• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Fabric of Najud (Fantasy - Steampunk - Martial Arts) [CLOSED]

Ignition

One Step Beyond
Edit: Re-opening sign ups on this because I'd really like to get it off the ground and we need just a few more people to do so.

Lots of genres, I know. πŸ˜‚

Hello all. I've been tweaking and working on this particular idea for awhile now. Here's the short version.

___________________​

On the world of Najud, magic and technology clash as the divine Yu-Long Dynasty and the mighty Vernes Empire threaten to engulf the planet in total war.

The gods are nowhere to be found when the world needs them most, and the call for heroes could not be stronger.

Be they dune elf, towering na'ka, frost elf, alien jinn, or widespread human, the disparate races must come together to spare their peoples from the most dire of calamities.

Map of Najud2.jpg

Races of Najud-Female.png

Dune Elf Sultan.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png
_____________________​

I've always wanted to do something fantasy related, and I finally have a good chunk of lore and a setting to work with.

This is all a combination of a few different genres, but the main concept is a sprawling world where the two largest nations that vie for power are a Da Vinci-influenced clockwork empire and a Asian-styled martial arts and magic-using kingdom. A band of adventurers gets caught up in all of this: think D & D but without all the dice rolling. Besides regular humans, I have the races as 1001 Arabian Nights-styled dune elves, more Viking/Nordic frost elves, Polneysian-esque half-giant na'ka along with the alien and mystical jinn.

If this at all interests you, please holler!

All the threads are up!

LORE

CHARACTERS

OOC

MAIN
________________​

I hope it's not all too intimidating, but hopefully this can turn into something fun. :xFsmile:

Last edited:
Color me intrigued. I'd suggest putting the lore up on here instead of in an attachment though.
(A neat coded version might be helpful, since it looks like there's a lot. I can help with that if coding's not your thing.)

I see noted.

Please see here:

LORE

This should be far more organized so people get a better idea of the whole setting.

Two already, sounds cool. :xFsmile:

Last edited:
Goodness that's a lot of information ^^"
May I suggest making a Lore Thread with posts for each of those sections?
And maybe a blurb with whatever people would need to know to actually create a character ._.

Goodness that's a lot of information ^^"
May I suggest making a Lore Thread with posts for each of those sections?
And maybe a blurb with whatever people would need to know to actually create a character ._.

Sure, sounds like a good idea, I'll get right on it.

Like I said, I put a lot of thought and detail into this, sorry if it's a little overwhelming.

I'm basing my advice purely off of how I feel about these things. Here's a breakdown:
-If the basic premise seems interesting, I'll pop into the interest check
-I'll wait to get information on what the story is and who the characters can be
-I will also wait to see who else is interested, and what their character ideas are
-If all of that is exciting and gives me ideas for characters of my own, I'll commit
-I will then read any relevant lore in order to write my characters and posts

So if others are like me, they're probably unwilling to spend x amount of time reading x pages of lore if they're not yet sure the RP is for them, you know?
That's why I suggest story and character blurbs so people know what's going on and can decide if they want to participate (and read the lore) or not ^^

Hope that helps!

I'm basing my advice purely off of how I feel about these things. Here's a breakdown:
-If the basic premise seems interesting, I'll pop into the interest check
-I'll wait to get information on what the story is and who the characters can be
-I will also wait to see who else is interested, and what their character ideas are
-If all of that is exciting and gives me ideas for characters of my own, I'll commit
-I will then read any relevant lore in order to write my characters and posts

So if others are like me, they're probably unwilling to spend x amount of time reading x pages of lore if they're not yet sure the RP is for them, you know?
That's why I suggest story and character blurbs so people know what's going on and can decide if they want to participate (and read the lore) or not ^^

Hope that helps!

That sounds good.

I'll wait to see who else pops in, but in the meantime I will go make an OOC with all of the lore in one place for easy reading.

Thanks.

On another note, for character ideas, beyond being one of the five races, there's really no limitations. Basically every conceivable fantasy archetype or class that you can find in D&D, Pathfinder, Diablo, Dragon Quest, it's all good. If you even want to make up something, that's even better. I made the lore with the intention that a lot of the "blanks" can be filled in. I.E: frost elves live up in the snowy mountains and are cold and distant, but what's their culture like? etc. etc.

Okay, made a bunch of updates and I got everything organized into threads now. Hope that's better. :xFsmile:

Sounds interesting, at there set races or can we make some? What are the criteria for making a race if we can?

Sounds interesting, at there set races or can we make some? What are the criteria for making a race if we can?

Check out the LORE thread linked in the first post, details all the world, history, races, etc. I went pretty in depth but there's plenty of blanks that can be filled in. Lots of room for discussion and ideas.

In the meantime I'm finishing up the first story arc...

Last edited:
Check out the LORE thread linked in the first post, details all the world, history, races, etc. I went pretty in-depth but there's plenty of blanks that can be filled in. Lots of room for discussion and ideas.

In the meantime, I'm finishing up the first story arc...
So I have a few more questions.

When it comes to skills and abilities. On the front of magic, do I have t name individual spells or just the general type?

Also when it comes to classes is it possible to be a hybrid between a rogue and a mage? Like Mystic Archer, Spell Cloak, whatever you would like to call it?

So I have a few more questions.

When it comes to skills and abilities. On the front of magic, do I have t name individual spells or just the general type?

Also when it comes to classes is it possible to be a hybrid between a rogue and a mage? Like Mystic Archer, Spell Cloak, whatever you would like to call it?

You're totally fine to make stuff up, this isn't actual D n D so no dice rolling and no stats. Makes it easier to be more creative. I encourage things like that.

You don't have to list your spells or anything like that, within reason.

I updated this thread and the lore thread with a full map. Thanks for the suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back