• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy False World (MAIN)

Irish_Dragon_76

False Worlds:

Pocket Dimensions used to trap people, for whatever reason one may deem fit, in an environment identical to that of their own. The realism within a False World is only limited to the power and skill of the creator of one...

The chances of you knowing this are slim, which would explain why you have yet to realize you are in one. And why you neglect to notice my narration. You, and many others are stuck in what is most likely the most complex and well designed False World to ever be created. It'd take a miracle to get you to notice something wrong with your surroundings... Nevertheless, whether or not you have headed my warnings, I hope you the best in finding your way out. And the answer behind why you have been put here...

OCC

Character Archive

Info/Rules

Today was a strange day. The lighting of Ned's room seemed off, different somehow. Everything tasted a bit different too and the scent was strange, like it didn't smell how it should. Ned's neighbor, John Mcfreedy, left his apartment room, room 204, a few minutes off schedule. John always ran by, relatively loudly due to being late for work and rushing, Ned's room at 9:03. Today, he was outside his room at 9:02.

"Off schedule, very strange..." Ned thought, feeling troubled by the feeling of his surroundings. Everything was screaming with difference but there was no logical reason why. Ned tried to ignore it through the day but it seemed almost impossible. Even the people at work were a bit off.

Everyone just ignored Ned, like he wasn't even there. That was normal most of the time, but Devin, one of the people who worked up front to wake orders, usually gave Ned a dirty look when Ned came in to work. That never happened.

Ned's coffee had more sugar, a 1/4 of a gram too much, than it usually had, despite the woman who worked there knowing exactly how much sugar and creamer Ned liked since he's been going there for almost a year now
Today was a strange day. The lighting of Ned's room seemed off, different somehow. Everything tasted a bit different too and the scent was strange, like it didn't smell how it should. Ned's neighbor, John Mcfreedy, left his apartment room, room 204, a few minutes off schedule. John always ran by, relatively loudly due to being late for work and rushing, Ned's room at 9:03. Today, he was outside his room at 9:02.

"Off schedule, very strange..." Ned thought, feeling troubled by the feeling of his surroundings. Everything was screaming with difference but there was no logical reason why. Ned tried to ignore it through the day but it seemed almost impossible. Even the people at work were a bit off.

Everyone just ignored Ned, like he wasn't even there. That was normal most of the time, but Devin, one of the people who worked up front to wake orders, usually gave Ned a dirty look when Ned came in to work. That never happened today.

Ned's coffee had more sugar, a 1/2 of a gram too much, than it usually had, despite the woman who worked there knowing exactly how much sugar and creamer Ned liked since he's been going there for almost a year now.

Worst of all, Ned's very footsteps were off tune. The concrete felt different and the sound of his shoes hitting the ground were completely different. Ned began to feel as though he would lose it, and he was sure his face showed the look...

Zee strut down the sidewalk, his footsteps in rhythm with the rather loud music emanating from his person. His head swayed from side to side with the music, though his eyes faced ground. Both hands were wrapped under the respective straps of a turquoise backpack adorned with donuts. He made a left turn into a club with the word "Crowfoot" above it, as well as the outline of a crow silhouette. The doorman had already had the door held open for him.

As he entered the club, Zee pulled a small cube from his pocket, pressing a button in the center of it. The music stopped, though it had already been taken over by the much louder turmoil of the club. A shabby looking man in a grey sweatshirt, plain white T-Shirt, and Dress Pants glanced back to see Zee, trying to finish up the story he'd been telling the ladies at his table. No doubt it was at least half-fake, Zee had thought. Zee sat up at the bar, dropping his backpack next to him.

"How ya' doin'?" The man in the sweatshirt asked, finding a seat adjacent to Zee's. He glanced back at the duo of ladies, who had seemed to lose all interest in him as soon as he'd left the table. "Women, right?" He said, chuckling to himself, shaking his head. He looked back at Zee, who'd taken to rummaging through his backpack. "You got any new stuff today?" He asked, giving a few seconds for Zee to respond, which Zee did not use. "Like a brick wall," The man muttered to himself, before turning his attention to the bartender. "A Corona for myself and the gentleman with the strangely colored backpack, please!"

Zee chuckled, speaking while folded over the stool so as to reach his backpack. "You have the subtlety of an atom bomb when you're trying to get people's attention," Zee said, the drinks arriving on the wooden counter above him.

