• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic ๐™›๐™–๐™ก๐™จ๐™š ๐™–๐™ก๐™–๐™ง๐™ข. โ€” a sci-fi/cyberpunk roleplay

miyabi

๐˜ช ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ, ๐˜ช ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ
Roleplay Type(s)
falsealarmimg.png
| Welcome to ๐™›๐™–๐™ก๐™จ๐™š ๐™–๐™ก๐™–๐™ง๐™ข. ! This is a sci-fi/cyberpunk/dystopian themed roleplay surrounding action, mystery, and angst. This has been an idea I've carried on for a while, even putting it on my older account; however, as time's passed, I've thought more about the story and overall themes! Hopefully it all goes well!

| You do not have to be familiar with sci-fi themes to join! All relevant information should be provided in the IC or INFO. threads!

| The roleplay strives for longevity and active members, if this is also your cup of tea do join and write with us!

| This will NOT be first come first served! You must apply for the ability that you want as long as it isn't taken!

Unfortunately for you, your life is short-lived. You have died. Killed off by one of the many things or beings on this vast rock. Jealous lover? Robot gone awry? Motorcycle accident? Well, no matter. No one knows what happens after death, and youโ€™re not even sure what this is at all. Before you is just another normal day in your life. As the day passes, deja vu washes over you. Youโ€™ve already seen everything that happened that day. Everything is exactly the same as it always was. The same conversations, the same people walking down the street, every single event is exactly the same, as it is every single day. Over and over and over and over again. And you die. Again and again. Each day comes back like a dream. One that you are forced to live endlessly; time doesn't exist, only controlled by the A.I. that so desperately wants to keep a handle on things.

Welcome to the Dreamscape.

Not everyone gets to enter it like you, so despite being dead, consider yourself lucky.

A few days - or has it been weeks, maybe years - in, you notice something off. The televisions flash momentarily of a bright blue face. Incoherent mumbling in your earphones. The radio shifts from static to a monotone voice: โ€œDo you want to live?โ€ Of course, you want to. You need to live.

The next time, after your eventual death (once more), the day repeats itself. Like a broken record, you wait for the clock to stop ticking as you continue down the familiar path.

It doesnโ€™t come.

Somehow, youโ€™ve managed to break out of this hell. What matters now, is youโ€™re not dead. Not anymore. You are, very much, alive. With the help of this mysterious A.I., youโ€™ve escaped the Dreamscape. However, everything comes with a price.

โ€œSo, what do you have to lose?โ€

Under the guise of being a helper, the A.I. grants different abilities to each person; this is, however, going to be useful when working against the A.I. itself.

Surprise! If your character loses all 3 of their lives, they are unable to come back.

ooc.png disc.png c.sheets.png

Attachments

• false alarm.png
    false alarm.png
    67.5 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
rules.png
RULE ONE;;
First and foremost, drama (out of character), bullying, or bigotry of any kind will not be tolerated; we want to avoid making others uncomfortable and want to ensure that this is a safe zone for others. This server will include serious themes. Trigger warnings will be enforced, please be mindful of others; if you're unsure, talk it out in the OOC. Please be 18+.

RULE TWO;;
Please know that this roleplay contains material not suitable for minors, thus characters under the age of 18 will not be allowed. You are allowed to have multiple characters at a time; however, that is only if your first character is approved. ADHERE TO RPN GUIDELINES. IF I CANT DECIDE, I WILL MOST LIKELY HAVE TWO PEOPLE TO A ROLE.

RULE THREE;;
Literacy is a must. This will be what most would consider a "literate to advanced" roleplay--we expect to see multi-paragraph responses in the 3rd person; about 500+ word count, though I may be lenient, I know that some days you can't write -- or at least, your brain won't let you.

RULE FOUR;;
Prior knowledge in sci-fi/dystopian themes isn't required, but we recommend that you look over the lore to make sure that your characters are accurate! This is story driven, thus lore will be referred to โ€” this will be posted in the discord.

RULE FIVE;;
No controlling other people's characters, no killing another person's characters without their permission! Please consult with them first before doing such things. Romance is allowed, but not the entire premise of the roleplay!

