• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Faerie Core - In Character Thread

Characters
Here
1669937759776.png
Karam dipped a few fingers in his pot to get a better taste of his honey. His eyes nearly bulged out at the potent sweetness!
"YOOWZA! This is great!"

With greed equaling his ursine host he dug into his pot! Savoring the taste of every drop! When he finished his meal he walked around the little house. He caught sight of the picture with Fatutia on his nightstand. And while looking at a few books saw a few pictures of a girl that looked like Hoshino. 'Who's this?' Karam thought as he studied them. 'Does Hoshino have a twin?'

Turning to his host he asked.
"Hey, Mr. Pooh? When did you take this picture of Fatuita."

1666044200324.png

Ehb Ehb EbonChevalier EbonChevalier Emiya Shin Emiya Shin LowD LowD Karyra Karyra

This bear lived in a normal house. Which was even more suspicious. Well, she had no actual knowledge on the sleeping habits of bears but she was pretty sure they didn't live in mud huts built into a tree. The place had furniture, did he build it himself? But how? It would have been highly inconvenient, the bear didn't even have opposable thumbs. It didn't make sense! Plus, why did a bear need a table? If it was just going to paw honey out of numerous jars by the look of it.

And no, she did not try out the honey when offered. Like someone with common sense she did not just instantly begin to consume a sugary snack that a stranger had offered to her. Even if when thinking about most of the donations they were given were from strangers, some of the food that were given were baked goods. And some of those baked goods probably had honey as an ingredient. So in a truly technic-

The main thing is that by the time she had ran through that train of thought Karam was already fisting the honey into his mouth.

"Dude..." She rolled her eyes at him before turning away to browse the edges of the room. While Ruka may want to follow the line of questioning on the bear's like of honey (The answer was that everyone likes honey, duh.) Cyra was of a sharper mind and not so easily placated. She squinted as she followed the walls of the room, it kinda made things harder to see but this was the face people when searching around things in stories so here she was.

The girl came across a table that had a stack of colourful stars. She recognized them quickly of the same kind that her sister wore. They had always been a little too shiny for Cyra's liking, despite Hoshino constant attempts to stick some on her. They would have fallen off when she was scraping up some tree or another, yet her sister kept trying. Scooping up some with her hands, she sighed to herself. "Where are you..." Cyra mumbled to herself quietly. Glancing around her for a second, she crouched over and managed to stick one onto her chest. The rest that laid in her hand she pocketed. She considered it her generous portion.

Cyra turned around on her heel as Karam asked about his findings. She stumbled over to get a better angle of the pictures herself.

!?!?

"H-hey!" She pointed at the picture of Hoshino. "That's the person we're talking about!"

She went to spout more dispersions at the bear but realised that they hadn't perfectly described Hoshino. Still, if they had a picture of her then surely they should have known her name? Unless the idea of a twin that Karam had floated was true. It definitely wasn't.

"Yeah, who do you call this girl?" She waggled her finger for emphasis. Making sure to keep a good investigative squint going.

Last edited:
EbonChevalier EbonChevalier Rithas Rithas Karyra Karyra LowD LowD Emiya Shin Emiya Shin

"Why yes, Ruka. Hunny is simply... oh how should I say?" Pooh said, seeming to struggle to find the appropriate words to describe his enormous love with the delectable thing that is hunny. "The one thing that heals the woes of both heart and stomach with full effectiveness. Why, yes it is!" Pooh chuckled.

At this point Ruka and Karam were sharing this oddly indulgent meal with the bear. They hunny too, made for some good company as well!

Pooh didn't seem to mind the children looking about his home, inspecting the oddities that his guests were looking over as they seemed to be looking for clues. But, while some of the children were allowing themselves to partake in this welcome meal after all the hardships they'd endured in trying to find Hoshino thus far, there were others who were not quite as much in the mood to be... how should one put it?

Allowing themselves to get off track, from the original task at hand.

Eventually Karam came upon the peculiar drawings that had the familiar visages of Fatuita and Hoshino interacting with Pooh and the other residents of the woods. They were naturally drawn to inquire about them.

'Who's this?'
"H-hey! That's the person we're talking about!"
'Does Hoshino have a twin?'
"Yeah, who do you call this girl?"

Walking over to the two, Pooh looked closeley at the pictures that the two were holding.

"Hmmm." Pooh said. "So the girl whom is not Fatuita here is the one you are all looking for?"

Pooh looked between Karam and Cyra, who seemed eager for his answer. Thinking of his words carefully, he was eventually able to oblige that anticipation.

"Well, maybe Hoshino was her name. But maybe not. You see, we never got to really find out what her name was when we met her."

The children took a moment to process what Pooh had just said. So Pooh did remember this other girl, but didn't know their name? What did they all call her?

"You see, Fatuita one day brought that girl here. She introduced herself as 'The Princess'. It was a bit of an interesting name, but we all had a grand time playing with each other out in the woods." Pooh's beady little eyes seemed to express a certain level of joy as he reminisced about those memories in his heart. But his eyes then wandered over to Cyra. Specifically noticing the star bauble she now seemed to have. "Oh, and The Princess really, really liked those stars. I felt a little guilty that she'd leave so many of them with us, but she said to give those to any new friends I made. So feel free to take one. I'm sure she'd be happy to see other people wearing them, if she could."

There was a tinge of sadness towards the end of Pooh's short description. The children again, noted the odd somberness of the picture of all the animals watching over the sleeping girl. What happened to her?

"...But anyway. The girl you're looking for can't be The Princess though. Your sister Hoshino is someone who you've been looking for since just now, right? In that case, the girl in those picture can't be the person you're trying to find, I think. Thos things all happened a long time ago."

There was no malice in what Pooh said.
In fact, there was a tinge of hope in what he had said. As in, it was a good thing. Since the children were looking for their sister (and not 'The Princess') then there was hope that they'd be reunited. For the children's sake, maybe, Pooh is convinced the girl in the picture and Hoshino were two different people. But, there were various things that may have casted doubt on the bear's conclusion.

