least kept in touch, but there was a lot of stuff to be done, and I couldn't really call you during the night, could I?" The vampire would speak as she drummed on the glass table with those long nails of hers.

"Oxford was pretty vocal in trying to not leave any trails Dad could follow. We did get around, yeah. I didn't think I'd ever say it but these bloodsuckers, well...'we' aren't all that bad, especially not compared to what dad had been telling us all those years, did you know there's a special shopping district for vam...Uh...excuse me, I doubt you want to hear all that unimportant stuff." Tamara excused herself, raising a pierced eyebrow.

"Well, there's a reason for me being here, and sadly it's not just to say hi. We got...a problem. And by we I mean 'we' as in all of us and even Oxford. The hunters, well, they're not really a fan of human-vampire hybrids and the thought of it being carried over by parental genes...Doesn't help that the coven doesn't want to get involved at all and started to kinda remove those involved from their ranks..." Tamara continued with a sigh.
"But how have you been? Is Iris and you still an item? How's mom?"

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Tamera looked and even sounded different, even when she wasn't necessarily too much of a different person. Regardless having known the woman her entire life, she spotted these changes almost immediately, it causing her to examine her a little bit closer.

Listening what she had to say, specially about genetic vampirism, Sky cursed with a groan, mumbling "I have half a mind to ask you to bite me right now." Now her and Cara were targets of the covens, but Sky would think that she needed to lie even lower now considering she was a walking impossibility.

As she asked how things had been, Sky would shrug. "We moved into a hotel room cause Dad learned everything. Mom's been fretting over not hearing from you and me not being able to eat yet still having a pulse." Pausing momentarily to shift in her seat, she move onto Iris. "We are... I haven't seen her recently in case I do end up loosing it..." she trailed off, giving her head a brief shake while leaning back in her chair, running a hand down her face.

"How did our lives turn to shit this quickly?"

Vampunk Vampunk

"Well, I would have considered it if I hadn't just fed." Tamara remarked with a raised eyebrow, the skin around her grey orbs darker and rather pronounced, giving her glare a rather haunting look, despite still being unmistakingly her sister's.
"You do have a point though, despite this whole undead shtick being rather weird to getting used to. You might think it'll be over after you get bitten and get to have a taste for blood but hell, there's so much more to it than that. I had to endure Oxford going on and on and on about all the different aspects of being a Vampire and let me tell you I was thankful that I was already dead or I would have died of boredom...." Glancing around Tamara realized that she should keep it down a notch as she already earned some confused looks from the other customers at the café.

"Family Business' suck. That's it. We should have never gotten involved in Dad's craft." Tamara sighed, resting her pointy chin on her palm as she propped up her head, raising an eyebrow at her sister.
"But there's no use crying over spilt milk, there's still so much to live for, or well, un-live in some people's case. The coven might not exactly support this but there are some other vamps who do look out for their kin." The bloodsucker spoke slowly, retrieving a paper bag from her jacket as she put it in front of her sister, the sound of some liquid sloshing around in it being heard.

"Don't worry, it won't have the same effect as it had on me, it's not human. You can consider yourself a vegetarian. It's just that Oxford would rather want you in good shape before shit hits the fan. Go on, take it." Her sister would explain before nudging ever so closer, leaning over.

"There's going to be a big coup this week, Dad is involved in it and it'll be devastating for both us and the non-coven protected vampires if they get things going their way. So, take it from me and let's remind him of how rebellious we used to be in our teens, no?" The vampire would whisper, her cool breath reminding Sky of her sister being the very thing she had been taught to fear.

"Still, you can just go home with that in tow. I can manage on my own, have been for the past week while Oxford's doing some preparatory work." The vampire would add, crossing her arms in front of her chest as her pierced tongue licked over her ivory teeth.
"We'll get by just fine, it's about time the chicks left the nest anyways."

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Sky would’ve managed to crack a small smile. “Are you and him getting along, or does he keep you tied up in a coffin until nightfall?” But then her next action caused this little bit of humor to fade from her expression. As the bag was set on the table and nudged towards her, she eyed it wearily and scooted back a little. Her heart was more or less still beating so this wasn’t a welcome sight.