"You're welcome for the drinks, you mean," The man replied, taking a swig from his own. He turned to the bartender, who was looking at him expectantly. "Put it under 'Lemming', will ya' hon'?" The bartender shot him a dirty look, but none-the-less strolled away. Zee had finished fishing out an old-school C-D player, along with a few disks, one with a piece of blank paper taped to it. "Ooh, fancy!" Lemming interjected, "I guess that means your set's next?"

"Yup. Try to make sure no one steals the backpack this time," Zee responded, grabbing the beer and taking the C-D player with its disks.

"Have fun up there!" Lemming called out, as Zee turned down the hallway leading to the booth.

Zee removed the laptop the last DJ had been using, replacing it with the suprisingly compact C-D player. He took the piece of paper off the top of the first disk, sliding it into the player. He pressed a few buttons on the side of the player, before pulling back to the dials, buttons, and turntables before him.

"Yes, we've uncovered a little bit of information on a rather unsavory group of people, if you are willing to look into them a little further, we are willing to give you something -- nice," she spoke in a hushed voice before she looked down towards the messily spread out documents on the table. She stopped for a moment, and then turned back towards the rookie, "I think I might have placed it on your pile, can you please check for 'that'?", he almost doesn't realize what he was asked to do for a second, a little dazed in the whole situation, after all the head investigator is giving some very classified information to some random man that, as far as he knows, has no affiliation with the police; there was no way that someone like him, who doesn't pay any attention during the briefing and is just lazing around when the head is giving him information is... his thoughts wandered as he rummaged through the pile of paper he was holding in front of him with a slight frown on his face.

"Now, now, I'm not enemy." Lee, who up until this point, has been scrolling through his phone and lazily hanging onto the back of the chair with his left arm, almost slumping as if he had no interest in the current situation suddenly began to spoke. His voice had a playful twist at the end of the sentence, as if he's trying to make a small joke - a small grin appeared on his face before looked back down towards his phone.

"No, I certainly hope not," The recruit snapped, glaring at Lee with a rather nasty look on his face. "We are dealing with matters where people are being kidnapped and potentially trafficked, this is a very serious matter, life and death literally, and I sure hope you wer--"

"That's enough!" The chief shouted as she looked back, her face crunched up in anger, "Please don't mind him, he's still a little wet behind the ears." she joked then turned back towards Lee and gave him a small, forced smile. Silence roared across the room, leaving only the slight ticking of the clock and ruffling of paper to fill the room. After a few minutes of waiting, there was a small buzz heard from Lee's phone, as he soon after stands up and begins to make his way towards the exit.

"We'll talk about this another day Clara, I've got another client lined up." he yawned out in an indifferent, almost bored tone. "Also, next time, please make sure you have payment. I don't do loans you see, I only sell and exchange." he yawned out again chuckling a little bit before walking out of the room, closing the door behind him gently. Clara gave out a big sigh, as she placed her hands on her chest and looks down, clearly relived that Lee was no longer in the room.

"Don't you ever do that again." She snapped back towards the newbie.

"But Clara he was--" He began, though was interrupted immediately.

"Don't you ever do that again. You hear me?" She repeated, with a darker, and much deeper tone. "We'd rather have him on our good side."

Lee makes his way towards his next meeting place, the Crowfoot.

The strangeness began with the confetti lady forgetting giving her chocolate samples. That afternoon, Roya was shopping at her favorite confectionery shop on her way back home. Anne, the confetti lady, used to offer her new samples every time they met but this time she didn't even mention that they had ran out of samples or there wasn't a new taste arriving at all. The girl really felt bad about it, almost like losing a fortune in gamble, but couldn't let something as trivial as that ruin her mood. She just took her paper bag and left to the street with steady steps. Still there was another matter bugging her; the massage on her cell from yesterday that she hadn't replied yet. The mysterious guy she had met once had invited her to a date. She preferred to reject right away but something was odd about his invitation; he had invited her to a pub which wasn't the best place for dating. Thus, she wondered if the date was a cover for some sort of business meeting. That was why she couldn't decide about accepting or rejecting his invitation yet. "Well, having a look won't harm." She thought and changed her way to the Crowfoot pub.
It was her first time walking that street. There were shops and pubs here and there which she had heard of known. She wasn't cool with the new place and decided to go back when saw the silhouette of a crow on a sign board. "So this is the place... whatever..." she told herself and stepped into he pub. Trying new places was kind of exciting after all.

