• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Fall of Night

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
We lived in an electric world. We relied on it for everything. And then the power went out. Everything stopped working. We weren't prepared. Fear and confusion led to panic. The lucky ones made it out of the cities. The government collapsed. Militias took over, controlling the food supply and stockpiling weapons. We still don't know why the power went out. But we're hopeful someone will come and light the way. - Revolution 2012

This is the beginning of a post-apocalyptic world in which electricity doesn’t work.

At midnight Oct 31, 2025 Eastern Standard Time, the whole world suffered a blackout. At that moment electricity became a thing of the past. Since then it has become impossible to even generate electricity by such means as bicycle generators, solar power, anything. Something inhibits electrical circuits. It is the Final Blackout.

Characters
  • Fill out the portions pertinent to your character as best you can.
  • NO ONE knows what happened to cause the blackout. Yes, there were extreme political tensions. But whatever you think you may know - it is wrong. (This is aimed at older characters with high level military security access if anyone makes one.)
  • You may have more than one Character. Each must have a CS.

Blank CS

FAQ
  • No, batteries don’t work either. (I just figure someone is going to ask.)
  • The RP start will depend on your character. The blackout is at midnight. But if you don’t wake up until the next morning …
  • Think before you do things like go and fuel up a car. Pumps won’t be working.
Posting
3rd Person Past Tense
Semi Literate
Modest content. Personally I aim for about a page in Google Docs. Anything less and it means I have hit a writer’s block.
I do plan to move the plot along. I typically post no less than once per week; more if I have time. How fast we move the RP along will depend on how long it takes to develop a stable society.

Last edited:
Yep, it is intended to be a very open sort of setting. Still debating any rules about harming others. But I think I'll leave that up to the group.

If we can get at least one more I'll get a CS thread started - and an OOC thread.

My internet is being a pain. My Google Docs isn't opening for me to link a blank CS ... but there is a link in the first post here. I am not picky about format, but please no animated Gif's. (They are painful for me to try to read text near them. Eye troubles.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back