• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fairy Tail: Legacy of the Twilight Prophet

Aeris was still in disbelief that Meryl had known about everything... about Kuuna, about the Eternum... about the Muses. She understood not why the spirit opted not to tell them anything but looking at her she had the sense of serenity and overflowing cold emanating from her which was suddenly alien and familiar to her at the same time. The spirit standing before them watched gracefully as they drank in her information and waited patiently as they were to reply. Aeris knew not how to properly respond... not now. But it seemed Eias was not as shocked. In fact she seemed to be very angry and fired up at the same time, her ire formed in words were now directed at Meryl personally. Aeris - as much as she wanted to soothe her companion - could not just simply say anything and instead she... looked at her familiar as well.

Meryl's face betrayed no other emotions again, she just calmly listened to Eias as she directed the forceful words at her. Whatever was lurking in her heart now was a mystery. Listening to the Muse she nodded.
"Such enthusiasm is what I wished to hear from the Matriarch." she said calmly, resuming her laps for just a few moments as she gathered her thoughts "Though such confidence is dangerous on its own I trust that you will be able to... temper it, if it was to overcome the hardships ahead of you."
She paused and stopped.
"The Midnight Hour is without doubt the most... taxing tasks you could possibly take on. It will put your resolve and your will to the test and will make us see whether you are truly worthy of being in front of the Duchess and to be the paragon of Ca-Elum. That being said, the trial itself is no simple task. It will... claw at your mind."
She lifted her palm for a moment where a snowflake began to form, dance and rotate around.
"A mind is a tangled web, something that is delicate and hard to balance. Dwelling on all the loose ends results in lunacy, tying everything up will lead to madness. To understand it is to understand life - and as such no mortal being is capable of doing that. Yet despite all this all crave to see, all wish to know the truth about everything... even if the truth is darker than anything they had expected."
The snowflake turned ashen gray and evaporated in her hand.
"The shadows that haunt you... will be made to face you. Or rather... you will be facing them."

Aeris listened silently. If what Meryl said was true... the visions were but a taste. They would face their darkest nightmares in the trial and they would do it probably alone... there was no telling what awaited them. She looked up the spirit with a resolute face.
"What price must we pay to overcome the trial? What if we choose to brave it first and proceed to the rest?"
Meryl nodded.
"The chill of the shadows will follow you on the road from then on. They will make sure that you face your terrors every time... that you see beyond sight. But whether you can brave the eclipse is up to you alone."
She stared back at Eias.
"I would not be telling you had I not believed that you are powerful enough to be tested." she said sternly "Compassion is proven to be a rarity in the face of despair. Bonds which seem to be tying you together stronger than anything may yet be severed if they are not strong enough. No mistake must be made, Muse Eias. No doubt must linger. If your companionship is truly unbreakable it will shine even when you teeter in the brink of the void itself."
She closed her eyes momentarily.
"I had not chosen this path without purpose. I chose this to see whether fate can be preserved or not."

Eias still felt a little bust of heat that rivaled Meryl's cold as she spoke up. Had she played right into her hands? It only made her more aggravated. The off hand comment about confidence hit a cord with her. Reluctantly, she backed off. Sure, confidence was a big part of her life but Eias wasn't a knownall do all about things. She still had her limits and didn't have the biggest of confidence when new subjects came up.

With a light huff, she let Meryl continue to speak. It seems like they would actually get some I formatio out of he, even if it wouldn't be direct information. The web was now known to be a mind affecting thing. Something to make them deal with inner turmoil. What that would bring for Eias, she wasn't sure. There were countless things they could throw at her that would bring out her Demons.

Hearing the new information, she sat back down.
"I... I see. This we'll be challenging for sure." She said with a broken speech. She gently lay her head on aeris' should as she closed her eyes.
"Well, we have felt with a lot... I am sure this will be like any other." She said, trying to sike herself up again.

Aeris sat down with Eias, trying to soothe her as she did. She let the girl rest her head on her shoulders as she slowly began stroking her hair to try and tell her without words that she indeed was here for her. That she could count on her. She wanted to make her see how important she was and that she believed in both of them... even if she had doubt in herself still lingering. Meryl said nothing for a while, her cold expression scanned the girls as she waited and watched in solitude. Deep down she had other things she needed to fight, she could not allow for her worries to bubble to the surface. She knew that it was necessary if she wanted to see everything through.

