• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy False World (MAIN)

Lemming raised an eyebrow, "So you're just one of them, eh'? Well, it doesn't have nothin' to do with the world being... what.. f-" He stopped himself, his eyes going wide. He sat up in his seat, turning to the man he'd very much misunderstood. "Oh... oh no, aw hell no," He said, chuckling to himself, "You've got to be screwin' with me." He sighed, lowering his head. "Alright, I see where yer' comin' from, and it makes a bit more sense. Even so, I'd rather we not assume we're where I... YOU think we are."
Zee looked around, seemingly oblivious to the current situation.

"Yes, I am. And exactly for these irrational reactions of people I have to keep it a secret. I've hardly used my ability and never trained it so practically it's useless now." She replied Lamming coldly. "I thought you can't believe how deep in shit we are in. That's why I wanted to give you some proof but now I see you problem is that you don't want to understand at all." She said trying to keep her tone polite toward the man whom she even didn't know his name. She observed both of them for a moment then nodded. "I've to admit leaving the pub can be a good idea too. You may find out about limits of are prankster's power. I'll be here waiting to see if he/she is going to make us meet again." She suggested.

Ned stood there for a moment, Thinking on how to solve the puzzle he had been thrown into while the others bickered about the situation.

"Whoever this man is, I doubt he will be coming back for a nice chat... This is a game for him so he has obviously set clues on how to escape for us to find." Ned said as he scanned the room once again.

He took in every detail to make sure he didn't miss a single thing. It wasn't until he overheard a conversation that he was convinced on their next move.

"You hear about what's going on down at Westwood Park?"

"Westwood Park. That should be our next move." Ned said as he paced towards the door.

"This'd be easier to do together, but if you all insist on making it difficult, then I have no issue leaving all of you to die..." He added as he walked out the door and made his way to Westwood Park.

MJ ._. MJ ._. 11254man 11254man

"Hey, I was on your side!" Roya objected as Ned said he was leaving them to die or something like that. Her look shifted from the man who was leaving them behind to the other who hated people with abilities, then she made her mind and chased after Ned. It wasn't like she could rely on this stranger but at least they were leaving the pub and if she was wrong about trusting his idea, she would find out sooner. "Well, Mr. Walker... would you please explain a little about your talent? I think knowing that might help if we are going to work as a team." Se tried to start a more respectful chat with him as their first encounter wasn't as nice as she wished it to be.

Zee looked down at lemming, who was tapping away it his phone within the booth. Zee grabbed him by the arm, pulling him towards the door.
Lemming took exception to this. "What the hell do you think you're doing!"
"Come on, we gotta go."
"Ok, Zee, you're gonna have to listen to me," Lemming said, twisting his arm from Zee's grip. "The guy's right, we ain't the real world, however... I think he's stretching a bit with the clues and all. I'm just-"
Zee grabbed his arm again, again struggling to get him towards the door.
"You know what, fine," Lemming protested one last time, "But I ain't gonna be all smiles and sunshine the whole way through."
"Right," Zee replied, "Don't care."
He pulled Lemming out the door, and they began towards Westwood Park.

Barely a foot away from the doorway of the pub, Roya had already made it to Ned's side and began a conversation.

"Talent? I don't know about talent... I'm just extremely observant and able to implement details I gain into useful information." Ned replied, still looking ahead.

Ned heated the door open and close once again. He was positive it was Zee and Lemming.

"Does the park serve any relative meaning to any of you by chance? This may help us explain why he wants us to go there." Ned asked, turning his head so Zee and Lemming could hear. "If that's where we must go..." He mumbled quietly.

Despite his usual, monotonic tone, Ned was feeling confused, on edge even. He had never had such a thing as this occur to him and felt completely out of his element.

"I see... That's very important and useful." roya replied briefly as felt Ned wasn't a chatty type. She remained silence, thinking about the reasons why someone would like to play such prank on her, till Ned asked if anyone had any relations with westwood park. She didn't need to think much before answering.
"I'm not sure if it can help or not, but I used to play here years ago... I had 5 or 6... But that doesn't matter because I almost have been in evey park of this town..." she said then wondered if she had to tell every details. "and I came here last month." she paused again still not being sure about giving every details. "for a date... Another one..." she added in the end.

"Ey! Crazies!" Lemming yelled ahead, jogging towards the duo with Zee in toe. "I know what's goin' on, at least a little bit," He said, huffing as he slowed to a walking pace just behind them. "Sorry, not wonderfully athletic..." he sputtered, Zee catching up at this moment.
He too slowed down to a walk, stuffing his hands into his pockets. "So, Westwood park and a date, don't let us stop your explanation, unless that was it," Zee said.

