• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy FableWood: Trickster Tales

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Hyde.jpg
Hyde eyes Yo-Lai up and down at the mention of Jekyll. He had run into this problem before, so it was all a simple story at this point. the trick was whether or not Yo-Lai would bite.
"Jekyll will be along shortly. He needed to study some stone or rock or something stupid."
Hyde recoiled slightly at the mention of no payment, even with the ever pressing feeling of Jekyll's disapproval within his mind. When Yo-Lai mentioned talking more when they returned to the town, Hyde gave the paint brush a little twirl and then slipped it back into his back pocket.
At the mention of the horses, Hyde waved the offer away and began walking down the road with his bag slung over his shoulder. Careful not to wander to far ahead to overhear the conversations, but keeping his distance, Hyde padded along down the path along side the horses and the centaur.

Hyde listened intently on what Yo-Lai was telling the new arrivals. He had heard the legends of humans abilities the first time around, but having Jekyll as an example made Hyde doubt those legends completely. In all the time Hyde and Jekyll had been together, Jekyll had never once showed and signs of "bending elements to his will". Merely a nerdy little man who liked to make potions. So Hyde found it extremely hard to believe that these whimpering weaklings had so much of a shred of power.
When he hear Yo-Lai speak up again about the situation in Fablewood, Hyde smirked as he glanced up at the moon cresting overhead. He honestly hadn't given the event much thought. It hadn't bthered him to much, other than his little run-ins here and there with the beasties Yo-Lai mentioned. Other than that, Hyde thought the red of the moon was kind of nice.
"If it bothers ya so much fancy-pants. Don't look at it."

Bringing his gaze back down Hyde caught the glint of something shiny out of the corner of his eye. One of the others, a very petite kind looking girl with black hair and green eyes, was holding a silver lamp of some kind. Hyde's eyes became instantly fixated on the object and wondered where she had gotten that from. Had he missed something in the temple? The thought made Hyde rather cross as he fell back towards the woman and eyed the piece. He had to admit to himself, the woman was rather beautiful, so Hyde put on his best and most charming sharp toothed grin before addressing the woman.
"Quite the piece you have there, and the lamp isn't to bad either."
SilverFlight SilverFlight Shame Shame St. Boethius St. Boethius

As his new master rubbed the lamp she would find that a portion of her magical energy was being stolen away. Inside the lamp Dantalion who had been hibernating opened his eyes and looked towards the starry ceiling of his prison as the magic cane down from above and latched to his shackles, taking the form of chains. He received everything he needed to know about his new master... Mistress this time, as he gazed on the magic that bound him. For a moment nothing happened then suddenly he was ranked towards the ceiling.

The small lamp that had laid dormant for so long began to tremble with power and it surged with magical power and out of the nose of the lamp poured forth a torrent of blue flames the flew skyward. Those around it could feel the heat, but only Dantalion’s mistress would remain unaffected by it, immune to the Djinn’s magic. After a moment the flames stopped and collected to bring the massive form of the Djinn into being.
83054B31-91D7-4648-8390-1545C244D93A.jpeg
The Pact is formed.” Dantalion said ignoring the others and looking towards his mistress. “Mistress, my name is Dantalion. I am the Djinn of Knowledge.” The Djinn said as he gave a deep bow. “Your wish is my command.
Shame Shame SilverFlight SilverFlight Eliasdagood Eliasdagood zCrookedz zCrookedz Everyone Everyone I missed

Kiara gets up with her help, her knees shaking, and trying to breathe more steadily. “C-could you just help me walk please?” Normally she’d say she could walk on her own, but at this point she really couldn’t. Her body had been robbed of energy, and it was barely in shape to stand, much less walk a long distance. Still, she was mentally berating herself when Yo-Lai began talking, and took her attention.

This… made no sense. A world where every legend, every fairy tale, every myth and ghost story was made real? She did her best to listen anyway, needing to understand. She listened to him talk of tricksters and darkness, and of what it means to be human in this world. Something inside her seemed to click suddenly. This is what she had been searching for. A way out of the uncaring, mundane world. She could be someone of importance here.

She’s snapped from her thoughts as she felt a sudden heat, and turns her head to see flames erupt from the lamp the mistress is holding. She gives a soft cry, curling in as if she expects to be struck by something.
@Still Way too many tags.

The Mistress of Copper Mountain
"Quite the piece you have there, and the lamp isn't to bad either."
The rash black haired boy had approached her, but she had no idea what he was saying. Piece? Lamp? Was he stupid?
Azovka opened her mouth to ask him such when she felt a part of her power ripped away from her. She sunk to her knees, surprised if nothing else. She had never encountered something more powerful than her, powerful enough to steal her power, even if it was only a part.
The trinket in her hand trembled, but she mantained her grasp and rose to a stand almost defiantly. As if she would let a piece of silver defeat her. She was about to crush the thing into a garbled mess and send it deep underground where it could never be found again when suddenly, blue flame spilled out. But, strangely, she felt no heat. The fire took shape into a man and he began to address her.
"The Pact is formed. My name is Dantalion. I am the Djinn of Knowledge. Your wish is my command."
Djinn? Pact? What did those words mean? Why couldn't the people here just speak Russian, too?
Could this be a Zhar-pitsa*? But where were its feathers? And it did not ask her to go on a quest. Instead, it spoke as though submitting itself to her.
"I do not understand this," She told the being, shifting her weight from one foot to another. She sunk deeper into the soft ground with each movement. "However I feel that you bode no ill will toward me. I will greet you, Dantalion. I am called many things by many people but my name is Azovka."