Maybe it was worth bringing it up? The other clues that were in Pooh's house that seemed to point to Hoshino being - or having been there. Or was this all just some odd coincidence?

AkaneBanner.jpg

Ehb Ehb

Akane mostly just let things happen around her. Cyra and the others had this, and Karam was busy with the honey. She poked around a little, ultimately landing on the grey tail on the chair she'd been sitting on. It seemed soft and well worn, but she could also see patches where whoever owned it had left it somewhere outside a lot. Her old teddy had the same sort of feeling before.... before she lost it.

Listening again to Pooh's tale, Akane thought about it.

"But we've met Fatuita recently, too."
Maybe... nah. Well, she didn't look that much younger in the drawing, but children's drawings were not reliable for carbon dating how old a person was who was within the picture.

Another world with a different flow of time would make some amount of sense. Days back home could be years here. That was pretty fantastical, though.

Wait that tail in the picture...

"Oh! Can we also talk to the owner of this tail? Maybe they know more about Fatuita and Hoshino."
Akane said. "For now, I think we need to follow their trail through this place. Plus, if we do something like they did, maybe we can get home too?"

1666044200324.png

Ehb Ehb EbonChevalier EbonChevalier Emiya Shin Emiya Shin LowD LowD Karyra Karyra

What was all this about Hoshino being a princess. Or not-hoshino she guessed according to the bear. She heard his words and was almost sure that he was telling his version of the truth but still still something didn't quite add up.

"Not that I don't believe you Mr.Bear. It's just that if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and likes stars like a duck. Then it's probably a duck. Just, er, substitute the duck in that saying for Hoshino."

She wiped some dust off the nearby table with her finger, another thought coming to her. "And really, how long ago is 'long ago'? I just saw night become day in a blink, so my concept of time might need a little frame of context."

Akane held up a tail. As she talked about it, Cyra looked between it and the picture with increasing confusion. "Wait, do they wear this as an attachment or has their actual tail just fallen off and now they've decided to keep it as some sort of sick trophy to themselves?" She hoped it was the former. It being the latter might make her get sick in her mouth a little bit. She wasn't sure that this trail of the tail would avail this tale but Akane seemed pretty adamant to try it out anyway, so why not go along with it. It was an improvement on the girl crying a few minutes ago anyway.

RukaBanner.jpg

Ehb Ehb Karyra Karyra Rithas Rithas LowD LowD EbonChevalier EbonChevalier

While Karam was deeply enjoying his pot of hunny, Ruka merely observed the others as they looked at the numerous point of interests in Pooh's treehouse. She looked at Cyra, Kipo and Karam asking Pooh about the hand-drawn picture that resembles Hoshino. It seemed like the Princess's personality also resembled Hoshino, especially the part about sharing star baubles to new friends that Pooh had made. It certainly felt that their beloved big sister from the orphanage was indeed in this world.

The spunky girl kept to herself for the time being, as both Cyra and Kipo once again threw questions to Pooh about the Princess. But there is one point of interest that she could not kept her eyes away from...

... And that is a toy gun that was propped against the wooden wall.

"Pooh, was that thing also belonged to the Princess as well? Or, did she gave it to you?"

Ruka pointed at the toy gun with a curious gaze.

EbonChevalier EbonChevalier Rithas Rithas Karyra Karyra LowD LowD Emiya Shin Emiya Shin

Akane and the Other Girl both had in interest in the tail. Akane had come to the conclusion that it would lead them in the right direction... somehow. The other girl seemed suspicious that Pooh had it for some distasteful reason. Pooh, fumbling as he was trying to answer both of their questions, attempted to clear up the mystery of the tail.

"Oh that tail. That belongs to one of the others here in the woods. Um, who was it again...?"

Pooh seemed to struggle to come up with the name. Looking at his expression it seemed he was forgetting out of well, forgetfulness as opposed to malice.

"His name was Eeyore? Yes. Eeyore. He tends to drop his tail in the forest. I found it laying out on the grass while looking for hunny they other day. I was not able to find neither Honey or Eeyore though before it was suppertime."

...So presumably, Pooh was holding onto it until he reunite the Tail with its owner.

"Perhaps you all would like to accompany me in finding Eeyore today so we might get his tail back? Now that I think about it, he was good friends with The Princess too. Why, this is looking to be a great plan!"

Being able to help Eeyore get his tail back, and helping his new friends find their friend and their way back home -maybe. It was a great oppertunity for good fortune in Pooh's mind.

Off to the side, Ruka was mesmerized by the toy rifle leaning up against the wall. She asked Pooh about it.

"Oh. That's just in case a Heffalump or Woozle comes along, late in the night."

The answer Pooh gave only filled the children with more questions. What was a Heffalump? What was a Woozle? Thing hurried along to quickly before that topic was brushed aside in favor of the task at hand.

It was ultimately decided that the children should seek out Eeyore so that they might ask more about The Familiar Looking Princess, and in order to return the tail he had lost. But, Pooh, being an honest bear, was not lying when mentioning he had been unable to find Eeyore. The children had trekeed a bit aimlessly through the woods with Pooh as their guide. They stopped past various nondescrept trees, hollows, and stumps that were apparently the residences of Pooh's other friends.

This is Rabbit's house. Hes usually tending to his garden here.
Tigger loves jumping on the stumps here. I guess he's out and about elsewhere today.
Kanga and Roo - not in today.
Gopher absent.
Owl?

Pooh kept on leading the children to these places. But none of the residents appeared to be home. The children felt a bit of alarm as this sequence continued on. Was Pooh tricking them? Or... even worse, was Pooh completely serious and with either confused, or did something happen?

It was a little concerning.
Eventually a tired out Pooh came upon a pile of sticks in a clearing.

"And this is Eeyore's home. I hope he is home at least. See those pile of sticks over there? He usually has them set up into a little house rather than being all piled up haphazardly though. Must've fallen over again."

Pooh said, this, as well as everything else as if it was completely normal.