Ned thought for a moment, weighing the possibilities. There wasn't enough information to guarantee a right answer, but a theory was better than nothing.

"This man knows just about every facet of our daily lives, except the most personal of information, that is... So he could use anything against us if it was ever in the eyes of the public. Spare no details..." Ned said to Roya, but loud enough so Lemming and Zee could hear.

Suddenly, Lemming yelled something that caught Ned off guard.

"What do you mean? Explained." Ned demanded, coming off a bit more intimidating than he meant to.

He noticed Zee come up who still looked as if today was a normal day for him. Ned wanted to ask him about that, but decided to wait till he found out what Lemming knew.

Roya watched Lemming and Zee trying to catch up. "It's almost it... these things are regular." She replied Zee. Ned was demanding on more details but the more she thought of it the less possible it sounded. "It's easy to say; all the details. You know it takes hours to explain all details of one morning and we are not sure if that morning even matters. I prefer to know what kind of memories I have to look up." She told Ned who was rather absorbed by Lemming's comment. "Please, go ahead and tell us." She asked the guy that she didn't expect to cooperate easily.

"You mean me?" Lemming asked, raising an eyebrow at the girl. "I had a friend who had a friend and so on and so forth..." He scanned the surrounding area. "At any rate, this guy was able to do shit like... well... like what the crazy dude was talkin' about. I forgot what it w-" A sudden blaring of music caught Lemming off guard.
"Sorry!" Zee exclaimed, fiddling with his I-Pod shuffle.

Last edited:
Before Zee's music went off, Ned was surprised Lemming knew something more about the 'sorcerer'. Ned didn't know what to call the strange man, but Sorcerer seemed right.

"Please... Keep that... Down..." Ned said to Zee, trying not to lose his temper.

It took him a moment to stop himself from rubbing behind his ears, but he was finally able to regain his composure.

"What were you saying, Lemming?" Ned asked.

11254man 11254man MJ ._. MJ ._.

"I'm all ears... please go on... Mr... did I ask for you name before?" Roya spoke to Lemming who had left his sentence half told. She wasn't going to lose patient so soon but Ned seemed to be irritated. Just then she noticed how troublesome having sharp senses could be. "I'd wear a pair of headphones or a hat to cover my ears if I were in your shoes." She suggested.

"Sorry!" Zee yelped, fumbling with the volume on his device, spiking it up before finally figuring out which way was which and turning it down to a low background hum.
"Kid needs his music", Lemming said in his friend's defense. "Anyway, there was this guy, right? Part of the staff at my old work. Guy was able to get the most stone-faced, emotionless psychopaths to spill their guts in fifteen minutes flat. Him and I, right? We was pretty good friends, I'd consider it. Didn't talk much, but mostly friendly interactions, you know? Anyways, so this one time, I'm off the clock, don't got nothin' to deliver, so's I go to see what he was up to, how he got these guys to talk so quickly. So I get there, and-" He was once again interrupted, this time by a raised section of pavement. He tripped over it, catching himself relatively well.

"Maybe we should sit somewhere first. You may blow your head next time..." Roya suggested then paused and frowned. "Or these are not accidents?" She looked at Lemming with widened eyes. "Boy, you're about to hit the bull's eye! The master of this game is trying to stop you from sharing you information." She whispered anxiously.

"I partly agree with Roya... Let's just get to the park." Ned said, wishing he knew wether Roya was right or not.

Nothing made much sense anymore. This world may have been made to seem real, but truthfully, everything was wrong, out of place, off tempo... Ned thought he'd go insane if he had to hear another car drive by. The sound was off and he couldn't help but notice it every time.

"Come on let's get off the street, the park is just down block..." Ned grumbled, moving a little faster now.

"Yeah, yeah," Lemming said, rather patronizingly, as he made his way to his feet. "Nobody help me up or anything."
Zee was just as quickly on his way down the street, the quiet music he'd been playing now a bit faster paced. "Sounds like a plan," he interjected, trying to make everyone feel at least a little bit better.

"We expected your friend to give you a hand... I need mine!" Roya played along with Zee.
After sitting on the first row of benches in the park, near a small pool with a lively fountain, Roya remained silence and looked around for a while. "Seems quiet enough. Well, what were you about to tell us before you fell, Lemming?" She asked the guy who seemed to be less distant and annoying than when they met in the pub.

After finally making it to the park, Ned wasted no time to get to work. Silently scanning the scenery before him, Ned looked for anything that could be taken as a clue or hint to where he should go from here.

There were signs, people, trails... Normal things in a park; but the park was, for the area, massive. Ned took in every detail he could and closed his eyes so that he may be able to think and hopefully connect everything together.

