• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fairy Tail: Guilds of Fiore OOC(Always Accepting!)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
fin fin
Okay so. There's actually several things wrong with your sheet, which I'll list off in a bulletpoint.
  1. Solar Ray is incredibly overpowered. It can just do way too many things at once. Intangibility, teleportation, enhanced speed, high damage while moving. Its just too much. Even with a high magic drain I'd be iffy on accepting this in its current state.
  2. I'm against them more or less being a Dragon Slayer, and frankly I consider it wholly dishonest to toss in their abilities. I.E Element consumption, element immunity, dragon slayer abilities in general. They're a Solar Mage, not a Slayer, at-least that's what your sheet claims at first. I'm not even going to review the misrepresented Slayer portion of the sheet, especially given the bio doesn't even support him being a Slayer in any manner.
  3. The armor itself needs some form of drawback or less power. Decent consumption of mana, weakness to certain things, anything to make it something other than something he just tosses up and uses for little reason.
  4. Him having a stone to negate one of his primary weaknesses is...also not something I'm a fan of. Sure, logically it makes sense for him to of gotten it. But coupled with the rest of the sheet as is...its just too much.

fin fin
Okay so. There's actually several things wrong with your sheet, which I'll list off in a bulletpoint.
  1. Solar Ray is incredibly overpowered. It can just do way too many things at once. Intangibility, teleportation, enhanced speed, high damage while moving. Its just too much. Even with a high magic drain I'd be iffy on accepting this in its current state.
  2. I'm against them more or less being a Dragon Slayer, and frankly I consider it wholly dishonest to toss in their abilities. I.E Element consumption, element immunity, dragon slayer abilities in general. They're a Solar Mage, not a Slayer, at-least that's what your sheet claims at first. I'm not even going to review the misrepresented Slayer portion of the sheet, especially given the bio doesn't even support him being a Slayer in any manner.
  3. The armor itself needs some form of drawback or less power. Decent consumption of mana, weakness to certain things, anything to make it something other than something he just tosses up and uses for little reason.
  4. Him having a stone to negate one of his primary weaknesses is...also not something I'm a fan of. Sure, logically it makes sense for him to of gotten it. But coupled with the rest of the sheet as is...its just too much.
Not gonna lie, I definitely went crazy with it.

Didn't think anyone was looking over them anyways so just sort of Yolo'ed it. I'll make a different character though since it seems there's someone to check over the sheets.

Not gonna lie, I definitely went crazy with it.

Didn't think anyone was looking over them anyways so just sort of Yolo'ed it. I'll make a different character though since it seems there's someone to check over the sheets.
Mhm. I indeed look over the sheets. I've just been too tired after work lately to muster the energy to check this. Though things have slacked off recently so I'm around. Ish.

Darklord95 Darklord95 They are! I've been busy among other things, sick past two weeks too. Life has been hecc ^^.

I'll be posting here today or tomorrow as well. Preferrably today depending on if my brain will brain.

Dragonlord318 Dragonlord318 So. For starters. Your abilities really don't scale to the C-Class rank for the most part. Grab, Phase, Temperature, and Air Wall are all...well, too powerful. Even if I were to allow them they'd most definitely be scaled back to C-Class capabilities in the RP itself. The main pressing issue here is the fact your character has an endless mana supply, I'm aware they have endurance as their governing factor however from my understanding he can use most of his spells pretty much limitlessly.

And I can safely tell you there's no way at all a C-Class mage has enough power to be able to summon something that'd withstand the power of a Jupiter Cannon.

Mitchs98 Mitchs98 I completely understand. The abilities listed are described at full potential. Sorry, should've clarified that. Being a class C, brand new to the guild, fresh out of training he won't be anywhere near the level of a class A. Maybe not even a class B. That's why I listed him as class C. Also, the same way someone tires after running five miles is the same way using the air drains him. The same way a wizard is drained after using magic for an hour straight.

As he grows, he'll build endurance, but as of right now he ain't stopping anything over a simple magic blast.

Mitchs98 Mitchs98

Amended as follows:

Note: David will not have full access to his abilities for some time. They will manifest as his experience grows.

His initial time limit for accessing the air will be similar to someone who can run 4 miles before getting exhausted. About 30-45 minutes is his max in a fight.

Mitchs98 Mitchs98 also, I thought everyone new to a guild was class C until they earned the next rank? That's the main reason I put him as a C. He's got some experience using his power in combat (reference, bodyguarding job), so he's more along the lines of a B.

But I refuse to elevate him to B without the guild master saying so. Just my thing I guess.

Dragonlord318 Dragonlord318 We use ranks as a general way to measure someones' power, guild masters sans for S-Class try-outs really don't promote people ICly (unless any of the current ones do, in which case I don't really mind.)

As far as his powers scaling, given he's C, you really need to edit them to be what he's actually capable of right now. Simply saying he's not fully capable currently won't suffice.

Dragonlord318 Dragonlord318 Apology accepted. And that'd definitely help, though he'd still be too strong in my opinion.

In order to block a Jupiter Cannon for even a few seconds he'd have to be heavily defense orientated in his magic. There is no one not defense/heavily support orientated in the RP that can block it. And even then, they would struggle to block it for longer than a few seconds.

Him flying at any speed is also a concern, as he'd basically be able to fly at the speed of light.

Phase technically makes no sense. Air cannot pass through the vast majority of solid objects, him being able to do it for magic would make sense for most of it.

Temperature and Grab I'm still a bit iffy on, but Grab really isn't much different from telekinesis. My main concern is Temperature.

Breakdown I outright won't allow at all. Few seconds to complete or not, I'm against moves like that and moves similar.

Got it. I'll limit Air Wall defense to "Very strong magic attacks", limit speed to subsonic, eliminate Grab's killing capability, and limit Temperature to objects and not climate.

I will eliminate Phase and Breakdown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back