• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Fall into Darkness-

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Insularum Mystica, Isle of Messis, Outskirts Aetheria Entrance
The beaches became a corpse strewn hellscape, as the 8th JST Special Forces Group held the line. Magicite and aetherian rounds filled the air followed by the cacophonous staccato of automatic weapons, both emplacement and man portable. The invaders had taken heavy losses, but still they pressed their assault on the entrance to the sprawling subterranean Metropolis, pushing the defending Juggernaut Shock Troopers back in order to fill the breaches in the defensive line.

"WHERE THE HELL IS THAT ARMOR SUPPORT?!" Captain Decantus shouted into his radio, as the JST beside him lost half of his face from enemy fire. As if his prayers had been answered, the roar of 150mm cannons firing behind the struggling defenders, each round detonating with a high yield explosive. Moments later a company of heavy mechanized infantry with 12 Hydra Heavy battle tanks and dozens of Puma ATS' joined the line. "Just in time... Now we just need to hold out long enough for the 5th fleet to arrive from the Serpent islands... Them Lamia girls better hurry it up."

WeaselThor WeaselThor

The Sands of Dunia

Jokan nodded as she explained her peoples history to them, and he started to understand why she was so tentative towards them. "Im sorry to hear that, such a thing must have caused alot of pain, Do you know why we humans did what they did?" he said seeming to ask a question. "Because i might have an idea about that." he went on his own history breifing. Telling how early after the Divine war 6000 years ago humanity was working on rebuilding in the southern half of the continent. At least until Wood elves marched from across the sea, The nation of Thendrel. They pushed humans north, through the forests of the unclaimed lands all the way up to titainia, wrapped around the golden kingdom and attempted to squeeze humanity to extinction. It was then that he told them about the Wolves, apparently the Woodelves used Direwolves as mounts and often went in with packs of normal wolves. Humanity pushed back and forced the elves back to the southernmost portion of the continent and the forests of the unclaimed lands were liberated. A large part of their campaign was killing the animals that the elves used to cut off their advantage. "I am fairly certain this is the era you are referring to, many wolves were slain, especially the dire variety. Though i have to say its rather interesting hearing history from the other side, Study of history is a mandatory part of Royal guard education you see but ive only heard our side."
@Brea The Brave
~~~
The Worldspear > Eastern nebulae

Bhanell simply smiled as marius made his way off. "You may not wish to return, I am having family over for the forseeable future." She was confident that Ayla knew what she was going to be asked to do now. She floated down to where Na'Homid's chunky soup of a body was and Held her hand out to the mess. Telekinetic energy began to wrap around his bits and pull them together into a small bubble. "Ayla, I want you to head to the Silver Sea, in its Center there is an uncharted Island. My brother likes to brood there, i am sure if you sought it out, you would find him. Much as it pains me to admit, with the world being invaded and all, it might be wise to keep him around." she didnt speak these orders, lest the MRL intercept it, instead she sent the thoughts directly to Ayla via telepathy. With that she left taking the Na'Homid Soup bubble with her.
AliceNWeb AliceNWeb HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest LegoLad659 LegoLad659
~~~
Forests of the unclaimed lands

Jinsieg and Jaz were only just making it to the towns entrance when Jaz commented and he blushed slightly with a goofy looking grin. "Thank you my friend, I am actually rather good with creatures of all sorts, after all i kinda have to be, otherwise i wouldnt know a good summon. Or id learn a good onr and promptly die. A summoned creature still has its mind ,will ,and personality. If it doesnt like you pr you cant dominate it...well bad things happen." when asked about a name he seemed to mull it over a bit before finally snapping his fingers in an "Aha" fashion. "A couple months ago me and an exploration party were going through the forests of Thendrel, the elves hired us to hunt a creature called the Tarrasque, or rather we were told to chase it away. We found the thing and didnt think it would be too hard, after all one of the guys with us had killed a Dragon with his bare hands before, he was the King of the Giants and a really burly fella. Anyway this Tarrasque gave us alot of trouble, it ragdolled everyone, the giant stood his ground but the monster kept slamming the big guy through everything around. It wasnt too bad though after about a half hour the thing got tired of getting punched and pincushioned with arrows. So it sountered off into the water and swam out to see. Needless to say it was terrifying, this little guy was also pretty damn scary, so...its name will be Terra. My own miniature tarrasque."
ChazGhost ChazGhost