--------------------
*Slavic Firebird
St. Boethius St. Boethius zCrookedz zCrookedz

B6ADA962-6696-43B7-9C79-80B9A451C957.jpeg
Dantalion rose from his prostration when his Mistress Azovka spoke. As his eyes fell on her anyone looking at his face would see a third eye drowsily open and after looking around to orient itself before attempting to look at Azovka, but Dantalion shifted his gaze to the being next to her. One that upon looking he knew to be a human with a... unique physiology. Curiosity burned in his heart, but he had an obligation to fulfill. “ If my Mistress doesn’t understand I can explain.” Dantalion offered as he shrank down to her size. Azovka would find that despite the fact that Dantalion wasn’t speaking her native tongue he would be speaking it, this was an effect of the Pact.
I am bound to the lamp that you now own, and my power is yours to command. In accordance with the Pact I will grant you Three wishes to the best of my ability. After the last wish is granted I am forced to return to my prison and await a new master.” Dantalion explain in a monotone and very formal manner. It had been his experience that such a neutral tone was the best when dealing with the young races.
Mentioned: Shame Shame zCrookedz zCrookedz

Last edited:
Hyde.jpg
Hyde watched with astounded curiosity as the lamp in the woman's hands erupted into flames before them. Within only a few moments a person was then standing before them, one that most certainly did not look human at all. Hyde didn't really know what to say at all. The last thing he had expected was for the shiny, expensive looking lamp, to contain and actual genie within it. This made Hyde hairs on the back of his neck stand up in excitement. He could feel Jekyll peering through their shared vision at the spectical before them, but the pair merely watched as the Genie then shrank down and explained himself to the woman.

Hyde was very excited and intrigued by the three wishes. Oh the riches and power he could wish for with that kind of chance. In his mind he could feel Jekyll smirk.
Ha! Even if you used the wishes for all the power, money and plessures of the world; you would still want more Hyde.
Hyde's face went a bit blank before responding in his mind.
First thing I would wish for would be to rid myself of you forever Jekyll.
Jekyll, did not retort to that. He knew he had struck a nerve and receded once again to rest.
Hyde's eyes shot back over to the woman and the Genie, and his devilish smile returned once more as he side stepped up to the woman.
"What are you gonna wish for?? And more importantly, can I use it once you are done?"
Shame Shame St. Boethius St. Boethius

The Mistress of Copper Mountain

“ If my Mistress doesn’t understand I can explain.”
Russian! Finally! Someone was speaking her language! She could understand! No more English! No more translating her thoughts before she could speak them and dancing around words she didn't know!
But, then the being continued.

“I am bound to the lamp that you now own, and my power is yours to command. In accordance with the Pact I will grant you Three wishes to the best of my ability. After the last wish is granted I am forced to return to my prison and await a new master.”
Azovka's lips drew into a firm frown, though really it wasn't much of a change from the neutral expression she had before. She drew her hands across her chest, and they snaked together tightly as she visibly seethed. She sank even deeper into the soft ground as though she were somehow getting heavier the angier she got.
"I have no need for wishes," she snapped at the Djinn in her native Russian. "Wishes come at a price I am not willing to pay."
She knew that too well. Her people would sometimes come seeking her out. They would come asking for help, and she always warned them of the consequences, warned them that they could get exactly what they wanted. Sure, she would always help her people if they needed her, but wishes were different. Wishes were greedy and selfish. Hardwork was the only way to go.
"There is only one thing that I want and I will achieve it with my own power. Hardwork and perserverence brings reward. Wishes bring ruin and sorrow."

"What are you gonna wish for?? And more importantly, can I use it once you are done?"
Azovka shook with her anger. What foolishness. Without even looking at the black haired fool, she climbed out of the hole she had made herself and made her way back toward the bag she had dropped earlier. She yanked it off the ground, perhaps a little more forcefully than she needed, slung it around her shoulder, and shoved her trinket into it. She paused, her fingers on her bag, looking perhaps a little remorseful.
"You try to help people with these wishes, don't you, Dantalion? And, when you are done, you are imprisoned until stumbled upon again," Azovka addressed the Djinn softly in Russian, lifting her green eyes to meet his (well, at least the two). "You must be lonely."
She dropped her eyes sadly to the ground, looking as if she knew every bit of what that felt like.
"Is there a way I can help you?"

---------------
zCrookedz zCrookedz St. Boethius St. Boethius

Dantalions mask of obedience slipped as Azovka stated that she didn’t want the wishes, that she knew the price that came with then. Dantalion looked stunned for a moment and was even more so when she asked if she could help him. Never before in the hundreds of years has even one of his masters been so... kind or generous. All of them had been like the black haired human. One look at his face and Dantalion knew exactly the kinds of things he would wish for.
Dantalion had to take a moment to recover from what just happened to him and think. “ if I may speak plainly I ensured that each of my masters paid for their wish. Greed and a lust for power never end well. “ Dantalion explained as he placed his hands behind his back. “ I’m not sure how you would be able to help me mistress Azovka, but please at least hold onto your wishes. I will be your faithful servant until the day they are all carried out.” Dantalion said bowing to her once more. This time when he returned to a normal posture he actually noticed the rest of the group and offered a quaint smile. “ I see you have quite the... diverse caravan Mistress.” As Dantalion talked his eyes fell on all them. The third eye seemed to look over them hungrily as he gathered all the information it could on them.
Dantalion had not mentioned using her wishes to free him from his bindings because he couldn’t. It was an unfortunate addition to his curse that he had quickly figured out. “
if you don’t mind my asking for what purpose did you travel all the way to...”
Dantalions words trailed off as he recognized for the first time since his awakening that he was no longer in the sand seas, and he would need to wait until he could see the stars so he could orient himself. “ it may be rude of me to ask but where are we?” The Djinn asked finding the ruined temple that wised to be his home.
Shame Shame zCrookedz zCrookedz SilverFlight SilverFlight Eliasdagood Eliasdagood BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 Ridge Ridge Generic Brooding Antihero Generic Brooding Antihero K KodomoYamiya Lioness075 Lioness075

Last edited:
Yo-lai looked at a complete loss when Hyde pocketed the brush. He glanced quickly at the humans, starting trouble here would be all the worse for them, after the Cerberus debacle he simply wanted to see them safely to the village to plan their next move.
Giving one last hopeful look about the area for Jekyll he turned back to Hyde to reply coldly: "You'd better not loose it."
zCrookedz zCrookedz

