• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fallout New Vegas: Vaults and Vagabonds 2.0

Pat

Three Thousand Club

9jxcfnj4n4dy (1).jpg

Fallout New Vegas: V&V 2.0

Set in 2281, Fallout New Vegas: Vaults and Vagabonds 2.0, is heavily derivative of the game and to a lesser degree the lore of Fallout: New Vegas. The most notable difference between the aforementioned particular installment in the ongoing fallout series and this roleplay is that Ulysses, the original courier six, has some time ago avenged his beloved Hopeville by killing who would have been the protagonist player character of Fallout: New Vegas. Taking the job to deliver the platinum chip to the New Vegas Strip in their place, he and his package was intercepted by Benny and his Great Khan mercenaries just outside of the small town of Goodsprings. Shot in the head twice and buried alive for good measure, he was momentarily saved by Victor, a mysterious securitron resident of the settlement, but regardless died due to complications during his surgery under the practiced scalpel of Doc Mitchell. All player characters in this roleplay, within the original party anyway, will be employed as couriers by the Mojave Express and have recently respectively delivered strangely ordinary objects for a great deal of caps to a securitron within the New Vegas Strip by way of the slum known as Freeside via unusually safe routes. Notified by said robot a courier and his parcel containing a platinum chip is missing, the player characters who are now contractually obligated to find and retrieve the object under legal threat are currently retracing their steps to the regional branch office in Primm and now find themselves in the outskirts of Goodsprings.

While this as said will be significantly based upon Fallout: New Vegas, it shouldn't be confused as a copy of it. Non-player characters quests, towns, everything, absolutely everything, can and often is subject to change, however minor or major it may end up being. Another matter of note is this: characters are not invincible. The Mojave Wasteland is as advertised, a chaotic, lawless, place, the pinnacle of prewar American vice and sin brought to a horrifying new low. Those caught unprepared in its deserts will suddenly, and all-too-likely, violently, die. Characters can go on to accomplish similar or perhaps even identical feats as Courier Six did and much more, from joining existent factions to making their own, but not nearly as easily. Each gunshot blasted at your character can potentially kill, so make sure to act accordingly. Finally, player versus player combat is allowed and encouraged. There will be no overreaching plot everyone must participate in, nor a group everyone has to travel with. Do whatever you want to do, make your own story, on your own terms.

READ:

Five initial players are wanted. This roleplay is not first come first serve. If for some reason I'm more impressed by someone else's character application before the roleplay starts, I will put you on the bench until a spot opens up narratively or someone drops out. Send character applications to me in a private message on this site. I'll just purposely ignore it otherwise.

Character Application

Name: (first and last, if stumped, refer to the list of serious names Codsworth the Mr. Handy can call the Sole Survivor in Fallout: 4).
Appearance: (written descriptions only, minimally provide sex, race, eye color, and hair color).

(40 points to spend, no S.P.E.C.I.A.L. score for the seven categories may be below one or above ten).​

Strength:
Perception:
Endurance:
Charisma:
Intelligence:
Agility:
Luck:

Last edited:
How are dice rolls going to work? Is it going to be a d20 system like DnD, d100 like Call of Cthulu, 3d6 Gurps? Or a bit like Savage Worlds?

How are dice rolls going to work? Is it going to be a d20 system like DnD, d100 like Call of Cthulu, 3d6 Gurps? Or a bit like Savage Worlds?
d100 usually in this iteration. Skills like in the Fallout Series will have to be performed for actions with a chance of failure.

What skills have you decided to use? I've gathered this list together.
Combat Skills
Firearms (PE)
Melee (AG)
Fisticuffs (ST)
Thrown (PE)
Traps or Energy Weapons (IN)

Active skills
Acrobatics (AG)
Athletics (ST)
History (IN)
Intimidation (CH)
Medicine (IN)
Investigation (IN)
Repair (IN)
Stealth (AG)
Speech (CH)
Survival (EN)

Very interested, big New Vegas fan. Will send character sheet soon but I wanted to go ahead and express interest now.

