• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Familiar (Accepting Humans)

Familiar

Links
CS

• ba0bbc457fa91382b2b81177d29b086a.png
    Heavy boots slog on the muddy grounds of the dank cavern with every step you take, leather clad arms brush against a sweat covered brow, a blood soaked face barely able to see through the dim extremities. That is, until the final corner is turned. Cries of excitement can be heard all too well from your comrades, as chests filled to the brim with gold, jewels, and royalties fill their eyes. Yet yours can only focus on one thing, that no one else pays any mind toward, it was beautiful, you...
    Look to the different items on display. The trader continues to hand you various items, fakes, knockoffs, worthless items of all manner. A disappointed sigh leaves the man's lips as you refuse each one, you didn't come here for charity, but for business, you knew what could sell well, and he had nothing of interest. His head hangs dejectedly, only able to watch as you begin to walk away, before you stop, pointing to something in the side of his shop. His eyes light up, but only with confusion. It was the first time the item garnered any interest, and while you could hide your own, you weren't about to leave without it, you...
    Sit, if you can even call it that, your dishevelled hair drooping over your dirt-ridden face. Ragged patches of clothing the only things to your name, if you could even remember it through the memories that eat at you, haunting every waking second... Though they are preferable to the alternative. A hat, filled with holes, drenched by time, sits before your unresponsive body. Strangers pass it, you're already dead to them, not even a single coin resting within the fake leather. Yet, somehow in your state, you hear a slight *thud* as the weak material is struck. Your eyes stretch open as you weakly lean toward it. No one stands by it, but inside sits something... Amazing, you...
    Take the gem, sure you are but a child, yet you've never seen something like it. How could it have just been laying here without someone taking it? You take a small cloth from your hand, wiping the smudges from the surface, it was as if others had mistaken it for trash but you knew better.

No matter your story, this jewel, this bauble, whatever you might name it, seems oddly different, not of this world, yet you couldn't simply leave it be. It was almost as if something drew you to it, you were meant to own this. It had been a week, a day, an hour... You stare into the precious stone, a flash of coloured light erupting into your eyes, followed by... Words? These symbols that appear in your mind, they were of no language you have ever seen, yet you could read them perfectly. Wait!? Who was this?

Belated breaths escaped your nostrils as you stared toward these unfamiliar lands. The blue, or perhaps grey, sky, the large blinding sphere that shone down upon you. One thousand of your kind, sent to the world of man every thousand years, to determine who would rule your home. You had no choice in the matter, whether you wanted to or not, you would fight for the position. You grip the stone that binds you to this world, its colour reflecting familiarly off of the rays of light. You had best find a human that can wield your power, that shares your goals, and you'd best do it soon... The game has already begun.

Last edited:
I'm definitely interested, I actually just finished Zatch Bell as well! TA
Nice! It's a great show, though the lore has nothing directly to do with this universe (in case anyone reading is worried about that).
What type of character were you thinking of? As in, a Familiar and human that bond, or maybe one to partner another player with? :^D

Yeah I'll totally be up for it. Might see if I can't get anyone else interested. SR
Thanks! Definitely open for any interest.

I HATH BEEN SUMMONED TO EXPRESS MY INTEREST, BY THE SOLEMNEST OF JESTERS!!!

Hue, I'm not very familiar with Zatch Bell, but I'm definitely intereeested~

I HATH BEEN SUMMONED TO EXPRESS MY INTEREST, BY THE SOLEMNEST OF JESTERS!!!

Hue, I'm not very familiar with Zatch Bell, but I'm definitely intereeested~
Don't worry, you don't need to be familiar with it in the slightest, everything you need to know should be in the interest check post! Any questions, just ask, and I will answer and add it to the information.

On that note, I've just added specifics on humans and Familiars in a new tab 'Characters' and the way casting incantations will work. I've also removed any confusion about possibilities with what will be set in the roleplay, after talking to a few of the interested players on messages I've specified things such as allowing humans to use magic (which yes, they can).

Interested... however, one question.

What shape do these familiars take?

Standard familiar/Pokemon bestial/animal creatures, or stuff like Fate/Stay Night and whatnot, where the familiars are human or humanoid? Or is it like DnD, where it can be a mix of the two?

Yes. I am well versed in stuff involving companions. xD. Now, if you'll excuse me.... Starts the 'Final Countdown' in preparation for CS.

Interested... however, one question.

What shape do these familiars take?

Standard familiar/Pokemon bestial/animal creatures, or stuff like Fate/Stay Night and whatnot, where the familiars are human or humanoid? Or is it like DnD, where it can be a mix of the two?

Yes. I am well versed in stuff involving companions. xD. Now, if you'll excuse me.... Starts the 'Final Countdown' in preparation for CS.

The Familiars don't take a shape on the human world, they exist as they do in their own worlds. Physically they are on average similar to human, with some distinct differences that they notice far more easily than humans do due to their similarity (Such as markings on their bodies, lines through their skin, small horns, or whatever else appeals to you when creating a character). That being said, there are Familiars that look very different from humans, you could have one that looks like a Minotaur, or a cat, it's up to you, but do know that these types of Familiars will have harder times interacting with humans as they cannot blend in as easily, not that it is a big deal, and you will need to explain in more detail about their origin (the tribe or group they belong to in the Familiar world, ect.)

Another option however, is to have a Familiar that looks like a humanoid, but through their spells their appearances change, it's really up to you how you go about that, and as long as I know about it most appearances should be fine. In fact that is something I have been planning with some plot characters. (Also, if you haven't yet, please give the rules section a quick look :))

RizaTiz RizaTiz Taraninja16 Taraninja16 Solemn Jester Solemn Jester Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool Mqueserasera Mqueserasera
This is not direct to your question, but I thought I would add it to this comment for everyone. I am adding a section in the setting tab to note how Familiar's spells will work, just to remove possible confusion. Familiars spells will all be similar in idea, like a 'type' of sorts, that is to say all spells should be similar in some regard. Such as a Familiar whom uses fire spells having all their spells incorporate flames or perhaps heat in some way.

Also, I believe we have enough interest for me to start working on a character sheet. I have a test today so it will have to wait until after that, but it should be out within the next day. As for the ooc, I can make that sooner so we can all have a place to discuss ideas and possible characters. Does anyone have any issues with using discord? I find it easier to use to communicate quickly, but if there's issue with it I can create and ooc thread or group message instead.

RizaTiz RizaTiz Taraninja16 Taraninja16 Solemn Jester Solemn Jester Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool Mqueserasera Mqueserasera darkborn darkborn Remembrance Remembrance
Please note the server is only for ooc communication, no IC will occur here other than possible collaborations that will then be posted to the ic thread. If you have any issues, please let me know. New members can also join the discord, this is the best place to ask me any questions, either on the channels or by pm, but it is still good to express your interest on this thread. Don't worry about posting any characters here, that will be on the cs sheet when it is made, but you are welcome to discuss your ideas.

Character sheet will be coming soon, I'll be away for a few hours from now, but once I'm back I will get it ready, hopefully before the end of the day.

Also, Solemn Jester Solemn Jester will be co GM for the rp, helping with plot elements, and NPC characters.

Last edited:
Hey there! I can't run Discord, but this game sounds super cool. Can I join even if I don't have one?
Yep no problem it just means I might take a little longer to get back to you. I'll post important info in threads so long as someone can't access the discord.

On the note of discord, my link got deleted so I'll make an ooc thread and post it there once I get home.

*Elbow drops my interest into the thread.*
Looks like i'll be a part of numerous RPs
W a h o o .
(Undetermined whether or not i'll join for real though, still gotta figure that one out.)

O.N.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back