• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Falling skies: RP

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
His eyes squinted and his movement slowed, Azal glared at Weglas from afar, saying nothing. The night didn't go exactly as he had planned, or as smoothly.. but he was never one to have high expectations of things. Having his thoughts impaired by that awful substance never had a good effect on him, hopefully he'd return to his old self soon. But for now, he had to focus on what was most important, and that meant..

Feeling the immense pressure upon his shoulder, the bird swiveled his head around to face the ape. Azal's eyes widened, though to a human, it would be impossible to determine which emotion the bird was displaying here. "My friend, don't be so sensitive now! You don't strike me as the type of fighter who requires a proper medical examination before he receives treatment, now.. are you?" He squinted at Gruntus, before glaring at the grip he maintained on his shoulder. Likely, Azal would have kept up his proper behavior and put up with the human's tantrum, had he not been cursed with a most painful hangover.

Clapping his hands together and rubbing them fervently, Azal spoke aloud "Are we prepared then?" looking about at each of the party members who remained. "Off we go!" He announced, before joining with Weglas, staring coldly at the back of his head.

NeonFlow NeonFlow Quados Quados

Gruntus looked pissed but just sighed. "Next time when I say that I don't need healing, then I don't need healing." He walked past Azal and glared at him.

Turning his face to Farr he asked. "So where are we heading now? Are we going to wander the island without a clue about it? Did we hire some kind of guide, because I don't have the nerves to face an enemy again which bite could turn you into an little red Ape." Saying that he started to play with one of his knives.

Despite her better judgement, Ayda had stayed up long after the feast ended to process her notes. There was just so much information to document, the feast, the customs, her observations of skyracer behaviour, and of course the rather concerning conversation with Yahno. She still didn’t know what to make of the Akurra situation, but none of it seemed to be good.

By the time she had finished the sky was already gaining a flush of pink, but she didn’t need that much sleep anyway. The nap she got would suffice for now.

Ayda approached the group with a yawn. “Well it is nice to see everyone getting along so well…” she said sarcastically, raising an eyebrow at Gruntus. “As for your question, that is up to Weglas I suppose, but if we are still heading for the temple then we had best be prepared.”

Her face sobered as she continued. “While you were all passing out last night I spoke with Yano and it seems things are worse than anticipated. The temple has been overrun with darkspawn. Even worse, I learned about what happened to Akurra. It is corrupted, most likely by the darkspawn. Whatever it is, this influx of darkspawn is undoubtedly linked with the island’s fall. I’d recommend a further investigation, but it will be no easy task.”

Azal looked over at Gruntus blankly, blinking a few times until the man's back was turned to him, at which point he snapped his fingers; sending a tiny ball of sunlight which would orbit around the mass of muscles that was Gruntus, giving off tiny amounts of healing energy throughout the day, unbeknownst to him.

Stopping in his tracks and placing his hands on his hips, the bird let out a sigh and shook his head side to side, attempting to clear his mind. Their party wasn't going to get anywhere like this, he should be more like Ayda! Wise and level-headed! Though, achieving both those feats at the same time would be a daunting task even on one of his best days. "Hah! I knew I could count on someone to uncover the mysteries of this place!" He laughed excitedly as he approached her. "Ah! The darkspawn, you say..? Oh dear.." He pondered the thought, holding his hand up to his chin. "I'm not so familiar with those creatures.. though I have heard some most terrible stories." Azal said, thinking back to the members of his tribe who practiced sun magic, and feared such creatures of darkness more than anything else of this world. "At the very least, we should attempt to confirm the presence of this.. infestation.. and perhaps then, those more capable than ourselves may rid this land of such darkness, before yet another tragedy strikes.."

Weglas was about to speak his mind on the subject of a guide and what they would be doing, but as he turned around to face the party he noticed Yahno swiftly approaching... "darkspawn should be no match for your combined might. Let us have the native there lead us to the temple. We can imply that we wil rid their home of the foul creatures and-"
Weglas stopped talking as what he was about to say only highlighted his greed.

Farr made a noise of frustration at the Elfs mention of darkspawn then a surprised chuckle "really? So his snake god is real?... makes me wonder if other 'Gods' are alive."
weglas remained quiet as the skyracer approached, yahno landed in the middle of the party. He glared at weglas and then farr for a moment before turning to speak to azal and ayda.

"yahno wanted to warn you... But yahno could also use allies help."
"the allies are under my employ good.. child and i-" weglas shut up as the skyracer shifted his head toward the tree elf, hatred burning in the winged boys eyes whenever they looked towards the sly turd.

"Yahno can hear allies memories... allies have fought... darkspawn... allies be stronger then the sky race."
yahno must have been trying to ask if the party would help him be rid of the darkspawn,
Rurnur Rurnur Quados Quados Juju Juju

Weglas took "hearing memories" as reading thoughts. That scared the shit out of him... only yahno might hear why.