Hey if this is still going on I have a character! Untitled document
I don't know if this is a deal breaker for you or not, but John Henry Eden was only an artificial intelligence, not a living flesh and blood man, and for that reason I'm not allowing a heir of his in the roleplay. However, you can be a former member of the West Coast Enclave, East Coast Enclave, or even the Midwest Enclave.

View attachment 476065

Fallout New Vegas: V&V 2.0

Set in 2281, Fallout New Vegas: Vaults and Vagabonds 2.0, is heavily derivative of the game and to a lesser degree the lore of Fallout: New Vegas. The most notable difference between the aforementioned particular installment in the ongoing fallout series and this roleplay is that Ulysses, the original courier six, has some time ago avenged his beloved Hopeville by killing who would have been the protagonist player character of Fallout: New Vegas. Taking the job to deliver the platinum chip to the New Vegas Strip in their place, he and his package was intercepted by Benny and his Great Khan mercenaries just outside of the small town of Goodsprings. Shot in the head twice and buried alive for good measure, he was momentarily saved by Victor, a mysterious securitron resident of the settlement, but regardless died due to complications during his surgery under the practiced scalpel of Doc Mitchell. All player characters in this roleplay, within the original party anyway, will be employed as couriers by the Mojave Express and have recently respectively delivered strangely ordinary objects for a great deal of caps to a securitron within the New Vegas Strip by way of the slum known as Freeside via unusually safe routes. Notified by said robot a courier and his parcel containing a platinum chip is missing, the player characters who are now contractually obligated to find and retrieve the object under legal threat are currently retracing their steps to the regional branch office in Primm and now find themselves in the outskirts of Goodsprings.

While this as said will be significantly based upon Fallout: New Vegas, it shouldn't be confused as a copy of it. Non-player characters quests, towns, everything, absolutely everything, can and often is subject to change, however minor or major it may end up being. Another matter of note is this: characters are not invincible. The Mojave Wasteland is as advertised, a chaotic, lawless, place, the pinnacle of prewar American vice and sin brought to a horrifying new low. Those caught unprepared in its deserts will suddenly, and all-too-likely, violently, die. Characters can go on to accomplish similar or perhaps even identical feats as Courier Six did and much more, from joining existent factions to making their own, but not nearly as easily. Each gunshot blasted at your character can potentially kill, so make sure to act accordingly. Finally, player versus player combat is allowed and encouraged. There will be no overreaching plot everyone must participate in, nor a group everyone has to travel with. Do whatever you want to do, make your own story, on your own terms.

READ:

Five initial players are wanted. This roleplay is not first come first serve. If for some reason I'm more impressed by someone else's character application before the roleplay starts, I will put you on the bench until a spot opens up narratively or someone drops out. Send character applications to me in a private message on this site. I'll just purposely ignore it otherwise.

Character Application

Name: (first and last, if stumped, refer to the list of serious names Codsworth the Mr. Handy can call the Sole Survivor in Fallout: 4).
Appearance: (written descriptions only, minimally provide sex, race, eye color, and hair color).

(40 points to spend, no S.P.E.C.I.A.L. score for the seven categories may be below one or above ten).​

Strength:
Perception:
Endurance:
Charisma:
Intelligence:
Agility:
Luck:

Are you still looking for people

I'm more waiting for like a cs section or sinething still around
Boyo look up. If that's not enough for you just add sections so long as they don't make your character ridiculously better than everyone else.

That explains why no one thinks anyone is intrested
I don't have time for people who don't bother to read. I have applications from almost everyone who said they were interested. Problem is they're not around or interested anymore.

I likely did read and just forgot due to inactivity here though I don't know what kind of character would be best for team based work without seeing anything of the others.

I likely did read and just forgot due to inactivity here though I don't know what kind of character would be best for team based work without seeing anything of the others.
That's where the fun is. Don't have to be in a team. Don't have to work well together. And if you want to? You have all the information you need to construct a reasonable character. If what you're talking about is min-maxing the party, I'm not interested in facilitating that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back