• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fairy Tail: A Woe of Elves and Dwarves IC

Characters
Here

Craftsdwarf

Fairly There
Elvish Heart

The heart of Corona Town bustled, the Roda Plaza accommodating many ins and outs, its shops and facilities among the most known in the city. But in that heartbeat there was one locale that was quieter on the outside, as fewer had reason to come and go. But on the inside there was plenty of bustle to go around.

The guild hall of Elvish Heart spent its daytimes moving with a couple dozen guild mages about at any time, lazing about of the aged, simple wood tables and chairs. Friends and associates were included, or even the occasional mouth to feed with the in-guild restaurant (which specialized in pasta dishes and fish). Green banners with the guild brand, the face of a long haired, knife eared elf in profile, hung from the walls and the overlook on the second floor, the upper area a bit quieter. Though sound from below still floated its way up, the area near the mission board was perfect for those who preferred at least a little more quiet. At the moment, this included the Guildmistress, founder of Elvish Heart, Aralia Vera. He face was round, eyes a shining blue, golden hair reaching down to the backs of her knees. The red hood of her robe remained low, the rest draped over her shoulders, keeping much of her thin body obscured, at least when she was still. As the guild went about it’s business, she merely watched, a slight (but pleasant) smile on her face at the warm atmosphere.

Dwarf Spirit

The heart of Corona Town bustled, the Roda Plaza accommodating many ins and outs, its shops and facilities among the most known in the city. But nowhere near that was the city’s lesser know guild hall. Downtown, underneath the stonework of the Taraka Bridge, the blocky Dwarf Spirit guild hall went from ground to the underside of the bridge, nestled comfortably, a walkway and staircase stretching from the entrance to the middle of the bridge that linked Corona’s homesteads with the central part of the city. In the space between doorway and underside of the bridge was a bold lettered sign, naming the guild and brandishing the guild emblem: an anvil over a flame.

The hole in the bridge location was actually fairly cozy, between magically heat-able rugs and lighting to avoid the smoke of an open flame, and a well stocked bookshelf. With so few members it was often quiet but the brew station with a fair selection of coffees and teas made taking advantage of that easier done than said. As the lazy day was continuing to roam by, the heavy door in the back of the common area went open. The area beyond was typically off limits to all but one, that very one coming out.

Posture slightly hunched, Korin Togarashi wasn’t the tallest in the first place. His long stache and slightly scruffy beard were both a dark gray, his hair a bit rough, going around his ears, the sideburns white in particular. Light blue scarf around his neck, shirt long sleeved and white, pants baggy and striped with purple and orange, he’d looked like he’d just gotten up and thrown clothes on. Bags under his light green eyes, he looked around, asking, “Who’s here, anyway?”

Last edited:
Getting up from her seat, Hina made her way to the guildmaster and looked him in the eyes, her large purple orbs staring deeply in his green ones. She placed her hands on the waist, cheeks slightly puffed and a tick-mark of irritation on her head. The girl angrily declared, although not too loudly, "I'm here! ME! HINA! YOUR DAUGHTER... You should've said who's here other than your lovely daughter, mou!!"

Hina sighed, walked back to the where table she was sitting with another guild acquaintance, took the tea she was having and walked back to Korin, "Good morning otou-san, here." She handed Korin the tea, "Be more guildmaster-like you old man!" then walked back to her seat. Sitting down, she smiled awkwardly at the young boy sitting across from her, "Sorry, my otou-san is kind of an idiot sometimes. But he doesn't mean any harm. Eto, so Hani-kun, what do you think of the guild so far...? 'I hope nothing bad...' "

Last edited:
Hanging from the roof of the the guild in a hammock made of bubble gum was Felix Lazzo. He didn't hear the master because he had been asleep in the hammock for the past two days. Coincidentally as the master had popped the question the gum inevitably started to dissolve. Less than thirty seconds later Felix came crashing down, slamming his back on a corner of the table. Hard. The crash woke him up and and as he lay on the floor clutching his back in pain he lamented about how he'd forgotten to ask the master to wake him up before the gum dissolved. While cursing the table's lineage for the next four generations he slowly and painfully got up and staggered to the bar, all the while loudly making a scene.

