• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy False Savior [Apocalyptic Fantasy]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Jehanne stepped back slightly as Lucy reacted like a stray cat to her touch, putting her hands up as she does so. “Hey, no problem. We’ve all got different boundaries, I’ll respect yours.” she cautioned, trying not to make matters worse. “Hmm, that does make things a little more difficult. We can’t take things down from the top if there is no defined top. We have a direction though, so that’s nice.

She listened to Nenelia’s reasoning for wanting to help, slightly confused. “Right, I suppose. It’s also, y’know, the right thing to do. Whatever gets you up in the morning, though.” she said, shrugging.

Yeah, for sure. I’ll try to make it quick- oh we’re going. Okay, then.” she fumbled, whistling for Mister Sir and racing after Lucy. She managed to keep up fairy well, the opossum scurrying just behind her. Although she’s not the fastest on her feet naturally, Jehanne uses a spell that increased her speed, casting it on Nenelia as well. She watched the buildings grow taller and taller as the light around grew dimmer and dimmer. “Huh, it’s… weirdly beautiful. I’ve never really seen buildings so tall, at least none that weren’t castles. I wonder what the purposes of these are, though. They’re not stores, it doesn’t seem.” she murmured, looking back to make sure Mister Sir and Nenelia were still close behind.

"Unless you'd like to find out I'd suggest you keep moving," he barked,leading the group deeper into the Night district. Although Lucy asked himself the same questions he knew it wasn't what they came here for. His mission was to lead these two to into the heart of the Night district so they can find the people who presumably control the slums.

As he thought about this he quickly glanced back at the group - even though they have showed him their true intentions he remained vigilant as he had been tricked and fooled countless of times before. In light of this he kept his distance from the rest to discourage any...surprises..

"We should almost be at our destination so keep up the pace ladies and...rodent."

Lucy dashed ahead and initially Nenelia could barely keep up. Luckily, Jehanne cast a spell that helped Nenelia with her running speed. They ran deeper and deeper into the city where buildings kept getting bigger. Nenelia had been down these streets before and had peeked into the slums a while ago, but she had never thought that there were slavers under their noses. If proven to be true, the penalty for keeping slaves or even trading slaves was death. In these times, slavery was forbidden, yet due to lack of resources, it was a poorly enforced law in many places. The ruthless exploitation of others in these times was shameful and to Nenelia slavery and human trafficking were holding the Dark Army back from achieving new heights and gaining an edge over Attis' army.

"I am sure I have been down here before. If I remember right, the slums are pretty close now." Nenelia said.

With a sharp breath Lucy froze, stopping the group behind him.

His blood immediately went cold as he saw a dreadfully familiar mark on the wall next to them - a large white palm. Memories slowly began creeping back like a snake stalking prey, fear darkening his face.

"Nobody is home, they are all gone," he whispers as he glances back at the group with glassy eyes, clenching his teeth. "This indicates their doing, meaning every building in this street or even area is a ghost house. I am not entirely sure if it's the work of a individual, small group or organization but whoever we find up here is linked to these...abductions..."

Jehanne didn’t notice Lucy halting, just barely preventing herself from slamming into his back, the speed spell fading when she stopped running. Mister Sir clambers up to her shoulder as she backed up a little, giving Lucy more personal space. “What do you mean nobody? How could somebody kidnap every single person in an entire street? Surely there’s at least a couple that managed to hide or escape.” she whispered back, raising an eyebrow. “I don’t have any kind of detection magic, do either of you? Could make finding a survivor or a perpetrator easier.

"It's too quiet here and I haven't seen a soul after we left the courtyard," Lucy sighed, glancing back at the road behind them. "It's also far away from the markets so wouldn't people be walkin about from there and back at this time of day? The streets are narrow so we should've ran into at least a few civilians but that isn't the case here..."

A window above them suddenly swung open as Lucy finished his sentence, their attention turning to a crow flying out carrying what looked like a rotten piece of fruit. "You wont find anyone here, unfortunately, and there are only 3 possible reasons for this :
1. A terrorist or mass murder;
2. Forced leave because of house price increases; or
3. Mass kidnapping plot
It couldn't have been 1 or 2 however because a mass murder would at least arouse some rumors and suspicion and a forced removal would result in more people living on the streets, leaving...a mass kidnapping as the only possibility,
" Lucy explained as he clenched his fists, causing his nails to dig into his palms.

Wiping off his bloodied palms he then scaled the wall next to them before extending his arm, pointing direction of the building they had been trying to find. "The ol bastards are in there most probably so what's our next course of action?"

Last edited:
They finally stopped at a neighborhood that seemed to be abandoned. Lucy spoke of abductions and that the inhabitants of the neighborhood were probably kidnapped. Jehanne then asked whether anyone had detection magic. Nenelia replied: "Of course I have detection magic, depends on what you are actually looking for. I can detect life and detect death." Nenelia then used detect death, finding only a few dead rats. "Seems the good news is that there are no dead people nearby." Nenelia said. She then used detect life and it appeared that there were a bunch of people clustered up in the building Lucy was pointing towards.

"Well, it looks like Lucy is on the right track. I can sense a lot of people in that building." Nenelia said.

(Sry for late reply)

Lucy slid back down to the group and lead them towards the east side of the building. "Don't make any noise whatsoever. If you want to communicate then use hand signals or something," he whispered under is breath.

Lucy then moved a large garbage container to a window open above them and proceeded to help both into the building. Before them was a horrific scene of hundreds of civilians chained up, all mutilated and abused. Nobody had thankfully noticed them enter yet but Lucy had an uneasy feeling of being watched...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back