• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Fairweather Communications - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Mikotsuhime

Nonbinary Forest Hermit
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I figured an OOC chat would make determining things easier. :)

Imma just pop in with a question. Lets say two inhumans of different species got together and had a kid. Would that kid have the looks of both species or would the kid strictly look like one of the species?

This is actually answered in the text of the rp itself if you read back but.

Genetics are weird.
The chances of conceiving a child between two different nonhuman species vary wildly depending on what species they are. For example, a kit sine and a kumiho like Lev’s parents can have a kid. Most humanoid nonhuman species like vampires and the like can have kids with humans, but when you’re cross breeding wildly different species you tend to end up with problems down the road.

A child between two different species likely has a mix of both parental traits. Some may be more obvious than others, as some traits are more dominant than others.

I haven’t gotten into cross breeds in major detail yet in the rp itself, but when you have very different creatures getting together the chance of children both dramatically decreases and the chance of birth defects dramatically increases. It’s EXTREMELY rare for, say, a werewolf and a mermaid to successfully have a child. Any child they had would probably have a very poor chance of surviving to adulthood.

Normandy and Percival are VERY RARE examples of cross breeds whose health problems are relatively minor, and who live relatively normal lives.

Basically just use common sense I guess. If it doesn’t seem like they would be genetically compatible, cross breeds should be gone at with a grain of salt.

So, do you think a satyr and kitsune getting together and having a kid with frequent heath problems would be too far fetched?

Only two of those were actually around in 2005.

Basic research is all I’m asking for. I’ll give you one more chance, but if you keep to break the timeline I’m gonna have to ask you to leave the rp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back