The Battle for Grenya

Na'Sur watched as his shield repaired itself. It would seem they didnt know about the generators yet. As jets of flame erupted from the south and the sound of the Siege abominations thuderous blows came from the west. By now the army was a little over a kilometer from the walls and would reach them in only a few more minutes. He smiled again as he felt the presence of the captains closing in on their targets. The squads had split leaving three to go after the prince and seven to go after the old guard and the drunken hero.
~~~
Southern Breach

The Horrors continued their onslaught of flames even as the twin arrows slammed into the abominations blade and caused it to veer wildly off course sinking instead into another Abominations thigh. Clearly the one who was struck was not happy as it adjusted its weapons trajectory to slam its blade into the gut of the other. The two brute blades got stuck in one another and they spent the rest of their short lives punching each other in the face with blows like thunder. However the prince did not have the luxary to watch his work play out. The flames died down and three terribly evil looking creatures about the height and stature of a man, but with pale skin with blades and rivers of black blood leaking from them. "Kesssshterin." one of the beings shouted as it formed its ichor into a pair of whips and began lashing out at the prince. The corrosive nature of the whips would become apparent as the droplets which his the ground burned deep into the soil. The other two moved quicly keeping their distance while moving in an orbit around the captain and prince, both occasionally hurling bolts of corrosive Ichor at him. They moved faster than any human, and their attacks were worthy of slaying even an old guardsman, yet the prince was a legendary hero. His eyes could read their movements, and his body would not break as easily as an old guard.
Balfnaught1 Balfnaught1
~~~
Western Breach

The old guard prepared to attempt to block the titans blow but luckily didnt have time to learn how folly that strategy was. Force arrows slammed into the creatures bladed arm causing it to fall on its brethrens leg, the other titan responded to this with a return blow and the two titans tumbled into one another delivering blows that made shockwaves. However their bout was short lived. As seven tendrils of blackish Ichor sliced right through them heading after the old guards. One guard saw the tendrils coming and erected a magical barrier on his shield to block the attack. He actually succeeded in blocking four of them, but the other three curved and his barrier had reached its limit causing the shield to be pierced by the final three. The three tendrils each slammed inti the old guard who made the barrier. In less than a second both arms and then his head were removed with lightning speed and surgical force. When the abominations and the old guard fell, the seven captains stood bareing their teeth. "Ssssaiyesssst." the middle one said in a hissing tone. And all seven of them began to open fire with bolts of Blackish Ichor. If the dead guards body was anything to go off of, one wouldnt wamt to get hit by this.
Remembrance Remembrance