“Tamera, what if-” Her quite protests were cut off as she explained, the woman soon nodding slowly before taking the bag and slowly looking inside, there being a blood bag laid neatly in the bottom. It sure did look human, but she figured that if it were, she wouldn’t be sitting here having time to contemplate whether it was or note.

“Fuck… alright... “ Sky would mutter in response to this, about to say more when her phone buzzed. Tugging it out of her pocket and squinting at the screen, it was their mother wanting her to return to the hotel. “I gotta leave, thanks for the meeting… and… this.” She’d grab the bag with a slight hesitance before promptly leaving without another word.

When she returned to the hotel, the door was already ajar. Rushing inside, her eyes widened at the current state of things. There were clear signs of a struggle, the bed sheets all rumpled with the bedside lamp on the floor and unplugged. However the most concerning thing was Cara leaning up against the far wall, looking beat up and unresponsive. “Mom!” She cried, moving over towards her but before she could get within a foot of her, the woman suddenly lept up with a snarl, tackling her daughter to the carpeted floor. Her eyes were a gold, almost yellow based on how bright they glowed. Sky remained still, not struggling but clearly terrified as the woman looked about ready to tear her throat out when she slowly realised who she was pinning down. Her expression changing, she blinked a few times before slowly climbing off of her daughter. “Sky… I’m sorry... “ her daugher ignored this however, helping Cara take a seat on the bed while she was still coming off of the adrenaline high. “Christ… what happened?” Her mother was slow to respond. “Hunters… they either tracked us to this room or Hank tipped them off, regardless two came in and when they just found me, they attacked without any warning. For some reason the weapons they were using weren’t silvered…” She paused, a slight grimace washing over her face as she felt a pain sear through her jaw. “I’m fine... how was your meeting with Tamera?”

Sky gave her an annoyed look. “Someone who was just given a vampiric jumpstart is not fine.” “It isn’t as if I haven’t been through this before, now go on. Tell me.” She would finally take the bag she had dropped upon entering, passing it to her. “She gave me this and said that we need to be ready because not only are the covens hunting down genetic vampires, but Hank and the other hunters he works with are also planning something that will affect all of us. What it is, I have no clue. She didn’t bother explaining that part.” Cara nodded slowly, removing the blood from the paper bag before passing it her with a small smile. “I hoped I never was going to have to give this to you, but with it being unavoidable, you’re going to need it.” Sky slowly accepted it, a mixed look upon her face as she mumbled “I can’t believe I’m really doing this,” before tearing a small hole in the top (seeing as she didn’t have any fangs to puncture it with, not yet at least) and awkwardly held it up to her mouth like some type of morbid juice pouch.

The initial reaction was as she expected. An overwhelmingly unpleasant metallic taste that coated her tongue and throat. Her disdain for this was apparent as Cara began to laugh at her expression. But soon it began to change. The more she consumed the more the awful taste (was that a chunk, oh dear god please no) was masked and the gnawing pit in her stomach sated. Finishing and setting it back into the paper bag her mother had to ask. “And?” Using her tongue to rid to as much of it as she could from her teeth and mouth, she grumbled “How the fuck did you drink that shit.” This was also met with a laugh. “You just gotta give it time… hopefully you won’t have to be drinking it much longer. But that should even out any potential manifestations of the infection.” Sky didn’t like the sound of that. “Meaning?” “Meaning you’re going to die a little inside to feel better.” She gave her a gentle nudge. “Not funny.” But, the two laughed still once more.

“So how was Tamera herself?” Cara was finally looking a bit better, her wounds having healed a bit more and her spirits raised. “Dead.” Sky replied before continuing. “She looked fine. Sounded fine, if being annoyed by Oxford is considered fine.” “Oh it is, reminds me of when he found me. Granted he was much younger and inexperienced back then, but still knew much more than what I did.”

The two would talk for another hour or so before heading to bed, knowing that they needed to rest before moving to another hotel, figuring paying with cash would be the best way to keep a lower profile than they had been.

