Anime & Manga Fall 2019 Anime

SP3CT3R

seven foot frame, rats along his back
It's a new season, which means new episode 12-packs. I've flipped through some guides to see what to pick up, and the harvest looks pretty good this season compared to what we got earlier this year.

Amidst the swarms of increasingly bizarre isekai plots, we've got...

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun - I watched this one on impulse, and it's really vibing with me. It feels like something I'd watch dubbed in elementary school before I learned of the distinction between anime and western animation.

Beastars - Basically Zootopia the anime. I've seen some panels of the manga floating around Tumblr, and it seems moderately interesting.

My Hero Academia Season 4 - No explanation needed.

Anyways, there are way too many interesting new shows dropping this month, and I want to know what my fellow weebs here are planning to watch.

I'll be sure to check out the one you describe as Zootopia the anime because Zootopia rocks my world.

In general, I have no idea what is happening currently with anything so I'll probably just pick up recommendations or browse Crunchyroll.

Because it Belongs To A Series I liked:

*Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season

*Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin

*Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia

Because I liked the manga:

*Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru

*Assassins Pride

*Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai!

*Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen

*Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne!

Because there is a character I want to see animated:

*Azur Lane

*Granblue Fantasy The Animation Season 2

Continuing From last Season:

*Dr. Stone

Maybe:
*Mairimashita! Iruma-kun
*Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo
*Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld

Oh man I'd heard whispers about that on the reddit but i wasn't really sure about them. When they revealed it was true i absolutely lost it

XD And there’s now PVs for season 2 and even a commercial I think? Or if it’s not a commercial then it’s a really realistic portrayal of one being used for a PV

Hmm, let me bust out my list then:
- My Hero Academia Season 4
- Assassin's Pride
- Beastars
- High Score Girl Season 2
- Iruma-kun
- Ascendance of a Bookworm (though I just saw the opening and ending and I'm a bit worried).

As an isekai fankid, this season isekai don't look at all great except for Ascendance of a Bookworm (worried about art and animation quality). Plus, after what they did to Arifureta, I've been kinda skeptical to watch anything isekai related.

As an isekai fankid, this season isekai don't look at all great except for Ascendance of a Bookworm (worried about art and animation quality). Plus, after what they did to Arifureta, I've been kinda skeptical to watch anything isekai related.
I hear a good chunk of what happened with Arifureta had to do with the mess the production conditions were, with it being passed along like a game of hot potatoe.

Idea Idea
I know, but the damage has been done to my frail mental state.
On a side note, the manga would have been way better if they didn't make it a harem (if anyone has read it)

On a side note, the manga would have been way better if they didn't make it a harem (if anyone has read it)
I'm up to date with the translations, and yeah it's a bit forced. I don't think making it a harem is necessarily the issue as much as how much the characters get dragged along into decisions rather than those decisions really coming from them, and how shoehorned the love interests are.

Idea Idea
I think it would make it better though. I think because its a harem that they shoe horn these unnecessary love interests. I just think that the main duo was fine, they had their flaws, but it was obvious that they were there for each other and they could have just went about exploring the world together opposed to adding these love interest that have very little character traits outside of the trope their based off of.

EDIT: Another side note: Who asked for a second season of Fairy Gone?

think it would make it better though. I think because its a harem that they shoe horn these unnecessary love interests. I just think that the main duo was fine, they had their flaws, but it was obvious that they were there for each other and they could have just went about exploring the world together opposed to adding these love interest that have very little character traits outside of the trope their based off of.
I mean Yue's intro was also kind of shoehorned, they just happened to come upon one another and he released her from the seal on a whim. But I do agree that it would probably be better just focusing on the two of them rather than the harem.

Idea Idea
I mean, compared to the other two, I can believe in the reason for their meeting. Yes, it was extremely coincidental, but the way it is explained at least makes some sense to me compared the rest of them. Though I do agree that the author could do something better with her introduction.

Idea Idea
I mean, compared to the other two, I can believe in the reason for their meeting. Yes, it was extremely coincidental, but the way it is explained at least makes some sense to me compared the rest of them. Though I do agree that the author could do something better with her introduction.
Eh, I mean the dragon one makes more sense to me than Yue's. There is a reason, as their presence is kind of establish by knowing there is a threat, and the quest which leads the MC to actually choose to go to the place where they know that threat is. The idea of a dragon in a fantasy world isn't new to fantasy, and one with a human form isn't new to anime, and narratively the character is also established.

Not that there's nothing wrong with how the character was introduced. The way they did I felt was pretty uncharecteristic for the MC, and undercut a lot of the tension and badassery.

After a busy school week, I finally found time to watch stuff, and Beastars did not disappoint. The animation is surprisingly good considering that it's 3D, and it holds up to the Zootopia comparison.

I also watched the first episode of No Guns Life. The opening is great and the main character does the Elias Ainsworth/Alphonse Elric thing where he becomes a blob. I love it.

I have found myself surprisingly enjoying ore suki nano, it's an incrediby funny show contrary to my innitial impressions. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back