The battle of Aetheria

The sounds of the battle were Mindwracking. Screeches and howls of creatures that would haunt the nightmares of soldiers for years to come filled the air. Radioactive slugs fell upon the fortified positions in a horizontal rain that seemed without end. The bodies of Citizens and soldiers, along with chunky bits of detonated Cyribdian's dotted the crater filled hellish landscape that had become the several mile stretch from the Entrance to the beach. Still the enemy came in an uncoordinated march that extended as far as the eye could see. Worse still the fortified position at the entrance while successful at keeping the horde out was forcing the horde to begin to swarm around it, it was almost halfway surrounded when the 150mm shells slammed into their ranks taking a couple of dozen with each blast, the Hydra's and Puma's came in adding their firepower to the defensive line causing more of the foes to fall, explode, and be replaced by the abominations behind them.
~~~
Meanwhile the Colossal axe weilding Na'khan continued his seemingly mindless rampage. Unlike the horde this creature leapt from living thing to living thing seeming to have an interest only killing its foes regardless of if they were civilian or Militarized. Luckily it moved with no kind of intelligence, Unluckily it seemed to sniff out even those that hid. It was moving southward on the island when Several vines began to grow up its legs. The creature only seemed to notice after it had stepped again snapping them without much effort. It looked down at the Vines only for a dragon roughly twice the size of a horse and made of wood slammed into it. Na'khan didnt seem to budge or even react with surprise instead it rose its hand up with an unnatural speed and gripped one of its hind legs dragging the dragon to the ground where he flattened its chest with a heavy stomp. It shifted its gaze in the direction the dragon came to see what initially looked like a moving forest coming towards it. Upon closer look it was an army of Ents, massive treefolk coming from the Nightshade Isle. With a Growl Na'Khan began to sprint towards the enemy with its axe held over its head in a empty minded charge.
HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest

The Sands of Dunia

“Tactical advantage...understandable” She nods, twitching her ears a little “And yet... Wood Elves no longer ride on our backs, we are our own people and they still treat us like garbage, so what tactical advantage need? What excuse do they have now? Funny that I don't see any people descended from horses because the Wood Elves needed a tactical advantage over the humans” She said basically referring to the fact that horses have given humans great advantages in battle over the years and she didn't see any Wood Elves slaughtering horses in droves because of it. “The reason, I am a Vagabond right now is in part thanks to humans. When I was younger humans were always distant, they never seemed to want to have anything to do with us, but as I got older that changed, as I got older they grew less distant but they got nasty...really nasty and I for the life of me couldn't figure out what we had done to them, for them to take so much time out of their busy lives to go out of their way to bother us?” She said “At first they were annoying, making sly little comments, calling us cruel, awful names, then they became troublesome, interfering with our hunts, setting off explosives from a distance to try and scare us. Then they got nasty and started throwing things at us, rotten food and other things that no one should want to touch with their bare hands, but apparently was worth it when it came to us” She said keeping her eyes on the compass and making sure they were going in the right direction as she explained this “Then they became dangerous, the conflict all started when they came charging through with those wagons to try and scare us, make us scatter, they nearly crushed a child who was lucky to escape with just a broken paw” She looks down and sighs for a moment still looking at the compass “And my father had, had enough, he was tired of trying to make peace with people he claimed wanted no such thing, people who he said couldn't even be bothered to leave us alone, he said that we couldn't just let their actions go unpunished, that we couldn't ignore their actions and continue to let them get away with it, that next time they could kill someone, so he took the Orú that would follow him and created a force of which to protect the tribe he said, a show of our people's wrath and he took those followers and slaughter the humans from the town that had been harassing us...every...single...one. The elders were furious, my mother was heartbroken but furious. Our people’s wrath as he called it was nothing more than a glorified Red Fang army and the tribe couldn't agree so they split, my parents split...and they asked me to choose...but I couldn't. I didn't like what he did, but he was right, we couldn't just keep letting them get away with everything they'd done to us, but I didn't think killing them all was the answer, it wasn't any better than what they did to us. I didn't like what he did, but he was my father, he was never cruel to me, he was never a bad father, overprotective maybe but whose father isn't? I agreed with my mother that he shouldn't have killed them, but I didn't agree that we should just ignore them like they were just