• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fall of Earth and the rise of Mars

Spacekitty

Recently Resurrected Divine Feline Entity.
The year is 2368, 268 years since the founding of the first Mars colony, "Aldrin" and 184 years since human colonization of the Red Planet began, and 30 years since Earth's fall.

Humanities fascination with mars began in the enlightenment era, when science and discovery began to flourish and the people of Europe began to question the teachings of the Church. The first astronomers who peered at mars through their primitive telescopes thought they saw great canals on the surface, and the "Martian" was born. People throughout the ages would theorize how these "Martians" survived the harsh environment and imagined a multitude of exotic plants and animals that must live there. These ideas and theories were ultimately crushed when the first probes sent back images if Mars. But rather than crush human interest in the Red Planet, it sparked a new wave. People looked to Mars and saw the potential it may of had to contain life un the past, and maybe even harbor some life now I its icy poles, or just below its red surface. The first rovers and probes sent back troves of information and liquid water was discovered in the surface of Mars. This fleeting and seasonal water spurred technological development, Landers and rovers were sent to the planet to trace this water and hopefully find life. This race to find the source led to the first human landing on mars and the first colony, even the first orbital station. But after years, decades even of search,no life was found and the search was abandoned. But yet again, new interest in the Red Planet was sparked.

The Earth was dieing. As hard as science tried to heal their home, all their efforts were for none. Earth simply couldn't support the number of people living on its surface. Some looked underground for the answer, while others looked to Mars. New colonies were formed, stations built and ships designed. Soon enough the first civilian colonies were founded. Humanity thrived in its new home and soon 100 million people lived on the planet.

All seemed bright for the future of the human race... At least until the Third Great War broke out. Tensions between China, Russia and the USA had been growing for years and this tensions sparked in an all out world war. Within minutes the planet was ni more than a smoldering radioactive wasteland. Mars and its people were left alone.

It's been 30 years since then and half of the colonies remain, roughly 50 million people. New Martian nations have been founded and wars have been fought. Life on Mars seems safe, humanity may even live on...maybe

The colonies are dieing. They were built hundreds of years ago with the theory that new parts and replacements were to come from Earth. But with Earths death this help will not come. Without these parts the Colonies will during within the next decade or so.

But there is still hope, there is always hope. Near the poles a land rich with resources has been founded, the resources needed to maintain and even expand upon the colonies. But there is not room for all in this land,the greedy Martian nations will fight for control, who will falls and who will rise? You decide, as the respective leaders of your nations. Go forth dear player, lead your Martian people to salvation... Or wither away in your dieing homes.

PERSPECTIVE/POSTING:

In this, DETAILED, rp you will play as a character from your respective nation. You will post primarily through their eyes. You will NOT be posting "command" style or in short one liners. I expect well.developed paragraphs that are enjoyable to read at the least.

TECHNOLOGY/MILITARY:

Yes yes its the future I know. Future tech. But this ain't star trek. You don't have FTL, you don't have ion cannons, plasma cannons, rail guns, advanced AI mega robots, dark matter, space ships (besides ships like NASA would make), grab drives/generators, or anything like that.

Mars has a thin atmosphere, so no fighter jets. But you can have hover planes that use thrusters. You can have tanks, basic mech suits. You fire bullets, maybe even HE bullets, but nothing more.

POST AMOUNTS/SCHEDULE

Unlike my other RP, you do not have to wait for me in order to post. As soon as you get accepted you may start playing and interact with the other players.

PLAY STYLE

This is mainly.player driven, but I will introduce story elements to advance the plot

So... Anyone interested?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a lot of stuff (factions, colonies, tech, ect) already worked out from a solar system wide colony RP that I have on the back burner. But it's all at a slightly higher tech level.

I'm not in love with all of your setting limitations (like colonies have to be Martian) but I do like space colony RPs, and I really like that you're allowing this to be player driven, so I'll keep an eye on this.

Bone2pick said:
I've got a lot of stuff (factions, colonies, tech, ect) already worked out from a solar system wide colony RP that I have on the back burner. But it's all at a slightly higher tech level.
I'm not in love with all of your setting limitations (like colonies have to be Martian) but I do like space colony RPs, and I really like that you're allowing this to be player driven, so I'll keep an eye on this.
Martain = person on mars not an alien

Bone2pick said:
The colonists are humans to be specific

The setting limitations are so it fits in with the theme and time period. O expect to see tanks, rovers mech like armors and stuff but not plasma weapons and large spaceships.

I'm also using this rp as a platform to launch into a "sequel"iah rp to this, which is more futuristic and encompasses the whole solar system

Yeah the stuff I have is for a setting one tech notch up. Giant mecha, grav tanks, large space cruising battleships, ect. I prefer that scale for a space colony story, it allows for more variety between factions. You're eventual sequel sounds like it might be the right fit though.

Bone2pick said:
Yeah the stuff I have is for a setting one tech notch up. Giant mecha, grav tanks, large space cruising battleships, ect. I prefer that scale for a space colony story, it allows for more variety between factions. You're eventual sequel sounds like it might be the right fit though.
Oh ok, I understand completely! Hope to see you in the sequel

I am interested. I like your Frontier one and like you said this one will be faster. I am in. I would also tag the others from the Final Frontier to see if any of them are interested.