RULE SIX;;
Please have AT LEAST one post per week, if you feel that you will have any long absences, please let me know! This for the sake of others as well as the story.

roles.png
tumblr_pglzlmTFqJ1wfhp02o4_400.png
TECHNOPATHY
the ability to control technological machinery and read technological signals; able to control the flow of machinery and disengage their programming โ€” this is, however, only applicable at certain distances and when there is technology around. overuse will lead to the gradual loss of vision. taken by:

tumblr_pgiadyxZMl1wfhp02o1_400.png

UMBRAKINESIS
the ability to shape and manipulate darkness and shadows; able to control and manipulate the shadows that already exist, create and dispel shields and areas of total darkness and teleport one's self at a short distance. overuse can lead to the gradual loss of oneโ€™s sanity. taken by: LumaThePhoenix LumaThePhoenix

tumblr_pftk2lOxJO1wfhp02o8_400.png
ELECTROKINESIS

the ability to control and manipulate electrical currents and energy, as well as generate small bouts of electricity with the mind; this power, however, can easily drain the user's lifeforce (or lack thereof), slowly breaking them down from the inside. Use sparingly. taken by:

tumblr_pg92a9gjTD1wfhp02o3_400.png

PYROKINESIS
the ability to create or control fire with the mind, much like electrokinesis, this ability will easily drain the user's lifeforce, slowly deteriorating the organs; meant to be used sparingly. ver use will result in nosebleeds and will progressively get worse. taken by: mother of sorrows mother of sorrows

tumblr_pgiapu3O671wfhp02o9_400.png
FERROKINESIS
the ability to manipulate metal of all forms; both solid and liquid, the user may only manipulate already existing metals -- unable to to create metal. this ability may cause severe nerve damage over time if not used sparingly. taken by:

tumblr_pnshr5q7Uq1wfhp02o2_400.png

HEALING
this ability can restore others back to optimal health, curing damaged organs, wounds, broken bones, low health, and poison. however, the ability comes with the consequences of absorbing the damage that was healed on the other person โ€” temporarily. however, the traumatic event that has lead to said individualโ€™s injury will be ingrained into the healerโ€™s memories. taken by: miyabi miyabi

tumblr_pglzerrTwc1wfhp02o7_400.png
TELEKINESIS
the ability to move objects without physical interaction; with conscious effort and concentration, one is able to move and manipulate objects with their mind. however, this ability is only limited to a short amount of time, the longer it is used, the more brain damage it will cause. use wisely. taken by:

tumblr_pgiadyxZMl1wfhp02o4_400.png

ILLUSION MANIPULATION
the ability to create hallucinations towards another individual; using this to their advantage, the user can debilitate an enemy by means of illusions -- audio, visual, and physical. this can take a toll on the individual's overall health as well as their sanity. this individual regenerates health at a slower pace. taken by: .V1LLAINISM._ .V1LLAINISM._

Last edited:
not me using this as an opp to terrorize characters. ๐Ÿ‘

okay, this is pretty friggin' cool! consider me interested.

I AM OBSERVING RESPECTFULLY ๐Ÿ‘€

Last edited:
Wow ! I like the setting a lot! im new to rpnation so forgive my dumb question. I guess it is mainly homebrew but. Is there a dice system? Or is it freeform narrative?

this is super interesting! can i take the technopathy role or is it based on who's accepted?

this is super interesting! can i take the technopathy role or is it based on who's accepted?
hi! thank you, this will be based on whoโ€™s accepted!

c.sheets.png ooc.png
hey everyone! thank you for showing interest, be it a post in here or a react! i currently have the character sheet and ooc pages set up (click the c.sheets and ooc graphic above this message), there will be a deadline:

MARCH 7TH, 2021; 23:00 PST

i do think that should be enough time, i know that there are classes right now and i don't want to rush anyone right now! if you need an extension, just let me know. thank you!
Yuumi Zoomi Yuumi Zoomi LumaThePhoenix LumaThePhoenix mother of sorrows mother of sorrows .V1LLAINISM._ .V1LLAINISM._ Kwayzar Kwayzar s o u r s o u r Emotional Enigma Emotional Enigma idiot idiot Ghoulina Ghoulina Lightwielder Lightwielder KaramelKarma KaramelKarma sidekicker sidekicker xuanan xuanan Ambiloquous Ambiloquous

i've also added two more abilities to the list! have fun with you characters and let me know if you have any questions! thank you again.

if anyone is just now seeing this, you can still apply even if you're not tagged!

Last edited:
Unfortunately I won't be applying because I don't have time to add another thread, but this is a cool concept and I hope everyone has a good time roleplaying here! Have fun :)

Okay but-- this is epic ngl. Haven't seen an rp like this for a hot minute! I'd be so up for trying for the Electrokinesis chara if still open! (or anything reallly haha) I got a very angsty lesbian in mind ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Okay but-- this is epic ngl. Haven't seen an rp like this for a hot minute! I'd be so up for trying for the Electrokinesis chara if still open! (or anything reallly haha) I got a very angsty lesbian in mind ๐Ÿ˜Ž
hey, thanks so much! applications are still open so you can try for any spot that isnโ€™t already taken (this is listed in the roles list.)

bump!

hey, thanks so much! applications are still open so you can try for any spot that isnโ€™t already taken (this is listed in the roles list.)
Gotcha!! Making her up now

This looks super interesting! I'm thinking of trying for either a Technopathy or Ferrokinesis character, either way I'll get to work on a sheet soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back