children throwing a tantrum and that it would go away if he just paid it no mind, she was tough, but she was an alpha, that was her job, that was their job. Dad even made fun of her and accused her of coddling and spoiling me sometimes” She smiled, laughing a little as she thought back in a fond memory “I remember at my coming of age ceremony my mother made a speech and at the end she said that I was beautiful and strong and that my future mate would be luckier than he could imagine and my father cuts in and tells her not to give them any ideas and proclaims that her dowry is a one on one duel with him, all the young males stepped back and my mom, just rolls her eyes and tells them not to worry, that she can take him, and he says well I guess it's lucky for me you're not trying to marry her...I was so embarrassed that I wanted to die, for the lighting to strike me down where I stood because this thing they were doing here was torture...I would rather relive that day a thousand times than watch them argue over how and how not to deal with the humans. I would rather watch my father growl at other males all night like a lunatic than have them staring at me as they wait to see who's side I'll choose...because I couldn’t choose...so I left instead and yes I know it can be argued that it was my father's fault for killing them, that he didn't have to do what he did, but at the same time...they didn't have to do what they did either, and if they hadn't done what they did...maybe he wouldn't have done what he did either”

WeaselThor WeaselThor

Last edited by a moderator:
Rahu grimaced with disgust as he was surrounded by these dread beasts. The stench of death and decay clung to them as they rushed towards him, one of them attacking directly and the other two staying at a greater range. He had fought one of these before, and killed it, but it had been difficult. Now he faced three. However, he wasn’t the same person he was even a week ago. Constant combat improved one’s skills like simple training never could, and today this was even more true than normal. He had to win, simply because he could not afford to lose.

Despite his resolve, the combat was still difficult, mainly because of the two running interference from medium range. His senses were superhuman but that black ichor was dangerous on a level he didn’t fully understand. He would prefer to rely on his eyes to dodge them but they were often from outside his field of view. Eye of Trajectory was an incredible power but unfortunately limited by his inability to have a 360 degree awareness. This meant he was limited to staying on the defensive, dodging and firing off potshots until he could find the right moment –

Oh wait, there it is.

Rahu’s chance to reverse the situation came at an interval when the abomination facing him in close-combat withdrew his whips to ready for another attack while covered by the two captains attacking simultaneously… or so they thought. In an instant Rahu targeted the corrupted warrior furthest from him and the whip-wielding abomination, and Arrowported himself over, covering the distance in almost no time at all. As he neared he took advantage of the instant the monster’s concentration on his aim was disrupted to “exit” the arrow and simply hit it incredibly hard on the head with his bow, knocking it to the ground. Before it could recover, Rahu stood over it (keeping his eyes on the other monsters) and in a flash of inspiration, imbued his arrows with the “purification” property. Generally the best way to destroy something was to utilise its opposite.

Then he simply fired three high-powered shots into its centre mass, aiming to destroy its whole upper body. He had almost died last time he fought one of these things after assuming it would die after its head had been annihilated.
Not today.
WeaselThor WeaselThor Remembrance Remembrance

Last edited:
The Sands of Dunia

Hisato Kuramoto was walking in the Sands of Dunia, his sandals crunching the sand beneath him, his necro katana and wakizashi dangling gracefully on his left hip, his family heirloom, the naginata slowly swaying from left to right on his back, the kusarigama wrapped around his forearm, the small weight hanging in the air as his arms moved back and forth, his gait was sloppy, the sun blaring down on him, his armor providing minimal shade and eventually, he collapsed as he pulled out his necro katana and plunged it into the ground with the saya (scabbard) still on, he took deep breathes, his decayed lungs of 847 years ago barely managing to draw the breathes. Hisato didn't receive a moment to rest as he knew that if he stopped it would be death and his armor knew too as it surged his mind with the will to live. With the renewed will to continue, Hisato pulled the necro katana out of the sand and shook it before reattaching it to his left hip and marching onward, his battle mask hanging by threads of black rope on his right hip. I've been travelling this desert for a long time now... Yare yare daze, if it wasn't for this curse and this damned armor, I would've died by now but as long as the innocent are in danger, I must continue but I will not continue alone. He thought, as he moved his fingers on his right hand, he conjured forth... YUJI, the undead pet wyrm, Hisato's loyal companion, he acquired Yuji when he came across a nest of buried wyrms, he found this baby one particularly adorable and raised him to be his friend in these trying times. "Seishi" He commanded Yuji, Hisato's voice sounding echo-y and a hint of spectral as his vocal chords decayed a good years back, the cursed placed upon him by a god, didn't make him a perfect immortal but it did allow him to function even if his parts of his body rotted away beyond healing, Yuji understood Hisato's command and open its little maw as cold air spewed forth, cooling Hisato down. "Arigato" Hisato thanked the little wyrm and their travelling continued, as Yuji slumped over Hisato's shoulder, it should also be noted that Hisato's corpse-like body doesn't a emit a pungent aroma like other corpses, he suspects this is the work of the curse as well. As Hisato was walking, he thought would he find anything in this so far, desolate desert.

