• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fallout: 2290 (ALWAYS OPEN)

Pat

Three Thousand Club
NORTH AMERICAN WASTELANDS 2290

"Old World Blues and New World Hope. Those're the rallying cries that'll mobilize the continent for a new chapter in it's escalating post apocalyptic civil war. I couldn't have imagined it would come to this when it was my time to board the International Space Station over two centuries ago until I saw a mushroom cloud hanging over what used to be Tel Aviv. 'Deterrents' the generals and eggheads called them. Fucking bullshit... You don't mass produce weapons like the Tsar Bomba to deter, you do it to kill every unlucky bastard caught in their thirty-five kilometer blast radius. Irradiating his children's children yet unborn was just the icing on the Fancy Lads snack cake. Believe you me, doesn't take a prewar ghoul that lived through the hours of a nuclear holocaust, watching the fireworks go off from orbit, to see that the schoolyard fight most folks remember as the Second Battle of Hoover Dam is nothing compared to what's coming for us all next. And that's the truth."

20b2f90d7793a57b5b23de45d65b136c.jpg

><><><><><><><><><><

Untitled3_20200713055513-1.png
Untitled37_20200720185554.png
Untitled33_20200713053847-1.png

As you've likely guessed this is a continental Fallout nation builder set in 2290, three years after Fallout 4 and seven years after Fallout New Vegas. Once enough people say they're interested in the concept I'll post the faction/character thread, OOC, and other fun things. Some claims can be made for factions and land, and questions can be asked of me in the meantime here. NCR and Legion claims are placeholders, no one has picked them yet, so they're still open for roleplayers. There are three claims for the Commonwealth, Montana, and a NYC vault.

There are some things I'd like to make clear ahead of time that were problems when I previously tried to make something akin to this.

1. No aircraft that isn't like a blimp or vertibird unless you're a miniscule faction such as the Boomers where it's your gimmick.

2. No mass production of vehicles, the main method of transportation will be on foot (we might hold a vote on whether or not to allow horses).

3. Try to make your chosen faction fit into the Fallout universe. You can think outside of the box, just don't think outside of the room.

Last edited:
also i made the map so this is basically a bump and not really expression of interest

Hi, I would like to know if you would have me on board? I just have a couple of questions if you don't mind me asking.
One is sort of the mechanics of the RP, is there any certain rules in place that we have to keep in mind?
Also, are we allowed to make our own factions (assuming it follows the universe and all) or do we need to pick ones already established? I wasn't very clear on that.
Thanks!
Pat Pat

Hi, I would like to know if you would have me on board? I just have a couple of questions if you don't mind me asking.
One is sort of the mechanics of the RP, is there any certain rules in place that we have to keep in mind?
Also, are we allowed to make our own factions (assuming it follows the universe and all) or do we need to pick ones already established? I wasn't very clear on that.
Thanks!
Pat Pat
This will be a relatively freeform roleplay, maybe we might use dice to determine the outcome of very close battles people have with other players that they can't agree to an outcome on or how much territory people can grab to keep things from going crazy and people refusing to 'lose'. There's not really any rules aside from, don't be a metagamer/powergamer. The intent is to have a mostly story and character driven RP that's memorable, and for that, we need to maintain some balance between the roleplayers in it.

Either. You're free to customize established factions as well, to the extent said changes aren't insane.

This will be a relatively freeform roleplay, maybe we might use dice to determine the outcome of very close battles people have with other players that they can't agree to an outcome on or how much territory people can grab to keep things from going crazy and people refusing to 'lose'. There's not really any rules aside from, don't be a metagamer/powergamer.

Either. You're free to customize established factions as well, to the extent said changes aren't insane.
Alright, awesome stuff. Otherwise I don't think I have any other questions at the current moment. Should be fun to see what everyone comes up with! : )

Got any questions or factions/areas you'd be interested in?

I would be interested in creating a budding faction based around Texarcana, territory centering around the twin towns of Texarcana, Texas and Texarcana, Arkansas and encompassing parts of northern Louisiana, southern Arkansas, north-eastern Texas, and eastern Oklahoma

I would be interested in creating a budding faction based around Texarcana, territory centering around the twin towns of Texarcana, Texas and Texarcana, Arkansas and encompassing parts of northern Louisiana, southern Arkansas, north-eastern Texas, and eastern Oklahoma
Sounds very interesting. Sheet thread and OOC should be up within an hour or so.

Hello! I would be interested in joining this roleplay. :3

I do have a question: Is it required to make a new faction? Or can we make characters of existing factions?

Hello! I would be interested in joining this roleplay. :3

I do have a question: Is it required to make a new faction? Or can we make characters of existing factions?
People can make a new faction, or become an existing faction, or even alter existing factions to a reasonable extent. Obviously the Brotherhood of Steel for example wouldn't decide to suddenly embrace supermutants, ghouls, synths, with open arms, and just give away it's technology to wastelanders. At least, not without a very good reason.

Any more questions?

Alright! I'm probably going to make a character in Caesar's Legion, if that's alright. :3
It is, but it would be liked if you'd make a character with a leading role in Caesar's Legion. As a nation building roleplay, people control big groups of people. So ideally, you would be in control of that army of roman cosplayers like Caesar was in Fallout New Vegas, but with a different character that somehow replaces him. So you'd give orders to at least thousands of people from the perspective of a character.

You could go about writing the backstory of how your character becomes in charge any number of ways. Maybe Caesar dies of natural causes your character rises to power instead of Lanius or other candidates, for example.

Bump. With the exception of the Institute, all canon factions remain open for the taking. Custom factions across the continent have plenty of space to still claim.

This seems pretty based. Bump

Also I don't want to be that guy, but is the Enclave allowed?

hqdefault.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back