• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Fairly detailed Dragon Ball Super RP?

RingSlinger

Hi, interested in some players (and perhaps a Co-GM?) for a Dragon Ball Super Rp.

Some logistics: you don't have to write a novel every time, but a two to three paragraph minimum is what I'm looking for, along with a decent handle on grammar. Although this is set in the multiverse world of Dragon Ball Super, this story (the first major portion of it at least) will happen on the Earth of Universe 6 and will ultimately try to be a little more stylistically like the original Dragon Ball series.

Here's the loose idea/setting:

In Universe 6 on Sadala, a young teenage Saiyan has heard echoes of the great Saiyan warriors of Universe 7. He's heard of the various stages of Super Saiyan and the many incredible fighters that Universe 7 contains. Unfortunately for this young Saiyan, he doesn't have any societal standing, he doesn't have any sort of noble lineage, nor does he have a personal friendship with Champa. He has, however, heard that in Universe 7 there's a planet called Earth that has 7 magical relics that can summon a wish-granting Dragon. The earth of his universe, he decides, must also have an Earth with similar relics.

The RP would start as this young Saiyan commandeers a decommissioned ship and sets off into the Universe to find Earth, collect its dragon balls and summon a Dragon that he believes can send him to Universe 7.

I'm open to the RP starting on Sadala, but I think it'd probably be more fun to start on Universe 6's Earth as this young Saiyan crash-lands and begins his adventure.

I chose the character and story I did because I don't wanna get too far into huge power levels or universe destroying power. I want to play a young Saiyan who can fight but who can't go SS just yet, although I'm open to the transformation happening later on in the story. That being said if you really wanna bring in a character who is super powered or somehow from the multiverse, ask and we'll talk about it.

Characters I sorta had in mind: Other Saiyans accompanying this character on his mission to ultimately get to Universe 7. Any manner of earthlings! Martial artists and travelers and adventurers of any sort. Aliens! There could definitely be Namekians or anything else on this Earth.

I'm very open though. If you're curious if I think a character would fit feel free to ask!

At least for the first major leg of this story, I kinda like the classic Dragon Ball story of just trying to get the balls together to make a wish, and I think there's a lot of fun potential for storytelling there.
UPDATE:
IC: Wish Upon: A Dragon Ball Super RP [Open]
Chars: Fandom - Wish Upon: A Dragon Ball Super RP [Characters] [Open]
OOC: Fandom - Wish Upon : A Dragon Ball Super RP [OOC] [Open]

Last edited:
Ahahaha I literally meant a OP human who could match a saiyon through and through, but in no form of dbz except the games is that remotely possible XD

Oooooh. Haha, I mean I kinda wanna avoid super OP characters, but a very powerful human would sorta fill a Tien role? Idk, one of the things I loved about Super is that they kinda made "Power Levels" meaningless, where Tien, Roshi, Krillin, 17 and 18 were DOPE again.

Oooooh. Haha, I mean I kinda wanna avoid super OP characters, but a very powerful human would sorta fill a Tien role? Idk, one of the things I loved about Super is that they kinda made "Power Levels" meaningless, where Tien, Roshi, Krillin, 17 and 18 were DOPE again.
We saw super in different lights then ahahah
To me, the only time humans had a chance was in dragon ball. And that was because goku was a kid mostly.
The tournament of power treated them like filler, krillen winning by shoe stink, roshi had a bit more spotlight as a “mentor” and to make that mafuba callback,
Pretty sure they made Tien self sacrifice like a bitch when it’s clean he could have done anything else aha

Haha. Krillin getting dropped first made sense given how much he had trained, but idk, I thought the humans looked stronger in Super than they had in a LONG time.

i Think your rp has no place for humans aha just Saiyons and maybe some other alien race, as far was dragon ball Z logic goes the strongest is krillin, and he underwhelming at best compared to anything off of earth.
Which sucks as I find krillin to be one of the best characters, and team four star made tien such a boss ahahha

Can I have a character that is capable of transformation. Human appearance then into true form: anthropomorphic dragon roughly 7ft tall? Wouldn't be OP but would still be a powerhouse. RingSlinger RingSlinger

Oh it’s worth noting that this Earth is in Universe 6, so there aren’t our Z fighters here. There could be analogues to Earth 7 people though. I’m open to that.

RingSlinger RingSlinger

Interested, quick question though.

What about Majins? Arcosians? Androids?
Are they allowed?

Androids and Majins for sure, with the understanding that we’re trying to steer clear of the super overpowered characters at least for the beginning. Arcosians are fine too although their relationship with saiyans would be radically different in Universe 6.

Last edited:
Wait Webs Elk Webs Elk who did you mean by Arcosians? Frieza's race? Or the people who made all the Saiyan Armor in U7 who then got wiped out by the Saiyans? Frieza's race is for sure allowed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back