As Azovka rejoined the group Yo-lai tilted his head curiously at the silver item in her hands.
"Cool, it looks like an Arabian lamp." Jace spoke up, looking at it too. He was no expecting the explosion of flame and gave a cry of shock before jumping back. Yo-lai shielded his face with a flowing sleeve, clearly just as shocked.
"Jeez! Is anything normal around here?" Jace then made the decision that he wasn't going to trust inanimate objects in this world to stay inanimate.
Yo-lai went to sooth Kiara, throwing an annoyed, if slightly wondering look at the being that had been in the lamp.
He listened to Azokva calmly dialogue with the Djinn, nodding in complete agreement as to what she had to say. "Well spoken, truly well spoken. You are very right to distrust wishes. They seldom end up profitable for the wisher."
With an irritated glare at Hyde he added, "and whatever you do don't let that one get his hands on it. I've known him for all of five minutes but I can already tell he's the sort that should never have power."
When Azovka asked what she could do to help the Djinn he became cautious.
"I would be careful, he was likely imprisoned for a reason."
Jace looked horrified at the third eye glaring at them all in the center of the Djinn's forehead and took a few steps toward Kiara, away from him.
Shame Shame St. Boethius St. Boethius zCrookedz zCrookedz Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

"If I may, let's get to the village first. We can continue everything there." Cerberus could still be seen, sleeping in the distance and Yo-lai certainly did not want to be anywhere close when the beast woke up.

~~~

The village was a small one, nestled into the hill, with one winding central path snaking down its center. Jace crunched the limestone pebbles paving it under his feet and looked up to admire the buildings. The houses were small but well-made, washed in white with red-brick tiled roofs. Some had neatly-trimmed shrubs flanking the doors, or small gardens by their sides. The people seemed human for the most part: Children running with dogs down to the seaside and back, white sand beaches running like ribbons against the gold-painted waters of the ocean at twilight. Several adults were busy cooking fish over hot-coal fires on the beach. Others brought fresh fruit to a long wood table that had been set there too.
It reminded Jace of the fake luau his parents had taken him to on one of their mandatory vacations to the Caribbean, only there was nothing fake about this: The clear water, the modest people, the food cooked completely old-school. This was all real, and to Jace that somehow made it much more appealing. With the giant dog a memory he allowed himself to smile just a bit.
"This is for you." Yo-lai said proudly, addressing the humans they had collected and gesturing to the food being set out at the table on the beach.
Even now they were attracting the curious stares of children, and somewhat awe-filled gazes of the adults. Jace had to do a double take when a fawn darted behind a bush, little goat legs covered in thick brown fur.
"Take as much time as you need to get used to everything I just told you. You're safe here, and if you have anymore questions, I will answer them happily."
A woman dressed in a flowing blue robe approached, holding out her arms in which were several garments made from the same material.
"Ah, there are also fresh clothes for those who need to change."
Shame Shame zCrookedz zCrookedz Eliasdagood Eliasdagood BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 Ridge Ridge Generic Brooding Antihero Generic Brooding Antihero K KodomoYamiya Lioness075 Lioness075 St. Boethius St. Boethius

Oh, dear. Piper scratched his temple, furrowing his brows, and shooting the boy his most apologetic grin. The boy responded only with gestures -- Piper could tell as much -- and to his chagrin, sign language was well beyond his repertoire. With a sigh, he put his flute away in his satchel, and crossed his arms, pouting as he thought of ways to get around their little problem. These humans were too precious, after all, and Piper wasn’t about to give up a chance to communicate just like that. ‘You know, I met a nice young lady once who had a similar problem. She used to be a mermaid, I think.’ He shrugged. ‘No matter! We’ll get you some pen and paper as soon as we can -- or perhaps you can teach me sometime. I do enjoy learning quite a lot, me.’

‘But first -- off we go to the village. Considerably less angry pups there. Come along!’ Piper pointed at the gathering not far from them -- Yo-lai, a few vaguely familiar FableWood locals, and, of course, the humans -- and strutted towards them, beckoning for the young man to follow suit. Everything afterwards seemed to move more or less as planned -- Chiron’s arrival, Yo-Lai’s explanation of what was happening -- when the Russian-sounding woman -- did he overhear someone address her as Azovka or was it just his imagination? -- appeared to have summoned a genie out of a lamp! The heat was particularly harsh on Piper’s layers upon layers of clothing.

‘Well, aren’t we full of surprises today?’ He put himself in between the boy and the strange newcomer, stepping aside only when the Dantalion introduced himself and his intentions. Dantalion and his new master were conversing in Russian -- much to Piper’s dismay, though he was familiar enough with the language to have a vague idea of their exchange. He couldn’t blame the lady -- not really -- although for his part, Piper wouldn’t have known what to wish for only because he wished for too many things, and they varied by the hour. ‘I wish I knew sign language, I really do!’ He mumbled under his breath as they hurried along to the village.

Once they’d finally arrived, Piper dashed towards the wooden table set for their guests. ‘Home sweet home!’ He grabbed an apple, nodding approvingly after he’d taken a bite. Technically, the fruits were for the humans, but after coming through unscathed from an encounter with Cerberus, they all deserved a bit of celebration, yes? ‘And what of Yo-Lai’s brush? Or, rather, his master’s brush, I should say.’

K KodomoYamiya

Hyde.jpg
Hyde watched the exchange between this Djin and the woman rather intently until he heard Yo-Lai speak up and gesture towards him. With a grin Hyde pulled himself away from the newly formed pair and winked at Yo-Lai.
"I feel special Yo-Lai."
With that, Hyde separated himself from the others once again, padding after the group down the road towards the village in his bare feet. Every now and then, Hyde would look back up at the sky towards the moon and then back down at the ground. He knew he didn't have a lot of time, damning Jekyll under his breathe for only giving him limited freedom.

Once they had reached the village, Hyde set out first and for most to find himself a place to change back. He could change back willingly, but he couldn't change back into Hyde without Jekyll and his elixer. With such a limited amount of time, he wasn't going to risk being found out so he ducked behind a small house with bushes covering the corner and dropped his bag. The effect started immediately, almost as if Hyde began to leak the bright green liquid he had drank in the beginning. It rolled down his face like tears, streamed from his ears, and he retched several time to produce a small puddle of the liquid on the ground before him. With each wretch Hyde shrunk a few inches, his dark hair began to fall out and regrow brown, but by far the most gruesome was his teeth falling to the ground and regrowing within his mouth. All of it turned to bright green liquid once it fell into the puddle created, until Jekyll was once more standing there huddled over and wiping his mouth with his sleeve. He stood there and watched as the green liquid dimmed and became a brackish mass on the ground.