"But... that's odd. Eeyore isn't home today either? Where has everyone gone?"

The bear fell onto his rump, seemingly in defeat.

"I apologize. It seems like everyone I know is doing errands today, perhaps?"

Looking amongst one another, the children realized they had traveled quite a ways through this forest, and had nothing to show for it. A part of them wanted to get upset at Pooh for sending them on such a wild goose chase, but a part of them was also realizing that despite his somewhat slow and bumbling nature, he had been genuine to them in everything he had done thus far. In any case, they might've even felt a little sorry for the bear for either being alone in this forest thinking up imaginary friends, or the reality of his friends all being gone somehow.

In any case, if this was really where Eeyore's house was. Maybe it was worth looking around?

These sticks look like they'd been gathered all around the forest. Maybe that's why Eeyore's always losing their tail? There's a single blue plastic star hidden in the pile of sticks. Again, same as Hoshino's. So 'The Princess' was handing these out to the animals that lived here then? The wind is blowing gently through the grass in this area.

There's a small stuffed grey donkey shivering somewhere just out of sight in the grass. Is this Eeyore?
Oh.
That's him!

"...Eeyore, we've found your tail." Pooh said softly, after he and the children managed to gently coax the shy and gloomy-faced donkey out of the grass where he was hiding. "My friends and I have been all around the woods looking for you!"

"Sorry to waste all of your guys' time." The Donkey said in a downcast tone of voice. "But, I've just been here trying to build back up my house you see. But well it's already fallen apart as you can see."

Instinctively the children glanced again over to the very sad pile of sticks nearby. It seemed that even if one were to build a 'house' out of it - said house would be a tad on the flimsy side despite all effort.

"In any case, thanks Pooh. And, thank you to your friends too for bothering to use there time on someone like me..."

The children couldn't help but feel a little sorry for the Donkey. His name was 'Eeyore' right? Was he always this gloomy?

"It is not a problem at all, Eeyore. Though, could I ask of you a favor?" Pooh addressed Eeyore.

"I sure can. Though I doubt I'd be all that much help to ya."

"Well, Akane and the others here... they wanted to ask you something. About..."
"...oh bother what was it again?"

Gradually, the gentle oddness that defined the ebb and flow of this strange place started to become a bit... understandable for the children. They did not quite understand the whole logic between these talking stuffed animals who ate honey and who pinned tails to themselves. But they did get an appreciation of how in this increasingly peaceful looking setting that such oddities were taken in stride.

They were generally only struggling with themselves when trying to look for places where Pooh was trying to get them. Really, it was just Pooh's own forgetfulness that would really cause them any trouble at this point!

In any case, since Pooh had already seemed to be at a loss of words, it was time to ask Eeyore about what he might know about 'The Princess' who bore a striking resemblance to Hoshino. In fact, they did spot one of Hoshino's signature stars in the pile of sticks. Probably something that fell off of Eeyore as well. They were also aware that, like with Pooh, it might've been worth talking with a certain level of gentleness at this already sad and overly gloomy Donkey.

Last edited:
1670546833375.png
Ehb Ehb Rithas Rithas Emiya Shin Emiya Shin @Karya LowD

'Where is everyone else?' He thought 'All this forest and only one chunky bear stumbling about.' Everywhere they went to seemed lived in but empty. Which made Karam more than a little uncomfortable. 'Maybe Hoshino isn't the only one disappearing. Are there phantoms here too?' He looked about as they walked and instinctually went for a struggle hammer that wasn't there. 'Right. no weapon.' As peaceful as this place was, he felt very vulnerable. Who knew what potential threats were lurking about? If not the Phantoms then maybe those Heffalumps or Woozles.

Also, all that honey he ate wasn't sitting well. Turns out, going on a long walk after gorging yourself is bad for your stomach. He toughed it out be the aching from his stomach punished every step. 'Please.....let us stop soon.' They eventually did at a sorry pile of sticks where they met a sorrier-looking donkey. His stomach settling a bit he walked over to the pile of sticks and grabbed the star along with the tail
"Hey Eyore I'm Karam. I know you don't think you'll be much help but I think you can." He held the star up. "We have a sister that looks like a princess you and Pooh knew a while back her name is Hoshino. She was really nice and collected stars like this." He walked about and pinned the tail back to his tailbone. "We saw a few pictures of her in pooh's home. Have you seen her lately?"

1666044200324.png

Heffalumps? Woozles? They sounded like dangerous creatures indeed. She wasn't sure how exactly a toy cork gun was going to help defend against such threats. So she would have to keep her wits about to make sure they were not ambushed by said creatures.

Still, she reluctantly went along with the bear and group to see his 'friends'. Well, she said see but seeing as none of them seemed to be around it was more of a showing of various stumps and treehouses. Was this bear more elderly then he appeared or just a...idiot? It was hard to gauge, so still they continued to go to various vacated homes. Her belly grumbled, darnit, she should have snuck some of that honey when nobody was looking.

At the sad pile of sticks that Pooh claimed was someone's home. Cyra rolled her eyes, "Oh come on!" She exclaimed. Now this was taking the...um, what you call it? Nevermind. The point was that this 'journey' was quickly settling into a joke. She could believe the other parts, but this being someone's attempt at a house was out of order.

So it was much to her chagrin that it turned out it was actually the home of some sad donkey.
Cyra just watched the scene with a open jaw.
This place was too whimsical for her.

Karam was at least keeping things on track with regards to who they were searching for. Which was good, cause Cyra finally had a separate question on a topic aside from Hoshino.

"Have you tried building your house out of, perhaps, a more solid material? In fact, why does everyone else have actual houses but not you? Pooh has a house but your stuck outside! This seems pretty silly!"

She looked around to the others. Surely she wasn't the only one thinking this.

"B-But yeah, have you heard the whereabouts about the princess?"

"Oh, I appreciate the thought little girl, but even if I had a house like Pooh I'd probably end up ruining it too."

This donkey, Eeyore, was so gloomy...