The blue-haired woman had been asleep. Had been. But that was literally impossible at the moment because someone had left the curtains on the windows wide open. It was only six in the morning but the first rays of dawn were enough to force the still living vampire out of bed. Sky’s head was swimming, her skull radiated all possible pain imaginable, and her limbs were almost numb with how cold she felt, but she momentarily removed herself from the warmth of the cocoon she had made to stumble over to the window, tugging them closed while leaning on the wall, cursing the entire time. Doing this she heard her mother stir in the bed she was sleeping in. “How are you feeling, Sky?” Not bothering to really care about the subtle difference in her voice, she glanced towards her mumbling something about the worst hangover in history when she finally collapsed back onto her bed, about to adjust the sheets around her once more when she froze.

Did she really just see that?

Blinking a few times before sitting up and turning around, she recoiled back in shock, eyes wide until her head collided with the wall. “Sky…” Cara would ask slowly, clearly confused at what was going on. “Are you alright?” Bringing up a hand to the back of her head, she’d eye the other woman with an insane look, asking hoarsely “Go look at yourself in a mirror and tell me I’m not fucking losing it already.” Cara would do so, moving into the bathroom and flipping on the light before giving a muffled shout herself.

Emerging from it with a grimace, she’d shake her head. “No… you’re not losing it… I truly look 17 years old.”

As they were both awake and they needed to get to another hotel, there wasn’t any use in sleeping any longer. While they dressed and packed up, Cara began to try and rationalize this. “I was bit when I was 17, and so that’s most likely the physical age the genetic material took hold… so it resuming it would’ve reset me back to this point…” Sky paused after getting everything shoved into her suitcase. “How are we going to explain this to anyone?” “I’ll think of something now open your mouth.” She would do so, wincing at the pain the movement caused. Peering inside she frowned. “They’re coming in faster than I expected. And your pulse?” She handed her her wrist, she checking it with a similar reaction. “You’re warm and its steady… this doesn’t make any sense.” Sky groaned. “I don’t feel warm.” “Fever then, which doesn’t matter seeing as you’re still alive and trying to fight something off when it already has a hold on you.” She was now curious. “What about you? It clearly has had an effect on you since last night?” Cara finished repacking and shoving them towards the door. “I have a few hours left before it’s complete, you may be the same but I have no clue considering I know nothing of genetic vampirism. I want to already have moved by then because I don’t know what could happen when that time has passed. Now we need to go.” With that they exited the room and headed down the hall towards the elevator, Sky finally managing to grin the first time all morning.

“Does this mean I’m technically older than-” “No. I’m still your mother and you’re going to acknowledge that.” With a sigh, Sky rolled her eyes. “Now you can’t even take a joke, huh…”

Vampunk Vampunk

Nodding briefly as Sky took her leave, Tamara murmured a low "Take care." as her sister walked past her and out into the chilly night air, leaving the vampire sitting alone at the small table, gazing out the window as her fingers came to rest around the cup of coffee.
Feeling its warmth against her stiff, cold fingers Tamara watched the haze rise from the hot beverage, lost in thought as her mind dwelled on what they had been going through for the past month.

Letting go of a sigh, Tamara raised a pierced eyebrow at the coffee, puckering her nose in disgust, unable to ever be able to delight in the taste of liquid caffeine was just one of the many downsides of being a vampire.
"How did Oxford spend the past 200 years like this?" Tamara sighed, drumming against the mug with her fingertips as she gazed out of the window, watching the first few drops of rain run down the glass as the cool evening air blew through the small café as someone entered.

A certain someone who'd seat himself opposite of Tamara, sitting up straight and clasping their hands over their crossed knees to grace the vampire with an icy cold glare.
"You've got a lot of nerve to come back. You should've just vacated the area with that ancient Brit when you had the chance, there's nothing here for you bloodsuckers. Better save your own hide and do it like other vermin and leave the sinking ship" The young man, at least several years younger than Tamara, spoke, idealism and foolish conviction spurring his tongue to sling insult after insult at the vampire whose lips shifted into an amused grin.

"They must be really scared by one lonely vamp that they send a runt like you to do their intimidating for them, huh?" Tamara spoke, the tip of her tongue flicking over her elongated fangs as she watched the boy's face turn a shade of milky white that rivaled her own deathly complexion.
"Luckily for you I already had breakfast, but keep talking and I'll consider going for seconds. So, why are you even here, except to prove to the others that you're oh so tough and fearless?" The vampire remarked with a rather bored expression adorning her face as she rested her chin on her propped up palm, raising an eyebrow at the bearer of hopefully "bad" news.