Jekyll.jpg
Grabbing his change of cloths and stuffing Hyde's back within his satchel, with the exclusion of the paint brush and key, Jekyll rounded the corner of the house to return to the others near the beach. He arrived right behind the maiden with the change of cloths for the humans, beaming at the sight of the table and the atmosphere around him. At the mention of the brush from The Piper, Jekyll held up a hand and reached into his pocket to retrieve what Hyde had stolen.
OY!! Those are mine!!
Ignorring Hydes protest, Jekyll stepped forward towards Yo-Lai and handed the Key and Paint Brush out towards Yo-Lai.
"Ah yes. My sincerest apologies for Hyde. He is an, associate, of mine who does some of the more heavy lifting for me. He scampered off to do his own thing, but I will return these to you where they belong."

Kiara was silent the rest of the journey to the village. She was simply too tired, overwhelmed, and confused to think of what to say. But she did appreciate those people that seem to be protecting her. She knew she was far too weak to do this without them, and while she hated that weakness, it was not something she could just ignore.

She looked around in awe at the fantastic people and scenery that surrounded the group. She was quite surprised when Yo-Lai said it was for them, and part of her immediately wanted to run and hide. She pushed it away, narrowing her eyes in annoyance. She would need to get over that.

She smiled as the woman approached, shyly stepping forward. “A-ah Yeah… I could really use a change.” She stammered, trying to force her voice to a normal tone, rather than a shy whisper. She needed to get out of these clothes. Besides, wearing clothes from this world might help to make her feel more at home. She didn’t like the amount of attention on her.

She tensed a bit, hearing Jekyll mention the name of his ‘companion.’ That was one story she was very familiar with, and the way he just showed up after Hyde left… She cleared her throat, turning to look at him. “I-I’m Sorry, I don’t think I caught your name. Or most of your names, for that matter… I’m Kiara.” She said awkwardly, in the order thoughts popped into her head. She was blushing pretty badly at her awkwardness.
zCrookedz zCrookedz

Dantalion watched as the group made its way to a far off city. Dantalion of course had to stay near his lamp and his Mistress. Hyde was by far one of the most interesting people within the group. While some of the humans were definitely not from Fablewood Hyde was by far the most interesting. His third eye showed that the humans not from FableWood had an entirely different physiology, down to their atomic structure. They had to be from the real world, and suddenly Dantalion was very happy he was awoken at this point in time. With Humans entering Fablewood things must be going awry. Perhaps there is hope he can be free from his prison after all. Hyde’s body was... interesting to say the least. His chemical composition was unstable, and seemed to be exasperated by some sort of chemical catalyst, whose materials were foreign to him. Dantalion stifled a yawn and strangely enough his third eye didn’t reflexively close as one might expect. His mind was still addled by his hibernation. He would need to take some time to fully wake. Dantalion opened a small portal in front of him that lead to his library. The Djinn would pull an incomplete book from the Biology section of his library and began writing a new chapter on humans at speeds that would be hard to follow with the eye. “ Mistress simply call on me and I will appear. I am your and will help you however I can. You don’t need to use a wish to order me.” Dantalion said before disappearing into his lamp in a plum of smoke.
Shame Shame zCrookedz zCrookedz SilverFlight SilverFlight

With a few blinks, Ash adjusted their eyes to the new lighting around. At first, things seemed the same. Trees, the faerie ring, and the occasional rustle of plants. That began to change as they noticed how the ground felt a little softer, the flora seemed more twisted than before, and the scent of ocean salt wafted near them. Ash spun around slowly, taking in the strange feeling they had in their stomach which could be compared to fluttery butterflies. They gazed down at the ring one more time before their eyes grew. "Faerie trickery!" They announced into the open. Readying the camera, they pointed it every which way trying to spot whichever creature transported them. It was a futile effort as each photo either came out blurry or empty of any creature. With a pout, they let the camera rest against their chest. "Fine, i'll take photos of nicer faeries then." They said with a tired tone. Looking up to the sky, the flora blocked most of everything. Unable to figure out what direction they may have been transported, Ash figured it was time to move towards the salty smell off in the distance.
With a spring in their step, Ash exited the small forest without a problem. No hungry animals, malevolent faeries, or dangerous plants stopped them luckily. It was quite the view as the land opened up to hills and a sandy beach. "They must have sent me far away, I was no where near water!" Placing hands on their hips, the wondered where they came to. Nothing was recognizable. As Ash's eyes scanned the beach and hills, something caught their eye. A small village of sorts. They couldn't tell for sure but there seemed to be movement from many figures. Leisurely walking towards the village, they stopped occasionally to take a pretty, yet crooked picture of the land, village, or point of interest. The pictures may not be the best yet there was a little charm to each one that wasn't a blurry mess. As they grew closer, it became clear that there were people moving about. With quick skipping, they approached the villagers. While the people had amazed and curious expressions clear on their faces, Ash did not notice. "Excuse me, does anyone know where I am? The faeries didn't tell me but I was quite some distance from a large body of water." They looked past the group they were talking to only to see some sort of party a little further down. Without hesitation, they snapped a few photos of the event. "Guess I made it in time for a party. What is the occasion? It's a few weeks before any holiday I know of."

SilverFlight SilverFlight @ others who want to interact

Last edited:
When Kiara had asked for help, Ashley nodded. It was clear the young woman was tired. Hopefully she could get a good night's rest once they get to the closest village. When the girl curled up, having been startled by a flame from the Mistress, Ashley went forward to comfort her before helping her to her feet and offering support for her standing, throwing the young woman's arm over her shoulder. If they were to be attacked between here and their destination, it would be hard for her to fight since she was unable to draw her bow. Quite the group was forming. Sadly to Ashley, it wasn't the same, but she was determined to help. While listening to the bustling conversations around her, Ashley just kept her eye on Kiara, since her safety took priority. When she overheard something about wishes being granted, the young ranger simply raised an eyebrow. While in this realm it was possible, she never really had any desire to connect with such power, finding it dangerous. If there were any questions that she had, Ashley decided that it could wait until after they reached the village that Yo-Lai had spoken of. At least they can have a place to gather their thoughts, rest and grab food. For the remainder of the journey, Ashley focused on keeping Kiara on her feet, all the while listening to the various conversations going on within the group.