Just like with Pooh and the pot that was fastened to his head, Karam gently introduced himself to the melancholy animal, and helped him out - pinning the tail that Pooh recovered back in it's proper place. Eeyore turned around, looking tired, but appreciative of it being back on him again.

"Why thank you Karam, for helping me with my tail and all. Though I'm just going to end up losing it again..."

In any case, Karam explained the connections he and the children were making between the fabled Princess, and Hoshino, the person they were looking for.

Hearing the name 'Hoshino' Eeyore's sleepy eyes seemed to lighten up, like he had made a connection, though he quickly returned to a very mild, dour expression.

"The princess' name being Hoshino was supposed be a big secret. That's right. Her name was Hoshino."

"Quite a secret at that, Eeyore. Not even I knew that Hoshino was her name!"

"Well it's supposed be a secret. Even so, she still decided to tell me her name, though which is nice. Mine's not even worth remembering'"

Pooh walked over to where Eeyore was sat and plopped a seat right in front of him.

"I think your name is just fine to remember Eeyore. I believe the Princess... or I guess now Hoshino felt the same way too. Didn't you two spend days building your house over and over again? Even though it would fall all the time?"

Eeyore nodded.

"I think she really liked you." Pooh concluded.

The children again looked over to the pile of sticks. With this newfound information in hand, they could easily imagine Hoshino and Eeyore clumsily trying over and over again to turn those shabby sticks into some kind of shelter for Eeyore to sleep in.

But alright. Great. This princess was Hoshino. The children didn't know exactly what Hoshino being a princess meant, or why she and Fatuita had been here in these woods with these talking stuffed animals. But at least they had a firm connection now. In any case, where was Hoshino now? Maybe Eeyore knew?

"Say, Eeyore. Have you seen Hoshino recently? Or really any of the others for that matter. We've visited everyone and have found no one but you just now."

Eeyore shook his head.

"Hoshino has been gone for far longer than the others that you just told me about. But speaking of the others, I'm surprised you aren't with them though, Pooh."

"Whatver would you mean?"

Eeyore lead Pooh and the children out from the tall grass and into a slightly raised open area within the woods. It was here, with a good vantage point, that he motioned to a particular direction.

"Over there, Pooh."

Pooh reacted to this revelation with a clear expression of concern.

"Oh. Over there? Buy, why, is that not where the Heffalumps supposedly reside? And Woozles too?"

Eeyore nodded.

"Yes. Fauita said she was intending to catch one of em. She and all the others headed over there to catch them. I was put on duty to hide out here till they returned. I'm not a good hider though, on account you all were about to find my so quick..."

Pooh turned back to look at the children wearing a clearly apologetic expression.

"Well Karam, and everyone. Heffalumps and Woozles are not to be trifled with unless you're someone smart like Fatuita is. For us, though, I'm afraid our search can't go any further."

Wait. Was Pooh telling them that they were at a dead end?
Apparently they needed to wait for Fatuita to return given the dangers of the mysterious creatures that were currently being perused. The children still did knot know a Heffalump or Woozle was, but they had together just taken down a formidable foe. They should be able to take down anything this fluffy stuffed animal inhabited place had to offer, right?

At this point, the children were at a point where they had to make a decision. To forge on ahead on their own again to find Fatuita who would have all the answers to this predicament they were in, or wait patiently, finding another way out. The children could not really appreciate what sense of danger that potentially running into one of those 'frightening' mystery creatures would entail, but there was enough of them to take anything on, right?

It was bright outside right now so there wasn't much chance of running into another Phantom in the Shadows either.

Looking at one another...

The children voiced out how they felt they should proceed forward next. To keep on playing with Pooh and Eeyore here in the safety of the forest, or to go out and find Fatuita and others who accompanied her, and get their answers to finding a way back home.

1666044200324.png

"How can you ruin a house made out of solid wood?" She mumbled under her breath at Eeyore's comment, what exactly were they getting up to?

Cyra's eyes lit up at the mention of Hoshino's name from the...donkey? She actually wasn't quite sure what Eeyore was meant to be but she was going to go with Donkey. She leaned in ethuastically as he continued. She-

"Wait..."

She connected the dots.

"Fatuita and the rest are in that forest right now!?" She gave a look to Pooh. Gee thanks Bear.

Cyra walked over to Eeyore's failed creation of a house. Moving the pile around with her foot, she picked up the largest stick that was in the pile. It was roughly big enough to be somewhat like the struggle bat she normally used. "Good enough..." She gave an apologetic look to Eeyore. "Um, I'm going to borrow this. But don't worry I'll give it back to you real quick! And then maybe we can talk about how actual houses work..."

What exactly was Cyra doing?

She turned to all of them with a grin. "Right, well you can all go talk amongst yourselves if you want to stay here or what. But I know what I'm doing." She wacked the stick into her hand. "Finding my sister." She turned on her heel and began to stomp her way into the direction of Fatuita, Pooh's friends, and apparently Heffalumps and Woozles.

Pooh had said that they were not to be trifled with unless you were someone smart like Fatuita?

Well, She was smart.

She'd show them all how smart she was.

Last edited:
AkaneBanner.jpg

EbonChevalier EbonChevalier Ehb Ehb Rithas Rithas

Was a hefflump like a Phantom? Akane pondered this as she and the others followed Pooh to each empty home. She held the well worn tail closer each time they found an empty house. By the time they reached the stick pile, Akane was white knuckling the tail. Karam took the tail from her and give it back to the donkey, but Akane missed the feeling quickly.

She let the others talk and think, but when it became clear Fatuita was off with the hefflumps and woozles, whatever those were, she needed to act.

"Sorry Mr. Eeyore, but we promise to find much better sticks later on!"
Akane said, grabbing the next biggest stick and following after Cyra as quickly as possible. Fatuita would know what was happening, so it was time to get moving as quickly as possible.

Plus, how did she get here? How long had passed at home while they were in this werid place?

"Let's hurry and find Fatuita!"
Akane yelled to Cyra as she passed the older girl.