Walking down the street, still troubled, Ned noticed the sound of footsteps coming towards him. Even that sounded off to him. Looking up, Ned took notice of a young man, a bit younger than Ned, with a surprised look on his face.

"Hey, you're Ned Walker! Could you help me with something?" The man asked, stopping in front of Ned.

Ned looked at the man for a moment, staring into his eyes as he thought.

"Emotions conclude he's hiding something, but his eyes are empty... Like there is no one even there..."

"Sure, what is it?" Ned asked bluntly, his facial expressions barely changing a bit.

"Well, my brother has been going to this bar place, Crowfoot I think? Anyway, he's been going there for a while, a bit too much really... I don't know why though. He's always leaving at like four in the afternoon and coming home late in the night. He can't be just hanging around there, can he? Could you maybe check it out? He should be there right now actually. Don't worry about trying to find him, he looks just like me. We're identical twins, actually."

"It's too vague... Too innocent. Must be a trap, but why?" Ned Thought.

"Alright, where's this place?" Ned asked.

"Just down the road. Take a right and keep going, you can't miss it. Thanks for checking this out for me, it means a lot!"

Ned didn't bother to say anything back to the man and walked on, following his directions. Within ten minutes, he was at the Crowfoot. Music could be heard from behind the door, which was guarded by another man.

Making it past the guard, Ned found himself in what would be best described as his worst nightmare. His ears were already ringing from the insanely loud music, which not even his hands could shield his sensitive ears from. Doing his best to keep calm and find the brother of the man he had talked to, he quickly found him sitting at the bar idly.

Ned stood there for a moment, thinking of the best way to go by this. He took a seat at a nearby table and watched the man in the corner of his eye, waiting for him to do something.

The music was deafening, and made it almost impossible for Ned to hear anything other than the music and random banter of the people around. The man sat idly, drinking his beer and humming to the music. He looked to be waiting for someone, but appeared too casual for it to be a woman, or someone of importance. He didn't fit the build of a confident person, but looked laid back enough to not care about new acquaintances. Nevertheless, he was waiting. And waiting patiently.

Lemming noticed a rather strange man scanning the room behind him. He'd just begun his second beer, so he couldn't quite chalk it up to a drunken paranoia. He tried to assess the man's intentions. A cop? No, he'd seen cops, and they were way better at making it look like they had other stuff to do. A hit? The guy didn't look like a hitman. He began to wonder, is there a type given to hitmen? He always imagined sunglasses and a black suit, but he was beginning to realize that was a pretty ridiculous over-characterization of the hitman lifestyle. He began tapping his foot against the ground incessantly, taking cursory glances back at the man. Then again, if the guy wanted him dead, he'd have done it by now. That only really left the possibility of a client. He seemed the type, Lemming supposed.

He faced back forward, took an exaggerated swig of his beer, and placed his left hand in its respective pocket. He stood up, moving a twenty from his pocket, and placing it under the empty beer bottle. He took the current, not as empty bottle, along with Zee's donut-adorned, turquoise backpack, and silently strolled over to the table the man was sitting at. He let the backpack fall to the ground with a thud, drowned out entirely by Zee at the booth. "Whaddya got?" He half-yelled at the man next to him.

Lemming noticed a rather strange man scanning the room behind him. He'd just begun his second beer, so he couldn't quite chalk it up to a drunken paranoia. He tried to assess the man's intentions. A cop? No, he'd seen cops, and they were way better at making it look like they had other stuff to do. A hit? The guy didn't look like a hitman. He began to wonder, is there a type given to hitmen? He always imagined sunglasses and a black suit, but he was beginning to realize that was a pretty ridiculous over-characterization of the hitman lifestyle. He began tapping his foot against the ground incessantly, taking cursory glances back at the man. Then again, if the guy wanted him dead, he'd have done it by now. That only really left the possibility of a client. He seemed the type, Lemming supposed.