Last edited:
Meanwhile inside of the Elvish heart guild to the right of the last stool by the bar there was an attractive young girl with long luscious black hair, with white crystal eyes that shined like the bright moon. She had a dull stare and a blank expression while she was adding vanilla extract, sugar, caffeine, and lots of sweetners. It looked as if she was trying to make coffee. Everyone stared at her as if she was insane. For the final touches she added whip cream and a small strawberry. She looked behind her, everyone quickly avoided her fierce gaze. She took a small sip and shivered from the sweetness, still having a uninterested face. She then looked at the guild master, the guild master had a slight smile on her face. Finally a sound came from the girls mouth, “What a boring woman.”, she said as she continued to drink her coffee.

"... It's a fun place to be." Hani replied to Hina's question, he had a hard time thinking of anything specific for an answer, so he decided to answer the simplest way he could for the sake of giving an answer.

It had been 9 days since he had become a member of Dwarf Spirit, and in spite of that, he had next to no familiarity with his guildmates besides simple things such as their names.

These 9 days on the guild were spent with Hani mostly staying on a corner, sometimes reading, sometimes looking at his odd guildmates and wondering what their deal was, and not really having any sort of real interaction with them, and the conversation he was having with Hina, as she approached him when he was eating his breakfest was the first time he was having a real conversation with a guildmate.

Corona Town. Finally, after a month-long arduous trip, “Circe” has arrived at her destination. After one week moving from crappy ferry to crappy ferry throughout the archipelago of her homeland, and three weeks of on-foot travel on rustic roads and the poor choice of taking “shortcuts” through dark and dense woods, she almost felt like crying. So the relief of seeing the sign saying the town's name was enough to make her leap into the air clenching her fists with excitement and letting out a scream of exhilaration, loud enough for people all throughout the town to hear. That got puzzled and annoyed looks from people, even more than she had gotten to this point throughout human villages for her gaudy appearance, so she decided to hurry and look for the apartment complex she’d be living in from now on.
After finding a place, and settling the rent agreement with her new landowner, she went to her new workplace: Dwarf Spirit. That name has been in her mind almost 24/7 for the past year, ever since she decided to become a mage. To be blunt, Elvish Heart seemed like a safer and better choice for a guild to join as a complete beginner, they had a good reputation and relative long history to uphold, as well as several famous mages under its banner. But in the corners of the same town, almost hidden from its people’s vision and mind, this Guild had managed to grow rapidly and steadily.
That piqued her curiosity. And just because of that, against all of her better judgement, for the first time in her life, she decided to go with the least safe option. She approached the open main doors as a voice inside asked who was present.

Last edited:
Sam looked up as the Master came into the common area. He hurriedly finished up his pie and approached the Master as he began talking.

“One second Master, mind if I talk about the mission now?”

Korin stopped, blinking at Sam. “Uh...carry on.”

“ Alright, I'll make it brief.I was delayed due to some bandits, though I did end up getting a higher reward due to me saving them from a pretty dangerous situation. When the knights arrived to take custody of the bandits, they took their sweet time questioning me.”

“Knights? That’s…”

“Well, there's other stuff that made me late. I heard a rumour that Dagger might be in a nearby town so I went to check it out. It's not like I left in the middle of the mission or anything.”

Korin gave a couple empty blinks. “Job well done then.”

Last edited:
Further away from the guildmistress, also on the second floor, was Ratnik. He was certainly an oddity there; he wore a cloak inside the guild halls and was completely bandaged up. Away from the crowd, he was sitting on a table which had many different loose papers and books. He was rummaging through the books, and every now and then he would stop and write something. It was observed by few others on the floor that he was reading about advanced healing magic, and papers about the advancement in the field. Many wanted to ask him why he was reading about healing magic (of all things), but given how absorbed he was in that task, they refrained from doing so. Some approached him, however. When asked, Ratnik answered--

"Ah. Well. I was interested in this field of magic because of a job I have. I need to prepare a document for my client detailing the affects of healing magic. It seems like I will finish soon..."
They left Ratnik to his work. He worked on the document for a few more minutes, and then he stopped. He closed the books, and examined the paper briefly for some more time. He then spotted the Guildmistress looking at him. He responded likewise. He kept looking at her.

