Faceclaims/Character Art and Good Sources.

CupAndCough

Sought Hope Here, Became Blind To It
I hate it. I hate myself for it. And I hate whatever is working against me as I look, but goddamn it. Finding a good face to my characters is hard. I think it is often because I choose to work on writing the character before choosing a faceclaim to base a character around. Regardless! I have found myself in a really tight spot here, and I'm running out places to find good pics consistently. I don't mind anime or anything realistic--but it is seeming harder and harder to find anything I would use despite a vast library of "Oh that's cool" pictures.

Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have good sites or artists to scope out for this stuff? Any assistance is great, and thanks in advance!

Well, if you go on Tumblr you'll find a whole faceclaim tag. For realistic faceclaims I tend to use this blog because they have over 1,500 face claim options which is pretty neat. As for anime face-claims, I've collected enough during middle school that I don't really look around for them anymore so I don't know any websites for it.

Thanks for the assistance guys. I tried zerochan as well, but it has proven to be at least interesting along with the booru image dumps. I will start using these sites if I can. May this thread be up for anyone who needs it tho--anyone is welcome to still post

@Yunn

@Caru

I swear by Pinterest. The tags make it easy to find what you're looking for and collections are great for keeping everything organized instead of having to scroll through hundreds of random pictures.

I look on model mayhem tbh.

You would have to join though, but you can search based on age, ethnicity, hair color and length, eyes height ect.

I just google and try different keywords and synonymous, then try to find to find a pic that gives the GENERAL feel of the character I want to present.

THANKS ALL OF YOU FOR THE ASSISTANCE~! I hope all of these available resources you posted here will not only help me in the future, but people looking for FCs as well!

And thanks Sunkissed--really appreciate the help! (I realize now that most of these boys are cuter than most girls I kno *COUGH* No homo tho).

Tumblr has some great resources! If you're looking to broaden your search outside of mainstream models, actors, and so on, you could also try out jellyfish-faces on there. They have some great gems that are overlooked. Personally, I try to establish a mood-board or post dedicated to inspiration behind the character. Music, aesthetic images, gifs, you name it! That way, if I can't find a face that fits my character or it takes longer than usual, I'll have a nice foundation for the reader's imagination to work off of!

Haha, I may not be the best person to offer advice on this, seeing how I used to spent hours upon hours trying to hunt for a faceclaim myself. I tend to stick to anime faceclaims though.

But I normally start my hunt on zerochan and work my way around that. Sometimes, I'll get a little ballsy and head over to danbooru. (careful though, it's gonna take surfing through pages and pages of nsfw images til you can strike gold).

The artists I tend to stick to on zerochan are:

• Applepiefasna
  • Matsuo Hiromi (thanks mono!! <3 )
  • Mocchiri Oyaji

Sorry if this wasn't much help!

Last edited by a moderator:
@mayu

psst friend I think you mean Matsuo Hiromi <3

To add to that list, some really popular folks are ASK (Asukaziye) and .Axis

Anyway, I personally use pixiv as I have a premium account there due to being trash.

I also tend to donate to patreons and all that stuff because I'm an art hoarder ok. : (

I used to just keep a bunch of pictures in my folders, but now I actually keep them all

organized like
this. Plus after more than 4 years of hoarding images, you start to

remember a lot of possible faceclaims. @ v @ ;;

I do get the feel though, but I usually start with a general feel of the character in mind

and then work my way through. At first I'll search with a specific hair color, and if that

doesn't work, look at another. If I do find an FC but with a different hair color, depending

on how desperate I am I may change the hair/eye color. o /

Users who are viewing this thread

Back