• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fairy Tail: Guilds of Pergrande: OOC

F
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

Find links to all the important pages here.

AtlannianSpy

Alarmed and Strangerous
This is the OOC thread for Fairy Tail: Guilds of Pergrande! Please introduce yourself in the interest check and then direct any extended questions, comments or discussion here!

Excuse me...

I'm currently working for the cs but... I want to suggest an idea of a personal magic (anyone could use it I guess, as long as there's the cause in their backstory).

This power is the effect because of one of their family members wrongdoing. They are able to use the Keys to open the celestial gates. But instead of summoning, however, they receive certain power from the called celestial. So, imagine them opening the gate of Horologium, but instead of him before them, they holds a shield and becomes a shielder.

The power wouldn't be as strong as when the celestial themself uses it however.

Excuse me...

I'm currently working for the cs but... I want to suggest an idea of a personal magic (anyone could use it I guess, as long as there's the cause in their backstory).

This power is the effect because of one of their family members wrongdoing. They are able to use the Keys to open the celestial gates. But instead of summoning, however, they receive certain power from the called celestial. So, imagine them opening the gate of Horologium, but instead of him before them, they holds a shield and becomes a shielder.

The power wouldn't be as strong as when the celestial themself uses it however.
Yeah, that seems fine! Also we encourage making up your own keys! Canon one are okay if you reaaaaaaly want, but we'd prefer personally made stuff!

Ayy, I have a question. Will we be using the OOC thread to discuss later on when we're accepted or will there be a Discord chat?

We've got a discord server set up for once people sort out their CSes, but people are free to use the OOC for stuff as well if that suits them.

technically there hasn't been any rp yet, but I'd like to think we've got a good road ahead of us.

Unrelatedly, for everyone, we've added some information on average attribute scores for the general populace for anyone who is curious about that. You can find it in the attribute section of the mechanics section but I'll add it here too.

"For most of the populace, physical attributes range somewhere from 1 to 20, although some people invest the time and effort to raise their abilities higher than that regardless of their actual occupation. Magical stats for the untrained typically rest at 0, although ethernano reserves have some slight fluctations above that naturally."

Excuse me, Gunn is here with another... Question to ask.

So, you said that you would prefer for the celestials to be original, not from the canon. I then came across an idea:

What would you, AllHailDago AllHailDago and AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy think, if the celestials here were to be replaced with our mythological and historical figures from our world (i.e. Joan of Arc, Arthur Pendragon, etc)?

Well.. I guess you could say.. the concept? Since I thought that, if we were to keep the same entities, all the while re-designing them, changing their abilities and changing their personalities... I don't know... I just thought that wouldn't be enough to be called "original".

I was about to suggest gems and stones, but they don't really have the shapes to define them..

Well.. I guess you could say.. the concept? Since I thought that, if we were to keep the same entities, all the while re-designing them, changing their abilities and changing their personalities... I don't know... I just thought that wouldn't be enough to be called "original".

I was about to suggest gems and stones, but they don't really have the shapes to define them..
I mean if your taking something inspired by something else it could make it original, absolutely nothing wrong with that. Just with Historical figure and some fictional ones their backgrounds don't really do a good job to fit with how the Celestial Spirit World works.

jus make a pantheon lma0
^ This! Some mythological figure that has powers to base it on and a general personality can work best, since even with that your going to have to change their backstory to have them fit either way. If its a historical figure the only way thats going to work is if you say take Ben Franklin and then change his story so its some crazy Celestial spirit that uses electricity and likes doing experiments toying with different ways to use it... basically making it practically nothing like the original person. XD

jus make a pantheon lma0
Uh... Wut? XD

I mean if your taking something inspired by something else it could make it original, absolutely nothing wrong with that. Just with Historical figure and some fictional ones their backgrounds don't really do a good job to fit with how the Celestial Spirit World works.
Ahh... That could be.

You could say I'm afraid if I were to think about all the 88 constellations without discussing with others who are interested in making celestial mages also, they will.. have a rage fit... But I'm currently in a blind spot at the moment..

^ This! Some mythological figure that has powers to base it on and a general personality can work best, since even with that your going to have to change their backstory to have them fit either way. If its a historical figure the only way thats going to work is if you say take Ben Franklin and then change his story so its some crazy Celestial spirit that uses electricity and likes doing experiments toying with different ways to use it... basically making it practically nothing like the original person. XD
Ahh..!! *nod nod* Now I understand. Alrighty, let me just do some.. extensive research x'D.

Google, you come with me.

Ahh..!! *nod nod* Now I understand. Alrighty, let me just do some.. extensive research x'D.

Google, you come with me.
Yep, use those mythological figures whether its gods/goddesses (a lot of the constellations are named after the pantheon after all. :P ).

@Gunhildr

Any way you slice it, sounds good to me! We just don't want the canon ones floating about.

Also worry not over possible other celestial mages throwing a fit. If they want a certain concept they can apply it to a new key of their own. Also rps tend to be first come first serve, not that we'll be playing that card too much here. No Slayer spots to limit after all

Though some more E rankers would be nice.....

I mean

Fate did it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back