• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Fallout: One More Try

Pat said:
Not yet. But I got an epiphany. Maybe not have roughly 3/4s of your population in the military?
Well, more like one half. But still. That would be nearly impossible to upkeep.

Pat said:
Not yet. But I got an epiphany. Maybe not have roughly 3/4s of your population in the military?
Yeah I was ABOUT to point that out. Skywalkr actually saw that, I misread it as a far more reasonable 750,000.

Pat said:
Well, more like one half. But still. That would be nearly impossible to upkeep.
For reference, one time in my WWII RP, a player (Not naming any names, but it was Belgium) had 25% of his population in the military and his economy collapsed and he was eliminated.

We bring it down to 150,000,000 million. It's a very notable downsize. We can size that since the early 2000's, China needed to use those military funds for something else.

CheekiBreekiComrade said:
We bring it down to 150,000,000 million. It's a very notable downsize. We can size that since the early 2000's, China needed to use those military funds for something else.
Or just have enough people to farm to prevent another great famine.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Lordvader59

To make you less butthurt, I will bring the number to 3 Million. These is extremely reasonable growth from the Modern PLA, since the number of soldiers China has in 2016 is 1.6 million. I will not bring the number lower than 1.7 million.

@Lordvader59
To make you less butthurt, I will bring the number to 3 Million. These is extremely reasonable growth from the Modern PLA, since the number of soldiers China has in 2016 is 1.6 million. I will not bring the number lower than 1.7 million.
So sassy.

I love it.

To be fair though, your soldiers will be low on ammo and wielding weapons of general lesser quality than other militaries. At any time you can try to modernize China some more and build a shit ton of factories to alleviate this.

@Lordvader59
You can have up to five million in my eyes, although then that would mean lots of guys would just have swords and makeshift spears. If you want to, for the LOLs, even bows.

Historically, Chinese soldiers have been known to use such when guns have been in short supply, although not on a great scale.

Pat said:
You can have up to five million in my eyes, although then that would mean lots of guys would just have swords and makeshift spears. If you want to, for the LOLs, even bows.
Historically, Chinese soldiers have been known to use such when guns have been in short supply, although not on a great scale.
Like, you won't have problems with men, you'll have problems with having enough weapons.

Pat said:
Like, you won't have problems with men, you'll have problems with having enough weapons.
Couldn't the Chinese government import weapons from the Soviet Union? Meaning most soldiers wouldn't have fully automatic weapons, but simple Mosin nagants or even just pistols like the tokarev TT30.

Couldn't the Chinese government import weapons from the Soviet Union? Meaning most soldiers wouldn't have fully automatic weapons, but simple Mosin nagants or even just pistols like the tokarev TT30.
The USSR, actually. The Russians have a weapon shortage themselves as well. Hell, the Chinese sponsor them, not the other way around.

Well, due to the USSR in World War 2, they had produced so many firearms, even if they were as simple as a PPSH-42/43. 37 Million Rifles (not including submachine guns) made before and during the Second World War, due to a wartime economy. The soviets had tons and tons of factories. They produced so much, abling them to supply small communist uprisings. The USSR could easily give millions of rifles, PPSH's, pistols to allies and rebels.

Well, due to the USSR in World War 2, they had produced so many firearms, even if they were as simple as a PPSH-42/43. 37 Million Rifles (not including submachine guns) made before and during the Second World War, due to a wartime economy. The soviets had tons and tons of factories. They produced so much, abling them to supply small communist uprisings. The USSR could easily give millions of rifles, PPSH's, pistols to allies and rebels.
But then they would be a getting old and increasingly unreliable. As would be the ammo.

*cues Russian accent*
Mosin is a very reliable rifle, but I cannot say the same for the submachine guns.
The Mosin jams now, add thirty four more years to the mix and it would start to get ridiculous.

Mosin is.... not good anymore. In the days of the assault rifle, it's obsolete. They don't have many mosins in stockpiles.

I didn't think about that. Are we using old lore (Fallout 1 - Fallout New Vegas) or new lore (Fallout 4)?
Both really. What really conflicts?

@Pat

Well, mainly weapons. Like in the original games, we actucally had Chinese assault rifles and Chinese pistols. Oddly, we still have the Chinese officer sword.

@Pat
Well, mainly weapons. Like in the original games, we actucally had Chinese assault rifles and Chinese pistols. Oddly, we still have the Chinese officer sword.
That isn't a lore problem. That's just the weapon not being present in the region. The Chinese had a bigger presence in DC and on the West Coast.

Man, we should really bring this back and start it. I was looking forward to this RP. If this doesn't work out, we can do a post-war RP in Alaska.

Man, we should really bring this back and start it. I was looking forward to this RP. If this doesn't work out, we can do a post-war RP in Alaska.
Nobody had really joined. If you want, check out the second page of the Fandom section. Making a Fallout themed roleplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back