• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Fairweather Communications - a low key urban fantasy rp

So, I got a question. With shapeshifter and animal type inhumans would they have ears and tail when they look more human? And would they be able to shift into animals whenever they wanted?

Therianthropes and shapeshifters usually have two or three forms depending on what they are. My character Lev is a kumiho, so he has an almost completely human form, a half-human form with fox ears and a tail, and a full fox form. Most non-humans can assume these forms at will.

They can shift into animals whenever they want, although it does draw attention.

I feel like it's important to note - the rp is not taking place in present day. It takes place in 2005. Certain technologies and the like would not be available. This rp is focusing on the social media boom in the early 2000s a-la facebook and myspace.

Oh my god this is so interesting. Mind if I join in? I think I already have some ideas for characters but I just wanted to double check, are we allowed to play as one of Fairwhether’s wives or are we only allowed to play as the children and employees?

You could be one of his wives! He is currently married to Lydia (Percival and Normandy’s mother) but he does have several ex-wives.

AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf The kind of in-house clinic large companies often have serves the dependents of their employees as well, so Zorion can just set up an appointment the next day for his kiddo. He doesn't need his boss's permission :)

ooh interesting we got both kumiho's, and Kitsune's here now we just need a Huli jing to complete the set. hehe. I'm curious now for the purposes of this rp are they all the same race just with different names or different races that happen to have a lot in common?

also if anyone is trying to figure out how to start off their char they can drop in on the rp with me and sky as my char did try to get the word out about where and when she's hanging out right now.

They aren’t really the same thing. They’re closely related, but distinct from one another. Lev mentioned how his dad hates when people assume they’re the same thing because it’s like assuming a crocodile skink and a blue tongued skink are the same animal because they’re both skinks.

The idea is that while many cultures have similar creatures, each one usually has one or two distinct features that are unique to their homeland.

You could be one of his wives! He is currently married to Lydia (Percival and Normandy’s mother) but he does have several ex-wives.
Thanks! I probably won’t be making an ex wife at the current moment, as I was just curious. I do have a couple of ideas for characters and I’ll make a form for the most concrete one I have in a moment. By any chance could someone fill me in on what’s happening in the thread at the current moment?

It's like one in the morning right now and Skye and Akari are at a café that Akari invited all her coworkers to go to. Percival is dealing with his family and going home. Lev, Wade, Thea and Azrael are at Azrael's house I believe. And Zorion is at home dealing with his sick kiddo. I think I got everyone.

Well I think we’re going to shift focus soon.

Also I should have mentioned this sooner but I’m 29 and I prefer to rp with other adults, if possible. I have nothing against younger people rping (you should have fun too!) but I have a very hard time enjoying the rp when people don’t put effort in.

That being said I’m not trying to scare anyone off or anything. Just asking folks to use common sense and stick to timelines.

Right now it’s Friday night, so the next day would be Saturday. Most departments have Saturdays off, with some exceptions (customer service for example would have weekend shifts.)

Some of my characters will be going to the office anyways so it’s up to you whether you want your character to be working, or to slide in another way.

I'm interested in joining up, but I have a question about a character I'm going to make. Can I make a human who is immortal, but they literally have nothing outstanding besides that. Like it's just a regular average human who can do anything a normal human can do, better yet an average person who just has a normal life, working a job and getting by. It's just they can't die.

I'm just going to make a character sheet since I'm assuming it's pretty open. Let me know if it's alright later.

Hi, I’m not sure how easily a new character could fit in right now? This rp has been going for a year or two now and our characters are in a private residence atm. Sorry!

Hi, I’m not sure how easily a new character could fit in right now? This rp has been going for a year or two now and our characters are in a private residence atm. Sorry!
Ah, that's alright. I could in the mean time just do solo posts of my character's recent antics from living around the area until others are available. She is supposed to be doing part time jobs until Fairweather considers her application after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back