Albatross Transport, 45100 feet over Nebulae
As soon as everyone had boarded the Aircraft, Marius had ordered the pilot to make haste back to the isles, all the while trying to get in touch with command. After several minutes, and several dozen miles, the Lt. Colonel finally raised them on the radio. "This is Saber Actual to Scabbard. Come in Scabbard."

"Saber Actual this Scabbard, You called in at a hell of a time colonel. I need you en-route to Messis Isle. Aetheria is currently under siege by an unknown force." The general replied, filling Marius and the other surviving members of with a slow burning rage. It galled them that someone would have the balls to attack their home, let alone a city that was extremely important both industrially, and academically.

"Understood Sir. We had already finished and heard news of the attack from Queen Bitch herself. We also Picked up an additional Cadet and King Ghett, sir. The science team had been killed by an unknown but powerful combatant. Perhaps they are linked sir." Marius replied, going over the events that had happened including the loss of Albion.

"Damn it all... He was a good man... We'll be sure to give him the honors he deserves. You have your orders Lieutenant Colonel. If you managed to turn the tide, there will be a promotion in it. Scabbard Out." With that, only static came from the radio. Since it would still be a long flight, Marius decided to make his way over to the Moon Al-mi'raj to continue her education and see how she was holding up. The girl seemed to have been quite shaken during the battle.
Stepping over to her, he sat down and pulled out his flask once more, taking a small nip from it before offering it to the girl. "Take a sip from this, it'll help with the nerves. You did well today."

WeaselThor WeaselThor LegoLad659 LegoLad659 AliceNWeb AliceNWeb

Insularum Mystica, Isle of Messis, Outskirts Aetheria Entrance
With the addition of armoured support, the defenders managed to slow the advance of the invaders. But that was all it did. It seemed as if they were an endless hoard. And the big one just ignored practically everything they threw at it, even the Elf's Children were to no effect against the rampaging titan. That was until the defending soldiers heard the all familiar banshee wail of the Halberd Interceptor, or in this case a couple score of them. Then men began to cheer as the advanced fixed wing aircraft strafed the charging forces with 30mm auto cannons and Anvil Missiles, kicking sand and bodies into the air.
"Captain, Is it wrong that i am aroused by this?" A JST asked, staring in awe at the destruction wrought upon the invaders and the beach.
This of course caused Captain Decantus to bark a laugh. "Is it wrong that you should be?" He asked firing his GSM-40 at a survivor that managed to get through the strafing run.

The Halberds then turned back and prepared to make a run on the berserk enemy currently stomping a wooden dragon a knew mud hole. Their four 30mm cannons stitching a line of destruction, to no effect.
WeaselThor WeaselThor

Last edited:
Yusaria
(Crusix Phase: First Quarter)​
Everyone boarded the transport and sped off to help defend their home. Yusaria had been left to her own thoughts while Marius contacted the Scabbard and informed them of what happened, though afterwards he walked over and offered her a drink, which she gladly accepted "Thank you, Colonel." She said, taking a sip and handing it back "Do you really think so?" She asked, looking outside (If there were windows, or they were on top of the transport. Otherwise she just stared into space) "It didn't feel right... I mean, what if that... Thing, really did know who I am...?"

Albatross Transport, 45100 feet over Nebulae

Marius nodded in understanding, placing a comforting hand upon the cadet's shoulder. "I have no doubt he knew who you were. He was in our heads after all." He replied taking another pull fro the flask, the whiskey leaving a pleasant burn in his throat and chest. "I'd like to say that killing doesn't get easier. But I would be lying. After a Century of service to the Republic, it becomes another chore. Some never get used to it, but some just don't feel anything when they take a life." He went on, his own gaze staring off into the distance, as past battles flashed through his mind's eye. Taking a deep breath, he continued. What I'm trying to say cadet, it that you'll get through this."

LegoLad659 LegoLad659

Albatross Transport