He faced back forward, took an exaggerated swig of his beer, and placed his left hand in its respective pocket. He stood up, moving a twenty from his pocket, and placing it under the empty beer bottle. He took the current, not as empty bottle, along with Zee's donut-adorned, turquoise backpack, and silently strolled over to the table the man was sitting at. He let the backpack fall to the ground with a thud, drowned out entirely by Zee at the booth. "Whaddya got?" He half-yelled at the man next to him.

It had been less than five minutes before someone came up to Ned, interrupting his concentration on the man he was looking towards. His voice was like taking an ice pick to the eardrum.

He took his eyes off of him and on the man at his table, quickly concluding he must be a friend of the owner. The way he moved and dressed concluded he is relatively successful, but couldn't run such an establishment on his own. He was comfortable here, like he belonged here, so he knew someone with a bit of power in this place. The owner.

"Who is that guy up there?" Ned asked, ignoring the guy's question and tilting his head towards the man he had been watching.

At this point, it took every bit of Ned's will to not cringe. All he wanted to do at this point was find out what the hell is going on and get out of that Club.

( 11254man 11254man I'll PM you details on the guy)

"How the hell should I know?" Lemming responded, squinting to try and get a good look at the guy, "I mean... I don't think I've seen em' before." He turned back to the man next to him, shrugging. "I know a lotta people, but... no one around here." He slumped back against the booth, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "So, you got stuff?"

"How the hell should I know?" Lemming responded, squinting to try and get a good look at the guy, "I mean... I don't think I've seen em' before." He turned back to the man next to him, shrugging. "I know a lotta people, but... no one around here." He slumped back against the booth, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "So, you got stuff?"

Ned closed his eyes for a moment, weighing his options carefully, taking in all the information of today, ignoring everything else.

The music, however made this insanely difficult. Within a few moments, Ned realized something. None of it made any sense. The sounds around him, the people, the lighting, the feeling of the seat, it all didn't add up.

"Jed Paulper, that's my name, remember it..." Ned said to the man at his table as he walked up to the man he had been watching since he entered the pub.

"Jed Paulper, nice to meet you. Mind if I buy you a drink?" Ned said, emphasizing the 'J' while taking a seat next to the man.

The man turned his head to look at Ned with an expression of confusion.

Ned stopped the bartender, who was passing by, and ordered two shots of Vodka.

"So what brings you to this place? Girl? Job oppurtunity? Guy?" Ned asked, leaning against the bar.

"Uhhh... N-no, just hanging around... Come here everyday... Did my brother send you?" The man stammered, obviously caught off guard.

The bartender came with the shots and Ned quickly grabbed his and handed the other to the man.

"Come on, join me for a drink." Ned said, downing his drink and wincing slightly.

The man, on the other hand, drank it without a thought.

"Listen Ned, thanks for the drinks and all-"

"I said Jed, and you don't drink." Ned interrupted.

"What? I don't-"

"You were carefully sipping at a light beer when I entered this building, you don't drink but downed a shot of Vodka, 90 proof I believe. You knew my actual name without me saying it. You can't be lying or trying to capture me, you don't have the look of a good actor, let alone a master of espionage. What's going on here?"

Ned sat there for a moment, waiting for an answer before noticing something in the man's eyes. More precisely, the lack of what was there. Something Ned had even missed before. Ned turned around to make sure he was correct, finding a light source behind him.

"There's no glare in your eyes, this is all a farce... It makes sense now... The scenery, sounds, feeling, th tastes... Where am I and why?" Ned said, mostly to himself more than the man in front of him.

"You're crazy man..." The man said, quickly getting up and walking away.

Ned wasted no time and returned to the man he had talked to before.

"What's my name?" Ned said, still holding on to the plain expression on his face.

11254man 11254man

Lemming was running short on patience. "I don't get paid to know your name, 'k bud?" He groveled, throwing his hands up into the air. He rest his arm against the side of the booth. "Now... give me whatever you got to give me. Tell me who you want to give it to, and let me get to doing what I do," he was half yelling at this point. He let his head hang, sighing. "Sorry... been a rough day." The music began to slow. Zee was on his last couple of songs.

Lemming was running short on patience. "I don't get paid to know your name, 'k bud?" He groveled, throwing his hands up into the air. He rest his arm against the side of the booth. "Now... give me whatever you got to give me. Tell me who you want to give it to, and let me get to doing what I do," he was half yelling at this point. He let his head hang, sighing. "Sorry... been a rough day." The music began to slow. Zee was on his last couple of songs.
"Emotions are genuine, no way to know if he's real or not. Might be able to gain more information from him if he's just another illusion..." Ned thought to himself.