"Why would I tell you filthy bloodsuckers anything?" The boy mumbled, adjusting the collar of his shirt as Tamara rose from her chair, gazing down on the hunter.
"Oh, is that so. They just wanted to test the waters and see if I would kill you if you started to get on my nerves, huh? So scared of a single vampire or are you trying to see if I would cause a public scene and rip your throat out if you pissed me off hard enough? Maybe you'll find out soon enough."

Her fingers disappeared inside her jacket pocket and the boy flinched, his hand instinctively darting towards the knife on his belt as his eyes widened in horror...
Just for Tamara to retrieve some cash, putting it on the table before turning towards the door, putting on her jacket's hood before pulling up the zipper, ready to step out in the pouring rain.
Shooting the young hunter an evil grin Tamara stepped out of the café, smiling innocently at the waitress.
"Keep the change."

Feeling the cold rain drip unto her the vampire let go of a sigh before putting her hands in her pockets, starting to make her way back "home", a small apartment on the top floor of some old-fashioned mansion-like house.
Oxford was acquainted with the landlord and they had allowed him to occupy the penthouse for a the time being, dragging her with him even though she had intended to go back to her family.
But Oxford always advised against it due to the recent hunter activity in the city.

Activities which she had just been a "victim" to, the thought of her father probably being behind this making her scoff, brushing a wet strand of raven black hair out of her face as her high combat boots carried her through the rainy streets, spying a figure following her from the corner of her eye and making her exhale slowly.
"Make it more obvious. Oh so subtle..." The vampire mumbled as she hunched over, trying to meld into the crowd of the busy nightly street, slowly adjusting her course to approach one of the many alleys that spun across the city like some wicked web.

Ducking into one of the alleyways Tamara made sure she had lost her pursuer before lowering her hood, gazing up into the nightly sky as drops of rain ran down her pale cheeks, her eyes watching the many iron ladders and crumbling bricks that lined the building's walls.
"The lengths you have to go for some bloody privacy..." The vampire sighed as she kneeled on the floor, flexing her slender legs before jolting up in a straight line, reaching out with her clawed hand to grasp one of the ladders as she dangled in thin air.

"Shit.shit.shit.shit." Tamara cursed, pulling herself up on the building's roof as she looked down on the alley where several hunters and the metallic glimmer of their knives came pouring in, making a wide grin spread across Tamara's face as she waved at them from her elevated position.

"Better luck next time. Suckers!" The vampire laughed as she watched the city lights below her, taking a deep breath before jumping over the abyss between buildings, landing on all fours on the wet roof of the adjacent house.
"This is going to be a long night..." Tamara exhaled as she readied herself for the next jump...and the countless others to follow.

Arriving at their lair, Tamara tried her best to not rouse their landlords from their beds, not wanting them and Oxford to complain about the children not getting enough sleep.
But even then she would not escape Oxford's nagging as she was greeted by the old Vampire sitting in the un-living room, reading through some of his handbooks that looked as if they could crumble to dust any second.
"What happened to you? You're drenched and...watch where you're going. Take off those filthy boots and go tidy yourself up, young lady." Oxford sighed, his hand coming to meet his pale visage as he looked over to Tamara.
"So, I reckon everything went somewhat smoothly? We're going to need to accommodate two more souls in here if things continue like that. Every lone vampire is going to be in danger once these hunters get what they want." Oxford continued as he rose from his armchair, handing Tamara a cup of some warm, copper-colored liquid.

"Try it, it might not be the same but it should serve as a good substitute. And yes, I know how very thankful you are for this, and how nice it is from me to take such good care of you and how..."
"Sarcasm doesn't suit you..." Tamara growled annoyed, clutching her drenched clothes as she shivered ever so slightly, accepting the mug of caffeinated blood before taking a large gulp of the metallic concoction.

"Hmm, this one's better than the last one. If you continue working on it you'll be filthy rich, how many Vamps miss the old delights of living anyways?" Tamara asked with a raised eyebrow, causing Oxford to smile warmly.
"Oh too many. Now, get out of these soaked clothes and get some rest, we've got work tomorrow."
"I've sent Cara a letter myself is she does care to join us, it'll become a necessity soon enough and you're the one who should value being presentable, no? Wouldn't want her to blame me for not taking care of her daughter." The brit added with a smile.