After many minutes, he finally stopped.

He looked at the paper still clutched in his hands. He calmly tore it apart into many pieces before disposing it off elsewhere.

Rand Silbern had been told on several occasions that he needed a hobby. He usually didn’t ponder the suggestion for longer than a few seconds, but as he sat by himself at a table in the Elvish Heart guild hall he wondered if he really should find something else to do with his free time. He was doing what he usually did when he wasn’t maintaining his sword: sitting in the guildhall quietly and watching the others go about their business until someone chose to make conversation or he was asked for help with a job. It had been a slow week, and neither of those things had happened in two days, which was how he found himself pondering whether he should find a different use of this time. He wasn’t sure what else he would really do, as his life had consisted almost entirely of doing jobs and nothing else for years now. Well, there was no use thinking about it any longer if that train of thought had nowhere to go. He went back to watching the others. Nero was making what appeared to be something resembling coffee. Ratnik was tearing up a book for some reason. Not much else that was very noticeable. He elected to get something to eat. It would kill time if nothing else. With any luck, the guildmistress would give him something to do, as she had done on occasion in the past. He slowly got up and went to get food, still unsure of what he was going to do with the rest of his day. It suddenly occurred to him that he had no idea what he was in the mood to eat. I’ll just get whatever I hear someone else ordering. There, that should save him the trouble of thinking too hard about it.

Lazing about after many drinks, a young man rests his head on the table sick of all the noise. “What a pain in the ass, why can’t they all shut up?” he grunts in his is drunken state. He gets up and walks to the waitress, “Hey, one more please and thanks”.

“Thats 10 drinks you’ve had, can’t you actually go and do work for once?” she replies with concern.

“Are you really in any place to tell me to do work when you’re over here serving me a drink? I don’t think so.”

“Tch!” Smacking him straight in the face, he falls off his chair knocked down. She clenches her fist tightly “You wanna repeat that?” she says with a terrifying smile.

“No, please forgive me granny. I get why you’re mad, it was that guy from last night right? I saw you two walking into your house. Let me guess, he wasn’t good enough right? I get it. But don’t worry, you look like you’re in your mid 40s even tho you’re in your 60s. It's alright. Nobody will know your re-”

She cuts him off and intensely punches and kicks him“

HAS ANYONE EVER TOLD YOU NOT TO TALK ABOUT A WOMAN’S AGE?!?!”

“All right I’m sorry granny, but it's not my fault you lie about your age to cure your loneliness!”

“OH SHUT UP” The waitress continues to beat him out of anger from his blunt, albeit drunk words.

Last edited:
After running out of the woods that Eli was supposed to spend the entire night in she decides to try to get into elvish heart.

"The most popular guild should pay good money. I know if I don't get into a top guild in this kinda town I won't make enough to pay our debts. Besides if I’m in a guild working I won’t have to be forced to train so much…and if they find out I ditched…I shouldn’t be punished too badly if I tell them I got into one of the premiere guilds…”

As Eli walked toward the guild she saw the notorious gang snake claw. They were in an alley. Snake claw in the past had tried to become an official guild but they failed to get enough work because of the two titans Dwarf Spirit and Elvish Heart. Nowadays they’re a notorious gang in town. Nobody is sure how they’ve been able to last as a gang in town when we have both Dwarf Spirit and Elvish Heart constantly stomping them. There’s rumors of them running an unofficial guild that takes up…darker requests. Some think they work for a guild outside of town. There’s even ridiculous rumors of them working for one of two guilds. It came into question that there’s no way they could last without the aid of one.