RukaBanner.jpg

Ruka was passively following the group, seeing how Cyra and the others were quite enthusiastic in wanting to lead the search for Hoshino. After a little bit of bantering here and there, Pooh and the children decided to search for the owner of the tail, which was named as Eeyore. The search for Eeyore in the forest eventually turned into a meandering one, as Pooh kept on bringing the children to random trees, and other forest-related stuff. At first, Ruka was patient. But after what it seemed to be the sixth time arriving to an empty tree trunk, the spunky girl was feeling restless. She was being quiet for a while now, keeping her emotions to herself, while fearing that she might say something that will cause unnecessary friction.

If anything, Ruka was going to pin Pooh as unreliable, until they arrived at a clearing with a pile of... sticks? She dropped her jaw when Pooh mentioned that pile of sticks are Eeyore's home. She was going to blow her top off, until the group finally noticed Eeyore hiding in the patches of tall grass.

One thing for sure, however, was that Ruka dropped her jaws again at Eeyore actually is. He was actually a stuffed animal in the form of donkey, and Karam simply pinned his tail back on him. If only she could adapt to the shenanigans of this alternate world as fast as he could. She exhaled, with her hands on her hips as Cyra and Karam once again started asking questions to Eeyore. Judging from the conversation, it seemed that the Princess was indeed Hoshino. But the account about the Princess had left for a long time was still there.

Either way, the conversation soon turned into a sharp turn when Fatuita was around here, trying to capture Heffalumps and Woozles. Pooh once again reiterated that these two are dangerous creatures of some sort. The thing is, are they as dangerous as a Phantom? Before an unanimous decision can be reached within the children, Cyra thought it was a good idea to rush in straight into the part of the forest where Fatuita speculated to be in. Kipo in this case, soon followed her.

"Wait!" Ruka called out to the pair. "We don't even know what are Heffalumps and Woozles!"

She sighed in defeat. There were simply just too many things to digest. This is harder than memorizing nursery rhymes, and multiplication tables. Ruka figured that she should at least find out those beings that Pooh mentioned, and the general layout of the forest where Fatuita was supposed to be.

"Um, Mister Pooh? Can you at least tell us what are Heffalumps and Woozles? Are they as scary as the Phantoms? And um, are you going to stay here with Mister Eeyore?"

1672347368623.png
Karyra Karyra Emiya Shin Emiya Shin Rithas Rithas LowD LowD @Ebh

As Akane and Cyra tried matching off to fight a battle. A battle against an unknown foe. With sticks. Karam snapped and sprinted after them in a rage. He reached out and grabbed the back of their shirts. Using every ounce of strength he had to hold them back.

"What do you two think you're doing!" Karam yelled. "You don't even know what you fighting but you going to pick up a stick and play guardian! THIS. ISN'T. A.GAME. If either of you gets hurt no one can heal you! Pooh's the only one with a real weapon! We don't know the area well or even how to get home! So the last thing we should be doing is getting into a fight!"

Rithas Rithas Emiya Shin Emiya Shin LowD LowD

The news of Fatuita being just nearby seemed to give Cyra the direction that she needed. That 'need' being in finding a way out of these strange woods. Akane too bid her farewells to Pooh and Eeyore, promising to return again some other day as she eagerly headed off to go find Fatuita as well. Eeyore wordlessly nodded in appreciation with the girls being too quick for him to catch up to.

Some of the children had certain reservations however, in charging in headfirst into parts unknown. All along they had been guided along by the somewhat slow Pooh, but the bear was still at the least acquainted with this place. In any case, Ruka wished to know more about these so-called Heffalumps and Woozles that they were possibly going to encounter in trying to reunite with Fatuita.

"Oh... they're a terrible sort." Pooh said. "They um... are quick, rather slick, and quite insincere about how they do things. Just be weary new friends, they are rather sly. You mustn't be tricked!"

That didn't sound too assuring. Was Pooh saying that these apparent terrors were of the intelligent kind?

"In regards to those Phantoms though.... Hm. I'm not sure what a Phantom is, but I'm certain they're at least as scary, maybe."

In any case, Pooh intended to stay here to keep Eeyore company. In pursuing Fatuita, the children were on their own.

Karam made attempts to stop Akane and Cyra from going into what he felt was certainly an upcoming fight with a foe they still knew little about beyond being 'sly'. But... ultimately with a majority of the children opting to go seek out Fatuita, Karam and Ruka were both ultimately driven to follow Cyra and the others in the interest of keeping the group together. With Pooh and Eeyore bidding them farewell, the children headed into the other parts of the woods...

The children disappeared from the view of Eeyore and Pooh as they entered the other parts of the woods. Pooh lamented the departure of his new friends, but was glad to be of help. Eeyore was not bad company either, despite the donkey's gloomy demeanor. Both Pooh and Eeyore wished the children the best in their journey to find they way back home. Certainly, if anyone could help them out, it was Fatuita.

"...Princess." Eeyore began, looking out to the bushes from whence he came. "Are you sure that it was a good idea to just let em go?"

"What? Do you mean she's right here with you?" Pooh said, utterly surprised.

"Yeah. They'd have probably noticed too, if that really fast girl wasn't in such a hurry to get going after Fatuita. I'm not a good liar but now I just feel terrible about lyin' to those kids."

"Oh bother." Pooh said as he scratched his head, feeling a little ashamed of himself.

From the hiding spot a girl whose face the children would've recognized rose out from the grass, and gazed hesitantly at the forest where the children had walked off to. Hopefully, they wouldn't run into Pete, and Fatuita would be able to help them out. But, she was worried deeply thought, as a conflicted look came over her expression.

Why did they know her?

The children walked deeper into the woods. Deeper and deeper. But, as time went on, it began to become apparent that beyond morsels of hunny that some partook in, they hadn't eaten any sort of meal since then. Even if they ignored whatever amount of time they were asleep for, before they were woken up by Pooh's home, it had already been practically half of a day, and the sun was beginning to wane, just before touching into twilight hours.

