Fallout: New Days CC

Huh. Keeping the decimals paid off. Raise that by five thousand and you'll have a pretty accurate number.

Oh,

Well I sometimes trust you. What do you think on the matter?

There's absolutely nothing up there. Which would make most of it easy to control. The roads would be constantly raided and stories of deathclaws ripping apart caravans wouldn't be unheard of, but controlling it would be easyish.

However, how in the hell would he get control of all that in the first place? The Montana Chapter of the Brotherhood of Steel isn't that big. I think Veronica mentioned the Brotherhood of Steel stopped hearing from them.

Population is too low and stretched out to allow any real for a nation with that much land, at best, youd be a collection of towns and farms. 

Uhh... that is How those states already work this is a population map of america:

USA-population-density-per-square-mile.jpg

Montana:

Montana_population_map.png

Wyoming:

popden_block.jpg

North Dakota:

north-dakota-population-density-map.png

South Dakota:

map-population-density-south-dakota.png

Now I am not saying we own physically all of it (the NCR doesn't physically own all of it's lands) I am saying that we have claim to it, and honestly who would try and take it form us? The cattle? The Moose? Our defense isn't tight because it doesn't need to be, look at these maps currently i wouldn't even say that the US could physically keep all of the lands under it's full control. But it doesn't need to. That is my Argument.

There's absolutely nothing up there. Which would make most of it easy to control. The roads would be constantly raided and stories of deathclaws ripping apart caravans wouldn't be unheard of, but controlling it would be easyish.

However, how in the hell would he get control of all that in the first place? The Montana Chapter of the Brotherhood of Steel isn't that big. I think Veronica mentioned the Brotherhood of Steel stopped hearing from them.

I have a story for that my dude

Uhh... that is How those states already work this is a population map of america:

Montana:

Wyoming:

North Dakota:

South Dakota:

Now I am not saying we own physically all of it (the NCR doesn't physically own all of it's lands) I am saying that we have claim to it, and honestly who would try and take it form us? The cattle? The Moose? Our defense isn't tight because it doesn't need to be, look at these maps currently i wouldn't even say that the US could physically keep all of the lands under it's full control. But it doesn't need to. That is my Argument.

But how would you trade? Run caravans? How would you annex or conquer every population center? How would you have a decent enough military to intimidate anyone, aside from the handful of Brotherhood of Steel Paladins you probably have?

But how would you trade? Run caravans? How would you annex or conquer every population center? How would you have a decent enough military to intimidate anyone, aside from the handful of Brotherhood of Steel Paladins you probably have?

The Paladins made agreements with the settlements in order to set up trade routes and help the economy thrive, giving them an equal place within the government.

Montana:

Wyoming:

North Dakota:

South Dakota:

Im gonna have to say no to you controlling a huge amount of land for next to nothing people. At best your a Confederations of towns to defend themselves against raiders

Like your total population divided by 20 is 6,650, which isn't enough to really even control the population centers. What would happen if you had to fight a raider band or a uprising? Or protect caravans? You would be screwed.

The Paladins made agreements with the settlements in order to set up trade routes and help the economy thrive, giving them an equal place within the government.

But who protects the trade routes? These roads are really long and strung out.

Like your total population divided by 20 is 6,650, which isn't enough to really even control the population centers. What would happen if you had to fight a raider band or a uprising? Or protect caravans? You would be screwed.

there wouldn't be enough raiders

if the population is that low then a large band of raiders would be like 20, the raiders are not going to be as big as they would be in a very populated area like New Vegas or California

But who protects the trade routes? These roads are really long and strung out.

The caravaners, the merchants, their own speed, since we would have horses we would go faster than a normal caravan, also we aren't populated enough to have raiders who would have the luxury of surviving off of raiding because there wouldn't be enough foot traffic.

there wouldn't be enough raiders

if the population is that low then a large band of raiders would be like 20, the raiders are not going to be as big as they would be in a very populated area like New Vegas or California

Lock. The reason you see the Jackals and Vipers in Fallout New Vegas is because the NCR has crippled them. Are the NCR's roads safe? No. But it's not enough of a problem to stop caravans. Meanwhile. In your territory, 20 raiders could overwhelm multiple caravans or even sack a small town.

The caravaners, the merchants, their own speed, since we would have horses we would go faster than a normal caravan, also we aren't populated enough to have raiders who would have the luxury of surviving off of raiding because there wouldn't be enough foot traffic.

Lock, if horses still existed, I think we would've heard about them by now. Plus, if horses exist, then how come raiders don't have horses? How come raiders aren't smart enough to do a surprise attack? What about wasteland critters too? 

The NCR would also have over 100x more raiders due to it's size, the fact that my population is low would mean a lower raider turn out

The only difference is you hav more land, so 20 raiders could over run countless towns before word even gets to the bos that they are  attacked. The benefits of joining are minimum at best and nonexistent at worst. Meanwhile, the ncr has crippled their threats and has a denser population so if the army was called in, itd take far less time and they can actually endure hits. In NV, about 1k troops from the ncr die a year, for them, it not that bad, for you, a loss like that is crippling

And then, these settlers wouldn't be as capable at making long distance journeys since road stops would be a thing of the past. If you had to go twenty plus miles and there was a raider group somewhere down the road that knew how to aim, you're basically fucked. Even if you had horses. Agriculture in the area would also be poor, and winter would be cold as fuck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like economically you're stagnant anywhere the military isn't. There wouldn't be any security for people on the road.

Plus you wouldn't have as much technology or industrial capacity the NCR would. You would have to scavenge weapons and ammo, though for the latter you could probably get some plant going, the point is, there's basically no factories up there you would need to jumpstart an economic or military superpower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back