• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Fallout: A Different Tale

Characters
Here

R.I.P

(If you've never heard of fallout before, it's a game that has been released on PC, PS3 - 4 and Xbox. It is basically about survivors of nuclear fallout, who have been left with nothing but wasteland. There are mutants, different settlements, bases, places to explore, tonnes of weapons to collect and other cool little things. Your character can either start off inside of the Vault, or they can already be a survivor. [Send me a private message if you want to be a mutant, because they can be overpowered.])

1518906246694.png

Diamond City. The beacon of hope for most survivors out there in the wasteland. Compared to how our old life used to work, this place was a heap of crap, but to a lot of people, this is what they called home. Everyone has to get along or face being thrown out, those were the rules. At the moment, Maximus was looking for work. This consisted of sitting behind his stall and waiting for a bounty to show up. Other than that, he was reading. I mean, what else is there to do in an apocalyptic wasteland riddled with mutants and bandits? Not much.

She ran forward, her speed at a large increase as she jumped rubble and destruction. She had not an image of where she was headed, all she knew was she needed to get somewhere else. Stealing from the mutants hadn't exactly pleased them. She stopped briefly and rested her hands on her knees, inhaling deeply as her body caught up to her speed, adjusting her gas mask as she peered over her shoulder at the way she had came. The luck of of speed meant she had the chance of skipping past trouble. The distract from her luck was she, herself was a mutant. Meaning, she wasn't exactly able to blend in to the great Diamond City.

The Altar blended in perfectly with the environment. Active camo on it roamed around diamond city. If it was uncovered people would probably think it was a synth but it has no interest of kidnapping children. The puppet master behind the curtain was William K. Maddox a Scientist before the nuclear warfare. He had helped in the making of the vaults and with shame the making of the nuclear weapons that destroyed the land he sees through the lens of Altar. Guilt has flooded his mind for centuries even as he rested in the vault but waking up his eyes to the environment has created new meaning to him . Observing "Mutants" has became a hobby as he discovered there abilities and he himself has noticed a change in his traits. What else is there to this open world he would question himself as he resided inside the vault claiming to be stuck. Everyone dead and aged beside him. The ones that came out with him were feasted on by rad roaches after they had committed suicide due to ongoing insanity thinking they couldn't escape the vault.In the end William remained conscious with his humanity and watched over the people of Diamond City with his creation.

He had almost fallen asleep with his book in hand, but someone got his attention before that could actually happen. She was small, maybe around fourteen or younger. "Sir, sir, please help me!" "What is it, runt?" He'd answer, putting his book to the side as he leaned in, staring at her from across the table. "My papa! He's gone missing.. He said that he'd come back, but.. But he hasn't." "I don't do rescue missions, girly. Ask the guards for help." "I have! No one helps.. Everyone is afraid of the outside.."

Maximus scratched the top of his head on the outside of his hood, soon sighing in defeat as he looked back to the girl who was now developing tears. "Fine! Just.. Don't cry. I'll keep my eyes out for him." Max then reached out, his hand opened wide. "Do you have a picture?" "Yes! Thank you, sir!" She would say, fiddling around in her pocket before pulling the picture out.
1518915999462.png

"Ugh, pretty boys." Maximus would mutter to himself, watching as the girl ran back to her house. He stood up, grabbing his bag with a few days worth of food and water. Cans of beans, water bottles and a can opener could be found in the convenient places. Slinging the bag over his shoulder, he would head for the gates, soon being out in the vast wasteland.

Halfway across the city, he had already ran across a few bandits and some nasty looking rad-roaches.

She looked forward and ran, as she did, she'd stop and smile to a person and pitpocket them, taking their food, items and weapons as she chuckled under her mask, running again. A male with average length hair and a slight beard and moustauche called out to her as she stopped. She turned to him.
"Please miss...have you seen my daughter?"
She tilted her head at the male, her blue-ish hair tilting over one shoulder as she raised her head up slightly. She had a knife in hand that she had just stolen as she ran towards the male in intense speed, stopping before him with a gush of wind pushing his body.
"You...you're a....you...you can...."
She held out her hand and nodded to his pockets.
"I have nothing...i don't have anything..."
She raised the knife towards the male and nodded again.
"I mean it! I have nothing!"
She rolled her head back before hearing murmurs ahead. It was not from another runt...not from another mutant...a diamond city member... She set off again, her speed increasing more however, she misjudged the distance as she ran straight into the male, causing her to flip and tumbled across the ground as she led still with her back to the male, curled up on the ground.

Whilst he was walking down the road, he heard a commotion ahead of him. About fifty metres away from his current location, he saw someone being mugged for his things. By a girl. "How emasculating." Maximus would mutter under his breath, a long pause. Then, he heard footsteps making there way towards him, causing him to move slightly out of the way. As the girl zoomed into him, he made it so she went flying and he stayed in the same spot. "You know, you really need to make your footsteps lighter.." He'd say through his gas mask, looking towards her. As she curled up on the ground, he twiddled a knife between his fingers. Her knife. "You never know when someone is going to be better than you."

She groaned while curled up as she tried to pull herself to her feet, stumbling left and right as she rubbed her head before turning to the male, her mask still fitted perfectly. She placed her hand to her neck and retracted it to see blood upon her hand as she furrowed her eyes in anger. She began to walk towards the male, her fists curled tightly as she stopped in front of him, a confident posture as she held out her hand, edging for her knife back as she poked her chest, symbolising that it was hers. She listened to his words and rolled her eyes at his cockiness.