The Colonel gave her advice in two parts, the first of which didn't exactly help, and the second, well... Yusaria shook her head in response "It's not the killing I'm worried about, I killed a lot of things in order to survive in the wild after all..." She told him, taking a deep breath "It sounds bad to say, but I've been long used to it. No, my biggest concern is that I just killed my only way back home. I know it had to be done, and I shouldn't be thinking that. But I can't get the idea out of my head, is all..."

The Sands of Dunia

Hisato's journey through the sands has finally yielded some fruit as he found a small outpost in the desert being terrorized by several sand worms, about 12 in total. He stopped at this sight and began to sway back and forth, his gear swaying with him, on the fourth sway forward, he fell into a sprinting motion running at the outpost, Yuji flying alongside him, flapping his little wyrm wings. It didn't take long for Hisato to reach the outpost and the first sand worm that terrorized it, the sand worm turned around to face the figure that was running at him, it got startled this... faceless individual. Hisato realized the sand worm had been startled by his sudden appearance and gained the opportunity to end this sand worm's life quickly, he jumped in the air with his foot out, kicking the sand worm in the stomach, causing the sand worm to recoil, Hisato's feet met the ground again as he reached on his back to pull out his naginata, this pole weapon sliced through the sand as it was removed from it's fastenings on Hisato's back, when it reached the air in front of Hisato, held by his right hand, he grabbed the lower part of the handle with his left and pulled backwards while the right hand push forward, executing a chopping motion, slicing the sand worm's head clean off his torso, making a clean stump."Ichi" Hisato said, as he looked at another sand worm, he rushed towards that sand worm and speared it with the naginata, it destroying its' inside as it punched through, the blade appearing on the other side. Hisato twisted the pole weapon side ways and lifted the handle over his right shoulder, he turned around his back now facing the punctured bandit, he pushed his right leg back and bent his left knee, with one heave, he threw the sand worm's body over his, the body sliding free from the naginata."Ni" Hisato said again, almost like he was counting. One sand worm rushed towards Hisato in a ferocious biting motion but its' wild biting availed it nothing as Hisato parried its' biting mouth and grabbed its throat with his left hand, "Korede shimaida" Hisato roared as he crushed the throat of the sand worm, dropping its body like a useless sack of dung, then he whispered "san" and shook his head. Behind him, 3 of the sand worms were at the beginning of a spitting attack but Hisato wouldn't allow them to continue as he raised his left arm forward in a quick motion, the trinket dangling from his wrist moving up and being grabbed by his hand, the trinket materialized into the Void Bow. Taking up a shooting stance, Hisato released two arrows in a rapid motion, nailing both sand worms in the head, he looked at Yuji hovering beside him and ordered. "Kakyu" Yuji looked at the third sand worm, Yuji then inhaled air through his nostrils and out of his mouth came forth a searing ball of flame, igniting the third sand worm's body."Roku" Hisato said. The bow quickly vanished as it appeared, Hisato sheathed his naginata on his back again and grabbed his necro katana by the saya (scabbard) with his left hand and the hilt with the right, he didn't pull the katana but his hand was resting on it. Hisato carefully paced around the outpost searching for the remaining sand worms. Out of the sands they jumped him but their sly ambush only hastened their demise, as Hisato turned around with lightning speed simultaneously drawing his necro katana, performing Iaido, he slashed 3 of the sand worms across the chest, slicing their heart and killing them instantly. He sheathed his necro katana and unwrapped the kusarigama, he swung the weight around before wrapping it around the neck of a fleeing sand worm, choking the life out of him, Hisato then extended 3 fingers and lifted up them up in rising motion. He yelled "Tachiagaru" and the deceased bodies of the sand worms rose up, animated by Hisato's magic, they wailed and roared into the desert wind whilst chasing away the remaining two sand worms. Hisato's last words were "Juuni" he then wondered where the people of the outposts were.

WeaselThor WeaselThor (I don't know who to tag, so I'm tagging you.)

Last edited:
Albatross Transport, 45,100ft above Nebulae

Ghett rode silently with the crew still in mourning when he overheard Yusaria and Marius's discussion. He wracked his brain searching for some wise and kingly words to use, but nothing came to him. At least not at first nearly a minute after she had expressed her sorrow he finally spoke up, it was another old Thuan saying but he skipped the translation this time and simply said it in common tounge. "Many roads lead to the destination of ones heart, we may have destroyed one of your roads, but others are bound to exist, you just have to find the right one." unlike his previous comment he said this one softly and slowly his eyes seeming to widen in a realization of his own. Here he was riding with allies to help them protect their nation and already he was coming up with new hope. Though his demeanor change was slight it would be noticable.
HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest LegoLad659 LegoLad659
~~~
Insularium Mystica, Isle of Messis, Outskirts Aetheria entrance