Eli heard muffled screams in the alley. Nobody was around that seemed to notice. Eli looked around and wanted someone to step in and do something. It seemed as though no one else was going to…Eli shakily walked into the alley. She saw that it was a kid and tried to put on a brave face. “L-let hi-LET him go…” One man immediately pointed a knife toward Eli. There was three against one. In order to have any chance Eli figured she’d need to strike first. She suddenly punched the man in the face and made him drop him knife. She reached out to catch it but one of the other men kicked her in the ribs. Then grabbed eli and held her up. “You know if she wasn’t so filthy she’d be kinda cute. Can we take her too?” Another of the men replied “Boss would be upset if we didn’t focus on taking just the kid.” The man who had been punched thrusted his knife at Eli’s stomach. Eli had wanted to avoid using her powers because she didn’t feel controlling them would be so easy while fatigued. She focused on her energy toward her stomach. The knife ricocheted and Eli then shifted the energy toward her back and slammed the man holding her into the wall. As those two were on the ground, the third man ran with the kid. Eli chased the man but she was worn out. Tears started streaming down Eli’s face because she was going to fail again.

All throughout her life was nothing but failure. Failure to meet her parents expectations. Failure to get into many guilds in the past. Failure to save her parents from being harassed by gangs. Despite the power she had. She did nothing with it. This was her chance to save someone when there’s no one to help. Her own weakness angered her. It was frustrating. Why couldn’t someone better have this power? Is what she thought. No on in her family had any special abilities. She did but could do nothing with it. Finally giving into anger. Not at the unreasonable expectations but at herself for not living up to them. Even if on some level she realizes they are unreasonable. To be the only one with power is a clear sign she’s meant to do something.

Eli’s anger pushes her body to move faster. She grabs onto his arm instantaneously snaps. The man lets out a shriek and the other two flee in fear. The scream makes Eli realize what she did. She was happy to have saved the kid but guilty that it seemed those people were just regular people without any sort of chance against her. The pain began to set in. Her hand felt like some bones were fractured and her body ached. Putting on a tough face for the kid she asked if he knew why they were after him. "Well they wanted to keep me as a hostage because my mom runs the biggest gear supply in town. I think they may have wanted to make her give them gear." Eli was surprised that he was so young but could give such a clear answer.

Eli drops him off and as she was leaving. “Hey wait.”

The boys mother came holding clothes and shoes. She held them out.

“Someone as pretty as you shouldn’t be in raggy clothing and barefoot to top it off”

Eli tried to decline but she forced her to take the gift. Eli was happy to receive the compliment as well even if she believed it to be a lie.

Eli decided to wait until morning to apply. She stayed in town for the night but made sure to go into the woods on the outskirts of town to pretend she stayed the whole night. As she figured her father came to see if she did stay the night. He told her she better be ready to apply for a guild. Eli hadn’t figured out till later exactly why they wanted her to stay in these woods. Apparently someone had been kidnapping people and turning them into beasts. Many disappearances and strange wildlife. Eli hadn’t seen any of this because she didn’t spend the entire night. She was attacked by bears and some other typical woodland creatures but nothing unordinary.

Eli walked into the guild and filled out an application. Then requested to show off her abilities and she complied though she couldn’t focus because the pain she still felt so she could hardly show off any of its capabilities. She was then asked to do some physical tests…All of which she failed. Eli walked out of the guild sad to tell her parents yet again she wasn’t accepted. As she walked out a hand was placed onto her shoulder.

“It’s you!”

It’s me?” I replied

“Last night you fought those members of snake claw in that alley correct?”

“How do you know about that?”

“I saw the whole thing. I was too afraid to step in myself...”

“…”

“Well anyway I work for elvish heart as head of intelligence and I asked that they reconsider. I told them what happened and they figured you probably weren't at your best because of yesterday.” He said with a smile on his face.

Eli waited in the guild and eventually she was told that they’d accept her but she must prove herself that she can handle being in the guild. A huge grin appeared on Eli’s face. She couldn’t remember the last time she had felt such happiness.

Last edited:
Dwarf Spirit

Clearing his throat after the various interruptions, Korin opened his mouth to speak but the dryness choked him up a bit. Luckily he had tea to help wash it down, lifting his cup casually, swirling it a bit, gauging the steam to check the temperature, before taking a deep sip, slurping noise audible throughout the whole room. Letting the drink sit in his mouth for a few moments, which which to absorb the flavor, he finally swallowed, taking his sweet time.

