• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Fallout-back (fallout set in Australia)

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The world is fallout as you know it. With America and China going to war over resources and nuking most of the world. Australia, while not as much as America... Had its share of bunkers and vaults for the population to survive within (some even run by vault-tec!)

While only seventeen nukes detonated in Australia it was enough to destroy the land and kill/mutate the wildlife drastically. When people emerged 100 years later the land they had heard of was vastly different... though it was the first to emerge from vaults and bunkers who founded the first bits of civilisation in a post war world. Also lots of raiders and bandits...
images.jpeg-14.jpg
Australia is a vastly different wasteland in comparison to America. Guns and ammunition are much rarer to come by, improvised weapons and hand to hand combat are the most common forms of combat against each other and the wildlife. Its much more feasible to melt down as much metal as you can into a spearhead then it is you finding a gun and a decent amount of ammo.
Not to say there was none.

Our story is set in the year 2287, in a outback town named Scorchead which is a few days from the beach. Scorchead is much like any other town with the people making the best of what they can and danger surrounding the town on all sides. Be it monsters of the human sort or the animals...
Though word has spread about a different kind of monster. "itza massive thing, strong tall and scary as shit. Throws cars wit one hand an tears trees out da ground"
"I shot one in the face from 500 meters, instead of its skull popping... it threw a rock bigger than me which almost landed right on me."
"its a big green monster, like if a person got turned into a Crocfuck"
As many wastelanders overseas would put it. "Thems big fucking super mutants..."
20230115_194333.jpg

As residents of Scorchead that is your latest problem looming on the horizon...
Qualified/unlucky individuals will partner up to help save home and all the lives in Scorchead from the monsters rampaging towards them.
=========
Its fallout but in Australia, only real difference is less guns and ammo so those who manage to find or make some are considered legendary/smart/dangerous as all hell. I might have a stat system in play like the video games with perks players can create or rip off from the source material and "checks" that players can pass or fail determined by special stats or unique perks.
"Lady killer" has a easier time talking to females, someone with 10 luck might just trip over a hunk of gold or find a shotgun everybody else somehow missed...

Hoping for four players at most, two at a minimum.

I have some ideas for towns, gangs etc but you would be free to make up lore provided it isn't crazy op/bs "my girl is daughter of Guntown's mayor which is why she has two revolvers and two hundred bullets" will get shot down quick lol

As its Australia we shall have mutated spiders, kangaroos, snakes, dogs, koalas, mosquitoes, cows, horses with the "deathclaw" role being taken by mutated crocodiles
images.jpeg-13.jpg
and Yowies.
Ask questions or claim a spot below.
You can get somewhat mad Max with it as vehicles have/can be repaired but sources of fuel are hard to come by and even more valuable then clean water and fresh food. If you have one you are most definitely a target multiple people are eyeing up constantly.
Post requirements is two paragraphs once a week

Last edited:
Hmm, interesting. Could go with my idea of an good ole crazy Aussie that believed in the ‘old tales’ of the past that Australians were tough enough to deal with dangerous beasts such as ‘stingrays’ and ‘emus’.

Steve Irwin will be immortalised as a legendary animal friend who was killed by a mutant stinga

Right, this seems a suitable amount. Before I write up shit I want to ask what you guys prefer.

Special stats, skills and perks= i will provide checks to attempt in the story that one can fail or succeed in depending on said stats. Mind you if something takes 10 strength to succeed two characters with 5 strength each could potentially make that check provided it makes sense in the story.
"Breaking down a door or cage" for example.
You can adapt perks and skills from the games aswell as traits. After shit ill award xp depending on character involvement and yall can level up.

The other Option is none of that shit and I trust everyone to write fair balanced characters and you trust me to write a plot/story/interactions that subtly paint at ideas one could take and to work together organically to succeed as i won't put in brackets
(8 perception might notice something fishy here)
(7strength to intimidate with muscles)
(7 agilty to steal the key)
(9 luck means you look identical to the guard's dead relative )

Also for anyone not Australian, a yowie is essentially a big foot but more monster like, in this setting its basically a radiated big foot ghoul
images.jpeg-16.jpg
So this thing but more zombie and patchy in appearance ranging from 6 to 9 ft tall

Last edited:
Right, this seems a suitable amount. Before I write up shit I want to ask what you guys prefer.

Special stats, skills and perks= i will provide checks to attempt in the story that one can fail or succeed in depending on said stats. Mind you if something takes 10 strength to succeed two characters with 5 strength each could potentially make that check provided it makes sense in the story.
"Breaking down a door or cage" for example.
You can adapt perks and skills from the games aswell as traits. After shit ill award xp depending on character involvement and yall can level up.

The other Option is none of that shit and I trust everyone to write fair balanced characters and you trust me to write a plot/story/interactions that subtly paint at ideas one could take and to work together organically to succeed as i won't put in brackets
(8 perception might notice something fishy here)
(7strength to intimidate with muscles)
(7 agilty to steal the key)
(9 luck means you look identical to the guard's dead relative )

Also for anyone not Australian, a yowie is essentially a big foot but more monster like, in this setting its basically a radiated big foot ghoul
View attachment 1058486
So this thing but more zombie and patchy in appearance ranging from 6 to 9 ft tall
I'd be happy with either. I'm not much for stat heavy games, but I like a sense of progress and numbers can be a helpful narrative tool in those situations

Users who are viewing this thread

Back