To her surprise it was Aeris who spoke up this time.
"All this pep talk makes me curious, though." she said a bit quietly, still soothing Eias - or well, trying "These trials seem to be brutal and I bet the reason is not purely entertainment or the test you keep mentioning. I have to believe that something else also plays a role even if we can't see it. I would very much like to have an idea about what it exactly is."
Meryl did not want to speak up just yet but then she shrugged.
"Many are the things you do not yet grasp - many are those which you will never understand. But that is how it should be."
Aeris looked at the spirit now, her eyes still emanating the warmth and care, even if Meryl herself concealed them.
"So why do YOU do it then?"

Meryl did not answer at first. A chill ran through the room as she tried to collect her words and composure to try and explain everything. It was harder for her than she had initially anticipated - making her emotionless mask to crack just a little bit, showing worry and weariness for the briefest of glimpses.
"I have witnessed many things in the past." she finally began "Unfulfilled dreams shattering, terrible calamities coming to fruition by accidents... the world became to toil around in throes I could not possibly conceive with my mind. It frustrated me, it angered me: being the keeper of wisdom I was bound to understand everything yet the more I knew the more questions were raised. That was until..."
Her voice faded.
"Until I was bound to you. Until I became your... familiar."
Aeris felt a little stab at her heart, she knew not where it came from.
"Ever since that day... I had a vision which was unlike others. A path opening up in a vast uncertainty that was the world. A light in the darkness of the twisting void which gave me purpose. It was - it still is - a difficult one to interpret. I see light and shadow unified, dark and clear unite. I see two figures in the middle as they bring forth a new dawn in the dark night. Yet everything else was still shrouded in mystery... until you came."
She looked at Eias.
"The moment I saw Lady Muse my heart began to race. I recognized those features, the purity of a soul so young and so powerful. I knew immediately... she is special. But being special is not something that brings dreams to fruition: it is the tireless labour, training and work on such special skills which allow one to bloom. This is the reason why I am doing it. This is my purpose, my destiny. No matter how it ends or what must i do... I will follow you two till the ends of the earth. I will do what must be done, show you no one else can show... if it brings forth a new light."

Eias peeked up as her friend begain to speak. It was rather odd for Aeris to be an initiator in a conversation. That usually fell to the spirits or Eias, herself, to do. The question at hand was also rather abrupt. She had a point though. The trials seemed rather harsh for a game of entertainment. What really was going on was still lost to Eias, but hearing Meryl's story was slightly uplifting.

As much as Eias hated it, she kept being called special. Sure her muse powers were rare, but just the fact she was constantly told so, it made her feel less special. Knowing now that there is a second figure in the mix helped. She was sure it was Aeris too. It only made sense if it happened after being bound. Seeing that small portion of humanity also helped relax her emotions.

"I see. Well I hope you get the vision you crave so much. Only time will tell if I follow the right path you have seen."she said with a minor flame to her tounge. She was still aggressive, but the words were simmering now.
"Is there any more you can tell us about the games? I know being a keeper of secrets you won't outright tell us like the others, but I'm sure you can come up with something cryptic before we depart."

Meryl did not reply immediately to Eias' retort. She could understand the girl's ire as she had expressed her frustration whenever she was treated as a special person. The anger which fueled her in this very moment was not only justified but was also very... intriguing for her. She had seen her only once like this when she wanted to substitute Aeris for the kiss the girl wanted so much. Being deceived seemed to anger her much but the more surprising thing was that she got furious about not being Aeris instead... that curious phenomenon was something that reminded Meryl of who she just played with - and her similar reaction in this exact situation today was a testament to her feelings... which gave her hope.

"Advice is what you seek?" she asked finally, nodding to herself "The trials will test you to your utmost and you have little time to prepare for everything. However, small doses of training may help you iron out your weakest of points and allow you to endure them better when it becomes the real hurdle within that labyrinth."
She paused, looking at them both.
"You, Lady Eias, has issues with you constitution, that much became evident to me during the training days in Magnolia. The wisest decision would be to... try and do something about that. Strong is the weapon that cuts down its foes - but if the wielder of it collapses under the pressure there will be nothing left to strike with. Brace yourself - and be ready for anything."
She looked at Aeris now who felt paralyzed.
"As for you, Lady Aeris... embracing emotions is still one of the shallowest trait that you possess. Train yourself with your ally to become less of a liability inside the trials. You may think that your iron will can overcome everything... but faced with paralyzing fear and your will becomes but a vacant shell of a dream you once cradled so much."