Interactions: Eliasdagood Eliasdagood
Mentions: SilverFlight SilverFlight Shame Shame zCrookedz zCrookedz Ridge Ridge Generic Brooding Antihero Generic Brooding Antihero K KodomoYamiya Lioness075 Lioness075 St. Boethius St. Boethius

Upon arriving at the village, Ashley was marveled by its architecture and the way the village was built. Needless to say, it was rather beautiful. The inhabitants were mostly humans like herself and those from the different world. Sadly, she didn't really appreciate the amount of unwanted attention they were getting. There were many staring at them, from curious children to surprised adults, even puzzled dogs. Soon, she found herself and company at the beach. The Ocean-like view was simply beautiful and the waves...relaxing. It really reminded her of her time in Branbern. As they got to the dinner table, Ashley helped Kiara to her seat. Now that they were safe, she no longer really worried. Despite the fact she was tired from the Cerberus encounter, Ashley was happy to be in a bustling place once more, of course it wasn't like Aerios, but still peaceful and relaxing nonetheless.

The next thing to catch her attention was a young woman who had approached the party. Naturally, Ashley went up and welcomed her with open arms. Judging by her clothing, she must have been from the 'other world' as well. Not to mention she had a strange device in her possession. It also made blinding flashes. Just what was it? When the young woman asked what the occasion was for such a gathering, Ashley answered happily. "Not a holiday or anything. Just a group of travelers catching their breath." She answered. "Now why don't you come join us? Its been a long day for most of us, not sure about you. But the more the merrier." She said, smiling as she offering her hand, which was covered up in a gauntlet, a piece of her armor.
Interactions: Eliasdagood Eliasdagood Bolts Bolts
Mentions: SilverFlight Shame Shame zCrookedz zCrookedz Ridge Ridge Generic Brooding Antihero Generic Brooding Antihero K KodomoYamiya Lioness075 Lioness075 St. Boethius St. Boethius

Lira was astonished by everything that was happening still. She gave a warm smile to Jace when he gave her hand up onto the horse. As she rode with Wu-kong she felt almost peaceful however. There was no danger in sight and the ride was comfortable enough to close her eyes for a few minutes. When they arrived her eyes widened at the beautiful sight, it didn’t take her long before she jumped down from the horse giving it a small rub as a thankyou. She began to walk away until she turned round and rushed up giving Wu a small peck on the cheek as thanks, rushing off again she stood by Jace. It took a while to take everything in until the strange man began to talk again. A feast, for us? Why were they so special? Humans had been here before she’d heard, and powers also came into the the statement. Lira wasn’t anything special why was this all happening..

Before long a woman came with spare clothes and Lira rushed over taking a long red gown to match her hair, looking around she quickly dashed behind a bush, before undressing and putting it on. She felt renewed in the clothes, no longer wet and dirty she smiled as she twirled around. It didn’t take her long before walking back over. Her hair bounced along before she met up with the group, looking around more and more people had arrived.

Looking to Yo she paused. “What do you mean by powers, we’re just humans?”

( SilverFlight SilverFlight Lioness075 Lioness075 Everyone Everyone )

Yo-lai smiled at the piper's enthusiasm. "Well, home for tonight at any rate. The forests have become too dangerous to travel in the dark. Who knows what sort of creatures are prowling the roads after sunset."
Yo-lai took the liberty of choosing a seat at the table while the horses were tended by some of the village youngsters.
Chiron stood by, scanning the darkening strip of beach. "We have watchmen at night, so far nothing has tried to come near the town., but I will patrol tonight as well, just in case."
Yo-lai nodded, welcoming the added protection for the chosen humans.
Upon seeing Jekyll come round the corner Yo-lai lit up, his expression brightening when the doctor held out his master's brush. "Oh! Jekyll! Thank goodness you're back. Thank you! However did you convince that horrible character to give it up?" Yo-lai took it, shooting a curious glance at the key tied to it's handle.
"This wasn't in my master's instructions. I wonder what it unlocks?" He held the key up as torches were lit, casting the darkened sand in a new, orange light. It was in plain sight for everyone to see.
Generic Brooding Antihero Generic Brooding Antihero zCrookedz zCrookedz @ all present

"Charmed Kiara." Yo-lai said happily when one of the humans had enough courage t introduce herself. He gave his own name in return.
"I'm Jace." Jace had been exploring the table full of fruit, no realizing how hungry he was until he caught sight of food. Everything looked normal, and delicious but still, Jace gave the apple a good hard poke before concluding that it wasn't going to explode. The genie...djinn, whatever, had returned to the lamp and Jace felt it was suddenly a lot easier to relax.
"Where're you from Kiara? I was in Central Park when I was brought here."
Eliasdagood Eliasdagood @all present

At that point Lira came back wearing her own new gown. She looked a lot happier and Jace couldn't help but smile too.
"Lira, you look great." He said genuinely. Suddenly he felt self-conscious about the giant rip in his jeans, and his grubby hoodie. The villagers didn't seem to judge though.
Some of the girls flocked about Lira in admiration, while a few more offered to take Kiara away to get her changed too.
Yo-lai nodded approvingly at the new outfit. "FableWood attire suits you."
Ridge Ridge Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Yo-lai considered Lira after she asked her question. "You are human, but humans created this world. Their minds shaped it. Here, a human can make anything they can imagine a reality. That is why we need your help. Without the tricksters to keep the balance between light and dark, things are beginning to unravel. Chaos is starting to take FableWood. and I fear it will only be a matter of time before very bad things start to happen."
Jace shifted uncomfortably. "Yeah, no pressure then."
Yo-lai sat in the silence for just a moment before clapping his hands together decisively, which made Jace jump.
"Never fear! We will help you wake your powers. You won't be sent into anything you are unprepared for."
Ridge Ridge @all present

It wasn't long before the sun set fully, letting the full glow of the moon shine down on them, it's half-red glow somewhat menacing, but the light from the torches and the cooking fires on the beach chased it away from their small area, creating a bright center of warm firelight. Food was brought from the fires, steaming ocean fish and grilled forest vegetables. Jace smelled corn cooked in it's husk and the warm, buttery scent of mackerel. There were slices of squash and breaded dumplings, piles of olives and one of the fauns even brought a keg of some sort of sweet wine, balanced precariously on one slight shoulder.