"I don't have anything to give; you have me mistaken for someone else I suppose... What's your occupation, if you don't mind me asking?"

Ned took his eyes off of the man in front of him, who looked quite annoyed at this point, and looked around the room, he quickly spotted a well dressed man staring at him. Despite wearing dark shades, it was obvious that he was looking at him.

Lemming's face went white.
Who is this guy? Whoever he is, he knows something about me. If he knows something about me, and he isn't a customer, or a hitman, or... wait, was he a cop? He was asking about my occupation, an odd thing for just some guy to do. Ok... I can still get out of this. Just pretend I have a normal job... what's a normal job?
"I'm a... eh'... I'm an actor, like, in movies," Lemming stuttered, trying to keep his composure and failing quite spectacularly.
Ok, that was maybe the worst thing I could have said, but I can still fix this. He'll ask what I'm in, so I better make sure it's nothing he'd have seen...
"I do mostly films from Europe though."
Perfect.

Meanwhile, Zee was just finishing his last song. He took the disk from the cd player, reconnecting the laptop and disconnecting his own device while the next dj began to set up his own playlist on the newly reconnected laptop.

Ned kept his eyes on the man in shades, saying, "I can tell when someone is lying... Do you see that man behind you, the one in the nice suit and shades? Don't bother trying to hide that you're looking at him, he already knows what I'm saying..."

Ned checked back in all his surroundings, realizing the music stopped for a moment. The DJ must be switching spots. Suddenly though, all of Ned's senses began to dull, as if he was falling into a deep sleep.

"Nicely done, figuring it out so quickly... I expected it to take at least a day..." A voice spoke.

Ned tried to look around but quickly found that he was trapped in darkness.

"I'm sure you're still quite confused, and I'd rather keep it that way. It's more amusing to watch you squirm." The disembodied voice said, as if reveling in the word 'squirm'.

Ned tried to speak out, but the voice quickly cut him off.

"I already know what you're going to ask. You're in your own mind, trapped. I knew you'd see me, and that's exactly what I wanted, your eyes on mine. Why do I tell you this though? Just so you understand what exactly you are dealing with. To someone like you, I am a God. I have more power in my finger than 10 men have together!" The voice taunted.

"I can feel your hatred of me burn inside your heart... I think you and I shall be very good friends. The last few I stuck in here were rather dull, what with all the... Screaming and pleading... Wonder how your handful of friends will react? I look forward to it! I'll make it easy on you all, in just a moment, you and the other few within this... Establishment will notice each other, courtesy of me. I hope you feel special, Ned Walker. After all my years of playing this game, you're the first to get a head start. Now, go find the exit before it's too late. These things don't last forever you know..."

Suddenly, Ned found himself looking into a random crowd. The man in the suit was gone, as if he was never there. Just as quickly, he noticed a woman within the small crowd of people, and also Lemming, even though he met him already.

"You felt that, correct?" Ned asked, making sure he wasn't going insane.

For the first time in a long time, Ned found himself second guessing his thoughts.

"What?"
Lemming had just been trying to get the guy's attention while he was staring off into space. He was about to say something when Zee fell into the booth next to him, taking his backpack up, sliding the player back into it.
"How was it?" Zee asked, turning to both Lemming and the other man. Lemming faltered for a second,
"Oh, eh', pretty good. I liked the last one a lot."
It was at this point that the man snapped back to reality. "You felt that, correct?" the man asked.
Zee raised an eyebrow.
"I don't know," Lemming interjected, taking Zee's attention back to him, "This guy's just been sitting here for a while now, talking crazy."