She now stepped forward, to Aeris it appeared that her size had swelled tenfold for just a moment as she reached out with her hands.
"You both stand before me as not just allies - but as paragons. Risen through the ranks through virtue, compassion, cunning and tenacity you truly have become paragons of your kind. Thus... I see fit to see both of you off in this game and hope that both of you emerge as victors. There is not a single way of solving the tests ahead of you: forge your own tactics, create the path best suited for your team's powers and conquer them in a sequence as you see fit. When you have all three tokens of power in your possession seek the exit and find me there - do this as the first team above all... and you shall receive fame beyond measures - and privileges unprecedented."
Her form returned to normal, despite the former being merely an illusion probably too. This time her voice became warmer and resembled her other self, the one both of them knew well.
"I will be waiting for the both of you. Do not disappoint me. Do not disappoint yourselves. Just... do your best."

Eias waited more ominous help and in turn got a somewhat straight forward answer. She knew about her short comings for these trials already but at least it was a solid answer rather than cryptic ones. Though she didn't back down, she felt small in the presence of Meryl as she took steps towards them. Whether this was a scare tactic or some form warning, she couldn't say. All she could do was think in the back of her mind that this was an illusion. They had to be quick, strong, and sharp minded for the up coming event and they didn't have much time to prepare. It was a nightmare but they would have to face it eventually.

As the form of Meryl shortened once again, she heard the slightly warm tone to her voice. It had been a long time but hearing it gave Eias a little hope. Hope that Meryl hadn't been lost in some mind shift and that she was in fact a kind hearted person.
"Well, thank you. We will give it our best shot. Thank you for the information and I suppose we will be seeing you after the games. Hopefully as victors." She peeled herself from Aeris and looked towards Meryl with a powerful stance.
"We will be seeing you later then. Hope your days go well with whatever you're seeking."

Meryl nodded at the speech of the Muse, understanding where she was coming from. Aeris felt really glad that the tension between the two of them ebbed just a bit, even if the cold exterior remained the same for the time being. She really did not want the two of them to get into a fight and an argument - though with Meryl's planning and manipulative nature and Eias' impulsive, freedom-bound spirit it felt to be inevitable. Whatever was the case she wanted nothing more right now than to ponder on the said things.
"Thank you, Lady Meryl. We shall take your advices to heart and aim for victory." she said as she walked with Eias towards the door.
"When next we meet we shall be triumphant." she echoed the words of Eias to radiate confidence. Meryl merely nodded and let the two walk out from her room quietly.
It was then that she turned around and closed her eyes. Her vision returned once more: she and Eon laying lifeless on the floor, a radiant and dark figure pushing back the abyss... a new dawn breaking...
She shuddered seeing her own demise but she sighed.
"I may not be able change my fate. No one can." she smiled "I just hope that the future bring a clearer path to us all..."

They walked barely out of ear shot of the residence of Meryl when Aeris turned to her friend.
"Well I guess we both know about our shortcomings then... though I know not how to remedy them in such a short time." she said, clearly worried "In any case now that we know about this trial being about nightmarish visions we can finally set up the route best for us."
She sighed.
"As much as I fear the emotions part I might lean towards doing that first... if I can help you not being thrown into the challenges with the constitution test burdening you then I can bear it... I hope. What do you think? We still have some time before dinner to discuss things."

They stepped out of the room, only hearing the faintest of words from Meryl as they did so. She obviously had her own problems going on but Eias knew plenty about the spirits problems coming up. A sad fate to think about. Something that she hopped to change eventually. As they walked away, Aeris brought up the games once more. Once again, she was trying to sacrifice her own well being for the betterment of herself.
"No... not yet at least. We really should talk about what we can gather from the final puzzle. The third trial that still eludes my thoughts. I don't really have a clue on what to make of it but perhaps either Eon or you could enlighten me. As for who would go first in trial picking, I would choose the magic denying one faster than you did the mind tricks. You're a smart cookie. We need a good strategist in her peak during the first part of the trials."