"One would think you'd enjoy being a dad." Tamara scoffed, grinning at the older Vampire before putting the empty mug on the kitchen counter, making her way to the bathroom and after cleaning herself up and bringing some warmth back to those cold limbs of hers the vampire would come to lie in the claustrophobic confinements of her new makeshift bed, closing her eyes and exhaling slowly.
This was the quiet before the storm and she did not anticipate being woken oh so early in the morning, when the bloodsucking kind was supposed to be sleeping...

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

They would've exited the hotel and began to make their way towards where their car was parked. Cara was about to protest when Sky headed for the driver's seat but she cut her off. "If we get pulled over for whatever reason, I look my age. I'm not risking having to try to explain this to a cop." She would've grumbled a 'fine' before passing her the keys after they entered. "Let's go by the house..." her mother would say after a moment. "I want to see if Hank is there ore not." Based upon her voice, it sounded as if she wasn't telling her something but instead she would begin heading in that direction. "If he's still home and he sees you, maybe he won't believe it?" "I really don't give a shit." Frowning she would fall silent after this, finally trying to realize that her family and her mother's marriage was basically crumbling before her eyes.

They were silent for the entire trip, even when she pulled into the driveway and Cara wordlessly climbed out and walked inside. Keeping the car running just in case, she glanced and saw something sticking out of the mailbox. Getting out herself and walking over to it, she saw it was another letter addressed to her mother this time. Disregarding this and tearing it open, she read the fine ink and delicate script to find that Oxford was inviting them to stay with him and Tamera because of how dangerous things were becoming. And seeing as they were both well on their way to becoming corpses... she figured it was for better.

Before she could walk back to the car, someone walking towards her ripped her from her thoughts. Looking up she gave a mixed look of relief and dread. "Iris..." The taller woman simply embraced her, Sky repaying the favor. "Are you alright?" Her girlfriend would ask, she hesitating before responding. "I'm making do... why are you here?" "I wanted to come by to see you, I didn't know you weren't home." She sighed. "My mom and dad are going through a ro-" Her voice suddenly died as it was replaced with shouts and screams originating from the house. With that she abruptly let go of Iris and ran towards the door albeit a bit clumsy seeing as she wasn't still stable yet. She was confused why the other woman followed but she didn't protest, quickly finding the source of the vocalizations.

Hank had a silver knife held to her mother's throat, the woman struggling against him, pupils slit and eyes glowing, but still clearly terrified at this potential second death sentence. "Dad, what the hell are you doing?!" Sky shouted, taking a step towards him. "My job." He replied in a cool tone. "Your mother's gone, Sky. So is your sister-" "They aren't gone." She snarled, feeling her heart rate slow as she rammed into the man, sending him flying. Her mother would then stand, giving her a grateful look as he stood with a horrified expression. "You got to my only remaining daughter too?" Sky couldn't believe how dense he was being, totally forgetting Iris standing behind her. He didn't bother responding to them directly, instead muttering something along the lines of "it's my fault" before moving towards them, knife ready. Cara had been smart enough to step back, dragging Sky with her by the shoulders so the blade narrowly avoided her torso. "Move! Into the car!" She shouted, Sky doing as said, dragging the stunned Iris with her. However, as they made it through the door, a gunshot rang out, the silver bullet ramming into the doorframe. Cursing them moved faster, Iris scrambling into the back seat while the other two got into the front. Just as Cara was shutting the door, another shot was fired, it embedding itself right in the woman's shoulder.

A brief period of silence followed as she was quick to start driving down the road, heading towards the address Oxford had given them. This was soon broken as she began to curse in pain, wincing as she looked down at the wound, the flesh around the area beginning to wither and die. "Get to-" "We're meeting up with Oxford and Tamera." Cara seemed surprised by this but fell silent, nodding. Glancing back and seeing a more than startled Iris. "Welcome to how fucked my family has become." She apologized with a sigh, pressing a bit harder on the gas pedal.

They pulled up in front the rather impressive mansion in record time, Sky quickly shutting off the car and running to the door, knocking obnoxiously loud while shouting "If either of you corpses are awake, get your asses outside!"