At some point, they were going to be in the same dark conditions as they had been when they first set off to find Hoshino. But, it went without saying that hunger was starting to set in for some of them.

That was why... when the children set eyes upon a camp in the woods, with food readily available once they came upon the correct storage space in the camp...they could not help themselves to sate the hunger that had overcome them....

They ate. Without regard to the owner or residents of the camp who were present. Perhaps it was simply good fortune and this will turn out to be Fatuita's camp. When she returns they would be able to get back on track, and just finally get back home. Some of the children felt a certain level of shame of taking things without asking permission. But the call of their hunger was just too great beforehand.

They explored the small camp...

Honestly the food the children ate was not too glamorous. Dried grains, gathered berries, and nuts. But on an empty stomach these things were a great meal! We should probably clean up a little at least...

These are wooden cages that look impossible to get out of once put into. Were the people of this camp trying to catch something?

Some of the document here have stamps that you've seen from papers and books Fatuita keeps, specifically when she does work for The Wizard's Tower. Maybe this is her camp?

Karyra Karyra
Akane seems to have had a net cast over her, and she's been made unable to move! Where did that come from!?

A tall, husky looking figure emerged out of the bushes with a temper.

"Hey you kids! What are you doing in my camp!?"

A moment of panic fell over the children as they realized that a large figure had caught up to them.... Akane's feet and legs were tangled in the net that was thrown on her! They couldn't run and abandon her!

Getting a better look at the figure that had just ambushed them, they realized he wasn't a person. But he wasn't quite stuffed animal like Pooh and Eeyore was, but he wasn't a normal person either, given those dimensions. It was almost cartoonish, but still very real. What was also very cartoonish but also very real was his attire. He was looking like a hunter, with hat and net shooter in hand. It certainly was not the toy that Pooh had in his house!

The children were in big trouble!

"You Heffalumps think you can ransack ol' Pete's camp and get away with it eh'? Well you've just bagged yourself a free ride back with me so I can make fast cash selling you to the Radiant Garden Zoo!"

He thought they were the Heffalumps and was planning to sell them to a zoo!? (What was a Zoo?) That was impossible! They were normal kids!

What to do in this utterly chaotic situation?

Pick up a stick and try to take him down like a Phantom?
Attempt to free Akane (With a Roll) and make a run for it? To be pursued by this Pete fellow?
Or attempt to talk Pete down and explain themselves.

This wasn't a situation that the children wanted to get themselves into, but they nonetheless had to navigate through it!

Last edited:
1666044200324.png

Cyra crouched down slightly. The others could feel her immediate urge to hit this guy with a stick. It was the same pose she prepared before her dash. Was she going to immediately go on the offensive!?

Cyra...

Stood back up and pointed at the figure with her stick.

"HEY! YOU IDIOT!" She said, the energy of her voice matching his temper blow for blow. She waggled her stick at him veraciously.

"Do we look like huffa-whatevers you buffoon!?" She pointed to Akane stuck under the net. "You've just shot a net at an INNOCENT CHILD! No darn Hallasumps in the way. Thought you could get away with it, Eh?"

Uh, It kinda looked like the two of them were were just meeting at the same level of anger. Perhaps it would best to get Cyra to stop ta-
The girl waggled her free hand back behind her to the rest of the group to tell them to keep quiet at the moment.

"In fact, How do we know you're not a haffa-plump!?"

What?

"Yeah, Yeah!" Cyra said, rocking her feet back and forth. Looking as if she was piecing together something. "Living in these forests! Trying to KIDNAP children! Looking Lumpy. Using made up words like Zoo! That's like...that's like prime Hoffa-bump behaviour!" Okay it was very clear that Cyra had forgotten what exactly the name of those creatures was.

"And don't even get me STARTED on this camp. Laying TRAPS for little innocent CHILDREN? That's totally a crime! You're not gonna get fast cash, you're gonna get a fast sentence with these actions against us you FLIPPIN HEFFALUMP!" Oh she got it right this time. "I, Cyra! Am too smart to be tricked by this TRICKERY!" Speaking of which, the others couldn't quite remember watching Cyra eat the camp supplies with them...

She knelt down to the net, she pulled up on the corner of the net, trying to unravel it.
All the while giving Pete a stare down
The entire time.
The two stared at each other.
She would not be the first one to blink.

"Clearly you don't know the first thing about these Huffles, Eh? An actual one and not just a normal child. EEEEEH?"

Last edited:
AkaneBanner.jpg

Ehb Ehb Rithas Rithas

Maybe she was just getting caught up in the whole atmosphere of this place, but Akane was letting go of her worries. They were going to find Fatuita, going to find a way home, and things were working out well.

Still, she looked back briefly at Pooh and Eyeore, waving to the two.

The rest of the walk to the camp was simple, but with something in her hand she felt tough. Maybe not as tough as Cyra...

She grabbed some berries, nibbling a few and storing them away. The camp was pretty rudimentary, but that wasn't too bad. Maybe she hadn't been back for very long. Akane examined the paperwork, also grabbing a few to stash away. Her mind was in gathering mode, she the more they had for later, the better. Hmm, this stamp... hadn't Fatuita used this before?

She didn't have time to think about it more before the net came.

She had enough time to realize she was in a net before the pull knocked her legs out from under her, scraping her knees and palms. The pain brought her little dream of quietly finding Fatuita and going home. She managed to wiggle around and get further tangled.

Cyra ranted, but Akane wasn't focused on the words, but niether was she focused on getting out. No, she was focused on launching the biggest, meanest ice chunk at this 'Pete' for hurting her and putting her in a zoo!

Concentrating her magic around her, Akane moved out of the net and threw her magic out at Pete's head. "I'm not fooled by your words, you- you- woozle!"

1673528976453.png
Karyra Karyra Ehb Ehb Rithas Rithas
"We shoulda just stayed with the bear..." Karam looked upon the scene with a set neutral look on his face. Cyra was screaming at a fat cat man while Akane launched ice at him. The problem of their hunger was gone but now they risked fighting some grown-up who thinks Akane is a heffawhatever. This was a bad situation and it would only get worse if nothing was done. So Karam walked forward with his hands up and his eyes on the cat man.