They took a few more steps before Eias stopped. She looked at Aeris worried.
"What was it you saw in your vision? Something horrific i would assume after the expression you made."

Aeris listened as Eias explained her choice of which trial to take. She shuddered at the thought of what might happen even if the girl had some merit in her words. She did want to do the best for both of them but she was now uncertain how that was achievable. Still, now she had to be strong and show bravery even in the face of adversity so she just accepted the proposition Eias said inwardly... with the intention of talking about this later.

When Eias stopped them she waited anxiously for her to speak - only to bring up something rather unpleasant of a topic. She did not want to recall the images so soon but she had no choice but to tackle them again. With a sigh she spoke up.
"Images of struggle, chaos and despair." she managed to say "You battling with darkness... us covering in fear... It was very real for sure... too real in fact... but there was something I did notice at one of them... something that... might explain why Meryl acts like this..."
She gulped, bracing herself for the shock she might reveal.
"I... saw... Meryl and Eon... die." she managed to say before her voice faded away "They... laid there in front of me... the life fleeing from their tiny frames... yet I was unable to stop it... unable to do anything..."
She shuddered.
"I... I felt the horror gnawing at my mind without equal. Terror consuming me like never before. If... these were truly glimpses Meryl had shared with us then she too had to see it for quite a while. And if that is the case..."
She nodded at Eias.
"I think this can be an answer to your question too. My suspicion is that we will have to face similar - if not more real - images like this during that particular trial. To face horrors unprecedented... to see pain incarnate."
She felt a heavy, throbbing feeling at her heart as she grasped her clothes to try and dampen it. She knew that these things were but possible futures for all of them... but what if they were more...?

Eias bit her lip at the mention of the spirits dying. She wasn't sure if that was Meryl telling Aeris or if it was just an internal fear of the crimson eyed girl. Either way, it wasn't a coincidence yet she wasn't sure how to bring up the information she knows. To leave a bomb like that upon Aeris was a hard one to muster but eventually she would have to know. Eias just hopped it wasn't too late.
"I too had realistic visions. The guild on fire and chaos around. Even you getting impaled by some darkness. It was horrifying..." She said as darkness cast on her face. "But that is why we are here. To stop these things from happening."

Aeris stared at Eias for a moment as she listened to her. Though she knew that no words could reassure her she had to be content with the comforting embrace of her friend's ones. She sighed silently knowing that she needed to shrug off these dark memories and that they had to forge onward together. Hearing what Eias had witnessed she touched her own stomach, thinking about the impalement.
"Well... at least you only saw me having a bad time with whatever impaled me, right?" she tried to smile "I... am sure that you are right. To prevent such possible futures we have to band together now more than ever. But we can not do that if we stand and contemplate about it exclusively."
She extended her hand.
"Let us continue our walk. Together we will find the best solution to everything. We can go back to our room or just explore a bit it is up to you."

Meryl's mood was more dampened than before. Having the brief discussion with the two of her closest allies she could feel the pressure mounting up. Over and over again the inevitable fate of hers drew closer and she knew that it had to be embraced, no matter what. In fact, she was more than willing to assist in that...
"Contemplating on your choice?" the voice of a tired man came from behind her as the door silently closed "You chose your champions. You chose that one trial. Are you having doubts now?"
"I never had any, Latosius." she said quietly, staring outside of the window "I am no fool. I know what I am doing."
"What you are preparing for is... rather difficult." Latosius commented, no snarky remarks or any hint of conniving nature lingering within him "They are powerful enough to pass, about that I have no doubt. But to actually achieve what you desire..."
Meryl frowned.
"Aeris had her yoke for a long time - even if Eias is blessed by my Mother she alone will not know how to free her friend from her burdens. She is way too young, way inexperienced. They had ventured into the depths of the soul once and they nearly died. I will not let that transpire... not if there is another way."