Vampunk Vampunk

After three entire weeks of being a bloodsucking night prowler, Tamara had already fully adapted to her new nocturnal un-lifestyle, sleeping soundly in the rather fancy Coffin Oxford had provided her with.
In hindsight it was just logical that a vampire would prefer sleeping in a box instead of a bed as being able to close the lid and not be bothered by sunlight or other things that would threaten the sanctity of their undead rest was truly one of the perks, with the claustrophobic feeling being one of the downsides....

Just like noise still being one of the things able to get through the blackened wood and the fancy metallic ornaments, making Tamara wake as her eyes darted around behind closed lids, making the vampire grimace, baring her teeth as she mumbled some profanities.
"Huh?... What's the..." Tamara muttered as she raised her stiff body from her coffin, hitting her pale forehead on the lid and making her curse loudly, threatening to shake even Oxford from his slumber.

Peeking out of the window, trying to avoid getting an unhealthy dose of morning sun in the process, Tamara noticed three people standing at the door; Sky, her Girlfriend Iris and some other girl she could swear she had seen before.
And they didn't seem very happy or up for chit chat.

Wanting to get to the bottom of the matter, Tamara slid out of the apartment, thankful that the landlord and their children were out of town for a few days as her bare feet carried her swiftly down the stairs, arriving at the door and opening it slowly, peeking out with a pretty annoyed expression as the dark circles under her eyes seemed to be even more noticeable.
"What? You should know by now that I'm not available during the day, you sho...." Just for Tamara's eyes to widen at the sight of Cara and the scent of decay.
"Oh shit, is she alright, wait...Mom?!" Tamara mumbled, her mind darting from one question to the other as she tried making sense of the situation before shaking her head.

"Come, I'll help you carry her." The vampire spoke swiftly, draping one of Cara's arms over her shoulder and swiftly taking her upstairs, knowing the commotion was bound to wake the older vampire up, and she was sure he would not be all too happy about the current situation.

And just as they reached their apartment Oxford's tall frame appeared at the doorway, a curious look on his face that changed into one of pure confusion and shock as he noticed who exactly the sisters were carrying up the many steps.
"C..Cara?!" Oxford exclaimed, all color drained from his face, more so than usual as he motioned towards the un-living room.

"Quick, get her over here." The Vampire yelled, his long hands scrambling through his many suitcases and bags, retrieving several medical apparel and blood bags as Tamara carefully put her mother on the couch, watching Oxford lean over her and examine the wound, baring his teeth and hissing in anger.

"Who did this to her?!" He asked, his eyes flashing a milky white as they threatened to stare holes into the sister's very souls.
But he did not leave them time to answer this as he loomed over Cara, holding her hand as his fingertips brushed over her still warm skin.
"Don't worry, everything's going to be alright." The Brit said as he retrieved a metallic pincer from his bags, pulling Cara's clothing off the wound as he examined it, watching flesh sizzle and decay as the silver corrupted the vampiric tissue.

Gritting his teeth Oxford removed his belt, putting folding the leather and making Cara bite on to it as he nodded towards her...
before plunging the metallic pincer into the wound and found the bullet nestled in a bed of flesh.
A bead of sweat ran down his forehead as Oxford grasped the bullet tightly, pulling it from Cara's body as blood came gushing from the wound, the vampiric tissue struggling to heal and start closing the wound, forcing Oxford to apply pressure with his hands.

Exchanging glances with Cara Oxford exhaled sharply.
"Running out of options, it's healing poorly, if at all..." The Vampire muttered lowly as he turned towards the sisters.
"What happened?..No matter..." The vampire remarked, turning his attention to the wound, the blood refusing to clot.

"Cara, be strong." Oxford finally spoke after a pause as he bared his teeth, ripping a chunk of flesh out of his wrist and pressing it against Cara's lips, forcing her to swallow his dark blood as his fingers clenched around her nose, making not a single drop go to waste as his own strength was draining with every passing second of him transferring his life into Cara.