The horde took massive losses from the concentrated fire and strafing runs actually being pushed back far enough that their weapons were no longer in range, even if only briefly. The moments rest would likely have been welcome if not for the fact that the horde emerging from the sea onto the shore was beginning to spread, no longer clumping together in a mindless rush, instead they began fanning out and rather than slowky trudging forward, the horde let out a collective howl and broke into a sprint fireing off small rounds and using their post mortem detonations to attempt and hammer the fortified positions and barricades.

Meanwhile Na'Khan continued to shread the Ents in his path with such proficiency that a lumberjack would be jealous. Luckily there was only one of him and the ents were able to continue onward marching towards the horde in an effort to keep them from spreading south. The Strafing run peppered the Na with high caliber rounds and for the second time the rounds stopped just short of his skin, yet this time the barrier was slightly visible, a yellowish tinged force field, he responded by hurling his Axe end over end and narrowly missing one of the flying vehichles not once but twice, as the pilot had to turn sharply to avoid the massive weapons unexpected return flight pattern.

Further into the Mobile forest of ents Sylvia stood atop the high branches of one of her creations, her keen elven eyes studying this creature as it tore her babies into splinters. At first it was rage she felt, but that quickly gave way to dispair when she enchanted one of her ents to have wood as hard as titainium, only for the creature to be torn to pieces with seemingly no more effort than had been required from the others. "I cant kill this thing..." she thought to herself before making the executive decision that evacuations were in order. She guided several of her ents to march east and south away from the Na and towards any outposts and facilities she knew were nearby.
~~~

MRL maximum security prison, Near Aetheria entrance.

After several hours of listening to null frantic shouting the Guard was just about ready to put a bullet in him and be done with it. However his face turned pale and his anger left him when the entire underground facillity shook with the force of Artillery shells hitting the ground. Gunfire could be heard outside the elevator door for a few moments but it began to quickly fade into the distance. It wasnt until the doors were pryed open and Horros began pouring in that the Guard spoke again. "What the hell is going on?" he womdered aloud as he and the rest of the prison guards armed themselved with rifles and formed a line near the hallway leading to the elevators. They successfully gunned down the soldiers yet the consecutive detonations of their dead finally began to push them back, until on detonation damaged the locking mechanism of The first cell on the block...Nulls cell.

The boy wasted no time, as soon as he heard the whiring of his cells locke he slammed his shoulder into the door. Without the added strength of the magnetic lock holding it in place the door swung open blocking the soldoers view of what transpired next. The sounds of several detonations grew further and further away until the door swung back closed again revealing the now liberated prisoner closing the elevator doors hard enough that the metal crumpled together creating a slightly stronger seal. "I told you he was coming, its an invasion...now please tell me there is another way out of here." the soldier looked flabbergasted at the young man then he finally spoke up. "In my defense youve been shouting like a lunatic for like four hours. Even if there was a back up exit, which im not saying there is, why would i tell you?" the Soldier was hopping to get a reaction out of the boy but instead null just nodded. "Perhaps your right, i should know better than to rely on you by now." He said before he began to pry the doors back open. "Wait! There may be an emergency fire escape, mustve slipped my mind." the soldier said. Sure the prisoner was out of his cell, sure he just apparently kicked the crap outta a bunch of things thatthat were about to kill him and the others but he didnt want to let the guy wander free and risk getting marshaled. Even with all that factored in however, he sure as hell didnt want that kid to open the damned door again. "Excellent, show me." null said not taking his hands off the door until the guard gestured for him to follow. "If you wanna come with me it will probably help your chances." he said to the other guards as he followed the first one. But each one was quick to shut him down. No matter he had buisness to attend to elsewhere.​

Sands of dunia
Prince Ahi's sandship

Jokan listened to her story occasionally commenting here and there. He was no stranger to bloodshed and slaughter, however he did take particular interest in the parents dynamic. "With intelligence and sentience also comes the prospect of cruelty. I am sorry you have met such shameful examples of our species. Hopefully we will have better interactions than our ancestors." he seemed to be ready to say something else when the Prince called from the crows nest. "DROP ANCHORS! WE'RE HERE!!!" he shouted gleefully as he dove from the top of the mast curling in midair to land on his feet gracefully, only to stumble over his own feet as he rushed towards the edge of the ship. The servants below deck prepped the anchoring rods and Jokan grinned. "Well then i suppose our trip has ended. This better not be another trinket your majesty." jokan said as he pulled the lever out and the sail began to fold back. "Not this time Jokan, its big, waaaaaay big." he said with excitement, Ceilia chided in with "Well where is it?" she looked over the edge searching for a glint but found nothing. However the Prince turned with a huge smile "We're on top of it, lets start digging." he said leaping out as soon as the anchor rods dropped.
@Brea The Brave
~~~
Dunian Outpost Topaz

As the cursed samurai struck the worms down in a rather impressive manner the Outposts lone occupant began to shuffle his way out. "Thanks for the back up...by the elder gods man what happened to your face?" the man said obviously mentally addled, the outpost it self looked relatively well cared for but there were no signs of life besides his. Tha man wore a tattered Dunian cloak, with well kept suit of golden armor beneath it, but he had a long unkempt beard, and hair that was dreadlocking and shoulder length. He held a spear and a shortsword rested on his hip a dented but well polished shield was on his other arm. He looked bone tired and his cracked lips signalled thirst. "I dont have any medical supplies, but i can cook up these worms for some good eating." despite the samurai looking like a demon the man seemed utterly unphazed and slightly ungrateful.
Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian

Dunian Outpost Topaz
Hisato looked at the man, this sand warrior with golden armor, with his faceless void."I need no food, warrior, what I need is..." the echo-y spectral tone of his voice slicing the air as he looked up at the sun and its blazing glory, if his eyes still functioned, they would sting and waver in front of the solar rays but those days are over and now his pupil less orbs look at the sun with regret and sadness. "a map" The spectral samurai finished his sentence as his undead wyrm Yuji, wrapped itself around his neck, its' glowing entrails almost managed to illuminate the samurai's face, had he not placed his battle mask on."Can you also tell me where I am? I've been travelling this gods-forsaken desert for a year now on foot." Hisato inquired whilst surveying the outpost.
WeaselThor WeaselThor