Latosius stepped closer to her and put his hand on her shoulder.
"You know that you can ask my counsel any time. That is how we first... encountered too."
"That was a long time ago."
"For mortals perhaps."
She turned around to face her. Her expression was bleak but stern.
"See to it that the Chess Game goes as planned. That is all I can ask." she said "They do not realize but this holds way more in itself than a test. It will show us too whether they are ready for what is to come. Whether they could weather the storm that will soon descend upon us."
Latosius said nothing.
"So you sensed it too..."
Meryl looked at the sky.
"That I did... and I can only pray that we are in time still..."

Eias exhaled hard as the thoughts faded back into her mind. It wasn't the best memory to think about in terms of Aeris. Whatever was coming up would be dangerous. Everything was dangerous, but this time it had even bigger consequences. If these visions that Meryl gave them were to come true, then there was no time to goof off now. Rest and battle was all they could do for the time being. At least, until they were finished with whatever these visions were.
"I think we should head back and rest.. Its been a long day." She said as she took Aeris hand and proceeded to walk back into the halls.

The morning sun crept very slowly on top of the cloudy sky as it finally dawned upon the world. The birds were chirping and the light finally found its way into the bedroom of the girls. Eon was having a good night's sleep for once, untroubled by anything her allies had in mind to do - she knew that Meryl had given them ample opportunities to prepare and thus she said in bed until late. Or so she planned.
As the light gained purchase she could not help but stir for a moment, as if she had heard movement outside - but convincing herself that it was all but a dream she finally pushed herself back to the dreaming world to gain some morsels of rest still. Little did she know that she was not actually dreaming.

Aeris could not rest. Making sure that Eias could have a nice sleep still she woke up with careful steps and walked to the private terrace they had very slowly and steadily. Her mind was filled with turmoil as she tried to untie her knotted tongue, trying to finally say what she wanted to say for so long.
Emotions... her greatest hardships. She wanted to practice in silence to finally tell Eias how she felt.
She ventured to the terrace and sat down, carefully closing the door behind her. For a moment she stared into the rising sun and nodded to herself. She had to do it. She had to try. She took a deep breath, concentrated and exhaled.
"Eias... for the longest time I l- " her tongue broke again as she hissed. A dull pain rose within her. "I always wanted to tell you that I l.... l.... l...."
Words ebbed as the pain throbbed more and more. She knew she had to push onward.
"There is nothing in this world I cherish more than you... I really l-"
Searing agony rose up again, suffocating her words. She felt a tight feeling in her chest but she tried to keep silent and push on. She had to do it. She just had to.
"I l-" she began "I really, more than anything... I really... l-"
She gasped. Why was it so impossible? Why could she not do it? Why...?
She could not give up... the precious time she had to practice was little. Meryl told her of her shortcomings and she did not want to disappoint Eias or herself. So, sitting on the chair on the balcony she tried again and again - only to be rewarded with obstacles.

They soon came to the room where they retired for the night. The wind grew chilly yet her clothing kept her at a steady temperature, though, it was still a little colder than normal. She knew it was from the gem loosing its magic and slowly giving up aspects that made the clothing so special in the first place. Slowly Eias found herself to rest. It wasn't the best she had had but it was better than none. Her dreams didn't stand out much this time around. All the stress and planning fiddled with her dreamscape enough to have vague ideas of what was going on in her subconscious. It wasn't the first time this had happened and it wouldn't be the last.

Morning came quickly, it felt like. Eias found herself cuddling with a pillow rather than her friend this morning. With heavy, sore, eyes she slowly rose. Looking around, her face like a zombie, she couldn't find her friend anywhere in sight at the moment. How many times was she going to leave her in the bed and sacrifice sleeping. Was it because of her? Was she troubling Aeris? Surly not. The girl seemed overly fond of her. It was probably due to the stress. With sluggish movements, she crawled out of bed, hopping to find a nice warm cup of tea and something to eat. Today was going to be a long one.

She could not breathe. The pain poked at her too much now. She had to lay back in her chair and gasp for the precious air she could manage to keep herself awake. Drenched in sweat and cheeks turned red from the droplets of tears coming from her eyes as a response to the torturous response of her body Aeris tried to calm her nerves down to focus even for a moment. It felt like that she had been at this for an eternity while in reality barely few hours had passed - but she was where she started. The only thing she managed to achieve was an incredible headache and a period where her clothes gripped her so much that she almost fainted.