Yo-lai found himself staring up at the moon, brow furrowed, as if it's state caused him physical pain. His soft, purple eyes were unfocused, and he drew his hands in to tuck them in his lap as he sat, balling them into small fists.

Shame Shame zCrookedz zCrookedz Eliasdagood Eliasdagood BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 Ridge Ridge Generic Brooding Antihero Generic Brooding Antihero K KodomoYamiya Lioness075 Lioness075 St. Boethius St. Boethius

Jekyll.jpg
Jekyll turned towards the girl that had announced herself and relized she was right. Amongst the chaos and his disappearing act, Jekyll hadn't had the time to introduce himself or the recieve introductions from any of group save for Wu and Yo-Lai. A little embarrassed to have gone this long without introductions, Jekyll smiled and placed his hand to his abdomen before tilting forward in as gentlemanly of a bow as he could perform.
"It is a pleasure Kiara. My name is Dr. Henry Jekyll. Its a pleasure to meet you and all the others."
Grinning and nodding as Jace and Kira introduced themselves, Jekyll found himself a place at the table toward Yo-Lai as to answer his questions about Hyde. Which didn't surprise Jekyll, he had kept the secret of their relationship so long now that he no longer got nervous at people asking questions.
"Hyde and I......shared a similar interest when I was visiting Branbern some time ago. Since then we have traveled together in pursuits of my research."

As Jekyll sat at the table, another human arrived and was welcomed into the fold. She looked somewhat, natural, in this world than the others did. Not disheveled and panicked, but open and wondering as if this new world she was in was nothing new at all. It was good to see such a vibrant personality join the group.
As Lira returned in her new gown, Jekyll smiled and added his own approval to her outfit with a smile. Jekyll reached for a cup on the table and found the swirling red wine within to have floral and sweet smell to it. He took several swallows from the cup as he listened to Yo-Lai explain human abilities. This actually made Jekyll a bit dower as he thought about his own situation. It had been so long since he had first come to Fablewood, and nothing had ever developed for him. It hadn't been a sore subject for him until he had heard the tails of the first group of humans and their fight against Caraboss. He tried not to think about it to much, but it was always in the back of his mind.

It wasn't till he felt a slight pang in his mind that he realised Hyde had been there with his thoughts the whole time.
Lighten up Jekyll and drink more of that wine. If you get drunk enough, I might just be able to get you to let me out for some midnight fun with some of the locals.
If there was an equivalent to kicking someone in your mind, Jekyll performed it and Hyde vanished with his last thoughts.
He needed to keep his mind occupied, so he came up with a question that had been burning in his mind for a very long time.
"I actually have a question for our human companions. What is the human world like? I have heard stories that have been passed from the group that came before you, but I am interested to hear first hand what your world is like."
SilverFlight SilverFlight Ridge Ridge Bolts Bolts Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Kiara nodded taking a deep breath. Right. Jekyll and Hyde. So that’s interesting. She thought to herself. She drifts off a bit as she thinks further about all of this, attempting to process it. All of my stories… all of everyone’s stories. They’re all here. This entire world… imagination created it. So many things to think about there. What about different versions of stories, or fan theories, or even fanfiction? Do those exist here too?

Oh damn, how does the geography even work? I mean, a lot of stories involve the edge of the world, or places that don’t exist in the real world, but place them relative to real world places! How on earth does that function? Oh, wait, I think I missed something… Jace! Right, this guy’s name is Jace.

She comes back into focus, blinking a couple times. “Right, Sorry, got a bit distracted. I’m from Devil’s Lake, North Dakota.” She says, rubbing the back of her head in embarrassment at zoning out like that. She looks at the table, her stomach rumbling, but is happy to let these strange girls lead her away to get changed. She’s quite nervous in her dirty pajamas.

Ash stared at the table and people as they seemed to gather for a story. Out of the corner of their eye, a figure in armor walked up to them. While the person looked human, the clothing was out of place. Hearing it was not a holiday, simply a gathering of tired travelers, their face took on a questioning yet wondrous shape. As the gauntlet hand stretched out in a offering to lead, Ash took the hand and leaned in close to inspect the strange attire. Now that they thought about it, people in the village were dressed differently. Besides the other folk with modern clothing, the people around here had old, fantasy stetting, wear. "It's nice to meet you! My name is Ash and you all seem to be very in character for this fair. Not sure why the faeries brought me to here but I might as well have fun!" They said as they took lead rather than the armored woman. They came to the table where the others were sitting just as some talk of powers were being spoke of. They didn't arrive to hear all of it, but tricksters, evil, and magic powers sounded like a story book. "I guess I'm not the only one the faeries tricked into coming here! I was in a local forest before I found the ring. Still, I've never seen such a well built fair, really goes to show how far along they have come." They said as the gazed around. The sky became night and the moon glowed brighter than what they remembered. With a bit of their tongue sticking out, they took a shot of the reddish moon and all its glory. That one is going in the scrap book.
BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 @ those at the table

As they winded down from the initial wonder, things started to feel a little more normal with others in modern clothing. It was simple bliss on their face. Who knew this two day hike was going to end up with a real adventure! Ash was busy mulling through the cameras data bank, deleting photos that were much too blurry to use. Unless of course they made pretty colors like a painting. An older gentleman walked up to the modern clothed people asking about the human world as though he hadn't been there. It was such a silly request but the people in the village were deep in their acting roles. "Oh yeah! Sure, I even have some pictures here. See?" Ash said with an inviting smile as they hooked an arm around the back of the mans neck. Holding the small screen close to his face, they shuffled through photos after photos. "See, here is when my family and I went to Paris for a business trip a week ago! Standing on the tower was really windy, my parents didn't even make it half way up and had to take the elevator instead. Oh oh oh, and here is my day going to a local cafe, book store, and getting my new jacket!" They said with joy as they got to relive some fun yet fleeting moments. "And this is right before I got here, you can even see it on the time stamp!" Ash pointed to the numbers in the corner of the screen showing the current date. "See, I found this Faerie ring half an hour ago and then right after I took another photo of the ring but it's a different spot! The trees aren't the same at all. No body has told me where I am either. Yeah, I heard Fablewood but where is this fair taking place? I don't know if a cab could make it all the way out here." Moments after showing Jekyll the pictures, the light showing the charge of the camera started to blink indicating it was about to die. With pursed lips, they put the camera in its holder. "Guess I gotta wait till morning to charge it unless someone can show me the nearest outlet."