Frontier said:
I am interested. I like your Frontier one and like you said this one will be faster. I am in. I would also tag the others from the Final Frontier to see if any of them are interested.
I have :D

Oh and BTW I would change the date Mars was colonized. NASA is going to do a colony in our lifetime!

Frontier said:
Oh and BTW I would change the date Mars was colonized. NASA is going to do a colony in our lifetime!
I would change the date to 2025-2050

Frontier said:
No they wont... unless they get more budget. I am legit gunman start a political campaign to get NASA the budget they deserve. Ever since its creation NASA has been a beacon of hope for scientific advancement and the corner stone of great discovers and amazing technologies. Without NASA we wouldn't be where we are today. NASA is the hope for the future, where we are not stuck on this fragile sphere we call home.

Bobisdead123 said:
No they wont... unless they get more budget. I am legit gunman start a political campaign to get NASA the budget they deserve. Ever since its creation NASA has been a beacon of hope for scientific advancement and the corner stone of great discovers and amazing technologies. Without NASA we wouldn't be where we are today. NASA is the hope for the future, where we are not stuck on this fragile sphere we call home.
I could not of said it better.

Hmm... i still want to bring some walkers and some arsenals like gauss rifle, perhaps some rail driver as well as i get some references from the games i play in.

Ramero said:
Hmm... i still want to bring some walkers and some arsenals like gauss rifle, perhaps some rail driver as well as i get some references from the games i play in.
Walkers would be fine, bur not as good as the halo ones. Halo style weapons would just ruin the feel. It takes place on mars and in the space around it so it wouldn't make sense if they has all this super advanced tech yet somehow were stuck on mars.

Plus I'm tired of seeing space rps where everyone tries to kill everyone with some mega Ai or a dark matter energy blade rifle

Last edited by a moderator:
Bobisdead123 said:
Walkers would be fine, bur not as good as the halo ones. Halo style weapons would just ruin the feel. It takes place on mars and in the space around it so it wouldn't make sense if they has all this super advanced tech yet somehow were stuck on mars.
Plus I'm tired of seeing space rps where everyone tries to kill everyone with some mega Ai or a dark matter energy blade rifle
I don't plan much for using Halo Arsenal instead i plan to use Red Faction Arsenals like Grinder with explosives, Arc Wielder that the electricity can kills the operator inside any vehicle, Proximity Mines, Thermobatic Rocket include Nano Rifle, etc.

Ramero said:
I don't plan much for using Halo Arsenal instead i plan to use Red Faction Arsenals like Grinder with explosives, Arc Wielder that the electricity can kills the operator inside any vehicle, Proximity Mines, Thermobatic Rocket include Nano Rifle, etc.
Im not too familiar with Red Faction but I would plan on allowing players to sue things such as advanced mines and rocket launchers (There pretty advanced NOW so its reasonable) and bullet firing variants of guns. Of course these bullets could be fragmentation bullets, high AP, HE and the such.

Im hesitant to allow stuff like the "Rhino" suits and nano guns because it doesn't fit in with the timeline. Of course cool weapons gives variance between factions but I feel it can easily be done with the technology restriction I have set into place. I just don't want another game of "Who has the bigger stick". No massive death robots that take out legions of troops and fire 10ft mini guns.

I think you should try out my rp, as you seem interested. I can tell you if any weapons you create are too advanced or OP (Im pretty fair). And if you dont like it, you can save you CS and use it for a more futuristic rp I plan :D

Bobisdead123 said:
Im not too familiar with Red Faction but I would plan on allowing players to sue things such as advanced mines and rocket launchers (There pretty advanced NOW so its reasonable) and bullet firing variants of guns. Of course these bullets could be fragmentation bullets, high AP, HE and the such.
Im hesitant to allow stuff like the "Rhino" suits and nano guns because it doesn't fit in with the timeline. Of course cool weapons gives variance between factions but I feel it can easily be done with the technology restriction I have set into place. I just don't want another game of "Who has the bigger stick". No massive death robots that take out legions of troops and fire 10ft mini guns.

I think you should try out my rp, as you seem interested. I can tell you if any weapons you create are too advanced or OP (Im pretty fair). And if you dont like it, you can save you CS and use it for a more futuristic rp I plan :D
Well, you know about Red Faction arsenals, there are basics and upgraded weapons. I will join in anyway if the RP has been established.

Ramero said:
Well, you know about Red Faction arsenals, there are basics and upgraded weapons. I will join in anyway if the RP has been established.
With you applying we would have 4 applied players, enough to start the RP.

I am interested, Bob, my good sir. I am new to this so pardon me if I don't get everything right from the start.

Freddybeard said:
Thanks. Will I just burst in with my character or will I have to show you?
Go to "Character Sign up" and fill in the form. Read the overview first though as it contains all relevant rp info

Users who are viewing this thread

Back