"I... am at... my limit..." she whispered to herself with despair. She hated to admit such things, always pushing herself for betterment she never could give up - but this time she felt it. The heavy, elegant clothing was already felt to be a prison more than anything, her movements were stiff and her breathing was shallow. She felt a wave of heat was over her even though the chilly breeze of the morning tried to soothe her overheated body. She... could push herself no further.
She was about to give in to the sadness when she heard stirring inside. She immediately realized that Eias had waken up - she just hoped that she was not the reason for it by being too loud. Trying to shake off her fatigue she attempted to stand up - only to almost be forced back down by the vertigo she had felt. She had not realized how much strain did she actually put on her body until now... but it mattered not to her. She had to go in and greet Eias, no matter what.

Trying to keep herself composed - and the harm to the minimal - she gracefully opened the balcony door, walking into the room, looking at her friend with a forced, happy smile.
"Good morning, Eias." she said, unable to hide her red eyes or her puffy, reed cheeks "I hope you have slept well despite all the nerves going around. May I order some special breakfast for you or something? Or you just wish to relax?"

Eias had shuffled her way to a ketel and cups in her sleepy, weakened, state. Slowly ticking the heat up to allow the water to boil, she sat down in a near by seat. She was lost in nothingness as she listened to the water simmer with bubbles. No thoughts, just morning sleepiness filled her body. Once the ketel started hissing at her, she grounded herself to pick it up. She poured the hot water and placed her tea in to infuse and took in the aroma and sighed.

Hearing the door slide open, she turned towards the balcony to see Aeris. At first she thought nothing of it. They both stayed in the same place. She hadn't even fully registered that the girl was talking to her. She simply stared at her with heavy eyes as she sniffed the tea once more. Then, as if a switch was flipped, her grasp on the cup hardened. So much so the fine china started to crack in her palm.
"Aeris... Who made your eyes so red?" She said aggressively. It was obvious she was ticked off at the thought of someone hurting her.

Aeris kept up her smile as she saw the sleepy visage of Eias looking at her. She enjoyed seeing the girl in such an empty state, to be free of burdens and mind being put at ease was something she imagined to be very nice - or just outright drowsy. Still, she looked at her friend with glee until she heard her question coming at her with a sharp turn. Immediately she felt a bit uneasy as she sighed.
"It... is nothing." she said, waving with her hand "I just... tried... conditioning. Yes, conditioning. Something went in my eyes, that's all..."
She noticed what her friend was drinking.
"Oh that tea looks fascinating! I will grab a cup and pour some for myself."

She just could not tell Eias that she had forced herself to near exhaustion trying to say that one word without success. The same of it made her embarrassed beyond measure and she just could not imagine it happening. She finally took a cup and filled it with the delicious tea, settling down near Eias as she did so. With a curious blink she looked at her, trying to conceal the redness.
"So uh... I hope you had a good night's sleep. Today is the last day before the big event." she said, sipping her tea "I honestly do not really know how to spend the day today, aside from making some tactics I'd assume."
She paused for a moment.
"Do you have anything in your mind as a particular issue? Something we should still do before tomorrow comes?"

Eias held the fury for a while even after Aeris said otherwise. It just wasn't something she wanted to see happen to her friend. She release the grip on her cup for now as the heat started to get to her palm. Luckily they didn't have to pick up shards of cup form the ground.
"Oh.. well if you say so." She said still not fully buying it. Maybe it was just recent events getting to her, so her face softened.

"Help yourself, made it just a few minutes ago. As for today, I honestly have no idea. Planning and rest? That is all I have today."

Aeris saw the softening expression of Eias and she sighed in calmness.
"I... actually have been thinking about today a lot." she said "I usually always prepare for the worst and training our worst parts is something I was thinking about."
She touched her chest.
"I tried conditioning, as I mentioned. It... made a steady progress but I am nowhere near ready. I will really have ot rely on your expertise in these thoughts if I am to succeed like you do."
She sipped from the tea again.
"In addition... I wanted us to have a little time... for us two. Secluded." she gulped "Don't get me wrong I am not implying anything intense in all the sudden but... I know I am the most relaxed when I am with you. The closer the better, so to say. To this end... I wish to have a little happy time before we would need to go into the fray for the trials. Of course, if you are fine with that."