Altar watched over the man with the ragged cloths and the hood . It seeked interest in this man as they were the only man that decided to wander the outer side of the diamond city in days. It trailed behind him keeping a far but close distance. The drone's arms to their side it watched the scene break down. Another special? Her speed was immense and also peaked his interest. William labcoat over his shoulders arched closer to the screen as he saw these pieces of work his pencil broke over his paper as he wrote down his notes. "Wonderful." He whispered to himself. Ofcourse the mic connected to Altar faced away from him so he remained silent watching as camoflauge remained over him. Like an advanced synth

1518918479126.png
"Don't try to steal from people, maybe you wouldn't have to deal with the shitty conversation afterwards." He would say, throwing the knife on the ground as she was a few metres away from him. After a short pause and taking a few steps backwards, he went back to reading his book, whilst walking down the street.​

She looked down at the knife and cleared her throat loudly till he turned. She smirked as she held up the photo of the male in her hand, she finally spoke with her voice being unusually soft, and welcoming.
'This the guy you're looking for?... No one likes the pretty boys...'
She screwed up the photo and threw it the side before pointing past him, to where the exact male was that she had earlier mugged before she turned away, preparing to run off again.

Altar continued to watch and stand. William immensely growing bored behind the lens and layed back in his chair twiddling his thumbs to the look of the situation.

Maximus looked behind him, checking his pockets for the photo before sighing. "Annoying little twat." before doing anything else, he'd walk over to the screwed up picture, picking it up and putting it back into his pocket.

She pushed her leg back on the dirt and inhaled before pushing off the ground, beginning to run as a gush of wind was left behind, brushing up a cloud of dirt as she headed towards Diamond City. She couldn't help but wander.... would anyone know her?

William became wanted the two to stick together, But looks like fate has split them apart. He stroked his chin for a bit before sitting up in his chair and controlling altar. " I guess ill just turn her around." . The drone dashed to her directions , The camouflage glitched to the dust of dirt hopping up from the ground. Altar picked up a steel rod from rubble on the way and threw it at an upcoming building precisely like a dart knocking rubble down infront of her to stop her .. Or by chance he took maybe ontop of her?

Finally, those blasted footsteps were getting further away from him. At around the same distance though, he heard an extra pair of feet.. Maybe metal? He glanced away from his book to look over his shoulder, looking back towards the girl who was running. On the dusty floor, he saw foot prints being made and on further inspection, a glitched cloak of some sort could be seen. "Eh, it's not my problem if she gets killed." he would say, continuing.

She continued to run as she saw the metal rod be thrown, she turned her feet inwards to skid along the dirt and stop herself as she held her hands to guard her face, preparing for impact as she squinted her eyes shut as she stopped, inches from the now fallen rubble as she coughed within her gas mask, turning to assess who had a death wish out for her. She knelt down and picked up one of the stones that had fallen as she carefully made he way, tracking back through the dirt cloud she came from.

Last edited:
He walked off into the shadows dusting off the cloak. Picking up an aged can from the ground Altar walked back to his original spot where he had better sight of the hooded man. winding back his arm he through the can at his head like a softball, But being hollow it didn't really do damage. Altar then turned to look to fix his vision on the girl to see how close she was. The whole purpose was to make a tangle to bind these two together maybe. Itll be better to learn from them when their both together.

Just as the can was about to whack him in the side of the head, Maximus caught it in his left hand, crushing it in the process as he looked around. "I don't care how invisible you are, robot." He would start with, throwing the now crushed can back in the same direction. "I don't need my eyes to find you."

She began to run t her fast speed, seeing the male in sight ahead as she increased her speed again. She gained her tracks on him as she jumped, a few feet away before gripping onto his back and squeezing his head, attempting to kick him to the ground as she snarled in anger, remaining silent.

William made alter stand and watch over . His vision was caught how the girl jumped on his back using her speed to put more of an impact. "Techniques seem to come by instinct.. Brilliant. " He whispered to himself his finger nails to his teeth as he chomped away to the joy of learning . Learning the more interesting affects of the war. Evolution! .

With an angry grunt, he grabbed the girl on his back and flipped her over to the floor in front of him. "All I want to do is read my FUCKING book. BUT NO! YOU PISS-ANTS HAVE TO RUIN MY DAY, ALL BECAUSE YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE!" He pointed to the invisible robot not far from him. "AND YOU'RE A FUCKING DUMBASS WHO PICKS THE WRONG. FUCKING. TARGET!" Maximus gritted his teeth underneath his gas mask, before storming off in the same direction he was going, muttering swear words and ranting to himself under his breath.

She was close to losing her cool as she whinced at the pain in her back, she looked in the direction and saw nothing. She stood and watched him walk off as she threw the rock at the back of his head. Her hands folded in anger as she scoffed under her mask, Whispering. 'Mutant freak...'

William digged his fingers into the mres he brought out to eat. His fingers digged into a pack of old meat and shoulder a finger full into his mouth as he forgot his fork . His eyes watched closely to the scene.

"I DON'T WANNA HEAR MUTANT FREAK FROM YO~" He was about to finish his sentence when a rock hit him square in the face. It seems that he was too focused on his own anger that he forgot to listen for incoming attacks. Which only added to his rage. He'd clench his fist, pulling the Three Barrel Revolver from his side belt and aiming it at her. Without hesitation, he pulled the trigger, hoping to either kill or get rid of the little bastard.

1518924339375.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back