Gruntus looked annoyed, why should they care if there are darkspwan on this island. Maybe if they get payed for it but Gruntus didn't think that they have anything of value, Weglas could say that we yould take stuff out of the temple as payment but that wouldn't sit good with those guys.

Gruntus made an angry sound and his face got a little dark. "Why should we risk our life to help you and your God, snake thing?"

NeonFlow NeonFlow

Yahno looked toward gruntus with a stoic face, "you shouldn't. Yahno asks those with no fear... yahno wouldn't ask the children, the children be scared of darkness... the hunters fear killing family, darkness looks like us...allies scared of Chlokoka best leave..."
yahno looked away from the big man and toward the base of the mountain. "birds escape, stalkers, yakawho and beasts try to as Well... they sense something..."

Farr wasn't in the mood to fight darkspawn in a temple, in a open field? Much easier...but facing a giant snake didn't help sell the plan. "So what do they sense?"
"yahno not know... just sense instinctual fear.."

Ayda looked highly pleased by Azal's appraisal, nodding proudly. He was surprisingly intuitive -- for a beastfolk -- and as far as Ayda was concerned, he was the second most intelligent member of the party. Not to mention, the most bearable. "Precisely my thoughts." she chimed in agreement to Azal's proactive approach to the problem.

As she listened to Farr question the existence of other 'gods' her eyes seemed to light up. "A wonderful question is it not? Every culture seems to have these sort of mythological deities, oftentimes overlapping -- if not with different interpretations. In the works of R. J. Gragglesnark he even claims that many legends correspond with actual places of power, though hidden. Perhaps with Akurra we could..." she trailed off, distracted by a change in the wind. Looking up, she saw that it was Yahno, who landed amid the party. The fact that he could read memories didn't strike the elf as particularly surprising, considering the spell he pulled off the night before, but it evoked a strange feeling nonetheless. Just how much of a person's memory could he see...and how far back? She would have to ask him about it later.

Yahno was asking them for help and offering to be their guide, but unfortunately the first to respond was none other than Gruntus. Adya crossed her arms and gave a sigh. "A rather pretentious statement, Gruntus, considering I heard that a sky-born healer saved you from transforming into a Yakawho. I'm surprised you forgot, I heard you asked to be healed. Begged, some would even say." She gave a small snicker before continuing. "Alas, a barbaric human such as yourself may not be familiar with systems of honor, so allow me to refresh you. These people helped us, so we should at least consider investigating the temple. However, if you cannot grasp such a concept then take it as this; you are getting paid for this. So stop acting like an insolent child and do the only thing you're here for, to swing that unsightly axe of yours." Humans were so small-minded it was a wonder how they rose above common animals.

With a small huff, she straightened out her hat and looked at Yahno. "I'm sure with all of our combined talents we can eliminate the Darkspawn threat." she reassured him.

Gruntus laughed, he laughed so hard that he teared up. "Ayda, if you want to insult me then you should try harder. I never said that I wouldn't help them, but I have my own reasons to be here, so we should choose our fights careful. If we go into a temple, that is swarmed by darkspwan and a giant, corrupted, godlike snake, then we should think about it twice."

He took a few steps away from the group and shook his head. "The best course of action would be to lure one of the darkspwan out and question him or force his memories out, but what do I know, I am just I giant, stupid brute who can only swing his unsightly axe."

He turned quickly and his crimson red eyes layed on Ayda. "But to tell you the truth." He had a warm smile on his face and closed his eyes. "If you think again telling me that I am without honor..." He opened his eyes and they were cold as ice. "I don't need to end that sentence, right?"

He looked at Yahno. "I will help your people, bht you need to understand that we should be careful." he smiled but said silently. "I didn't survive so long to die here, he still needs to pay."

Yahno let a small grin show as Ayda brought up his bratty sister Nano, he wouldn't have pushed the aerthlanders for help. How could one justify the danger? They don't call this dying rock home... but gruntus looked to him and gave his word to helping. Yahno nodded his head in agreement, a careful approach was needed if they were to survive.

Weglas cleared his throat. "there you have it my airborne friend... just lead us to the temple And we can.. access the situation"

Farr coughed loudly before sharing his piece "leading the spawn outside would make it a easier battle in the sun... but I doubt any can speak... I've never came across darkspawn capable of intelligence of any sort"
Farr thought of all the encounters he has had with the monsters in his travels...
Some are weak, some are strong... but they all look like a smooth shadowy person with slight variations in size and appendages.
Weglas tried to keep his head clear of thoughts.

(I lost my iPad with the pictures to represent them, I'll get some though aha)
Quados Quados Juju Juju Rurnur Rurnur

Users who are viewing this thread

Back