“Ahh, thank you Hina.” Eyes looking around, he muttered, “Four plus...” He hadn’t noticed at first, but there was a bit of light from outside, a rather tall figure standing just over in the doorway. It was less than familiar, and less than human too. Taking a few steps over, Korin raised a hand, beckoning, “Can I help ya?”

'He thanked me....~' She blushed and turned her attention back to Hani to hear his answer.

Hearing Hani say the guild was fun made Hina happy, very happy in fact. Smiling widely she quickly held his hands in hers, comical tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Yatta! I was worried you would... be weirded out by us weirdos...."

With a deadpan look on her face, she turned to look at the journalist-wizard Sam who'd eat a lot and the gum weirdo Felix who just woke up and fell down from the ceiling. She looked up at his mess of a gum which would dissolve soon like usual and sighed.

"Hani-kun..." She held his pinky with hers, "Ne ne, promise me you'll grow into more of a proper man than these two. Yakusoku me! Please!"

It took several seconds for Circe to realize the elderly man was talking to her. Once she realized it, took a step forward, and held her hand for a handshake.

"Ah, yes, please. I'm C63EO76Q93, but you can call me Circe. I'm looking to join this guild." She stated, confidently.

Giving a quick glance over the inner space of the building, she was pleasantly surprised. As dark and gloomy as the guild looked from outside, being under a bridge and all, it had a very comfortable atmosphere. And although only 4 members seemed to be present, one of them was lively enough for 10 people.

She was very optimistic about this choice.

Last edited:
Felix got to the bar and leaned far over the counter to swipe a bottle underneath. He got up and tried to pull off the cork. After struggling for a bit to no avail he began to use his teeth. When that didn’t work he became frustrated and started stabbing at it with a nearby butterknife. But even the butterknife didn’t work and he was forced to give up. Throwing the bottle into a suspiciously large pile of glass for its insolence, he walked over to Sam and plopped down in the seat next to him.

“G’morin’ Sammy.” he yawned. “What’s new? Been drifting in and out of consciousness for like two weeks. I see we got some-“ he was inturupted by a second yawn that was even bigger than the first. Sam responded with an equally big yawn. “Ahem. Excuse me. Darn things are contagious. Anyway I see we got some new faces. What’s up with that?”

Last edited:
“If you'd been paying attention, you'd know that I've been away for a while, so I have no idea either.” Sam replied. He glanced at the two newcomers.
“The weird girl seems to be a Machias. I've only seen a few of them in my life. The kid seems nice, we'd better introduce ourselves to him soon before Hani smears our reputation even more.”
He glanced over at the the pile of glass near the bar and sighed.“But first, I’d better teach you to open a bottle, before you go destroy all of them”.

Hani took a quick glance at Felix, who was now shoving a butterknife at the cork of a bottle, and trying to assure Hina, replied "Ehh... i promise" with an awkward smile on his face.
He bit into a small cracker and took a quick glance at the gate of the guild hall, as he heard it opening a few seconds beforehand and noticed that guildmaster Korin was talking to someone there, he choked on his own food for a second when he saw not a person, but a (Living?) being made of metal standing there.

Elvish Heart

Still overlooking the hall, Aralia closed her eyes, a shade splitting off from her body. It matched her appearance, but was ethereal and translucent. Only those newer reacted as it floated down to the guild desk, starting a conversation with the one manning it. They talked for a bit, the deskman jabbing his finger around, pointing at a few gathered with a smile. Content, Aralia’s shade nodded, before fading away.

Back on the second floor, Aralia put the tip of her finger to her throat for just a moment, before speaking. Her voice clearly sounded throughout the hall, easily surpassing the noise, coming across as though Aralia was right next to each of the listeners, speaking straight to them rather than booming.
The hall quieted down immediately.

“Your attention please. Would Rand Silbern, Nero Hellbore, Yukine Yukimura, and Elinora kindly join me on the second floor? That is, only if you have the heart for some rather urgent work.”

The hall collectively exhaled at the horrendous pun, before building back up to the normal ruckus, though some gears had shifted to curiosity about the request, more savvy members picking up on the less than familiar name ‘Elinora’.