She looked outside of the window.
"I can not lie: I am nervous beyond my understanding. No amount of mingling with nobles or walk in the park could solve that. In all my life... you were the only one who could soothe the raging fires within me."
She closed her eyes.
"I know that you hate being called special. But... you ARE special for me."

Eias placed the cup down on the stand as Aeris spoke up. It seemed she had taken the opportunity to train a little in the realm of emotion. Sadly, Eias knew Aeris wasn't going to be a master or get any better in the span of a day. It just didn't work that way. However, she was surprised to hear of her request. The tea still in her mouth nearly ejected as she asked to be secluded for a while with her. Her imagination ran wild for the moment before Aeris interjected.
"Right right." She said after she gulped the tea down. "Of course I'll hang out with you. You can pull me aside any time." She said happily.
She grew stiff, though, as Aeris went on. Calling her special and all that.
"Well... That special is different from what others call me. That special means a lot to me."

Aeris allowed a smile for herself to sit on her weary expression.
"When everyone expects from you to save the world and act like a chosen one it is easy to forget about oneself." she said, sitting back "I honestly think that both sides has their merits... If you really are special and bear powers greater than even you can imagine then who are you to deny them? If you have the power to make a great change happen why would you sit idle? The greatest riddles of all for sure..."
She blinked.
"Then again, who am I to make such judgments. I am a humble scholar who had amassed magical knowledge solely due to being a host for spirit's magics. I just have my own opinions about things like these like everyone does. Even though you think of your Muse abilities as a burden for me they mean the miracle of the world - when you cast your spells the world blooms around you, everything, even the lifeless rocks fill with vibrant colors. It is... a spectacle to behold for sure. But..."

She had to pause again as a warm breeze welcomed them both from the half opened balcony. She stared at the rising sun and smiled happily, looking slowly back to Eias.
"You are right about that special being different." she said quietly "Back in the day I accepted that failure and practice are the vessels of greatness, only trials and tribulations could lead one to glory. I was focused on my studies, ignoring everything and everyone in order to achieve my "perfection". Then one day when I was battling that minotaur... a clumsy girl almost got impaled by me still raging from the lust of battle."
She stopped, touching her chest with her gloved hand.
"Ever since that day something began lurking in me. Gnawing at me. A weird, foreign sensation that I never felt before. Something which made me hunger all the more... but not for food or for magic exclusively. Nothing of those mortal delights. My sleepless nights turned into ones I could think of but one thing. My studies were disturbed by ideas which would cater to someone who was now... beside me. The stoic exterior of mine deteriorated as something brighter than the sun melted away the cold darkness."

Another pause came. She felt the sensation slowly throbbing at her. She felt it... and she welcomed it.
"Never before... did I imagine such fortune. A nature within me, my true self long repressed began to slowly manifest. It scared me... it still does. I realized with feelings unshackled that I delight in things others do not. I welcome things others do not. I accept things others do not..."
She closed her eyes.
"I had to realize this... I am not afraid of the trials ahead as much as I am afraid of... what might happen if the last shackles of inhibition fall off from me. I urge myself to think of things which do not cause those feelings to be evoked... I try to think of training and studying to keep them in check. But near you... its near impossible. Your perfection and beauty keeps me slip away. And that makes me... scared. So... scared."
She was unsure how Eias would accept this revelation... she was afraid to lose her friend... either to herself or to other circumstances.

Eias stood and listened to the wise words of Aeris. In all honesty, it wasn't people telling her she was special. It was the mindset that came with it. If she did have this great power, she was scared to wield it. What made her the best option to have it? Power corrupts and it has been proven by many of their foes in battle. She may have a heart of gold now, but what about later in life? What if this power gets to her head. Then she would really be lost. She just wanted to deny her power so that she could run away from that thought.

Soon, she went into a different topic. One of her own fears. Things she didn't understand yet felt sorry for her friend.
"I am not sure I follow in your feelings... I have never had that in terms of emotions and such. I can only imagine how scary it would be after years of repression... If what you're saying is true, and that I am the cause, do you want me to keep my distance?" She said weakly.

