• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fallout 3: Vaults and Vagabonds

Christina departed Megaton, looking at the two "deputies" standing guard outside, and then just ignoring them, making her way to the nearest scrap filled area. However less than halfway there she encountered an army of huge bugs in her path.
"Son of a deathclaw's bastard!!"
She pulled out her pistol and aimed it at them, then looked around at just how many there were and holstered her weapon. She grabbed the strap of her rifle and returned angrily to Megaton. She strolled up just as some people were being stared down by the twin guards.
"Hey boneheads!!! There's an army of bugs blocking my...."
She noticed the group of people, namely their outfits, and the cigarette in her mouth fell to the ground as her jaw dropped. She looked back at twins, then at the vault dwellers, then she drew her pistol and pointed it at the guards.
"If you dumbasses try to shoot some fuckin vault dwellers i'll smoke your asses myself. They gotta have all kinds of shit in that vault, and if we deliver burnt corpses to them, they're not gonna open the damn door. Guns. Down."

Angel looked at the deputy and said softly 'we're not here to harm you or do anything bad here, we're just passing through quietly,so please just let us through'. She hoped her bargain offer would let them out safely. She then heard another voice and looked to see another woman talking to the guards telling them to put their guns down and watched her unsure about her.

"Look, missy," Deputy Stockholm drawled, tilting his head at an angle, looking at Christina through the corner of his eye and pointing the index finger of his free hand at her. "You're lucky we let waster mutts like you inside the walls at all, so don't put on airs and act like you've earned the right to call yourself one of us. I don't know what hole in the ground you crawled out of, but here in Megaton, we have rules, we have law, and I'm sure as hell not going to let those I serve slip back into the anarchy of which they came just because some outsider pointed a gun at me." He spoke, thudding his fist against the silver badge resting over his heart for emphasis. "As much as I'd like to exact justice right here and now for these bastards letting my long lost kin turn to dust in front of their vault door, due process must run its course, and the innocent must be proven guilty. Lower your firearm, and I'll forget you threatened an officer performing his duty." Turning back to the vault dwellers with Angel's words, his gaze softened a fraction. Taking in a deep breath, he addressed them as a group and hung the strap of the hunting rifle over his right shoulder. "You folk have nothing to worry about so long as you're good people that have done no wrong to Megaton. The Sheriff should be here soon to explain everything. Answer his questions the way he'll like them answered, and I'm sure you'll get along fine around here, same as everyone else."

Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire , Lonerfemale Lonerfemale , haku_81 haku_81 , SpaceDandy SpaceDandy , BlackOrchid02 BlackOrchid02 , ThaDruid ThaDruid .

Christina wagered the pros and cons of shooting him in his smug face, vs not doing that........ After he lowered his gun, she holstered her pistol, then walked over to the vault dwellers.
"So! Vault dwellers huh? You guys must have some pretty cool shit in that thing."
She put her hand on two of their shoulders, the shy girl that talked the guard down, and some tough looking girl.
"How about we be buddies? You could use someone familiar with the terrain, right? Hm? Come on, it's a good deal"

Angel looked at the rest of the group and said softly to them 'as long as we don't do anything wrong we'll be ok, ok guys?'. She then looked at the newest girl that came over to them then looked at Atlas 'we could use a guide out here and it would be helpful'.

Atlas shifted uneasily at the exchange. He had been tense and ready to attempt a quick draw on whomever had attempted to be a jackwagon first. The sweat dripped down his brow as he was not use to the heat of the outside world. His suit did a good job of breathing and prevented him from overheating too fast. When Angel asked him the question he paused for a moment. "It doesn't hurt to get some intel from her. It's up to you Angel if you think we can trust her. " he said pointing at the woman with the sniper rifle. "But everyone needs to cool their jets and lets talk to this Sheriff." he said reflexively still having his hand near his pistol. He looked back at Rose to see if she was going to get pissed about someone waving a gun in their face.....She never did enjoy being threatened. The last man that did that had a broken arm....and a non-functional reproductive organ afterwards.

Angel looked at Atlas 'well, we are the new ones here and she's probably been here for a long time and so I think she will be a big help to us'. She then looked at Christina 'I think you'll be a nice help to have so would you be ok with being our guide around the terrain?'. She hoped she would be ok with the offer.

The gates opened again with a crash. The other Stockholm twin, along with an african american man wearing a duster similar to that of the twins, a cowboy hat, holding a strange assault rifle in his hands, with a gold badge pinned to his chest reading 'Sheriff Simms', exited, a Mr. Handy and a Protectron, the latter the first any of the vault dwellers have ever seen, in tow. Out of the five people the group has seen so far on the surface, he was the first to bear what looked like a genuine smile. "Well I'll be damned. You're all from that vault! Vault 101!" He laughed. "I ain't seen one of these jumpsuits in a long time! What're you folks doing here this time? Come to borrow a cup of sugar from the neighbors?"

Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire , Lonerfemale Lonerfemale , haku_81 haku_81 , SpaceDandy SpaceDandy , BlackOrchid02 BlackOrchid02 , ThaDruid ThaDruid .

"He doesn't have any sugar. Cockteasing bastard"
Christina whispered into the tough girl's ear, still hanging off her and the quiet girl.
"Are you still compensating with the Protectron? You know you'd think the mr. handy and fancy gun would be enough, but nooooope, just gotta have that extra bit"
She holds her fingers close together in front of the quiet girl's face, suggesting "something" being very small and laughing.

Atlas looked over at the new girl and frowned. He leaned over to Angel "You need to get your new friend under control before she gets us killed." he whispered while smiling back at the Sheriff. "You need to ask him about the other vault dwellers before us he met....." said Atlas under his breath to Angel. He looked relaxed but had his hand near his pistol if the pecker jokes got to far under his skin.

Angel nodded silently to Atlas then looked at Christina and whispered 'please settle down and try not to get us killed already please'. She then looked at the sheriff and asked softly 'how do you know we were from vault 101 and how do you know about us vault dwellers and we're just passing through quietly, and how many vault dwellers have been here before us?'.

If the Sheriff noticed what Christina said about him, he didn't make any indication of it. "Your vault is just one of many, spread out all over what's left of the country. That's why they're numbered you see. There's a few ones dotted around what remains of the Washington D.C. area, so plenty of vault dwellers have passed through here in the past. Most are too violent or too insane to be trusted, and so fucked up in the head they can't even speak more than a few words. One day a man came walking up the road carrying a vault boy puppet with him. Talked to it all the time, claimed it talked back even. Someone stole it from him and sold it to one of the traders to get him to shut up, and then he snapped, just like that. After killing the thief with his bare hands, he stormed off into the desert to find it, and we've never seen or heard from him since aside from the occasional campfire story you hear from former raiders. Usually my deputies shoot vault dwellers on sight because of psychos like that, but they realized you weren't crazy enough to warrant a bullet in the brain just in time. Your home, Vault 101, is unique among the fallout shelters in that it remains functional, although I don't know how it could manage to survive intact for so long when so many others have failed. A short time after the missiles fell all those centuries ago some of our original settlers tried gaining entry, but they were left to rot outside the vault door. The ones who decided to move on sheltered in a nearby hilltop crater left by the impact of an atomic bomb and built Megaton out of scrap from a nearby airport with the help of the Children of Atom. About two decades ago, a party about this same size came here and talked to me to get the lay of the land topside. Your kin showed interest in setting up a trade route with Megaton for meat and medicine in exchange for what passes for food down there before disappearing, and one of them even got Moira, an eccentric merchant and self-proclaimed scientist of our's, to armor her vault suit while she explored out of town. Never came back for it either. In the years since, a few runaways have escaped and come through here, spouting nonsense a 'overseer' indoctrinated them with. They never last long I'm afraid to say. People like you just aren't cut out for what it takes to live out here, but I suppose none of us but the mutants really are." He sighed, rubbing the chipped nail of a thumb against the back of his neck. "You're all free to go as you please. I can see none of you are old enough to have committed the crimes my deputies have accused you of. As long as you don't make any trouble during your stay, you won't have to deal with the law again."

Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire , Lonerfemale Lonerfemale , SpaceDandy SpaceDandy , haku_81 haku_81 , BlackOrchid02 BlackOrchid02 .

Last edited:
Christina hushed up until he was finished yapping.
"Exactly, you're all gonna be really loud food without someone who knows how to survive out here. Like me. Trust me, i'm the best chance you're gonna get. I'm quick, i can kill things at a distance, and i'm also the only one in this town that has travel experience. I'm from the Boston commonwealth. We've got some vaults there too. Unfinished one in a subway even. I tried getting into this big one outside some little jacked up town, but the damn thing wouldn't open at all. Big hole in the ground, you'd think it'd be easy to get in. Oh, one more perk of me, i'm probably the only one that WON'T shoot you in the back and steal the clothes off your asses. So you guys have any food or water that isn't irradiated?"

Atlas listened too the Sheriff and accepted his fate. The Vault his whole life was a lie of sorts. He appreciated the hospitality that had been afforded him. He looked over at Angel and the back to the new girl who was asking for food. "What was your name again?" he said with a tone of annoyance.

haku_81 haku_81 Pat Pat Lonerfemale Lonerfemale

She looked over to the person speaking to her, then walked over and stood in front of him.
"Christina "Scarlet" Miller. Wandering sniper and asset. Also i'm pretty good at opening things" She glances over at the guards and speaks louder
"Things that nobody owns! So what do you say? And before you answer keep in mind none of you have ever seen a deathclaw before"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back