"We aren't Heffalumps or woozles just some lost kids. We were here looking for a girl that might be here. We're sorry for eating your food. Just lest us be on our way and you can focus your strength on hunting the woozles." Karams voice was calm and even but his body was ready to bolt. forward

Emiya Shin Emiya Shin Karyra Karyra Rithas Rithas LowD LowD

This was a really sorry day for Pete.
He had been out in trodging through these woods coming up with nothing of what he was looking for. He had just gotten his camp raided by a much of 'kids'. Not only that, these kids were pulling up a big old tantrum and throwing icy water at him. The look of discontent, almost on the verge of complete and utter anger, was almost palpable.

"Hey...!" Pete yelled out just almost getting grazed by the chilly attack from Akane. "You brats have some real nerve!"

Karam was also not quite enjoying how things had turned out. This chaotic and dangerous situation could've been avoided, had they just stayed back with Pooh and Eeyore. Karam attempted to appeal to Pete to let them go. Apologizing for the trouble and inconvenience this had brought up for Pete.

Pete looked between the gazes of the children. There were ranges of indifference and outright hostility, but at least Karam seemed to be trying to smooth things out.

EbonChevalier EbonChevalier

"Hmph. I suppose you are right kid, I am a bit deserving of a break. Been out here for days and I still haven't caught me nothin'. Well, at least nothing worth taking back to Magus Order."

Magus Order? Wait, Pete knew about the Magus Order? How?
Did this guy possibly have a way for them to get back home?

"If you kids think I hauled all my gear out here to just get messed up by some kids they you might need to rethink that a little. You brats owe me for supplies. And...." Pete rubbed his chin as he looked over the children. "Maybe you lot are the bai.... I mean, breakthrough I needed. It seems like you've heard about the Woozles and Huffawhatevers. Those slippery rascals have been runnin' away from me, but maybeee... they might be more willing to approach you kids. Whaddayasay?"

The children looked over at the cages, and began to become very aware that... they weren't exactly empty. There was something dark inhabiting them in the shadows. It felt like the presences were itching to attack them right away. The children were surrounded by several cages that had this dark feeling.

"My Phantom friends don't appreciate their food getting eaten. Maybe if we catch a Heffalump or Woozle together then they can go home, as opposed to getting their food back the hard way. Don't worry too much kids. I really could use your help. But if you want to walk away... then I don't have too much reason to keep my friends in their cages anymore. So how's about it, why not help out ole Pete?"

The option to run away was there, especially now with Akane freed. But based on what Pete had said, and based upon the number of cages, the moment that would become apparent, they would have at least three or so of something terrible - Phantoms - set after them. Their first impression of Pete was not good in the slightest, there was a feeling that he was a tricky person, maybe like a Phantom. But... the fact that he just mentioned Magus Order gave him a connection to home.

Working for Pete here might be the best option. Running away was also still an option too, but it was a dangerous one as well.

What would the children do?

RukaBanner.jpg

Things were once again, moving way too fast for Ruka to catch up. First of all, the group did charged straight into the other parts of the forest, in hopes of finding Fatuita immediately. But that turned out to be a less than stellar idea.

The need for sustenance soon hit them like a brick that was thrown at the top of the Clock Tower in Twilight Town. Fortunately, they found a camp. The children immediately helped themselves with the gathered food at the camp, mostly driven with their intense emotion of hunger. They did not even thought about asking for it, or who owned the gathered piles of dried grains, berries, and nuts. Perhaps the friendliness from Pooh more or less tainted their view of this mysterious world?

Either way, that decision also proved to be another bad idea, as another cartoonish animal-like being soon threw a net on Kipo. Fortunately, Cyra was quick to release Kipo from her predicament. But it was just the beginning. The gruff being in a hunter's outfit soon introduced himself as Pete, intending to engage the children in a violent manner. Even Akane decided to throw an ice projectile on him! Ruka was once again stunned with the rapid change of events. If anything, the hunger from before addled her thoughts.

Fortunately, Karam managed to talk Pete down. The hunter soon proposed that the children should help him, and capture a Heffalump or a Woozle.

But one thing for sure, he mentioned Magus Order. Wait a minute, Fatuita was also looking for a Heffalump or a Woozle. So, does that mean...

For once, Ruka's thoughts clicked.

"Heffalump... Woozle..."

She mumbled, before her eyes brightened up. The spunky girl looked at Pete with hope.

"Oh wait! Mister Pete! Are you by chance, know a girl named Fatuita? She also wanted to catch a Heffalump or a Woozle! Also, Magus Order? Where did you heard that from, Mister Pete? Can you tell me about that, as well?"

Ruka then twiddled her thumbs. "But either way, I'm sure you want compensations for eating your food, right? I-I think I'll help you out, Mister Pete..."

1666044200324.png

Cyra patted Akane on the head. Immediately counter attacking without question? The girl really was listening to her lessons! It almost brought a tear to Cyra's eye. Karam tried his best to try a more calm side of diplomacy. Which was like exactly what she said but in a less loud way. So no difference, really. And they considered her brash...

Did this guy just threaten to try and murder them? What a evil evil...whatever he was. Then there was something about the magnus order, whatever in darnation that was supposed to be. Sure it could be something that Cyra was told about at one point or another. Or it could just be another made up thing like a 'Zoo.' Gah, this was too much for her brain. Letting Ruka take the lead with answering Pete's question (or demand?).

Cyra gave a courteous look around.

"First of all. These traps are waaaay too simple. Don't you know, Woozles are clever and fiendish things. Second of all, they come in twoozles. Which is like...a number more then 14 I think. So we gotta think of something more delicate then the ole net to the face you seem to be fond of. Have we tried getting a scan from up in the trees? Perhaps a drop ambush from a higher position?" She gave a look over on the rather large and bumbling body of pete. She made sure to keep her look as judgemental as possible. "No...I suppose that might be out of your own skillset"

She leaned against a tree. Because now was the time to look cool. "Bigger brain thoughts Pete. Outside the box and everything."