Dunian Outpost Topaz

The odd warrior nodded at the mans comments & requests seemingly unphazed by them and promptly went to work collecting the worms remains. "Well i dont have a map, no dunian soldier ever has a map, otherwise enemies would be able to navigate the desert if they killed one of us." dispite his desheveled look the man moved rather quickly. "Also my Name is Kaielz, as for where you are. Dunian outpost Topaz, you have another 45 miles westward before you make it to the city...say, whats your name anyway? The old man sent me out here to wait on someone." He spoke slowly as if he were checking the words as he spoke. During his conversation he had produced a bit of twine and turned his shield upside down beneath his spear which he had set up between two sticks creating an elevated bar where he tied the twine around several pieces of meat tight enough that they dripped their clear gel like blood into the shield below.
Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian
~~~
Tyrados, Central Nebulae>MRL Eastern Border.

As the floating City passed over the Sparse landscape of Nebulae, Balmond sat with a smile in the center of the crater he had made. The massive blob of flesh had long since split into a horde of four foot heads with a razor sharp tooth filled maw, and a massive eye in the center, on each one was a mane of tendrils, each about six feet long, ending in an additional eyeball. The entire city was shrouded in clouds and powerful enchantments he had woven while he floated over The Golden kingdom prevented even the most skilled of telepaths from seeing his mind within the city. Not that they would have been looking, Tyrados usually went around the Nebulaen airspace.

As he made it to the center of the nation he finally was able to unleash the second phaze of his plan, crippling the cosmic elves. He rose his hands casting a massively powerful fire spell before shifting it at the last moment from physical flames to an invisible astral blaze. Finally he let it loose and could swear he vaugly heard the wails of agony as the elves connective telepathic network was burned away from them along with any unlucky enough to be in their astral forms. The fires slammed into the Astral palace and began to spread across the nation at an alarming rate. It wouldnt be enough to knock the nation out of any fights in the future, but it would certainly keep them busy for the time being. Which was all he needed for the time being. It would be less than an hour before the City would reach his target with its accelerated pace and his creatures seemed to shudder with Anticipation.
AliceNWeb AliceNWeb HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest LegoLad659 LegoLad659

Dunian Outpost Topaz

Hisato paused as he received this new information. "45 miles, if my calculation is correct that is 72 ish kilometres" He said as he scratched his helmet. Hisato paced around as he heard the man's question. "My name? My name is..." Hisato circled several times before finally answering. "Ah, yes. My name is Hisato Kuramoto, now, I have a question for you, Kaielz, is your station here in good faith or in foul?" Hisato said as he turned his body westward, while he slightly twisted his head sideways, looking at Kaielz with his right eye, he also began to spin his sheathed wakizashi with his wrist. Yuji leaped from Hisato's neck into the sand, the playful creature just wanted to rub his back with coarse and rough material.
WeaselThor WeaselThor

The Forests of Unclaimed land​

"I see. If you proper care and taming of the summoned creature is needed, I think my people would be good at least that part of the art" Jaz said after his companion explained how he was good at taming animals. "Terra... That is a respectable name. Don't you agree, Wake?" Jaz asked Wake who nodded in agreement. With that small chat, they left the village and headed off to the road of adventure...

"So my friend what is our plan once we reach Aurelia? I have never been there before so I'm curious as to how things go on there and what adventures are to be had in such a place" Jaz asked on the trail, Aurelia.

WeaselThor WeaselThor

Albatross Transport, 45,100ft above Nebulae
Marius nodded in understanding as he heard Yusaria's worries, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder. "I doubt that he truly had a way to return you home. And if by some chance that thing did, Thin about what it and it's kind would do to your people and home. Remember what it did to the science team? Would you honestly want to risk your people on the off chance that that bastard could take you back?" He asked, now in full on mentor mode. It was doing to be a long flight, and from what the general had said, they were going in hot. Now would be the time to impart so knowledge on the cadets. Before he could continue, he heard Ghett speak up. Marius couldn't help but nod in agreement with the Giant's proverb. "No wiser words could be spoken my friend"

WeaselThor WeaselThor LegoLad659 LegoLad659 AliceNWeb AliceNWeb

Albatross Transport
"You really think so?" Yusaria asked, looking at Marius and King "I guess, but... I don't know." She replied, shaking her head "I guess I've just been so desperate for so long... I'm willing to take any answer at this point. Even if it means bad things happened to the others, at least I'll know instead of being in the dark about it..." She said, sighing "Have you ever been without a home? Feeling lost and abandoned, and all on your own for the rest of your life? I can't even begin to tell you what that feels like..."

HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest WeaselThor WeaselThor AliceNWeb AliceNWeb

Atul Well, Dunian Desert

Danira looks around a bit confused as they stopped the prince claimed they had found what they were looking for that they were on top of it and that they should start digging. “Um...okay with what exactly?” She was aware that there were probably several answers to that question, but she wasn't a treasure hunter or an archaeologist so she didn't really know the process of digging up said treasure.

WeaselThor WeaselThor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back