But it would not be enough, not this time, he had to bet everything on one card, one bold move.
Removing his bloodied wrist from Cara's lips Oxford's pale eyes met hers as he shook his head slowly.
"Forgive me." Before plunging his own teeth into her neck, burying them completely in her flesh as he closed his eyes, his hand cupping Cara's head while the other clutched her hand tightly as he drained the woman he loved of all her blood, a dreary haze soon overcoming Cara as she slipped into unconsciousness.
Leaving her fate up to her own body, to be reborn as a true vampire or to die, still a human, and forcing Oxford to live, blaming himself for her death.

Sinking into his armchair, hands, arms and face bloodied, Oxford's sunken eyes wandered over to Sky and Tamara, devoid of any words as Tamara still stood there, frozen in shock....

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Sky couldn't speak as Oxford tended it her, Cara already mute due to the pain she was in. It was only after he had finished draining her did her condition stabilize somewhat, the wound no longer struggling but rather slowly sealing itself as the woman was once again was greeted with undeath.

Now it was her turn to explain everything.

"Last night hunters attacked her. She had been able to defend herself but provoked the infection in the process and woke up like... that..." she gestured towards the physically youngest person in the room. "We went back to the house for something she was looking for when Iris-" she took a step back to stand beside the nervous and confused woman, "showed up. We thought Hank had left too but he got to her first. We almost were able to escape until he started firing, managing to hit Mom before we left."

There was a large moment of silence before Sky began to speak again, this time much more agitated. "Both of you are beyond help at this point and I'm going to be in god-knows-what condition in a few hours... would it just make more fucking sense to get it over with already?"

Iris would gently grasp one of Sky's arms, she looking towards her more than defeated. "Yes, vampires exist, my family is fucked... I'm sorry you had to be dragged into all of this." "I um... know they exist..." The quiet woman responded, sky raising an eyebrow. "Wait... really?"

What was she missing...

Vampunk Vampunk

After listening to Sky explaining recent events to them, both vampires listened to her with mortified faces, Tamara shaking her head and rubbing her temples, her nails brushing through her short hair.
"Man, Dad really snapped, makes me wonder if he ever really loved us for him to do such a thing. Guess he'd file a divorce if he could." Tamara tried lighten the mood before Sky turned to her girlfriend, intent on officially introducing her to their fucked up world they were living in.

Just for Iris to mumble something about already knowing of the existence of bloodsuckers, making Tamara's eyes widen as she burst out into a laughing fit, her lips curling into an amused grin as she chuckled, pointing a claw at Sky.
"And you..." laughing in between words as her eyes wandered from Iris to Sky and back, "You tried so hard to keep all our hunting business from her, going on how it would ruin your relationship and all..." Trying to catch her breath in between laughing at her sister, Tamara brushed a strand of black hair out of her face before turning to Iris.
"Raises the question though on how you even know about..." Gesturing towards her elongated fangs and pale visage. "This. Hunter? Or also a bloodsucker?"

Making Oxford let out a sigh. "How many times did I tell you to stop using that word...It's extremely insulting and reduces us to simple parasites." The Brit remarked, shaking his head as his pale eyes met Cara's own, his hands coming to grasp her own, taking in the sensation of her now cool skin on his own as a soft smile crept unto his long face.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Sky watched as Iris looked between the few of them before she slowly shifted the jacket she was wearing to reveal a rather large scar on the lower half of the right side of her neck. It was as if someone had taken a chunk out rather than simply bit her. This was really all she needed to slowly make her way towards the half of the couch Cara wasn't taking up to simply out her had in her hands and fall silent.

Her mother on the other hand was slowly beginning to stir, the infection process not taking nearly as long due to it already having been underway. "Just like old times..." she muttered through clenched teeth while squeezing Oxford's hand, the changes however still not completely finished.

Eventually Sky pulled herself out of a reflective and self pitying moment to look up towards the group she was surrounded by, Iris having a guilty look clear upon her face. "How were you outside?" She mumbled, the woman replying. "I... had fed recently." Then looking to the other corpses the room she would ask "None of you knew?" Cara tried to sit up, but if Oxford would protest laid back down. "I did, her reaction to Witty-" she stopped suddenly, her eyes closed as her face seemed to redden slightly which was rather bright against her pale skin. "I just said that in front of my daughters and one of their girlfriend..." she muttered before taking a breath. "Oxford made it rather clear, but saying anything wouldn't have been smart. Besides, she's hiding it extremely well."

Vampunk Vampunk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back