"A-and by that I don't mean the phantoms. Keep them very much inside the boxes. Firmly...inside the box they should be."

EbonChevalier EbonChevalier Karyra Karyra LowD LowD

Getting his supplies eaten was a sour note, but if it could lead Pete to being able to finally achieve his goal out here in these mundane woods, then much could be forgiven. A girl with nearly white colored hair and stern and purple eyes asked Pete some interesting questions before indicating that they were willing to help him in his hunt for the elusive creatures. Specifically, she mentioned Magus Order - wondering how he knew about it, and of a person named Fatuita who was also looking for Heffalumps and Woozles.

Emiya Shin Emiya Shin

"What's-huh? You bunch know about Magus Order? That must mean you really aren't from around these parts. Well, if you do know about Magu Order, they's the folk whom are tryin' to save the world from the Phantoms. I myself, am a proud member of the prestigious Magus Order, and am out here on a mission to capture a Woozle or Heffalump for em. I do that, an I'll be gettin' a big promotion for sure! No more mopping hallways for me, heh-heh!"

Realizing his slip of tongue, he covered his mouth.

"Oops. Did I say that out loud?"

In any case, Pete had about enough of saying those creatures weird names over and over and was internally eager to get things going, especially since with his food eaten up, he really didn't have much luxury to stay and live off hunny and berries for much longer. He continued to answer Ruka's questions.

"And uh Fatuita. Well, if I met someone with a name almost as wierd as Heffalu-Woozle I'd probably remember. But sadly no. I haven't met someone who went by that name, kid."

Moving onto the next, more boisterous sounding girl, she was quick to criticize Pete's plans. Treading between seeming to try to get a rise out of Pete while simultaneously being keenly aware that one really bad move like attacking him again would get phantoms unleashed on them. Still, Pete was generally counting on the sincere words of some of the other kids that at least some of them were really willing to help.

Rithas Rithas

In any case, Pete responded to Cyra.

"That's right... they do come in Twozzles. That means One. Two. By the way. There's supposed be more of them in the general population though. More like..." Pete shook his head, realizing his was getting lost on less-relevant details. "I hate to admit that a kid is right, but you have a point on the whole delicate part. I've been stalking these woods for a while now and I haven't seen even one tuft of Woozle Fur. I don't even know if they have fur."

Pete raised up his finger, as he brings up an important point.

"Still, what I heard is that those Woozles like to come around and mess with the regular denizens of the forest. Like that Stuffed Bear and Kangaroo lot over thatta way. You kids arent the exact same likeness, but maybe they'll feel more inclined to try messing with you kids as opposed to just me on my own. But enough about that: I got a great plan. I'll lets you kids scour the forest a bit. Get the most flimsy looking one out of you to go walking, while the rest of you with nets trail behind. Once the bait gets their attention and keeps em' distracted, just come out with nets and bag em'! I think there's enough of you to bag em'."

Pete is suggesting this Plan:

[ Roll 1 Die ] - Make Contact with a Heffalump + Woozle

[ In Character ] - Keep them distracted enough to not run away.

[ Roll 1 Die ] - Have the others try to catch them with a net.

The plan, sadly, still involved nets and basically ambushing them. But Pete seems convinced that the Heffalumps / Woozles would come to them. After that, they just had to successfully catch two of them in rapid sequence before they got away, and take them back to camp.

"I know it's basically just nets but well, how else are we going to get them into these cages? Gotta transport them out of here in the end, ya know?"

Would the children accept this straightforward plan?
Or maybe there was a more creative way to go about it?

Last edited:
1674530979900.png
This plan sounded risky.
But Karam being the city boy that he was knew nothing about hunting. He thought it over for a good while before turning to the others. "Let's go through with this. I can't think of anything else we can do to help us catch one of these things. So we'll have to be extra careful." He turned to Akane. "Think you can pelt them with ice when..." He swallows. "One of us acts as bait?"
Emiya Shin Emiya Shin Rithas Rithas @Karya

AkaneBanner.jpg

Ehb Ehb EbonChevalier EbonChevalier

Akane listened to the discussion. As Karam pointed out, she could pelt them with ice... though her track record said otherwise.

"I'm okay with being bait, I don't think that my ice would be... useful." She looked at the sad puddle next to Pete. "But... where would the best place to be even to lure out a Woozle? Moving around isn't too smart, I think. It'd be hard to remain stealthy. Maybe we change it to an ambush while the bait remains somewhere out in the open?"

She was thinking hard about this, but they didn't know much about these creatures. Even worse, while Pooh was sweet... he wasn't very smart, and he was one of the best chances to ask about Woozles and Heffalumps. Asking him about their habitat and habits would be five too many syllables for the poor guy.

1666044200324.png

Cyra scratched her head as Pete sounded out his plan. That was it? Send one of them out as a lure on the slight possibiltiy that a suspicious creature would try to harass them. And the n try to catch them with a net without the ruse being caught? "Surely there's a better way to...let me think about it." She rubbed her chin. "Er..."

Karam discussed the plan.

"Ummmm..."

And then Akane added her own points.

"Eeeeeeh...."

And a leaf fell on her face.

"Wellll...."

Cyra sighed, "Nope, I got nothing. Bait plan it is."

"If Pooh wasn't a whole confusing forest away. I would nominate him as bait. But seeing as him showing up looks unlikely. I guess it'll be one of you two. I couldn't be bait, I'm too intimidating for forest creatures." She looked between Karam and Akane, nodding to herself.

"On one hand, theatrical experience. Good as performing as a confused child. On the otherside, Akane looks like the poster child for lost forest children. Plus, can she even manage to throw a net if it came to it."

She raised a finger. "And Akane's right. What if in the forest the floozle comes from a direction we didn't predict. If they live in these forest then they probably like...know this forest or something. Duh."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back