zCrookedz zCrookedz @ those listening in

Sun Wukong.png
Name: Sun Wu Kong Age: Appears 22, really 850
Powers: Shapeshifting, Cloning, Protective Circle Weapon: Dark red and gold quarterstaff
Tagged: SilverFlight SilverFlight , zCrookedz zCrookedz , MoltenLightning MoltenLightning , Ridge Ridge , Eliasdagood Eliasdagood , Shame Shame , Generic Brooding Antihero Generic Brooding Antihero , K KodomoYamiya , BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27
Wu Kong smiled warmly at beautiful lass who accepted his offer. Unless he had completely missed it, he was fairly confident that he had yet to get her name. He had a tendency to get caught up in the moment of fighting before he'd realize he had missed something important in a conversation.

Before he had the chance to inquire about the lass' name, Wu Kong was distracted by the sound of someone falling down. He turned his horse quickly to potentially aid the person, but saw that one of the humans had simply flopped onto her back for the time being. It didn't seem like she was in danger and thus, Wu Kong relaxed. Perhaps now would be a good time for him to ask for his riding companion's name.

Alas, others began speaking at that time and Wu Kong had to focus on the conversations around him to help himself gauge how the newcomers were handling things. The danger was gone for the time being and once they headed to that town, everyone would be safe for the night. Perhaps then the newcomers would be done panicking and they could all get to know one another better.

Eyeing the stranger with an odd likeness to Jekyll, Wu Kong mentally voiced the same question Yo-Lai physically voiced. Where indeed was Jekyll? It was unusual to Wu Kong that an avid scientist would just up and vanish with everything going on right now. He had seemed genuinely interested in the humans, too.

Sensing Yo-Lai's immense disappointment and discomfort around this Hyde person, Wu Kong tried to pacify him, "I'm sure we'll have plenty of time to resolve this situation once we get into town. We'll all get proper rest and relax, then we can discuss problems without adding unnecessary emotions into the mix."

Witnessing the young man, who had skinned a knee, react in amazement to Chiron, Wu Kong grinned. If he thought that was amazing, he was in for a shock with how many exceptional and extraordinary characters live in FableWood. If one had the right mindset, this world was a beautiful and extraordinary place.

Yo-Lai as always did a wonderful job of conveying information to the group in a manner that made it easy for all to understand. At the mention of the impending danger, Wu Kong glanced at the moon once more and frowned. Something was most certainly in the air tonight and Wu Kong felt a shiver up his back. It was so frustrating to not know what exactly was wrong, though. His grim outlook quickly was replaced with amusement when this Hyde person remarked about simply not looking at the moon. He couldn't keep his chuckle in, as he glanced over at Hyde. Perhaps this odd person wouldn't be the worst of company, though Wu Kong was still curious to know where Jekyll had wandered off to.

As his mind wandered, Wu Kong suddenly remembered that he wanted to ask the lass for her name. Yet, just as he opened his mouth, a genie suddenly appeared from a lamp that someone had acquired. Blinking at the genie, Wu Kong's eyebrows slowly arched and then he muttered, "You'd think after living here for so long, I'd be used to such odd events like these." Shaking his head, Wu Kong returned his focus to the road and continued to guide his horse along the path. He absentmindedly noted to check his horse's hooves for any pebbles stuck in them after they arrived at the beach town. He had no interest in any wishes anyways. As far as Wu Kong was aware, he had all he could desire already.

Next thing Wu Kong knew, Jekyll was back and while Wu Kong had enjoyed Hyde's sense of humor, he did not necessarily miss the odd boy. Nodding at Jekyll, Wu Kong said, "Welcome back, Dr. Jekyll. I cannot say I will miss that Hyde fellow. He had a good sense of humor, but that was about it."

Even after they arrived at the town and Wu Kong inhaled the ocean breeze, he opened his eyes to see yet another human had joined their party. The human appeared to be a young female and Wu Kong gave her a warm smile before tilting his head at the odd device in her hands. He had never seen such a thing before and could only imagine what it did. Perhaps it was the her weapon.

Not too long after their arrival, the lass all but leapt from his horse's back and Wu Kong shouted to her, "Careful, do not get hurt after the danger has passed!" Sadly, this meant he had lost his chance to ask for her name, as she was rather quickly whisked away by townsfolk for a fresh change of clothes. Wu Kong was rather curious to see how all of the humans looked in FableWoodian attire. In Wu Kong's opinion, it would look far better than what everyone was currently wearing, which looked quite odd to him.

At this point, Wu Kong got off his horse and gave it a friendly pat on its shoulder before leading it to Yo-Lai's horse. Before anyone else could care for his horse, Wu Kong did a three-sixty around his horse and checked each of its hooves for pebbles, happily dislodging them with a content snort each time from his horse. When he was done and pleased, Wu Kong rested his forehead against his horse's and they both were quiet for a moment with their eyes closed. The moment soon passed and Wu Kong was smiling as he left his horse to join the others.

Just as he rejoined everyone, Wu Kong saw the lass returning in her new clothes and he smiled approvingly at her when Yo-Lai complimented her. The clothes most certainly matched the color of her hair, which was flowing seamlessly behind her. Perhaps now he could finally ask for her name! Just as he opened his mouth to do so finally, Wu Kong was interrupted by the young man with torn jeans, who also complimented the lass. Now this was just becoming ridiculous.

Sighing, Wu Kong waited until the conversation continued on away from the lass and then he finally approached her and extended a hand towards her. Surely, handshakes were considered normal social etiquette for humans, yes? Smiling, Wu Kong said, "My lady, I do not believe I ever caught your name with everything happening so quickly today. My name is Wu Kong. It is a pleasure to finally properly meet you."

Liras confidence was with her again as she rejoined the group. The compliment from Jace made her smile grow along with Yo-Lais and Jekylls too. She twirled round before some of the people from the village gathered round her. Giggling and chatting her ears perked up to Yo-Lai began to answer her question. Mind wandering with different thought, people had created this world? It was all beginning to make sense. There were so many people around that she could almost say she recognised either by name or by what illustrations had perceived them as.