Roya didn’t hate pubs but dating in that pub didn’t sound like a good idea. It looked like a hangout place for friends who liked noise and crowd and most of them were dudes. All she needed to know was that if her colleague had a reason to call her there. “Let’s check if he is a regular customer…” Thinking that she approached the bar and started reading the menu on the wall as waited for the bartender to finish his service for the other customer. Although she wasn’t into eavesdropping, she could hear a man dropping his sack almost behind her and then yell at a guy sitting there. She looked back hoping that there wasn’t going to be a fight as it would be so unfortunate for her first visit of the place. Gladly she found the second man too calm to start an argument. The two spoke a few sentences that she couldn’t hear but That man wasn’t exactly looking at his audience which was about to anger him. The more she looked at him the more suspicious she got; he seemed to be surfing another universe talking to people no one saw. His eyes weren’t like he was drunk or something. “Maybe he is just a psycho…” The girl thought and decided to leave the pub sooner. First she took her cell out and answered that darned message: “Sorry, I don’t think I’d like pubs.” She sent it and walked to the exit slowly as didn’t want to bump to anyone on the way. For a moment she felt cold running down her sin and stopped. “What was that?” She wondered and looked around. Without a reason she was confused and rather scared. Then suddenly he caught her eyes again; he was staring at her. It caused a strange feeling as if it was only she and him and the third observing guy who had his eyes on the gazing man who looked sort of shocked or terrified. She took long steps toward the psycho man and stood in front of him not knowing what she really wanted to say. “Errr… have we met before? You are good at gazing, you know? It hard not to feel it.” She said and at the same moment thought it was nonsense. She had no reason to care about where a stranger looked at. “Are you feeling well? You look so pale… as if have seen a ghost!” She added the last part to loosen up the atmosphere. She didn’t know why she had bothered to even talk to him but she oddly felt that she needed answers out of him. As he know something; a secret that related to her too.
Irish_Dragon_76 Irish_Dragon_76 11254man 11254man

Lemming saw a girl approach them. Definitely not the norm for this club, at least from what he'd observed. "I wouldn't try hun', it's like talkin' to the side of a building."
Zee turned to the girl, shrugging at her, "I just got here, but I won't deny that this guy's acting a bit strange." He seemed to realize something, turning back to Lemming, "Wait... why are YOU talking to this guy?"
"I dunno, I thought he was a client."
"Client? I'd be terrified if a client just showed up at a place you visit as infrequently as here."
"Yeah, he wasn't though."
"Then... then who is he!"
Lemming shrugged, turning back to the girl, "At any rate, he's a bit nutty, or spacey at least."
It seemed pretty obvious that Lemming wasn't on solid mental ground either, though Zee seemed mostly sane, apart from the donut-laden blue and pink backpack sitting next to him.

Roya listened to opinions of a boy who seemed to be DJ and the same guy who had tried to get in trouble. She took a sit although the proper thing to do was leaving. "I don't know... maybe he needs help?" She spoke casually. It was her first time talking to strangers to fast and friendly. "But I know I need some help. Actually its my first time here while you seem to be working at this pub... would you please have sit and so we have short chat? The first drink is on me... and I've got hot cookies here..." She placed her paper bag on the table. Everything felt out of place and irrelevant, yet she felt there really was a secret to be found out. "I need to know about a man called Carl Carson. He was going to invite me here... anyway, I've to know him better. He usually marks his belongings with CC but the second C is mirrored. Rings a bell?" She asked.

"Music was fine, but something more important is going on. Do you feel that? A strange sense of trust, almost...." Ned said to the DJ as he tried to gain back his composure.

"She must have felt it too..." He added, eyeing the woman he had spotted a few moments ago as she walked ove to their booth.

11254man 11254man

Ned turned his full attention on the woman as she spoke, tapping a finger on the table rapidly as he waited for her to finish her sentence. He couldn't help but notice her words moved slower than her lips, as if every word was a split second off from how quickly she spoke. "Damn it, couldn't this world have at least the slightest bit of accuracy..." He murmured, barely even audible to himself.

"I'll be fine soon, and no we have not met. I'm sure you felt the same thing as the rest of us, so let's cut to the chase. This isn't real; it might as well be a dream." Ned paused for a moment and scanned over everyone to make sure they were following.

"Someone has trapped us here for some sort of sick game, and from what I've gathered, there's only one way out. I'm not sure what exactly he plans or how long we have, but if we don't find this exit, we are all surely going to die..."

Ned stood up from his seat and exited the booth, stairing at the exit while still standing next to the table. "And for your information, I'm not insane. My only fault is slight sociopathic processing. In other words, I don't give a damn if you have a problem, just listen to me and things will be relatively fine..."

Looking back at the group of people at the booth, Ned added, "Do you all understand?"