Her heart sank as she heard the reply of Eias, her voice telling all what she was thinking.
"No!" she immediately shot up from the spot she was sitting on and walked over to her friend, grabbing her hands. Her eyes glimmered but she managed to hold back all the emotions. "I would never... I would never want that! You freed me from my prison. You have given me a new purpose in my life... I can never fully repay all you have done for me..."
She sighed, her face turning more somber.
"It is just my responsibility to keep these feelings in check. To keep these desires under control. I have no right to ask you things you do not want just for my own sake..."
She remembered the first time she had seen Eias wearing such an elegant dress... how her heart was jumping out from its cage... how the lustrous, faint voice of Eias mesmerized her. She... was enthralled, frankly.
"This is why I want to be with you. To know you better. To understand you better... to be with you through thin and thick..."

She pulled the girl closer to her, now putting her hands on her hips gently but firmly. The two girls were close, so close that their clothed breasts squeezed against each other. Blush filled Aeris' cheeks as all the burdens and fears seemed to evaporate for but a moment of clarity. Her heart was thumping as she squeezed Eias closer and closer to herself.
"I... want to be worthy of you and your brilliance, Eias. No matter how hard I need to push... no matter how much suffering I have to endure. I will be able to say that word for you one day you longed to hear for so long. I will be able to fully replicate the feelings you have, even if I have to go through hell to understand them. No price is too big to see you happy... see us happy..."
She leaned in closer, her breath was upon Eias as she gently touched her chin. The next words were barely audible, merely faint whispers reverberating in the air.
"Even if it tears at my soul every time... even if the strain pains me every time... even if the agony washes over me... I just want to be with you... to care about you... to be yours..."
She said as she leaned in for an affectionate kiss. The pain, dampened, surged through her once again but she did not care. Over and over again she just had to prove her friend how much she cared for her.

Just as Aeris blurted out the 'NO!' she jumped a little. She had not expected such a reaction from her. It was a sense of fear and panic that she got from the reaction. At the most needed of times, she could should bright colors of emotion. She allowed herself to be held as she was plainly in shock of what was being said. Changing her for the better even if it hurt her. It was both beautiful and sad. As they pulled away from the kiss, Eias simply stared into the crimson eyes. Unsure what to say in the moment, she curled her fingers around the clothing and pulled she in for a prolonged hug.

"If there is anything I can do to help stop this pain you feel, just tell me. I want to help. I want you to be who you want to but I just don't know how. I don't care what people say. 'Would you still love her because of this or that' I don't care. I just want you to be free."

The hug felt comforting to her. Aeris succumbed to the graceful hold of Eias as she smiled at the tender words of the girl. Still... she could not let lose of the sight of which was the plight of hers. Good intention did the words of Eias have she could not possibly understand how she felt, something which gave her some solace. She felt the pain in her chest slowly receding after the kiss and some strange warmth allowed to remain in the arms of her friend. Her eyes were glinting from the sudden rush of positive emotions as she sighed.
"You know not what you ask for. Neither do I precisely to be frank." she said quietly "I am not sure how it would be if I could let everything out... various unpredictable emotions would probably surge forward... desires that are..."
She fell silent. She remembered their date and their time spent at the start of their training in Magnolia. She remembered everything very clearly yet she could never accept those feelings to be standard. They could not have been... they should not have been...

Her smile turned into a somber, determined face as she gently placed her hands on Eias' shoulders.
"You know what feelings made me feel alive and enamored. You saw what made me free, what lit up desires locked away. Yes, it was partially you... but it was also something else too. Something I just can not accept."
She closed her eyes, gently pushing the girl away so that she could see her resolute expression fully.
"People may say many things, but this one I have to say. You THINK you want those feelings to be free... but you don't. You THINK that it would make me happy - probably they would - but I do not want to risk it. If it is a price I have to pay to be locked up but it would allow me to experience special moments with you... so be it."

Her hands curled into fists, obviously fighting to convince herself of the necessity of all of it. It was such a subtle and small hint, she hoped Eias would not notice. She finally gathered her composure, fighting down the urges... and put a smile on her face.
"We are getting off the track again, into depths of emotions I'd rather leave uncharted on my part. I can not understand them properly, anyway."
She nodded.
"What would you fancy to do then until the afternoon comes? I planned our... secluded time to be then but until that point we are free to do whatever you propose. Would you train? Would you relax? I will trust your counsel."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back