The question still in her mind, why kind of power would she acquire, when would it happen and when would she know? Taking a breath she let the thoughts wander away as Wu-Kong gathered himself into the group. As he extended his hand she smiled with her glossy lips and white teeth before taking his hand in hers and shaking it gently. “It’s a pleasure to meet you too Wu-Kong. My names Lira Som. Thankyou for today. here.” Moving to the top of her toes, she planted a kiss onto his cheek as her eyelashes fluttered slightly.

Taking herself down into the bottom of her shoes again, she looked around before seeing the table of food. It made her feel almost a little sick, so much excitement and impossible things had happened that food was the last thing she was thinking about. “You seem to be really good with the horses, are they yours?”

( Lioness075 Lioness075 zCrookedz zCrookedz SilverFlight SilverFlight )

Last edited:
The young woman, Ash, seemed completely out of place. Most of what she had said made almost no sense to Ashley. Their names were also fairly similar. Ash and Ashley...Well, good grief. Either way, the Ranger didn't really voice it and instead continued to be kind and welcoming as she had initially started. The young woman then started looking over her outfit, seemingly marveled by it. "My name's Ashley, a pleasure to meet you." She smiled before following Ash back to the table, which was still lively by the way.
Interactions: Bolts Bolts
Mentions: None

Ashley didn't really engage in the conversation going on at the table, but did enjoy seeing the smiles on the faces of her companions. Little by little, the new humans stepped aside for a change of clothing, mostly to blend in with the current world. Otherwise, they probably just wanted to have some fresh clothing, something she could understand herself, considering how many times she had to change dresses when she traveled with Ward which was also during her pregnancy with Lillian. Glancing over at Lira, one of the new humans, she couldn't help but think about how the woman looked rather radiant in her new attire. Ash was then showing Hyde and Jekyll what seemed to be heavily enchanted paintings from that strange box-like device that she had with her. But since she was that close to take a look, she didn't really know what it was. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Wu Kong coming back from tending to his horse before striking up a conversation with Lira. The last thing she saw was Kiara, the woman she helped earlier, taking a step away to grab a change of clothing. Because they were getting heavy, most likely because she was getting a little tired, Ashley decided to go ahead and set her bow and quiver aside, but kept her cloak. Noticing Yo-Lai staring at the moon, she decided to approach him. Seeing his hands balled into fists, she frowned. "Is everything alright, Yo-Lai? You seem...troubled."
Interactions: SilverFlight SilverFlight
Mentions: Shame Shame zCrookedz zCrookedz Eliasdagood Eliasdagood BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 Ridge Ridge Generic Brooding Antihero Generic Brooding Antihero K KodomoYamiya Lioness075 Lioness075 St. Boethius St. Boethius Bolts Bolts

Yo-lai took the information about Hyde in with a contemplative silence. "Ah, so, then Hyde's going to be accompanying us for the remainder of the journey?" He tried not to sound too disappointed.
He leaned over to Wu Kong as his companion came up to the group. "My plan b was to ask you to fight him for me." He whispered to the horse master in a conspiratorial tone.
Yo-lai and Jace both looked up as the new human introduced themselves.
"You seem pretty cool with all this." Jace noted, as Ash spoke about faeries as if they were mentioning a problematic kid in their class. Then they said it. "Fair".
"Ah," Yo-lai started, but trailed off when Ash produced the camera and began to show pictures of their world.
"Amazing!" He exclaimed, "Look at those wonderful structures!"
Jace's face fell as Ash went on, he let the silence hang in the air for a moment before rubbing the back of his head, unsure of how to break it to her.
"Um...Ash? Thing is, we're not at a fair. We're...we're not in the same world anymore."
zCrookedz zCrookedz Lioness075 Lioness075 Bolts Bolts

Yo-lai took a moment to realize someone was speaking to him. "Hm? Oh!, I...I suppose I am, a bit. It's just that, whenever I look at the moon I can't help but feel sad...almost as if...I feel what's happening to it and...it's happening to me too...I know it doesn't make sense."
BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27

Something flashed in the greenery not far off. It was followed by another flash, this time a different colour, and another, and another: strange, soft lights winking in and out.
Those who'd never seen fireflies before might not understand what was happening, but even those who had, had never seen the rainbow of lights that began floating out of the trees.
All around them in the growing darkness, the tiny insects flashed their defiance of it, never the same colour twice. The entire experience was wondrous...and completely otherworldly.
One for two of the strange insects landed on the table, winking their lights happily and allowing the group to examine them up close. In all other respects, they looked like normal fireflies.

"So, I guess my next question is, how do we get back?" Jace asked, looking to any of the people who had picked them up from the jaws of the unlikely three-headed dog.
Yo-lai looked sheepish and uncomfortable at the question. "I will be honest, I don't know, but the first thing we must do is return to my home. I must bring back the brush, and, he may know more about this odd key." When Jace looked unhappily at the food on the table Yo-lai added, "We'll figure it out. For now, you need your strength. Eat. The first few houses along the beach will have beds for all of you when you're ready to rest." Yo-lai gestured to the row of small buildings, where lamps were being lit and inside Jace could see spun cotton bedding and pillows.

Kiara came back in a short time, having found a pale purple dress that she was rather fond of. It went with her hair nicely, and the skirt went to a bit past her knees, making it easier to move in than some of the other options. She was afraid to wear those, in case she had to run again. She also had a pair of sandals now, which she was grateful for. Walking here barefoot was quite uncomfortable for her.

She sat down with the others, and chose some fish and fruit, very hungry. She felt a bit better with the change of wardrobe, as it made her feel more like she belonged here. She gasped, seeing the fireflies begin their display for the night. Her eyes went wide, and she simply sat there for a long moment, gazing at the multicolored lights.

She finally relaxed the rest of the way, feeling safe in this village, at least for now. She looked up at the bloody moon, yet another reminder that this isn’t the world she knows. “Right… rest.” She murmured, going back to her meal, eating hungrily. She woke up in the temple, she shouldn’t have needed sleep as much. But panic will do that. For now, she just wanted to learn about this new place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back