Stopping to look at the woman, who was being surprisingly kind to a bunch of strangers, Ned asked, "What do you already know of him?"

MJ ._. MJ ._. 11254man 11254man

"What have we felt?" Roya asked doubtfully in whisper.
"...This isn't real; it might as well be a dream." Said the man and she doubted even more. "How can it..." She remember the ability she had but never used. If someone was strong enough then why not, she thought. "Die? Are you sure? How do you know?" She was about to panic. "I mean... why should one play with us like this. We're not related in any ways, are we?" She asked then took a deep breath. Now she was as pal as snow. Her eyes followed Ned as he went to have a look at the exit. A man saying that he wasn't insane usually made her sure that he was, but that day, in less than an hour, she had acted in a way that she had never did before. "I'm the insane one here. I shouldn't be here at all... I shouldn't have come." She said remorsefully then looked up at Ned. "Who are you talking about? I don't know a person with such horrible ability. But if you are asking about Carl who I was asking about before your speech, he is my colleague and I've talked to him only a few times about our next project." She replied. "By the way... who are you? You are suddenly bossing us without even introducing your self." She said as rationally she had to avoid trusting a stranger who spoke nonsense.

Zee stood up, rather convinced by the man. "What... what do you-"
Lemming, who had been holding in laughter for as long as he could, doubled over in the booth laughing, attracting the attention of nearby booths. He mockingly repeated in the man's voice, "I'm not crazy, I just think everything's a lie!" He went back to laughing, hardly able to breathe through it. Zee sighed, looking down at him.
"Look," Lemming began, "I don't think you're crazy, or even wrong, at least not immediately, but... well. It all sounds a bit strange," he said, picking up his backpack made obviously for a 4 year old.
Lemming was, at this point, recuperating.

"Don't put yourself down, we don't have time for personal remorse..." Ned said plainly, looking at the woman who appeared to have taken the news relatively badly. "Also, I don't believe you will be finding your colleague in this place... We are likely the only people real here."

Ned paused once again, realizing he had skipped introductions as usual.

"My name is Ned Walker. I'm no one in particular and rather keep it that way." Ned said, as if he had said it a hundred times.

MJ ._. MJ ._.

Ned finally turned to the man he had first met, who was just beginning to recover from the laughter, and stared for a moment.

"You're a man of chance, aren't you? Well let's play a little wager, just for kicks..." Ned began, emphasizing the word 'kicks'.

"What are the chances that I'm crazy and you're truly standing in a pub, laughing it up and gaining all the attention of these people, versus the chance that I'm right, and your very existence is hanging in the balance due to your ignorance to realize the details of this choppy looking world we've been dropped into..." Ned said, quickly realizing he had forgot to breath through that entire sentence.

Not even bothering to hear an answer, he looked over at the DJ.

"Would you like to make a bet on this too by chance? Might as well have some fun with the situation at hand..." Ned asked rhetorically.

11254man 11254man

"You... you don't get it. If it's a trap then... he must be part of this plot too. He has been helping the culprit by sending me to a place I never go..." Roya replied nervously. Having her mind affected was her worst fear. She had to take deep breaths to calm down. "Sorry, Ned. I'll be fine soon... I'll get used to it. And I'm Roya Saam. You can call me Roy." She said then watched The guys arguing about Ned's idea of the altered reality.
"You two..." She called for Zee and Lemming's attention. "If you give me your names, then I'll show you a trick that can make you believe in Ned's words." She said. Actually she didn't need their names but if they told her their names it showed her that they really wanted to experience her ability.

Zee raised his hands, his palms facing the man. "I'm not a man of chance, and even so, I believe you. More than him at least."
Lemming let his friend finish, before shrugging, "I'll take you up."
The lady, Roy she called herself, chimed in.
"Alright, my name's Zee."
"What? My name? So you're crazy to, eh'?"
Zee had the backpack slung over his back at this point.

"You're just scared!" Roya told Lemming. She didn't want to force him in any situation so only focused on Zee. "You said you believe in Ned then i think you don't need a proof. Am I right?" She asked him. Forcing her power in his mind without a reason wasn't wise at all. "Random things happen when I use my ability. Sometimes I stand in you head or you might come to me. Occasionally I can touch memories or decisions of a person." She explained.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back