Ned was mumbling to himself, almost completely inaudible for even him to hear as he quickly worked through all his memory; it was like he wasn't even there, and instead trapped in his own mind.

"That was pretty much it, I think." Lemming had been sent a bit ajar by the pavement. "I think we're close to the park anyway."
Zee was almost entirely silent at this point. He didn't find himself to be much for talking in the first place, but he felt uneasy to an even further degree around this group. Lemming was a friend, to be sure, but not one he'd had for a long while. If there was one thing he'd noticed about the incredibly strange bagman, it was not his trustworthiness, to be certain. More his fondness for getting into, then swiftly out of trouble, Zee posited. But even under this assumption, Lemming was far and away the closest to someone he could trust in the immediate vicinity. This was not a good thing.

"You were twlling us about the guy you met and a guy who had the ability to trap people minds in a virtual world or something like that." Roya reminded Lemming. "I thought you were going to give us a name or at least the reason you went to meet them." She said and had a look over the park and rest of the small group. Ned looked to be diving in his own world. Roya patted his shoulder. "Are you with us?" She asked,

Things were coming together, a lot of it was a blur, but it all made sense somehow. Conversations, colors, street and trail names... They began to click. Before Ned could get the answer he was looking for, Roya put a hand on Ned's shoulder, snapping him out of his concentration.

"I'm thinking, don't bother me..." He said in a monotonic yet sharp tone before Roya had even finished her sentence.

A few moments passed and Ned finally opened his eyes to look around.

"There! Follow me!" He exclaimed as he ran towards the overgrown foliage that split the two paths in the center of the park.

He didn't slow down to carefully make his way through the bushes and just plowed between it all, nearly tripping over the thick brush. Once he made it through, he wasted no time to continue moving. Before he could even take four steps forward he quickly realized something very wrong. The scenery before him made no sense; he was in a vast forest. The trees weren't even the same ones as in the park.

Ned was frozen in place as he tried to work out how it was all possible, but he was stumped, confused, scared even. He waited there for the others, fearful of what may come next if he walked alone.

"Where the hell did he-" Lemming began, before Zee quite rudely cut him off.
"Wait up!" Zee grabbed Lemming by the arm, taking him through the brush, turning up his music a little bit. Without so much as a second of rest, Zee maneuvered perfectly to the spot where the quite cryptic man had made rest. Realizing the man was within near earshot, he quickly lowered the volume on his music. "We're here!"
Lemming was wide eyed, almost catatonically staring directly ahead, a point that was currently taken up by a large tree. He began to speak between dry, wheezing breaths, "Why... Couldn't... we... slow... down..." He lowered his head, bending over and placing his hands above his knees. It seemed like an attempt to calm down and get his energy back, but his physical state attested to its not being particularly useful.

Roya pulled her hand away immediately. She was a little shocked and irritated by his reaction. "Sorry..." She mumbled as pulled herself away slightly. Suddenly the man said: "There! Follow me!" and ran toward an unknown destination. Roya at first hesitated. She stood and took a few steps forward then tried to remember why she had trusted that man in first place. Even if they were trapped in an illusion, wouldn't it be better for them to stay away from each other? She wondered but when Zee dragged Lamming chasing after Ned, she felt like she had to know what Ned was after, before separating from them. Thus, the young girl ran after those guys without knowing where they were heading.
Roya was the last one to reach the mysterious forest. She stared at every direction of the vast green but couldn't believe his eyes. "Of course... it's a lie... too obvious to be denied. What if we refuse to play this game and go back home pretending everything is fine? The prankster might get tired and look for new dolls to play with... " She suggested as didn't want to step in someone's fantasy.

Ned heard the others move into the new scenery before them all. Fog covered the entire forest, making the vast emptiness of nothing more than trees and flat, leaf covered ground seem even more infinite. Everything looked pale, grey almost; as if all the color was slowly dispersing into nothingness.

"Dread... This place is ruled by dread..." A voice spoke out, not too far from the group.

Ned snapped his head towards the direction of the voice, only to see a mangy, malnourished man sitting against a withered tree. He looked as though he was on the verge of death. His head was covered by a outgrown beard, brown like the hair on his head. His clothes were torn and stained. The once white shirt, button-up from the looks of it, had red stains across it, along with many other splotches of yellow and black. His jeans were barely fit to be called clothing due to them being shredded into slivers.

"Dread... Dread..." He repeated over and over.

Ned stood there, stricken with fear and astonishment. He couldn't even find the will to moves his legs.

"What...?" He breathed fearfully, as if told horrible news.

(Sorry for the late reply! Things got a bit busy with life and all and didn't have time for the RP)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back