Up on the second floor, as she waited for the others, Aralia walked over to the table Ratnik worked at, taking some of the books, briefly glancing over them before working to clear space for the upcoming arrivals.

With a soft smile, she lingered on one of the books, before saying, “It’s a bit soon, but I trust you have it in you to keep them under your eye?”

Dwarf Spirit

Ignoring the peanut gallery, Korin smiled. “We’re always looking for new members! And if you’re up for it, I’ve got work right away,” he explained. Looking back to the door, he muttered, “Eh, paperwork can wait. It’ll be ready for you when you get back.”

Stepping back so he could see the whole group, he raised an arm. “Anyway I’ve got a job that needs doing and Miss Circe came at the perfect time: I need five of you for a job, and now there’s five of you. Who’s up for it?”

"Whoo! An excuse not to learn something AND meet the newbies! I'm in. Lets get food on the way though... I haven't eaten in two days."

Accidentally knocking over Sam's food as he got up, Felix made his way over to the hulking machine and shook her hand vigorously.

"The names Felix Lazzo, but you can call me Boss. Come on, let's meet the gang."

Felix dragged his new metal friend over to the table where Hani and Hina were sitting.

"Ok so this is Hina. She's the chief's daughter and a real daddy's girl. Then there's this small young child. Pretty sure he's new too because I don't think I've seen him before today. But that coould just be because I've been asleep for most of the past two weeks. And over there, there's my good buddy, Mr. Ace reporter Sam Brandybuck. He's a good guy, but a bit stiff. And finally there's me, Felix Lazzo. Resident golden child and Corona's most eligible bachelor. Welcome to the club!"

Last edited:
Walking back to his table, Yukine hears his name being called.

“Your attention please. Would Rand Silbern, Nero Hellbore, Yukine Yukimura, and Elinora kindly join me on the second floor? That is, only if you have the heart for some rather urgent work.”

"Ugh, what does she want with me? Wait, I did borrow money from her since I used that fake pity story on the spot. No way...did she figure out it was fake? No, no, she couldn't have right....right? Oh no...."

As he frantically walks over to the second floor, Yukine looks back as to why the master called him and the others up.

"If she really did figure it out my reason for borrowing money was fake she'll kill me. Even worse is if she learned what I spent that money on. Ok, calm down, its not like I spent the money on anything illegal, it was just booze. Wait, that's even worse! I'm screwed..."

He sheds many tears as he accepts his soon to be death death.

"Goodbye alcohol, goodbye cake, goodbye....Sorcerer Magazine centerfolds..."

Last edited:
As Aralia was letting out her “ghost” and talking to the one in charge of the guild desk, Nero observed her as best as she could, slowly sipping her coffee. This hasn’t been Nero’s first time seeing Aralia’s “ghost” but she was suspicious this time around. When Aralia spoke Nero’s name, for one second or less, Nero has a shocked look on her face. Quickly reverting back into her poker face after realizing her reaction, paying no attention to the awful pun made by Aralia.

“Urgent work with those imbeciles and a new mage?”
Nero let out a “tch” noise. After thinking for a few seconds about the pros and cons she decided to go.

“Whatever, it should be somewhat entertaining.” She mumbled with an annoyed tone.

She quickly refilled her coffee, while grabbing six handful of sweeteners and stuffing them into her pocket.

As she went up the stairs to the second floor, she saw Aralia saying something to Ratnik, the “mummy”. She didn’t get to eavesdrop on what Aralia had said, she honestly didn’t care, but she kept it in mind.

Circe approached the young woman and child, hand already stretched for a greeting. "Hello, it's a pleasure to meet you. I hope we can get along."

‘That Felix… calling me a daddy’s girl, I mean I am but still…’ Hina blushed to the remark Felix made but extended her hand for the meeting anyway and shook the metallic hand of her new comrade as she looked up to see Circe’s face way up above her. “Eto, konichiwa. I’m Hina Togarashi, as Felix-san already said, I’m the guildmaster’s daughter but that’s not my only identity, I’m my own person. Yoroshiku!” She took her hand back and moved to the side and looked at Hani, gently putting her hand on his shoulder Hina whispered to him “Ganbatte Hani-kun, be a man. You promised me~”

“Um… *gulps*... my name is Hani…, nice to meet you…” While extending his trembling hand, all that ran through Hani’s head was how the titanic figure standing in front of him could probably crush his skull with two fingers, perhaps even one.

After shaking Hani’s hand as gently as possible, Circe decided to ask the specifics of her first job. She walked towards the elderly Master.

Throwing a regretful glance at the fallen pies, Sam headed over to the group “Hello Hani, ignore whatever stuff Hina was saying to you, she can be a bit weird. Welcome to the guild. If you ever have any problems or you want any advice, come to me.”

“Thanks…” said a Hani who was still very much nervous about Circe’s appearance. He went out of his way to avoid addressing Sam’s remark on Hina as to not say anything that might spark some type of argument due to Hina’s hyper-emotional personality.

Sam turned to Circe next “Welcome to the guild. I hope you enjoy your stay here.” He walked along with her towards the master.

Circe nodded and thanked him.

‘What does he mean I can be weird? When am I ever weird?!’ She looked at Felix “The only weirdo in the guild is that bubblegum freak friend of yours, Sam. Hmph!” Hina turned to Hani “Iko, otou-san is calling us. It’s your first mission deshou? Onee-san will do her best to protect you.” With that said, she and Hani walked over to the guildmaster.

As everyone left Felix bent down into the fetal position and started fake crying.

"I'm not a freak Hina. That's a very mean thing to say. And it breaks my sweet little heart that you don't consider me a friend!"

After saying that Felix shot up from the floor and ran to catch up with Hani.

"And besides you shouldn't spread lies when there are impressionable children around. If he thinks I'm a freak then it'll be harder to bond with him. And if he only has you as a mentor I shudder to think how he'll end up."

Last edited:
I don’t recognize that name. “Elinora”. This was the main thing running through Rand’s mind after hearing the Aralia’s announcement. Well, other than the overwhelming sense of relief that he had finally been given something to do. He pondered on the name as he walked to the stairs. Perhaps it was someone new. He didn’t know what task he would possibly be given that would involve a new member. He was usually given jobs that novices wouldn’t be sent on. Then again a mission for a novice probably wouldn’t need this many mages either. Perhaps they weren’t a novice. Or perhaps they were, and they were being sent with them on a difficult job as some kind of test. Was that normal? He wasn’t sure.

He then came to the conclusion that it wasn’t his place to question it and he should just be grateful he had something to do. Any questions he had would undoubtedly be answered shortly. No point trying to figure it out. Finishing this train of thought, arrived at the top of the stairs, and went to where the guildmistress was waiting.

Ratnik had closed his eyes momentarily and sat completely still. Gradually, his shoulders began to relax, and his head drooped forward. Every few seconds, he was mumbling some gibberish.

However, no one in the guild was paying attention to this at all. While some were busy working, most of the guild members were focused on the guildmistress' actions. After her brief announcement, the ones on the second floor suddenly turned their attention towards Ratnik, and many exchanged nervous glances towards one another.

Much to their surprise, the guildmistress had come there to talk to Ratnik.

"It's a bit soon, but I trust you have it in you to keep them under your eye?"

"..."

Ratnik had not responded back and still sat with his eyes closed. Atleast that is how it looked to the others;

"...heart..."

Even as he murmured those words, tears began welling up in his eyes.

"I wonder..."

His eyes were wide awake now, and no sign of tears remained. He stared at her for a few seconds.

"Silbern, Hellbore, Yukimura, Elinora.." he kept repeating these words for some time.

Then he took a deep breath, and responded to the still present smile -
"Very well, then..."

As Eli was eating the free meal the guild provided. She saw a strange man sitting the table over. She'd later recognize him as Ratnik. He creeped her out, she didn't know why. She decided to ignore those mean thoughts of a fellow guildmate. A gentle nudge told her she was called to the second floor. Eli was so absorbed in eating the meal she hadn't noticed. She hadn't remembered the last time she'd tasted warm food...or even...fresh food. Eli thanked the man for telling her and she made her way upstairs. She was a little anxious of what this mission would be. She had hoped to do some lower ranked missions to get used to the swing of things...Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back